Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

The only thing Comcast has to offer is excuses.

Starting in the beginning of May 2008 my husband and I got divorced. We moved into a new house and the first thing we did was call comcast. They came out the first week of May and installed our tv and internet services. The gentleman was very nice and said we just needed to contact customer service to have the three email accounts on my ex husbands transferred over to our new account. Easy enough- that's what I thought. I contacted customer service right away and the Rep put in a ticket to have this completed. I called back a few days later to check and make sure it was completed and was told the ticket had been closed and the tech did not see any problems with us accessing our emails and they were working fine. I advised them that this was not the issue the ticket should have been opened for and that we we're just trying to transfer over our emails- we were not having any problem accessing them at all. The rep then put in a new ticket and told me it would now be entered correctly and completed within 48 hours. At this time customer service also contacted my ex husband to make sure his permission was granted for this to take place. On May 12th I called back to see what the status of the claim was. I was given some tired excuse and told that they would make it a priority so that it would be complete within 24 hours. I told them I would like a call back when this was completed to avoid any further time of mine wasted calling back in. On May 17th I still had not heard anything regarding the ticket and transfer of our email accounts and once again phoned comcast. This time I was told it was still pening and someone would be calling me on Monday. I never did receive this call and had to phone back in again on May 25th. This time I spoke with a Supervisor named Veronica/Ronnie. She looked into the issue a bit further and said the reason this was taking so long and still pending was because comcast had not received permission from my ex husband (which they already had at the beginning of the month). Rather than spend anymore time on the phone I said I would call him and have him call in to give his permission again. Ronnie said as soon as they spoke with him the issue would be taken care of within a few hours. My ex husband called and gave his permission. Later that day I still did not hear anything from Ronnie and called back. I was told she had left for the day and as far as this supervisor new it would take 24-48 hours to be completed now. I waited another week. On June 1st I had still not heard anything and called back. This time I spoke with a supervisor named James. After going over the problem for what seemed to be the thousandth time he said the reason nothing was being completed on this ticket now was because last weekend when they finally spoke with and got permission from my ex husband that the rep simply forgot to resubmit the ticket! He resubmitted the ticket and assured me this time that it had all the correct information, everyone's approval, and that it would be complete in 24-72 hours. He also reassured me and noted on the account again for whomever that completes this calls me to let me know it has been complete. Now here I am, it is June 8th. I still had not received a phone call and once again had to take time out of my day to call comcast. Today I spoke with a Sup named Greg. He advised me that this ticket is still waiting to be assigned for a tier 2 rep to complete. I told him that I thought it was an eslcated/emergeny flagged ticket and was to be completed immediately according to the past Supervisors. He confirmed this but could not give me any reason to why it has been 8 days and still it has not been assigned nor completed. He could not give me any time frame as to how long it will take for someone to get assigned to this or how much longer my ticket will have to be out in limbo. It doesn't seem to me that in any customer service enviorment that an eslcated issue should take 8 days or more to get resolved. I wouldn't have minded waiting the 8 days in the beginning, but considering we have already been dealing with this for the past month it seems a little rediculus that this cannot be made a priority. Everyone at comcast seems very good about putting the blame on the person who handled the situation before them and giving excuses, but no one seems able to do anything to fix the situation.

Forwarned is forarmed,

yes I think you should have don your homework and found out from bothsides then you could have made your own mind up .

And yes for 2 educated people you are very *** if you just to look at the negative side of anything you buy.

and as for the guys who bought the sampler it tells you on the paperwork when you can use it since you already own timeshare I would have thought that would have been yoiur first question, if as a sample owner note sample you could reserve prime time we would all do it some people dont seem to have the brains they were born with

Comcast Service Transfer

Comcast in Atlanta, Georgia - Business Class My ***

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. I see that i have a support group here who may share my concerns and maybe we should all file a class act lawsuit in which i am willing to fund if necessary. I called Comcast Last year to get hooked up and they said it would be $600.00 to run 300ft of cable. I then proceeded to show them another route and they said " OH YEAH" like idiots. After getting it hooked up for nothing they left an exposed terminal on the side of a pole for the world to see and hook up to. Indeed one of my neighbors hooked right up to it stealing my business class. I called and made a complaint and they finally came out and cut the line 45days or so later. They left an exposed line laying there on the ground. The neighbor then reconnected what seemed to be an exact match from comcast leading me to suspect he had a friend who worked for them. I just cut it last night and i'm removing it from the terminal tommorow and going to put the terminal on a pole with 50,000volts running to it and a camera lol. Ladies and gentlemen that is just the beginning. They still have yet to bury my lines as they run from my shop to my office. 4 months ago my IP gateway crashed and i called them. They sent a Guy out who said hey i'm sorry i'm not a tech i'm a Maintenance man. I had to show him the issues and diagnose the issues myself and request that he go back to the office and get a new Modem. He did so and my problem was solved and THEY GAVE ME THE WRONG GATEWAY IN THE FIRST PLACE. Online support team said they did not support the Gateway and i said " Well your tech brought it to me so explain that" . They apologized and did nothing to my bill to make up for the incompetence of their techs. In conclucsion ( PLEASE READ ) 3 Days ago my New IPGateway made by Netgear started crashing for no reason. My PS3 said contact the manufacturer so i did and they said they could not support the product because they had a contract with comcast stating not to. I couldn't believe it. So i then called comcast and even they said they also could not support the product and would send a replacement in 4-5 days. DOES THIS MAKE SENSE? I proceeded to tell them how i seem to know more about their products and services than the actuall people they have working for them in person and by phone. I went straight out and bought a new Modem for myself and when i got back i sat on hold for 1 hour and finally got someone on the line. After a very long hour of conversation and 3 transfers i was notified that " I'm sorry Sir, We do not support any modems from the local sores in your market area". OH YES!!! I was outraged. How can a Modem at Wal-Mart or any other store say right there on the Package. "Easy Installation-one phone call to your Internet Service Provider completes the setup". NO IT DOES NOT! Because Comcast does not support Modems that you yourself can purchase. Only what they can give you. THEN WHY WASN'T I NOTIFIED OF THIS? And how can a company false advertise this on their label in stores without knowing they would get a Lawsuit. I asked for a phone number to speak to a high end representative of the company and she informed me that there was no such number available and that i could email them at CONSUMER_COMPLAINTS@CABLE.COMCAST.COM Ladies and Gentlemen this is a major monopoly indeed and we should file suit. Thank You for your time and Oh yes if i could get any other type of highspeed for my business then trust me i would have already. So basically they have this area on Lockdown and it's illegal.

I have a number to a very wonderful Lady who can handle your very issue STONE MOUNTAIN resident. She will not only fix your problem but you will get a credit for any unlawful or unauthorized charges.

After a week of finding only the wrong people I finally met her and she is just amazing.

Email me at natehpi@yahoo.com. Thanks

Comcast has been very nasty with my account of over charging and leaving an old account open without me knowing it. bad bad people i spend half my time on the phone with them and still nothing on where there getting these high charges.i want my account investigated can some one give me any information on how are where to i can get help i need? my email msga369@aol.com thanks :cry

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email asking you to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them.

Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste

Is there a way to get these *** to answer the phone?!?!?!

If I ran my business with such disregard for my customers I would be OUT OF BUSINESS!!

Government supported monopolies like comcast should be outlawed.

Yet they wonder why the "occupy" movement is so angry.

***

We are a repo and impound company. Our 5 landlines all have a recording that says the number is disconnected!!

We were alerted to this issue Monday the 4th and immediately began making calls the 'tech support'. basically no one knows how to fix our phones. Tech support to them is really customer relations because they are good at kissing your *** while they sound informative. But bottom line is they dont know how to fix ***!!

We are still with phones and "Tier 2 Tech Support" had been "Expedited".

MY ***!! They dont know what to do and hope you never call back!!

Hey you can get help. Just ask for a 3 year contract at 59.99 per month it's what I pay now and it's great.

If you can't get help then I'll find out who you call.

But after all my problems I've had no more problems since then. It's been great service since.

We've subscribed to Comcast for over 5years at my home, we run a business and a website out of our home, in short Comcast shut down our internet without a phone call informing us as to why. Then we called them and they said we could not run a business from Comcast, we had to purchase from Comcast Business Class for our internet connection.

Long story short, they now charge us more for phone and tv because it is no longer in a bundle with the internet. Also, said internet costs more because it's business class, no matter who I talk to on the phone, they cannot tell me why it's more or the difference between regular comcast and business class comcast...this is a scam! It now costs approx.

$50 more per month, even though the bill remittance form has the same return address for payment, and we get exactly the same services...WTH!!! I am so pissed off by this but we cannot afford to NOT have an internet connection..so frustrating and no end in sight!

View more comments (7)

COMCAST EXPERIENCE

I have been with comcast for the past 4 years and their customer service sucks or lack thereof. I am in the process of finding another cable/internet company in Knoxville, TN but they seem to have a monolopy on the market. During the month of April, I had several problems with my internet service and a tech had to come out several times. THe company gave me a 20 credit. When I called in to pay my bill, I was told that I had a negative balance because there was also a 124 credit. I naturally assumed that they gave me a month off for all the hassle. NO WAY!!! I received my bill this month and it has 2 months on it. I have talked to several customer service reps and a manager...nothing. I was told it was a mistake and that they couldn't let me have a month free because it was warranted. BS!!!
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast in Miami, Florida - Credit? What credit?!

The worst service possible. Between customer service and repair people there is no communication. It's kind of like "who's on third!". Nobody! Three months of calling on continuing outages, tiling, no pic, no data and comcast rep would provide a short time fix, a "blast" thru the cable. Thinking that it is reasonable that I be credited for service paid for but not received, I requested a credit and each time was told it would show up on the next bill. Well, three months later I called the rep and they want to know when there was a problem! Unbelieveable!!!! I quit Comcast!

Comcast sucks big time

I currently have Cable and Internet though Comcast and since I switched my phone service to Comcast month ago I am unable to access to my account on line because it needed a pin # which I was not aware of. When logging in, it prompted me to have my pin# mailed to me.However, its been 4 weeks and still no pin # sent. So I went to the local branch office and was told that a pin# will not be mailed out to me unless I show my valid ID. What a hussle! When I called few days ago and demanded for the pin # I was told they will mail it out within 24 hours. When I called today the account Manager said it would take 5-10 business days to get my pin #. What a story! Comcast sucks big time. A. Blake

Comcast Tale of Woe

I moved from CA to Maryland. I called comcast and cancelled my CA account and started a MD account. I was told to take my boxes with me. The MD installer could not use the boxes. Comcast told me to return the boxes to a local office. 2 months later I have received a bill for $1000 cut to $880 after they deducted $150 that should have been returned to me. They also say that they have no record of 2 payments totalling $300, which I have confirmation numbers from my bank for. I received a cut off notice. Comcast employees say there is no coordination between Comcast CA and Comcast MD so I have to deal with both. I am going to report them to the Consumer Protection Agency.
Product
Comcast Account

Comcast Customer Service Sucks!!!!! BIG TIME

I called and canceled my service with comcast. The person I talked to on that day told me my next and last bill is going to be 27 dollars and then ..guess what??? They took out 116 dollars out of my account and totally took advantage of autopay. I called and talked to a guy and he said I should get a cheque in 3 to 4 weeks..for the difference, and then I called back..a lady picked up the phone, She said she said they had scheduled to mail out my cheque for 62 dollars..and i am thinking 116-27=62?? I don't think so..it should be 89 dollars. She said no you owe 59 dollars..umm..and I am thinking why didn't the guy told me that a week and a half ago..and the guy who i talked to this morning..why didn't they say anything???? Is it my fault that they gave me the amount and made my budget around it???? It;s their fault..they need to better train their staffs. God!!! I live on paycheck to paycheck..and the Supervisor even said she can't do anything about it...when my frnd is paying 20 dollars with HBO on demand and everything and I have alwys paid 89 dollars each month for to get what he was getting for 20..COMCAST IS A *** UP COMPANY!!! COMCAST SUCKS!!!

The Incompetency of Comcast

Unfortunately, Comcast is the only service in the area, so we have to use them. However, this is by far the worst experience i have ever had with a company. When we had our initial connection they told us they could ONLY come to our apartment between 7&11 on a Sunday morning. The technician showed up at noon and when i asked him why he was late, his retort was, "Because i got other clients besides you". Um... excuse me? You had FOUR hours to find some time to actually be prompt to my home! Now, Comcast supposedly has an on time guarantee - but because he didn't damage anything while installing it, we still had to pay for waiting all that time for a technician to show up late and have an attitude! Had i known that was as good as it would get, I probably would have told him not to bother. The connection constantly goes in and out, resulting in us losing not only the internet connection, but tv as well. The cable constantly freezes and blacks out or will just lose sound every few seconds (as it's doing now!). Comcast's explanation? Well, they just don't care. When we finally got them to come check it out, we were stood up THREE times before anyone ever actually showed up. And to make matters even more annoying, we are paying for a phone that doesn't work! Why? Because Comcast doesn't feel the need to actually fix it! I have just never in my life experienced anything as horrific as Comcast, in quality and customer service. We are counting the days until FIOS is available and then we can finally tell Comcast where to shove it!

STAY AWAY FROM COMCAST

Stay away from comcast. They just scored at the bottom of national surveys of cable/satellite companies and with good reason! They cut off my service before it was scheduled. Then they wouldn't transfer my service to my new address because the tenant owed a bill there! wtf, that has to do with me? I'm an exsisiting!!! And one that pays his bills BEFORE the due date! They told me "it's not you, it's the address". What *** Like my "address" is going to write them a check! Then they come to install my service and one jack didn't work. Called them and told them the tech didn't complete the job. They said, sorry, we'll have a tech there in 3 weeks!!!! Can you believe that...they mess up and want to make me wait for 3 weeks! Told them to cancel my service...guess what, tech was there the NEXT DAY! Also, the charge $1.99 for any "changes" to service. So I wanted to upgrade to a higher package. Boom...rep happy to do it. Get a bill for the change fee. Called and told cust rep that I was advised of this fee...basically told me sorry and told bad - couldn't waive it! Talk about horrible service. So I cancelled my Internet...got dsl with at&t (no problems and great service). And switched to Satellite. I refuse to give my hard earned money to a company that doesn't appreciate my business! comcast ***!!!!!!!!!!
Comcast Service Transfer
Loss

Uppity uppity uppity Comcast customer service

I just got off the phone with a "manager" after the local Comcast office could not handle a complaint. They actually told me to go home and dial the 800 number and ask for a manager. After 20 minutes on hold trying to reach a "manager" the most uppity woman took my call. She wouldn't even listen to my complaint. When I tried to talk she just kept getting louder and louder and talked faster and faster and wouldn't come up for air. This only made me more angry and I reminded her that the whole deal with customer service was to listen to the customer and hear what they had to say. She then went mute and wouldn't say a word. I was then left talking to dead air. What's up with Comcast's arrogance that they can promote people to a level of management who don't have a clue as to how to fulfill their jobs? I can't wait for FIOS. Come on Verizon. As soon as you are on my corner I'm signed up. Comcast can go pound sand. I've sold all my Comcast stock. Wouldn't buy it back if I had a crystal ball and knew it was going to hit $50/share. Too bad we live outside of Philadelphia where the only thing you see on the horizon is the new Comcast ivory tower. Makes me sick to know that they are getting rich on our hard earned dollars.