service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem people account

Comcast is pathetic...truly pathetic

I signed up for cable, internet, and home phone with Comcast a year ago. There hasn't been even a single month during which all three services worked. I've called the company at least 20 times and had at least 8 technicians/supervisors out. Things are still not fixed. Their telemarketing group, however, seems to be world class: they call at least once a month trying to sell me additional services, despite the fact that I can't get COMCAST to actually provide the services for which I am already paying. A COMPANY SIMPLY CAN'T BE THIS INEPT BY ACCIDENT. STEER CLEAR OF COMCAST!!!!
Review

Comcast doesn't listen to customers

When you call customer service, all they want to do is trouble shoot over the phone. We had 3 cable DVR boxes , phone service, and internet installed in May. The On Demand hasn't worked on 2 of the sets since it was installed. We have called several times, and all they want to do is trouble shoot. We have done the trouble shooting several times, and have had enough. Since they don't seem to care about us, we will be forced to cancel the service. The last time we called they told us that they were having trouble with On Demand in the area, and to call back in a few days (even though it works on 1 of our sets.
Comcast Tv Service

COMCAST IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

Worst Customer Service Ever. I had problem wit my cable 3 days after the installation, and I called them, they told me to reset the cable box and do other things but nothing helped and they told me that they will send a customer service technician to come and fix the problem. They did, and all was fine until my bill arrived and I saw a 24.95 charge on my bill for that customer technician to come and fix my cable. I called billing support and talked to the rep and then the supervisor alex, employee number MAGU1106. WORST customer service ever. STAY AWAY FROM COMCAST IF YOU CAN.
Comcast Installation
Loss

Comcast Bundled rate complaint

Does anyone know how I can possibly stick it to Comcast (since they are already sticking it to me)? I switched to them in February from a satellite company because they promised me a bundled rate of $60 for 12 months. Now I am being charged $100 a month. I got 1 extra service (HBO) and I have 3 boxes, of which I pay $7 extra a month for (all of which I got when I signed up for the service and I was paying the $64,79 as promised). I got rid of the HBO because that was $16 more a month. I still have the $4 starz package. The person on the other end told me that the rate for the internet that I was getting was only for 6 months. Yes, that was supposed to be a part of my 12 month bundled service. I tried to get rid of STARZ just now and they said they would have to charge me $5 just to delete it. ARE YOU *** SERIOUS?!?!?! So when I got that news I told the girl I wanted to speak to a supervisor. She said there were none currently available. I told her I would wait. So I waited. And waited. And waited. I waited for over an hour (my phone has a minute timer on it) and still no supervisor. I finally hung up. I am disgusted that I am a PAYING (never been late) customer. Help? Does anyone know what I can do to maybe get my rates back down??? I only have the digital cable and the internet. Is there anything I can say to them to maybe get them to want to keep me and give me a better rate???? I already told the *** on the other end that I was offered a better deal with dish network and she IGNORED it. that’s when I said that I wanted a supervisor. And that’s when I proceeded to be on hold for an hour and 12 minutes. HELP?!??!?!???!???! WHAT ARE THE MAGIC WORDS?!?!??!
Review

Comcast admitted to blocking router&second computer!!

in 2 weeks we've been shut off 5 timesonce they told me after doing a direct debit I hadn't paid my bill,then they told me'trouble in area' now our wireless router doesn't work &only 1 of our computers will hook up to our comcast internet,i've called several times to be told everything should be working fine,must be router or computer..On august 23rd we FINALLY got an honest crook that works for comcast that told me they do not support wireless routers,and they have blocked my second ip:address,need another outlet..directtv&a.t.t are coming out tuesday...goodbye forever u monopoly called comcast!!!!

Overcharged by Comcast

I'm sitting here, again, waiting for Comcast customer service to pick up the phone. It's been 25 minutes without anyone answering my call. I have been overcharged by Comcast, but if I don't pay the bill, they will disconnect me. I have spoken w/ several individuals that cannot tell me what the charges are for. I have paid $487.01 since May 15 for the comcast triple play. So instead of straightening up my bill, they just send disconnect notices and cancels the on demand service. Then when you call, you have to wait at least 25 minutes. I finally paid the entire bill before they messed up my credit, and guess what, I still cannot use my on demand service. So I wait, and wait. I'm pissed! Direct TV, here I come. P.S. I'm still on hold!

I also love getting sexual favors from Comcast.

Sitting on hold now. $175 in transfer charges for moving into my new apartment.

I was told there would be no charges.

So f'in ridiculous. Comcast is fantastic.

View more comments (1)
Comcast Tv Service

Paid balance even then not cooperative to report back to all credit bereaus | Comcast review from Memphis, Tennessee

I have transferred to new state on the event of job change. But still i was paying to my old apartment in philadelphia city. That way i didnt return to my old apartment since 2 months. In the men time comcast started reporting to collection agency and that agency started sending me the warning letters. As i wasnt present at my old address. .i didnt knew anything about them. If they are really care about customers, they would have just given a me call on my mobile and informed of my unpaid balance. Alright i agree to that reporting to collection agency .. fine . Then i have paid all the unpaid balance. But even then they dont care to report back to collection agency. And even they arent cooperative to do that. I even asked them send me a letter stating that i have paid, but they asked me to go philadelphia branch address. But i am living in denver at that time. I called several timesand they were the same attitude and each one at customer service gives different answer to my question. Some say that "Dont worry it will be reported back", some say "you have to call collection gncy and inform them" but why collection agency will do that without any proof. ..so fed up with comcast .... now i have to [ay huge amounts of money towards all my new apartments leasing .. because of my poor credit score coming down due to comcast. They should have good policies about credit reporting activities fro customers perspective. i am not against that.. but things like CALLING the customer before doing that or ... in case of balance being paid .. they should report back fastly instead of years to get that done. Horrible ... experience. ..still experiencing that. I wish nobody else should face this. I hate such companies hesitating to report back on credit bereau even in case of balance being unpaid.
Loss
$2000

Comcast deposited my money in someone else's account

I paid my account through my bank online. My bank had the correct account number, but Comcast deposited the money in someone else's account. My bank faxed them the proof a month ago with the account number it was deposited into. They sat on it for 2 weeks until I got another cutoff notice. After searching everywhere, they found it. Promised me they would research it. Fast forward 2 more weeks and several phone calls later and still no satisfaction. I called last week and the supervisor was too afraid to get on the phone with me. They said they had no proof of payment even though the account had comments that stated it had been sent to research. To date, no one has ever called me back and now they say I owe over $500 because I told them I wouldn't pay anything until I get my $371 credited.

After moving, we suddenly had this mysterious negative balance with Comcast for undreds of dollars. It has been going on for 9 months!

Finally, after shutting me off, then giving me several different excuses, they credited me a couple lost payments to the tune of $240. Then after nine months of incorrect bills I finally have it worked out right? WRONG! they billed me for internet this month, but instead of having 240 - 45 = balance of 195...

my balance is now 129!?!?!?! Comcast is BY FAR the worst company I have ever had to deal with in my entire lifetime. I already switched my phone and got directTV, but I have to have broadband. As God as my witness the very day there is an alternative to Comcast for internet here I am cancelling them and throwing a party.

BTW, those comcast services that I mentioned cancelling, they continued to bill me on for months!

What a bunch of fargin' idiots! GGRRRRR!!!!!!

I had the exact thing happen to me,even after the bank faxed them a copy & confirmation number from my account I was once again shut off because even tho I was current according to them I was 58 days over due&there computer automatically does it...good luck,you're gonna need it,we disconnected completely&happily

View more comments (1)
Product
Comcast Account

Comcast Nightmare

We have been trying to transfer our Comcast service from our old address to our new home. We had an install appointment on Saturday, 8/16/08, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. They didn't come. We called and were told the technician would call us but to call back in 1 hr. if we weren't contacted. When we called back in an hr., we were directed to call back during regular business hours. Starting at 9 a.m. on Sunday, we called and were told our ticket had been escalated and to call back every hour until the technician arrived, which we did. (please keep in mind, we were also attempting to move) Everytime we called, we were put on terminal hold, transferred to dead lines, or someone's voicemail. We were told we had a 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. service appointment and to respect that appointment and quit calling but then told before hanging up to continue calling every hour. We were told they had attempted to come on Saturday but we were here. I was here all day Saturday. We were told they never came Saturday. We were told we already had service at the new address and did we want to cancel it. The call center is in Mexico City, several times they transferred us to a Houston, Tx call center but on other calls, we were told they could not transfer us. We were not allowed to speak to supervisors. We were told they were too busy or that they couldn't help us but would not speak to us. Once, the person I was speaking to put me on hold and came back and said he was the supervisor, that he had no supervisor, that he had no one who supervised his work or that he reported to and that he could not help us in anyway. Then I was told that we never had an installment appointment, as it was Sunday and that I should call back on Monday. We were told several times that someone would be calling us, no one ever did. Comcast charges for installation so we were paying to be abused. Finally, late Sunday night, a very nice man came and attempted to install service. Our internet is up (Thank God, as my husband's job requires he have home internet service at all times...he is on call) but our cable television is barely functional. We brought our old cable converter box to trade for a dvr/high def box. The installer didn't have the box we had ordered days previously. Instead of the channel package we had before/and were supposed to continue to have, we have part of basic cable. And we have yet another appointment to continue the install...on Tuesday. Does this mean the weekend's nightmare is unending? My suggestion to everyone is: if you have any other choice for internet/cable service, do NOT use Comcast.
Comcast Installation

Comcast: The Truth about Your Complaints

I used to work for Comcast for 4 years in the NE. Be advised their internal attitude toward consumers is "they can't touch us". Comcast management, especially the Roberts, know they have more money and lawyers than any customer. When they say they will work on an issue, it goes into a dead letter file. Their people are taught to confuse and obfuscate. They love it when someone threatens to sue because there is nothing you can do to them. Change service, don't use them, badmouth them whenever you can. It's all you can do. If you work for them, their HR Department is instructed to look for anything and everything they can place in an employee file which they can use later when firing. There is also no secret in the company that when there are public hearings Comcast hires people to sit in the audience and take the corporate line. This was recently a story in the Boston Globe when they were caught, and their legal department didn't even flinch. Remember, your complaints to Comcast go absolutely nowhere and they are not interested in doing anything to resolve them. The company mantra is "we can outlast and outspend anyone in any dispute". Be warned, and spread the word.

very unhappy with this company, when i first called them for service they were so helpful in getting me set up, they emailed me a contract i signed electronically on line, there technician hooked up my service a few days later, and the problems started there. the tech.

did a very sloppy job, left wires hanging everywhere, hooked up my cable box backwards, i had to get another tech. out to make wiring repairs, my contract stated that my total reoccuring monthly bill would be $72.85, and was under a 2 year agreement. my first monthly bill was $112.85. that took me an hour on the phone to straighten out.

then we are a commercial account and require our entire legal name on our statement or it effects business license with the state. comcast said that they couldnt fit our entire name on our statement, and would in no way type up a letter head stating our business relationship. my business license is being held up because of their lack of concern for their customers.

when i told them if i couldnt provide the needed documents to state i would be forced to use a different supplier, he immediately transfered me to the disconnect dept. hows that for customer apprrecation?

Being in the business world all my life with the last 20 as a senior executive, it amazes me how poorly run they are especially in customer service. If I treated my customers the way they treat me, I would have been fired.

Actually I would have fired myself!They are the worst in the country so, I will be leaving them and saving money each month. Get a life Comcast!

@BobMcinSC

LOL

They need to be shut down period. Their customer service is completely worthless.

Nothing but a bunch of liars. I will spend every waking moment of my life either until they fix everything or remove everything and set me back up with my old phone company.

By the way I have only been dealing with them for 2 weeks. Let everyone know not to ever deal with them again.

@Totally discusted new comcast

These are the most impossible, horrible people to deal with. Since 11/29/12 I have spoken to 11 people trying to fix my bill.

They say I owe them money for months I didn't have their service. Of all of these people only 1 has helped me and they refuse to let me speak to him. They refuse to transfer my calls to an English speaking person.I recently (3/21/13) spent an hour and a half trying to get my service reconnected. I had a payment schedule to pay one last payment or my service would be suspended.

Keep in mind all of this trouble began in their own billing department. I was told unless it was paid service would be off. I immediately came home from work on 3/21 to pay bill. I turned on the TV and, guess what, it was off.

To make a long story short 1 1/2 hours later they say I owe them $132.

I wish Comcast would lose there license so no one would have to deal with them. I hate this company :x

Incompetence is rampant in the customer service and technical service departments. We would NOT use them if we had a choice.

The technician who came to set up our telephone and cable service was unable to set up one of the cable connections (bad box) and he made no attempt to fix it. He also spent 2 hours in my home without a clue how to set up the phone system (note - the previous owner had used comcast and had a landline). Eventually my husband went to the crawl space and made the phone connection. The tech was dumbfounded.

We just spent 2 hours on the phone and computer with their customer service. The phone technician was late. They had assured me I would be compensated $20 if the tech was late. Instead, they want to charge me $15 to have someone come and connect the cable that was never accurately connected.

In our conversations we were transferred to 8 different people. The phone issue was resolved (after the initial Comcast representative had me switch a cable to the wrong port) and finally someone said they would send us a working box for our second television. 2 hours of my life I will NEVER get back. One person hung up, one person chose to be very rude, several people were absolutely clueless as to how to remedy the issue.

Comcast says customer service is first, but when I had the follow-up call - I could only comment on the last person (who resolved the issue) not the other 6 incompetent representatives. I do not believe they care about customer satisfaction. That is just lip service.

They know we have no choice. I only wish they had competition in our area.

comcast is *** up. They are the worst ***. dont use them.

what I have done and still am doing is, BAD MOUTH, NEGITVE CAMPAIGN. GET A BUNCH OF ADDRESSES TO HAVE THEIR COMCAST CANCELLED, OR BETTER YET DON'T PAY YOUR BILL, SAY HEY I DON'T TO PAY YOU FOR YOUR *** NONSERVICE, THEN THEY WILL SHUT IT OFF!

WELL IF EVERONE DID THAT FOR WEEKS AT A TIME, THEY WOULD BE JUST DISCONNECTING THEIR NONSERVICE ON A CONSTANT BASIS, CUTTING THEIR OWN THROATS, AS DESERVED. THEY REALLY BELIEV THEY HAVE US UNDER THIER THUMB, GUESS AGAIN, CAUSE COMCAST, YOU SUCK, YOU ARE A BOTTOM FEEDED,THEY WILL BE PULLLING THEIR OWN PLUG!!!THEIR PLUG... IT'S EASY, TO TLL COMCAST GO AHEAD SHUT IF OFF, I DON'T CARE. AND IETHER DOES ANYONE ELSE I KNOW.

i'M CIRCULATING THESE COMPLAINTS AROUND TOWN TO THE COMCAST OFFICES, SO ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE WILL PARTICIPATE. SEE IF THEY RECOGNIZE THEIR OWN METHOD OF TEACHING.

BOYCOY COMCAST!! THEMORE PEOPLE WHO SIMPLE SUT THEM OFF THE BETTEROUR CUSTOMERS DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU EITHER AND WE WILL NO LONGER HAVE YOU AS A NONSERVICE NONPROVDER.

SO BYE BYE, WIIL YOU MISS ALL YOUR MILLIONS OF CUSTOMERS?? OH WELL MAYBE THEN YOU WILL REMEMBER THAT ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS EQUAL ALL YOUR DOLLARS...

SAY BY BY TO YOUR MONEY. MAN ARE CORPERATIONS ***.

FILE A FRAUD COMPLAINT THEY ARE NOT LARGER AND DO NOT HAVE AS MANY LAWYERS OR RESOURCES AS THE GOVERNMENT.

View more comments (9)