Comcast's Hidden Charges!

We have been customers with Comcast for several years. We have only stayed with them despite poor quality and rising cost with decreasing product out of the inconvience of changing our 3 services (TV, Phone & Internet) with them. That has changed now! We are done with Comcast. We have had problems with them almost from the beginning. Tech was called due to poor phone service. Thought we had "illegal" cable due to wiring done by his own company! We were told there was "too much noise coming from the street" and he made adjustments. Service better for a while then back to worst! Continued to call Comcast several times over the years for poor phone, internet and cable TV service. It would get better then back to worst. Recently, fed up again, I called Comcast. Tech came out and replaced modem. Got bill for $30.00 Trip Charge! Called Comcast and was told "it's up to tech if you get charged, what!" Claimed I was told previously there would be a charge which is a blatent lie. With all the problems we have been having, if we were told we would be charged I would have said "don't bother coming out, we will be changing our company." Tech claimed he did inside wiring repairs and I told them no he did not we were home and did not see him do any such thing!" I was told well the tech "said he did" so that charge stays! I told them that I suspect fraud and will contact the State Attorney's office and my lawyer because I refuse to pay for something I did not receive! We will be cancelling our service with Comcast ASAP! We are not lying about this. I am so glad we will not have to deal with this company's poor service from now on! Jacksonville, FL

I am now done with ComCast. The install charge was never mentioned and it was very high cost.

I thought I had done a good comparison shopping but I was wrong.

Customer Service should review all the costs with a new customer -- they shoudl not expect a new customer to ask them... I think the Reps are afraid they will lose the new customer if they mention the set up charges.

They lost my business for good.

comcast is a very deceitful company. they manipulate people and they can't explain the charges that they put in their customers bill.

i hate the company. i think they should close if they dont change thier system. i know that it's a business and they should get profit but come on! be fair.

they should not steal from innocent people's pockets!

i suggest get out now. change your service provider.

#419606

I've had comcast had my mew apartment since November and just receiving a bill last week. They cut it off this morning.

I open it and they say I owe $486.23. How did that even happen???

When I call no one can tell me where it came from but insist I pay it to restore service. Ha

services of all big companies in general has gone down. wat i dont get is when people have someone come out and do work they expect it to be free/// WTF...

honestly if its a charge you dont agree with ask for a sup if you get a bad apple. its not like every single rep on the phone is out to get you or in a bad mood. thats just assinine to think this way.

but this is the thought process of the typical american sheep. pathetic

Comcast's quality of service has been decreasing for sometime now but the cost continues to go up. Everyone I know that has Comcast has NOT been happy with it.

Get out now and save yourself the headache.

I wouldn't have paid either. If they will give up a customer they've had for a lousey $30.00, take your business elsewhere.

View more comments (4)
Jacksonville, Florida
Comcast Internet Service

Email address passsword

everytime i tried to do something on here it asked me for my email address and password. i tried to put lataushaforrest@***.com and password and a screen pops up and sayes that email and password are wrong it is hard for me to do anything with out it. i dont know if i am doing it wrong or what i need help.i want to be able to get on line to chat and play games for a audlt and kids once i get that everything might be alright i dont have nothing else to say i hope that this can help me with my problem

Usually contacting the provider is a good idea. if you have an issue call them they will have your email address and password ready for you. it is your comcast email it is asking for

maybe they want your comcast.net email address

Indianapolis, Indiana
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast killed my mother

it all began when i decided to give comcast phone service another try. well, my fears were finally realized on the afternoon of june 24 2009 there was a power outage. my monther suffered a heart attack about a half hour after the service was out. i went to get the phone to call 911 and low and behold no phone service either. i had to knock on doors of neighors houses to call for help. because of the delay that was caused by the *** *** service my mother would probably still be alive tonight. burn in *** bastards.

My sympathies for your loss, and with respect, I have a theory I'd like to share. While I'm certainly no cheerleader for comcast the battery backup should have lasted.

If you have a cordless phone what might have happened is because the power was out, your cordless phone base wasn't on/functioning.

Yes the handset would turn on, but you wouldn't get a dial tone because the base wasn't getting any power. I've found if I need to make a call during a power outage, just plug in an old school corded phone into the outlet and I can make calls until the battery backup dies.

The only way that she could not have made the call to 911 on her CDV is if a back up battery was not install in the unit. The battery last about 2 hours until power is restored whice would have gave you 1 1/2 hours left on the battery at the time of the heart attach.

#62021

To blame comcast is nothing more than mis-placed anger.

Comcast states that in case of power outage the phone may not work.

Even if you were able to make a call within 30 seconds of your mother's heart attack, a small traffic jam could of accounted for the same delay for the ambulance. Would you sue those involved in the traffic jam?

I am sorry about the loss of your mother. Because of Comcast I lost my home when I was unemployed.

I did not access to email or the internet even though I was paying for it.

Again, my condolences. I suggest a cut throat attorney and sue the %$*@ out of them.

Mount Prospect, Illinois

Service Sucks

Comcast service sucks plain and simple. and when you call to complain about channels freezing, or going black, or going on and off, they try to blame you the customer first. Then they blame the position of the sun. And of course it is never their fault. We are soon going to switch to Direct TV or Dish Network, one of the two. We have had our fill of Comcast and it's lame excuses. And I am sure we are not the only people here in Peoria to be sick of Comcast. We need new people in here with good service.

I call Comcast more than I call my Mother, however not for the same reason. Since installing the bundle, which took over three weeks for their idiots to do, I have had over 100 service outages.

I pay $175 for the right to be abused by this outfit that has a strangle hold on the cable scene.

In the last six days one or all of the three has gone out at least 15 times.

All I get from them is "We're very sorry that you have this problem. Don't forget to pay your bill on time."

Peoria, Illinois

They lie and have *** customer service

Comcast offers new clients half the price specials , than if you are a good customer. They said you have to disconnect for 0 days then said 30 days then said 90 days. And have to have a reconnect fee, and pay for a box I never received. They remind me of Bellsouth Yellow pages. No morals, No customer service. They don't care if you are happy or not. They are rude and lie. I can just imagine how a meeting of comcast employees goes."Screw them all , anyway you can and you will get a bonus", is all I can honestly imagine they say.
Stone Mountain, Georgia

Worst Service

I always thought that Comcast provided good service (of course limited by their technology) but now they like to jump to the new Digital service and using their primitive and obsolete equipment, Commercial TV will say if you have cable you are ready (WHAT?????) Comcast provided us with the digital converter boxes wish has to installed also in the HD TV's well wit this new "AMAISING" box I can't see channels that I was seen prior to the box do you think that is it? of course as a good customer I called costumer service guess what? the person in the phone recommend me to pay a protection plan to avoid paying more $ every time the technician has to came to fix problems with the "NEW BOX".
San Francisco, California

COMCAST inconsitent billing

I would like to know whether anyone else has experienced billing problems with Comcast. We have been a customer for a long time. When we got the Triple Play for about $115, they keep changing the price, making it higher, no matter what we do. Then, they change it to 'fix it' and it always ends up a higher rate in a couple months. We have conversations on the phone with them for 30 min. to one hour, multiple times. They always readjust it, just to have it change in a couple months (not six). Has anyone else had this problem? They keep saying it will be one way, but change it. Add money onto the bill, change the rates, etc. Have you had this happen? How do you get a reasonable rate from this company?

I signed up for automated payments. They would bill me one amount and then deduct a higher amount every month.

an amount higher than my statement. The only way to stop was to cancel the automated payment. My bill should have been $62.24. They billed me for $358.97.

When I called in to complain they told me I owed $7 more than this. They can't get it right.

I am having all the same problems as everyone else. When you call you get different answere there billing department stinks and now they have new billing statments and my gosh its even more confusing.

How can I complain and get some answers?

Im going to switch to Verizon but I here they are not much better. We need more choices.

I agree - the customer assistants DO NOT give out the same information. I was told to contact the Public Service Commission for phone and cable - the problem is that each part of the bill is regulated by someone else (phone, internet, cable). Internet: Attorney General.

I also have had continual problems with Comcast and thier billing. I also have triple play and for whatever reason my bill always runs anywhere from $145 to $156.00 there is never any consistency. When I call comcast to complain, like you they also adjust my bill or credit me, but it never changes. To add insult to injury have you found that they try to charge you a month ahead of time!? Arrrggghhh....

I have called Pennsylvania Utility Commission on them and unfortunately, they are not regulated by PUC -- so basically they are a monopoly and we are screwed. I am on the phone arguing with Comcast every other month, no lie. It also seems as though there are not any set procedures with this company, none of the representatives are consistent with the information they give out. You can call two or three times and there is no consistency as if they make up as they go along.

Did I say I hate COMCAST!? I am giving serious consideration to Verizon FIOS, phone and internet service, but I also heard they were really no better....

Is there anyone who is interested in contacting our state (PA) legislators to see if we can have them regulated by PUC?

Did I SAY I HATE COMCAST??

Berkley, Michigan

Comcast Rip-off Artist

They hoodwinked me into a an $800.00 bill. after the equipment sat on my floor for 3 weeks because they couldnt drill holes in my walls. The sales rep came to my apartments and told me that it could be done only to find out after 5 technicians that it couldn't. I refused to pay for service I didnt use only to be lied to again that my service would be terminated when it was infact only suspended so they could continue to charge me for services once again not being used. They profit from misinformation and lies.
Katy, Texas

MLB Extra Innings quality of picture

the MLB Extra Innings package is apparently not available in HD thru Comcast (it is with direct TV and other). All other channels are clear but we had to cancel Extra Innings as the quality of the picture was terrible on HD tv and Comcast staff had no idea how to resolve. I find it hard to believe all COmcast customers with HD tv's put up with poor quality picture. A Comcast tech witnessed the excellent picture quality of other programs and poor MLB quality. Direct TV offers many games in HD but Comcast none even though many are listed as being HD.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Comcast Tv Package

*** Comcast

I am IRATE right now! For as much as I pay this *** company, I would think that I could get EXACTLY what it says I get!!!! The *** lady on the On Demand says and I quote" The SAME DAY that a DVD is RELEASED ~ IT is available to ME on MY ON DEMAND." Please, tell me if this is a FACT and not FALSE ADVERTISMENT.... Then why the *** am i not able on May 12th to watch the movie Underworld Rise of the Lichens????? Its out on DVD today and i can GO and BUY the movie!!!!!!!!! But i can not watch it on my On Demand like IT SAYS I CAN!!!!!!! I am highly pissed off I pay an arm and a leg so that my family can watch whatever the *** they want to But BUT WHEN I WANT TO WATCH SOMETHING I CAN NOT BECAUSE COMCAST LIES!!!! And why the *** can they not send me a pamphlet containing information on packages that they offer!!! In stead i have to listen to some *** *** tell me why she can not MAIL me IT!!! I have a THREE HUNDRED DOLLAR BILL!!!! I get to watch T.V. 3 hours a WEEK!! That is $100.00 PER FRICKEN HOUR!!! What do you think about that?

I hate comcast they are a rip off I have been going back and forth with them for a whole week. They raised my monthly charges didnt inform me of this then lost a payment.

I paid them now they cant find it. Fios is looking better and better each day.

It's obvious to me that if you only watch 3 hours of tv a week that you must have a life. A very busy one.

The fact is they do profit from false advertisement, misleading terms, and misinformation.

They have maybe one good employee out of 5 and as many as there are, those numbers are not promising. Yet there will always be some *** who thinks ripping people off is okay.

Guess what! You are still making the monthly payments aren't you?

Whine, whine. So what its not on the same day. Do you not have a life? Get a grip, read your kids a book or play a board game.

Push back from the tv(sort of speak) ***, get some business about yourself other than tv, comcast and video on demand.

What an example for your kids. Oh by the way...Thanks for adding to my stocks,lol.

View more comments (2)
Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania
Comcast Tv Service

Sorry Customer Service...They should be fired!!!

I have never gotten so many RUDE people on the phone in my life. Comcast has THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS. Why don't you guys fire some of those b****y people and hire good hard workers. You call to get help and all you get is an attitude on the other end. Then when you ask to be transferred to someone else (hoping you get someone better) they hang up on you. Really *** service. I think someone should do something about this. Find out if there is a way to make Comcast really rethink whom they hire for that kind of position. WORST SERVICE EVER!!!
Stone Mountain, Georgia

Concast sucks

what they tell u over the phone and when u come to the store it is a different story they make u wait for service they do not knkow what one or the other is doing they are nasty people and rude and the make things more diffult than need to be you to get people that know what they are dooing and have some common sense and talk to peple better and nicer and i should have to write a houndred words just to complian get a life move on make this a better palce or jsut go to *** you guys suck and need a better plan than this
Fort Pierce, Florida

Comcast did a bait and switch do not trust them

they promised a "forever" rate to us as long as we didn't move-so we agreed after they called us and interrupted our dinner for this. they said it would be 14.99 total a month and it's now $42.80 at the 6 month mark and to be raised to $65+ in another 6 months at the 1 year mark. then they said it was only going to be for 3 years after hours on the phone with them. then they reduced it to 6 months and we are cancelling because the liars at this awful company cannot keep its word. i hope they go under or get bought out by another better company.

Oh boy, Luci. You don't have to sit around for days, waiting for them to review anything.

Write to them and mail it CRR, tell them that you want a copy of the recording and that they have 10 tens to provide it or the matter is over. You than tell them what you are going to pay and the matter goes away. People, there are laws in place to care for us as customers. Find them and use them, that is what there for.

BBB, FCC, EEOC, NACCP, COC, Pen & Paper. The world is fine, the people in it, are out of control.

They did the same thing to me, I called and they will look in to that phone conversation that we all know is recorded. I will have the answer in 5 days and let you guys know how it went.

Atlantic City, New Jersey

Lack of customer service

It amazes me that Comcast has no regard for customer satisfaction. My cable Tv service has been out, so I made a service appointment and of course no one would come out for 24 hrs. I informed them that I troubleshot the issue, as an engineer, and the issue was outside with no signal entering the house. I told them I would not be home to wait for them, but worked only 1 mile away. They showed up at the house, but didn't check out the complaint because no one was home and didn't bother leave a note or place a phone call. After placing another call to their center, I receive a person who refused to allow me to speak with a supervisor or a manager. After placing an additional call back, I was told they would not send someone out unless someone was home regardless of were the issue was. How does a company expect people to take unpaid time off from work for their lack of service. They certainly have no issue raising prices without added benefit or notice. The state legislature needs to bring back competition to keep monopolies like Comcast in check.

HAHAHAHAHA! of course you need to be at home, so the technician will be able to check if he has fixed the cable service...

:p what were you thingking??

if you are not available on weekdays, you should have requested for another day where you are off form work...dumb-dumb... engineer huh?

If you are an engineer that is great. If you are so savvy in cable issues, why don't you fix it yourself?

Yes the tech will need you to be home smarty. For instance, if the tech comes to your home and sees something wrong outside and fixes it, how is the tech going to know that all is well inside if you are not there to let him know. Wouldnt that cause another tech to have to come out if you get home and its still not working? Which will cause the company even more money.

Duh!

You have to be home do-do head!! LOL.(but youre an engineer..of what..stupidity?)

Question??? why are u taking time off from work for a cable issue? That is plain ridiculous!!

I had an appt yesterday between 11:00 - 2:00, took the afternoon off of work to wait for them and they never showed, never called, nothing.... When I called to find out what was going on at 3:00 - I was told they were on the way - which was a lie.

Cable is still out and I cannot take another day off of work to wait for them. I think I'm going to try AT&T Uverse.

Boston, Massachusetts

Comcast Steals Money

Comcast mistakenly overcharged me last month $321 and direct debited the money from my bank account. Now they will only offer a credit to my Comcast account rather than crediting my bank account the money that is rightfully mine. It will take me over six months of service with them to go through that kind of a credit!!! Also found out that they mistakenly took my modem when they "upgraded" mine that I currently owned and now it is listed as "stolen" in their system! Found all this out after a 51 minute phone call! Was on hold for 40 minutes waiting for a supervisor who could do nothing to help me.

They charge you a month bill before service and upon terminating your service they tell you will be credited. But they never did and every attempt to call and talk to them has been a waste of time!!

I call that robbery!! I think there needs to be an investigation - COMCAST STEALS!!!!!!!!!!!

Please contact consumer affairs and the authorities. And call back everyday until they give you, your cash back.

Boca Raton, Florida