Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast deposited my money in someone else's account

I paid my account through my bank online. My bank had the correct account number, but Comcast deposited the money in someone else's account. My bank faxed them the proof a month ago with the account number it was deposited into. They sat on it for 2 weeks until I got another cutoff notice. After searching everywhere, they found it. Promised me they would research it. Fast forward 2 more weeks and several phone calls later and still no satisfaction. I called last week and the supervisor was too afraid to get on the phone with me. They said they had no proof of payment even though the account had comments that stated it had been sent to research. To date, no one has ever called me back and now they say I owe over $500 because I told them I wouldn't pay anything until I get my $371 credited.

After moving, we suddenly had this mysterious negative balance with Comcast for undreds of dollars. It has been going on for 9 months!

Finally, after shutting me off, then giving me several different excuses, they credited me a couple lost payments to the tune of $240. Then after nine months of incorrect bills I finally have it worked out right? WRONG! they billed me for internet this month, but instead of having 240 - 45 = balance of 195...

my balance is now 129!?!?!?! Comcast is BY FAR the worst company I have ever had to deal with in my entire lifetime. I already switched my phone and got directTV, but I have to have broadband. As God as my witness the very day there is an alternative to Comcast for internet here I am cancelling them and throwing a party.

BTW, those comcast services that I mentioned cancelling, they continued to bill me on for months!

What a bunch of fargin' idiots! GGRRRRR!!!!!!

I had the exact thing happen to me,even after the bank faxed them a copy & confirmation number from my account I was once again shut off because even tho I was current according to them I was 58 days over due&there computer automatically does it...good luck,you're gonna need it,we disconnected completely&happily

View more comments (1)
Product
Comcast Account

Comcast Nightmare

We have been trying to transfer our Comcast service from our old address to our new home. We had an install appointment on Saturday, 8/16/08, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. They didn't come. We called and were told the technician would call us but to call back in 1 hr. if we weren't contacted. When we called back in an hr., we were directed to call back during regular business hours. Starting at 9 a.m. on Sunday, we called and were told our ticket had been escalated and to call back every hour until the technician arrived, which we did. (please keep in mind, we were also attempting to move) Everytime we called, we were put on terminal hold, transferred to dead lines, or someone's voicemail. We were told we had a 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. service appointment and to respect that appointment and quit calling but then told before hanging up to continue calling every hour. We were told they had attempted to come on Saturday but we were here. I was here all day Saturday. We were told they never came Saturday. We were told we already had service at the new address and did we want to cancel it. The call center is in Mexico City, several times they transferred us to a Houston, Tx call center but on other calls, we were told they could not transfer us. We were not allowed to speak to supervisors. We were told they were too busy or that they couldn't help us but would not speak to us. Once, the person I was speaking to put me on hold and came back and said he was the supervisor, that he had no supervisor, that he had no one who supervised his work or that he reported to and that he could not help us in anyway. Then I was told that we never had an installment appointment, as it was Sunday and that I should call back on Monday. We were told several times that someone would be calling us, no one ever did. Comcast charges for installation so we were paying to be abused. Finally, late Sunday night, a very nice man came and attempted to install service. Our internet is up (Thank God, as my husband's job requires he have home internet service at all times...he is on call) but our cable television is barely functional. We brought our old cable converter box to trade for a dvr/high def box. The installer didn't have the box we had ordered days previously. Instead of the channel package we had before/and were supposed to continue to have, we have part of basic cable. And we have yet another appointment to continue the install...on Tuesday. Does this mean the weekend's nightmare is unending? My suggestion to everyone is: if you have any other choice for internet/cable service, do NOT use Comcast.

Comcast: The Truth about Your Complaints

I used to work for Comcast for 4 years in the NE. Be advised their internal attitude toward consumers is "they can't touch us". Comcast management, especially the Roberts, know they have more money and lawyers than any customer. When they say they will work on an issue, it goes into a dead letter file. Their people are taught to confuse and obfuscate. They love it when someone threatens to sue because there is nothing you can do to them. Change service, don't use them, badmouth them whenever you can. It's all you can do. If you work for them, their HR Department is instructed to look for anything and everything they can place in an employee file which they can use later when firing. There is also no secret in the company that when there are public hearings Comcast hires people to sit in the audience and take the corporate line. This was recently a story in the Boston Globe when they were caught, and their legal department didn't even flinch. Remember, your complaints to Comcast go absolutely nowhere and they are not interested in doing anything to resolve them. The company mantra is "we can outlast and outspend anyone in any dispute". Be warned, and spread the word.

very unhappy with this company, when i first called them for service they were so helpful in getting me set up, they emailed me a contract i signed electronically on line, there technician hooked up my service a few days later, and the problems started there. the tech.

did a very sloppy job, left wires hanging everywhere, hooked up my cable box backwards, i had to get another tech. out to make wiring repairs, my contract stated that my total reoccuring monthly bill would be $72.85, and was under a 2 year agreement. my first monthly bill was $112.85. that took me an hour on the phone to straighten out.

then we are a commercial account and require our entire legal name on our statement or it effects business license with the state. comcast said that they couldnt fit our entire name on our statement, and would in no way type up a letter head stating our business relationship. my business license is being held up because of their lack of concern for their customers.

when i told them if i couldnt provide the needed documents to state i would be forced to use a different supplier, he immediately transfered me to the disconnect dept. hows that for customer apprrecation?

Being in the business world all my life with the last 20 as a senior executive, it amazes me how poorly run they are especially in customer service. If I treated my customers the way they treat me, I would have been fired.

Actually I would have fired myself!They are the worst in the country so, I will be leaving them and saving money each month. Get a life Comcast!

@BobMcinSC

LOL

They need to be shut down period. Their customer service is completely worthless.

Nothing but a bunch of liars. I will spend every waking moment of my life either until they fix everything or remove everything and set me back up with my old phone company.

By the way I have only been dealing with them for 2 weeks. Let everyone know not to ever deal with them again.

@Totally discusted new comcast

These are the most impossible, horrible people to deal with. Since 11/29/12 I have spoken to 11 people trying to fix my bill.

They say I owe them money for months I didn't have their service. Of all of these people only 1 has helped me and they refuse to let me speak to him. They refuse to transfer my calls to an English speaking person.I recently (3/21/13) spent an hour and a half trying to get my service reconnected. I had a payment schedule to pay one last payment or my service would be suspended.

Keep in mind all of this trouble began in their own billing department. I was told unless it was paid service would be off. I immediately came home from work on 3/21 to pay bill. I turned on the TV and, guess what, it was off.

To make a long story short 1 1/2 hours later they say I owe them $132.

I wish Comcast would lose there license so no one would have to deal with them. I hate this company :x

Incompetence is rampant in the customer service and technical service departments. We would NOT use them if we had a choice.

The technician who came to set up our telephone and cable service was unable to set up one of the cable connections (bad box) and he made no attempt to fix it. He also spent 2 hours in my home without a clue how to set up the phone system (note - the previous owner had used comcast and had a landline). Eventually my husband went to the crawl space and made the phone connection. The tech was dumbfounded.

We just spent 2 hours on the phone and computer with their customer service. The phone technician was late. They had assured me I would be compensated $20 if the tech was late. Instead, they want to charge me $15 to have someone come and connect the cable that was never accurately connected.

In our conversations we were transferred to 8 different people. The phone issue was resolved (after the initial Comcast representative had me switch a cable to the wrong port) and finally someone said they would send us a working box for our second television. 2 hours of my life I will NEVER get back. One person hung up, one person chose to be very rude, several people were absolutely clueless as to how to remedy the issue.

Comcast says customer service is first, but when I had the follow-up call - I could only comment on the last person (who resolved the issue) not the other 6 incompetent representatives. I do not believe they care about customer satisfaction. That is just lip service.

They know we have no choice. I only wish they had competition in our area.

comcast is *** up. They are the worst ***. dont use them.

what I have done and still am doing is, BAD MOUTH, NEGITVE CAMPAIGN. GET A BUNCH OF ADDRESSES TO HAVE THEIR COMCAST CANCELLED, OR BETTER YET DON'T PAY YOUR BILL, SAY HEY I DON'T TO PAY YOU FOR YOUR *** NONSERVICE, THEN THEY WILL SHUT IT OFF!

WELL IF EVERONE DID THAT FOR WEEKS AT A TIME, THEY WOULD BE JUST DISCONNECTING THEIR NONSERVICE ON A CONSTANT BASIS, CUTTING THEIR OWN THROATS, AS DESERVED. THEY REALLY BELIEV THEY HAVE US UNDER THIER THUMB, GUESS AGAIN, CAUSE COMCAST, YOU SUCK, YOU ARE A BOTTOM FEEDED,THEY WILL BE PULLLING THEIR OWN PLUG!!!THEIR PLUG... IT'S EASY, TO TLL COMCAST GO AHEAD SHUT IF OFF, I DON'T CARE. AND IETHER DOES ANYONE ELSE I KNOW.

i'M CIRCULATING THESE COMPLAINTS AROUND TOWN TO THE COMCAST OFFICES, SO ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE WILL PARTICIPATE. SEE IF THEY RECOGNIZE THEIR OWN METHOD OF TEACHING.

BOYCOY COMCAST!! THEMORE PEOPLE WHO SIMPLE SUT THEM OFF THE BETTEROUR CUSTOMERS DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU EITHER AND WE WILL NO LONGER HAVE YOU AS A NONSERVICE NONPROVDER.

SO BYE BYE, WIIL YOU MISS ALL YOUR MILLIONS OF CUSTOMERS?? OH WELL MAYBE THEN YOU WILL REMEMBER THAT ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS EQUAL ALL YOUR DOLLARS...

SAY BY BY TO YOUR MONEY. MAN ARE CORPERATIONS ***.

FILE A FRAUD COMPLAINT THEY ARE NOT LARGER AND DO NOT HAVE AS MANY LAWYERS OR RESOURCES AS THE GOVERNMENT.

View more comments (9)

Comcast didn't show after 14 hour wait

Called Comcast on Monday (11 August) they said someone would be out Wednesday (13 Aug) after 3pm, but I could keep calling Tuesday to see if I could pick up a cancellation. After repeated calls Tuesday, I was finally told that I had a "MUST COMPLETE" ticket and they would show up sometime between 8a and 8p on Wed; they wouldn't give me a time. Took the day off and started calling them at 6:15p to find out when they were coming..........kept getting the "MUST COMPLETE" story. I called every 15 minutes until 9:30p and was told I would have to call back Thursday morning and reschedule my appointment. Called Thursday at 6:30a and got an appointment between 2p and 4p. At 1p, someone called and asked if I still needed someone to come out. They showed at 3p and finally the cable that was cut coming across the neighbor's yard. The call center was RUDE and CLUELESS and I was without cable, internet and phone for 3 days. They didn't even apologize for the delays. Unfortunately I am out a day of wages and even if they refunded the 3 days of service I would never see it because it is paid for by the Homeowners Association. Contract is up for renewal next year and I am going to vote not to renew! Call center repeatedly refused to let me speak with a supervisor.
Loss

Comcast, bad service, liars! long hold times! Comcast = *** Artists!

I hope comcast is reading this!!! So i set up service in june. since that day i have had bad service! the tech did not install my modem, instead he was texting his "G mama baby mama mam thing whatever". after that the internet worked for a few (3) days. after that i had 4mb service. i did sign up for 16mb high speed for only $90 bucks. i called about it and they gave me my 16mb back. also i do server level upload and download from home. well that lasted for 2 weeks. then i noticed that my ip address does not resolve to my modem. a tech came out at 5 pm, i had comcast schedule the tech to out there at 6p. i was coming home when i found that the tech came out eariler and that he cannot wait for me to get on site. i told him what need to be done. the ignorant SOB told me that he doesnt know how to log on to my home computer. i ask if he has a tech's (company's) laptop. the answer is NO. so i told him that OK go keep yourself busy be checking the line inside the home, his response... i dont know where the modem is. i told him where is was. he didnt test it. i told him, ok go to the outside box and test the line there. well that was the end of that. well there went about a month and a half of 45+ min hold times 3 times a week. oh and the sad thing is that a few times i got voice mail. that just pissed me off! finally i get a hold of some one friday 8/8/08 i immediately ask for a manager or floor supervisor, 30min wait. he assured me that he would have a technician out on tuesday 8/12/08 despite my unwillingness to pay for very bad and unfair service and he gave me a $20 bonus credit. well tuesday rolls along, at work around 10am i get a call to see if i wanted the tech to come out earlier, i said no because i was at work(1 hr commute to home) the appointment was for 1p-4p. i went home at noon to be there at 1, which i was. i wait and wait, i get a "courtesy" call at three that the tech cannot come out because of the bill issue. i explain the situation to them, basically they want me to pay 225$ for a service im not getting and they denied that i was holding for 45min at a time because they "monitor" the calls. and customer service hung up on me too! today i am going to call someone over there that is above a floor supervisor! i have be wronged as a subscriber. i am done with comcast!!! at&t here i come!!! now i know how this person feels: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/17/AR2007101702359.html I hope comcast is reading this!!!

I would say screw comcast because they are ***! PLUS THEY *** LIE TO YOU!

Loss

Comcast is not willing to fix my problem

I'm a comcast client for almost 7 years, my service is not working. For the first time I requested phone service with comcast and my phone, internet and cable is not working. Comcast technitians have missed three appointments and customer service states is nothing they can do. I have a bill of almost 3 hundred dollars for a service that I'm not receiving, I'm running out of options. One of the technitian told my husband that the amps are not strong enough, I should I fix this problem? I'm having a contractor review the lines that comast is not willing to check... I need help.
Loss

If you know what's good for you, don't go with Comcast!!

They are a rip off! I signed up for it online because of a promotion they were running and when I got the invoice for the installation I called them because they charged me for basic cable that the apartments that I live in pay for. After waiting on hold for 30 minutes and being transferred two times I finally get to talk to someone who can't even speak English clearing. What the ***? After explaining my situation to that *** 4 times, she finally told me that since the owner of the apartments pays for basic cable I don't qualify for the promotion. Of course not. They want to rip off you as much as you'll let them. I got so frustrated I yelled at her to get me a supervisor. After talking to the supervisor, my bill went up from 49.99 to 65.00 a month. What a deal, right? She told me to call back when I got my first bill in the mail so they could fix it because it was going to be more than what I really owed so I did. The *** that I talked to told me that he fixed it and assured me that my bill was going to be around 65.00 a month. The next day I'm flipping through some channel and come across some channels that I no longer get. OMG! So, I called yet again to talk to another one of the idiots and trust me he was. He told me that my apartments doesn't pay for basic cable and that if I want the channels I once had it would cost 75.00 a month. Again, jack up the price. Did I mention that I don't get any kind of movie channels? None. This is just for the basic stuff. I've had it. My boyfriends mom is one the the leasing ladies at the apartments so he called her and told her what was going on. She called those *** and they told her that since I had the online promotion I can't get the free cable that my apartments pay for. I don't have that promotion!!!! So, now I have to call these *** again. I'm going to cancel this *** and go to dish. Do not get Comcast! You will regret it!

:? Iam just having the best word to describe.

This site is fraud!! I advised few hundreds of my friends in there to get the *** out!! Incoming mails are all auto set. I don't believe that a standard member can only send a "wink" back but not reply.

My credit cards are mine, don't demand for that. This is a total *** site!!!

COMCAST HAS STOOD ME UP THREE TIMES SO FAR

As a new resident to Houston, I made an appointment for a Cable installation for Thursday, July 31st between 5-8 PM. The service reps contacted me to confirm my appointment the day before. Around 7:30 PM that evening, another agent called me to inform me that my technician was on the way. By 8:30 PM, no one had arrived. I called customer service again, and the agent said he should be expected to come around 9:00 PM because the technician was backed up. The technician never showed up, and I never received a courtesy call to at least notify me not to wait anymore. I called Comcast the next day to reschedule. I was unhappy that I could not be rescheduled for August 1 on the account that I had been stood up the day before with no notice. Both an agent and her manager confirmed my new appointment for Saturday, August 2 between 5-8 PM. I called a Comcast agent on Saturday at 5:30 PM to confirm that my appointment was still on, and this agent also confirmed. By 8:30, the technician did not show up once again. I called to find out what happened, and this agent informed me that my appointment had apparently been rescheduled to August 11th from 2-5 PM by the last agent I spoke with. I did not make any changes to my account, and no one even bothered to contact me and let me know they decided to change it hemselves. I would never even schedule a 2-5 PM appointment as I work in the daytime. The manager I spoke with on Saturday evening rescheduled my third appointment for Sunday, August 10th but graciously tried to see if an emergency tech might be able to come yesterday. The tech could not make it yesterday, and apparently there's no way for me to be scheduled any sooner. I recognize that the situation is out of his hands, but it is absolutely ridiculous that I will have to wait three weeks for someone to finally show up to an appointment they are committed to. I made my first appointment in a timely manner and paid for it in full in advance. I suppose I have no choice but to settle and wait another week until my next apppointment. Hopefully someone will actually honor their commitment and show up this time.

I wish there was another cable company I could go to.

This is my third appointment that I've been stood up on.

Comcast is the worst cable company in the world.

I cant take this anymore, I'm going to see if RCN service my area.

Comcast Installation

Comcast messed up my DirectTV Connection!

One of the tenants in my building has Comcast and every now and then they would need a technician to come by and fix whatever was wrong with their cable connection. I currently subscribe to a few specific channels that are offered from an independent company working with Direct TV (kinda shady I know, but it’s legit). Sometime around March 2008, a Comcast technician came by to our building to fix my tenant’s cable and in doing so messed up my satellite connection. I had to get someone from the independent company to come by and repair whatever was wrong and got charged $35. I called Comcast because I wanted to be reimbursed for this. I called and got in touch with a customer rep. and I explained my situation to them. The rep didn’t really seem sure of what to do but he gave me a ticket/reference # so I could call again another day to check the status of this ticket. A few days later I called and gave a customer rep my ticket number. The rep told me that the number did not exist and I had to re-explain everything to them again. I was put on hold several times for a total of 1 ½ hours! The rep told me the reason for these long holds was because she had difficultly putting in this order because I did not have a Comcast account. She told me that I should call Direct TV instead to get a reimbursement but I told her that I couldn’t do that because I get the specific channels from an independent company that works with DirectTV. I also added that I wouldn’t be here in the 1st place had the Comcast technician not mess up my satellite connection. The rep said there was nothing she could do and I asked to speak with a supervisor and she put me on hold for another 15min. A supervisor came on and I had to re-explain everything and all he said was that I could call the legal disputes department. It was really late at night so I asked for that department’s # so I could call the next morning. The supervisor said that they cannot give that number out and the only way to get a hold of that department was to call customer service and asked to be transferred to that department. Of course I’d have to re-explain everything and have them try to convince me that it wasn’t Comcast’s fault. I decided not to call because I was just too tired with this awful mess. Today, August 12, 2008, someone from Comcast called me and said that they wanted to reimburse me. They said they would credit my account and I told them that I did not have an account with them at all. I told the man, “The reason why I don’t have Comcast is because of all the issues I’ve had with them”. He assumed that I used to have Comcast and switched over to another provider and I just didn’t bother to correct him. He said that he would have their insurance company call me about a reimbursement. Like that is ever going to happen.
Comcast Tv Service

Comcast sucks!

I've had a terrible experience with trying to get Comcast wireless internet and phone set up in my home. Two service appts (both with the tech arriving late). One service appt on the wrong day (I was at work). Numerous hour+ phone calls trying to get the system to work. Sometimes they couldn't find my account -- had to transfer me to the billing department where (surprise, surprise) they found me with no problem! Finally, in total frustration, I canceled the internet service altogether. Now I'm waiting for the bill to see if they actually take that portion off. I don't know if there's a government agency that regulates them, but I'm guessing no -- because they can charge whatever they want and treat customers any way they want to.