Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast sucks!

I've had Comcast tv and internet for over a year, and recently decided to switch my home phone from At&t to Comcast as well. I signed up at Best Buy for a promotion, which in addition to transfering my phone, increased my tv package also. I was given an installation date, and after sitting home the entire day, the installer never came. I called Comcast and they gave me the run around with no explanation. My wife and I requested a supervisor, and was told one would call - never did! They also told me I was going to be charged a $49 installation fee, even though, I have it in writing from the Comcast rep. at Best Buy that the installation fee is $19.95. After being insulted and blown off several times by Comcast reps, we've decided to terminate all services with Comcast, and transfer our business to AT&T!

Comcast blames Microsoft for Outlook Issues

The last 2-3 days Outlook started to misbehave and ask for my id and password during a session. I changed the security settings several times and managed to get and send emails, but they bounced several times. Today I got in touch with the comcast support line (phone support) and spent about 1/2 hour getting the point across that I had tried all the things that she was recommending. The last thing I was told before I hung up in disgust was that Microsoft had acknowleged a problem with Outlook and was working on it for Comcast. I was supposed to use the internet joke mail provided by them until Microsoft got things sorted out. I don't know for sure, but its my guess that there is absolutely no people at Microsoft working on a Outlook problem for Comcast one way or the other. I believe that they (Comcast) are just upgrading or changing something and dont want to support or deal with the issue. I could put up with something like " you will have email back by tomorrow or this week" but to BS me with the stuff about Microsoft working on security bugs just for comcast is just tooooo much.
jojo413_280

I am having the same problem! I even called who I thought was Microsoft (They said they were) (1-888-218-1777) to help me get into my email acct.

and spent over an hr. on the phone with a rep. while he gained access to my pc and was moving the cursor around to tell me in the end that I was being hacked and for $299.00 he could fix this issue and how soon could I come up with the $?? Anyway, its been almost 2 weeks and I still can't get into my hotmail-outlook express email acct.!

I have stored all my personal info and pics in that acct.

and at this point I'm seriously losing it! :cry :upset :(

The problems are still there. We had Frontier.com up until Tuesday, and it worked fine.

Comcast.net has never worked regardless of multiple calls to them. They told me to call Microsoft, same as others note.

#208592

iYogi spent 3 hours setting up my Outlook Express as presribed by the directions from comcast and microsoft. All my settings are correct and I STILL cannot use my Outlook to send or receive emails. iYogi insists it is the SERVER and that would be Comcast.

All of this is very interesting. See my post under COMCAST STRIKES AGAIN. Interestingly enough, several days before my email went down, I received the following email from Comcast.

"Dear Comcast Customer,

We recently informed you about an upgrade for your

email experience at Comcast.net. When this upgrade is complete, you will be able to start using the SmartZone Communications Center.

At this time, the steps to upgrade your account are still in progress. We will email you when it has been completed. You can continue to use your Comcast.net email account as normal. Thank You.

Never saw the original email but could have missed it. Still no idea what the "Smart Zone" is. My guess is that this might have had something to do with my email issues!

I am having the same problem. First I had to change the outgoing port to 587 and it worked for about a week, then just quit working again - out of the blue!

Can't send any emails with Comcast. They tell me it is an Outlook issue. I doubt that, because my husband is having the exact same problem on his computer!

This doesn't just happen out of the blue for no reason. Comcast is messing with their settings!

Don't blame Outlook -- it's Comcast. I have been using the same version of Outlook, against the same Comcast e-mail account, for seven years. Never a problem -- until recently.

First, I was getting those prompts to enter my password. Not all the time, but sometimes. Then, Comcast asked me to switch my e-mail port to 587. OK, fine, if that's what they want to do, I can deal with it. But then I couldn't send any mail. I kept getting a user authentication error. Comcast told me that my Outlook account setting now required that the "this server requires authentication" box be checked off. It was never required in the past, but apparently Comcast has been changing some things on their end. I checked the box, and my e-mail problems have gone away.

Outlook had nothing to do with these problems. It was entirely due to Comcast making changes.

007

Are you ***? Like seriously. Outlook not working has absolutely nothing to do with comcast. At all. 0. If your internet connection is working, comcast is doing their part.

I worked for a phone company who also provided internet service. Nothing like having some dummy call in yelling at me because his Myspace isn't working.

If outlook isn't working, then they're right, it's a Microsoft issue. Just like if my Yahoo or Gmail is not working, it's a Yahoo or Google problem. Not my ISP.

Also, use something better than *** outlook. Like say, Comcast email. ;)

I too experienced the same problems with Comcast E-Mail in using Microsoft Outlook (initially the User/Password dialog box which kept popping up (mail partially working in Outlook), and then yesterday M9/29/08, no incoming mail ("can't log on to incoming mail server"). My Comcast agent told me that Microsoft's Outlook E-Mail servers were down, I told the agent that Microsoft doesn't run such servers, and that the problem was with Comcast, I was told to call Microsoft, a supervisor was to call me later (no call). Later yesterday, the E-Mail started working again, but the userr/password dialog box still pops up from time to time (so far). At least mail comes and goes between these pop ups.

I am surprised that there is not more out there on the web about this.

Does anyone know what is really behind this problem (really know, not guesses)??

View more comments (7)
Review

Comcast's upgrades increase our Internet problems

For the past month and a half it has been problem after problem, losing internet connection for no reasons on almost a daily basis. We were told in different occassions, that it was our modem, our router, we unpluggged, plugged back, rebooted, you name it and today, that I was even told to contact Microsoft. The bottom line is, we rarely had any connection problems all these years . But for the past 45 days, we would lose connectivity on a daily basis, for 1 or 2 hours, for no reason, and then it would come back again, without us having touched absolutely anything at all. Our internet connection thru Comcast seemed to have a mind of its own. And today, after turning it on our computers to access our email through Outlook, all of a sudden Comcast did not recognize our passwords at all. Their kind CC rep had a lot of patience guiding me through all manners possible to get Comcast recognize our passwords, which we had used all these years with no problems. She finally recommended that we contact Microsoft, because it seemed to be a problem with Outlook. Give me a break! All of a sudden Outlook does not work, just after they did an upgrade? So, without having touched anything, 2 hours later, I try to check our email once more, from the same PC, and miracle of all miracles: it works Comcast has been installing new rollouts, doing upgrades and all that stuff they do to justify new price raises. However, all these "upgrades" have been affecting us, your for the past month and a half. There is no other justification. We don't have FIOS on our end of the street yet, but we are seriously considering switching ASAP. I work from home, and all the problems and service interruptions I've have interfered with my job. Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem?

i havent really had any issues with our internet...

however, i do have a problem with comcast signing me into a contract without my permission...

:?

:? :?

Comcast Internet Service

Comcast in Fishkill, New York - Techs cut from the same RAGS

I have had 15+ techs out for the same *** problem. My able doesn't work at night or during the rain. I see moving, puzzle-like pictures during these times. Every technician that comes out says one of 2 things. 1. I dont even know what the problem is: Even though I told them... 2. It's your tv: It's not, we checked before...it's the *** service My cable box sits in a puddle of water daily and non of the geniuses have considered trying to move me to another in my complex. I am so fed up with comcast and their incredibly *** method of "fixing problems" and referring me to more and more technicians that do the same thing!
Comcast Tv Service

Comcasts shady tactics

They took away the TV Guide and True TV channel and put it up above channel100. For those with old TV sets they lost both channels. To get them back we had to get a box and remote from Comcast and low and behold!! right where TrueTV had always been (channel 46 for us) there it still was with this box and remote we had to get. True TV is not only on 46, but on 166, however, they blacked out 46 and the TV Guide channel, 98, without their box and remote. All about the money and how to get more from the consumer per month. We have a new flat screen (hd) also and we had to get a box and remote for that too, to get back the lost channels. Consumer robbery. Shame on Comcat.
Review

Comcast: you only need an IQ of .01 to work here.

user Ann_ has entered room Ann(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:12:32 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I want to see if you were able to fix my internet. I called last night but i was told I would get a call back today analyst Nathanial has entered room Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:12:37 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Hello Ann_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Nathanial. Please give me one moment to review your information. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:10:45 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> hi Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:12:47 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Hello Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:12:54 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Phone number on the account please> Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:11:01 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> 281 *** ***** Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:13:11 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Could I please get you to verify your account info with the name and address? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:11:29 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> *** ***** houston tx Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:11:35 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Ann ******* Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:11:56 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> (((ps I just entered all this info.. what was the point if I had to give it to you))) Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:14:25 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> To have verifiation on the chat analyst Archie has entered room Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:14:32 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:12:30 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> im not a happy camper right now. Comcast has the worst quality of service I have ever experienced. analyst Nathanial has left room Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:14:54 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Hi! How are you today? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:13:00 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> not good Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:13:23 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I just want my internet service to work. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:13:41 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I have been going around in circles with comcast.. and im tired. Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:16:26 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I apologize for that Ann. Let me see what I can do to fix it. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:14:43 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Thanks Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:16:49 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Please allow me to check your account for any memos. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:15:08 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> alright Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:17:31 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Thank you. Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:17:52 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> By the way, did you call 1-888-COMCAST regarding this matter? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:16:30 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> yes Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:16:42 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> last night.. I was on the phone with them for about an hour Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:17:29 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Keith, the tech, said he was unable to close out the job order that was set. I did not need anyone to come to my apartment since i already have cable Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:18:08 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> he tried for a good amount of time and finally he explained that he was escalating the situation to a higher level support and i would receive a call back Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:20:14 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Ann, was the internet already installed? or the you ordered internet and the work order was not processed. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:18:54 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> this is the what has already occured: seveal months ago, i ordered comcast online. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:19:07 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I recieved the kit and installed it with my own modem Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:19:20 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> it worked fine for about 2-3 weeks then it stopped Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:19:59 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> i called in and i was told it was an issue of my mac id not being release by motorolla and i had to wait 2 wks for the request to be processed Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:20:05 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> this never occured. Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:22:09 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> So its a self-install kit that you have there then. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:20:29 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> i called in and they isntructed me that i had to get a comcast modem which they brough out. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:21:24 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> my internet worked for period then i got a bill with an installation charge and needless to say i wasn't happy and i didn't pay. they suspended my service. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:21:51 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> i called in a few weeks ago and paid the freaking balance plus some deposit that I never know about. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:23:37 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> they said my service would be back up in 24-48hrs which didn't happen.. ike came another appt was set for the 17 which they didn't come out. then on 17 at 9 am some *** called me to ask me if i was home.. which i wasn't and after reviewing the notes on the case he came to the conclusion that i was advised that i didn't need to be home and rescheduled for the 22 Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:23:54 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> ____ so this is where I stand now. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:27:28 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> hello are you there? Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:29:39 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Ann, did someone from the tech line confirmed that it is a technical problem? Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:30:08 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Did they scheduled you for another visit? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:28:16 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> first it was a tech issue, then i was transfered to billing... so I DON"T KNOW Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:30:44 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Let me double check your bill. Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:30:48 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> One moment. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:29:12 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:16:42 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> last night.. I was on the phone with them for about an hour Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:17:29 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Keith, the tech, said he was unable to close out the job order that was set. I did not need anyone to come to my apartment since i already have cable Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:18:08 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> he tried for a good amount of time and finally he explained that he was escalating the situation to a higher level support and i would receive a call back Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:35:19 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Ann, I have checked the memos from your previous conversation with our help line however, it is not clear to me what has been done and what should be done. The best thing I can do is to trasfer you to your technical department and let them also check your bill, they could possibly handle both issues. Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:36:08 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Is it okay with you? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:34:55 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> NO! this is frustrating.. can you escalate this to a manager. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:36:06 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> m absolutely fed up Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:36:18 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I have wasted too much time with this. Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:38:37 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Basically, Ann, we are from Sales dept. I do have a manager however, she may not be able to assist you with the issue. I will be forwarding you to another department who can handle technical issues. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:36:43 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I don't want to be transfered or called back... I just want the issue resolved Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:37:17 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I just want this noted that I have been going around from one department from the other. Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:39:52 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Yes, to resolve the issue, Ann. The best thing I can do is to forward you, because we don't have a tool to check the internet problem and complete billing details. Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:40:25 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Surely, I will put a note on our memos for them to read the concern. Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:41:10 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Can you hold so I can transfer you? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:39:13 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> please forward if this is the case.. and if possible explain to the next tech what the issue is Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:41:59 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Thats noted Ann and I really apologize for this matter. analyst Omar has entered room Archie(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:43:15 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst Omar(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:43:24 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Ill be more than glad to help you! analyst Archie has left room Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:41:36 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> thanks Omar(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:44:33 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Are you having internet issues? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:43:02 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> yes Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:43:44 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> are you able to see my convo with previous rep? Omar(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:45:47 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Ann I do apologize but I'm tech for phone service but ill be more than glad to get a internet tech for you Omar(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:45:56 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> yes Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:44:08 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> this is unrealistic... Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:44:31 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> how about a manager on the Internet tech support team Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:44:42 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> not a rep------- A MANAGER Omar(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:47:38 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I would be more than glad to get a Manager for you but it will take a minute or two. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:46:26 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> that's fine.. Omar(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:48:42 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Thank you Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:46:41 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> this is better than wasting my day time minutes Omar(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:53:52 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I do apologize for the wait im speaking to a manager now and im letting them know what's going on Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:52:18 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> ok, thanks Omar(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:54:34 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> your very welcome Omar(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:57:10 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> ok im going to go ahead and get you over to the manager Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:55:56 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> ok thanks again Omar Omar(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:58:34 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> your very welcome and i do apologize for the inconvenience Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:56:47 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> not your fault.. but thanks for trying to help Omar(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:59:01 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:59:07 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Hello this is Nathaniel, I am the supervisor on the floor at the time analyst Omar has left room Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:59:54 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> So your are needing the internet service Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:57:55 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Wasn't I speaking to you earlier? Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:00:02 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Correct? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:58:03 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:16:42 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> last night.. I was on the phone with them for about an hour Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:17:29 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Keith, the tech, said he was unable to close out the job order that was set. I did not need anyone to come to my apartment since i already have cable Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:18:08 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> he tried for a good amount of time and finally he explained that he was escalating the situation to a higher level support and i would receive a call back Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 16:58:57 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> are you the same rep I was speaking to earlier? Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:02:48 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> No I am only taking my chats that are supervisor chats Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:03:17 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Was this escalated earlier? Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:04:47 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Have you called in to talk to a sales representative yet Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:02:54 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> user Ann_ has entered room Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:12:37 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)) Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:03:34 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I spoke to sales who transfered me to phone tech support who transfered me to you Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:04:04 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> i will reposted my convo with sales. Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:06:03 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> There are more than one Nathanial in the call center, unless you were escalated earlier Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:04:40 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> must be a small world to get to nathanials in one day Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:06:43 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Would you like me to get you over back with sales ? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:04:49 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> no i don't need sales. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:04:58 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> which department are you with Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:05:00 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> ? Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:08:10 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I am the supervisor that is in charge of the hsi department Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:06:26 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> great!!! Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:08:51 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> You issue is with the account that must be taking care of by sales Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:06:51 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I will go ahead and repost the previous convo with previous reps if you do not have access to them Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:07:13 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I have an account already Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:07:24 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> what is my issue... just so I can know Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:09:29 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> What is the account number? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:07:47 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> don't have the actual number but you can use my phone number Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:07:49 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> 281 *** ***** Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:09:01 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> will the phone number work? Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:11:18 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Yes Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:11:28 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> The account shows to be closed Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:10:14 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> that isn't possible... I have a modem at home that i have had for months now Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:10:39 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> do you show that i made a 262 dollar payment about 2-3 weeks ago? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:10:51 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> can you use my address? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:11:12 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> TX 77042 Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:13:24 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Meaning that sales needs to open a new account in the address that you are in, Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:11:41 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> how can you guys take money for an account that does not exist. Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:13:50 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Since the account was closed for some reason it can not be reopened Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:14:13 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> We have to make a new one and transfer the info over Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:12:19 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> if you can't help me.. let me speak to your supervisor.. this is unreal Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:12:35 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> it's taking 3 weeks for someone to tell me this? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:13:11 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> last night i was on the phone for an hours with keith, he said the issue was a job order that he wasn't able to close. Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:15:14 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Like I said let me get you to sales and get a sales supervisor Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:13:49 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> do you have an emplyee number, or a way to distinguish you from other Nathanials? Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:16:38 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Nathanial 32739 Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:16:48 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> This is a phone id Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:17:06 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> That will refer back to me Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:15:12 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> thank you. Can you please explain what is going on to the next person Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:15:18 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> thansk Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:15:23 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> s/ thanks Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:17:28 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Yes one sec Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:25:25 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst analyst Jessica has entered room Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:25:31 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Thank you for contacting Comcast. This is Jessica. How may I help you today? analyst Nathanial has left room Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:25:51 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Hello Ann! Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:25:52 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Are you a new customer? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:23:55 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> nope Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:24:07 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> are you manager? Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:26:39 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> No, I am not Ann. I am a sales representative. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:24:44 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> ((((((Nathanial(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:15:14 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Like I said let me get you to sales and get a sales supervisor ))))) Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:24:59 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I should be speaking to a supervisor ---as you can see. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:25:38 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> but none the less. I should have an account my address is Houston TX 77042 Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:25:54 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> i should have an account that you guys bill me for that i just paid 262 dollars toward Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:28:29 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> May I please know the date that you sign up for service? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:26:38 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> about six months ago Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:28:57 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I see. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:29:03 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Let check this for you. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:29:05 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Can I have your account number, please? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:27:36 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> i'm at work and thus don't have it.. but i have a bill at home Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:29:53 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> It is okay. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:30:26 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> May you verify with me your address, please? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:28:56 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> houston tx 77042 Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:31:06 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Thank you very much. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:29:12 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> soorry that was 9850 Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:32:05 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Ann, I see here that the address you entered is a part of a bulk account where your apartment or condominium complex has already established some level of service at your address. If you have questions regarding this arrangement, the property manager at your location can provide additional information. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:32:10 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Would that be okay? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:31:07 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> are you kidding me???????! Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:31:15 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I PAY FOR THE INTERNET Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:33:46 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Yes, I understand that. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:31:45 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> 281 *** ***** try that number... Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:31:50 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> for my account Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:34:09 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I can see that here. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:34:18 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Let me check on this further. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:35:50 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Yes, it is Ann. The address you have is a part of a bulk dwelling. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:34:23 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> ok.. sow that does have to do with my internet account which i got in my name and pay from my account with money i work for? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:34:34 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> im tired of this *** Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:34:59 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> if you guys cannot set this up I would like the 262 that i paid two weeks ago back to my account. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:37:53 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I can see that you paid that amount, Ann. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:39:11 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Ann, I would just like to confirm your concern on this. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:37:25 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> for what then.. the guy before me said i don't even have an account Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:40:12 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I can see your name on this address, Ann. However, the address you have is a part of a bulk account. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:40:32 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I can only process orders for residential dwelling here at my end. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:38:46 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> so let me guess.. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:38:52 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> you are going to transfer me Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:38:54 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> ? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:39:18 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> what is your id number? Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:41:21 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Please contact your property manager on this matter. Or you may call 1-800 Comcast. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:39:37 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> i called 1-800 Comcast. last night Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:39:42 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> they were unable to help me Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:39:56 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> my property only pays for the cable not the internet Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:40:04 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> they have nothing to do with this. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:40:33 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> i didn't get the internet through them, i got it from comcast, on line at that Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:44:39 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Let me check on this further. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:45:40 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Ann, as I reviewed your account, it states here that your internet service is not working well, am I right? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:45:03 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> yes Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:47:16 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Okay. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:48:14 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> It states here that there is an unrecovered equipment and has a delinquent balance. May I please know the date you made your last payment on this Ann? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:46:33 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> the week before last Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:46:39 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> not sure the date Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:46:46 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> it was for about $262 Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:48:50 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I see. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:49:21 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Thank you for the information. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:49:52 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Here is what we need to do on this Ann. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:48:16 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> ok... Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:50:52 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Since you already made a payment, you can have your internet back. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:51:46 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> And for you to have it reactivated, you need to contact again your property manager since the address you have is as part of a bulk dwelling. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:52:14 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I understand that you got your internet at Comcast, Ann. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:52:44 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> However, there is a certain step or procedure to take so that you can have your internet on top of this address. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:53:01 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> The company manager can help you with this. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:53:43 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> I would really love to process your internet, however my tools here at my end are limited only to residential dwelling. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:52:09 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> you know what, have a good night. Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:52:32 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> this is not going anywhere. I have spoke to five people with five different solutions. Jessica(Wed Sep 24 2008 18:54:36 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> Is there anything else that I can assist you further? Ann_(Wed Sep 24 2008 17:52:44 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time))> futher.. I haven't gotten any help.
Comcast Installation

Comcast's Terrible Product and Even Worse Service

I have been with Comcast only 3 months, and I've already had massive problems which no one can seem to fix. The first was the initial set up of my TV, internet,phone bundle. Not only did my service not work, but the techinician left ILLEGALLY placed wires running across all of my neighbors lawns, and plugged them into a box at the end of the street. I called twice about this, and I was told that someone would come to fix this. No one showed up either time. Luckily an independent contractor was working on my neighbors and saw the wires and fixed them. Now, my On Demand has not been working for a month. I had a technician come and look at it finally and I was informed it was a network problem (for a month?!) and he would call me when he knew more. It's been over a week and I haven't heard from him, and that obviously was not the situation.(which I later confirmed) He merely did not know how to fix this, and couldn't be bothered. I confirmed that there were no network problems, and the issue still hasn't been fixed. Not only this, but every time I have to call for a technician, the phone *** is so long, that it hangs up on me, without giving me the option to wait, and tells me to use Online help. When a tech finally shows up, he has no idea what he is doing. Do not get Comcast! They have a horrible product, even worse service, and they do not care to help their customers. They just want your money. and it's not worth it! I will continue to spread the word about this terrible company wherever I go.
Comcast Tv Service
Loss

Comcast has nasty cutomer servce

Last Monday I call Comcast to pay my bill, I had forgot about it and had my services shut off. When I reach customer service I was told that I was not listed on the account and would not be transferred to collections. After telling her that yes I was, I have been on the account since we signed up and she must be looking at the wrong screen. I told her my husband drives over the road so I would be the only person who ever calls in. I then began to beg her to transfer me to collections, and she just would not do it. All I wanted to do was pay my bill, that woman raised my blood pressure, had me shaking and so upset. I ended up hanging up calling right back, asked the next person for collections and she put me straight through. I told the lady in collections about what happened and she told me that next time just asked to be transferred and that I ,as my husbands wife ,have a legal right to the account. But it doesn't stop there, my TV was turned back on, but my Internet was not. It took Comcast 4 days to work it out, they had to write out tickets to send to engineering or wherever, but it took me hours and several phone calls and days to finally get my service back on line. It is unbelievable to me how the people in customer care, don't care. It seems that every time I call I have more issues, and am treated like ***. I cannot wait to have a different provider come through this area, because I will drop Comcast for everything, phone,tv, and Internet. I am just so sick of dealing with them and their bad attitudes.
Comcast Service Transfer

Nashville Comcast Customer Service Sucks Big Time

Nashville Comcast Customer service is the rudest, least helpful CS that I have ever dealt with iin my 62 years. Beginning with no listing for customer service in the phone book, to rude CS reps who don't listen to what you say, to menus that do not offer an appropriate option, to inability to recontact the same person, to refusal to give other contact numbers, to ad nauseum. Nashville Comcast Customer Service sucks big time. My advice: If you can get other service - DO SO. I can't wait until ATT is availabe in my neighborhood. I hope Comcast loses ALL its customers. Jim
Review

Sick to death of Comcast cutomer service

I am so sick of Comcast I could throw up. A couple of weeks ago my phone was acting up so they sent me out a tech, he did not fix my problem so I had to call them back. The next day they sent another tech out, and the problem was on the outside of my house, he fixed it. Then I got a bill for $35.00 for that first tech that didn't fix anything. I called customer service and she told me it was a legitimate charge because that first tech worked inside my house, I tried to explain to her that he didn't fix anything, and asked her if she could see on her screen that I had to have another tech sent the next day, she said "yes, but it is still a legitimate charge". She would not listen to anything I had to say. I then asked for her supervisor, she told me that it wouldn't do any good, that it was legitimate, after begging for a good 10 minutes she finally transfers me, telling me the wait time was going to be extremely long, whatever I have time. It wasn't long at all because I opted for their call back service. When the supervisor called he totally agreed with me and reversed the charges. I just can't understand what is up with those people, and trust me this was not the first or last experience that I have had with Comcast. They need to clean up their act, and all get on the same page....it really doesn't matter who you talk to they all say something different.