Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast owes me money

I spoke with cutomer service 6 times to try to get resolutions on billing issues. Now I can't even get through on the phone to follow-up since I still have not receive my 2 checks. I had multiple accounts with Comcasts because I transfer service from my old place to new. I was owe a credit of $13.37 which was supposively processed on 06-May-09 and for another account $15.70 was to be credited when I spoke with their rep. Kenneth x72416 on 18-May-09. I verified my new address with him and he said I should get both check in ~4 to 6 weeks. It's August and nothing and these are credits owed to me from beginning of 2009!!!

Comcast owed me $158 as of Feb 13th 2012. I was having service problems which did not get fixed despite the 7 techs that have been to my home and the countless calls to technical service.

After two months of problems with comcast i desided to cancel my account. I have now spent the last month fighting with reps who realy don't care about getting my monies back after threating to go to my local news channel i was promptly refunded $100 to my debit card and was told that a refund check would be expidided to me within two weeks. two weeks was yesterday and no check.

The reps at comcast could care less. Comcast may care but it is not about their customers:)

Review

Comcast making LAME excuses about *** service.

I was patient with Comcast when our internet, phone, and television went out thanks to snow and heavy storms earlier in the year. However, besides those legitimate reasons, we've had hours and hours of completely random downtime for NO reason lately. We've been using Comcast for four years now and it's been absolutely excellent service up until this year. Last night, our services all went down around midnight. It was a comfortable 60 *** our area at the time, welcome since we'd just been through a heat wave around here. Service wobbled back and forth between present and nonexistent the next morning around 7 AM (65 F). At 10 AM (70 F), we called to ask what was wrong with our service. Their excuse was "the heat has been causing problems with our network." YEAH RIGHT! We had no problems during the heat wave (100+ degrees for 3 days in a row), nor have we had any problems during ANY summer heat up until this year. What a pathetic excuse for a lie. It's still better than Qwest, whose usual excuse was, "Derp, we don't know! You'll just have to wait." They would then proceed to leave us without internet for weeks and bill us for it. Oh Comcast, what happened? How the mighty have fallen.
#72054

When service goes out in 80, 90, 100 degree weather it's a called sun outages... look it up.

I've had comcast service for 8 years and a cable modem for 7. Everything has been set up the same way until about 4 yrs ago went go HD box.

Now Internet is dropping over and over during certain parts of the day.

Comcast says it is the signal, but they did some 'upgrade' about 6 weeks ago which is when the problem starting occurring . cable modem is fine, comcast sucks.

Call Comcast and ask them to test the signal into your home. It sounds like a problem with the drop line especially after the winter.

In my area Comcast goes out between 8pm - 1am every single night. Other people in the neighborhood experience this too.

Everytime we call Comcast they say our cable modem is bad.

Huh? We told the technician this and the people on the phone every single time we call but everytime it's a different excuse.

View more comments (3)

Comcast in Boston, Massachusetts - Robbed Consumer

Comcast Cable has taken away several of my channels in my package that I have had and paid for many years and put those channels in another package (higher). They did send a notice they were moving the channels, with the exception of one channel. The issue is how can this be ethical or in good faith, even if legal. The only recourse I have to get the channels back is to buy a higher upgrade to receive the very same channels I have had for much less. I believe there should be some consumer protection for this, but so far I have seen none. Very unhappy customer and consumer.
#102031

I am near phila and want to protest at the new comcast bldg. who is with me?

Contact the BBB. We the customers need to stand together and show comcast we're not going to tolerate this anymore..

Their lack of concern for customer service also boggles the mind. I have been waiting for 3 week for a supervisor to return my call.

Gee, he must have a lot of complaints if it is taking that long. :roll

Ever since this digital upgrade announcements came out seems like our t.v. has been useless.

We have all these channels taken away and the ones that do come in are fuzzy or are protected program and no way to delete that. Might as well save our money and go else where!!!!

I totally agree, and have contacted ABC news to check into the lies we've been told for two years about not needing other equipment when the analog-digital switch occurs. Isn't it interesting that Comcast waited till after the switch to tell it's customers they were taking away A LOT of channels.

If we want to get out of our contract, we will be charged $150.00, for "breaking the contract". It seems to me that Comcast is the one breaking the contract - many times over - with all the changes and losses of channels which we had signed on for. Out of all the channels we get, we watch maybe 40 - 50 regularly. Most of those channels they can take and shove.

They are disgusting. Maybe Comcast should switch them to a *** tier. Maybe they should do a survey to see which channels the customer really want; and to see how many of there current customers would dump Comcast if it wasn't such a "monopoly" in the area. We were with Comcast (formerly Suburban in our area) for almost 30 years and I think we are being penalized.

You think we would get gifts and discounts for being loyal customers. Aha! The new needed equipment - digital boxes, etc. We're the ones paying for the discount for the new customers.

Looking into switching to Verizon, like some other family members have done.

Take a hint, Comcast. You're not well-liked :(

View more comments (4)
Review

Comcast incompetence in billing matter

I turned in my 2nd cable box to a Comcast rep. on April 26 because I can't afford it anymore. Comcast refuses to take the box off my bill despite at least 8 attempts on my part at reconciling this both in person and over the phone. I am now told I can't downgrade my service until my bill is current. I will not pay the disputed portion of the bill. Comcast is now forcing me to keep a subscription to services I can't afford because of their incomprehensible clerical incompetence in a matter as simple as turning in equipment.

Comcast Sucks

I have been missing 20 channels of cable service which i pay too much for already so after ringing comcast they said they would send a technician out to check the problem the informed me there would be a $99 call out charge! I told them all i want is the service i paid for and it was there issue not mine and i was not willing to pay.I told them its not an issue with my end as i can receive channels 2-38 and 61-99 but not 39-59.(which i have paid for. So i told them to stick there cable where the sun don't shine.I have lived without television before i can do it again.Comcast seem to believe they can keep giving the consumer the shaft and get away with it.So i am taking a stand and saying NO MORE!

I didnt switch to satilite cause of having to add a box to my sets. Comcast gave out all that bull about the OTA digital conversion and how you would be goo if you had cable.

Now that it;s happened Comast does this ***. I think we should be like everyone else and file a class action against Comcast.

Yes that is the call out charge for the engineer and yes they will credit me for time down but i still have to pay out the call charge whether their problem or not but the time down credit would not cover the initial call out charge,i think that this is an issue especially in San Francisco as most of the repair work seems to be done by licensed contractors rather than CC themselves

are you sure they are billing you $99 for a trouble call?om what I know, if the problem is caused by thier company, you will not be billed for the trouble call and you can also request credit for the days you had cable service interruption.

View more comments (2)

Comcast comm. sucks

i have the comcast bungle in headland ,al.we have the sorriest service i've ever seen.all of it goes out once a day at least.the service is terrible,the people in the office are very rude and they lie to you about showing up for a sevice call.today is friday and i'm still waiting for them to show up on a call since sunday.oh ***,i could write a book.comcast just sucks.thats it.garrett dykes.the phone don't work,hd sucks and the internet works as slow as dial up does at times.

There own service people have told me that Comcast could care less.

Review

Comcast keeps sending mail to my residence.

For 2 years I have pleading for Comcast to refrain from sending unsolicited mail every week to a vacant house I own. Vandals realize the dwelling is unoccupied because of the mail in the mailbox. I have called several different numbers many times and tried to e-mail my complaint, to no avail. When I do succeed getting to talk with someone, they do not seem to know exactly what to do, so they connect me with several others who do not know as much as the first person. Considering how much attention is being devoted to saving the trees and planet, this seems like a flagrant waste of resources.
Review

Not happy with the Comcast bundle

We have had the comcast bundle for a few months now and it has never worked right. First we had cable for years and then we had the computer and phone line put on and it has not worked right yet. We also had a tech out this weekend and he just said they are working on the problem in our area. How long does it have to be worked on and we have to pay for it. Our phones go dead at times and the computer does not work right, its always been real slow. Not good !!!!!! The only thing we don't have trouble with is the cable alone.

Comcast Cable Co

They just raised the monthly rate telling me my special 2 year promotion was up. Never called just jacked the bill. I live in Bloomfield,Mi so I might need a new service. Word of caution ,watch this company as I have had problems for sometime.I have a condo in Fl and use Verizon there. Great service and constant pricing. I would beinterested if someone had a competing service to recommend and I could tell these people to get out. Needless to say I will seroiusly look at any recommendation. Since I am new to this site,your help will be appreciated.
Loss

Comcast bundle package

we have had the comcast bundle package for a few months, the tv we have had on cable for years. After we got the computer and phone attached to cable we have had nothing but trouble and it started out with the email not working and they fixed that but now the computer is so slow at times or does not even work right and sometimes the phones are just dead or people can not hear us at all on the other end. A tech came out and just said they are working on it. Why do we have to pay for something that does not work right?