Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast - Nothing but problems and no service

I have been trying to find out what is going on with my COMCAST bill for months and months. You can't get a straight answer even if you go online as all of their service is outsourced out of the country. No wonder people can't find out if a technician is coming - the person you are talking to (on the phone or online) is in another country - making pennies on the dollar while we idiots in the US are paying them premium payments - and THEN SOME. I have requested copies of my bills with an explanation of what the charges are for and received nothing but copies of past bills. It is extremely frustrating to deal with this company. If you want to reach service on the phone you have to lie and say you are ordering new service to even get someone on the phone. When someone does get on the phone you are transferred around. I wish there was another choice. I wish a new company would come along that is not related to local or state governments at all. It is obvious nothing will be done about this company because they have bought the politicians and feel quite secure stealing and robbing left and right from their customers.

Contact the BBB! They will help! We the customers need to stand together and show comcast we're not going to tolerate this anymore.

Comcast in Greensburg, Pennsylvania - Fees

I just received my monthly cable payment slip. $225.00 for the triple play for $179. Confused? Right. In addition to the triple play (cable, phone and internet)there is additional "fees" for the 3 cable boxes, fees for the voice and then additional charges for "taxes , surcharges and fees". When asked what those "fees" are, I was told by Comcast its fees for my local government. That the local government decides and they get that money. Really?! So is this a kick back? To who? I was treated like I was retarded and she just kept repeating what she read off the screen. Is this being charged extra taxes - the wolf in sheeps clothing? Can someone explain this?
Review
Two of my cable boxes had been out since last Friday, so I made an appointment with Comcast to have a Technician come out and fix them the following Tuesday between 2-5pm. I left work early to be home for the appointment and no one called or came past. I have had...

Hi I'm dealing with the very same issue almost but mine getting them to hook up a line witch is already here been 2weeks now and nobody there has there *** together I have had to call everyday asking why there doing this but tommorow is supposed to b a good day there coming 3-5 yea we'll see bet I have to call again I keep missing work cuz of there *** times.and I don't understand why they have utility trucks if there not going to use it lazy as *** is all I can say.and to the person on this post I agree they have the worst service ever they deserve a golden globe for years worst service

View more comments

Comcast employee threatens me

I had a comcast employee attempt to take items from my home that were not his. When I asked him to leave items and leave my home I was threatened, yelled and cursed at. Finally he left the inside of the home but refused to leave my property. On the way out he threw the items and then slammed my door so hard it cause items to fall from wall and they broke. I had to call police. Comcast supervisor never stopped by or called. Then to top it off many weeks later I was hounded by their collection agency for the equipment that was already paid for.

HOW DO I REPORT A COMCAST TECHNICIAN WHO TRESPASSES ON MY PROPERTY????? THIS IS DANGEROUS AND RIDICULOUS AND I WOUD LIKE TO REPORT THIS *** INTERNET COMPLAINTS WHO DO I TALK TO?

TODAY I HAD A COMCAST DOOR TO DOOR SALES PERSON COME TO MY HOUSE (KEEP OUT & NO TRESPASSING SIGNS POSTED) ASKING FOR SOMEONE. I TOLD HIM NO ONE BY THAT NAME LIVED HERE & ASKED IF HE SAW THE SIGNS.

HE STATED YES BUT THAT HE WAS WORKING. I TOLD HIM THAT I WAS A PRIVATE PERSON & DID NOT LIKE TO BE DISTURBED IN THE EVENING & TOLD HIM TO LEAVE. HE TOLD ME THAT I WOULD NOT TALK TO LIKE THAT OUT ON THE STREET & THAT I HAD A PROBLEM. I SAID THAT THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAD WAS HIM ON MY PROPERTY & TO GET OFF OF IT.

HE SAID I WAS DISRESPECTING HIM. I RESPONDED BY SAYING THAT HE DISRESPECTED ME BY NOT HONORING THE SIGNS. HE WENT TO THE STREET & PUT HE THINGS DOWN & SAID "COME ON I WILL KNOCK YOU OUT" I CALLED THE POLICE & FILED A COMPLAINT W/COMCAST. AS HE WAS WALKING AWAY HE WAS CALLING MY WIFE, MOTHER & FAMILY NAMES.

NEEDLESS TO SAY THE DIPLOMACY WENT BY THE WAY SIDE. WE BOTH WERE YELLING BACK & FORTH AT EACH OTHER. NEXT TIME A COMCAST EMPLOYEE COMES TO MY DOOR I WILL MAKE SURE MY HOME PROTECTION IS CLOSE BY.

IF YOU DEAL W/THE PUBLIC & YOU GO DOOR TO DOOR IN THE EVENING BOTHERING PEOPLE DURING THEIR RELAXING HOURS, THEN YOU SHOULD BE PREPARED TO BE TOLD TO LEAVE WITHOUT SETTING A BAD EXAMPLE W/YOUR COMPANY UNIFORM ON. IF YOU CANNOT THEN GO FLIP BURGERS.

im sure the only reason that those guys are rude is because they deal with *** *** rude *** americans all *** day and it rubs off on them. =) just my opinion. You deal with rude people all day, you start to think eeryone is rude.

To the comcast tech: Unfortunately you don't have a clue what happened yet excuse the behavior by saying niccorocknroll didn't say what was done to warrent it. Well believe it or NOT comcast got the wrong info to the tech who was suppose to simply replace an existing box not take all the boxes in the house!

Thus he should simply realize there was miscommunication between him and his company and when he is asked to leave a customers house until it is cleared up he should. Not get threatening. As a comcast tech I will tell you if a person asks you to leave their house then you better simply leave.

Easy as that.. oh and by the way all the equipment the tech was trying to take had been paid in advance for.

Shelly2129

I feel bad for you. They don't have a right to slam your door, and disrespect you.

A customer service rep told me over the phone today that they get a lot of complaints about their service technicians being rude. To "comcast tech" who commented.... no customer can do anything to "warrant such a response" you obviously should be fired.

So if I yell at you, that makes it ok for you hit me or steal my property? What a *** you are.

I see at least 10 different customers a day,I must say that niccorocknroll is over exaggeratingor isn't telling what he or she did to warrant such a response

#72059

comcast doesnt sell their equipment... its a monthly rental charge.

View more comments (6)

Comcast

Well, I am pissed now. Ok , if I would have a choice I would never go with Comcast. First, I scheduled an appointment with a technician to come up and fix my not working cable 3 times, Good Lord after hours on the phone and transfering from one department to another, 3 weeks later I succeded with my 3d appointment. Yeah! Ok,now I have cable,but I am on the bulk account,so I needed a cable box for my projector TV to work upstairs. Called Comcast, orderd cable box- agreed to pay for this box $3.99, signed up for some package that they offered $9.99. Ok, everything is fine, till I receive the bill: all of what I stated earlier + $16.95 for "Other Charges". Call them again asking, what is this 17 bucks are for. The lady in Customer Service told me that this is for the box delivery. What? Nobody ever told me that they will charge for box delivery, and when i asked earlier before I got it if I can come up and get the box myself - the answer was "no", "technician has to do it". And then I guess they just stick technician's hourly salary+burdens in your bill, and call it "box delivery". How nice:)
Review

I Wish There Was Another Choice Besides Comcast!

I signed up for Comcast bundle services (phone, internet, and TV) on 8/22 via the internet. I scheduled an appointment for today (8/31/2009) between 6-8pm for installation. Today (8/31/2009) I tried to use their online chat service to make sure my appointment was still on since I haven't heard from them- but that didn't work because the guy I was chatting with (Ryan) took like 5 minutes between responses. I CALL THEM to confirm they are coming and they have no record of my order!!!! Then they tell me that the earliest they can be here is another week away!!!! The lady I was speaking with tried to pass the buck and say that I needed to talk to the internet department. She finally agreed that they can come tomorrow for installation but that will mean knocking off of work early again tomorrow and waiting for a guy to come install my services. I'm also pretty sure that she gave me some misinformation regarding my need for a modem- I told her that I have my own modem but she said I have to have one from them also- that is not correct according to their website- I guess they want to milk me for another $36 a year! I would gladly go with a satellite provider if my apartment was positioned so that i could have it! I hope the rest of my experience isn't this ***

Dude they have the NFL channel for free now, its so cool!!! Can't wait for the season to start, dude, I going for the Bears to win it all at the superbowl!

Comcast is terrible

I was sent a letter in the mail saying my "bundle promotion" was ending and that I could sign up for a 12-month offer of Digital Starter cable and Internet or accept my higher rate when my "bundle promotion" expires. When I told them we were not told we were receiving a "bundle promotion," I held for 20 minutues, then talked to Chris. Chris proceeded to tell me I was wanting a cadillac but willing to pay for a Toyota Tercel. I will evaluate alternatives to Comcast and plan to never use their services again. Spoke to Darryl and Chris.

Contact the BBB. They will help! Comcast needs to see that the CUSTOMERS are not going to stand for this *** service anymore!

I think comcast is pretty cool! They are really great now! Dude, they have the NFL channel for free now!

View more comments (1)

Comcast in Elk Grove, California - Paying for high speed and getting much less

I wonder how many people are un-aware that they may be paying for more speed than they are getting from Comcast. I've been paying for 16 mbps since June, their excuse: it must be my old computer but that didn't fly since I have a new laptop. Then said they have to repair the lines outside, but haven't done it yet and outright lied about doing it. They tell me that once it is fixed they'll credit my bill, yeah right. EVERYONE should check the speed you're getting at http://www.speedtest.net and find out what speed you are paying for. The speeds that I know of are 6, 10 and 16 mbps. Then call every day to complain, and now I'm writing complaints to every authority I can find that will listen. Comcast has my area blocked off to other ISP's that I can provid better speed and service…how the *** is that legal?

@mulch, you fail at trolling

Back to the topic at hand, its already a well established fact that comcast throttles their connections. You are never going to get the advertised speed.

Ironworker

I too have the same situation with this internet carrier. Everyone should contact there state consumer complaint depts and better business bureaus.

Yet another (l)user trying to use techie speak to *** and..........wait for it................................................................................................................................................it's coming................................................................................................FAILS COMPLETLY!

Are you talking about (X)DSL, cabel or what? Have you ever heard of network protocols? Do you know what a shared node is? Have you ever read or heard the phrase up to...?

Your new "laptop" Which OS are you running? Do you have IPSECV6 active? Does your local ISP support this? I'm willing to bet a months pay that you have a "router" and you configured it yerself.

*** *** people please turn off your PC and go out and play. Leave the complicated stuff to people who understand these things a lot better.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Screw comcast,poor service, poor management
Comcast came to install services at my next door neighbor. Incapability always exceeds there own expectations, they unplugged my cable in order to get my neighbors online, I had schedule a meeting with 12 other guest which I had to move to another venue (wings and more)since they were unable to do 2 jobs in one day, there is always tomorrow,I call and spoke to a supervisor who offered a free month of service for the inconvenience. I had been waiting since May, and every month after talking to a couple of problem solvers they tell me to wait another month, finally today they told me that my request had been denied, I never requested that but now Irealize that the best thing to do is just say screw comcast.

Sorry for the trouble. Please allow me to assist. If you can send me the phone number on the account, I will ensure that that this is addressed for you.

Mark Casem

Comcast Corp.

National Customer Operations

We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Comcast is horrible! They tore up my walls and messed up my service.

Did you know that in Northern Virginia there was a little old lady that Comcast was so horrible to she went into their office and bashed their computer in with a bat because they made her so mad!

She was old too. Comcast is a dirty, dirty company.

Quit complaining! You get what you pay for!

View more comments (2)
Review

No way to put into 10 words what I've had to experience with Comcast!

My problems begin almost immediately after Comcast took over Time Warner in my city. It began with my cable going out on a regular basis. Then it went to my screen "pixel"ing, then freezing, then just going blank. Comcast sent techs out and the problem would be fixed until the next rain. To try to sum things up, my cable goes out every time we get a heavy rain. After numerous complaints and DAYS w/o service, the techs said that it was my outside connection box. Anyway, I was calling for service on an almost monthly basis. The techs would come out, but my problem was never solved. Finally, a tech diagnosed that it was the cable line connecting to my house that was causing the problem. Great, I thought!!! WRONG!!! It ended up that Comcast told me that my cable line was run from someone else's property. When I questioned that didn't Comcast OWN the cable, I was initially told that our utility company owned them. So I called the city. The city said that Comcast cable had nothing to do with their utility poles. Called Comcast and told them what the city told me. The next thing Comcast told me was that the cable was on private property and that they couldn't access it w/o the homeowner's permission. I was told that they would contact the homeowner and repair the problem. After two weeks of interrupted service, I called for service again. I was told that nobody was ever at home when they tried to access the lines. I then PERSONALLY went to each of my neighbors to beg for access for the Comcast techs so that my cable could be repaired. Not a single one of them had been contacted by Comcast!!! In the beginning of this nightmare, I was told that my cable was connected to a pole in a specific yard. I asked them for access, they granted it, and we then learned that it WASN'T coming from their yard. This happened TWICE with ME being the one to personally contact the neighbor and ask permission. It ended up that my cable WASN'T on private property, but Comcast took about a month and a half to figure it out. It ended up that squirrels had eaten through my cable and eventually the problem was solved. .....temporarily. To this very day, my cable still goes out when it rains. I've had to personally replace my box because they said it was most likely the problem and that they would charge me to come out and replace it themselves. My last problem with Comcast occurred in April. We had a thunderstorm and my cable went out. I thought the entire block was out and called to tell them so. I was told that if everyone else's was out that I needed to go door to door and have them call because none of them had!! After a couple of days, I learned that I was the only one whose cable went out in my neighborhood. When I called and asked for service, I was told that no one could come out until a week later and that I would be charged a 39.00 service fee. That's when I lost it. I called to complain and was finally given a 20.00 credit and was told that there wouldn't be a service call fee. One week later, my cable went out again. Same routine, but this time I called our local TV station to seek a final solution. A rep from Comcast called and told me it would be repaired and that he was going to give me a 50.00 credit. I told him I'd been give an 20.00 credit and he said, "Well, I'm giving you a 50.00 credit" and he gave me his direct phone number. Well, guess what? Another heavy rain and my cable went out this weekend yet again. I called to report it and was hit with I owe Comcast 50.00. To make a long story short, I received a call from their collection department tonight regarding it. Mind you, I have excellent credit and I've NEVER been late with a payment to Comcast. When the 50.00 credit wasn't listed on my next bill, I was told to just deduct it from what I had been charged and that I only owed that amount. Since then, ....well, you get my point now. I NEVER had problems with Time Warner and I just don't understand what happened, but Comcast is the absolute WORST company I've ever dealt with. If I could find another hi-speed internet service, I'd drop them in a heart beat. Been busy with remodeling(COSMETIC ONLY) my house and haven't had time to look, but after getting the call from the collection department tonight, I'm again going to call the local tv stations, send letters to the editors, do whatever it takes to let as many people as I can know what I've had to go through with this company.
Review
#152019 Review #152019 is a subjective opinion of poster.