Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast - Beware if switching to Comcast Phone

Caution- if you switch tom comcast phone and you already have comcast internet service, you will not be able to access you email through comcast.net for up to 72 hours while they "upgrade" your smartzone account. They don't tell you this of course, but they know it is part of the process. Today they told me to keep trying to log in for the next 72 hours until I'm able to get in. If it goes past 72 hours and I still can't access it, then call them back. This doesn't have a huge impact since I can check it whem I am at home on my pc, but I know many people like to check their email when they are away from home - which is part of the basic internet service that we pay for. If I would have known about this ahead of time I could have planned better.

actually you dont pay for your email service - it is a complimentary service provided to you free of chjarge - what you pay for is internet access thru 1 computer connected directly to your broadband modem. eamil is just an extra and little to no support is provided if you have issues with a free service

Review

Comcast cable has horrible picture quality

I am disgusted with the quality of comcast cable.Any time the colors are dark there is block shaped grain all over, the darker the worse it is, it reminds me of some kind of cancer or skin disease,I called out a tech and he said that's just the way it is and that dish would be the same.I love my dvr and my channels but this must change, its pathetic, any body interested in a joint complaint to comcast or that has ideas on how to handle this, my email is cconnell123123@yahoo.com that's 123123 after the connell, *** 1's and l's look the same, what is wrong with people:) yall have a good one

Comcast - Nothing but problems and no service

I have been trying to find out what is going on with my COMCAST bill for months and months. You can't get a straight answer even if you go online as all of their service is outsourced out of the country. No wonder people can't find out if a technician is coming - the person you are talking to (on the phone or online) is in another country - making pennies on the dollar while we idiots in the US are paying them premium payments - and THEN SOME. I have requested copies of my bills with an explanation of what the charges are for and received nothing but copies of past bills. It is extremely frustrating to deal with this company. If you want to reach service on the phone you have to lie and say you are ordering new service to even get someone on the phone. When someone does get on the phone you are transferred around. I wish there was another choice. I wish a new company would come along that is not related to local or state governments at all. It is obvious nothing will be done about this company because they have bought the politicians and feel quite secure stealing and robbing left and right from their customers.

Contact the BBB! They will help! We the customers need to stand together and show comcast we're not going to tolerate this anymore.

Comcast in Greensburg, Pennsylvania - Fees

I just received my monthly cable payment slip. $225.00 for the triple play for $179. Confused? Right. In addition to the triple play (cable, phone and internet)there is additional "fees" for the 3 cable boxes, fees for the voice and then additional charges for "taxes , surcharges and fees". When asked what those "fees" are, I was told by Comcast its fees for my local government. That the local government decides and they get that money. Really?! So is this a kick back? To who? I was treated like I was retarded and she just kept repeating what she read off the screen. Is this being charged extra taxes - the wolf in sheeps clothing? Can someone explain this?
Review
Two of my cable boxes had been out since last Friday, so I made an appointment with Comcast to have a Technician come out and fix them the following Tuesday between 2-5pm. I left work early to be home for the appointment and no one called or came past. I have had...

Hi I'm dealing with the very same issue almost but mine getting them to hook up a line witch is already here been 2weeks now and nobody there has there *** together I have had to call everyday asking why there doing this but tommorow is supposed to b a good day there coming 3-5 yea we'll see bet I have to call again I keep missing work cuz of there *** times.and I don't understand why they have utility trucks if there not going to use it lazy as *** is all I can say.and to the person on this post I agree they have the worst service ever they deserve a golden globe for years worst service

View more comments

Comcast employee threatens me

I had a comcast employee attempt to take items from my home that were not his. When I asked him to leave items and leave my home I was threatened, yelled and cursed at. Finally he left the inside of the home but refused to leave my property. On the way out he threw the items and then slammed my door so hard it cause items to fall from wall and they broke. I had to call police. Comcast supervisor never stopped by or called. Then to top it off many weeks later I was hounded by their collection agency for the equipment that was already paid for.

HOW DO I REPORT A COMCAST TECHNICIAN WHO TRESPASSES ON MY PROPERTY????? THIS IS DANGEROUS AND RIDICULOUS AND I WOUD LIKE TO REPORT THIS *** INTERNET COMPLAINTS WHO DO I TALK TO?

TODAY I HAD A COMCAST DOOR TO DOOR SALES PERSON COME TO MY HOUSE (KEEP OUT & NO TRESPASSING SIGNS POSTED) ASKING FOR SOMEONE. I TOLD HIM NO ONE BY THAT NAME LIVED HERE & ASKED IF HE SAW THE SIGNS.

HE STATED YES BUT THAT HE WAS WORKING. I TOLD HIM THAT I WAS A PRIVATE PERSON & DID NOT LIKE TO BE DISTURBED IN THE EVENING & TOLD HIM TO LEAVE. HE TOLD ME THAT I WOULD NOT TALK TO LIKE THAT OUT ON THE STREET & THAT I HAD A PROBLEM. I SAID THAT THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAD WAS HIM ON MY PROPERTY & TO GET OFF OF IT.

HE SAID I WAS DISRESPECTING HIM. I RESPONDED BY SAYING THAT HE DISRESPECTED ME BY NOT HONORING THE SIGNS. HE WENT TO THE STREET & PUT HE THINGS DOWN & SAID "COME ON I WILL KNOCK YOU OUT" I CALLED THE POLICE & FILED A COMPLAINT W/COMCAST. AS HE WAS WALKING AWAY HE WAS CALLING MY WIFE, MOTHER & FAMILY NAMES.

NEEDLESS TO SAY THE DIPLOMACY WENT BY THE WAY SIDE. WE BOTH WERE YELLING BACK & FORTH AT EACH OTHER. NEXT TIME A COMCAST EMPLOYEE COMES TO MY DOOR I WILL MAKE SURE MY HOME PROTECTION IS CLOSE BY.

IF YOU DEAL W/THE PUBLIC & YOU GO DOOR TO DOOR IN THE EVENING BOTHERING PEOPLE DURING THEIR RELAXING HOURS, THEN YOU SHOULD BE PREPARED TO BE TOLD TO LEAVE WITHOUT SETTING A BAD EXAMPLE W/YOUR COMPANY UNIFORM ON. IF YOU CANNOT THEN GO FLIP BURGERS.

im sure the only reason that those guys are rude is because they deal with *** *** rude *** americans all *** day and it rubs off on them. =) just my opinion. You deal with rude people all day, you start to think eeryone is rude.

To the comcast tech: Unfortunately you don't have a clue what happened yet excuse the behavior by saying niccorocknroll didn't say what was done to warrent it. Well believe it or NOT comcast got the wrong info to the tech who was suppose to simply replace an existing box not take all the boxes in the house!

Thus he should simply realize there was miscommunication between him and his company and when he is asked to leave a customers house until it is cleared up he should. Not get threatening. As a comcast tech I will tell you if a person asks you to leave their house then you better simply leave.

Easy as that.. oh and by the way all the equipment the tech was trying to take had been paid in advance for.

Shelly2129

I feel bad for you. They don't have a right to slam your door, and disrespect you.

A customer service rep told me over the phone today that they get a lot of complaints about their service technicians being rude. To "comcast tech" who commented.... no customer can do anything to "warrant such a response" you obviously should be fired.

So if I yell at you, that makes it ok for you hit me or steal my property? What a *** you are.

I see at least 10 different customers a day,I must say that niccorocknroll is over exaggeratingor isn't telling what he or she did to warrant such a response

#72059

comcast doesnt sell their equipment... its a monthly rental charge.

View more comments (6)

Comcast

Well, I am pissed now. Ok , if I would have a choice I would never go with Comcast. First, I scheduled an appointment with a technician to come up and fix my not working cable 3 times, Good Lord after hours on the phone and transfering from one department to another, 3 weeks later I succeded with my 3d appointment. Yeah! Ok,now I have cable,but I am on the bulk account,so I needed a cable box for my projector TV to work upstairs. Called Comcast, orderd cable box- agreed to pay for this box $3.99, signed up for some package that they offered $9.99. Ok, everything is fine, till I receive the bill: all of what I stated earlier + $16.95 for "Other Charges". Call them again asking, what is this 17 bucks are for. The lady in Customer Service told me that this is for the box delivery. What? Nobody ever told me that they will charge for box delivery, and when i asked earlier before I got it if I can come up and get the box myself - the answer was "no", "technician has to do it". And then I guess they just stick technician's hourly salary+burdens in your bill, and call it "box delivery". How nice:)
Review

I Wish There Was Another Choice Besides Comcast!

I signed up for Comcast bundle services (phone, internet, and TV) on 8/22 via the internet. I scheduled an appointment for today (8/31/2009) between 6-8pm for installation. Today (8/31/2009) I tried to use their online chat service to make sure my appointment was still on since I haven't heard from them- but that didn't work because the guy I was chatting with (Ryan) took like 5 minutes between responses. I CALL THEM to confirm they are coming and they have no record of my order!!!! Then they tell me that the earliest they can be here is another week away!!!! The lady I was speaking with tried to pass the buck and say that I needed to talk to the internet department. She finally agreed that they can come tomorrow for installation but that will mean knocking off of work early again tomorrow and waiting for a guy to come install my services. I'm also pretty sure that she gave me some misinformation regarding my need for a modem- I told her that I have my own modem but she said I have to have one from them also- that is not correct according to their website- I guess they want to milk me for another $36 a year! I would gladly go with a satellite provider if my apartment was positioned so that i could have it! I hope the rest of my experience isn't this ***

Dude they have the NFL channel for free now, its so cool!!! Can't wait for the season to start, dude, I going for the Bears to win it all at the superbowl!

Comcast is terrible

I was sent a letter in the mail saying my "bundle promotion" was ending and that I could sign up for a 12-month offer of Digital Starter cable and Internet or accept my higher rate when my "bundle promotion" expires. When I told them we were not told we were receiving a "bundle promotion," I held for 20 minutues, then talked to Chris. Chris proceeded to tell me I was wanting a cadillac but willing to pay for a Toyota Tercel. I will evaluate alternatives to Comcast and plan to never use their services again. Spoke to Darryl and Chris.

Contact the BBB. They will help! Comcast needs to see that the CUSTOMERS are not going to stand for this *** service anymore!

I think comcast is pretty cool! They are really great now! Dude, they have the NFL channel for free now!

View more comments (1)

Comcast in Elk Grove, California - Paying for high speed and getting much less

I wonder how many people are un-aware that they may be paying for more speed than they are getting from Comcast. I've been paying for 16 mbps since June, their excuse: it must be my old computer but that didn't fly since I have a new laptop. Then said they have to repair the lines outside, but haven't done it yet and outright lied about doing it. They tell me that once it is fixed they'll credit my bill, yeah right. EVERYONE should check the speed you're getting at http://www.speedtest.net and find out what speed you are paying for. The speeds that I know of are 6, 10 and 16 mbps. Then call every day to complain, and now I'm writing complaints to every authority I can find that will listen. Comcast has my area blocked off to other ISP's that I can provid better speed and service…how the *** is that legal?

@mulch, you fail at trolling

Back to the topic at hand, its already a well established fact that comcast throttles their connections. You are never going to get the advertised speed.

Ironworker

I too have the same situation with this internet carrier. Everyone should contact there state consumer complaint depts and better business bureaus.

Yet another (l)user trying to use techie speak to *** and..........wait for it................................................................................................................................................it's coming................................................................................................FAILS COMPLETLY!

Are you talking about (X)DSL, cabel or what? Have you ever heard of network protocols? Do you know what a shared node is? Have you ever read or heard the phrase up to...?

Your new "laptop" Which OS are you running? Do you have IPSECV6 active? Does your local ISP support this? I'm willing to bet a months pay that you have a "router" and you configured it yerself.

*** *** people please turn off your PC and go out and play. Leave the complicated stuff to people who understand these things a lot better.

View more comments (2)