Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast=Sh*t

I've been without cable for a week!! I Wednesday, made an appointment for Friday (I'm a home stay mom), placed a note on my door asking them to knock hard that I was home and produced my phone #, waited whole day and finally got a call at 4PM saying they were at my home at 3:20 but none was home...I was like WTF?...ok maybe was an honest mistake, let's reschedule! I rescheduled for Saturday (Whole day appointment) so, did the same...placed a note on my door, none called or showed up! when I called them that evening, they told me someone came by and none was home!! I cannot curse here...but that's what I feel like doing...***ing lying bastards!...I was like disconnect the *** service, the lady was like well is weekend and I'm an operator, you will have to call Monday! So I've been on the phone for 34 minutes! to disconnect my services...the guy was like...Why do you want to disc. your serv.?...LOL you got to be kidding me!! Anyways I disconnected, I will not pay a dime of my hard work money to this lying bastards!

i believe there is something wrong with comcast. i suspect (ONLY MY OPINION), Comcast is about to go Adelphia's way, a competitor that went defunct because of management irregularities.

today i wrote a letter to government officials and I will ask the justice department to halt their merger with NBC. I found the company has problems at every level including customer relations, pricing, equipment, management and installations. please write to me at can1z-at-aim.com.

Review

Comcast in Waltham, Massachusetts - Cable Service Is Horrible- When You Call - On Hold Over and Over Again

Our cable boxes auto reset themselves time and time again..Comcast calls it crazy 8's...anyhoooo, when we call they put us through a long hold (Tonight we are still on hold and it has been 17 minutes so far.) and then put us to the techs who put us through the reset process (OK - we have this part down.)and then they say they have to have someone out and they give you windows of time and ask you to stand by your phone (If you don;t answer they cancel the service....) At any rate - the person came out - they fixed it and now it still does not work ....they charge you whether it works or not - they do not care if they take your time. Do not get comcast no matter what they promise you - the service is terrible, the delivery is terrible and they will threaten you over and over again if you want to cancel the service.

Comcast Is A Giant That Must Be Brought Down

I have complained about this monster for years now. Obviously it makes no difference to them. Accepting the fact that we are individually not powerful enough to make a difference, but collectively we can. As my 7 year old daughter said. Mommy stop fighting with them - why don't you just pull out the plug and make it all go away. This idean is gaining momentum and all should join. Hit the b****rds where it hurts. In their NASDAQ pockets. Without the customers -- there is no comcast. Power to the people! March 13, 2010 is "National Pull the Plug on Comcast Day" Solidarity means strength in numbers.

I want to hear your story. Thank you

I'm pretty convinced that Comcast is the devil! It's not like it was one bad experience, it's more like 50.

The 1st time I was a Comcast customer was okay, not great but okay, as in nothing compared to the 2nd time. The first time I cancelled they gave me such a hard time about returning the equipment, which I did promptly. However, according to them I didn't and they kept sending me bills for a couple hundred dollars every 3-6 months AFTER i returned equipment. Everytime I called they said "no, you returned it and you are all set" but then a few months later collection notice. Long story short took about a year to clear this mess up. BTW this exact same scenario happen to one of my best friends as well.

This time, oh Lord, I cancelled in June b/c I moved out of the residence. Comcast kept billing me for the next 4 mos regardless of me calling, "fixing" the problem and Comcast telling me "oh, sorry miss ***, I took care of it for you". Then the last time they took money out of my checking account was for 3x as much as the other times (b/c the new residents upgraded their package, lucky me but really lucky them, shooot). BTW i had been (unwillingly/unknowingly) paying for the new residents cable that moved in since June. This time I was irrate I called and EVENTUALLY Comcast ended up agreeing to issuing me a check for 1/3 the total Comcast took from me since June. Comcast sent me a check, which I didnt deposit right away (maybe a week later) then sent me another within a week. Both checks came for the exact same amount to my current address. I deposited the first one and was going to throw 2nd check away since I figured it was a mistake. Comcast turns around and cancels 1st check after I deposit causing a $20 returned check fee from my credit union. Now, Im REALLY mad!!!! Comcast is saying I CALLED to say 1st check was going to wrong address....heeellllloooo they both were sent to my current address and I NEVER called and how would I even know it was going to wrong address. It's not like Comcast provided me with a tracking number for the checks. How was I supposed to know they were going to send two (their mistake)?? SO, this is where I'm at right now. Comcast "cannot guarantee we will be able to reimburse the $20".

This mistake was not mine to begin with. All I'm asking for is for Comcast to make things halfway right, which clearly is like pulling teeth. FYI: Every single time I talk to somebody, they have NO IDEA what's going on (I'm like welcome to my life), they make promises and NEVER follow through and ALWAYS say someone will call me back which NEVER happens!!!!!!!!! Even when I say "nobody EVER calls me back" &, of course, Comast responds with, "someone will for sure call you", it NEVER HAPPENED not even once. I have called @ least 30x and they have never called me back once. One time a so-called manager gave me his personal line and promised to call back, never did and when i called him I left probably 10 VM's and still NOTHING!!!

I have NEVER been treated so poorly and been so disgusted with a company. I will never Obviously be a Comcast customer again and I tell every person I know not to do it as well. Because even though you think you got away clean when you cancel, it's far from over. I swear if I had the time I would spend my full days posting negative comments, blogs etc.

I will never have anything good to say about Comcast & I make it known how terrible they treat their customers. They do not deserve to be Successful!!! They are simply terrible.

View more comments (1)
Review

Comcast in Miami, Florida - They promised a $20 credit for a missed app. and did not give it

I didn't have phone service for 2 weeks and the cable or internet were real bad. I called to schedule a tech to come out, tehy never came i called they told me they would give me a $20 credit and then did not. Such liers...first they don't give good service and then tey don't even give the credits they promised What a shame that they charge for such expensive ervice and then thy don't even deliiver what they promise. I hope I can find a better company soonmn and take my business elsewhere, they don't care.
#201896

I am currently waiting for Comcast to show up for the third time. The first time, they showed up with the wrong equipment.

They did not even bother to show up or call the second time. They are currently a half hour late on their third visit and for all this, I have been told I will receive three twenty dollar credits. We will see if I get it. The messed up thing is, all I want to do is upgrade my service!!.

Get it? I want to spend more money, and they wont let me!.

They are liars. If they just said, we cant get to you for a month, I would have gladly waited a month.

But to have me sit around on three different occasions is ridiculous.

They are either ***, incompetent, or just indifferent. I truly believe the dumbest people in the world go to work for Comcast.

After I put in a request to cancel my phone and give me a double play due to my bill getting higher' a rep said they would give me the triple for $109 for the next 12 months and would credit my current bill $50. Fast foward to today' I paid my "new" ballance but the system says that I owe $50.

I called back and they said a credit was never placed on the account.

THEY LIED TO ME. Now my budjet is F'd up.

I want to hear your story. Thank you

March 13, 2010 is National "PULL THE PLUG ON CAMCAST" Day!

They know they are powerful and untouchable. But consumers have power in a very simple way. My daughter who is 7 said "mommy just pull out the plug and make them go away forever" Talk about out of the mouths of babes.

HISTORY

I have been trying to get COMCAST to reimburse me for their *** contractor who tried to bury cable in my ornamental flower garden which carried low voltage wiring to an outdoor deck. He blew out my electrical outlet that the wire was plugged into and when I told him to leave it alone, he reconnected it, causing a surge which blew out a HD tv, refrigerator, wireless router and worst of all my entire basement electrical system.

View more comments (3)

Comcast sucks

Comcast advertises that its internet service is faster than DSL. What Comast won't tell you is that the service is totally unreliable. When I switched to it I had two service outages of about three hours each and then lost service for two days. When I called, I was told Comcast was working on it. I switched back to DSL after a month. And then try to go to the company website to find out what's on. Three out of five times it doesn't work. What a horrible company. And to think we pay for this sort of lying and abuse. The company is good, though, at co-opting the local officials who "oversee" the franchisee. Municipalities are given their own broadcast channel, and far be it from the *** mayors and city councilors to pull the Comcast plug. No matter the abuses endured by their constituents, the politicians want to keep their mugs on the non-viewed broadcast channel. What a joke.

Comcast internet..

First time trying service. Called to get internet and TV hook up. The comcast install guy comes out and hooks up everything except he didn't have the cable for my computer seeing as it runs off of my dad's which is the main computer. So he tells my dad that he can come back later that week to hook it up. Mind you I've been without internet for almost a week because we have moved into a new home. So instead of waiting, my dad got what was needed and we were able to hook up my computer. Good thing we did, because the guy never did come back. Now however, I've tried the service and honestly I have to say it sucks. I'm going to be switching back to AT&T when I get the chance. Comcast you suck. You're service not only internet but TV as well bites. I got my channels using DirectTV and I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg. Eighty bucks a month for both services seems to be a deal until you see how little you get. Sad really, I was hoping for a better deal. Next time I'll learn.

COMCAST...Seriously? You're serious?

I started with Comcast in Aug of 2009. Initially I ordered a DVR box for the living room, and a regular box for my daughter's room. The technician shows up at about 8PM and informs me that there is no cable connection in my daughter's room. I told him to take the box back, leaving the main one was fine. Three months later when $300 of *** charges show up on my bill, from one of the TWO boxes I'm being billed for, I call Comcast. It's been over 3 months and the fee for the non-existent box, plus the movies ordered from that box is still on my bill. I get fed up after speaking with customer service reps, their managers and the managers manangers and cancel the service. I was then called and told that they were reversing these charges; AFTER I cancel service. In the meantime, I get a $1,000 + bill for the past due *** charges, the dvr box and remote I have yet to drop off, but plan to and the box and remote I never had in the first place. I may have gone back after they reversed charges, but the fact that they could not get it together on the final bill infuriates me. I can't get a dish signal and ATT uverse is not offered where I live. I'm so screwed. Any brilliant ideas other than converter box and rabbit ears???

i believe there is something wrong with comcast. i suspect (ONLY MY OPINION), Comcast is about to go Adelphia's way, a competitor that went bankrupt because of management irregularities.

I want to hear your story. Thank you

We have got to be crazy if we thing these posts will do anything. National Pull the Plug on Comcast Day is 3/13/10 - it's the co-founder's 90th birthday. Let the feel it where it hurts -- in the pocket.

We can complain until we are blue in the face. Comcast knows it does not have to do anything.

They have racked up over $4k in property damage caused by a contractor. I plan to do pull my comcast plug on March 13, 2010 (co-founder's 90th birth).

We had the same problems with Comcast for many years... $200 + per month!

Horible customer service... many complaints etc. Couldn't get the ATT Uverse thing either because it's not available yet. We had Dish Network come out and they said they couldn't get a signal.

We then tried Direct TV and they got a signal.

I think we lucked out and found a serviceman who was willing to actually "try". We cancelled Comcast immediately and haven't had a problem since.

Try Verizon. They've gotta at least be somewhat better than Comcast.

View more comments (4)

Comcast in Leesburg, Virginia - Not true to their word

I called Comcast in October 2009, had my services installed on October 21st which was a complete nightmare. The first guy could not locate the cable box for installation. He was there 30 mins and said he'd return the following day. no show, no call. After about 5 contractors got services up and running towards the end of November. I got an enormous bill that I wasn't expecting in January which was rec'd late. called on Jan 4th and made arrangements to pay on the 15th. Returned from work on the 6th. Disconnected all 3 services. Mad
Review

Comcast - what local news?

Comcast claims their big sell is the local news. But they recently took away my local news (DC) and give me only Baltimore news. I need DC news. Baltimore news is useless to me. I need to know the status of the federal government, if the metro is running, the weather where I live (Southern Anne Arundel), events in the entire DC area, etc. I never go anywhere near Baltimore. I have always disliked Comcast because of the crummy channel lineup for basic/basic plus and because I pay for many many channels that I don't watch and because I received nasty treatment once when I moved (they insisted that I bought a house and moved just so I could conspire with the previous owner to cheat them out of about $100), but this is the final staw.

Poor comcast service

Comcast internet has been unrealiable and repair servies takes at least 5 days. several times per month i have to get help reseting a router or some other thing that that requires more than cycling the power on the router. I have to make about 5 calls per month at least. each takes about 1/2 hour between phone tree messages and wait times. then there is the 5 day repair response. If i had an option i would take it in a minute. I only subscribe to basic cable and internet because i refuse to send them additional business to them.

I seriously doubt Comcast will ever get it together...they just don't care. We cancelled our service after many years and went to Direct TV.

You have to watch your bills with Direct TV but the service part is so much better than Comcast. All Comcast had to do was to fix the lines properly after Hurricane Ike but they wouldn't listen.

I've heard good things about ATT Uverse too but it's not available to us.... yet.

Switching back to Direct TV and AT@T for internet. I'm so sick of comcast's b.s., it's no longer even funny.

Shaq should be ashamed for doing commericals for this company. Shaq may got your back but Comcast isn't no where to be found.

#102003

Try Direct TV Great!!! Over 150 channels and quick installations. U can even find them in best buy:-)

:( i have had comcast for awhile and to no avail it sucks, they always say its me in my neighborhood....about 10 houses on the street and they are older ..all cables are buried and my real problem arises when heavy rains set it ...or on this case ..melting snow.. sends service to heck ...im sure its prob as simple as pulling new cable for the 10 houses ...but they refuse after several complaints from not only i but the others on the block

get it together comcast NOW!!!!

View more comments (3)