Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast in Novato, California - Cable boxes

I am very dissatisfied with com cast cable because they all lie in order to make their Quota's. I see why they are laying off all the employees and going over seas. You do have to lie to get things done that is no way to run a business. I have to have cable but if I did not have to have cable I wouldn't, It stinks to high heaven.The repersenatives are rude and nasty and I am not taking it from anybody. Plus you ask for a supervisor and they put their team mate on the telephone. This has to stop.

I have a 1080P DLP tv, the cable box(HD cable box) only broadcasts in 1080i. Is there such a thing as a 1080P cable box, anywhere?

Comcast in Rockford, Illinois - Terrible and incompetent billing services

Over the years I have subscribed to five different cable companies at different home locations but have never run into such incompetence and arrogance as found at Comcast. On two different occasions they have billed me for four months of service though I sent them copies of cashed checks and money orders for each month. They simply ignored the proof and kept billing me. The first time it happened I finally wrote to the CEO of Comcast with copies to the local office. The next time, I wrote to the franchising authority, the local city commission. Both matters were finally straightened out but not without a lot of effort and frustration on my part and no thanks to Comcast itself. A suggestion: Comcast is now in negotiations to buy NBC which, unlike cable networks, comes under the authority of the Federal Communications Commission. If they get NBC it will become as #@%&ed up as Comcast itself is. Please write the FCC and urge that the sale to Comcast not be permitted, and send copies to both of your state's U.S. Senators. Comcast does not deserve to be rewarded with a broadcast network that airs its programs on wavelengths that belong to the people, not to Comcast.

Comcast is the worst and seems like a monopoly to me. I am not able to get anything else but DirectTV.

I switched to Comcast for one of their bundle deals but it is not worth it.

I paid $457.53 on 1/21/10 which brought my account up to current yet they shut off my service today 1/27/10. The best part is that I cannot get through to regular customer service (just the payment center) who cannot access my account because they do not have my SS#.

Called Comcast to inquire about increases on future bills. Was told that future bills would not increase my rates would stay the same.

Not true! January bill came and it is $29.00 higher with taxes of course. I called and ask that they keep my bill the lower rate and they refused. Said there was nothing they could do.

I would think to keep a customer they would work with you. They won't. I will be switching to something else.

Bundle service is not a value with Comcast!! :(

Review

COMCAST is so bad in so many ways ....

Um, where do I begin. This is the fifth forced interaction with them at my new location. They have, I dunno, this sounds like a rant and, well, it is, how the *** do they....ugh....LONG LIVE I dunno Dish Network or Satellite TV or Fios or ANYTHING BUT THOSE MOTHERS at COMCAST! WHAT ***. Uh, I just have older analog tvs and well, actually, I am just typing at this point to achieve minimum word count for this page. Comcast should not exist in a healthy competitive environment, I do not get it. I hate them with all my heart....

it took me a day and a service call to my house for them realize they has cut on my tv when I asked them to drop the expensive internet service (I switched to fios). Not surprised they are so expensive; they sent someone out to fix something they could have worked out by looking at my account.

COMCAST

I close my business a year ago and COMCAST instead of cancelling the contract, due to the fact that the business does not exists anymore. They made me transfer the service to my house, which doesnt make sense. the contract was on my business, and I have to pay as if it was a business in my house service. I tried to talk to them explainning that THE BUSINESS IS CLOSED, and nobody seems to care, they promise to call me back in 24 hrs. it never happen. Is as If I was speaking only with computers. no common sense
Review
I went on Nov 20th and paid 200.00 down on my bill and comcast promised to leave my service on until I could pay the balance 1 week later. The customer service rep sent an e-mail to the supervisor to confirm. 3 days later, they cut off my service and when I called I...
#1197171

Yep, they need to offer some

Kind of payment plan. Verizon is like the Comcast for cell service and they even offer a plan.

Life happens and people lose jobs or have bad months.

If a company will work with you, they'll have you for life. Even paying $50-$100 more each month till caught up will gaurentee them their money.

View more comments
Review

Comcast is the worst company in the world

Hello, I no longer have a Comcast account number because I've left and never looked back. I did, however, want to tell my story. I find it really sad that this company operates like this and it requires a blog that they don't even operate to potentially get things done. I have never received such shoddy and incompete customer service in my entire life. My husband and I moved to Maryland about 5 years ago and arranged to have Comcast come to the house to set up the cable and internet service. The previous owners already had Comcast and we didn't want any additional service, just switching it into our name and delivery of our digital box so we could order the occasional pay per view. SIX WEEKS later, 8 appointments (with 8 hour windows - thank goodness I had not started my job yet), we finally got our cable hooked up. Comcast would schedule an appt, I would wait patiently and no one would show up. One Sunday, I was given a 12-8 window. Comcast strung me along until midnight telling me the Tech was in the neighborhood, but got behind. Finally after calling every 15 minutes, an honest customer service tech told me that no one was out any more and I had been lied to repeatedly throughout the evening. No one would ever come to my house that late at night. At that point, I was so desperate to just get service, I would have let them come at 3 am. Depending on the customer service person that answered the phone was the dictator of what type of customer service I got. I requested repeatedly that supervisors call me and that was a real shot in the dark. I went as far up the line as I could because I was so angry I could barely see straight. Unfortunately, my house had so many trees around it, a dish was not an option. I had three pages of log notes for every time I called. Throughout the ordeal, Comcast gave me about $250 in service credits, but still could not get the tech to my house. The next to the last appointment they set for me the tech didn't show. When I called to complain, the customer service rep told me that the technician was at my house and no one came to the door. I knew that was a lie because not only did I sit for the 8 hours on my couch reading a novel, I have two seriously large dogs that tell me if someone is walking within 10 feet of my property line. The customer service rep said the technician described my white door (which was not uncommon in my neighborhood) and I didn't answer the door. After six weeks of trying to give these people my money for a service, they had the temerity to accuse me of yanking THEM around. The insinuation was that somehow I enjoyed wasting approximately 60 hours over six weeks just so I could screw them out of service credits for a service I wasn't getting, I guess. I was astounded. The next appt that was set, the tech finally showed, albeit 2 hours late. I found out he was actually a contractor and a very honest customer service rep told me that they have problems all the time controlling their contractors. The tech couldn't figure out why my brand new digital box wasn't working, he had some serious hygiene issues and could barely speak English. I was horrified and as a woman home alone with this person, I was nervous. Over the next week, we had 3 addtl techs (1 contractor and 2 actual Comcast employees) come to my house to try and fix the digital box. I finally screamed and yelled so loud, they just replaced it. From that point on, my service was fine. If I am ever in a Comcast area again, I will go without cable then to ever do business with them again. My suggestion to anyone looking at Comcast is to run in the other direction. Get bunny ears or a dish. It will save you a lot of pain.
#199728

*** comcast so expensive yet not

working :(

I'm having problems with Comcast as well. The screen goes black, with sound, for up to five hours.

Finally scheduled a technician who came out and fooled around until it worked. Then it went out again. Another technician came out and replaced the box. Same problems.

Called for another tech. While I was talking to the csr, I asked what would happen when my $60.00 monthly package special was up. She told me that it would go up to over $100.00. She "couldn't" help me with any information regarding what other programs were available without adding the phone service to my cable.

Next technician told me I was turning it on wrong. Yee, gads!!

Is anyone in Northern California aware of programs for senior citizens or whatever happened to "Basic" service?

It seems that the digital signal means that you have to have more channels than before ... and pay for them, too.

Fully agree....everytime I had to deal with Comcast, I had a bad experience.

Especially be aware of Comcast.Specials, some through third party sites like Bridgevine, most are a scam

Dave, thanks for your comment, but $250 dollars in credits did not in any way credit me for the amount of time over 6 weeks I spent waiting for the service tech only to be accused of trying to milk the company for credits. It would be different if AFTER they gave me the credits, they tried to make it right, but they didn't and they don't. I still ahd to fight to get my service connected.

Thanks for your input, Rebopine, but the fact that there is a website called Comcast must die with hundreds of similar stories tells me it's a regular customer experience.

I agree with rebopine, your experience sucked, but fact of the matter is, they credited you for the problem, you said yourself over 250$. That sucks but at least they admitted the mistake and gave you due credit. and the contractor, Comcast cannot hire enough people, even in this economy they are constantly hiring technicians and cant keep enough available.

shut up. people can complain about whatever theyd like.

no one asked for your approval. comcast bites.

end of story. :p

This isa typical Customer complaint! I just got off the phone with Comcast about the fact that their contractor came out and instead of giving me a DVR, like I asked for, gave me an HD box.

Here's the kicker, he hooked it up to a TV that is not even close to being HD. It's my bedroom TV and is the old style tube kind!!! After calling Comcast to find out why I couldn't record, she tells me she will send a tech out tommorrow sometime to replace the box and that usually costs $40, but she, out of the goodness of her heart will do it fo rfree. LMAO.

I am moving into a condo and had no choice but to get rid of my dish. I've only had Comcast for 3 hours and I am missing my dish already!!!

Too bad about your experience. My two cents, this sounds like a isolated incident or a rare happening at least.

I've been a Comcast customer for over 10 years and never had a single issue with the service or support. I understand that you are upset and wanted to vent, but you should probably check to see if this is a "regular customer experience" before you start crying out for a boycott.

View more comments (8)

Comcast Screwing MA Customers Maybe More

Just a heads up to Comcast customers at least in MA, and maybe in other regions as well. 6 months ago I switched to limited basic cable (channels 1-20) from extended basic cable (1-99). Our bill went down, but the channels we had access to remained the same (1-99). At first I was pleased because I was getting the same channels for less. But then I called Comcast and got pissed. It turns out that until the recent Tru2Way digital conversion, they could not tell what channels limited basic and extended basic subscribers were getting so they allowed both groups of subscribers to access 1-99 (the extended basic lineup). What this means is that when I was paying for extended basic cable, I was getting the exact same channels as someone paying for limited basic. I'm not sure for how long Comcast could not tell which subscribers were getting what channels but the way I see it, unless I switched to limited basic on the exact day they stopped being able to tell who was getting what channels, they owe me the difference between a limited basic and extended basic subscription for every month that they couldn't tell. We connect without a cable box and I'm not sure whether this applies to people with boxes or even with other subscription levels. I'm pretty furious.

I am a former employee of Comcast and when you switch from expanded basic to limited basic a tech is supposed to come out and place a trap on your line so that you are unable to receive channels above 20 but the techs are lazy and just got out to eat or something while there supposed to be doing there jobs. We raise prices every year we take away channels and charge you more to get them back and blame it all on digital conversion and the FCC when it is really comcasts doing. We overcharge for everything is it really worth it...Well On Demand is great I do give them that.

8 years ago I complained to Comcast that the basic cable out here in California was only offering the local news and that CNN & Fox News was not being offered. THERE WAS NOT A BALANCED NEWS REPORT OFFERED.

After several phone calls and several threats to the FCC and a meeting with the FCC representative, Comcast gave me the extended basic service for the same price as basic.A $40 per month cost difference.A 200% difference.

Everything was fine till 5 weeks ago, without notice I am back on the basic service. Comcast now has refused to bring me back to the extended basic unless I cough up another $40 per month more. I have checked with the FCC, our Sate of California PUC and now I am dealing with our local City that collects the franchise fee from Comcast. The FCC & the State Public Utilites claim this is not their problem.

Any suggestions on how to put balance back to the cable industry would be appreciated. In the meantime I plan to push every button i know to correct this divisive way to offer the news.

Review

Comcast Technical Service Sucks!

We came home on a Monday to find ALL three products down...the phone, the cable & Internet! We called and were told that there was trouble in the area. Tuesday...still NOTHING, were told they would send someone out on Wednesday...BUT no one came. Called back and was on cell phone almost an hour wating for resolve...still NOTHING. Called again today (Thursday) and was told we had an appointment from 11-2 and was NOT called to tell us of this! If they do not resove this today, we will QUIT Comcast and we have two accounts! Darlene A. Martinez/Pissed Customer of 9 years.

Why do everyone want to place blame in each and every situation?

Ms. Martinez wanted what she pays for. Someone dropped the ball, passed the buck or however you want to put it. Either way it goes she received the runaround.

And as far as you go, Tech, I understand wanting to defend the company you work for, but put yourself in her shoes. Oh yeah. You probably have been in her shoes. Having to wait until someone tell the truth about a situation.

The only thing an customer really wants in a difficult situation is to be told the truth.

Then in the end it wasn't the fault of Comcast. Also, jobs are routed to techs days in advance.

You were gotten to as quickly as possible. Until a tech comes out a csr can only speculate at best, and at times are not given the reason why even in an outage situation. No one lied to you on purpose, nor hid anything.

The tech found the prolem and fixed it, and again, the problem was not fully known to anyone until they -the tech- came out. Instead of complaining about having nothing, you should have looked at what you did have.

It was not a car hitting a pole, a natuural disaster or any such thing! When the Tech FINALLY came out, he said the line had been deliberately cut, probably from someone on the inside.

It took four (4) days and a different reason each day before we were told the REAL truth! Patience is a virture, so is TRUTHFULNESS!!!

Happy Holidays. Dam

It is called an outage and at times it may take a few days to get things back up and running. Especially if there has been a large disaster, or if a pole has been taken down by a tree falling or automobile accident. Wake up and have some patience.

View more comments (3)

Comcast screws up again

In September, I closed on the purchase of a new home. Once I had the date the deed would record, I started moving my utility accounts over. Gas, electricity- no problem. I called Comcast, they had an estimated wait time of more than 10 minutes. So I log in to their web chat- hey I can adapt, not a big deal. The technician I get seems to understand the request... transfer my existing service from address A to address B. We go through my account options for tv, phone (which really I only keep for emergencies and never use) and internet and I am waiting on the install date. Suddenly I lose connection with her. I try a few other sites, I have no connection to the internet at all on my laptop. I try my desktop computer, same deal. I reboot the router and modem- same problem. I pick up my home phone to call- no dial tone. I check the tv- no cable. So I call in using my cell phone- apparently the agent terminated my service instead of initiating a transfer. Ok, this sucks but *** happens, turn it back on please, I'm not moving for 10 days. "Oh we'll have to schedule an appointment to turn it on". Say what? You can flip a switch to turn it off but you can't flip one to turn it back on? He puts me on hold for a while and when he comes back he says he will have someone call me back with a resolution within 3 hours. Um ok. I explain the fact that my schooling is online so I HAVE to have internet and I have a 3 year old so I HAVE to have a land line at least for emergencies. He says he understands and he'll research it. Meanwhile, I had friends coming over for dinner so when the TV came on an hour later, I figured all was well even if I didn't receive a call back. A call back with an explanation would have been nice but the important thing was to have my service restored. They leave around 9, I go to get some homework done, no internet. I go to pick up the phone, no dial tone. So I call back in. I request to talk to a supervisor right away, this is getting ridiculous. Supervisor agrees that comcast screwed up but there is nothing he can do until the following morning because the internet department is closed. I go a little customer suck here and tell him to figure something else out because this is ***. He puts me on hold for about 10 minutes and comes back and tells me to reboot the EMTA (modem). I do and and after the 5th reboot, I have internet and phone again. Sweet! I still need that pesky installation appointment. He manages to get someone out that Saturday (2 days later) and while it screwed up the moving plans a bit, I agreed to it and moved that weekend instead of the following one. The Tuesday after the installation I have Brinks out to install a security system. The phone and the alarm won't sync. Hmmm... call the house phone from my cell. No ringing. Call my cell from the house phone- won't go through. Call comcast, they don't show my account having an activated phone line and will have to send someone out too because the EMTA isn't seeing the phone at all. The next day comcast arrives, when the first tech was there he ran the wiring wrong for the phone line. Oh and aparently the EMTA was going bad. Hmmm- ok. I ask him if he can take the HD DVR I have for them as well because I have no HD tv and have a standard DVR that was installed the few days prior. Sure he says and I get a receipt. They switch it out, Brinks comes back out, all is well in the world I think. Fast forward 2 weeks, I get a bill for nearly double the usual amount. I've been charged for the initial installation ($50) and for the "trouble call" ($27.99) that was due to the problems with the install. Also all my services are charged at individual prices instead of the bundled price. I call in, get the $77.99 credited, get the bundled price and pay my bill. The next day I get a call saying I will be charged up to $500 if I do not return the HD DVR device I am not using. The one the tech took with him. I call in and give them the invoice number of the receipt. These calls come in every other day for almost 2 weeks before I tell the last person that called I would go for harassment charges if they didn't cease and desist. The following month's bill comes, I've been charged again the monthly fee for having a HD DVR ($9.99). I went to sign into my comcast bill pay account and hey, it doesn't work. So I call in again... when the account was terminated, it also terminated the comcast.net email account I had (and didn't use) and my ability to sign into comcast.com and pay/view my bill. What is the account username you set up? Um... I didn't. I didn't even know one was set up. He tells me the username. Its the first 4 letters of my first name a - and the first 4 letters of my last name. Yeah.... not something I set up. We get that straightened out. They can't figure out why I am being billed for an HD DVR but sure I can have a credit for this month only. What? What about the previous month?? Oh I should have called in. I about lost it at that point. I shouldn't need to call in to have them fix billing issues every month. I am sorry that I missed 1 out of the 4 billing issues especially given the dollar amounts of the other ones compared to this one. A manager finally comes on the line, we go through all of the remaining issues one by one. After an hour long call, I ask him, can you tell me why I should keep comcast? He goes on for almost 5 minutes about how they strive to give their customers great experiences and obviously this one wasn't but really they do try and all this information will prevent other customers from going through the same thing and blah blah blah. Oh and I am getting a GREAT deal on my service. I check their site, the same package I have now is being offered for $35 less a month for new customers. I ask him to reduce my price to the new customer rate, he tells me he can't but he'll research their deals and call me on Thursday. Anyone want to put money on whether they will call or not?

Comcast doesnt care about you or anybody else so get used to there lies

We switched from AT&T to Comcast in May 2009 to take advantage of the internet/cable/phone package. I thought we could save some $$ every month.

January 2010 our security guy came over to do the alarm annual maintenance and realized that our phone has been disconnected with the alarm system and he asked if we ever switched our phone system. yes, we switched to Comcast.

Comcast, the big brother, takes their phone line as the first priority and disconnects every thing else that needs the phone with including the critical alarm system. So that means, if someone breaks in to our house, the alarm goes off but the security office and the police station will not get a warning because there is no connection between our alarm system and the phone system. Got it?

I called Comcast customer service and they didn't get it. I asked for reimbursement of our monthly alarm system fee from May 2009 to Jan 2010 because their technician disconnected our alarm system with the phone without telling us, or even asking if we do have an alarm system that was connected with our phone. Comcast asked us to provide documentation that our alarm system wasn't working for the past 9 months. Comcast asked us to proof that our Comcast phone has not been connected with our alarm system for the past 9 months. Comcast asked us to provide explanation that their technician disconnected our phone system with our alarm system.

What kind of company is that asking their customers to do all the jobs when THEIR technician didn't do the right job, and when THEY are supposed to provide the documentation on what THEIR technician had done to our alarm system.

This is the big brother mentality that their customers have to do all the work to proof that they are wrong.

They better pay for the reimbursement otherwise I am suing Comcast. Big time.

said_by_me

Comcast has since contacted me and made the situation satisfactory.

View more comments (2)

Comcast Cable

I've been a comcast customer for over 20 years, added the bundle a year ago, phone, & internet, and have been over billed each and every month. Called to correct for the first 10 months, spent time on the phone, and then said enough of calling each month to pay correct amount, and now I have a outstanding balance of $75 that is wrong. They will not do anything to correct, or make right. Very bad customer relations, they should make it right and keep good customer, who pays alot every month for their services. Tried to correct several times, but to no avail.

Comcast sucks

This is so true! Comcast advertises this bundle then has other hidden fee's.

So you're paying the regular price anyways.

If you have documentation that the billing has been wrong, contact the better business bureau. They WILL help you.

Review
#162041 Review #162041 is a subjective opinion of poster.