Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast - what local news?

Comcast claims their big sell is the local news. But they recently took away my local news (DC) and give me only Baltimore news. I need DC news. Baltimore news is useless to me. I need to know the status of the federal government, if the metro is running, the weather where I live (Southern Anne Arundel), events in the entire DC area, etc. I never go anywhere near Baltimore. I have always disliked Comcast because of the crummy channel lineup for basic/basic plus and because I pay for many many channels that I don't watch and because I received nasty treatment once when I moved (they insisted that I bought a house and moved just so I could conspire with the previous owner to cheat them out of about $100), but this is the final staw.

Poor comcast service

Comcast internet has been unrealiable and repair servies takes at least 5 days. several times per month i have to get help reseting a router or some other thing that that requires more than cycling the power on the router. I have to make about 5 calls per month at least. each takes about 1/2 hour between phone tree messages and wait times. then there is the 5 day repair response. If i had an option i would take it in a minute. I only subscribe to basic cable and internet because i refuse to send them additional business to them.

I seriously doubt Comcast will ever get it together...they just don't care. We cancelled our service after many years and went to Direct TV.

You have to watch your bills with Direct TV but the service part is so much better than Comcast. All Comcast had to do was to fix the lines properly after Hurricane Ike but they wouldn't listen.

I've heard good things about ATT Uverse too but it's not available to us.... yet.

Switching back to Direct TV and AT@T for internet. I'm so sick of comcast's b.s., it's no longer even funny.

Shaq should be ashamed for doing commericals for this company. Shaq may got your back but Comcast isn't no where to be found.

#102003

Try Direct TV Great!!! Over 150 channels and quick installations. U can even find them in best buy:-)

:( i have had comcast for awhile and to no avail it sucks, they always say its me in my neighborhood....about 10 houses on the street and they are older ..all cables are buried and my real problem arises when heavy rains set it ...or on this case ..melting snow.. sends service to heck ...im sure its prob as simple as pulling new cable for the 10 houses ...but they refuse after several complaints from not only i but the others on the block

get it together comcast NOW!!!!

View more comments (3)
Loss

Comcast in Detroit, Michigan - Company charged me for an cable box that was returned to technician.

To whom it may concern I ordered comcast service when I moved in my first apartment. I only had one box when i moved in a house the cable box was no good for the area. When I had my service transferred I gave the one cable box to the technician when he came and installed my other boxes. He gave me a receipt stating he took the box and two weeks later I received a letter stating I owe money for a box I returned. I been trying to get this matter resoved for a year. I took the receipt in the comcast office and talked to customer service numerous times.Can someone please help me its on my credit report now and its deeply affecting my credit. Sincerly Christopher Moore (313)633-8180

Chris I am having the same issue as well. I don't know who to contact and it is REALLY affecting my credit as well.

I think I will have to call the better Business Bureau.

Loss

Comcast in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Called and cancelled my service, and they refuse to cancel it!

A few weeks ago I called Comcast and cancelled my service to go with another company. They still won't cancel it. Each time I call in to check on the status of my cancellation they keep telling me that "my account" is under review and they'll call me when they know something. Excuse me? Under review for what? CANCEL MY ACCOUNT *** I am sure they are going to keep charging me for their service even though I cancelled and am not even using it. Well they can send it to collections because I'm not paying for something that was cancelled a month ago. Jerks!! They have a chip on their shoulder because I switched providers. Why else would they keep delaying this? How hard is it? Just cancel my service!!

Comcast = Scrooge!

I pay so much for my digital HD Comcast cable. I love the holiday season, I would actually like to enjoy a Christmas movie ON DEMAND without having to pay money for an "old" movie. Every channel that has any content "ON DEMAND" is not carrying any Christmas movies, they have all been moved to the main Comcast at $2.99 I'm sorry Comcast, I pay good money and should be able to enjoy the Christmas movies for free, I pay good money for HBO, why are you not letting them put Christmas movies "ON Demand", I'm getting so sick of these large companies always grabbing for more money. I hate you Comcast...I hate you, and will be going to AT&T.

Comcast is getting away with it! Incredible that they alone have seasonal flicks for a fee.

Why isn't the "biggies" HBO Showtine' TNT you get the idea' not showing any Christmas movies?

What's going on? :(

exactly!!

of the christmas movies and specials we had to pay for although our bill is incredibly high!

These should have been included!

Comcast is a SOLID RIPOFF!!!!!

:( cannot beleive how much cable cost's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! comcast always knocks down satalite!!??

were in the *** do you think there digital signal comes from?????? if you drive by any comcast company they have more satalite dihes on there property than direct tv!!!! then it gos through a signal prosseser to the cable wire then to your house!!!!! if any other satalite company can charge so little why does comcast charge so much for the same packages.

and when they go up on there prices its not $1 at a time its $3 at a time . comcast stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View more comments (2)
Review

Comcast will not give us reliable phone service.

We have had comcast for over 3 years now. The phone service has been totally unpredictable. We called endless times because we usually didn't know when we were supposed to be getting incoming calls. My husband was dying from heart failure, and his doctors would complain that he couldn't be reached. We tried to explain this to comcast, but nothing they ever did worked for very long. This week I have had phone service for only one day....Monday. When I try to call them, I am told there is a wait of HOURS (I am supposed to pay for cellphone while I wait). I finally reached them today and they told me that THEY are showing that I am getting a phone signal, so I will have to pay to have them fix it.

Just bad service and technicians that come out to your house don't know a thing about what they are doing. I have had no telephone service now for three weeks. :(

Review

Comcast in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Cancelled service and they wouldn't let me alone!

About 3 weeks ago I cancelled my service with Comcast, and switched to Verizon. Well.... somebody didn't do their job, because out of the blue, I had a Comcast Technician call my house and tell me he was on his way over to my house and would be here in 30 minutes. Didn't give me a reason. I was a bit alarmed. I had cancelled Comcast over 3 weeks ago. I immediately called in and they had "No Idea" as so why a Technician was coming here. They said it was possible that he was disconnecting my cable at the pole, but he wouldn't need to come in to my house. But they still didn't know the real reason why. Then they told me that my service wasn't completely cancelled and they were sorry for the inconvenience and were working on it immediately. What?? How can they not know what's going on. I'm so thankful I went with another company. I am still very nervous about the fact that my name and address was just floating around and in the hands of a Technician that I did not know, nor did they know the reason why he was coming here. For all I know he could be some psychopath. I don't appreciate that. I feel like my privacy was invaded!

Comcast Unfair Practices

I used to work for Comcast in the Business Services division in Washington State. And yes, Comcast rips off it's business customers by charging some customers double the going rack rate for high speed internet. The leadership of Comcast is not customer friendly, but forces the sales employees to sell the customer what the company wants, not what the customer needs.Buyer beware. I hate Comcast because After sale customer support is lacking, false and misleading sales practices, and poor employee morale. I have sent this information to several broadcast stations and have written proof. Do not use their business services.

Because you worked for comcast in washington, maybe you can help me. I had three conversations with comcast regarding making my home number unlisted.

All three times they said no problem. I have now had the same number at 2 different homes. They keep publishing my number. Now I have a violent convicted felon with my address.

I made many calls to comcast asking for a supervisor. finally after 3 days i got a call back. they denied that I ever requested to have my number unlisted. Now I'm stuck with my family's safety at great risk and no way to prove that I had previous conversations.

Can you help me from and insider point of view.

I'm about to get my attorney involved because this situation is that serious. I'm wondering if there are more people in washington state that are willing to make alot of noise with me.

Comcast in Novato, California - Cable boxes

I am very dissatisfied with com cast cable because they all lie in order to make their Quota's. I see why they are laying off all the employees and going over seas. You do have to lie to get things done that is no way to run a business. I have to have cable but if I did not have to have cable I wouldn't, It stinks to high heaven.The repersenatives are rude and nasty and I am not taking it from anybody. Plus you ask for a supervisor and they put their team mate on the telephone. This has to stop.

I have a 1080P DLP tv, the cable box(HD cable box) only broadcasts in 1080i. Is there such a thing as a 1080P cable box, anywhere?

Comcast in Rockford, Illinois - Terrible and incompetent billing services

Over the years I have subscribed to five different cable companies at different home locations but have never run into such incompetence and arrogance as found at Comcast. On two different occasions they have billed me for four months of service though I sent them copies of cashed checks and money orders for each month. They simply ignored the proof and kept billing me. The first time it happened I finally wrote to the CEO of Comcast with copies to the local office. The next time, I wrote to the franchising authority, the local city commission. Both matters were finally straightened out but not without a lot of effort and frustration on my part and no thanks to Comcast itself. A suggestion: Comcast is now in negotiations to buy NBC which, unlike cable networks, comes under the authority of the Federal Communications Commission. If they get NBC it will become as #@%&ed up as Comcast itself is. Please write the FCC and urge that the sale to Comcast not be permitted, and send copies to both of your state's U.S. Senators. Comcast does not deserve to be rewarded with a broadcast network that airs its programs on wavelengths that belong to the people, not to Comcast.

Comcast is the worst and seems like a monopoly to me. I am not able to get anything else but DirectTV.

I switched to Comcast for one of their bundle deals but it is not worth it.

I paid $457.53 on 1/21/10 which brought my account up to current yet they shut off my service today 1/27/10. The best part is that I cannot get through to regular customer service (just the payment center) who cannot access my account because they do not have my SS#.

Called Comcast to inquire about increases on future bills. Was told that future bills would not increase my rates would stay the same.

Not true! January bill came and it is $29.00 higher with taxes of course. I called and ask that they keep my bill the lower rate and they refused. Said there was nothing they could do.

I would think to keep a customer they would work with you. They won't. I will be switching to something else.

Bundle service is not a value with Comcast!! :(