Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

COMCAST...Seriously? You're serious?

I started with Comcast in Aug of 2009. Initially I ordered a DVR box for the living room, and a regular box for my daughter's room. The technician shows up at about 8PM and informs me that there is no cable connection in my daughter's room. I told him to take the box back, leaving the main one was fine. Three months later when $300 of *** charges show up on my bill, from one of the TWO boxes I'm being billed for, I call Comcast. It's been over 3 months and the fee for the non-existent box, plus the movies ordered from that box is still on my bill. I get fed up after speaking with customer service reps, their managers and the managers manangers and cancel the service. I was then called and told that they were reversing these charges; AFTER I cancel service. In the meantime, I get a $1,000 + bill for the past due *** charges, the dvr box and remote I have yet to drop off, but plan to and the box and remote I never had in the first place. I may have gone back after they reversed charges, but the fact that they could not get it together on the final bill infuriates me. I can't get a dish signal and ATT uverse is not offered where I live. I'm so screwed. Any brilliant ideas other than converter box and rabbit ears???

i believe there is something wrong with comcast. i suspect (ONLY MY OPINION), Comcast is about to go Adelphia's way, a competitor that went bankrupt because of management irregularities.

today i wrote a letter to government officials and I will ask the justice department to halt their merger with NBC. I found the company has problems at every level including customer relations, pricing, equipment, management and installations. please write to me at can1z-at-aim.com.

I want to hear your story. Thank you

We have got to be crazy if we thing these posts will do anything. National Pull the Plug on Comcast Day is 3/13/10 - it's the co-founder's 90th birthday. Let the feel it where it hurts -- in the pocket.

We can complain until we are blue in the face. Comcast knows it does not have to do anything.

They have racked up over $4k in property damage caused by a contractor. I plan to do pull my comcast plug on March 13, 2010 (co-founder's 90th birth).

We had the same problems with Comcast for many years... $200 + per month!

Horible customer service... many complaints etc. Couldn't get the ATT Uverse thing either because it's not available yet. We had Dish Network come out and they said they couldn't get a signal.

We then tried Direct TV and they got a signal.

I think we lucked out and found a serviceman who was willing to actually "try". We cancelled Comcast immediately and haven't had a problem since.

Try Verizon. They've gotta at least be somewhat better than Comcast.

View more comments (4)

Comcast in Leesburg, Virginia - Not true to their word

I called Comcast in October 2009, had my services installed on October 21st which was a complete nightmare. The first guy could not locate the cable box for installation. He was there 30 mins and said he'd return the following day. no show, no call. After about 5 contractors got services up and running towards the end of November. I got an enormous bill that I wasn't expecting in January which was rec'd late. called on Jan 4th and made arrangements to pay on the 15th. Returned from work on the 6th. Disconnected all 3 services. Mad
Review

Comcast - what local news?

Comcast claims their big sell is the local news. But they recently took away my local news (DC) and give me only Baltimore news. I need DC news. Baltimore news is useless to me. I need to know the status of the federal government, if the metro is running, the weather where I live (Southern Anne Arundel), events in the entire DC area, etc. I never go anywhere near Baltimore. I have always disliked Comcast because of the crummy channel lineup for basic/basic plus and because I pay for many many channels that I don't watch and because I received nasty treatment once when I moved (they insisted that I bought a house and moved just so I could conspire with the previous owner to cheat them out of about $100), but this is the final staw.

Poor comcast service

Comcast internet has been unrealiable and repair servies takes at least 5 days. several times per month i have to get help reseting a router or some other thing that that requires more than cycling the power on the router. I have to make about 5 calls per month at least. each takes about 1/2 hour between phone tree messages and wait times. then there is the 5 day repair response. If i had an option i would take it in a minute. I only subscribe to basic cable and internet because i refuse to send them additional business to them.

I seriously doubt Comcast will ever get it together...they just don't care. We cancelled our service after many years and went to Direct TV.

You have to watch your bills with Direct TV but the service part is so much better than Comcast. All Comcast had to do was to fix the lines properly after Hurricane Ike but they wouldn't listen.

I've heard good things about ATT Uverse too but it's not available to us.... yet.

Switching back to Direct TV and AT@T for internet. I'm so sick of comcast's b.s., it's no longer even funny.

Shaq should be ashamed for doing commericals for this company. Shaq may got your back but Comcast isn't no where to be found.

#102003

Try Direct TV Great!!! Over 150 channels and quick installations. U can even find them in best buy:-)

:( i have had comcast for awhile and to no avail it sucks, they always say its me in my neighborhood....about 10 houses on the street and they are older ..all cables are buried and my real problem arises when heavy rains set it ...or on this case ..melting snow.. sends service to heck ...im sure its prob as simple as pulling new cable for the 10 houses ...but they refuse after several complaints from not only i but the others on the block

get it together comcast NOW!!!!

View more comments (3)
Loss

Comcast in Detroit, Michigan - Company charged me for an cable box that was returned to technician.

To whom it may concern I ordered comcast service when I moved in my first apartment. I only had one box when i moved in a house the cable box was no good for the area. When I had my service transferred I gave the one cable box to the technician when he came and installed my other boxes. He gave me a receipt stating he took the box and two weeks later I received a letter stating I owe money for a box I returned. I been trying to get this matter resoved for a year. I took the receipt in the comcast office and talked to customer service numerous times.Can someone please help me its on my credit report now and its deeply affecting my credit. Sincerly Christopher Moore (313)633-8180

Chris I am having the same issue as well. I don't know who to contact and it is REALLY affecting my credit as well.

I think I will have to call the better Business Bureau.

Loss

Comcast in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Called and cancelled my service, and they refuse to cancel it!

A few weeks ago I called Comcast and cancelled my service to go with another company. They still won't cancel it. Each time I call in to check on the status of my cancellation they keep telling me that "my account" is under review and they'll call me when they know something. Excuse me? Under review for what? CANCEL MY ACCOUNT *** I am sure they are going to keep charging me for their service even though I cancelled and am not even using it. Well they can send it to collections because I'm not paying for something that was cancelled a month ago. Jerks!! They have a chip on their shoulder because I switched providers. Why else would they keep delaying this? How hard is it? Just cancel my service!!

Comcast = Scrooge!

I pay so much for my digital HD Comcast cable. I love the holiday season, I would actually like to enjoy a Christmas movie ON DEMAND without having to pay money for an "old" movie. Every channel that has any content "ON DEMAND" is not carrying any Christmas movies, they have all been moved to the main Comcast at $2.99 I'm sorry Comcast, I pay good money and should be able to enjoy the Christmas movies for free, I pay good money for HBO, why are you not letting them put Christmas movies "ON Demand", I'm getting so sick of these large companies always grabbing for more money. I hate you Comcast...I hate you, and will be going to AT&T.

Comcast is getting away with it! Incredible that they alone have seasonal flicks for a fee.

Why isn't the "biggies" HBO Showtine' TNT you get the idea' not showing any Christmas movies?

What's going on? :(

exactly!!

of the christmas movies and specials we had to pay for although our bill is incredibly high!

These should have been included!

Comcast is a SOLID RIPOFF!!!!!

:( cannot beleive how much cable cost's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! comcast always knocks down satalite!!??

were in the *** do you think there digital signal comes from?????? if you drive by any comcast company they have more satalite dihes on there property than direct tv!!!! then it gos through a signal prosseser to the cable wire then to your house!!!!! if any other satalite company can charge so little why does comcast charge so much for the same packages.

and when they go up on there prices its not $1 at a time its $3 at a time . comcast stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View more comments (2)
Review

Comcast will not give us reliable phone service.

We have had comcast for over 3 years now. The phone service has been totally unpredictable. We called endless times because we usually didn't know when we were supposed to be getting incoming calls. My husband was dying from heart failure, and his doctors would complain that he couldn't be reached. We tried to explain this to comcast, but nothing they ever did worked for very long. This week I have had phone service for only one day....Monday. When I try to call them, I am told there is a wait of HOURS (I am supposed to pay for cellphone while I wait). I finally reached them today and they told me that THEY are showing that I am getting a phone signal, so I will have to pay to have them fix it.

Just bad service and technicians that come out to your house don't know a thing about what they are doing. I have had no telephone service now for three weeks. :(

Review

Comcast in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Cancelled service and they wouldn't let me alone!

About 3 weeks ago I cancelled my service with Comcast, and switched to Verizon. Well.... somebody didn't do their job, because out of the blue, I had a Comcast Technician call my house and tell me he was on his way over to my house and would be here in 30 minutes. Didn't give me a reason. I was a bit alarmed. I had cancelled Comcast over 3 weeks ago. I immediately called in and they had "No Idea" as so why a Technician was coming here. They said it was possible that he was disconnecting my cable at the pole, but he wouldn't need to come in to my house. But they still didn't know the real reason why. Then they told me that my service wasn't completely cancelled and they were sorry for the inconvenience and were working on it immediately. What?? How can they not know what's going on. I'm so thankful I went with another company. I am still very nervous about the fact that my name and address was just floating around and in the hands of a Technician that I did not know, nor did they know the reason why he was coming here. For all I know he could be some psychopath. I don't appreciate that. I feel like my privacy was invaded!

Comcast Unfair Practices

I used to work for Comcast in the Business Services division in Washington State. And yes, Comcast rips off it's business customers by charging some customers double the going rack rate for high speed internet. The leadership of Comcast is not customer friendly, but forces the sales employees to sell the customer what the company wants, not what the customer needs.Buyer beware. I hate Comcast because After sale customer support is lacking, false and misleading sales practices, and poor employee morale. I have sent this information to several broadcast stations and have written proof. Do not use their business services.

Because you worked for comcast in washington, maybe you can help me. I had three conversations with comcast regarding making my home number unlisted.

All three times they said no problem. I have now had the same number at 2 different homes. They keep publishing my number. Now I have a violent convicted felon with my address.

I made many calls to comcast asking for a supervisor. finally after 3 days i got a call back. they denied that I ever requested to have my number unlisted. Now I'm stuck with my family's safety at great risk and no way to prove that I had previous conversations.

Can you help me from and insider point of view.

I'm about to get my attorney involved because this situation is that serious. I'm wondering if there are more people in washington state that are willing to make alot of noise with me.