Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast Customer Service Is Awful

Dear Comcast, Dealing with your "customer service" system is akin to the punishment of Prometheus, wherein every day my liver is ripped out and eaten by eagles, only to have it grow back overnight to be ripped out again. However, I would in no way describe your service to be as useful as Prometheus' gift of fire to mankind. Just thinking of calling 1-800-COMCAST fills me with vitriol and hate. Before I even dial the numbers my blood pressure has risen to hypertensive levels; I am primed for spitting, frothing rage. Your mechanical phone system is maniacal in its design. I congratulate you on your truly evil and diabolical achievements. I don't have the scientific data yet, but I suspect you have contributed significantly in the nation-wide rise in diagnosable mental illness, including depression, suicide, and that one that compels people to eat dirt and nails. In fact, after calling your phone number and being told via electronic voice to call the very same number I had called and then was disconnected from literally 7 times, I became convinced that there was no God, as a loving and omnipresent deity could not possibly allow a company as wretched and unholy as yours to exist. The painful process of dealing with your company is not isolated solely to telephonic implements. No, you have found a new and perverted way to slowly boil the souls of your customers (and, God forbid, potential customers) in oil. Your web chat function, which I attempted to use to increase my service and pay you more money, mind you, made me long for the days of your impenetrable phone systems. It took almost two hours for the representative to give me the information I wanted, which was only how much it would cost to have more cable, and then to arrange for that to happen. In an entirely predictable turn of events, I have now cancelled that additional service. Other companies might wonder why I would do that so soon, as I'd only increased the service in the last month. Comcast, I'm sure, has absolutely no interest in my reasoning, but I'm going to tell you anyway, as my impotence in the matter has left me grappling emotionally for any outlet I can find. I have come to the conclusion that your corrupt and villainous company is only propped up by a combination of the government's lack of enforcement of anti-trust laws and the personal blessing of Satan, the Prince of Darkness. In addition, the services you do provide can only be described as the least-terrible option, in that they only occasionally function as advertised. Or perhaps they are functioning exactly as intended, and you merely have more depraved plans than I had originally imagined. Why do you treat your customers so sadistically? I realize that we are simply a means to raise the stock price so your executives and investors can reap the benefit of my ongoing suffering, through subscription numbers and mergers with other loathsome companies to become one, giant, venomous machine. But does it not enter into your hearts to have pity on those of us left to endure the odium of your deeds? I see it cannot; your hearts are made of molding, rotting meat that cannot experience shame or remorse. Indeed, your company has become such an anathema, that the only further business plan I can imagine you have is to take up killing babies and children in dark rituals to rip a dimensional hole in space and time that will engulf the world in the cold silence of the void, and will finally end our suffering.

I just had to READ a Comcast customer service phone rep who tried to BS me into thinking that it was my fault that the scheduled cable techinician would not be able to come to my home until hours after the scheduled appointment.

They are the worst liars and I am thinking of switching to ATT u-verse.

The whole comcast system is run by inept, uneducated, low brows who let the technicians decide whether they want to complete a job or not, instead of taking orders like they are supposed to.

I used to work for an outsourcer that gives customer service from comcast...I cannot tell you how frustating it can to be to try to help a customer and not have the adecuate tools and support from them. It all started about a year ago when our system just simply stopped working regarding all monetary issues (ledger, payments, etc) we as reps couldnt see if you had made a payment, how much you owed, etc. We were told to do as best we could that the "glitch" in the system would correct itself at the most in the next weeks (obviously didnt happen took 6 months for that problem to be solved) in the meantime i cannot believe the amount of lying i did during that time to try to get a customer out of the way and get on with the next (given that the calls we recieve are abot 40% billing-60% tech support YES THEY HAVE A *** SERVICE!)i found myself lying 40% of the time during my job, i hate myself for that to this day and was the primary reason i quit. I went into a serious case of depression thanks to my employer,which didnt care about us their employees.

That just tells you if your own company doesnt care for you as an employee imagine how much they care about ther customers.

The only thing i can recommend you guys is get the dish, either driecttv or dish network, i know comcast flashes you with the 3 for 1 combos they have but i just think it is more healthy to just avoid all those problems youll have with comast and pay a little bit extra to not go to through those hassels.

skythelimit

The truth is Comcast does not care about their customers, they just care about numbers. For customer service rep does not any supervisor's support, thats reason you get transfered constantly.

Customer service representatives have to make sure they resolve technical problems within 9 minutes, if representatives still on a call after the 9 minutes, representatives are harass constantly by supervisors, and operations. They have people on the floor making sure representatives finish their call as soon as possible, even if representatives are in their weekly manager meetings, system issues, still affect them, that company does not have a good operations system, to work on exceptions.

I know all this because I had a few friends working for Comcast, most of them have resigned due that work was too extremely stressful, some of them still remain looking for another job, due to the bad economy. That's the reason why customer service rep are rude, the company does not care about customer service just numbers.

Can I tell you I spent 3 HOURS holding for customer service today to get help activating my digital receiver and the adapter for another TV? My phone battery went dead before anyone answered the phone!

Fortunately I was texting a technician online when the phone quit. I told the person I was talking to online how long I'd been holding and he couldn't believe it! I didn't get my problem solved, hopefully end of this week.

Their customer service is lacking to say the least. When you spend over $100 per month for cable and internet you expect quality.

Haa. I am feeling better after reading this.Just re-cancelled my service which I was billed even after I cancelled it a week ago. Every single time I call them they dont have the record of my previous call..WTH

WOW......... best piece I've read on this site yet!

You......

are to be commended!!

AND...... as a current Comcast subscriber, I do feel your pain!

View more comments (5)

Cut Off Again by Comcast

For the past 3 months I have had to call customer no-service a total of 14 times. The major problem has been the free converter boxes that are needed to get channels 26 and above on oldr model televisions. They are continually looseing connectivity with the system and a call to custemer support is required to reboot them on their end. We have given up on trying to keep the 2 boxes with this problem going and have disconected them and they lay on the floor behind the TV's. What a horrible company can't even keep their own equipment working. And as far as their customer service goes, I wonder how they stay in business?? Comcast do us a favor and have the powers that be rob the company blind and go out of business!!!!
Review

Comcast is horrible at everything

bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV, bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV

They suck so bad...They are liars and thieves..

actually they are only bad at one thing and that is fulfilling the obligations that they promised their customers, however I have tried other services and they were even worse.

qwest cost me $1,100.oo worth of computer equipment and has the nerve to send me a bill for early disconnect, to which I send them my bill for $1,100.00 dollars. LOL it works for me.

View more comments (1)

Comcast Digital Adapter Scam

We have limited cable with Comcast. In November 2009 they made us get a digital adapter. At the time, they told us it was free. I asked several times. We had trouble installing it due to some channel problems, so we had to pay for someont to come out (they could have told us how to fix it on the phone). Now it is January 2010. They started charging us for the adapter, and said they wanted it back because we only have limited service. Wait a minutes, we had to pay to get it - and now we have to give it back. What's the problem here? Any comments, let me know at CWar.5.destwar@spamgourmet.com

It's way worse being an employee. A fat sup named Kim Edwards in the Lynnwood, WA call center sent email asking for off the clock work.

Employees who complained got fired but she still works there.

We are winning a class action lawsuit. Call retention department and ask for discounts/promotions.

This is TOTAL BS. I had to go get the digital adapter.

Comcast just disabled all of the functions I purchased with my TV. However, you can get them back by paying another $9 a month per TV to UPGRADE to a full HD Box that will perform the same function.

They say it is so they can provide better service. It is a total ripoff. They have figured out a way to make it inconvenient and make you pay to get the convenience back.

TOTAL BS.

This should be cause for a class action lawsuit.

It's not about the money. I would spend $2,000 of my own money to go after these @&&holes.

:) I had to get a digital adapter for my extra tv in my bedroom it was no charge and really easy to set up and activate. only problem is you have to use the comcast remote that comes with the adapter!

you may want to call the 1800 comcast number and tell them about your local comcast dicking you around. best of luck!

View more comments (2)
Loss

Stop Merger Comcast - NBC. Write to dpt of Justice

Comcast is a company that is failing in every possible way. I believe it is not an accident that NBC went into an implosion with the Leno/O'Brien debacle as Comcast is trying to buy it. The department of Justice is already giving an indication that the merger has to be scrutinized. This is the time to write to the Department of Justice and address your concerns. OPPOSE THE NBC-COMCAST MERGER!!! I am presently writing a series of complains against them. I can show you how to be effective. For all my complaining, as for prices, they give me excellent breaks. My HD/DVR/HBO/2HD receivers CableTV service is presently at $50/month total!!!! But that's because they constantly screw it up and they always have to give me a promotion for free! What got me is the way they treat the elderly and the disabled. They do not let them know about the right to "Limited Service," a government program for less than $15/month!!! It is outrageous! These people need the service! Comcast ought to be sued by them! DO NOT PULL THE PLUG! IT IS YOUR TV! IT IS YOUR RIGHT! IT IS THE LAW! Call up your government and complain. In NJ, where I am, Telecommunication Companies complains are the 2nd consumer complains in frequency. you are not alone! Complain to your government. You can also try the President's hotline at their headquarters. Threaten them you will write to consumer affairs in your state. It works. send me an email for more info. can1z-at-aim.com. I will start sending you the complains I am filing against Comcast. Let's get Comcast to do the right things right. It is our right.

Stop Merger Comcast - NBC. Write to dpt of Justice

Review

Comcast high speed internet horrible service then charged for it

saturday january 9 internet out called comcast. appt. set for sunday. no one came. called sunday evening. technician came monday and diagnosed problem on the pole. he called for maintainance man. no one came by tuesday evening. called back tuesday night. there was no record of diagnosis. another technician came thursday and said problem on pole. he called maint. man to come that day. he never came. called friday. maintainance came to pole. no problem there. said modem was bad. he called tech to bring one. he never came. we went to wal mart on saturday and bought one and hooked it up ourself. bill came today and there is a $30.00 service fee for repair!

Comcast high speed internet is horrible your modem will go offline everyday five times a day for 5-15 minutes randomly. For some strange reason they cannot fix the problem I'm currently thinking of switching internet services its just rediculous in my opinion.

Terrible ... service is not satisfactory ..

not even close. I'm am so glad I have a choice. I am finally switching to Electric Power Board in Chattanooga, Tn. I wish I had a nickel for every time I have had to call Comcast about various problems.

My bill varies (never have figured that one out). My service is horrible (internet an phone). TV is OK.

I quit. After a few years, I've had enough.

i believe there is something wrong with comcast. i suspect (ONLY MY OPINION), Comcast is about to go Adelphia's way, a competitor that went defunct because of management irregularities.

today i wrote a letter to government officials and I will ask the justice department to halt their merger with NBC. I found the company has problems at every level including customer relations, pricing, equipment, management and installations. please write to me at can1z-at-aim.com.

View more comments (2)

Comcast

Comcast is the worst cable company around gonna bill me with my friend old cable bill just because my address on my id, and his name in there computer as him with a pass due bill. I just moved in my house payed the first month in full and the next bill they sent was $400.00. I called and they had me on the phone and hour came back and told me that in two days my bill will be back to 0.00 the next week my cable was completely turned off. I am going to serve they as Thurday, afternoon, and let the judge, tell they *** off + I will have my room mate to show up in court stating they put his bill on me... dam!!!! ***.....

Comcast in Redmond, Washington - Netbook Scam

I got caught with the Comcast bait & switch during their Bundled Service special last summer: order the $99/month service and receive a FREE Netbook. I switched my Verizon service to Comcast in Aug 2009 with lure of free Netbook. Comcast claims they didn't receive my signed contract, but they're billing me the $134/month. Attempted working it out w/ several reps, mailed in the contract twice - still no Netbook. Spoke w/ rep today (Jan 2010) and I don't "qualify" because they didn't get the paperwork. Asked for waiver of $150 early termination fee - they're happy to disconnect me but not a guarantee it will be waived. So - I'm a slave to their contract for 18 more months and they get my free advertising of my poor experience. I'd look at your other cable/internet choices!!!
#190563

I am exactly in the same situation. I subscribed in August 2009.

And whenever I called I would get a very different response. Sometime I am not eligible, then they said they have processed their part and I should get it in next 60-90 days (by the way this pphone call was in December 2009). I waited till April, but no lucl.

Contacted again,same useless answers.

Today I aent an email to Sherri and now I am going to report it to BBB as well.

It took about 7 months, but I did get it, and I only got somewhere when I started to e-mail We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

so I recomend that to anyone who is waiting for the netbook. tell them your name, account number, and that it's been forever lol!!!

i am in the same boat. when i called today since i was told that they were shipping out the netbook back in Dec 2009, the rep said that the sales person forgot to enter the promo code when i got the triple play bundle deal.

i told them it's not my fauth and the rep said i'll get $100 giftcard.

this is cheaper than the netbook which i want so i will contact them to eitehr send me the netbook or give me $200 giftcard. Comcast has really poor customer service, i was transfereed around 4x before someone could actually help me.

Hello All,

I was in the same situation as you. I signed up in Aug 2009 for the triple play with the free Netbook after ninety days.

After I waited about 16 weeks I called to see what was going on several time and each time I was given the run around, promised to be called back with an answer with no luck and still no Netbook but cable with a contract....so I was doing my part of the deal and was getting hot with angry by the day that Comcast was not doing their part. SO I had been looking online and saw that a couple of people suggested filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau so at the end March 2010 I did so. At that point it was like week 29 which is well pass the time Comcast promised I had also called Comcast to find out what was going on and the Check Myrebate number to see if they had any information which they advised Comcast had not forwarded or my eligibity forms. At week 31 I called Comcast to just cancel...for me it was princple....Yeah I could have brought my own Netbook but I committed to them for two years so I was going to get what they promised or I would never do buisness with them again.

I believe when I called back April 1 I got a different response....Of course they blamed it on the wrong contract so I fill it out again but my Netbook has finally been mailed out....I received a letter from Comcast saying it is on the way with a tracking number so I suggest everyone make a report with the BBB online. It helped me!

:( :(

I have been getting the runaround from Comcast, and they offered me nothing in the end.

UPDATE: Well after several hours on the phone in February, it appears that they put the right "code" on my record on February 16th. The problem though is I got service in August of 2009 and that should have started my 90 days.

Now I have to wait until at least May or June. If is not in my hot little hands by the middle of June, I'm feeling a class action lawsuit.

I too was promised a netbook when i signed for the triple play in august. No luck on the netbook.

I have been waiting for months and just today comcast told me: the agreement has already been cancelled, after the attempts that we have tried to reach you.

They claim my email address was invalid, which I doubt since they send me my bill every month so they mailed the agreement. Never received it either.

Update to my previous post... thanks to Sherri and Detreon @ Comcast I got my netbook last week!

I recommend that you communicate the facts to them, and be respectful but persistent. Good luck.

Well I since November I have been trying to get to the bottom of my notebook issue with Comcast. Today I found out they finally put the "right code" in my record so I could contact the rebate center.

Contact the rebate center and they say they have no record, and could be 6-8 weeks before they even have the record let alone the 2-4 weeks to get shipped after that.

Absolutely insain that they do business this way, and very dissapointing.

I never got mine either, but I contacted Sherri at Comcast and she got the ball rolling for me. It took about a month, but I am looking at my netbook right now. Go to Comcast's Twitter page or email We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com.

#120882

I am having the same problem. No netbook.

Got the deal in August. Now they are saying I didn't pay a bill on time!

They never sent it to me on time. It's just the fact that it was offered by them.

#120349

Got an ad that read "Sign up for the Comcast Super-Charged HD Triple Play and get: An Internet speed upgrade + A FREE Dell Netbook"

Ordered Triple Play on 8/21/09.

Comcast came out and installed on 8/31.

Apparently I didn't return some agreement in time - they show 10/5/09 and it was supposed to be within 30 days of installation. I found an email from Comcast "We have received your electronic confirmation of the terms and conditions for the package you have requested." dated 10/3/09.

I guess I'm screwed.

#119982

Well since I posted on here, I got an email from Sherri at Comcast. After waiting months for my Dell Netbook, I finally got a tracking number and it's being sent out next Monday. We shall see if it actually comes in the mail, I hopefull this time.

#119747

About two days after posting my unhappy account of my experience (see below) I got a call from a Comcast customer service person who assured me, "We are going to fix this, we are going to get you your Netbook computer." And sure enough, it arrived about a week later. I wish I could say it happened as a result of the more than one dozen calls I made to Comcast about this over several months.

But unfortunately, I can't say that. What I can say is that after I made a post on my blog about this and copied it into online complaints I filed with the BBB, FCC, FTC, my local cable authority and several online complaint forums, the company called, apologized, and delivered the Dell Netbook computer I was promised when I signed up. So perhaps, on reflection, it might not be fair to call this a "scam" as I did in my original post -- since I can now confirm receipt of the computer.

Maybe it was just a very badly mismanaged promotion. Your mileage may vary.

EconProf

To cancel COMCAST for someone who was losing her sight, I called COMCAST to cease charging the bank account and disconnect the service.

When starting COMCAST, service begins almost immediately, but stopping takes months. Meanwhile, COMCAST continues charging the bank and even places additional charges if the bank is told to reverse the charges. :(

After being told several times we would be receiving our netbook I was told that we were not put in the correct plan and would not be getting a netbook. I reported Comcast to the BBB and within two days my husband received a call from comcast saying we would have our netbook within three weeks. I got the tracking info email yesterday :)

Same "bait and switch" deal here, too. The Triple Play Comcast bundled service advertised price wasn't the real price and they are sending me on a wild goose chase each time I call about the computer I was promised.

I just wanted it to surf the net -- and have been waiting for months. Last time I called they said they did not have my address or telephone number or email! But they send me the bill every month!

I never imagined this would be a scam -- I just thought they would send it in the mail. Please let us know here what you find out -- I can't believe they scammed us all?!.

Exact same story here: the comcast triple play dell notebook computer promise is a SCAM -- just pure corporate fraud. The runaround I got when I called them (13 times!) was beyond belief.

They just lied and lied and lied (we will call you back, we will send you a form, we will be back in touch, etc. -- then nothing).

Six months of calls about this to them -- all bills paid -- and they just refuse to honor their promise. Comcast has committed a consumer fraud on me and my family.

Concord, CA here. I signed up for the triple play/netbook offer in August 2009.

Going on 7 months now, and still no netbook. Comcast bites!

same here... SF Bay Area....

signed up in July 2009.... still no netbook after numerous calls to comcast

can we file a class action lawsuit??

I'm with all of you on this. I ordered the Comcast "Triple Play" service mid-summer, and am yet to receive the Dell Netbook.

My wife and I have contacted Comcast customer support and receive the same canned answer everyone mentions. We have close personal friends in the same boat. I'm researching class action lawsuits that may exist as a result of this false advertisement.

I'll promptly post my findings on this site.

Did I mention that I'm a Dell employee?

It's Feb 2010 and I still have not recieved my Netbook. I signed up in August of 2009, sent in all my paperwork as instructed, also paid a 150.00 deposit because when I had the service before I was late on one payment so they said I need to pay a 150.00 deposit and it would be returned to me in 6 months with on time payments.

Which I have paid on time each month for 6 months now ( let see if I get that.

Comcast tells me I never signed up for the Notebook, I signed up for the 100.00 dollar rebate, the notebook is in the mail, I have to go pick up the notebook. I am very disapointed in Comcast and now I am stuck for another 18 months.

We recently signed up in August 2009 for the Comcast Triple Play deal that as far as we knew at that point got a free Dell netbook. The contract states that the netbook will be received after 90 days of service use.

It is now February of 2010, and have yet to receive our netbook. I have talked to countless people about the issue and have yet to come to any standpoint.

I too signed up for the service thinking I would get the notebook in August. I have since been bounced from manager to manager, gone to the office and spoke with them face to face.

They told me bacuse I didn't fill out some online form I was never informed of that I wasn't going to get it. After explaining I was never told I needed to file anything and being mocked by 2 more reps I finally got through to someon who told me where to go and that after filing it out it would take another 4-6 weeks. Its now been 2 monts and I received a call from a COMCAST rep today that said because I was a returning customer I was not eligable. Even though when I signed up their manager knew I was a returning customer and said I was.

I told the rep if that's the case that I would like to discontinue my service since I was mis-lead by their reps. She was VERY rude and basically said I would still be charged the disconnect fee if I didn't continue even tho THEY are the ones that made the mistake and lied to me on NUMEROUS occasions. I've NEVER dealt with a ruder, more inconsiderrate bunch of people EVER! If there is a class action against these lieing clowns I would like in on it.

Please post where to go for such information on how to get even with this NIGHTMARE of a communications company!

:( :(

Never received my netbook. They told me I was never offered it after months of people telling me it would arrive and sending me back and forth between the customer service center and the call center.

Class action law suit anyone? Punitive damages for fraud.

If you don't push and push and push and push some more (in all directions), I am fully confident you will not receive the netbook.

I still have yet to receive mine. It finally appears at the rebate site, so, theoretically, it will actually arrive at my door some time in the future.

IT WAS NOT WORTH IT. I should never have signed up with Comcast. I will hasten to correct my bad behavior as soon as my one-year commitment expires in September, 2010. I can't wait!

I don't know what kind of idiots they have running this company, but don't they understand that you will lose customers if you *** all over them?

Comcast offered the free netbook for signing up s well. I also signed in August. My netbook also has not arrived.

In Oct I was told that I met all the requirements and I should be receiving something shortly.

Same story in Nov and Dec.

I called checkmyrebate and after being on hold for 1 hour, someone finally picked up the phone. They told me that they don't have any information on me.

I then called comcast and now they are saying that I don't qualify because my contract didn't include netbook. I received the physical papar which indicates that I should be receiving; but they claim that the electronic copy I signed on the web didn't. What kind of BS is that. I told them that I assumed it was the same as what I received in the mail. Now I'm getting transferred to the supervisor (twice). First time, I listened to music for 45 minutes and then they hung up on me. Now its already been 50 minutes and I am still listening to music.

If they don't resolve my problem and get me my netbook, I will definately be reporting to BBB.

ComcastSherri

Hello Joe G. /MikeJ

It was definitely not our intention to "scam" anyone. I can look into this for you. I have helped others get their rebate. If you would like my assistance please email me at:

We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Put pissedconsumer.com in your subject line. Email your name and zip and best contact number and details of your netbook experience. I can assure you, I am legit. I work in the corporate headquarters in Philadelphia.

Same story here folks. First we were scammed about the installation charges: they don't tell you this, but they charge you $300 for the triple play installation (we were charged for tv installation even though we already had it).

Now they are saying that we don't get a netbook because we weren't a new customer even though they said nothing when I originally ordered it.

I'm in the same boat!!! I've contacted Comcast every week for the past month about my netbook with no results.

Different answer from each rep.

Now they claim I didn't sign the contract in a timely manner, but I have a electronic confirmation that they received it within the 30 day window. Has anyone had any success in getting there netbook?

You know it's not just about the netbook, it's about the reps that answer the phones. they are all liers.

I called so many times complaining that I didn't get the netbook and everytime i get a different answer. today I talked to on supervisor and she was so rude and didn't answer my questions. you know I just cant do anything. but I will not pay anything and i will not give them the equipment back.

they promised me a netbook and i didnt get it. screw them. i dont care if it goes to collection, I really don't care. I will not pay anything.

that's it. :( :( :( :(

you are not slaves to any contract because comcast failed to provide "consideration" and that was their promised notebook.

I want to hear your story. Thank you

Comcast used your likeness to offer me a free netbook for signing up

for service in the SF Bay Area. I took them up on the offer in August.

The netbook never arrived.

I repeatedly contacted Comcast customer support, but they did nothing

to send me the netbook. Finally one of the service reps told me that

Comcast had two promotions running at the same time that were nearly

identical, though one offer did not include a netbook. Though I

requested the netbook (obviously), I was signed up to the offer that

did not include a netbook. I was then mocked by the Comcast rep when I

asked for my netbook.

View more comments (32)
Loss

Comcast Complaint

Does anyone else out there think this Cable TV thing is a rip off? First Comcast tells us we have nothing to worry about with the Digital transition and nothing will change. Now they tell us that they will be terminating their analog signal in 2010 and if we want to continue to receive a signal for all our TV's, we must rent either a DTA or DCT conversion box for each TV. DCA box? DCT box? How many more components do we need? What happened to a simple single signal for all TV's. Then they try to make us feel like we are getting a deal by saying that our first two rental conversion boxes are free. How complex can we make cable TV in the 21st century! It's just a money making scam. $100+ per month for a basic TV plan, give me a break! Comcast, be prepared because I'm recommending to viewers to switch to Satellite to avoid your additional hardware components and fees. Consumers, please speak out and make your thoughts known! They won't change unless you do.

Yesterday Comcast took away almost 1/2 of the analog stations (most of the rest to follow soon). You now need a Comcast's "Digital Transport Adapter" (they provide 2 boxes free; $1.99 per box after that) to see the same stations they offered previously when connected directly to the coaxial cable.

What angers me is they previously offered me the HD feed on my HD televisions from the local affiliates (on 3.1; 6.1; etc) through the coaxial cable. Now with the DTA box they won't offer those feeds (I thought they had to provide local broadcast signals...i guess the FCC loophole is they can offer 480 but not HD local broadcasts). I called Comcast and they confirmed I have to have an HD box for each TV now to view ANY HD programming. Also, your television's internal V-chip is now useless (I used if for the kids room).

32 years a customer. I'm very dissatisfied.

#208384

I just installed two of these dta boxes and they are horrible. I will be canceling my servic and going with dish. Good luck comcast

I could not agree more. We need to do something to let Comcast know that they cannot continue to take advantage of their customers just because they have a near monopoly.

The key is "near". I would like to find a way to organize a boycott of Comcast movie rental and any other way anyone can think of to hurt their bottom line.

That is all they care about and thus the only way to get their attention. If anyone knows how to get our voices heard, please help.

I got two DTA boxes from Comcast today. I connected both, called to activate, and NEITHER would activate beyond the screen message "service temporarily interrupted" .

On the phone multiple times with support for almost 2 hours and finally gave up and returned the cheap boxes after seeing so many online complaints. As an Electronic Engineer by profession, I tried even more things then suggested by support - still not functioning. I returned them, told them they were "junk", and refused replacements!

This is not first time that support and services have been poor. I am sick and tired of Comcast and will be calling RCN for a better value and more content customers!

View more comments (3)