Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast is the absolute worst

Recently we added a DVR to our Comcast service. The DVR kept freezing up and giving an error code OTH. A technician named Wade Straight was called and I asked him what the code OTH meant. After much disrepectful conversation, Wade told me that he had a list of the codes but did not know where it was and would not take the time to look for it. We have had such problems with Comcast and this posting is to warn as many people as possible. If you call the Comcast customer service and get a person name "John", hang up and start over. If you have a choice to pick another service other than Comcast, you would be wise to pick another service, unless you enjoy being put on hold, enjoy being treated like a piece of trash by the technicians, and if you enjoy your program to freeze up, and also if you enjoy unplugging and re-plugging devices, then Comcast if for you.

It is up to comcast to find a company that makes a DVR that works good. The DISH DVR has maybe 0.01% of the issues that that comcast dvr's do.

that does fall on the back of comcast. Also comcast needs to stop being so cheap and put the bad ones out of commission and stop giving them back out to customers. Comcast does have the worse customer service in the business.

Every single time I call them with and issue I only talk to a supervisor, yet ever single time I get different information. They have no training standards and they will straight out LIE to their customers.

Agree with all the complaints. 9 out of 10 of the customer service reps at comcast are useless their number 1 solution is "there is something wrong with your box, drive all the way up here and swap it out for another one." not a day goes bye without channels blacking out or pixelating up. I would emplore anyone to not go with comcast for your tv service you will be soory

Comcast is a great company and many people are upset because instead of just leaving if they are not satisfied, they call and harass the staff. Customers do not realize that rudeness gets you no where at any company.

There are options out there. Go elsewhere if not satisfied.

There are options out there. Go elsewhere if not satisfied.

Here's the thing... Comcast didn't make that box.

Motorola did. Understand that with ANY cable company, you will be required to use electronic equipment and with ANY electronic equipment, there is a chance that it will stop functioning properly without any warning. I know it sucks, but so does magical forest gnomes not actually existing in reality. As far as the error code, why do you need to know what it means?

You were wasting Wade's time by asking him questions on things you won't be able to fix yourself unless you have a good knowledge on cable systems (which I know you don't because otherwise you wouldn't have called Comcast) and THAT is why he got short with you. Next time you call Comcast Tech Support about an issue with your service, be polite and answer the questions they ask you without being ignorant.

The list of customer service complaints regarding Comcast would be thicker than a phone book - and that's for a single month. It's a shame that a company this poorly operated is allowed to conduct business at all. They are the absolute worst of any company in any industry.

The suck, they have poor staffing that dont even try to help at all.Even the people in the excutive office offer no help.I spoke with Evelyn R. and she was very rude.

Agree that Comcast is the worst. I'm thinking of just cancelling my cable and installing an attic antenna.

The customer service people are something else.

Probably worse than any I have ever experienced. Worse than the legendary Gateway people of a few years back.

I agree that Comcast is the worst!

If you get a customer service person named "Rose" start over. She knows less than nothing!

Could not agree more with the poor service provided by Comcast. They are the worst cable provider in the United States bar none.

View more comments (9)
Loss

Comcast uses their exclusive domain to screw comsumers.D

I'm forced to have Comcast as my cable provider. I pay an obscene amount of money for TV alone. I purchased a laptop computer for X-mas & I requested a bundle package.I never had Internet access before. I was told I could not receive a bundle due to my current service.I would have to downgrade my service to basic cable for 2 months to be eligible to receive a bundle rate. I was offered an intoductory 6 month rate for Internet.I accepted. I made it clear I wanted a wireless connection and purchased a router. The installer came and would not hook up the router, I called Comcast while he was here and they refused to help.

Comcast Customer Service Is Awful

Dear Comcast, Dealing with your "customer service" system is akin to the punishment of Prometheus, wherein every day my liver is ripped out and eaten by eagles, only to have it grow back overnight to be ripped out again. However, I would in no way describe your service to be as useful as Prometheus' gift of fire to mankind. Just thinking of calling 1-800-COMCAST fills me with vitriol and hate. Before I even dial the numbers my blood pressure has risen to hypertensive levels; I am primed for spitting, frothing rage. Your mechanical phone system is maniacal in its design. I congratulate you on your truly evil and diabolical achievements. I don't have the scientific data yet, but I suspect you have contributed significantly in the nation-wide rise in diagnosable mental illness, including depression, suicide, and that one that compels people to eat dirt and nails. In fact, after calling your phone number and being told via electronic voice to call the very same number I had called and then was disconnected from literally 7 times, I became convinced that there was no God, as a loving and omnipresent deity could not possibly allow a company as wretched and unholy as yours to exist. The painful process of dealing with your company is not isolated solely to telephonic implements. No, you have found a new and perverted way to slowly boil the souls of your customers (and, God forbid, potential customers) in oil. Your web chat function, which I attempted to use to increase my service and pay you more money, mind you, made me long for the days of your impenetrable phone systems. It took almost two hours for the representative to give me the information I wanted, which was only how much it would cost to have more cable, and then to arrange for that to happen. In an entirely predictable turn of events, I have now cancelled that additional service. Other companies might wonder why I would do that so soon, as I'd only increased the service in the last month. Comcast, I'm sure, has absolutely no interest in my reasoning, but I'm going to tell you anyway, as my impotence in the matter has left me grappling emotionally for any outlet I can find. I have come to the conclusion that your corrupt and villainous company is only propped up by a combination of the government's lack of enforcement of anti-trust laws and the personal blessing of Satan, the Prince of Darkness. In addition, the services you do provide can only be described as the least-terrible option, in that they only occasionally function as advertised. Or perhaps they are functioning exactly as intended, and you merely have more depraved plans than I had originally imagined. Why do you treat your customers so sadistically? I realize that we are simply a means to raise the stock price so your executives and investors can reap the benefit of my ongoing suffering, through subscription numbers and mergers with other loathsome companies to become one, giant, venomous machine. But does it not enter into your hearts to have pity on those of us left to endure the odium of your deeds? I see it cannot; your hearts are made of molding, rotting meat that cannot experience shame or remorse. Indeed, your company has become such an anathema, that the only further business plan I can imagine you have is to take up killing babies and children in dark rituals to rip a dimensional hole in space and time that will engulf the world in the cold silence of the void, and will finally end our suffering.

I just had to READ a Comcast customer service phone rep who tried to BS me into thinking that it was my fault that the scheduled cable techinician would not be able to come to my home until hours after the scheduled appointment.

They are the worst liars and I am thinking of switching to ATT u-verse.

The whole comcast system is run by inept, uneducated, low brows who let the technicians decide whether they want to complete a job or not, instead of taking orders like they are supposed to.

I used to work for an outsourcer that gives customer service from comcast...I cannot tell you how frustating it can to be to try to help a customer and not have the adecuate tools and support from them. It all started about a year ago when our system just simply stopped working regarding all monetary issues (ledger, payments, etc) we as reps couldnt see if you had made a payment, how much you owed, etc. We were told to do as best we could that the "glitch" in the system would correct itself at the most in the next weeks (obviously didnt happen took 6 months for that problem to be solved) in the meantime i cannot believe the amount of lying i did during that time to try to get a customer out of the way and get on with the next (given that the calls we recieve are abot 40% billing-60% tech support YES THEY HAVE A *** SERVICE!)i found myself lying 40% of the time during my job, i hate myself for that to this day and was the primary reason i quit. I went into a serious case of depression thanks to my employer,which didnt care about us their employees.

That just tells you if your own company doesnt care for you as an employee imagine how much they care about ther customers.

The only thing i can recommend you guys is get the dish, either driecttv or dish network, i know comcast flashes you with the 3 for 1 combos they have but i just think it is more healthy to just avoid all those problems youll have with comast and pay a little bit extra to not go to through those hassels.

skythelimit

The truth is Comcast does not care about their customers, they just care about numbers. For customer service rep does not any supervisor's support, thats reason you get transfered constantly.

Customer service representatives have to make sure they resolve technical problems within 9 minutes, if representatives still on a call after the 9 minutes, representatives are harass constantly by supervisors, and operations. They have people on the floor making sure representatives finish their call as soon as possible, even if representatives are in their weekly manager meetings, system issues, still affect them, that company does not have a good operations system, to work on exceptions.

I know all this because I had a few friends working for Comcast, most of them have resigned due that work was too extremely stressful, some of them still remain looking for another job, due to the bad economy. That's the reason why customer service rep are rude, the company does not care about customer service just numbers.

Can I tell you I spent 3 HOURS holding for customer service today to get help activating my digital receiver and the adapter for another TV? My phone battery went dead before anyone answered the phone!

Fortunately I was texting a technician online when the phone quit. I told the person I was talking to online how long I'd been holding and he couldn't believe it! I didn't get my problem solved, hopefully end of this week.

Their customer service is lacking to say the least. When you spend over $100 per month for cable and internet you expect quality.

Haa. I am feeling better after reading this.Just re-cancelled my service which I was billed even after I cancelled it a week ago. Every single time I call them they dont have the record of my previous call..WTH

WOW......... best piece I've read on this site yet!

You......

are to be commended!!

AND...... as a current Comcast subscriber, I do feel your pain!

View more comments (5)

Cut Off Again by Comcast

For the past 3 months I have had to call customer no-service a total of 14 times. The major problem has been the free converter boxes that are needed to get channels 26 and above on oldr model televisions. They are continually looseing connectivity with the system and a call to custemer support is required to reboot them on their end. We have given up on trying to keep the 2 boxes with this problem going and have disconected them and they lay on the floor behind the TV's. What a horrible company can't even keep their own equipment working. And as far as their customer service goes, I wonder how they stay in business?? Comcast do us a favor and have the powers that be rob the company blind and go out of business!!!!
Review

Comcast is horrible at everything

bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV, bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV

They suck so bad...They are liars and thieves..

actually they are only bad at one thing and that is fulfilling the obligations that they promised their customers, however I have tried other services and they were even worse.

qwest cost me $1,100.oo worth of computer equipment and has the nerve to send me a bill for early disconnect, to which I send them my bill for $1,100.00 dollars. LOL it works for me.

View more comments (1)

Comcast Digital Adapter Scam

We have limited cable with Comcast. In November 2009 they made us get a digital adapter. At the time, they told us it was free. I asked several times. We had trouble installing it due to some channel problems, so we had to pay for someont to come out (they could have told us how to fix it on the phone). Now it is January 2010. They started charging us for the adapter, and said they wanted it back because we only have limited service. Wait a minutes, we had to pay to get it - and now we have to give it back. What's the problem here? Any comments, let me know at CWar.5.destwar@spamgourmet.com

It's way worse being an employee. A fat sup named Kim Edwards in the Lynnwood, WA call center sent email asking for off the clock work.

Employees who complained got fired but she still works there.

We are winning a class action lawsuit. Call retention department and ask for discounts/promotions.

This is TOTAL BS. I had to go get the digital adapter.

Comcast just disabled all of the functions I purchased with my TV. However, you can get them back by paying another $9 a month per TV to UPGRADE to a full HD Box that will perform the same function.

They say it is so they can provide better service. It is a total ripoff. They have figured out a way to make it inconvenient and make you pay to get the convenience back.

TOTAL BS.

This should be cause for a class action lawsuit.

It's not about the money. I would spend $2,000 of my own money to go after these @&&holes.

:) I had to get a digital adapter for my extra tv in my bedroom it was no charge and really easy to set up and activate. only problem is you have to use the comcast remote that comes with the adapter!

you may want to call the 1800 comcast number and tell them about your local comcast dicking you around. best of luck!

View more comments (2)

Stop Merger Comcast - NBC. Write to dpt of Justice

Comcast is a company that is failing in every possible way. I believe it is not an accident that NBC went into an implosion with the Leno/O'Brien debacle as Comcast is trying to buy it. The department of Justice is already giving an indication that the merger has to be scrutinized. This is the time to write to the Department of Justice and address your concerns. OPPOSE THE NBC-COMCAST MERGER!!! I am presently writing a series of complains against them. I can show you how to be effective. For all my complaining, as for prices, they give me excellent breaks. My HD/DVR/HBO/2HD receivers CableTV service is presently at $50/month total!!!! But that's because they constantly screw it up and they always have to give me a promotion for free! What got me is the way they treat the elderly and the disabled. They do not let them know about the right to "Limited Service," a government program for less than $15/month!!! It is outrageous! These people need the service! Comcast ought to be sued by them! DO NOT PULL THE PLUG! IT IS YOUR TV! IT IS YOUR RIGHT! IT IS THE LAW! Call up your government and complain. In NJ, where I am, Telecommunication Companies complains are the 2nd consumer complains in frequency. you are not alone! Complain to your government. You can also try the President's hotline at their headquarters. Threaten them you will write to consumer affairs in your state. It works. send me an email for more info. can1z-at-aim.com. I will start sending you the complains I am filing against Comcast. Let's get Comcast to do the right things right. It is our right.

Stop Merger Comcast - NBC. Write to dpt of Justice

Review

Comcast high speed internet horrible service then charged for it

saturday january 9 internet out called comcast. appt. set for sunday. no one came. called sunday evening. technician came monday and diagnosed problem on the pole. he called for maintainance man. no one came by tuesday evening. called back tuesday night. there was no record of diagnosis. another technician came thursday and said problem on pole. he called maint. man to come that day. he never came. called friday. maintainance came to pole. no problem there. said modem was bad. he called tech to bring one. he never came. we went to wal mart on saturday and bought one and hooked it up ourself. bill came today and there is a $30.00 service fee for repair!

Comcast high speed internet is horrible your modem will go offline everyday five times a day for 5-15 minutes randomly. For some strange reason they cannot fix the problem I'm currently thinking of switching internet services its just rediculous in my opinion.

Terrible ... service is not satisfactory ..

not even close. I'm am so glad I have a choice. I am finally switching to Electric Power Board in Chattanooga, Tn. I wish I had a nickel for every time I have had to call Comcast about various problems.

My bill varies (never have figured that one out). My service is horrible (internet an phone). TV is OK.

I quit. After a few years, I've had enough.

i believe there is something wrong with comcast. i suspect (ONLY MY OPINION), Comcast is about to go Adelphia's way, a competitor that went defunct because of management irregularities.

today i wrote a letter to government officials and I will ask the justice department to halt their merger with NBC. I found the company has problems at every level including customer relations, pricing, equipment, management and installations. please write to me at can1z-at-aim.com.

I want to hear your story. Thank you

View more comments (2)

Comcast

Comcast is the worst cable company around gonna bill me with my friend old cable bill just because my address on my id, and his name in there computer as him with a pass due bill. I just moved in my house payed the first month in full and the next bill they sent was $400.00. I called and they had me on the phone and hour came back and told me that in two days my bill will be back to 0.00 the next week my cable was completely turned off. I am going to serve they as Thurday, afternoon, and let the judge, tell they *** off + I will have my room mate to show up in court stating they put his bill on me... dam!!!! ***.....

I want to hear your story. Thank you