service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem people account

I can't believe I didn't know change to Norton...Am I the only one? Did anyone else overlook this? | Comcast review from Olivehurst, California

I didn't know I needed to start using Norton Anti-virus with Comcast. I thought that the messages I was getting was from the company that I had recently paid off the computer trying to sell me something else. So I told my kids to ignore it. I go into the office every month to pay my bill, I would think that they would alert me with some other form of communication? I mean - how 'bout a commercial? I have no idea where to go from here? I'm searching for others like me...lol. Did anyone else overlook the anti-virus change?

if you are wondering how to get the norton upgrade it's simple. Log on to the comcast .net home page.

at the top right there is a tab that says security. that will show how to download the free norton, it will also *** macafee.

Cutoff for using the internet | Comcast review from Plainsboro, New Jersey

i came home from a hard day of college to find my i-net off they claim i was using to much band with, but they never provide nor indicate what that limit is. what recourse do i have, i want justice. i came home from a hard day of college to find my i-net off they claim i was using to much band with, but they never provide nor indicate what that limit is. what recourse do i have, i want justice. i came home from a hard day of college to find my i-net off they claim i was using to much band with, but they never provide nor indicate what that limit is. what recourse do i have, i want justice.

A while back Comcast published a monthly limit for all internet subscribers of 250 Gig per month.

Compared to limits imposed by some of the other broadband providers Comcast has a much higher limit than a lot of the others.

On your Primary User Account for your Comcast Service they have recently introduced a subscriber accessable " Usage Meter " so you can keep track of your monthly usage.

The biggest usage hogs are those that download movies nearly 24 hours a day or run highly active " Servers " on their residential internet service which I believe is a violation of their terms of service in the first place.

No, I don't work for Comcast, in fact I have issues with them over their unreliable Digital Voice phone service.

They just want to try and avoid usage hogs from bogging down the system for others. You should have received e mails from Comcast about the 250 Gig limit quite some time ago.

COMCAST baddddd

I DO HAVE very bad experience with consumer representative. 1)Ttrimitri id #1011168 2)Carnel id # 1011119 . I made a deal for 3 services,tv/internet /ph at 4/16/2010 confirmation #09507297624.with installation day at 4/26/2010 between 16;00 to19;00 no body show up. I call a consumer services at 4/27/2010 Ttrimitri id #1011168 15;40 for a confirmation, SURPRISE their do not find in a system. A supervisor suppose to call my in 2 h.NO RESULTS. I do not recommended COMCAST . I WAIST 5 HOURS an the phone with no result. 90% of consumer representative are incompetent .

:upset

Comcast Installation

Comcast encrypting channels

Comcast is now encrypting channels; thereby, denying me the ability to view these channels, even though I pay for them. I subscribe to Comcast's extended basic channel line up, including A&E, History Channel, Food Network, Hallmark, USA, etc. They have used the FCC analog-to-digital conversion as an excuse to include many of their own changes and lie about why/how/when the changes are happening. The FCC announcement very clearly stated that only consumer with analog TVs on an antenna would be required to get a set op (digital to analog (DTA)) box. Comcast's changes required that all analog TVs have a DTA box. Digital TVs did not need a DTA because digital TVs already receive the digital cable signal. However, Comcast started encrypting/scrambling channels above 33 as of 3/31/10 and now I no longer receive channels above 33 for which I subscribe. Comcast lied about what they were doing and for weeks did not tell me the signal was encrypted; they said only that my digital TVs needed a DTA which makes no sense. Why would a digital TV need digital-to-analog signal conversion? Their DTA boxes cause my digital TVs to receive a low-quality analog signal and greatly degrade my service. Comcast finally started admitting to me that the signal was encrypted but blamed the change on an "FCC mandate". Now they admit that the "FCC allowed" to encrypt. They claim their reason is because they believe consumers are stealing their services otherwise. First, since they serve their signal per service address, how are people going to steal their service? Second, by encrypting they are simply creating a black market for de-crypting boxes as we had for years. I want Comcast to reverse this encryption change, so that my service goes back to the pathetic way it was; namely, poor programming and hit-and-miss signal reception. At least I was able to view all the channels I pay for most of the time. I demand that Comcast put my service back the way it was. Please help.

CONcast Kim Edwards was a major MOMO to put a request for off the clock work in an email. WIN for you. Edwards and Comcast = MOMO FAIL

Go on Yahoo and wite you complaints baout Comcast. Within 15 minutes you will get a respo from the corpoate offices in Philly and it will be resolved. Comcast monitors those postings.

Comcast was cited by the feds for packing the conference room with Comcast employees so consumers could not go into a federal meeting and complain about Comcast services.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

Ginsburg v. Comcast Corporation et al, case number 2:11-cv-01959 western washington district court and king county (WA) superior court case #11-2-34714-1

It is against fcc and federal law to have any cable or satellite company purposely encrypt local channels and they are required to have a clear and un encrypted local channel signal to households.

I smell a major lawsuit and govt/fcc fine pending against comcast/xfinity about that.

Basically you cannot even recieve extended basic cable anymore. get digital starter (using a promotion=they are money savers!) and recieve up to 78 standard cable channels PLUS on demand, movieplex, and digital music channels-all with the converter box for free!

that way you will get all of those encrypted channels plus still have service to all tv's in your home.

and if you want to recieve all 78 channels on all tv's, call comcast and ask for a DTA box-the first two additional outlets in your home are free, and any others are 1.99 a pop. seriously people, do some research.

Ok just to be clear here, you can still get your channels even though they are encrypted. The problem being is you need a cable card tuning device.

There are plenty on the market right now. Comcast will provide you with the card, and charge between 2-6 dollars a month (FCC mandate).

These tuners are capable of everything except on-demand style programming. (Some actually are but are extremely rare) There are actually a lot of good solutions for this.

I woke this AM to find Comcast has encrypted 90% of the channels including local channels and get this one...PBS. Why the *** would you encrypt a public broadcast station.

Comcast is absolutely horrible. First chance I get I am out.

Yes the same thing here i pay for the ext basic service with internet and i was flipping through and found they have 5 main channels are missing and have been put on the digital box now. sorry Comcast if i have to get boxes you better bet i'm getting sat over your *** service...

i wish yall all the bad luck in the world in what ever form it may be... i hate comcast

The FCC never mandated that cable companies had to switch to digital and certainly never told them to encrypt anything. Over the air analog was phased out so they could sell off those frequencies. Comcast switched to digital so they could sell more (useless) channels, they encrypt them for the sole reason of renting STBs. Why would they need to encrypt them if they control distribution by address.

The only reason I never looked at getting a dish was that dishes require a box, now they playing field is leveled to their advantage.

Die comcast, die.

#204532

Extended Basic Customer here also.

The problem with the Set Top Box and with the two DTAs they gave me is that NONE of them will pass the cable signal when turned off. This prevents me from tuning in the three networks that are on the cable in clear QAM and in HD. This is a problem with the newer sets that have only one RF input.

The instructions for the Cisco Set Top Box says in the instructions that pressing the VCR/TV will put the box in bypass mode. NOT TRUE. Doesn't work and I believe it was deliberate since when I called them about it, the answer is, "you'll have to upgrade to a digital tier" !!!!!

View more comments (35)
Comcast Tv Service

Comcast has limited my telephone and internet services to 2 hours or less peer day for almost 3 week

Since 4/7 when they were supposed to reduce my tv channels, Comcast has limited my phone and internet services to 2 hours or less a day. After 2 weeks of complaining they threatened to dig up my yard and driveway. Their technicians do not arrive during the time period allocated and attempt to not come by either calling the non working number or by calling and hanging up after 1 or 2 rings. When they do come they do not fix the problem. I still have all the tv channels but am without telephone or internet. When I attempted to get service from another provider they would not release my telephone number for another 2 weeks. I am a 69 year old widow living alone, they seem to think telephone service is not a necessity for me. I am definitely pissed.
Jon

:? i don't understand why comcast would do that.

i have been on comcast for almost a year and haven't any problems yet.

try sattelite instead of cable, maybe that'll help. my grandma has been on dish network for years, her only complaint is when its snowing outside she loses reception.

Comcast Internet Service

Comcast Does Not Care About Customers

I have been experiencing bad reception with Comcast. There is an issue with ALL the wiring in my Condo's complex. I have complained several times and have three different Technicians come out. None of them could resolve the problem. I was told by another tenant that is involved with the Board that Comcast has agreed to rewire units on a complaint basis. Once the owner complains they will get rewired. I have yet to see that happen and I have been paying full price for a service not provided. My telelvision will become pixelated and knock out the volume and eventually the whole station. I cannot watch back shows I have recorded on my DVR due to the same problem. I also get a big black screen in the middle of my tv where weird characters appears. One Technician had told me it was the TV's closed caption. Um,...I don't think people on tv speak in numbers,percent signs, and individual letters. The last Technician had the nerve to tell me not to make another service call because I would be wasting my time and Comcasts time. The Nerve! I have had it with this company and I urge other cable companies to bring better value to their customers. They need to bring more service providers to the consumers so they are not stuck with a company that does not care about them and just takes their money. I will make sure that my dissatisfaction with Comcast gets spread like wildfire.
#152044

First of all...Yes comcast only cares about the money. This is Exremely true.

Also comcast is extremely racist. You have to be black to succeed in Comcast. Second of all. Half the people who use comcast internet service dont know what a modem is.

They dont even know how to type. The comcast customer has to be the worst customer on the planet. If your not happy with the service...SWITCH! Issue resolved.

I work for comcast and dont use the services and i get thm for free.

Comcast is a joke. The biggest jokes are the customers who call in day after day. resolve the issue yourself.

Switch providers. If you want real phone service go to a real phone provider like ATT.

I DO HAVE very bad experience with consumer representative.

1)Ttrimitri id #1011168

no body show up.

I call a consumer services at 4/27/2010

A supervisor suppose to call my in 2 h.NO RESULTS.

pretty sure the black screen is closed caption set on your tv, i have seen it a million times, its probably called text 1 if you go through your options on the tv itself, the reason it is random characters is because of the digital box.

View more comments (2)
Comcast Tv Service

Comast charges unfair for digital boxes | Comcast review from Baltimore, Maryland

Comcast charges from when you receive the digital adapters(& this is NEVER disclosed), and not when they are activated, even tho you must call or go online to activate. They SAY that they have no way of knowing when you activate, which is simply a crock, or why would you have to call,etc.??? Comcast charges delivery service for digital adapters unless you call to have them removed even tho the person who called to asked if we wanted them said that there would be no delivery charges. My particulular distain for billing department robot M who then can't believe it when you get angry and raise your voice.

hey cld2024 .. you're an ***.

you get the first two for free if you have any more past that amount you then pay a leasing fee. you don't like it.. go pay for them out of pocket.

its funny how comcast is blamed for complying with fcc regulations.. talk about don't shoot the messenger.

Carol

Situation resolved by Supervisor Cheryl in Pgh., Pa Thank so much for your help.

View more comments (1)

Comcast is a lier

When you call for installation they tell you that you won't pay for that. They tell you that there is no charges. Next month you receive a $149 bill for that *** installation. When you call back to claim. There is nothing to do. You need to pay or pay. They cannot give you a credit because its employee say lies and lies. they are liying to the consumers and customers. I will send as much letters as possible to governmental entities to claim these facts. people aware; COMCAST IS THE WORST COMPANY IN THIS BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY. DO NOT GET COMCAST

One of worst customer servise in

My life they all big liar.thats,how they make the

Comcast is the Worst c in us.lier lier lier

another ***! wow.. how am I supposed to take the word of someone who can't even spell the word "liar" give me a break :x

View more comments (2)
Comcast Installation

Land line Disconnected for no reason | Comcast review from Sunnyvale, California

I still do not have phone service after 36 hours of trying their customer-technical assistance service even though Comcast disconnected my service (not physical disconnection) because I requested a transfer of service to a different location. I have talked top Candice, somewhere In India, or china, Sugar in whatever universe, Miguel in Guadalajara, Clarissa in Asia, or perhaps the South Pole. No results. Finally I got Tony in Sacramento!! No results. This started when I requested that my phone service be transfer to a different location on the 30th of April. No problem they said. I also said that I will continue on my current place till that date. Knowing these people, I told them that I will be using the service at the present location and nothing needed to be done till the 30th. I asked them to repeat back my instruction, and after some corrections (hilarious if it was not so annoying) I got them to repeat back exactly what I was requesting. Good. So, I hanged up the phone. Then I tried to call my wife to tell her that all was in order and the service will be transferred on the appropriate date. No service!! Since then, I have talked on my cell phone to at least 7 different cr with no results. I am sitting here after talking to some supervisors, or someone pretending to be one, and still no service. Comcast is really inept, or indifferent to its customers.

Comcast *** wrapped in Apple Butter

Tried to use Outlook Express on comcast failed with lengthy error codes msg. Went to try and fix it, ran into pages and pages of people who can't use Outlook express. Comcast has been told about this issue by 95% of the residents here in the sunny old south repeatedly. So whats really up? Are Northerners still punishing the south for Civil War, will reconstruction ever be finished. Why is it that all the low down go for nothing companies and dead beat business are in TN,KY,NC,Va. This is the most illiterate, backward, bunch of hide behind the G--d--m bushes billies know to modern mankind. Comcast you lying, thieving bunch of *** heads, get off your *** and fix the problem. Leave the secretaries alone for a couple of hours leave the bank deposits be and read a book called "ETHICS". Does Comcast own the chicken *** group that sells software to fix the problem really cheap?