Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast in New York, New York - Sent a bill to collections for my own equipment

In Dec 2009 I ended my comcast services and paid my final bill. In Jan I began recieving collections agency phone calls about unpaid charges to comcast. I called comcast on 01/28/10 and found out they had billed me for my own modem purchased years before at Best Buy. After being passed around for 45 minutes I was given a ticket number and told they would clear it up and call me within 10 days. I never recieved a phone call except from the collection agencies. I called again the second week of Feb and they said I showed zero balance and collections had been contacted. Yet collections kept calling. I waited until 3/5 and called comcast again. Again I was jerked around for 45 minutes and than told there was nothing they could do. So basically comcast fraudulently billed me for my own equipment , sent to collections without telling me and now refuse to clear it from collections.
Loss

Comcast lies and kills off your analog options

Before we went digital here in California, but knowing it was coming, and relying on Comcast's repeated representations that analog tv through cable would still be available (so not to worry those of us with analog tv sets), I paid an electrician to wire cable and am electrical outlet for a wall mount flat screen tv at significant expense -- based on Comcast representations I knew I would not need a box and I would have the luxury of watching many analog channels on a analog cable ready flat screen tv -- no wires visible, and only one remote control (the one for the TV) needed. Yes, after the "digital" conversion, we still receive analog tv through the cable -- but its not what was expected. We get virtually none of the good cable channels, instead just about the same lineup one might receive with an antenna (of course now digital) There seems to be an emphasis on channels catering to immigrants. None of the channels I used to watch before the digital conversion. What a ripoff! Comcast breached its promise, and I am out significant money. Sham on you Comcast for changing the rules after the game started.

Sounds like you have what you had, but some extra immigrant channels? I don't see a prob.

I've never heard of the package you're getting. Maybe you should upgrade :)

Kind of like them guys from Ford did after I bought a new horse and buggie.

Comcast in Taylor, Michigan - Talk smart to me when i ask for help

comcast ain't *** and thats why im changing to dish network you will never get my money fy comcast today march 1 2010 they keep telling me i have a pass due i pay my bill on the 3rd every month by the 15 they tryin to get more money out of me i don't have money to pay them twice a month kma im movin and they would not change my service over until i pay that but could not tell me where the pass due came from again kma so im getting the dish and kna comcast

Maybe they spoke to you that way because you're an ***. I'm sure Dish Network will love you.

Good luck with them when you don't pay your bill their either. Could it be that you owe more because you never actually paid the full balance on your account?

Wait, you probably don't even know how to read your bill. Can you even add?

*** ***.

Comcast does have Reps that talk to you unprofessional I have experienced it frist hand. The thing about about it you are paying for their services, I switched and went to Direct TV and the rep was trying to tell me how Direct wasn't good and so on.

Have Not had any problems with Direct TV. Comcast retrained your employees to be more professional, If they do not know how to speak to people send them on their way, you as a company is losing very good customers!

Comcast ***

My sons' home burned to the ground Dec 2, 2009. When his wife called Comcast to tell them their home was destroyed, Comcast told them they must bring in the CONVERTER BOXES or be charged over $400.00.One box was under a 50 inch "curled up" flat panel TV, the other was melted to the 36 inch TV in the master bedroom. My son happened to be at the site of the fire with an Adjuster, who said, Calm down sir, I will go back in what is left of your home and put what is LEFT of those boxes in a box for you. Stream Energy (electric Company)told my son even though the home burned, his "billing cycle" was from Nov.17th to Dec 17th, so they sent a bill for over 400KW for a home that burned down to 2 walls and no roof. Does ANYBODY on this earth have common sense or morals anymore?
#122010

Call me what you want I was dumb enough to contact PUC, you now nothing about my son's electric usuage, if YOU could read you would have seen that I said my son did NOT dispute from Nov.17th TO Dec 2, 2008, he gladely paid a $98.00 bill, but MORE was added (stated by Stream customer service) from Dec 2, to 17th SIMPELY BECAUSE OF A BILLING CYCLE. My son got a $0.00 bill AFTER PUC investagation. Which company do YOU WORK FOR?

You seem to be as dmub as a box of rocks. The electric bill is for electricity used between Nov.17th and December 17th.

400KW seems like a reasonable charge from Nov 17 to Dec 2. If the house hadn't burnt you probably would have used another 400 by Dec. 17th. They only billed you for what you used.

Just because their billing cycle goes thru Dec. 17th that doesn't mean they charged you anything that wasn't used after the fire--that's when the bill is sent.

As far as the comcast equipment, file an insurance calim. The equipment was in your son's possesion and his responsibility.

josalynbuchanan

SO IT IS OK TO SEND A HUMAN IN TO A BURNT OUT HULL OF A HOUSE TO GET UNUSABLE EQUIPMENT ALSO INSURED BY COMCAST, WITH NO FEAR FOR HUMAN LIFE, JUST UNSABLE EQUIPMENT? THE ELECTRIC BILL HAD BEEN PAID NOV.20TH, WE DO NOT ARGUE NOV.20 THRU DEC 2, 2008 BUT DEC 17TH?

AFTER THE DEC 2, FIRE????

WHICH COMPANY DO YOU WORK FOR???????? MAY GOD ADD AN UNDERSTANDING TO YOU!!

#120683

Just because your house burns doesn't mean you don't have to pay your bills. Your contract with Comcast places a value on the equipment they have in your home.

You should have home owners insurance to cover this. I am sure you are claiming the value of the 50" and 36" TV's, why not the converter boxes.

Why on earth don't you think you should pay for the electricity used at the house in the 2 weeks before the fire? Sure, having a house burn down is a terrible experiance but it doesn't forgive your debts to others.

#120673

Thats amazingly pathetic

View more comments (4)

Comcast Unfair prices

I'm a Comcast client for last 6 years, I used to have a promotion over the last six months which expired last week, I called trying to renew or extend it, but Comcast did not offer me anything good enough or encouraging. Today I just found a Comcast AD flayer in my mail box about a promotion offering Cable, High speed internet, and Digital voice for just 89.99, also this offer include Free HBO, STARZ, and HD_DVR all for 89.99 a month for 12 months then rolls up to 109.99. I called trying to get this offer and I was extremely disappointed to hear that this offer is just for new customers, I can't tell you how frustrated and disappointed that Comcast did not show any loyalty and offer me even something close to that promotion. Shame on Comcast treating it's loyal customer this way.

Then switch fool! Go get the Verizon FIOS package - get a deal, then switch back. Aaah, the beauty of free market!

I just got the same hosing from Comcast. I can't get a deal because I've been a customer for over 10 years.

Can you spell DIRECT TV !!!

Life is not fair :cry

View more comments (2)
Review
#172038 Review #172038 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Bad Comcast Rep at Best Buy

I recently bought a new HD TV at best buy. The TV is great and so were the people at Best Buy who helped me pick it out. What sucks! Is the Comcast guy who gave me an HD box when I bought my TV. He told me I would be able to save some money if I picked it up at the store and just installed it myself. Well ofcourse the box dosen't work, it is faulty somehow, but it took me 6 hours of phone calls and 4 different people at comcast for me to figure this out! They even sent someone to my house on a saturday night who basically told me the box was broken and there was nothing he could do! I could write a long winded post about how much they suck, but I have already waseted too much of my valuable time thinking/talking about COMCAST. You can bet I will be dropping their services within the week.
#391997

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work.

We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us.

It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste. LOL ROFL LMAO

I don't think that is the comcast rep's fault. If the box didn't work go back and exchange it. He has no way of knowing whether the box is good or bad.

#195058

Well Obviousleee...

You're a n00b

Get pwnd

and John you're a n00b too! "obviously impaired or handicapped" ? That's pretty offensive n00b and you can't get off scotch free by saying "sir"

just got comment pwnd n00b!

#194798

You, sir, are obviously impaired or handicapped in some way. If the HD DVR/reciever was broken, you should have taken it back. Too late now.

View more comments (3)
Review
#171957 Review #171957 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast Upgrade

Comcast is upgrading its network or so the letter states. That means I need to rent digital boxes from them for each TV in my home. The reason I stuck with Comcast all these years is because my digital ready TVs didn't need a box. The service hasn't been great, but I can make a neat clean connection to a flat panel. Apparently they've figured out how to "fix" that at my expense. I don't want the upgrade, I don't need the upgrade, and I don't want to pay more than I already am!

I just got the digital adaptors and cable box. Now my t.v that uses the digital adaptors does not display close caption properly.

My mother who is deaf uses that T.V. I called comcast and was switched around put on hold and disconnected on numerous occasions. Then I was told it wasn't their fault, it was Toshiba's fault. Finally someone at comcast told me that the dta does not effectively allow digital transmission and the affected tv would need a box to get caption.

They agreed to credit me the price of the box if I called customer service every month. Well at least now I do get close caption on that tv .

#120135

Just had to install 6 digital adapters to maintain service/channels in my home. Most of my tv's hang on walls so within days the cheap velcro provided doesn't work and the boxes fall from the wall.

Get's better. My tivo dual tuner won't work any more and the 4:3 ratio stated above is a complete disaster for all the high end TV's i currently have. I'm switching to Verizon this is sickening.

Not to mention i have to pay for their "upgrade" and for installation. By the way, customer service barely spoke english and tried to sell me the comcast recorder rather than help me fix the tivo issue.

Here's the kicker. I just got the new box for the "upgrade" in service.

Before the box I could get several stations with 16:9 aspect ratio on my new high def TV. All I had to do was plug straight in to my TV. After installing the box all channels were in the old stadard TV size of 4:3 ratio.

The solution provded by Comcast? Pay $8 more a month to get HD service.

View more comments (2)

Comcast--you recently brought back

I am once again greatly disappointed with your removal of this favorite program of mine. Once again I am beseeching you to bring it back to the 6 o'clock evening program. It's a grown =-up interesting story--one that is related to the present as well as the past! we enjoy it immensely in myfamily. It's a sensible program, applicable to today-s problems as well as our past. Please don-t torture me with the substitute programs you have presented instead. I hate the ones you have substituted at present! thank you for a prompt attention to my complaint.

Why was channel 67 dropped? My cable bill keeps going up and i have less channels! :?

I wonder what the heck you are talking about

Comcast and Misapplied payments

Comcast changed my phone number, on my request, nearly a year ago, but never changed my number in their files. So, they keep applying my payments to the account of the people who used to have this phone number. I've made them fix it once, overpaid who knows how many times and had my service cut off multiple times. They still haven't fixed it and until today, still had the old number as the number on my account despite my telling them about the problem multiple times. I just got a bill today saying I still owe despite having paid and faxed them proof of my payments. Unfortunately, Comcast has a monopoly on cable service in my area. I think I'm going to file a claim with consumer affairs for my city.
Review

Comcast in San Diego, California - Provided faulty modom twice and bad internet connection

These people are rediculous!. they hooked up the first modom that constantly messed up about 4-6 times a day. so my husband had to take it back to them, and the next modom that we recived didnt work either!. I had called customer service to make a complaint and the *** who took my call clearly wasnt paying any attention to what i was explaining to him about my internet not working . he had the nerve to say, "Go On Line To Comcast.com And File One There" uhm didnt i just say that my internet isnt working!. how the *** do you expect me to go on line and file a complaint!. for the amount i pay for my internet every month i shouldnt have any problems!.