Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast's Extortion Play

We need to do something about Comcast. They just started pushing a scrolling margque across the top of the TV for anyone on basic cable who doesn't currently use one of their cable boxes. It stays there across the top of the screen and just repeats endlessly.... The message says, "If you can see this message, the TV you're watching isn't yet ready for Comcast's digital network enhancements. To order the necessary equipment, call 1-877-634-4434 or go to www.comcast.com/digitalnow to avoid service interruptions. Once you have digital equipment connected to your TV you will no longer see this message." I obviously don't appreciate Comcast's heavy handed approach at FORCING people to use their cable boxes. What I really don't appreciate, however, is Comcast's back door attempt at trying to get people to subscribe to their "digital" offerings so they can soak consumers for more money. Someone needs to call them to the carpet! Call Comcast and ask to speak with SVP Rick Germano about the issue, file a complaint with the FCC, send a note to ALL of your senators & congressmen, send a note to the governor's office, contact media outlets, post comments on social networking pages. Create some NOISE!

All other providers require you to have digital boxes. You can buy your own boxes or get a tv with a cable card slot. Try going to satellite or a phone company and they will tell you need boxes as well.

Those are really good ideas. Have you called comcast to speak with SVP Germano, filed an FCC complaint, sent notes to your senators and congressmen and govenor, contacted the media, or posted comments on social networking pages yourself? If you do, you might make a difference.

View more comments (1)
Comcast Tv Service

Comcast review in Woodbridge, Virginia: A Monopoly Gone terribly wrong and not listening to its customers.

Comcast; gonna keep it short n simple..... Ur Service sucks (works half the time, the other time I have constant blackouts. Your customer service sucks(have ur guys show up on time; if at all) Ur internet site sucks. U have 15 listings for cable in ur pick ur category section and only half that for what u offer in big bold letters on the website.... WTF AM I CHOOSING FROM?!?!?!? On top of that there are different deals over the phone than the internet.... Yo.... Help the consumer out... I KNOW!!!!!!!! u guys have a monopoly practically everywhere east of dallas and who knows where else... but cut us a break would ya... QUIT *** US!!!!!!!!!!

What does this have to do w/Window World? Obviously belongs in the Comcast forum.

They sell Monopoly money at Toys R Us so you can have a super duper amount of $$$. Also, the new versions of the game feature credit cards!

Yup! Cool, huh? Now...

shut the *** up and quit your crying, ***. :cry

View more comments (1)
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast review in Kearny, New Jersey: Raised Rates AGAIN!

I will be looking for new services when as soon as my is contract is up. Comcast has raised rates AGAIN. I cannot afford $200.00per month for their internet, phone, TV "service". I'm done with them. We do not even WATCH the majority of the channels they "offer". Their customer service is just terrible; I do NOT expect to have to go through a *** phone tree with NO option to talk to a REAL person. In short, COMCAST, YOU SUCK! Can anyone out there say MONOPOLY??!!!! AND as for YOU people! 100 WORDS?? Give me a friggin BREAK!
Diane

Whatever you do, don't go with DIRECTV if it's in your area. They bundle with Verizon in California.

They lock you into a contract then raise pricing. If you don't want to pay the increase they charge you anywehre from $150 to $250 early termination fee. A Bait and Switch scam. I was charged for Receiver Protection Plan, which I had decline from the get-go, the when I discovered the charges and canceled, they charged me $6 cancellation fee.

DO YOU HOMEWORK BEFORE SIGNING UP WITH ANY SERVICER.

Also, file a complaint with Federal Trade Commission. The won't settle your complaint but they do track trends of these companies and eventually someone might do something about them.

Comcast Tv Service

Comcast is the worst company ever

On May 9, 2010, I contacted comcast online chating service. The representative who I was chating with was Gianina. She/He was extremely rude and never answered my question correctly. The billing of my service was increased without any explaination. I was seeking for the reason for that but she/he just was trying to mess up with date of my promotion that I had more than a year ago. My monthly bill increased by $2 last month but she/he claimed that this was due to my promotion ending last month. She/He said I had service starting on July, 2009 with a promotion of $19.99 for 3 months and after that FROM Oct. 2010 a promotion of $42.95 and it ended last month and now the regular rate is $44.95. This does not make any sense. what is the rate before Oct. 2010? I asked for the information but she/he just closed the conversation without any answer. Ok, I was having a promotion for $19.99 per month when I started my service back to July, 2009. I was told that I can have that promotion for one year. However, I only got 3 months for that and comcast denied my original promotion which should be one year. They said that $42.95 is regular for the service and I paid this amount until now. Then they changed it again and without any explaination.

Did you have this promotion in writing? Also, have you compared their services to others *** h as Verizon or DirecTV/Hughes Direct Way?OMG ive been there and done that..and so far comcast has been the best.

Yes they do have problems just like the rest..but their customer service far exceeds the others.Their pricing is in the ball park with or with out promotions,,,,hope you have learned one thing in your life... you dont get something for nothing.

Comcast = high blood pressure

The troubles began when I moved from one apartment to another. The internet went out first. Here is what happens when u have a problem with comcast. It took over a week and something over twenty reps. All were clueless. You gave them all the information, they couldn't solve it and passed you on to another rep. He insisted on all the info again. He couldn't solve it, etc. etc. I went through more than twenty reps and wasted several days on the phone. Finally I found a rep. who could fix it. Then the phone went out. Went through the same process online - rep to rep - wasted two days and no phone. They promised it would go on in 24 hours but no luck. More reps. All of them clueless. I have been online the entire day today (5/7/2010) and am no closer to getting my phone service back. The system is broken. There is no central place for reps to go to access all of the email. You are starting fresh with each new rep. The reps. seem to have no training. There is only one alternative - pass u on to the next rep. and start all over again. It is an enormous waste of time for both Comcast and their customers. It generates enormous anger. Management should be tarred and feathered and never be allowed to manage anything larger than a chicken coop. If given a choice, I will never use Comcast again.

Comcast review in Indianapolis, Indiana: Intermittent service for 9 months

comcast on-demand and internet service has been intermittent for the past nine or more months. they recently charged me $50 for the last service that did not fix my problem. intermittent means not working when i want it to work. the technician did not check anything. he just replaced a splitter that they installed when i first got the service. for me to have to pay for wiring that they installed is like a slap in the face. i have had brighthouse (indianapolis) and had perfect service continously with two thirds less monthly fee. the only reason i now have comcast is because they are the only ones available in my apartment complex. i am currently looking for similar service from another vender and as soon as i find one i am forever through with the comcast (robbery)
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast review in Salt Lake City, Utah: "Digital upgrade" is only an upgrade to an old scam

Comcast freaking sucks!This new"upgrade" is no upgrade for consumers, just an upgrade in their costs at the expense of downgrading service. They robbed us of our ability to program our DVR, stole our local HD channels, and the ability to use my remote with the TV it came with... and if I want some(not all)that back, I have to pay at least $6 more a month per TV to "upgrade". They basically told me to deal with it! As soon as I can, we're going somewhere where at least I get to decide what I pay for! I warn everyone: Stay away from Comcast... they are horrible!!!

Ever wonder why it's marketed as Xfinity instead of INfinity? Because if it were INfinity, it would be assumed that you were actually getting more IN your service.

But we can see that many basic functions were taken away, just "X'ed" out, thus Xfinity.

Makes sense doesn't it? :upset

DTA boxes don't work after "easy installation" Tec service now required if I want to get my full complement of stations. Comcast says the boxes are defective. Right!

They think this uproar will go away over time and they can laugh all the way to the bank. We have to make sure that it does not and I am going to make it my new hobby to make sure that all remember the arrogant way that Comacat has treated its customers.

You're correct. Not to mention, the digital adapters are totally unnecessary, because it's a fix they could do outside of the house, but are instead leaving it up to the consumers to make requests.

They are saving costs in doing the conversion on their own, as well as gaining profit from all the people who are going to upgrade service so they can keep their local HD. It's disgusting that they are bricking so many TV remotes by forcing their boxes down everyone's throats. There is no reason that my TV should not be able to get local HD broadcast channels (which are free over an antennae) just because I'm paying to have a coax cable feeding a signal. All of the people who listened to the messages Comcast put out saying you had to do nothing if you had a cable box with them, or have a new HDTV -- Think of how many of those people bought HDTVs just on Comcast's word -- and it isn't like Comcast didn't' know they'd be doing digital upgrades less than a year later.

At the VERY LEAST, Comcast should be providing boxes that are HD capable to give their customers the ability to continue enjoying local HD channels without having to do workarounds (which is Comcast's suggestion - buy more equipment, install more wires!!!) --- This company likes to pretend like they aren't in dark ages, on the tail end of video technology, and to prove it, the announce a big digital upgrade - an upgrade that requires users to have the same type of STBs that they've been using since the early/mid-90s. Yet, the consumers are still the joke for sticking with Comcast.

View more comments (3)
Comcast Tv Service

Comcast-How to get just a little service!!

If I treated my clients like Comcast does, I'd have to live in a cardboard box and eat what I could find in trash cans! But then I wouldn't have cable service, and this handy-dandy tip for you! I still want to take all of my comcast equipment and run over it with a steam roller, but Here's a suggestion which worked better for me: On my third attempt to resolve a dispute I CALLED BACK AND SAID I JUST WANT INFORMATION REGARDING WHERE TO SEND A WRITTEN COMPLAINT BY CERTIFIED MAIL! It got me earlier service, and a $50 credit, although little remains of my dignity or desire to stay with COMCAST. We called in because of some minor pixillation. The technician left us with no service (cable or internet), AND THE OUTSIDE BOX OPEN WITH WIRES STICKING OUT! For the first 3 calls, Comcast wouldn't schedule a return visit for TEN DAYS! after the initial visit which cut off my service entirely! The second was the most amusing....I spent nearly 9 minutes with someone named STELLA (4 of those minutes pleading with her to connect me with a supervior, or a least a human with more than 2 active brain cells, who kept saying "I don't understand what the problem is....I finally dumbed it down to MY SERVICE DOESN'T WORK...AND SHE STILL KEPT SAYING SHE DIDN"T Understand what the problem was! Her "supervisor" SHAWNELL wasn't any help either. It took a call to ROB, and a request merely that he help me get the national address: Comcast Corporate Offices 1 Comcast Ct. Philadelphia, PA 19103 Ask for your local office(s) too, so you can cc them. At that point, they started trying to help me...Go figure!
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast review in Olivehurst, California: I can't believe I didn't know change to Norton...Am I the only one? Did anyone else overlook this?

I didn't know I needed to start using Norton Anti-virus with Comcast. I thought that the messages I was getting was from the company that I had recently paid off the computer trying to sell me something else. So I told my kids to ignore it. I go into the office every month to pay my bill, I would think that they would alert me with some other form of communication? I mean - how 'bout a commercial? I have no idea where to go from here? I'm searching for others like me...lol. Did anyone else overlook the anti-virus change?

if you are wondering how to get the norton upgrade it's simple. Log on to the comcast .net home page.

at the top right there is a tab that says security. that will show how to download the free norton, it will also *** macafee.

Loss

Comcast review in Plainsboro, New Jersey: Cutoff for using the internet

i came home from a hard day of college to find my i-net off they claim i was using to much band with, but they never provide nor indicate what that limit is. what recourse do i have, i want justice. i came home from a hard day of college to find my i-net off they claim i was using to much band with, but they never provide nor indicate what that limit is. what recourse do i have, i want justice. i came home from a hard day of college to find my i-net off they claim i was using to much band with, but they never provide nor indicate what that limit is. what recourse do i have, i want justice.

A while back Comcast published a monthly limit for all internet subscribers of 250 Gig per month.

Compared to limits imposed by some of the other broadband providers Comcast has a much higher limit than a lot of the others.

On your Primary User Account for your Comcast Service they have recently introduced a subscriber accessable " Usage Meter " so you can keep track of your monthly usage.

The biggest usage hogs are those that download movies nearly 24 hours a day or run highly active " Servers " on their residential internet service which I believe is a violation of their terms of service in the first place.

No, I don't work for Comcast, in fact I have issues with them over their unreliable Digital Voice phone service.

They just want to try and avoid usage hogs from bogging down the system for others. You should have received e mails from Comcast about the 250 Gig limit quite some time ago.