Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast = high blood pressure

The troubles began when I moved from one apartment to another. The internet went out first. Here is what happens when u have a problem with comcast. It took over a week and something over twenty reps. All were clueless. You gave them all the information, they couldn't solve it and passed you on to another rep. He insisted on all the info again. He couldn't solve it, etc. etc. I went through more than twenty reps and wasted several days on the phone. Finally I found a rep. who could fix it. Then the phone went out. Went through the same process online - rep to rep - wasted two days and no phone. They promised it would go on in 24 hours but no luck. More reps. All of them clueless. I have been online the entire day today (5/7/2010) and am no closer to getting my phone service back. The system is broken. There is no central place for reps to go to access all of the email. You are starting fresh with each new rep. The reps. seem to have no training. There is only one alternative - pass u on to the next rep. and start all over again. It is an enormous waste of time for both Comcast and their customers. It generates enormous anger. Management should be tarred and feathered and never be allowed to manage anything larger than a chicken coop. If given a choice, I will never use Comcast again.

Comcast in Indianapolis, Indiana - Intermittent service for 9 months

comcast on-demand and internet service has been intermittent for the past nine or more months. they recently charged me $50 for the last service that did not fix my problem. intermittent means not working when i want it to work. the technician did not check anything. he just replaced a splitter that they installed when i first got the service. for me to have to pay for wiring that they installed is like a slap in the face. i have had brighthouse (indianapolis) and had perfect service continously with two thirds less monthly fee. the only reason i now have comcast is because they are the only ones available in my apartment complex. i am currently looking for similar service from another vender and as soon as i find one i am forever through with the comcast (robbery)
Review

Comcast in Salt Lake City, Utah - "Digital upgrade" is only an upgrade to an old scam

Comcast freaking sucks!This new"upgrade" is no upgrade for consumers, just an upgrade in their costs at the expense of downgrading service. They robbed us of our ability to program our DVR, stole our local HD channels, and the ability to use my remote with the TV it came with... and if I want some(not all)that back, I have to pay at least $6 more a month per TV to "upgrade". They basically told me to deal with it! As soon as I can, we're going somewhere where at least I get to decide what I pay for! I warn everyone: Stay away from Comcast... they are horrible!!!

Ever wonder why it's marketed as Xfinity instead of INfinity? Because if it were INfinity, it would be assumed that you were actually getting more IN your service.

But we can see that many basic functions were taken away, just "X'ed" out, thus Xfinity.

Makes sense doesn't it? :upset

DTA boxes don't work after "easy installation" Tec service now required if I want to get my full complement of stations. Comcast says the boxes are defective. Right!

They think this uproar will go away over time and they can laugh all the way to the bank. We have to make sure that it does not and I am going to make it my new hobby to make sure that all remember the arrogant way that Comacat has treated its customers.

You're correct. Not to mention, the digital adapters are totally unnecessary, because it's a fix they could do outside of the house, but are instead leaving it up to the consumers to make requests.

They are saving costs in doing the conversion on their own, as well as gaining profit from all the people who are going to upgrade service so they can keep their local HD. It's disgusting that they are bricking so many TV remotes by forcing their boxes down everyone's throats. There is no reason that my TV should not be able to get local HD broadcast channels (which are free over an antennae) just because I'm paying to have a coax cable feeding a signal. All of the people who listened to the messages Comcast put out saying you had to do nothing if you had a cable box with them, or have a new HDTV -- Think of how many of those people bought HDTVs just on Comcast's word -- and it isn't like Comcast didn't' know they'd be doing digital upgrades less than a year later.

At the VERY LEAST, Comcast should be providing boxes that are HD capable to give their customers the ability to continue enjoying local HD channels without having to do workarounds (which is Comcast's suggestion - buy more equipment, install more wires!!!) --- This company likes to pretend like they aren't in dark ages, on the tail end of video technology, and to prove it, the announce a big digital upgrade - an upgrade that requires users to have the same type of STBs that they've been using since the early/mid-90s. Yet, the consumers are still the joke for sticking with Comcast.

View more comments (3)
Review

Comcast-How to get just a little service!!

If I treated my clients like Comcast does, I'd have to live in a cardboard box and eat what I could find in trash cans! But then I wouldn't have cable service, and this handy-dandy tip for you! I still want to take all of my comcast equipment and run over it with a steam roller, but Here's a suggestion which worked better for me: On my third attempt to resolve a dispute I CALLED BACK AND SAID I JUST WANT INFORMATION REGARDING WHERE TO SEND A WRITTEN COMPLAINT BY CERTIFIED MAIL! It got me earlier service, and a $50 credit, although little remains of my dignity or desire to stay with COMCAST. We called in because of some minor pixillation. The technician left us with no service (cable or internet), AND THE OUTSIDE BOX OPEN WITH WIRES STICKING OUT! For the first 3 calls, Comcast wouldn't schedule a return visit for TEN DAYS! after the initial visit which cut off my service entirely! The second was the most amusing....I spent nearly 9 minutes with someone named STELLA (4 of those minutes pleading with her to connect me with a supervior, or a least a human with more than 2 active brain cells, who kept saying "I don't understand what the problem is....I finally dumbed it down to MY SERVICE DOESN'T WORK...AND SHE STILL KEPT SAYING SHE DIDN"T Understand what the problem was! Her "supervisor" SHAWNELL wasn't any help either. It took a call to ROB, and a request merely that he help me get the national address: Comcast Corporate Offices 1 Comcast Ct. Philadelphia, PA 19103 Ask for your local office(s) too, so you can cc them. At that point, they started trying to help me...Go figure!
Review

Comcast in Olivehurst, California - I can't believe I didn't know change to Norton...Am I the only one? Did anyone else overlook this?

I didn't know I needed to start using Norton Anti-virus with Comcast. I thought that the messages I was getting was from the company that I had recently paid off the computer trying to sell me something else. So I told my kids to ignore it. I go into the office every month to pay my bill, I would think that they would alert me with some other form of communication? I mean - how 'bout a commercial? I have no idea where to go from here? I'm searching for others like me...lol. Did anyone else overlook the anti-virus change?

if you are wondering how to get the norton upgrade it's simple. Log on to the comcast .net home page.

at the top right there is a tab that says security. that will show how to download the free norton, it will also *** macafee.

Comcast in Plainsboro, New Jersey - Cutoff for using the internet

i came home from a hard day of college to find my i-net off they claim i was using to much band with, but they never provide nor indicate what that limit is. what recourse do i have, i want justice. i came home from a hard day of college to find my i-net off they claim i was using to much band with, but they never provide nor indicate what that limit is. what recourse do i have, i want justice. i came home from a hard day of college to find my i-net off they claim i was using to much band with, but they never provide nor indicate what that limit is. what recourse do i have, i want justice.

A while back Comcast published a monthly limit for all internet subscribers of 250 Gig per month.

Compared to limits imposed by some of the other broadband providers Comcast has a much higher limit than a lot of the others.

On your Primary User Account for your Comcast Service they have recently introduced a subscriber accessable " Usage Meter " so you can keep track of your monthly usage.

The biggest usage hogs are those that download movies nearly 24 hours a day or run highly active " Servers " on their residential internet service which I believe is a violation of their terms of service in the first place.

No, I don't work for Comcast, in fact I have issues with them over their unreliable Digital Voice phone service.

They just want to try and avoid usage hogs from bogging down the system for others. You should have received e mails from Comcast about the 250 Gig limit quite some time ago.

COMCAST baddddd

I DO HAVE very bad experience with consumer representative. 1)Ttrimitri id #1011168 2)Carnel id # 1011119 . I made a deal for 3 services,tv/internet /ph at 4/16/2010 confirmation #09507297624.with installation day at 4/26/2010 between 16;00 to19;00 no body show up. I call a consumer services at 4/27/2010 Ttrimitri id #1011168 15;40 for a confirmation, SURPRISE their do not find in a system. A supervisor suppose to call my in 2 h.NO RESULTS. I do not recommended COMCAST . I WAIST 5 HOURS an the phone with no result. 90% of consumer representative are incompetent .

:upset

Comcast encrypting channels

Comcast is now encrypting channels; thereby, denying me the ability to view these channels, even though I pay for them. I subscribe to Comcast's extended basic channel line up, including A&E, History Channel, Food Network, Hallmark, USA, etc. They have used the FCC analog-to-digital conversion as an excuse to include many of their own changes and lie about why/how/when the changes are happening. The FCC announcement very clearly stated that only consumer with analog TVs on an antenna would be required to get a set op (digital to analog (DTA)) box. Comcast's changes required that all analog TVs have a DTA box. Digital TVs did not need a DTA because digital TVs already receive the digital cable signal. However, Comcast started encrypting/scrambling channels above 33 as of 3/31/10 and now I no longer receive channels above 33 for which I subscribe. Comcast lied about what they were doing and for weeks did not tell me the signal was encrypted; they said only that my digital TVs needed a DTA which makes no sense. Why would a digital TV need digital-to-analog signal conversion? Their DTA boxes cause my digital TVs to receive a low-quality analog signal and greatly degrade my service. Comcast finally started admitting to me that the signal was encrypted but blamed the change on an "FCC mandate". Now they admit that the "FCC allowed" to encrypt. They claim their reason is because they believe consumers are stealing their services otherwise. First, since they serve their signal per service address, how are people going to steal their service? Second, by encrypting they are simply creating a black market for de-crypting boxes as we had for years. I want Comcast to reverse this encryption change, so that my service goes back to the pathetic way it was; namely, poor programming and hit-and-miss signal reception. At least I was able to view all the channels I pay for most of the time. I demand that Comcast put my service back the way it was. Please help.

CONcast Kim Edwards was a major MOMO to put a request for off the clock work in an email. WIN for you. Edwards and Comcast = MOMO FAIL

Go on Yahoo and wite you complaints baout Comcast. Within 15 minutes you will get a respo from the corpoate offices in Philly and it will be resolved. Comcast monitors those postings.

Comcast was cited by the feds for packing the conference room with Comcast employees so consumers could not go into a federal meeting and complain about Comcast services.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

Ginsburg v. Comcast Corporation et al, case number 2:11-cv-01959 western washington district court and king county (WA) superior court case #11-2-34714-1

It is against fcc and federal law to have any cable or satellite company purposely encrypt local channels and they are required to have a clear and un encrypted local channel signal to households.

I smell a major lawsuit and govt/fcc fine pending against comcast/xfinity about that.

Basically you cannot even recieve extended basic cable anymore. get digital starter (using a promotion=they are money savers!) and recieve up to 78 standard cable channels PLUS on demand, movieplex, and digital music channels-all with the converter box for free!

that way you will get all of those encrypted channels plus still have service to all tv's in your home.

and if you want to recieve all 78 channels on all tv's, call comcast and ask for a DTA box-the first two additional outlets in your home are free, and any others are 1.99 a pop. seriously people, do some research.

Ok just to be clear here, you can still get your channels even though they are encrypted. The problem being is you need a cable card tuning device.

There are plenty on the market right now. Comcast will provide you with the card, and charge between 2-6 dollars a month (FCC mandate).

These tuners are capable of everything except on-demand style programming. (Some actually are but are extremely rare) There are actually a lot of good solutions for this.

I woke this AM to find Comcast has encrypted 90% of the channels including local channels and get this one...PBS. Why the *** would you encrypt a public broadcast station.

Comcast is absolutely horrible. First chance I get I am out.

Yes the same thing here i pay for the ext basic service with internet and i was flipping through and found they have 5 main channels are missing and have been put on the digital box now. sorry Comcast if i have to get boxes you better bet i'm getting sat over your *** service...

i wish yall all the bad luck in the world in what ever form it may be... i hate comcast

The FCC never mandated that cable companies had to switch to digital and certainly never told them to encrypt anything. Over the air analog was phased out so they could sell off those frequencies. Comcast switched to digital so they could sell more (useless) channels, they encrypt them for the sole reason of renting STBs. Why would they need to encrypt them if they control distribution by address.

The only reason I never looked at getting a dish was that dishes require a box, now they playing field is leveled to their advantage.

Die comcast, die.

#204532

Extended Basic Customer here also.

The problem with the Set Top Box and with the two DTAs they gave me is that NONE of them will pass the cable signal when turned off. This prevents me from tuning in the three networks that are on the cable in clear QAM and in HD. This is a problem with the newer sets that have only one RF input.

The instructions for the Cisco Set Top Box says in the instructions that pressing the VCR/TV will put the box in bypass mode. NOT TRUE. Doesn't work and I believe it was deliberate since when I called them about it, the answer is, "you'll have to upgrade to a digital tier" !!!!!

#198754

Ok so two things:

The people at Comcast you spoke too were idiots..

and you sir, also an ***..

The FCC didnt mandate anything in regards to encrypting channels..

What Comcast did.. was switch the signal from analog to digital..

and yes.. you need equipment..(Like every other cable company oh.. and dish)

The reason your not getting those channels, with a digital tv is that they still need the cable box to read them and transmit them..

Also...

Comcast can change its lineups when it wants.. you pay for the signal not the channels..

in fact due to contract negotiations with channels, tv stations change which package they are in often.. it sucks.. and customers and company suffer for it.. but hey its money, and its business..

Just remember..

EVERY CABLE COMPANY, DISH, ETC.. DOES THIS!!!

Pretty soon.. internet tv will do it too.. nothing is free.

#197142

The Comcast service people on the interactive chat just wasted my time. Twice the two (2) Comcast customer Reps spent 45 times typing how great Comcast is and asked are you satisfied and even when I repeatedly told these reps that I am not they just read from a piece of paper (toilet paper, I presume) given by management.

I have Comcast basic service here in the San Francisco Bay Area and the service is ***. I am now planning to switch to Dish TV!

I just realized today that Comcast started encrypting all channels in my area, not just those above 32 and including local & broadcast channels.

Netflix is a great service, they have a lot of stuff available for streaming. And it's just a matter of time until DSL is fast/reliable enough that I can dump Comcash altogether.

Just like I used to say about USQwest.... :sigh

Eventually we will be paying top dollar for the network and local channels. I was also fooled by the line that anyone with cable doesn't have to worry about the digital conversion, but I went out a bought a new digital TV anyway.

Then channels started disappearing, and I was told I needed a box because the stations themselves were encrypting the signal. Not true. Comcast then said it was necessary to prevent illegal cable reception when in fact it was another reason for them to tack on another charge. They also blame the government, but the FCC never instructed them to take away programming.

They took that upon themselves to make more money. As for their customer service the main reason why it is so poor is because it is outsourced through a BPO company.

(Business Process Outsourcing) My neighbors are dropping the service in droves but we should at least let the government know our dissatisfaction Phone: 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322). There is something illegal about their business practices and they need to be exposed.

The FCC mandate was for broadcast channels only. You do not need any additional equipment to view BROADCAST channels, just like "The FCC announcement very clearly stated"

Comcast is a perfect example of what is wrong with America. A perfect example of how the consumer gets screwed and the government allows it.

The digital TV age has only helped them to come up with a new way of milking the public for money by encrypting channels. I only wanted basic cable and purchased a very expensive TV only to find channels dissappearing daily. This cannot be legal unless the government is in on the scam because that is exactly what it is.

A scam!! I'm done.

I live in NJ. This is A Comcast sham and will eventually result in a class action lawsuit.

Comcast is denying paying customers access to required by law content. The DTA's being offered do not allow leagally required HD local broadcasts through. Until this issue is solved I reccomend a channel 3 bypass from net medeia that will alow local high def programming to pass. This will do nothing for the extended basic cable.

I have had it with this and am ready to put an antenna back on the roof for broadcast and stream everything else I want to see off the net.

I spent a lot of money on a clean wall mounted LCD TV to have the clean look ruined by cable STBs. I'm done.

Cheer up, Comcast appears not to know about qam boxes on channels over a typical 69. My LG picks up ALL unencrypted channels including locals in HD.

Reason: They send everything down a single cable line and I have their high speed web. I have cable outlets around the house.

I live in Fl and the same but as soon as att puts in Uverse i will get it and screw COMCAST

This is ridiculous. I moved just a few miles from a previous house where I was able to receive all my local channels in HD.

At the new location, I too am stuck with receiving it before at my other house.

Later after hooking up the TV, I noticed I was stuck with only basic. I contacted tech support who said I received the signal before because the outlet was unactivated.(lie, grasping for an answer) I was paying for CCast triple play at the time. This was just on a tv (atsc qam) wthout a box. Because the new house has been activated, I have to pay for a box to receive locals in HD.

I then spoke with retentions how "didnt want to argue with me" about local channels are broadcast in HD. This rep continued to state that the goverment mandated they encrypt their channels (lie) and that only they can receive HD broadcast from the locals (lie). I must be *** or have a poor sense of differentiating HD from SD from what the rep stated.

I want to know what Comcast is training their reps to say, because different ones have spouted the same answer that "they are required to encrypt" and "hd does not exist over the air".

This is all a big money grab. It is hurting non cable card DVRs and HTPCs. This is stopping a level of service we have been receiving for several years. The only answer from CCast is they offer DTAs for the missing channels. Little do they tell you about not receiving broadcast hd on it.

No wonder CCast got the golden poo...

Same here. Comcast told us (a work-out center) and at home, that we'd be fine and have a good line-up of channels. Then we loose about half, but a decent selection, then half of those to include all the sports, news and music channels - and this is with a TV with the ATSC/C-Quam tuner. Oh, and without any notice, it just happened. No explanation except to increase Internet speed. Encrypting increases Internet speed???? Not. When I inquire about it, I get this 5-paragraph emial about how great and wonderful they are and how they are first in everything - maybe even walk on water too.

The FCC says that they are not supposed to degrade a signal; i.e., take a HD signal and reduce it to pass along. Well they are. So I've filed a complaint with the FCC; but as slow as they work, it'll be years before they follow up.

I cannot put a box on every piece of workout equipment, additional wiring and safety, and a remote? I hate the box at home, it's slow and must be reset about once a week, and does not pass HD through unless I get a different box for $8 more a month. I'm ready to cut them off at home, and go with an antenna - we have 15-channels broadcast here.

Their customer service is poor. Had a tech come to my house to check why my Internet was slow; within 30-minutes of him sitting down at my computer, nothing worked - my WiFi too. I asked him to get up and leave - took me an hour to get it working again.

I hate Comcast.

Comcast is a greedy TV monopoly. They give less each year and take more and more.

My bill went up another $48 for the year and they can't even kep their playing of shows according to their programmng.

Now they have cut us off from being able to use our DVR because it is not theirs. :( I wish someone else would start a cable company to compete.

slugo333

I am so in favor of organizing and making sure Comcast listens. One thing we can do is start a movement to discontinue all rental of on demand movies.

That has to be a significant source of income that we can affect. Some of may be stuck with their service for now but we can refuse to rent movies. Comcast has become so arrogant that they think they can shove this *** down our throats and there is nothing we can do about it.

It is very dangerous for a company to alienate their customers so badly that they want to take their business elsewhere as soon as they can. I will gladly join whatever movement to show Comcast what we think of their arrogance.

Very unhappy, spent good money to upgrade systems to be ready, only to findout I wasted my money.

When comcast first went digital I replaced the analog lcd tv I have hanging on the wall of my bedroom with a new one that had a digital tuner. Everything was fine until last month when many of the channels started showing up as encrypted.

I called comcast and was told that they only left local channels and very basic channels unencrypted.

They want me to rent another dtv box, but it would look pretty *** scotch taped to the wall. Comcast should give me a refund for the $500 lcd digital tv I bought.

drno is confused. My DTV and computers have QAM and HDTV receivers. For the last 2+ yrs I received about 100 channels over QAM directly to a computer acting as a PVR and to an HDTV. No cable box of any kind was needed.

I also have 1 HD digital cable box connected to the main HDTV for $8/month extra.

What happened in April of 2010 is a bunch of formerly available channels became encrypted. We're talking basic and extended basic channels. I pay to receive all of these. I pay to receive a few movie channels too, but those should be encrypted and only available with a CableCARD digital tuner.

Last August, Comcast provided 2 free DTA converter boxes which will output 480x480 signals. These need to be registered and plugged in to work. They are not compatible with VCRs, so automatic tuning isn't possible for many of us. I own 3 VCRs and none of them are useful for recording TV except about 8 local channels still broadcast in analog.

what comcast is doing is unethical. i think they're incompetant and should be taken to court over this

im dropping comcast also!!! Screw them...they are rip offs!!!

I am mad as heck. So how does this work? I get to pay another $250 per year (HDTV box rental for 3 TVs) so that I can retain my current level of service?

To get the local HD stations, I need to get the HD boxes...

Does anyone know what recourse we have as customers for a remedy? Is this something I should take up with our local regulators for the monopoly? Is it a better business bureau thing? What?

Comcast just got as expensive and as cumbersome as satellite TV. It took me three hours last night with CC tech support to get a definitive answer on how much more my pre "FCC mandated digital conversion" service level was going to cost.

Satellite seems to have more HD options and only a per-household fee for HD (plus rental for the receivers).

Sally either works for Comcast and is trying here to see just how long before people find alternatives or she is having the same problem and needs to pull her head out. This is a total rip off to the American public.

Soon enough their stock price for which they care so much about will be trashed becuase revenues are drying up. The FCC has also done this from day one which is why you have pirates.

Soon enough they will wish they treated us better. And Sally...you ***

You are absolutely right. I've been lied to and accused of being opposed to advanced technology by the Comcast "experts." Since I've spent over $5000 for new technology in the past 3 months I resent their attitude.

I was told that the digital conversion would enable them to provide thousands more channels. So I asked what they were and when I could expect them and was told they had no immediate plans to add any. Do we have any recourse? Would a petition help?

Do we write our congressmen? I now spend double per month for cable just because of the encryption, just to see the channels I always had access to before. I have more devices using electricity and more remotes using batteries. I don't feel like I'm the one who "benefitted." The comment about cable cards for TVs is false - I've asked several experts and was told they were developed strictly for TIVO, although a very few of the older higher-end TV sets may be able to use them.

None of the new digital sets can use them. I also know Comcast has the ability to reconfigure the signals from digital to cable so we could continue to use our existing sets the way we always have. We're being sold a load of garbage and I'd like to be able to have my voice counted as someone who is less than satisfied. Also - do you really believe the government is using the lower analog frequencies for confidential use?

I would hope our government could do better than that. In this case, again, the American consumer loses

I dont care if my signal is analog or digital, but this encryption *** is just that ***. another way for comcast to control and charge fees.

I know just what to do about it. Im canceling my service with comcast. money talks people.

if enough people give them the financial hand, they will respond to their bottom line and provide good service again. Bye bye comcast.

i completely agree with your comment and you are on target. I noticed the exact same problem on the same dates.

i have no interest in another box. my digital tv was picking up the channels until Comcast started encrypting and of course when i contacted Comcast, they told me they were channels i was not entitled to. ESPN and Discovery and HGTV are in the basic package and they are making use their *** little box to get a lower quality picture.

something should be done about it and Comcast should not be able to encrypt their signal. Sally must work for comcast.

Your confusing several things. Your digital TV does not work on the same digial signal configuration Comcast is providing, therefore the DTA's are needed.

They have nothing to do with the digital broadcast switch the FCC mandated.You may be able to use a cable card in your TV to recieve cable digital signals. What you are now seeing below ch 33 in your area is a analog signal and being phased out.

hahahaha :cry quit your crying and ***

View more comments (35)
Review

Comcast has limited my telephone and internet services to 2 hours or less peer day for almost 3 week

Since 4/7 when they were supposed to reduce my tv channels, Comcast has limited my phone and internet services to 2 hours or less a day. After 2 weeks of complaining they threatened to dig up my yard and driveway. Their technicians do not arrive during the time period allocated and attempt to not come by either calling the non working number or by calling and hanging up after 1 or 2 rings. When they do come they do not fix the problem. I still have all the tv channels but am without telephone or internet. When I attempted to get service from another provider they would not release my telephone number for another 2 weeks. I am a 69 year old widow living alone, they seem to think telephone service is not a necessity for me. I am definitely pissed.
F R E A K

:? i don't understand why comcast would do that.

i have been on comcast for almost a year and haven't any problems yet.

try sattelite instead of cable, maybe that'll help. my grandma has been on dish network for years, her only complaint is when its snowing outside she loses reception.

Comcast Does Not Care About Customers

I have been experiencing bad reception with Comcast. There is an issue with ALL the wiring in my Condo's complex. I have complained several times and have three different Technicians come out. None of them could resolve the problem. I was told by another tenant that is involved with the Board that Comcast has agreed to rewire units on a complaint basis. Once the owner complains they will get rewired. I have yet to see that happen and I have been paying full price for a service not provided. My telelvision will become pixelated and knock out the volume and eventually the whole station. I cannot watch back shows I have recorded on my DVR due to the same problem. I also get a big black screen in the middle of my tv where weird characters appears. One Technician had told me it was the TV's closed caption. Um,...I don't think people on tv speak in numbers,percent signs, and individual letters. The last Technician had the nerve to tell me not to make another service call because I would be wasting my time and Comcasts time. The Nerve! I have had it with this company and I urge other cable companies to bring better value to their customers. They need to bring more service providers to the consumers so they are not stuck with a company that does not care about them and just takes their money. I will make sure that my dissatisfaction with Comcast gets spread like wildfire.
#152044

First of all...Yes comcast only cares about the money. This is Exremely true.

Also comcast is extremely racist. You have to be black to succeed in Comcast. Second of all. Half the people who use comcast internet service dont know what a modem is.

They dont even know how to type. The comcast customer has to be the worst customer on the planet. If your not happy with the service...SWITCH! Issue resolved.

I work for comcast and dont use the services and i get thm for free.

Comcast is a joke. The biggest jokes are the customers who call in day after day. resolve the issue yourself.

Switch providers. If you want real phone service go to a real phone provider like ATT.

I DO HAVE very bad experience with consumer representative.

1)Ttrimitri id #1011168

no body show up.

I call a consumer services at 4/27/2010

A supervisor suppose to call my in 2 h.NO RESULTS.

pretty sure the black screen is closed caption set on your tv, i have seen it a million times, its probably called text 1 if you go through your options on the tv itself, the reason it is random characters is because of the digital box.

View more comments (2)