Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast service

my cable box failed so i called comcast on Saturday and they sent out a technician. the technican came out, installed a new box and said it had to be reprogrammed but the program to reprogram was not working. after reprograming i got a blank screen with the comcast scrawl. I called, made an appointment for today but nobody came. called and was told the appointment was cancelled even though i answered the robocall last night. now I am told they installed the wrong box and had to install another box but they can't find one. i am pissed

Comcast scam bait & switch - no bill the same

ConsumerAffairs.com: Knowledge is Power! Consumer news, reviews, complaints, resources, safety recalls Thank you!Thank you for submitting your consumer complaint. Click here to return to ConsumerAffairs.com. The following information was successfully added to the ConsumerAffairs.com databaseNameconnie brennerAddress:949 barron road lot 748keithville , LA 71047Country:United StatesHome Phone318-775-5115Work Phone Email Address:crbhome@comcast.netCompany Name:COMCASTCompany Contact:over 9 differentn peopleCompany Address:949 barron road lot 748keithville LA 71047Country:United StatesCompany Phone318-775-5115IncidentAlthough customer service number states open 24-7 its not. also Tried at 11:30 am today at 800 number and was told customer service was unavailable and to try again. I've sent 2 emails about my erroneous and ever changing bills (not one in the past 15 months has been the same but have never received a response to the emails - last year I spent months speaking to j7-9 different people to correc matter. Never received a logical or adequate response - just kept adjusting the bill. When I finally received CS using local number they couldn't explain my bills for the past year an a half, had to research and call me back (in my experience it won't happen) furthermore I was tolede that "bundling" service does not really exist as my cable phone and interned all expire at different times although all were installed on same date for same period. was told after 12 months my bundle discount for all three services would go from 89 to 110. Now am told each service is expiring on different months ( although installed on same date) that the basic rate for bundle of all three was never 109.99, is not now and never was. Literature I have from your company indicates that after 12 months bundle of all three goes to 109.99 per month plus taxes and any extra channels ordered. Was told I never had the bundled package. now they want to do the same thing this year as last and charge more than I contracted or was promise. Damage ResultingBills are no decipherable not one is the same so I cannot figure outm what I'm receiving or what's charged Been chared for HD service from day one although never received correct box and therefore never able but charged - installer gave wrong box was unable ti connect internet said he'd return next day (didn't and I set up myself). Suppoed to get HBO on demand - but don't - screne says I have to pay for it but my bill says I have been. I AM PAYING FOR SERVICES NOT RECEIVED AND ON TOP OF THAT THIS YEAR AS WELL AS LAST YOU ARE INCREASING MY BILL AGAIN WITHOUT ADEQUATE EXPLANATION AND REFUSE TO ABIDE BY YOUR AGREEMENT AND CONTRACT. EVEN NOW YOU ARE ADVERTISING TAHT BASIC BUNDLED SERVICE AFTER 12 MONTHS INCREASES TO 109.99. WHICH YOUR REPRESENTATIVE HAS DENIED - I HAVE YOUR ADVERTS AND YOUR ARE BOUND BY THEM - BAIT AND SWITCH IS ILLEGAL -- HAVE SEEN COUNTLESS COMPLAINTS ON INTERNET FOR SAME THINGS. i'VE BEEN A PARALEGAL FOR 30 YEARS - DO NOT NEED YOUR ATTORNEY (HE REPRESENTS YOU and THEREFORE DOES NOT REPRESENT MY INTERESTS). HE CAN CALL ME IF HE WANTS BUT HOW HE CAN GET YOUR OUT OF YOUR CONTRACT AND ADVERTISEMENT PROMISES (IN PRINT AS WELL AS COMMERCIALS) i WOULD LOVE TO HEAR.Have Lawyer Contact MeYThank you for your submission. You should receive an e-mail confirmation shortly
Review

COMCAST NEEDS TO CLOSE DOWN!

I called comcast approximately 28 times in the last 6 weeks because I keep getting booted from Internet; they have sent out 8 technicians and STILL can't solve the problem. They called today and told me a tech would come out. I waited over 7 hours the tech never called or showed-up. I have missed hours and hours from work and used up hundreds upon hundreds of minutes from my cell calling Comcast and they still can't get it together. THESE IDIOTS NEED TO CLOSE DOWN PERMANENTLY! They need to reimburse me for my lost wages and phone calls.

My service went out again Thursday (yesterday) and I called Comcast and they tried to tell me that my equipment was bad and that I needed to to replace my router . .

. duh its NEW. After fussing at them I was mysteriously disconnected. A few minutes later my service was restored.

OK, today I got a "bill" from comcast that basically says "no payment due", but it doesn't show the amount of the credit that I have on my account.

These people suck. They should show me on each monthly bill the amount of credit that I have on my account. This company is like a BAD circus act . .

. the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!

I was wrong initally . . . i had called something like 57 times within 2-3 months and the problems continue. No othercompany services my area so I am kind of STUCK with them. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau and Comcast gave me a whole $25 credit on my account. They should have giveme at least a free YEAR of internet and cable service for putting up with that ***.

Thanks for the link above comcastmustdie.com I will be using that to complain also.

Good luck everyone, oh and since February I have now called comcast approximately 73 times with various service related issues. THEY TRULY SUCK and have no TRUE IDEA of what customer service is all about.

:( i have had the same problem internet and phone drop all the time and this has been going on since october 09 so that is what about 10 months but if i want internet i have no choice except at&t which is to slow for gaming but hey i am not giving up the fight have been on the phone with corp office and told them that this is it if they cant fix it then i can no longer pay for it....also check out comcastmustdie.com their is a link to email the head *** at crapcast

AMEN~ I have had the same kinds of issues.

They are terrible! I really hope the whole compants stock plummets and the entire comapny closes down for good. they are pathetic!

:grin you are right

View more comments (5)
Review

Comcast: The Worst Business on Earth.

This Company is, in a word, shadey. They are deceitful and money-grubbing, and it amazes me that they get away with ripping off millions of people on a daily basis. They provide faulty equipment, and then charge you to come fix or collect it. Their 'techs' are corrupt and shady: Our last tech even said he was going to lie on the sheet about the cable wire count, so that he could get paid more, promising it would not affect us. They limit internet and affect connectivity, their shadiness is unrivaled. They control a monopoly on communications in my small college town, and rip off young families and students for profit! Corruption, Greed, and Poor business practices must be stopped.

Walsh, you sir are an ***. You are complaining because Comcast could not provide you with Snuff movies?

Get a life. You are disgusting.

I agree 100% and it doesn't sound like things have changed since I dumped them in 2001.

Where to begin with my troubles with them. I'm in Michigan. Back in 1998 they ran an ad saying you could order the Playboy channel for 99 cents. It was a Tax Day promotion they were running. This was back in the day where you had to call the 800 number for pay-per-view and stuff.

I called and waited, and waited for something to come on the TV. Nothing!! I flipped up and down the channels as I was new at the time to the city. As it turned out, my city DID NOT carry Playboy at the time.

I called the local Comcast customer service number. Told the girl what happened not to be charged the extra $1. She said for some reason the channel wasn't in my area and apologized for it.

The next month I get the bill in. I see not only 99 cents for Playboy charged to me but also $10 for Spice which I DID NOT order!! I called to complain. This rep. swore to me up and down that I DID have Playboy in my area. I said "madam, as we speak I am flipping through the channels again. there is nothing here". She still refused to believe that. I said she could come here to see for herself or send out a tech to confirm it. She of course refused that and it was all taken off the bill.

I was always the pro wrestling guy. I would get WWF, WCW, and ECW each pay-per-view. Each ppv would come on, then flick on and off, then go out totally. I had to call them to get the shows back on and missed matches! This happened almost every time! First they tried to say maybe my bill wasn't on time and paid in full. I corrected that excuse by paying in full each month. Then they said it was due to what's called a "bullet signal" to stop the black boxes. The problem was never corrected.

In Dec. 2000 I wanted to charge the bill to free up cash for Christmas gifts. I spoke to a rep. She told me it was "all set". A few weeks later I got a bill in the mail saying I was past due and now billed for two months!

I got a hold of the area GM. She said "Oh I'm sorry sir. They didn't close out the process. There's no excuse for that". Think they would have given me free cable? Nope. I had to give her the credit card info again.

At that time I got a hold of my regional cable comission to file a report. The head of it was no help. He told me to "just switch" to another company if they were giving me so much trouble. I told him I wanted them held accountable. He was wishy washy and said they only had meetings when there was complaints or new businesses to discuss. He said he'd call me after the first of the year (2001) to attend a meeting. To this day I'm still waiting for that call back. LOL.

Finally it was during WWF SummerSlam 2001. The ppv went out again on me. That was it. I dropped them for WOW Cable. To this day I've never had a problem with WOW.

One day I was making dinner in Oct 2006. Comcast reps came door to door to try and sell me. I told them I'd never go back. The woman tried to tell me they've made "vast improvements". I wasn't sold. Then she casually tells me I still had a $60 balance from 2001. LOL. She said if I switched back they'd waive it. Nope not sold.

When they left I went right on my computer and filed a complaint with the State AG. Several weeks later I got a letter from Comcast showing me a zero balance.

With all the complaints and threats of legal action, I don't know how they're still in business. Now they plan on buying NBC. My guess is, people see and hear all their ads and assume "they must be the best". And they are a monopoly too in some areas. Tons of friends and family would switch to WOW but it's not in their area.

View more comments (1)
Review

Comcast in New Bedford, Massachusetts - Their customer service Blows !!!

Firstly., they bill a month in advance.... That goes up my *** ! Secondly.,If you dont pay their extortion they shut you off ! (Radio Waves) They are a monopoly., If there is ever a competitor comcast will fold ! I mean you can switch to Direct TV but in some cases (like mine) The landlord doesnt want a dish attatched to the house ! I *** hate comcast with a burning white hot passion !!!!! Attica., Attica... Anarchy should set things off., I;d like to see that company fold., Go bankrupt., Be just a bad memory ! Comcast Cable TV Blows ! People unite tell them they suck !

COMCAST STINK LIKE HOT N FRESH TURDS. U right about them jerking u a month in advance. I have had a bill over $159 past due and nothing but trying to be a good consumer I have been current with my bill but am now just $26 dollars past ue and thay got the nerve to cut my cable off which sucks because i get paid friday and was gonna pay them but now im not paying those big barrels of monkey nuts a single penny!!!!!!!!

Review

Comcast has slyly raised my internet rate significantly

sirs; i'm seeking help, advice, or info to try to obtain some fairness concerning the note, in very small letters, on my most recent "Comcast" bill for internet service only.....because we have very few options to get it from any other provider here in sugar land tx (first colony)....Comcast has to be the absolute worst corporation or media provider, i've ever had to deal with in my life..4 SEVERAL DIFFERENT REASONS ...BUT THIS "SCAM" TAKES THE CAKE!..b4 them it was time-warner..but the issue is that i've had a monthly service fee for the last 6 years, for "semi" high speed service, time-warner called it "road-runner lite"..FOR $26.95 A MO. PLUS THE RIP-OFF LEASE FEE OF $5.00 A MO,(WAS $3.00 LAST YEAR)????AND COMCAST IN ITS INFINITE GREED AND WEALTH, IS GOING TO MAKE A SENIOR CITIZEN WHO MAKES POVERTY WAGES...PAY AN INCREASE TO "$48.00" A MO. ....THIS DOESN'T SOUND LIKE MUCH, BUT WHEN YOU ARE PINCHING EVERY PENNEY NOW, INCOME HAS BEEN REDUCED & NO $ LEFT AFTER I PAY EXPENSES, TRYING TO HOLD ON TO MY OLD HOUSE;..ITS TOUGH AND GETTING TOUGHER!!...THEY DID THIS IN A VERY "SNEAKY" WAY WHICH ADDS INSULT TO INJURY BY STATING "RECENTLY WE REVIEWED YOUR ACCOUNT & DISCOVERED YOU HAVE BEEN "UNDERCHARGED" FOR 'HIGH-SPEED SERVICE'. THE CHARGE SHOULD BE $42.95 + $5.00 FOR THEIR MODEM 'LEASE FEE' PER MONTH...YOUR NEXT STATEMENT WILL REFLECT THIS RATE."....THERE WAS NO NOTIFICATION OR OPTION OFFERED..I'VE HAD THIS "GRANDFATHERED" RATE AND APPARENTLY "COMCAST" HAS SOME KIND OF 'MONOPOLY' ON THIS AREA, BELIEVE IT OR NOT,...I CALLED A.T.T. FOR INTERNET SERVICE AND THE LADY SD THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD...BASICALLY...I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THIS COMPANY HAS THE POWER TO FORCE YOU TO PAY EXORBITENT INTERNET RATES & NOT HAVE ANY COMPETITON HERE??...*(UNLESS I WANT TO PAY A MUCH HIGHER MONTHLY FEE & BUY OR LEASE EQUIPMENT TO GET WIRELESS INTERNET SERVICE)....SHOULDN'T THERE BE A CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW SOMEWHERE THAT WOULD ALLOW ME TO GET CHEAPER SERVICE FROM ANOTHER COMPANY??? I DO NOT HAVE A WIRED TELEPHONE @ MY HOUSE, JUST A CELL.....MJZ... THERE ARE 'HIGH POWERED TEXAS POLITICIANS' OUT HERE WITH VERY MUCH WEALTH IN "FT. BEND COUNTY", WHERE I AM LOCATED,...this is where Senator TOM DELAY WAS PRESIDING B4 HE DECIDED HE NEEDED TO MOVE OUT OF TEXAS DUE TO SOME SCANDAL... (HE HELPED RAISE PROPERTY TASES THRU THE ROOF SO THESE POLITICAL CRONIES COULD MAKE EXORBITENT AMOUNTS OF $ IN THE LOCAL GOVERNMENTS, HERE IN SUGAR LAND,TX...APPARENTLY "COMCAST" CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT TO, ALSO ...I MAY HAVE TO DO WITHOUT INTERNET SERVICE IF I GET LAID OFF....
Review

2 Comcast DTAs not functioning???

Picked up 2 DTAs today for "easy installation" for 2 of my 3 TVs that do not have cable box hooked up to them. They worked fine until this week when Comcast began requiring free DTA boxes to make them digital. So I followed all directions and indeed they were easy. Problem was that neither worked after set up. Called customer service. They tried turning units off remotely after walking me through the set up. Units would not respond. Now have a service tec coming in a week. Meanwhile, 2 of my 3 TVs only get a couple of channels compared to the dozens received earlier. Am into the process 2+ hours of my time. Ain't it great!

Comcast raised my rates almost 50 % in 3 months

I can't figure out what happened... I've been a loyal Comcast subscriber for years,,, boy have they changed... I got a new HDTV for Christmas, and all was well when I traded in my reg box for an HD box, and had a few dollars added for HD service... all good, no complaints.. In April, my Comcast service went up $30.. In May, it went up another $25... Why did the cost of my service raise almost 50% in the last 2 months, yet, I get nothing? WAIT!! I can't complain to Comcast!! they'll prolly shut off my phone!! Seeya Comcast... WOW is looking real good
Review

Comcast obnoxious sound effect on phone

Comcast human beings are usually helpful, once you get through to them. But the phone menu is now even worse than in the past because of a repellant sound effect used to fill waiting time. It sounds like someone clicking their tongue in your ear. Ot the sound for calling a horse. In one call you can get this four times, by which time I want to throw the phone across the room. The *** who came up with this idea and the *** who approved it should be sentenced to listen to it for a couple of hours. It's the most noxious customer service phone menu I've ever experienced.
Review

Comcast Phone Service Unreliable I am going back to the Real Phone Co.

I recently changed my phone service from the " traditional " phone company to Comcast. I have had Comcast for broadband internet and Basic cable TV and for the most part it has been reliable and OK. A few years ago their broadband internet at times would slow down to be slower than Dial-Up until they increased their capacity on the local nodes. It has been just fine the past few years since then. The primary dis-satisfaction I have had with the Phone Company ( the one that has always been here since the days of the Bell System ) is that I am paying as much in Taxes as I am for the cost of telephone service. This is Not a fault of the phone company as they are mandated to collect these taxes by local, state and federal agencies. Sure, there have been service problems at times with " the phone company " here too such as trees falling on wires in the streets, lightning strikes , cars toppling phone poles etc. I can't blame them for much of that either. It was primarily the 50% tax on my phone bill. I had inquired about Comcast Phone service a few times in the past and was told their service was 39.95 / month. This was more than I was paying my phone company so I didn't bother with Comcasts phone service. I recently found out Comcast offers a " Local " phone service for 24.95 a month which sounded rather appealing to me so I placed the order for it. The primary stipulation I had was that I would be able to retain the same phone number that I had with " the phone company " for several decades and they assured me this would be done. I geve them a 3 week lead time for installation, the installer showed up on the appointed day and timeframe. The installer seemed knowledgeable and did a good job. I used to do installation work myself so I have had experience in this type of work. When it came time for the installer to have my phone number put onto my Comcast phone service it did not work. The installer called his office and informed them of this and I was told it would take a couple of days or possibly more for the numebr to be " ported " to my comcast phone. I was given a different number for the intrim period which was really useless for me but at least I thought I would be able to make outgoing calls. Not long after the installer left I began getting baraged with calls from telephone solicitor call centers. ( my original number has been on the national Do Not Call list ever since that list began ). To avoid the constant hassles of calls from solicitors, I unplugged the phone and left it that way unless I wanted to make an outgoing call. Two days later my original phone number was active on my Comcast phone service, I thought everything would be ok after that. 24 hours later when I checked again, my original phone number was Gone from my Comcast phone and I was back on a Comcast Assigned phone number. Another call to Comcast Customer Service, going thru all the prompts, waiting on infinity hold for who knows how long and finally speaking to a Comcast rep. This was the first of over 15 more additional hours I would spend on the phone with Comcast. When Comcast finally got my number back on my Comcast Phone, ( about 10 days after original installation ) I did some further testing of this phone service. I had my neighbor call me on their landline phone 10 times within a half hour. Out of those 10 calls, my Comcast phone service only rang 6 times. Four of those calls failed to ring on my Comcast Phone service. Additionally I tried calling my Comcast Phone service myself from my PC using Skype and Yahoo outgoing internet phone services. One out of 4 calls to my phone service, my phone never rang, and I am using a known to be working telephone plugged directly into the back of the Comcast Supplied Modem. In antoher set of tests I tried a second known to be working Western Electric model 2500 series with known to be working interconnecting cable plugged right into the back of the Comcast supplied modem and the next set of incomming call tests were about the same 1 or 2 calls out of four and the phone never rang. There were 6 tests ( in groups of 4 calls ) performed. On the calling end, the test caller heard the ringing in their handset but it did not ring on my phone. A few hours later I tried to make a local call. Instead of a completed call I got a recorded announcement something to the effect of " All circuits are busy right now please try your call again later ". This was a local call in the same telephone exchange I am in ! More calls to Comcast, more time on infinity hold waiting for a rep to speak with. They said they would reset the modem. I was starting to wonder if this is going to be a regular thing now with Comcast Phone Service, having to call them all the time to reset my modem so I could use my telephone. Never had to do this with a traditional phone company ! Later that day I tried to go on the Internet and no matter what I tried to do My internet screen kept telling me that I would have to " set up my Comcast Internet Account ". What the heck is this ? I never had this happen before in the many years I have enjoyed good service on my Comcast Internet Service. Another Call to Comcast with the usual prompts, infinity hold etc to speak to someone. I was told I would have to Delete my cookies, sites visited, temp internet files etc. etc. That was the last straw, I told the comcast rep I had on the phone I wanted to speak with someone there to un-subscribe from my newly installed Comcast Telephone service as I want to go back to my former phone service provider. This Comcast Phone and especially that it caused disruption to my internet was just too much. I don't need a heart attack from this ! Naturally they put me on with someone who desparately tried to convince me to keep my Comcast Phone service and during that conversation, the comcast reps voice just faded out and a few moments later my call was disconnected ! Another call to Comcast, you all know the rest of that routine. I called my former phone service provider ( A Real Phone Company ) and asked what I would have to do to get my phone service back to them and to keep my original phone number. They advised me they would begin the process and also for me to call Comcast back again to inform them. Another call to Comcast.............. I have told Comcast that their phone service is just not working out for me. I'll keep their cable TV and Broadband internet since I am well satisfied with that but I want my Phone Service to go back to my traditional telephone service provider. This transistion back to the " Real " phone company is now in progress. I just want my real phone service back. Maybe " copper " phone lines are not state of the art but for me they have always been reliable, no modems to have to be reset, no battery in a modem to depend on for use of my phone, In case of difficulty I can troubleshoot the system to the point of knowing if it is an in house problem or that of the phone company and at times if I do hear a little static or inbalance hum during a heavy rain storm at least it works relaiably for me. I never missed any incomming calls to my phone with a " Real " phone company and they never misplaced my phone number on me and gave me a substitute one. And what about all of those taxes I tried to get away from by switching away from my traditional ( real ) phone company to Comcast ? Well, next time I pay the bill for my traditional ( real ) telephone service I'll just smile and remind myself that at least I have " real " phone service from a " real " phone company and be satisfied with that. This has all taken place within a two week period and I decided to change back to my traditional phone company before the last billing period with them concludes and they close my account. From now on, no more imitation phone service for me.