Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast Cable - More and More Ripoffs

Comcast NOW requires even MORE equipment in order to have basic cable. I ALREADY have a modem and a router, so that I can receive my cable TV and internet...except that NOW, I cannot get any of the cable channels that I pay for in my package. I feel ANGRY and powerless, knowing that huge corporations pay huge salaries to people who brainstorm more and more brilliant ways to steal more and more of our money. Why don't our government "watchdog" agencies put a stop to this insanity? I am SO angry that I'm willing to join consumer groups who fight this type of greed (since the agencies we pay for with our taxes DO NOTHING on the consumer's behalf). We consumers must STOP these thieves, because nobody at "the top" will help us!

Tech Visit Gone AWFUL - COMCAST COMPLAINT

I have a commercial internet account with Comcast, as I am a web designer and my Internet is my company's lifeline. After experiencing a lack of service on and off for most of the morning, I called to report some issues. I was told someone would be out to my location (between 5 - 8 PM), and after a call at 11:00 AM to see if I was at home, the tech finally arrived at 7:00 PM. He was obviously frustrated, as I was most likely his last stop of the evening. My office is located in the back of the house, while the modem is in the den (where the geniuses insisted it be installed). There is no computer near the modem, but I assumed his first task would be to check the signal of the cable line to ensure the signal was being received. Instead, he asked if I had a laptop. I said I did. "Well, you need to get that," he remarked. I found his tone with me unacceptable. I said (almost playfully) "What ever happened to ASKING these days? I understand you have had a long day, but I have as well, with missed deadlines. I think you could talk to me a little better than that." "I don't have to be here," he snapped. "I am trying to help YOU." I was shocked at his need to make this point. "I can leave right now," he said rudely. I stared in shock that this man had the nerve to come into my home, boss me about, and then talk to me as if I were nothing. "Do you see my children standing here?" I asked. 'Why would you speak to me that way in front of them?" "You know what? Goodbye." The tech gathered his things and began to head for the door. Flabbergasted, I said "If you leave over something like this after I have been stranded with no service all day, I WILL be canceling my contract." I walked behind him in disbelief. "I don't care," he retorted, slamming my door and walking out to get into his van. I followed behind, and he drove away as I stood outside his window asking him why he was doing this. The tech then went to his supervisor and said I was belligerent with him, and used profanity - an out and out LIE. Unbeknownst to the technician, my husband was home the entire time, listening to the entire conversation on a baby monitor in the upstairs room. After my husband and I explained every detail to the "supervisor" who called, we were told that "his side" needed to be heard, and then there would be some "looking into" this. ARE YOU KIDDING COMCAST? TELL ME YOU ARE KIDDING!!!!! DO NOT EXPECT BUSINESS CLASS SERVICE FROM THIS COMPANY. THIS IS JUST ONE OF MANY INSTANCES IN WHICH THEIR PROFESSIONALISM AND THEIR INTEGRITY AS A COMPANY HAS COME INTO QUESTION DURING MY BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM.

Most of these so called Comcast Techs work as contractors to Comcast and get low pay, no benifits, medical or anything else. They get paid less than $20 per call so if they do not complete 20 calls per day they are not really making money.

They are inexperienced with dealing with clientel in their homes or place of business.

Still this is NO excuse for anyone representing Comcast to be rude to the customers.

Too many times the problems are blamed on the Customer Equipment when it really is not.

Why do you think Comcast is in the process of closing more and more of their USA based call centers and having the phones answered in Philippines and India ?

Comcast does not want to pay realistic USA Wages to their employees !

I'm sorry you went through this. I really wish your husband had come into the room to defend you and tell that "technician" right where he and his inept, ignorant self can go. Not only was he wrong and unprofessional but he was very ***.

This is a crazy world we live in and if he had gotten nasty with the wrong person he could have possibly been hurt very badly.

Comcast doesn't care who they hire. Most of these idiots are college dropouts with no real professional training.

View more comments (1)
Review

Comcast raised rates over 10%!!!

Got my Comcast bill (we bundle cable, phone and internet) and couldn't figure out why it was so much more than last months. I called customer service. Was told "higher than normal call volume" (which is what they tell me EVERY time I call), but eventually got to customer service rep. After some research by the rep was told that my bill had increased more than 10% because of an across-the-board rate increase. Was also told that I was not eligible for any promotions despite having been a long time customer who pays in full, on time every month. I think that a 12% increase (which is what it worked out to) is ridiculous. I will be switching cable companies in the near future because Comcast continues to raise rates regularly while the quality of its service continues to decline.
#208857

I agree with you comcast is only treating new custumers with low prices while old cunsumers have to get their prices rised i really hate that it doesnt make sense.

Comcast cable Service

Has been without any cable service since June 18, call to report this made and was told it would be June 30th between 8-12 for a service call. We both work and can't *** work to stay home so now the date would be pushed out to something in July. On Saturday AM I was given some ticket number by a rep who agreed that was too long and said they would be out that day. I found out later that day when I called it was a lie and no ticket exsisted even. We will cancel totally their services.

Have had Comcast for about 5yrs since I moved to Atlanta area BUT I AM DONE!! Over the last several months they have been cutting channels, lost CN, then a couple of others incl.

Bravo. Now I'm forced to use a Box to pick up channels like CNN, but most channels are local anyway, lost everything from about ch. 26 on. I now have a LIMITED BASIC lineup for $34.99.

Have already signed up with DirectTV for the same price.

Didn't like the 2yr contract, but then again, not going anywhere so why not... I AM DONE WITH COMCAST.

Comcast Accountants Can't Count

They didn't show up for the disconnect. So they agreed to pick up the equipment from the front desk. Well they didn't. They just charged me $120. But I am now stationed overseas so by the time the bill arrived it was already delinquent. So they turned me over to collection. When their manager got involved they picked up the equipment (really worth about $20) and credited my account. But they didn't stop the collection agency who hounded me for 4 more months. I finally paid $120 extra just to keep them from turning me over to the credit bureaus. Well, a year later they just notified me that they did turn me over. So now I have a zero balance, they really owe me $120 and They are telling the credit bureaus that I am refusing to pay them. Comcast is not worth the aggravation. Pick another company.

Comcast cutomer service sucks

Ok now I kind of like Comcast's internet but am going to cut them loose. Here is my story of dealing with incompetent idiots. Well about six months ago I bought a new house and transfered my service. Not a problem and they were actually pretty helpful. I have always just paid my bill with online banking at BofA. About two months ago I check for $100 from Comcast. I could not figure out why and it really did not say what it was for. A couple of weeks later I get my Comcast bill and it is double normal. Well I thought maybe I forgot to pay the bill the previous month and sent them $150. Well my next bill is close to $250 and then it clicked to me that they were not crediting my account with my payments. Now is where my long story with Comcast starts. First I get online at night and chat with customer service in India I am sure. Well what happened was when I tranfered my account they changed the account number. Not a big deal but they took the payment on the old account number for four months. They assured me it would not be a problem and they would find out what was going on. The next night I chat again with India and they tell me it is too soon to know what happend and to give it a couple of days. Well three days later I get up and my service is turned off. I call customer service and before I can get my name out my service is back on. The lady was very rude and told me they do not talk to each other as the cutoff is automatic. Well she knows what happened to my money but can not do anything about it. I ask her to just stop payment on the $100 check and the $150 check and credit it to my account. She tells me she can not do that and I need to pay they soon. Well fast forward a week or so and I call Comcast again and talk to another lady. She is much more helpful but tells me they have already maild the $150 check too and there is no way to stop payment on it. She tells me I have until today to pay the bill. Well I say f it and just sent them $250 with my online banking last Monday. Well yesterday morning I still had not gotten my $150 check but I went ahead a deposited the $100 one. That afternoon I got the $150 one in the mail. All is good as I am finally even and all I have lost is some of my sanity and a couple of hours of my life. Well today I get a phone call from Comcast collections department to tell me everything is great and they put a stop payment on the $100 check and the $150 one and credited it to my account. WTF I just deposited the $100 after I was told by everyone that it was not possible to put a stop payment on the checks. I called Comcast back and asked them just what was going on. I told them they were going to cause me to get a fee for a bad check they gave me and even if they did not they now have a $250 loan from the Bank of Shasta. They don't seem to think it is a big deal that I have overpaid them by $250 and might talk to me if I get charged a fee from my bank but no promises. They should have thrown in a month of free service but looks like I will be getting Dish and another internet provider. Shasta

So at anytime did u ask Comcast to transfer the payment over? Its called a misapplied payment!

I can almost bet u didn't!

U didn't check b4 u sent the 150....u sent it cause u assumed that u didn't pay it. If u dnt know whether or not u payed your bills then how do u put trust in an automated system....so ***!

Comcast ripping consumers off

comcast once said that you would still get all your channels and wouldn't have to do anything for the digital conversion. now you have to get adapters only 3 free for old tv's after that you have to rent or buy them if you don't have digital tuner tv's. so i bought some new tv's and all was fine. now they are scrambling the digital signals so your digital tuner can't display them, forcing you to rent their digital set top boxes at 15.00 each per month. i already pay for the channels, now i have to rent the equipment to viem them. talk about double dipping into the consumers pocket.

5 years ago comcast came to my house to install cable and make a long story short broke my tiles.To this day they haven't done a *** thing to fix it.On top of that THEY TOOK OFF THE ONLY CHANNEL I LOVE, THE HISTORY CHANNEL.Bottom line Comcast sucks!!!!!!

I'm just another powerless consumer, being jacked around by conglomerates like Comcast, who are in no way held accountable. Their greed and avarice go unchecked. What can we do?

if up to 3 boxes were free, why on earth would you go out and spend hundreds/thousands on new tv's? just so you wouldnt need a box? seems *** if you ask me.

If there was any competition in the market, then this would be a non-issue.

View more comments (3)
Review

Repellent sound effect on Comcast phone menu

If there is any way to make a phone menu worse, Comcast has found it. While you wait for the next step in the phone menu, you get a sound effect that sounds like someone clicking his tongue in your ear. Or like someone calling a horse. Since you have to answer several questions to get a live person, you hear this repellant sound probably four times. By then I want to throw the phone across the room. Whoever came up with this, and the *** who approved it, should be forced to listen to it for an hour. I can't be the only person who despises this obnoxious sound effect.

the comcast phone menu doesnt have that in new england, but i know the sound you're talking about as my sister in chicago told me about it. they are inconsistent with their menus and services in seemingly every state.

Comcast employees are lying

i wanted to take asian channek package from comcast so when i caleed first time they give me 29.99 english channel+asin channel. when i called them after 5min back they said 39.99+asain in 3rd time they come on 69.99 so i talked three people and they all are saying diffrent things.. so be careful. so all the time they are giving me wrong information.. and the funny thing is that they don have ny spcial number that we can file a complain. so the company whoes staff is saying all time wrong information how can we trust on them.. they might be gona say something else after getting their services.. the better i like dish network they are very nice and quick service process and that whats we like..
Loss

Comcast in Washington, District Of Columbia - Pathetic Manager

Thank you! Thank you for submitting your consumer complaint. Click here to return to ConsumerAffairs.com. The following information was successfully added to the ConsumerAffairs.com database Name Paula Booker Address: 9348 Ridges Meadow Lane Knoxville , TN 37931 Country: United States Home Phone 693-1770 Work Phone Email Address: p.booker@comcast.net Company Name: Toyo Ext. 51134 Company Contact: Toyo Ext. 51134 no last name provided Company Address: Knoxville TN 37931 Country: United States Company Phone 865-637-5411 Incident 6/8/2010 To: the Comcast Manager and President I am upset about your company harrassing me (Toya @ extension 51134) about a non-issue from the past. I have used comcast for many years, and all of my families as well. One of your employese gave me, my pre-paid monthly fee back because I was in good standing when I changed to another company. This change was due to losing a job. I had to cut back. This was in 2008. Later today I rebutted this old charged (again) because my pre-paid month was returned to me. That alone establishes that I was in good standing, and I owed nothing monetarily. I was told Comcast would pick up the box. I was not working during that period. I was layed off. How can your company state that because comcast stated they would pick it up, It is my fault. No I did not make your employees pick up your box within a week, it is not my fault. This has been two years. I paid my bills or I would not have been refunded. I have requested comcast to not harrass me any more. I have requested data from Knology to document when I started using Knology. Paula Booker, 9348 Ridges Meadow Lane, Knoxville TN 37931 9. Termination Of This Agreement a. Term. This Agreement will be in effect from the time that charges commence until (i) it is terminated as provided for by this Agreement or by any addendum to this Agreement or (ii) it is replaced by a revised Agreement. If you self-install Comcast Equipment, Service charges begin the earliest of (i) the day on which you picked up Comcast Equipment at our service center, (ii) the day you install the Service, or (iii) five (5) days after the date we ship the Comcast Equipment to you. If you self-install an MTA, cable modem or converter that you obtained from a source other than Comcast, charges begin the day that your order for the Services is entered into our system. The option to self-install an MTA, cable modem or converter and/or to use a non-Comcast-supplied MTA, cable modem or converter is subject to availability. Any non-Comcast supplied MTA, cable modem or converter must comply with Comcast's minimum requirements. b. Termination by You. Unless you have signed a minimum term addendum, you may terminate this Agreement for any reason at any time by notifying Comcast in one of three ways: (i) send a written notice to the postal address of your local Comcast business office; (ii) send an electronic notice to the e-mail address specified on www.comcast.com; or (iii) call our customer service line during normal business hours. ( P.B. called the Oak Ridge branch to discontiinue comcast services on (or around) the October 2008. ) I am waiting for proof. Subject to applicable law or the terms of any agreements with governmental authorities, all applicable fees and charges will accrue until this Agreement has terminated, Paula states; the Services was disconnected, and all Comcast Equipment has been returned. Paula states; Why did comcast not contact me earlier? The dates were scheduled. They did not show up on the Saturday. Paula states; I was in proper standing, I was refunded $135.72, advance bill. Comcast was not in use at all from 12-19-2008 on. (Ordered verification of the start date for Knology) We will refund all prepaid monthly service fees charged for Services after the date of termination (less any outstanding amounts due Comcast for the Services, affiliate services, Comcast Equipment, or other applicable fees and charges). I Paula Booker called Comcast on in December 2008 to inform Comcast I had cancelled all comcast services and I had installed Knology services on 12-19-2008. Comcast asked me to provide a date to come to my home and remove all comcast equiptment (the box). I told them after work was fine, but they wanted me to miss my job. I was refunded $135.72, advance bill. THAT PART IS RIGHT! Later, (Comcast) waited to come my home January 2, 2009 to pick up their box, and recently requested me to pay another bill because they did not come to my home (to pick up box, all of a five minute job) before the end of the month of December 08. I was not working full time during this period. I was available. I had Knology phone, cable TV and internet. NOT my fault, I wasn't using it, I had Knology. c. Suspension and Termination by Comcast. Under the conditions listed below, Comcast reserves the right, subject to applicable law, to act immediately and without notice to terminate or suspend the Services and/or to remove from the Services any information transmitted by or to any authorized users (e.g., email or voicemail). Comcast may take these actions if it: (i) determines that such use or information does not conform with the requirements set forth in this Agreement, (ii) determines that such use or information interferes with Comcast's ability to provide the Services to you or others, (iii) reasonably believes that such use or information may violate any laws, regulations, or written and electronic instructions for use, or (iv) reasonably believes that such use or information interferes with or endangers the health and/or safety of our personnel or third parties. Comcast's action or inaction under this Section shall not constitute review or approval of your or any other users' use of the Services or information transmitted by or to you or users. d. Your Obligations upon Termination. You agree that upon termination of this Agreement you will do the following: i. You will immediately cease all use of the Services and all Comcast Equipment; ii. You will pay in full for your use of the Services up to the date that this Agreement has been terminated and the Services are disconnected; and iii. Within ten (10) days of the date on which Services are disconnected, you will return all Comcast Equipment to us at our local business office or to our designee in working order, normal wear and tear excepted. Otherwise, you will be charged the amount set forth in the current pricing lists for such Comcast Equipment, or the revised amount for which you receive notice; if no amount has been specified for the particular model of Comcast Equipment, you will be charged the retail price for a new replacement. You may also be charged incidental costs that we incur in replacing the Comcast Equipment. Upon our request, you will permit us and our employees, agents, contractors, and representatives to access the Premises during regular business hours to remove the Comcast Equipment and other material provided by Comcast. We will conduct this removal at a time agreed on by you and us, and you will ensure that all Comcast Equipment is returned to Comcast. We will conduct this removal at a time agreed on by you and us, and you will ensure that all Comcast Equipment is returned to Comcast. (iii) I called customer service line during normal business hours. Paula Booker notified Comcast verbally to discontinue comcast services and I gave the date and time and they agreed to meet me at my home for the scheduled time, per the agreement between customer and supplier. Subject to applicable law or the terms of any agreements with governmental authorities, all applicable fees and charges will accrue until this Agreement has terminated, the Services have been disconnected, and all Comcast Equipment has been returned. We will refund all prepaid monthly service fees charged for Services after the date of termination (less any outstanding amounts due Comcast for the Services, affiliate services, Comcast Equipment, or other applicable fees and charges). a. Your Obligations upon Termination. You agree that upon termination of this Agreement you will do the following: i. You will immediately cease all use of the Services and all Comcast Equipment; P.B. Completed, My service was turned off by my request, Oct. or Dec.9-2008. For your information I am getting copies from Knology to show you when the contract was initiated between me and Knology. ii. You will pay in full for your use of the Services up to the date that this Agreement has been terminated and the Services are disconnected; P.B. Completed! Comcast gave my money back for the previous month (due to comcast billing a month ahead). Comcast should have came to pick up their equipment after work hours or the first Saurday. They did not have the resources or wanted more money by not picking up the hardware before the 10 days. Not my problem, it is Comcast problem. I did not have any delays when I started the service, and the honest employee who returned my money, knew I was in good standing. Comcast is to blame for not picking up their box and they left it my home two days over their limit… NOT my fault, that is comcast fault. I will send a copy of when Knology took over. When I moved to my new place, Comcast provided the new box quickly, no delay. Why is their tardiness my problem? It is not my problem. As the manager stated they picked it up. iii. Within ten (10) days of the date on which Services are disconnected, you will return all Comcast Equipment to us at our local business office or to our designee in working order, normal wear and tear excepted. Otherwise, you will be charged the amount set forth in the current pricing lists for such Comcast Equipment, or the revised amount for which you receive notice; if no amount has been specified for the particular model of Comcast Equipment, you will be charged the retail price for a new replacement. You may also be charged incidental costs that we incur in replacing the Comcast Equipment. Upon our request, you will permit us and our employees, agents, contractors, and representatives to access the Premises during regular business hours to remove the Comcast Equipment and other material provided by Comcast. We will conduct this removal at a time agreed on by you and us, and you will ensure that all Comcast Equipment is returned to Comcast. Termination by You. Unless you have signed a minimum term addendum, you may terminate this Agreement for any reason at any time by notifying Comcast in one of three ways: (i) send a written notice to the postal address of your local Comcast business office; (ii) send an electronic notice to the e-mail address specified on www.comcast.com; or (iii) call our customer service line during normal business hours. P.B. I did. Subject to applicable law or the terms of any agreements with governmental authorities, all applicable fees and charges will accrue until this Agreement has terminated, the Services have been disconnected, and all Comcast Equipment has been returned. We will refund all prepaid monthly service fees charged for Services after the date of termination (less any outstanding amounts due Comcast for the Services, affiliate services, Comcast Equipment, or other applicable fees and charges). P.B. there were no other applicable fees or charges. Documents will be provided to dictate and prove Knology start date at my home and how they scheduled appointments and did not show. I will make sure my family and friends knows how they will be treated when they use comcast. Paula Booker June 9th 3:27 Damage Resulting Streesed, and I should not have to ask for help, for alleging issues. I will never use comcast again, and I will tell my family and freinds about the bad customer service. Have Lawyer Contact Me Y Thank you for your submission. You should receive an e-mail confirmation shortly COMCAST IS GREEDY and LIES