Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast in Chicago, Illinois - Unauthorized charges/ no refund

This horror story involves a series of errors Comcast made. I called on May 27, 2010 and cancelled all Comcast services. At the time, I was told we would receive a refund in the amount of $120.30 within 3-6 weeks. We still await this refund as I write this, almost three months later, despite many, many phone calls, misinformation from varied Comcast employees, and tremendous frustration on our part. In fact, Comcast last week promised it would arrive by Wednesday. I was told this at least five times by three different Comcast reps. When it did not arrive, I called and was told that, in fact, it would be here between Wednesday and Friday (this was the first mention of a Thursday or Friday arrival – and at least the 14th phone call regarding this matter). Even more alarming, despite the cancellation, Comcast initiated an electronic funds withdrawal from our checking account a month later for almost $300. This unauthorized charge to our account was well after our service was cancelled, and after all Comcast equipment was returned. Even worse, Comcast never provided notice to us that it was going to, or in fact did, remove these funds from our account. As a result, our account was short the following month and we were charged overdraft fees resulting in an additional $408.00 billed to our account. Despite our efforts, the bank is only willing to waive $70.00 of these fees; we were directed back to the responsible merchant (Comcast) regarding the balance. As such, Comcast's series of errors has caused our family direct damages in the amount of $727.77. Comcast is responsible for reimbursing us not only the original refund amount ($120.30), and the erroneous charge in June ($269.47), but all incurred bank charges due to the unauthorized taking of our funds ($338.00). We were loyal Comcast customers for almost five years. During this time, we never missed a payment and always paid on time. The way this situation has affected our finances, with little or no sympathy or action on Comcast's part, is both disgusting and disheartening; at a minimum, it is actionable. We will have to see how all of this plays out, but I will avoid all things Comcast from now, and strongly suggest everyone do the same. This is no way to treat customers, and enough is enough. If you have experienced anything similar, post and let everyone know. I smell class-action suits in the air!

XFAILITY/COMCRAP. I worked at the Lynnwood, WA call center where a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent email telling to work off the clock without pay.

We were fired when we complained to HR, but Kim (who is on her 4th husband) still works there.

We are going to win a class action lawsuit against them. call retention dept and ask for discounts/promos.

If you think it's bad being a Comcrap customer it's way worse being an employee. Former employees won a class action lawsuit for making us work off the clock without pay. Call Retention Department to get discounts.

Comcast promotion scam

I have been billed for unauthorized HBO charges for 16 months since October of 2010. I have never ordered, authorized or used the HBO service. Comcast refused to refund the charges. According to the service rep, Ceasar (Employee ID 0310), the HBO charges debits and credits appeared on my monthly statements indicates that I am responsible for the payments if I don’t contact them to cancel the services after the 6 months trial period. The fact is that I set up auto payment and paperless statements, and then was too busy to review the details of the charges. However, the burden of proof should not be on the customers. The fact that we have an account with Comcast does not mean that they have the authority to add any charges in the name of “special offers” to my account and make the customers liable to the charges if they don’t notice and correct them in time. As I reviewed the details of the charges, I noticed that Comcast added another Cinemax “special offer” to my account without authorization recently in August. If I again overlook this, I will be charged for the Cinemax service starting in 2 months regardless of whether I am aware of the charges and the service being available.

I have been a loyal Comcast customer for almost a decade. I do not mind paying extra for the services I use and in fact been using their premium packet plus add-ons. However, I refuse to pay for services I neither use nor authorize. It is just unfortunate that Comcast chooses to adopt these dishonest business practices and promotion scams. I do not believe Comcast has the right to rob customers like these. Is anybody aware of any class litigation action to protect consumer rights? I’d like to be part of it.

had enough

i am happy to report that comcast FINALLY paid the $ they owed me, hand-delivered, in fact. and while i appreciate the fact that i was able to find ONE person over there to do their job, it stinks that it took SOOOO much work/effort on my part to get what was mine in the first place. i still hate comcast, but at least i can be done with them for once and for all.

Call the Public Service Comission !

When I had terrible trouble with Comcast, I called the HQ offices in Philadelphia and asked to speak to the CEO. I got to his office and the secretary got my complaint kicked up to the top tier of support.

A day later a regional Comcast manager contacted me and we worked out all the problems. This might not work for everyone but I was sweet as pie and they were willing to help me. Make sure to tell them how much trouble you've had at the first support tier and you want so action.

Try this phone number: 215-286-1700 MAKE SURE they do not put you in the regular customer service ***. Tell them you want your problem put in the Executive Service ***.

Comcast has horrible customer service. But being as large as they are, it really doesn't seem to matter.

View more comments (7)
Review
#196010 Review #196010 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast

Comcast turned me into a collection agency after 10 years of service. I terminated my services due home relocation. In the shuffle the final bill was issued without any evidence it was delivered to my residence No doubt my last payment ( $104 ) was 30 plus days late but in my opinion that action was unnwarranted after being a customer for 10 years and over $7200 of service fees. I spoke to the corporate escalations department stating I had no problem paying the bill, but I definitely did not appreciate Comcast turning me into a collection agency. Beware of the final bill and the timeliness of its payment.

:cry You screw up and you know it.

OMG cry me a river....pay attention!....after being with comcast 4 10yrs did u not realize that they bill ahead? Ok, so if you shut off service after a bill has posted then guess what?

YOU OWE! When you moved did you lose the ability to forward ya mail? Exactly!

So because you didn't keep up with your responsibilities its some1 elses fault? Please find a new hobbie!

View more comments (1)
Review
#195749 Review #195749 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Comcast=Comcrap

We have been customers of Comcast for a long time. but recently they switched the normal cable service to digital cable. The upgrade was supposed to be free, but they had other plans for us. FIrst off, we now all need a converter box for each of our TVs. And it requires a plug in transformer to operate. So there goes one outlet... forever. So We get 6 Boxes with one huge box the size of a small desktop computer. Which we did not need nor order. So we get charged extra for that. Then we had to call Comcast and wait 40 minutes to sync our service because all the boxes have to synced to a frequency. So we Tried 4 times and it did not work. 4x40=160. That is 2 hours and 40 minutes on the phone! After only getting 2 working channels, we sent in the box that was not woking (large one). They then charged us for another box and repairs on the box that came to us broken. We went through 3 boxes. And we also have internet through them. And It staring to act up...

Hello I know U have got 2 b smarter then that! I Bet U actually sat down and read your terms n conditions b4 U said "yeah schedule me for the earliest appt!

I need my cable on now!" Look they made the rules and u had 3 options Agree and Accept, Disagree and Neg., Disagree and Take your business else where!

Stop acting like some1 did something 2 purposely harm or inconvience you! Next time b a little wiser b4 u make decisions!

Review
#195272 Review #195272 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Comcast in Mount Laurel, New Jersey - Can't get service canceled

We are moving and trying to cancel service. I called and they wanted $15 to come out and pick up the box and router. Because of the moving pressures I said "OK". That was three days ago - today I get a call asking why we are canceling service and asking how we are going to get the equipment back to them. I was angry but gave them a name, date and time of the person I spoke to and said I had an appointment for a pick up on the 25th. The caller said I did not have an appointment. Of course between this were the mandatory long long long periods on hold. Since we are moving out of state I told the person to give me the address of the Comcast store and I will drop it off. I just did not trust comcast to show up and I did not want to get charged for the equipment. So, when I get to VA I have to decide what to do - cable or direct TV. How much worse could Direct TV be? I have an idea for a new Comcast slogan "Comcast - we make the US Post Office look good!" Comcast if you want to call me my comcast number is 651.528.6393 but it will only be good for another two days then I will be free at last!
Review
#195269 Review #195269 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast Customer "Lip" Service

We had Comcast cable installed over one year ago. The remotes on 3 of the 4 TV's work fine (channel changer, volume, etc...), except the one in a bedroom. The same type of TV (same model #) is in our kitchen and the remote works fine. We have complained numerous times to Comcast and a service person has been to the house several times, and several new remotes were tried. Still only changes the channel and turns the Comcast receiver off. Finally installed a new HD TV in the room and STILL Comcast could not get their remote to work! They gave numerous excuses and suggested we get a universal remote or contact the HD TV manufacturer. In the end, we returned the HD TV and finally found a universal remote that worked. Comcast customer service STINKS!

This is exactly what is happening with us, and we get the joy of paying for what does not work on the remotes

Review
#194775 Review #194775 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast Xfininty Downgrade

It is clear that comcast has not been very forthcoming regarding its so called xfinity upgrade. They appear to be basically scrambling the existing cable signal then providing you with a converter box that unscrambles and reverses the process while downgrading HD channels to 480 Standard Definition. This downgrade is free for two digital converter boxes but any additional units will cost you $1.99 per month for now. So if you were enjoying HD which most new TV's are quite capable of receiving it appears that this is now a thing of the past unless of course you want to upgrade to their digital full size HD box for a mere 10 per month. When I asked them why this upgrade(really a downgrade) was required they said that it was needed to protect their programming content. Seemed to be able to protect it quite well prior to this. Now I need another widget hanging off each TV to make them work, and I am sure that this was all intended to provide Comcast with complete control over HD content thereby forcing you to rent more equipment to restore it. I am not at all please with this. Dispite the poorest economic situation in over thirty years they have found a way to generate more revenue at the consummers expense. If somebody from comcast can further explain this situation I would be glad to hear their point of view. Their service is almost as costly as a car payment.

Class-action- suit ?

Review
#194600 Review #194600 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Problems sending email via Comcast stmp

This past week, have suddenly been unable to send email via stmp.comcast.net. Called and spoke to a very unpleasant person who had no idea what to do. After further research and frustration, used their online "chat"...spent a half-hour online with no final resolution whatsoever. I use Eudora, so their final answer was to call Eudora. giving me a phone number that no longer works. This, after two full weeks of very sporadic internet/television access... because of "a downed pole" in our area. We finally went through our county's internet complaint bureau... and finally got it resolved. Comcast is terrible!
Review
#194070 Review #194070 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast will not respond to their risky error

I have phone/internet/cable tv with Comcast. I pay them a monthly fee to have my phone number "non-published" which per their CSR means that the name, address, and phone number will not be published in the white pages of the phone book and associated internet phone books. Of course they have published my information. Most people have reasons to ask and pay for this service. In a nutshell I need this so that a violent past relationship person could not find me in the phone book. Yes, I have of course taken other actions to keep him from knowing my whereabouts, but this error just puts my right out there. I spoke to Comcast on 8/9/10, "S" was the rep, she was so sorry and upset. She promised to talk to her supervisor and call me back on the 11th or the 12th with some kind of resolution. She let me know she was not working on the 13th so she would not be calling on that day. Guess what, no call from her or anyone from Comcast. I called "S" on Sat 8/14/10, was on hold for 20 minutes, then gave CSR "D", gave her a briefing on the prob. Then gave her "S's" extension #. "Oh, "S" sits right in a cubicle close to me so I will give her a note to call you". "When?" I asked. She assured me "S" would call shortly. This was at 1:24 p.m.. At 4:30 p.m. no call back, so I called. "H" tried to transfer me to "S" but all he got was a busy signal so he checked and found out that she had left for the day. I told him I needed to talk to a manager. He gave me several reasons why I couldn't talk to one, (all to *** to even bore you with). Finally he agreed to send a request out and I might get a call by Monday 8/16/10. I am going to switch my services and contact as many organizations, sites like this and even possible that I may take some other type of legal action. I guess that Comcasts customer satisfaction pledge is worthless, at least to me. They say they support the communities that they service. I guess that domestic violence and child molestation is not anything they care about.

I subscribed to Comcast Phone Service for a very short time. I think they sell peoples info because soon after they connected me I got bombarded with phone solicitor calls even though my number has been on the National Do Not Call list for many years.

Two weeks after having Comcasts phone service, I switched back to my traditional ( real ) phone company. Comcasts phone service sound quality was poor, I was missing calls , it was just too rediculos for me.

Review
#194024 Review #194024 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast Cable

Comcast will not show for scheduled appointments. They will tell you all day long that a technician will be out only to learn that the day was wasted because of waiting on someone to do what they say they are going to do. It is terrible how they want tat money but how quick they will blow you off and lie to you just to get you off the phone. Pissed is a mild term for how I truly feel about this cable company and that is the truth. Do not miss work or change your day to wait for these people because they do not practice integrity. They will offer no refund no nothing for their lack of service but will, indeed, send you a bill on time. They are the worse cable company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with!! Do not make the same mistake and deal with these incompetent idiots.
redrockgirl73

I have the same problem with comcast. They say that they will be there to fix the problem, but never show up or you have to wait all day for them.

I made the worst mistake of my life by going with the triple play package and I have nothing but problem after problem. They have given me so many credits that I finally said I don't want those anymore, I just want the service I pay for. We are on old aldephia cable lines and they just want to put a piece of tape on it to fix it. This has been going on for 3 years and I'm about to dump them.

We pay $130 a month for *** service. It's sad when even the main supervisors come out and can't fix the problem. I live in Stafford, Va and they are horrible. To bad they are they only company out here, but I am SO willing to give The dish network a try even though I live in the woods.

I would even go for FIOS if we could get it.

Anything to get away from Comcast. :( We also have so many problems with our phone & I have had to complain 10 times since July 19, 2010

Review
#193740 Review #193740 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast doesn't care about you.

I canceled my Comcast account so my new tenants could establish an account in their names. Comcast however did not notify me that my email address and email would go away, when I called them and nicely asked them to turn it back on as I would be re-establishing service at another location at the end of the month. Comcast transferred me over and over then put me through to a useless, powerless manager, who said the same old, bla bla bla, I apologize but we can't do anything.....Why do you even answer the phone if you are useless and powerless? Do you think maybe you should let people know their email will go away if they cancel.This comcast manager then went on to say that sometimes the computer cancels it, sometimes it doesn't. Really lady, what is the computer, the Matrix? The computer can think for itself now can it? REally? Why doesn't Comcast just save itself the money and hire monkeys who are more intelligent to answer the phone? Oh, then the final thing this manager said to me after I asked to speak with her boss is "oh he doesn't take phone calls"; well how nice, no accountability, I'll just dial 800-blackhole then!

Comcast has a MONOPOLY where I live.

Unbelievable in this day and age. What behind closed doors deal happened that allowed this.

NO company should be allowed to have a monopoly.

Review
#193612 Review #193612 is a subjective opinion of poster.