Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast review in Fort Lauderdale, Florida: They promised an IPAD after 3-months and sent an IPOD touch

They will say and do anything to get your business. I spoke to Rito at #22038 to set up our account. I spoke with him first and he said that he could not offer the IPAD. So I went on line where I saw the IPAD was offered. I ended up having to deal with a person so I called him back to be loyal to the first person I spoke with, he was so happy that I called him back because as soon as we hung up the IPAD deal came across his desk. After the installation, I called every month to make sure we were in good standing for the IPAD and everything was fine until it was time to send me my IPAD. Now it is the Ipod touch, which they have sent! It is still in the box waiting to switch with the IPAD! I spoke with "Lisa" on 11/12/10 and she said that she would take care of this, she knew that they had offered the IPAD as a promotion, of course she did not call me back. I keep calling and they say they never had the IPAD as an offer now. What a heartless company!
Tom D

Welcome to the crowd !!! I have been calling them for weeks. Everytime, I get a different excuse with every phone call why I am not getting an Ipod.

MAJOR SCAM !!!!

SPREAD THE WORD THAT COMCAST IS A THIEF !!!

I had a similar experience. I called about the Ipod offer.

The ad said that it was given to you if you sign up for a triple play combo. When I called I was told that I had to get the higher triple play to get the ipod. I asked if I needed to sign a contract and was told no. I signed up and waited for my ipod to come.

After about two months I called and they said that I had to have a good account history for 90 day. I called again and they gave me the number of the company that handles the promotions for them. I called and they had no record of my ipod. I called the company again and they said they would look into it and call me back.

They never did so I called them back and was told that again they would check into this and get back to me. They did get back to me in three days and told me that I had to sign up for two years in order to get the ipod. I told them that this was the first time I heard of the requirement.

Got a followup call two months later, after I filed with the better business bureau, and was told that they do not have an ipod for me. The must tell the employees to tell people that if they had one they would send it out (second time someone said this to me on the phone).

In the end I got nothing, what a bunch of crooks

View more comments (1)
Comcast Installation

Comcast, need i say more

I just cancelled my comcast "service!" They were awful. Every day I had problems and I had to wait days to get them fixed. The service reps are too busy trying to kiss your butt with their cheesey apologies to really try and solve the problem. They don't want to help one bit until you ask to be connected to the cancellation department. I had my comcast service for a day and already had problems. They charged me for a DVR box that didn't work since the day I got it AND they charged me for a service phone call that didn't even fix the problem at hand! My cable modem quit working after having it for a week! The only reason i even got the service is for school! i hate this service it's worth the extra money for at&t
Review
#209510 Review #209510 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Comcast put us in collections for money they owe us

At the end of August, we were preparing to move out of state and contacted Comcast to let them know when we would need our service disconnected. We received three subsequent automated calls from the company inquiring whether we would like to return our equipment (cable box, modem, and remote) at a Comcast office or if we wanted them to send us boxes to return them by mail. Each time, we opted to return the boxes by mail. By the time we moved, the boxes hadn't come, so we brought the equipment with us. We finally had to call Comcast to see why we hadn't received the boxes. It took three phone calls to finally get the boxes sent. In the meantime, Comcast billed us for unreturned equipment! We paid over $200 for the equipment, which we probably shouldn't have done. Two months after we moved, we finally got the boxes and returned the equipment via UPS - Comcast covered the shipping cost. So with the equipment returned, we've been waiting for the $200+ to be credited to our account (we set up with Comcast at our new home). We were stunned when, about two weeks ago, we got a letter from a collections agency claiming that we owe Comcast $210 for unreturned equipment! We never received any interim billings for this equipment from Comcast after we paid it the first time. Now, we've returned our equipment and paid for it, too, so in reality Comcast owes us $210, but they've taken us to collections! Each time we call customer service to get this fixed, we have to call long distance, and we've been getting the runaround with representatives claiming the Comcast office in our current state can't help us since it's Comcast in the former state that is charging us. My husband called immediately after receiving the collections notice, and the rep confirmed that we owe nothing and that, in fact, money is owed to us. However, the rep refused to cancel their collections claim "until they can track down the equipment." We tracked the UPS shipment and have the arrival confirmation, so if Comcast misplaced it, why are they penalizing us? They were supposed to investigate and call us back by last Wednesday. Surprise, surprise, we haven't heard a peep. I wonder how many more long distance calls we'll have to make before we get this resolved. We're keeping our account open until this gets resolved, figuring that we're more likely to get a credit to our existing account than we are to get a check in the mail if we cancel. But once we get our money and an assurance that collections will be called off, we're dropping this company like a hot potato!
Review
#209359 Review #209359 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast stinks

In Ridgeland, MS, it is a monopoly, unfortunately. Another reason to leave this dump as soon as I can get out of it (just moved here from out of state in May and have despised it most of the time). Comcast just raised my bill by 20 percent for the promotional rate to save me money! Had a 6 month discount then whammo. I'll have to check on satellite since this backwater burg doesn't have other cable options. Comcast offers their typical lousy service, overcharges for it and gets away with it because the state of Mississippi has earned its reputation of being the stupidest state in country and doesn't have competitor services.

Horrible service!! Called support to find the closest location to drop off equipment.

Have been on hold for over 20 minutes.

Come on people!!

If you want to save money on your Comcast bill call 877-824-2288 and ask to speak to the RETENTION Department. They will give you promotions and discounts that no other department can give you.

The promos generally last for 6 months so you have to callback every 6 months. It is worth the trouble because you can get discounts of 25-50%

I know they are just another big company and people sometimes fall through the cracks, but I work for another and they go through great pains to keep customers and make them happy (within reason). I had bad service which cost me time and money as I rely on service for my job.

Had to put in to cancel 3 times as they got it wrong every time AND had to pay during time I didn't even use service due to their mess up. Also was contacted by corporate agent who assured me he would see about credits, monitor my account and then call me back. 2 weeks later....nothing. Not even a memo on my account that he exists.

And then the last rep that HOPEFULLY got my cancellation right, tells me I could have gotten service credits all along due to my issues. I even gave them a change. Almost 6 months worth of patience and waiting. Service was up and down.

When I stopped calling they stopped caring. Which I understand, but honestly, if you have a problem fix it and then call it quits.

Its a shame as they are one of the only carriers in my area. But thank goodness, I was able to get to another one and have the flawless service I need to actually work and make money.

just report them to the fcc (federal regulating body) or the public service commission(state regulating body). comcast hates this.

they are considered infrastructure however, and therefore have to abide by rules and regulations. in this case, the citizen has the power, but comcast banks on you not knowing that!!!!

View more comments (3)
Review
#207904 Review #207904 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast Un-Support

I have been working with Comcast to solve a problem with my signal being unacceptable for over six months. I moved from a thirty-five year old home with neglected wiring and minmal issues to a fifteen year old home in great shape. Since this move I have had serious pixilation issues with my cable signal, my phone signal breaks up so horribly the person on the other end of the line cannot hear me much of the time. All of this began in June of 2010. I called Comcast due to the pixilation preventing my family from watching any television whatsoever. The picture and audio signal were so badly broken up we could not make heads or tails of the shows. They informed me that the entire neighborhood was having problems and to be paitent; it would clear on its own. I took them at their word and waited for three weeks for it to clear. I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they were continuing to work on the problem. I called again. This time there was heavy rain in the area and they blamed the pixilation on that, stating that I need to be paitent still; they had just finished repairs on the neighborhood lines. I took them at their word again. Come the end of the second month, I began to become a bit frustrated. I am generally a patient person. I call again and this time request someone be sent out. I did not describe the issue as pixilation; rather I said the television signal was broken up. I later learned they wrote this down as "HD problem". A couple of days later the technician arrives to fix the problem and replaces the wires directly on the outside of the house, stating he is sure that is the problem and to be patient as it may take the lines some time to clear the reception. I wait two weeks again and call. The problem is no better. They send another technician who says, oh its the box. They replace the box and the wires in the back to the wall. Two weeks later, we are still having pixilation. I think it is minorly improved, but it is still too bad to watch anything. I call again. This technician says the previous technician did not inspect the wires they replaced and that they were bad: the male and female ends were too far in and too far out. I hope this is the end and thank him. He tells me if I have to call again to explain the problem as pixilation so they know clearly what they are dealing with. Two weeks later, the pixilation is still present. The next technician comes out and replaces the box again. Two to three weeks later, the pixilation, although still somewhat improved, is too horrible to make sense of any shows. I call again; they send out another technician. He says he can't find the problem. I am told to bring the box in to a local Comcast box store and swap it. I do. On a side note, in the last month we replaced our television. It was having trouble with lighting, so we thought perhaps the unit was the problem. Nothing about the pixilation changed with a brand new television. After the last six months of excuses and run around and finally getting the problem solved, I call up Comcast. (I had requested a credit when the first technician was sent out. I was told to wait a couple of weeks after the problem was solved.) I called and explained the last six months of problems, asking for a credit again. They say they only see one month of problems in their records. What! I calmly explain what has been going on. I can tell him there have been at least five different technicians to my house. I can tell them everything that was replaced each time. They keep repeating they only see the last month. When pushed, Alicia tells me that she does see a history back to September, but that was an HD issue, not a pixilation issue. I explain that I have no idea why the technicians worded it differently but the problem has been the same all along. I also have to argue the point of the second DVR box replacement. She states that they show we made an upgrade. The DVR box that was replaced was the older version with a smaller hard drive in comparison to the new one. However they are both Comcast brand DVR boxes. I would never consider this an upgrade. Conveniently, Comcast has labeled the box replacement thus to avoid having to tie the two service calls together. I have things I need to do, so I have to let her go. I call again the next day and speak to Heather. She is much nicer and agrees to give me a $50 credit easily. However, I have been paying over that each month for the television service I was not receiving for six months. I explain this fact again. She says they only have thirty days of history on this issue. I explain again each thing that was replaced by all the different technicians and how long ago. She is quiet, but I would not say she listened. During this conversation she notices my telephone service is breaking up so badly she cannot hear me. She quickly uses this as a reason to transfer me to tech support and not have to talk to me anymore. Tech support repeats the fact that I am really broken up and sets up an appointment for my phone to be serviced. I have also been dealing with the phone problem for six months, but it has not caused me to be unable to use the phone for long periods of time and has been intermittent. When I called Comcast service once before, they told me that as the problem was intermittent they could do nothing unless I called when it was occurring. The problem is when it is occurring was usually in the evening, when on tech is available. I didn't see the point. So, I have been putting up with it. I wait until the technician comes out for the phone, hoping that after this is fixed, I can make some headway with Comcast on a reasonable credit for my bill. I have always paid full and on time. The technician, Jeremy, comes out to the house and tests the modem, the lines, even the neighborhood box and says everything is in the green. He can't find the problem. So he leaves me his number and ***, telling me to call if the problem reoccurs. He is the nicest person I have dealt with during my talks with Comcast. I decide to wait to call them about a credit as the phone is not fixed. I receive a call from customer service asking me to take a survey about my satisfaction with Comcast. The automated voice says they want me to be fully satisfied. I am not, and I say so. The automated service transfers me to customer care as a result of my statement. I speak to an entry level support person and receive the same rig amoral of excuse and "we don't see records that far back regarding this issue". Apparently they change the wording on their records so the problems don't match and then lose the majority to avoid having to take responsibility for their screw ups. I ask to speak to someone who can help me. I am transferred to Kristen. I speak to her for all of thirty seconds when she hangs up on me. This entire time I have spoken calmly and quietly to each person, regardless of my frustration. I realize they are only pegs in the machine and do not have real power. I wait a couple of minutes to see if she will call back. I don't know why I did. Part of me wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt that she did not do so intentionally and it was an accident. I call back and ask to speak to Kristen again; explaining I think she accidentally disconnected our line. The person I am speaking with places me on hold and then returns to state in a strained and odd voice that Kristen is "not able to come to the phone". I ask if there is someone else available. I am transferred to Brandon. He is pleasant enough, as pegs go. However he repeats the same load of junk I have been told before. I may as well have been talking to a brick wall. What is the point of having a customer service department when not one individual is individualistic? They are all robotic drones and none of them will give any credit to the reality of my situation. I have been patient for six months on the basis of the idea that Comcast will see reason when I call up and give me at least one month's bill credit for six months of frustration. Jeremy calls me back three hours after he was here and offers to come out and replace the modem on the chance it will fix the phone, despite the fact that everything tested green. I take him up on the offer. He does so, and again is very nice and apologetic about the service issues we have had despite the fact that he has even less responsibility regarding my satisfaction than customer un-service. After the experience I have just had, I cannot see how any satellite company could be any worse. I will be letting everyone know that aside from their technician, Jeremy, Comcast does not give a *** about their customer satisfaction. It is simply a catch phrase for sales and nothing more. Stay the *** away from this horrible and careless company. We have a satellite dish on our roof from the last individuals who owned this house. We were going to take it down. I'm glad we have not yet. I am talking to the satellite company first thing tomorrow.
Review
#207825 Review #207825 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Comcast (FL) Scams despite having quotes in writing.

I have been a Comcast customer for probably 18 years. 13 through my condo which I had no dealings with, but 5 since I purchased my home. For the most part things were fine, despite the fact periodically they raised the prices or required new equipment without letting me know. On several occasions I considered switching but figured the energy in switching wasn't worth the increases. On 8/24/10, I contacted Comcast to see about having my bill reduced and possibly add DVR service. My friend contacted them and had her bill reduced by about 20% but of course they never do that without you asking for it. Increases are automatic, decreases you have to 'beg' for. In any event I thought it was worth a try, but also thought it was time to get on the DVR wagon. I entered into a Chat session with an associate and we discussed the options. Of course they were very polite. Little did I know I was entering a state of 'false sense of security.' I figured I had our transaction in writing so if anything went wrong I had 'proof.' Additionally, it allowed me to do other things. Now despite the fact this took an hour and a half (which is too long in my opinion for a consumer or for a company), I went away with a secure feeling that all was set. I triple verified the prices and asked all questions under the sun. Now the nightmare begins. For the last two and a half months I have nothing but headaches. Firstly, they never showed up for the appointment that I took 1/2 a day off work for. When I contacted them, they didnt have it in the system, despite the fact they had the upgrade. . .but no appointment?? We rescheduled, got a credit for the appointment. Then they didnt show up for the 2nd appointment. When I called to find out what was going on the hold message stated, you have an appointment for the 11th (it was the 4th and it was supposed to be at 11 am) The woman who came on said yes I see notes for the 4th, but maybe since it has passed it kicked it to the next week. Long story short on that, when I got the dispatch manager she told me that person lied. I wasnt in the system! What the @#$%??? She was rude, and when I called her out on that and what I have had to deal with she changed her tone. A tech showed up at my door 30 minutes later. Finally! Then the next phase of problems started, my bill was all wrong, the prices quoted where not honored and the install credit wasn't there. When I e-mailed to inquire they told me they said we don't see those prices. . .so sorry. After a solid week of e-mailing I got a supervisor call. He was a bit snippy with me at first and when I didn't back down he finally listened. He too told me that he doesn't know what I am talking about those prices aren't in the system and never were. I said, as I said at least 10 times, I have it in writing. He said 'oh, well' send it to me BUT it doesn't mean we can honor it. I said really?? So your sales person quotes a price, gets me to agree then you won't honor despite having it in writing??? He said I'll investigate. Well after about 5 minutes he called me back and changed his tune. He agreed to honor the price and said I should see the changes on my next bill. So the next bill I checked. And sure enough the credits were there, plus the price adjustments except for one. My internet was supposed to be 24.99 for 12 months not 6 months. So they, mis noted. Also there was this new charge for $7.50 for an additional outlet. That charge was never disclosed or quoted. When I inquired about it they said it was because I kept one of the once FREE digital boxes when I added the DVR. I explained I didnt know that, and I put it in a spare room just because. They should have told me. Why would I pay 9.99 for DVR and 7.50 for a spare box?? They said I needed to initiate a chat and have it removed. Oh yeah and the 24.99 for 12 months never exhisted so they wont honor it. So again I started a chat session and there they told me that A. they can't honor it. When I told them I have it in writing, get me a supervisor, they said basically oh-well nothing we can do and no we can't transfer you to a supervisor. On the 7.50 charge, they changed their story. It is now a fee to get the DVR service. Well I am already paying for the DVR serviece and I was told there wasnt an equipment fee. Yeah, oh well, if you take that off you wont get service, even though I am paying 80 dollars for service, if I dont pay the 7.50 I wont get any. WTF?? So I decided to write the same supervisor from before and explain the situation again, with all in writing. He has chosen to not respond to me this time. No phone calls no e-mails. I so want to send this to the newspapers. It is wrong. They quote, get me to agree then change EVERYTHING and honor only 80% but after I have to fight for 2 and 1/2 months.

:upset they are ***

they do hang up on customers, they will not disconnect when you want to end your service, they are rude. they are horribly disrespectful.

south florida is the WORST!

i am in yet another DEBACLE with them this time to discontinue service.

they can go to blazes and i hope they get sued from here till tomorrow. i hate this company.

Review
#207604 Review #207604 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Comcast Service Transfer

Comcast installation appointments not kept repeatedly.

Comcast installation appointments not kept after they were confirmed multiple times. Then the dispatcher claims that they had no service scheduled and when I called him on the lie he let me sit on the phone for approximately 30 minutes until I find out that they contract these services to Advance Cable Technologies. When I spoke to their dispatcher he played like he knew nothing. What a bunch of incompetent dispatchers and supervisors in the Sugar Land Texas region. What made the situation even worse is that we had computer people here waiting to hook up and they had to leave along with a bill for a hundred dollars because I did not cancel their service two days in advance. Thank you Junior whose id number is 7685 for all of the non-service.

I also live in the sugar land area and I had an appointment last Saturday 9/14/13 which was missed. I had a 8-10 am window and when no one showed up, I called comcast and was told I had a 8am to 8 pm window and someone would call me 30 minutes in advance of tech arriving.

That is completely wrong because if I was told 8-8 initially, I would have made a different plan. In any event, my wife waited at home all day and no one showed up. Then I call comcast again and was told that the appointment was still open but no one would show up because its too late. I was told supervisor would call me in 30 minutes after I asked him/her to call me.

Not surprisingly supervisor did not call me. I have a new appointment for 9/21. Not optimistic.

It takes 20 minutes or more just to talk to a live person. Complete waste of time.

LoL, I love you people who think asking for a supervisor is going to help your cause. You probably think you're talking to comcast employees too huh?

Nope, you're talking to someone who has one computer program with your name and a list of technician appointments. That's the extent of their power. They've probably been taking comcast calls for about 2 weeks, don't know what a HDTV is, and can barely write their own name.

Talking to the "supervisor" @ comcast is just about as useful as talking to the "big elephant" @ the zoo. Take it from me, I am that supervisor you wait 15-20 minute for while I finish my cigarette.

I even informed the "supervisor" who has not authority over anything but whipin his own butt that the same thing happened to me. The're real good at saying "i'm sorry sir but there is nothing I can do about it" Then put someone on the phone that can!

What a joke!

Time to put the antenna on the roof and subscribe to netflix! :(

alan s

A follow-up to the complaint. After additional investigation it is claimed that Comcast did not schedule with the installation contractor as Comcast had represented.

After I said that I was gong to post the complaint, I received a call and a Comcast installer appeared at my home at 10pm to do the installation.

It was completed by 11pm and is functioning. It pays to be assertive.

View more comments (3)
Review
#207207 Review #207207 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Comcast Installation

Comcast

We are moving. We have been in the present apartment for four years. We have had Comcast internet, television and cable in this location the entire time. We have never been late to pay. But they will not transfer our service to the new house because the people who lived there before owe them money. We will have to wait until we move to the new city then go to the Comcast office and jump through some hoops before we can get service. This means we will be without internet, phone or TV for at least 4 days. Why is it out fault that those people owe them money?? This is the stupidest policy I have ever heard of!!!!!

Sorry you have to suffer for it, but you can blame all the scam artists out there who rack up bills with companies like Comcast, never pay, and then call in with a different name and SSN to start the process over again. Once a pattern of bad debt has been established at an address they will not start service for a new customer unless you provide ID and proof of residency in person in order to prevent more losses.

I'd be irritated if I was in your shoes too, but I don't really blame Comcast for this policy.

Review
#206569 Review #206569 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Comcast Service Transfer

Comcast disconnects the wrong apartment and won't come out till Tuesday to fix it.

The apartment below me recently became vacant. Today comcast came out to disconnect their cable and internet. However, they disconnected mine by mistake. I called twice and got excuses about why my cable was out. Finally, they realized their mistake. But they can't come out till Tuesday to fix it. I don't understand. If they screwed up why don't they come out and fix it now! BTW this is the 2nd time they disconnected us by mistake. Now I have to go 4 days without internet and I use it for my job all the time. This is a big inconvenience. This is not the way to run a business
Review
#206032 Review #206032 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast review in Vancouver, Washington: 48 hours and no service (LOL)

Hello My Name is Joseph Andrewski and customer of many years to Comcast I recently encountered some technical problems with my modem on 11/04/2010. No Internet or phone service, and followed phone instructions with a repair technician. In this process I was told to push a reset button on the back of the modem and it broke, They set up an appointment for the following day between 8 am and 9 am on 11/05/2010. I took time off from my work the next day and waited unit 9:30 am for the service technician to arrive? No service technician showed up as scheduled ?? Called up Comcast to fine your computers cancelled all appointments scheduled upon the time my appointment was made, due to a service issue that occurred earlier in that day on 11/04/2010 ?? Here is why I am writing this compliant to you as a unsatisfied customer. I missed a days work, no call backs regarding cancellation of my scheduled repair call, and no phone service at my home for over 12 hours? (OUCH) Now I must wait 48 hours due to rescheduled service call and take another day off from work (Ouch!!) Wow, I'm not so happy with how your company is handling customer service! Thank you for hearing out my concerns in this matter and hope you can improve on customer services In the near future, 48 hours lost is a long time to wait!!

Comcast Good bye, enough, antenna is just fine, one time expense of $15.00. We will survive.

Review
#205847 Review #205847 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Comcast Internet Service