Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast billed us for service we didn't have

Back in July our cable was turned off for no appparent reason to us. It was shortly after paying our June cable bill. We were on vacation so by the time we got home and realized that we didn't have cable we called Comcast and they said that there is no note on their end that there was any disruption on their end. They have cut our neighbors cable twice now, and will only credit our account to the date where they disconnected the cable in September. So they want us to pay over $200 for a service we did not, and still do not have!!!
Review
#204456 Review #204456 is a subjective opinion of poster.

I put "I hate Comcast" into Google search and...

I ended up on pissedconsumer.com. I am so frustrated I burst into tears over this. I just started using Comcast internet about a month ago. I have had numerous problems. Bad connection, blank screens where videos should be, blank screens where simple images should be, web pages that load into a long page of codes and web pages that don't load at all. And this is happening when I'm connected directly to the modem. Not to mention the wireless connection is terrible also. The worst of it started two days ago. Now for some background I am a full time college student, so I rely on the internet to do research for papers, emailing, and studying. I need to be online quite a few hours each day. So the last two days have been a nightmare. The wireless internet has been cutting in and out, numerouse error messages from Yahoo and Google saying that I am using an illegal URL, browser or whatnot. Needless to say, I have been so frustrated and irritated. Just today, I have called countless times and get the machine. When I do get connected to a representative, they tell me to go reset the modem, reset the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...etc...etc...Basically, everything that I have already done by myself. The rare times that I got a connection these past two days, I went on the online chat with a representative on the Comcast website. Yesterday, I talked to one rep. who told me tha same thing the automated machine did. Reset this, reset that...etc. Today, I talked to four. Already on the *** of tears from spending hours trying to reset my router and resetting my wireless connection. The first one told me to delete my cache, history, etc... Wow what good that did. The second just ended the chat with me after giving him information for half an hour. The third told me to do this with my router, do that with my modem. And I got disconnected from the internet and from the chat. Obviously, he didn't know that would happen. I burst into tears from frustration, just thinking about the F I could recieve on my paper. And finally the last one, who I believed solved the problem. I haven't been connected to the internet long enough to get disconnected yet. We will see if he fixed it. Finally, he gave me simple instructions. Ended the chat after about 15 minutes. Done. Now I know it's their job and they aren't in direct connection to the CEO's of this terrible company, but if you work as a technical rep. shouldn't you know why I'm losing connection? Shouldn't you know how to fix it? And if you can't fix it, are you trained to hang up on the customer? After this horrible experience, I am shaking with anger from, I do not trust this service. Their "customer garantee" policy is bogus. We pay hundreds of dollars a year, a month for some people and get horrible service in return. Some regions have no other services available to turn to; in certain locations Comcast is a monopoly. I feel terrible for being rude to the reps., but I myself feel so disrespected by Comcast.

"Now I know it's their job...shouldn't you know why I'm losing connection? Shouldn't you know how to fix it?"

NOPE. The representatives can't see ANYTHING but the modem connected to their network and troubleshoot off of what you told them. When they pull up your modem in their system and it's doing just fine, they have to rely on the information YOU provide them and do their best to troubleshoot while blind to the actual equipment (YOUR equipment) causing the problem. Sounds like the problem was not related to your modem, as something other than resetting it resolved the problem (a bad splitter or a loose coax connection could also be responsible and it's arguable whether that's Comcast's fault or not).

Basically if you took steps to troubleshoot ANYTHING but the modem and that fixed the problem, then the problem was with YOUR equipment and NOT your internet service, and the reps would have had no visibility to your equipment to tell you why you were losing your connection without all the torturous troubleshooting they so sadistically subjected you to.

Sounds to me like a browser issue if you're sure you had really bypassed the router by that time. I've seen lots of crazy browser (Internet Explorer mostly) issues in my time. You should be thankful you got lucky enough to get a representative who was able to fix it at all considering they could have pawned you off to Microsoft where you could pay someone to do the same thing you expect Comcast to do for free for software that's not even made by them.

To make a long story short, when an issue is actually the fault of the cable company, you ain't gonna be able to fix it yourself or over the phone/chat unless you can replace the right equipment yourself (modem, splitters, cable wiring) or it's an activation issue. 99% of the time if it's a Comcast problem you're going to need a tech visit. Which is no fun, but necessary sometimes. If you finally resolved the problem by screwing around on your computer or with your own router, then Comcast's service was not the problem.

If you want your experience using the internet to be enjoyable, you need to put on some big boy pants and learn the basics. Your ISP is not responsible for your *** computer or your lack of expertise using it.

Review
#204424 Review #204424 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast - same billing problem for over a year

For over a year Comcast has been charging me monthly for Howard Stern, which I never ordered and don't watch. I have called repeatedly and each time I'm told that the charge will be removed and I will not be billed in the future. And each month when I get my bill there is a credit for the overcharged and ANOTHER charge for Howard Stern. It is ridiculous that they cannot get this right. The last time I spoke to them I was told it was because they only removed Stern from one of my cable boxes and it needed to be removed from all of them. Huh?? But they said they removed it from all of the boxes and I would not have this problem again. Well, guess what? The next month I get my bill and along with the credit for the erroneous charge, I'm charged for another month of Howard Stern. I have spent countless hours on the phone trying to get this resolved and don't know what to do next. In addition to this, several months ago several of the cable channels I've had for 8 years, and am being charged for, suddenly disappeared. When I called I was told a different story by every person I spoke to. The conclusion was that despite having TMC for 8 years, I no longer have it. And the other channels supposedly disappeard because I have a defective DVR box. So instead of sending a technician out to fix or replace the box, Comcast said they would ship me a new DVR along with a prepaid return label to send the defective box back. Sounds like I'm doing their job for them, but it saves me waiting around for an inept technician to show up. So I get the new DVR and hook it up, losing all the programs I've recorded. I put the defective DVR in the box sent by Comcast, attach the prepaid UPS label and bring it to Mail Boxes Etc. And every month Comcast charges me for the DVR box I returned. When I call them they tell me they never received it and do I have paperwork from when I returned it. I tell them that THEY sent the label and when you drop something off to UPS, the Post Office, Mail Boxes Etc., with a prepaid label, you don't need, or get, any paperwork! I swear this is a deliberate scam on the past of Comcast. By doing the return this way they can claim they never received the item. I've learned my lesson and from now on, when I return something prepaid, I will ask for paperwork - even though the place I'm dropping it off to says I don't need it, doesn't want to spend them time writing it up, etc. Comcast told me they would put a trace on the package (they obviously have the tracking number since they provided the label) and call me back. That was two months ago and I still haven't heard from them. Even though I am disputing the charge for Howard Stern and the returned box, Comcast threatens to cancel my service if I don't pay the whole bill every month. If there were another provider in my area I would tell Comcast where to stuff it. The minute another provider is in my area I will switch and NEVER do business with Comcast again.
Review
#204032 Review #204032 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast in Chicago, Illinois - Worst customer service

Today i tried to order the UFC event (Lensar vs. Carwin) and for some reason i had to call in. When I called in it was around 8:50, ten minutes before the event. The first rep I talked to said I had to talk to a tech guy for some reason and transferred me there. Five minutes later the the tech guy said he transferred me to the wrong state. So he said he was going to transfer me, but he instead ended the call. When I called back again the hours were over and still couldn't order from the tv. So instead of helping a guest out they keep cycling me around till they closed. What great customer service Comcast.

That's our new strategy, it's called "Help the customer save money". By sending you in circles around our phone tree, we help you save that 50 dollars that you would have otherwise wasted on watching two people slap each other around a ring. You're welcome :)

Review
#203983 Review #203983 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast in Fresno, California - Charged Deposit for Services NEVER Installed

I ordered Comcast TV and Internet on the 12th of October. It was supposed to be installed on the 19th. I sat home all day with the front door open and only the screen door closed. The tech NEVER SHOWED!! When I called because he was late they said that he had arrived at 1:30 and that no one was home. They also asked if I had a white door, that the tech knocked and no one answered and that he also called my number and got a busy signal. I work for a cell phone company and the number i gave them was my cell. Cell phones don't get busy signals unless you are calling out and that same instant some one is calling you. I called B.S. on that comment and they said they couldn't send another tech out til the 21st. I couldn't *** another day, I just bought a house, I have bills to pay. So they transferred me to cancellations who told me they couldn't refund my deposit to my credit card, but they'd send me a check. Now isn't that illegal to charge the deposit to some one's account before the services are ever rendered?
Review
#203723 Review #203723 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast in Huntsville, Alabama - Worst Customer service ever

Dear Comcast, While I appreciate you sending me a letter apologizing for my recent experiences with Comcast, I have to tell you it really just doesn't get much done for me. I am not sure how familiar you are with my individual case so I will outline my experience with your company: I moved to the Richmond, Va area recently and wanted High Speed internet access and possibly phone and cable TV as well. I went online and saw Comcast is the local provider. I tried the online live chat with Comcast and they could not get me service but would not explain why and instructed me to go to the local Comcast customer service center. I went and waited in line for over 30 minutes. In a huge facility, with many empty customer service windows and only 2 people helping dozens customers. When I finally got to the front of the line and after a long process, was told I could not sign up for Comcast for the apartment I live in due to a problem with a previous tenant's bill. I was told I need to get written proof of lease and 2 photo ID's. I had to go back and get that, go back and wait in line ANOTHER 30+ minutes. Same situation, MANY customers, 2 people working customer service. I requested service and was told it would take 3+ business days to clear the apartment and verify my lease, AFTER which, I could request service. I went online and requested service and was given a date and time the tech would come. I was called by an auto-message machine the night before confirming my appointment. No tech showed, no one called. I contacted Comcast and they told me the tech said I was not there. I informed them this was not true, was there. They said they did not have my number, I informed them they called me the night before. They told me it must be a mistake. They said I could reschedule my installation, FOR THREE WEEKS LATER?!? I said I needed web and phone access. They apologized but said 3 weeks was the soonest possible. I went online and wrote a scathing comment about Comcast's lack of customer service. The next day I was called by a customer service manager and she said she would have someone there the next day. I got an automated call confirming the appointment. No one showed, no one called. I called and went online to inquire why? They went through the exact same series of what I now know are scripted lies about how I was not there, they tried to call, didn't have my number… etc. I called the manager back and she finally got a tech there the next day (8 days from when I began to try and become a paying customer). The tech who came was a Comcast employee. He shuffled around my apartment for 15 minutes taking 3 personal calls to his wife – who he appears to love very much – and told me the cable wiring in my apartment was no good, and would need to be rewired. Though he was a cable technician, he could not do it. He would set up an appointment. The appointment was set for 2 days later. I got an auto-call confirming. No one showed or called. Same BS scripted lies from Comcast customer service. I called the manager and she sent out a tech that is a sub-contractor of Comcast who was FAR MORE HELPFUL AND HONEST. He could not RE-WIRE an apartment as the cables are in the walls. But he did get me some service. He got my phone working and SOME TV channels and some internet service. I very promptly received a bill for full services. I called and went online to customer service MANY times telling them I was not getting many channels and only spotty web access. They had me reboot the cable box over and over and over… No one ever came out to check it, no one ever reduced my bill, no one ever offered any solution. I went to take the cable box back and cancel my phone and TV and just keep my internet access, I had to wait in line ANOTHER 20+ minutes, this time there were 3 Comcast people at the windows – BIG improvement. I was told I had to come back and wait in line AGAIN to return the old *** equipment giving me web access and get a different older and crappier piece of equipment. I returned with it and waited in line for another 20+ minutes and was told that my internet access would cost $59.00+ a month even though I had a coupon for $19.99 a month – this was due to it being IMPOSSIBLE to unbundle at the cheaper price. So, I am out $159 for the "service" that never once delivered what I was charged for, WEEKS and HOURS of my time, gas money, inconvenience to again have NO SERVICE. And now I receive a letter from you telling me that Comcast is sorry? You offer nothing to remedy my loss of money, time off work, trouble, hassles, lying, and completely inept lack of basic service and yet assure me how serious you and Comcast take customer service? Amazing. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you try and sign up for Comcast at an apartment in Richmond, VA and see what type of customer service you receive. Go wait in line just once or twice and talk to the MANY unsatisfied and pissed off, PAYING CUSTOMERS. Even your employees know and acknowledge it is ridiculous at best. I have had Cable TV/Phone/Web service with Cox, Time Warner and Comcast and have worked in Corporate America as a consultant for quite a few Fortune 500 companies and there is NO DOUBT in my mind that Comcast is the worst corporation I have ever dealt with in any and every regard and measure. Thank you for taking time to read this. Have a nice day, Ben Bartek

Thank you for taking the time to write out this thorough letter, and explaining the issue in full. Of course I'm not familiar with your situation, we have 60 million customer or so....who cares about your issues.

I really wanted to thank you for the 159 dollars that you put up front for me, it was great while on my december vacation I just got home from. Isn't it great to know that while all you hard working people out there pay comcast 100+ a month for services that don't cost anything to provide, Comcast is providing you with "lowest bidder" support, "no background check" installers, and keeping the local offices as lightly staffed as possible. You would almost think that they're going out of business the way they're cutting corners....but no....it's really just comcast trying to make as much money as we can.

So anyway, I'm off to Maui for "january" vacation....please make sure you all pay your bills this month so we can get extra *** while on the road. I can get you that tech you need in 2-3 days and they'll be there from 10a-2p.....lol, jk...they're not coming hahahahha

#204909

Now that I have a "box" for better HD viewing, I can no longer record one program while watching another, and I can no longer record. It doesn't matter how it is set up, the recorder is "on" but recording nothing but ***.

I didn't want the *** box in the first place, and after two service calls, I am no further ahead than I was before the service calls. Good luck understanding anyone in customer service who speak with such heavy accents, that they are NOT understandable. After demanding to speak to an English speaking supervisor and being on hold for more than 5 minutes, I gave up. If there was any other cable service available in the Minneapolis area, you can bet I and many others would sign up for it.

I bet the executives and employees have better service than the rest of us who actually pay for service. Comcast sucks!

View more comments (1)
Review
#203652 Review #203652 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast customer no service.

Comcast hires the most rude and ignorant people known to man. They put the wrong service address in for us, yet the billing part is correct.(Go figure, right?) For 6 months our cable went out daily. We'd call numerous times to complain. Each time they'd make an appointment, but never call nor show up for them. Finally in May someone shows up. He informs us that they have put the wrong service address down, and our address is showing u as having no service. LOL Ok so why are they sending the bills here? Anyway in Mid May we receive a bill which has "NO amount due" on it. Here we are thinking that they comped us a month for the headache we have had to endure for 6 months. In June I wake up one morning to no cable. We call comcast and they inform us that we are now 2 months behind. Apparently we did owe for May, even though the bill showed no amount due. Since then we have been a month behind. I DO pay my bill each month. It is hard enough to pay this $300 bill that also keeps going up with no explanation, and now they are threatening once again to disconnect our service due to the one month screw up on their part. I told them I can pay the 23rd. The disconnect date is the 20th. They won't budge on 3 more days, even though we would never have been behind had it not been for their screw up. I have reported them to the FCC and the BBB. I am fed up with it. They treat us like ***. If it were not for us using their cable, those rude *** customer service folks would not even have a job. Oh also we were quoted a bill of $163 a month. This is suppose to be after taxes and everything. Our cheapest bill was $283 a month, and it is normally more in the $300 range. It has never been $163. They lie, lie and lie some more. No wonder there are so many pages of complaints online about them.
Review
#203136 Review #203136 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast sucks they continue to bill me after they recieved there equipment

I have been very disapointed from install day when i verry specifically asked for the install to be wall fishes through my unfinished basement they send jo so and so (not there tec) out and they wont even wire the house i call customer care again explaining after the 4th jo came out i finally did it my self over the corse of 1 year we changed out 6 dvrs and to cancellation date even after getting a brand new one it quit I call to cancel they say bring your boxes down and that will be it i did over the coures of two months i stall get bills over 340 now Because they cant get to the pole to put a filter in so i am being charged till that I call to do a business entity search to presue it in small clames they dont know what they are registered under so i cant even sue them thats bull and some one needs to be incontroll of them
Review
#202686 Review #202686 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast Cable/New digital system is ***

The new digital cable only catches about every third word, the words are not in sync with the mouth, the pitcure freezes, when you change channels it takes to long to switch, you cannot tape a program unless you are watching it at the time, (duh). I have heard a lot of people complaining about the same thing... the channels I get are not that great.. i don't get all the channels i used to get. the digital channel is non-existent. I would prefer to have the old cable i had before the digital hook-up... I really don't have anything good to say about it. A. Hall, Huntsville, Al
pris72
#201629

My HD channels do not work 75% of the time. They want that money though each month, don't they?

I pay extra for a HD DVR, and I can't watch the HD channels without them freezing up constantly. I never had problems like this when I was with charter. My bill was the same amount each month, and was the amount quoted. Comcast lies.

I'd love to get that $163 bill that they told me mine would be each month. So far no bill has been below $280 and I do not get PPV to make it higher.

Review
#202332 Review #202332 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast messed up my cable TV service

We got a TiVo unit with a dual-tuner, to allow us to watch one cable channel, and record another. Comcast said we could do this, but they had to connect it to our system. They came to do the installation, and said we would have to wait 45 min. for their system to interact with TiVo. Fine. Then we tried it. Now TiVo is non-functional, and we get just one channel, Home Shopping Network. I called them, and they said there was nothing they could do; they won't send someone to fix the problem. If you have another option besides Comcast, (only deal in my town), take it!
Review
#202217 Review #202217 is a subjective opinion of poster.