Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast installation appointments not kept repeatedly.

Comcast installation appointments not kept after they were confirmed multiple times. Then the dispatcher claims that they had no service scheduled and when I called him on the lie he let me sit on the phone for approximately 30 minutes until I find out that they contract these services to Advance Cable Technologies. When I spoke to their dispatcher he played like he knew nothing. What a bunch of incompetent dispatchers and supervisors in the Sugar Land Texas region. What made the situation even worse is that we had computer people here waiting to hook up and they had to leave along with a bill for a hundred dollars because I did not cancel their service two days in advance. Thank you Junior whose id number is 7685 for all of the non-service.

I also live in the sugar land area and I had an appointment last Saturday 9/14/13 which was missed. I had a 8-10 am window and when no one showed up, I called comcast and was told I had a 8am to 8 pm window and someone would call me 30 minutes in advance of tech arriving.

That is completely wrong because if I was told 8-8 initially, I would have made a different plan. In any event, my wife waited at home all day and no one showed up. Then I call comcast again and was told that the appointment was still open but no one would show up because its too late. I was told supervisor would call me in 30 minutes after I asked him/her to call me.

Not surprisingly supervisor did not call me. I have a new appointment for 9/21. Not optimistic.

It takes 20 minutes or more just to talk to a live person. Complete waste of time.

LoL, I love you people who think asking for a supervisor is going to help your cause. You probably think you're talking to comcast employees too huh?

Nope, you're talking to someone who has one computer program with your name and a list of technician appointments. That's the extent of their power. They've probably been taking comcast calls for about 2 weeks, don't know what a HDTV is, and can barely write their own name.

Talking to the "supervisor" @ comcast is just about as useful as talking to the "big elephant" @ the zoo. Take it from me, I am that supervisor you wait 15-20 minute for while I finish my cigarette.

I even informed the "supervisor" who has not authority over anything but whipin his own butt that the same thing happened to me. The're real good at saying "i'm sorry sir but there is nothing I can do about it" Then put someone on the phone that can!

What a joke!

Time to put the antenna on the roof and subscribe to netflix! :(

doubled

A follow-up to the complaint. After additional investigation it is claimed that Comcast did not schedule with the installation contractor as Comcast had represented.

After I said that I was gong to post the complaint, I received a call and a Comcast installer appeared at my home at 10pm to do the installation.

It was completed by 11pm and is functioning. It pays to be assertive.

View more comments (3)
Review
#207207 Review #207207 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast

We are moving. We have been in the present apartment for four years. We have had Comcast internet, television and cable in this location the entire time. We have never been late to pay. But they will not transfer our service to the new house because the people who lived there before owe them money. We will have to wait until we move to the new city then go to the Comcast office and jump through some hoops before we can get service. This means we will be without internet, phone or TV for at least 4 days. Why is it out fault that those people owe them money?? This is the stupidest policy I have ever heard of!!!!!

Sorry you have to suffer for it, but you can blame all the scam artists out there who rack up bills with companies like Comcast, never pay, and then call in with a different name and SSN to start the process over again. Once a pattern of bad debt has been established at an address they will not start service for a new customer unless you provide ID and proof of residency in person in order to prevent more losses.

I'd be irritated if I was in your shoes too, but I don't really blame Comcast for this policy.

Review
#206569 Review #206569 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast disconnects the wrong apartment and won't come out till Tuesday to fix it.

The apartment below me recently became vacant. Today comcast came out to disconnect their cable and internet. However, they disconnected mine by mistake. I called twice and got excuses about why my cable was out. Finally, they realized their mistake. But they can't come out till Tuesday to fix it. I don't understand. If they screwed up why don't they come out and fix it now! BTW this is the 2nd time they disconnected us by mistake. Now I have to go 4 days without internet and I use it for my job all the time. This is a big inconvenience. This is not the way to run a business
Review
#206032 Review #206032 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast in Vancouver, Washington - 48 hours and no service (LOL)

Hello My Name is Joseph Andrewski and customer of many years to Comcast I recently encountered some technical problems with my modem on 11/04/2010. No Internet or phone service, and followed phone instructions with a repair technician. In this process I was told to push a reset button on the back of the modem and it broke, They set up an appointment for the following day between 8 am and 9 am on 11/05/2010. I took time off from my work the next day and waited unit 9:30 am for the service technician to arrive? No service technician showed up as scheduled ?? Called up Comcast to fine your computers cancelled all appointments scheduled upon the time my appointment was made, due to a service issue that occurred earlier in that day on 11/04/2010 ?? Here is why I am writing this compliant to you as a unsatisfied customer. I missed a days work, no call backs regarding cancellation of my scheduled repair call, and no phone service at my home for over 12 hours? (OUCH) Now I must wait 48 hours due to rescheduled service call and take another day off from work (Ouch!!) Wow, I'm not so happy with how your company is handling customer service! Thank you for hearing out my concerns in this matter and hope you can improve on customer services In the near future, 48 hours lost is a long time to wait!!

Comcast Good bye, enough, antenna is just fine, one time expense of $15.00. We will survive.

Review
#205847 Review #205847 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast has Breached Thir Contract. Can I Sue?

Ok, let's begin! Back in January 2010, I moved here to East Orange NJ! I originally wanted DirecTV (I LOVE SATELLITE), but found out that this building only allowed sheisty Cable to be installed, because DirecTV only wanted their service and not Cable to have any input here... thus making Comcast the contract winner! Not that I'm downing Comcasts service, because I haven't had terrible service. ANYWAY... There was an offer that if I signed up for their Triple Play Contract, that I would receive a $200.00 Gift Card! Ok, since I work for a Cable company, I know how this goes. So I thought to myself, Hmmm. Great..I'll do it. So I signed up. The terms clearly stipulated that this was a 24 month CONTRACT, and that starting with Month 13, my price would increase by I believe $20 dollars. I would need to fulfill the requirement to pay by bill ON TIME every month for 3 months...90 days. I HAVE DONE THAT! To Skip all the in-between, because I know that some of you fools like myself, already have been through this...It is Now November 2010, and I still do not have a Gift Card. I have escalated this to a Corporate complaints level, and I still do not have a Gift Card! I BELIEVE COMCAST HAS BREACHED THEIR CONTRACT, in falsely getting me to sign up for their service without ever making good on their offer. That is FRAUD! Because this is a contract, I am not able to change my level of service without incurring A FEE! I would like from Comcast... an inconvenience credit, equal to one months service credit. They have offered to CREDIT MY ACCOUNT, the $200.00. THAT WAS NOT LISTED AS PART OF THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT WHEN I SIGNED UP, THAT IF THEY DON'T SEND A GIFT CARD, THEY WILL CREDIT MY ACCOUNT. Thus, they are trying to make it easier on themselves to just wash this under the rug and act like it never happened, by making such an offer. Do I have a leg to stand on? Or I screwed? The woman from the Corporate escalation group, says that she has looked into it and she is being told that I will have to wait another 30 days. That is *** near an entire year, that I will have waited. This other guy named Rick from Corporate left me a voice mail message a few weeks ago, and told me that the card should be in my mailbox by October 20th...THAT WAS A LIE! I asked Debbie from the Corporate Escalations team to give me a months credit for the inconvenience, due to what I feel is a breach of contract. She told me ...let's wait until we get the gift card to you. And then they can review if my request has any merit. I think she is lying, because they have no intentions of issuing a gift card! What do I do?
Review
#205701 Review #205701 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast slow service

On 7/21/2010 I had a Comacast tech decide I needed a new line put in. On 852010 the vendor Comcast used to lay line installed a new line. They decided to not bury it on the path the Comcast drew out. On 10/10/2010 I had someone aerate my lawn. The Aeration machine cut the Comcast line because the line was run over a tree root and was only a 1/2 inch below the ground a that point. A Comcast tech came out that day and spliced the line he left the old cable laying on my lawn and said a new line would be put down in two weeks. I called Comcast the week before last and was told someone would be out by 10/24/2010. I called back last week and was told someone would be out by 10/28/2010. I was trying to get it done be 10/30/2010 (halloween) since I live on a corner property and kids walk across my lawn on hallowen. I went out on 10/30/2010 and buried the line the best I could. I called today 11/2/2010 and I am now being told that someone will not be out until 11/20/2010. That would be 40 days to get someone out to correct this. Outrageous. Gregory Wellons

Gregory...

We have bigger problems that your silly cables. Stop calling.

Review
#205386 Review #205386 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast sucks

Comcast just sucks. When, I bought the internet service through online chat recently on 8 oct, they promised me for waving off installation fee and since it was online order they didn't gave me any kind of confirmation or receipt. But, in the next month's bill they charged me $49 as installation fee and they are now passing the blame on me. They are not even ready to hear my part. Even that chat representative never discussed anything about installation fee. Only after my continuous pressing, she said its going to be waived off. I suggest, never take any service in new york city online or through phone. Buy, it by going to store.
Review
#205231 Review #205231 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast/xFinity

I switched my telephone service to xFinity from Verizon on Friday, October 9th. A little over a week later, I received the "recently disconnected" letter from Verizon. The installer had trouble "porting" my number over, but he was finally successful. All-in-all, I thought the switch over went rather smoothly. In addition to cable TV and internet, now, I also have phone service with xFinity/Comcast. I received a PIN via email within 10 day, but had trouble setting up my voice account. This was a minor irritation and had planned to call when I had time to wait on the phone. In retrospect, I should have realized this nuisance foreshadowed problems to come! On the morning of October 31st, I picked up my cell and saw a text message from my daughter. She'd tried to call home the night before, but had received a "number not in service". Sure enough I picked up one of my house phones and no dial tone; called home number from my cell and I too received the same message. Imagine my surprise and horror when I called xFinity and was toldy by Chante (customer service) that xFinity does not have my home telephone number! The phone number I've had for the past 24 years is, according to Chante, owned by "some other carrier"...and she'll find out which carrier. Before I switched, I specifically (and several times) asked, will I be able to keep my same phone number. I was repeatedly assured, by both the salesperson and the installer, my phone number won't change. I NEVER would have switched had I known the number I've had for all these years, that is associated with my life - family, friends, business, work - would be lost because of a "mistake" on your part. No one should have to go through this! I'm advising everyone I know (and even folks I don't know via the web) don't switch to xFinity! I'm calling Verizon and begging them to take me back - with my old telephone number.

My 90 yr.old mother was tricked into switching to ComCRAP VOIP.Three days ago the phones quit working,no dial tone,when I tried calling it just rings and rings.Called ComCRAP & spent over 30 minutes with Tawana who assured me even though the system said no technician could come for 3 days,they would "try" to get someone out sooner because mom has a Life Alert that needs a working phone line.It's been 3 days and nothing has been heard or seen from ComCRAP! As soon as I can port her # to another service,I'm cancelling everything from them.

Three days ago Comcast/Xfinity (what ever name they go by dosent change who they are nor change there bad reputation) CANCELLED my phone service for no apparent reason. When i called to complain the first time, Thursday night, I was told a tech needed to come out.

When he came the next day he informed us our service was canceled and that we needed to call back and resubscribe for phone service. That officially made the FIFTH time I placed the order in SIX weeks. We'll see tomorrow morning, thats when they said it would be fixed by, if I have phone or not. If not Im going to Vonage or back to Verizon.

Super pissed off Comcast Xfinity customer!!! :( :( :( Comcast you may change your name but it dont change who you really are INSTEAD try changing your service!

My Cable was SWITCHED unbeknownst to me MID-Movie to X-Finity and it is Now telling me that I must call to have a Representative come to my home to fix the problem which I NEVER asked for in the first place!

My FREE MOVIES on-demand have all but been swiped clean and I for one am NOT a happy camper, :(

Comcast may have been responsible for the porting issues you all experienced, but it's JUST AS LIKELY that Verizon screwed up and didn't allow Comcast to take the number when they were supposed to. It's pretty much a 50/50 shot, none of these companies are reliable when it comes to this ***.

Sad but true. Someone is just as likely to have these issues porting to ANY other company.

Yikes...I'm facing the same issues except that the technitian switched my phone from Verrizon to Comcast without my permission.

The door to door sales guy, Thai Nguyen (From San Jose California) sold me on upgrading my cable and internet service and send out the technitian. Now, he won't have anything to do with fixing my phone problem even tough he initiated the process. Germaine at the 800 number promissed me I would have my original number in 24hrs. Didn't happen and now they are telling me up to seven days.

In the meantime I'm reading the Comcast commitment to customers that tells me they will fix my problems as soon as possible. NOT.

I had similar problems when I switched from Verizon to Comcast for phone service. Also I was missing incomming calls. I had someone call me for 10 times in a one hour period, only 6 of the 10 calls rang my phone and NO, my phone is not defective !

Tow weeks and many problems and many hours spent trying to talk to COmcast reps, and I switched back to Verizon for " traditional " landline phone service. Sure I have to pay all those taxes on the phone bill but I just now smile and think , at least I have something reliable and it works.

Comcast also " lost " my phone number during the process of the changeover.

Never again ! I'd rather pay for traditional phone service and have something I can count on ! The sound quality is much better than the VOIP on comcasts phone service ( VOIP = Voice over Internet Protocol )

View more comments (5)
Review
#205107 Review #205107 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast shut Internet off

My comcast bill for Internet and cable was 190.00 a month my buddy has comcast Internet and all cable channels plus HD and phone all for 87.00 a month so I called to complain got my bill drop to 105.00 a month just Internet and cable so I did it to my surprise my Internet no longer work two days later still no Internet no quick fix in site. After spending 1hr on the phone they tell there's nothing they can do to fix if for at least a week. If your smart you will run from comcast no customer service nobody want to help when they screw up.
Review
#204795 Review #204795 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast -do not sign a contract

comcast has decided that after 20 years of paying my bills ahead of time , it is time to cut down my service and disconnect ne without a notice even though my payments are current and prepaid . no previous notices about converting my local service to digital .. Poorest customer loyalty ever seen., Never sign on a contract withese scam artists as they are not willing to do anything for you when you call them .. the closest customer office is miles away if you want to cancel your contract DO NOT COMMIT TO COMCAST AS THEY DO NOT VALUE THE CUSTOMER EVEN WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN LOYAL TO THEM !!
Review
#204565 Review #204565 is a subjective opinion of poster.