Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast Sucks

When I moved into my apartment, in June, I was persuaded to go with Comcast internet and cable. Little did I know what a mistake that would prove to be. They came and installed my cable and internet, no problems yet. Then I called to add On Demand to my service, issues start to arise. A Comcast employee was trying to fix someone else issues in the building and managed to unhook my cable. Then I called about a wireless modem, when that finally arrives I realized they charged me a $49.99 install fee, which I would have been ok with if someone was here to hook it up. In my first week of service with Comcast I had to call them at least 5 times in the course of a week. Not including calls to restart my router. I have had numerous issues with them and today my internet connection was spotty, and I am not even using my modem we are talking hardwire into the router. I called and just cancelled my service then they proceeded to insult me by calling me she when I am clearly a guy. Either have Comcast and pray you never have issues or just get rid of your services with them.

Comcast in Dallas, Texas - Small Digital Boxes

I have 4 small digital boxes from Comcast as they have their new upgrades. Everyone of them faied upon installation. The picture did not work, the audio was all static, the remote could not be programmed correctly with the older TVs to turn on/off. Installed on at my mother's house last night, spent an hour and a half with tech support trying to get it to work. This is at least the four generation box Comcast has tried. We finally got the box to change stations but the audio is all static and needs a service call according to them. What a huge waste of time that Comcast just does not understand. I tried to speak with a manager and was promised a call back 48 to 72 hours. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE with Comcast,but these boxes will cost me money as I need 4 not just the 2 free ones. They just have no sense of customer urgency yet they want to merge with another company to become bigger and more powerful

You can go to fcc.gov and do an online complaint.

Our new xfinity boxes don't work correctly all the time either. We've spent hours tring to get our tv working like it did prior to this new equipment.

Requiring new boxes on all the tvs without any service upgrade is really a backdoor rate increase($$ per tv to rent) and I wonder if its been approved by the local governing agency. Why don't we all complain to our local state congress representative and the state regulatory boards?

Loss

Comcast in Houston, Texas - Bait/Switch/offered 1 rate at sale, billed double

Comcast convinced me to switch from our previous DSL internet service due to a promotional rate of $29.99 for 12 months. They also offered the installation for $29.99, discounted from $99.99. When the first bill came, they charged $57.95 and also they charged the full $99.99 installation cost. After I spent hours on the phone trying to resolve, but they refused to acknowledge it. All they would say is, "The best we can do is 6 months." Plain and simple liars and scam-artists! I swear I am going to start recording these phone conversations.

A special rate for Internet service is offered through broadbandoffers.com. The deal is stated as $19.95 per month for 6 months with no contract and service can be cancelled anytime without penalty.

They also advertise a free modem, but you must buy the modem and then mail in rebate forms to receive reimbursement minus shipping cost. The online application takes you through some hoops and indicates that service will be activated after the modem is received. I received the modem and then called the phone number that was provided, which connected to Comcast customer service. They had no record of the order and do not offer any deals such as what was stated.

After an 1-1/2 hours of the runaround, I was finally told that broadbandoffers.com is a third-party service and I would have to go through them for activation. I went back to the beginning, which was an advertisement at comcastoffers.com, which links to broadbandoffers.com. I could not find any phone numbers. There was an online contact form and I submitted a request for activation.

An email response the next day indicated that broadbandoffers.com does NOT handle service activation. They referred me back to Comcast customer service.

The box that the modem came in clearly says "Comcast Corp" at the top of the shipping label and directly underneath this it says "broadbandoffers.com". I finally realized that the whole thing is an elaborate bait and switch scam, which appears to be operated by Comcast. I sincerely doubt that I was the first customer to call Comcast and attempt to activate service based on the broadbandoffers.com offering, but the operators played dumb and led me around and around as if to wear me down so that I would get tired and give up.

The catch is that once you have payed for the modem and received it, you are not likely to return it at your expense, wait for a refund, and also forfeit the original shipping cost.

Broadbandoffers.com cannot activate the service for the stated price and Comcast bumps you into a higher price plan (with a contract?). At that point I decided that I will NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH COMCAST AGAIN!

Comcast Blackout

Comcast cable is ridiculous. I'm currently a student in an off campus apartment and I'm from the Philadelphia area, so naturally I'm a Philly sports fan. Comcast Sportsnet shows the Phillies with no issue during the season, but as soon as hockey season comes around, the Flyers are blacked out. They claim it's *** Penguins jurisdiction, then why don't the Phillies get blacked out for the Pirates? I think they should show the Flyers because I am directly in the middle of the state of Pennsylvania, so both Philadelphia and Pittsburgh teams should be available whenever they have games on television.

you're seriously retarted. it has nothing to do with comcast

Comcast in Saltville, Virginia - Cut off

I went down to the office to pay what I could and they took my money and told me it was alright to pay the rest next week.They were nice but when I got home they still cut me off,they were not nice to a black disable person,and I know they are not nice to anyone else.I am going to cut comcast off when my direct tv come.The office that I'm talking about is off comwealth drive in Charlottesville Va.This has happen before and I am very upset with it.Please do something about it.
Review

Comcast digital converters don't work, neither does their customer service.

I have the new comcast digital converters in my house and am frustrated with the quality and service. My HD tv no longer picks up the locally broadcasted HD channels... they've all been "converted" to grainy garbage. Also, the volume is not synced with the video, which is really irritating. Worse is when the volume goes away altogether. My husband and I called comcast and had the service rep on speaker phone. We explained the poor quality, unsynced video/sound and unpredictable "muting" to the rep. You could hear the embarrassment in his voice while he explained that "yes, it's some times like that." I asked him if we should expect this regularly, that is, some times not having any sound???? His reply, "or not good sound. But, the digital channel box (upgrade/monthly rental fee) never has those issues." It just happened again tonight, and I came to the computer to order the upgraded digital channel box... thought to issue a complaint instead... out of principle.

Its a free DTA unhook it and connect your cable direct *** if you dont want to use a free device. Its a digital transport adapter so its not going to give you hd service. your a *** *** as well

My daughter (Nashville area) has the same problem and was told they would have to lay a new line to her house (at her expense)specifically for the second cable converter box.

Review

Comcast in Fort Lauderdale, Florida - They promised an IPAD after 3-months and sent an IPOD touch

They will say and do anything to get your business. I spoke to Rito at #22038 to set up our account. I spoke with him first and he said that he could not offer the IPAD. So I went on line where I saw the IPAD was offered. I ended up having to deal with a person so I called him back to be loyal to the first person I spoke with, he was so happy that I called him back because as soon as we hung up the IPAD deal came across his desk. After the installation, I called every month to make sure we were in good standing for the IPAD and everything was fine until it was time to send me my IPAD. Now it is the Ipod touch, which they have sent! It is still in the box waiting to switch with the IPAD! I spoke with "Lisa" on 11/12/10 and she said that she would take care of this, she knew that they had offered the IPAD as a promotion, of course she did not call me back. I keep calling and they say they never had the IPAD as an offer now. What a heartless company!
tommyd

Welcome to the crowd !!! I have been calling them for weeks. Everytime, I get a different excuse with every phone call why I am not getting an Ipod.

MAJOR SCAM !!!!

SPREAD THE WORD THAT COMCAST IS A THIEF !!!

I had a similar experience. I called about the Ipod offer.

The ad said that it was given to you if you sign up for a triple play combo. When I called I was told that I had to get the higher triple play to get the ipod. I asked if I needed to sign a contract and was told no. I signed up and waited for my ipod to come.

After about two months I called and they said that I had to have a good account history for 90 day. I called again and they gave me the number of the company that handles the promotions for them. I called and they had no record of my ipod. I called the company again and they said they would look into it and call me back.

They never did so I called them back and was told that again they would check into this and get back to me. They did get back to me in three days and told me that I had to sign up for two years in order to get the ipod. I told them that this was the first time I heard of the requirement.

Got a followup call two months later, after I filed with the better business bureau, and was told that they do not have an ipod for me. The must tell the employees to tell people that if they had one they would send it out (second time someone said this to me on the phone).

In the end I got nothing, what a bunch of crooks

Review

Comcast, need i say more

I just cancelled my comcast "service!" They were awful. Every day I had problems and I had to wait days to get them fixed. The service reps are too busy trying to kiss your butt with their cheesey apologies to really try and solve the problem. They don't want to help one bit until you ask to be connected to the cancellation department. I had my comcast service for a day and already had problems. They charged me for a DVR box that didn't work since the day I got it AND they charged me for a service phone call that didn't even fix the problem at hand! My cable modem quit working after having it for a week! The only reason i even got the service is for school! i hate this service it's worth the extra money for at&t
Review
#209510 Review #209510 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Comcast put us in collections for money they owe us

At the end of August, we were preparing to move out of state and contacted Comcast to let them know when we would need our service disconnected. We received three subsequent automated calls from the company inquiring whether we would like to return our equipment (cable box, modem, and remote) at a Comcast office or if we wanted them to send us boxes to return them by mail. Each time, we opted to return the boxes by mail. By the time we moved, the boxes hadn't come, so we brought the equipment with us. We finally had to call Comcast to see why we hadn't received the boxes. It took three phone calls to finally get the boxes sent. In the meantime, Comcast billed us for unreturned equipment! We paid over $200 for the equipment, which we probably shouldn't have done. Two months after we moved, we finally got the boxes and returned the equipment via UPS - Comcast covered the shipping cost. So with the equipment returned, we've been waiting for the $200+ to be credited to our account (we set up with Comcast at our new home). We were stunned when, about two weeks ago, we got a letter from a collections agency claiming that we owe Comcast $210 for unreturned equipment! We never received any interim billings for this equipment from Comcast after we paid it the first time. Now, we've returned our equipment and paid for it, too, so in reality Comcast owes us $210, but they've taken us to collections! Each time we call customer service to get this fixed, we have to call long distance, and we've been getting the runaround with representatives claiming the Comcast office in our current state can't help us since it's Comcast in the former state that is charging us. My husband called immediately after receiving the collections notice, and the rep confirmed that we owe nothing and that, in fact, money is owed to us. However, the rep refused to cancel their collections claim "until they can track down the equipment." We tracked the UPS shipment and have the arrival confirmation, so if Comcast misplaced it, why are they penalizing us? They were supposed to investigate and call us back by last Wednesday. Surprise, surprise, we haven't heard a peep. I wonder how many more long distance calls we'll have to make before we get this resolved. We're keeping our account open until this gets resolved, figuring that we're more likely to get a credit to our existing account than we are to get a check in the mail if we cancel. But once we get our money and an assurance that collections will be called off, we're dropping this company like a hot potato!
Review
#209359 Review #209359 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast stinks

In Ridgeland, MS, it is a monopoly, unfortunately. Another reason to leave this dump as soon as I can get out of it (just moved here from out of state in May and have despised it most of the time). Comcast just raised my bill by 20 percent for the promotional rate to save me money! Had a 6 month discount then whammo. I'll have to check on satellite since this backwater burg doesn't have other cable options. Comcast offers their typical lousy service, overcharges for it and gets away with it because the state of Mississippi has earned its reputation of being the stupidest state in country and doesn't have competitor services.

Horrible service!! Called support to find the closest location to drop off equipment.

Have been on hold for over 20 minutes.

Come on people!!

If you want to save money on your Comcast bill call 877-824-2288 and ask to speak to the RETENTION Department. They will give you promotions and discounts that no other department can give you.

The promos generally last for 6 months so you have to callback every 6 months. It is worth the trouble because you can get discounts of 25-50%

I know they are just another big company and people sometimes fall through the cracks, but I work for another and they go through great pains to keep customers and make them happy (within reason). I had bad service which cost me time and money as I rely on service for my job.

Had to put in to cancel 3 times as they got it wrong every time AND had to pay during time I didn't even use service due to their mess up. Also was contacted by corporate agent who assured me he would see about credits, monitor my account and then call me back. 2 weeks later....nothing. Not even a memo on my account that he exists.

And then the last rep that HOPEFULLY got my cancellation right, tells me I could have gotten service credits all along due to my issues. I even gave them a change. Almost 6 months worth of patience and waiting. Service was up and down.

When I stopped calling they stopped caring. Which I understand, but honestly, if you have a problem fix it and then call it quits.

Its a shame as they are one of the only carriers in my area. But thank goodness, I was able to get to another one and have the flawless service I need to actually work and make money.

just report them to the fcc (federal regulating body) or the public service commission(state regulating body). comcast hates this.

they are considered infrastructure however, and therefore have to abide by rules and regulations. in this case, the citizen has the power, but comcast banks on you not knowing that!!!!

View more comments (3)
Review
#207904 Review #207904 is a subjective opinion of poster.