Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast are liers, cheaters, stealers and more

To many little boxes Comcast wants you to hook up. The last boxes they sent us were to keep channels they were going to eliminate unless we had these boxes. We went right by the instructions and only 1 worked. We called comcast at the number provided, and worked with them three hours trying to make them work. They told us we would have to return the two that didn't work. The next day we got a call and told the girl what happened and she said since they had put us Thur so much trouble she would send out a tech at NO CHARGE to hook them up. Well we got our bill and guess what... charges of $49.00 each. There were 3, but he only had to hook up 2. We called comcast and they said the supervisor would call us within 24-48 hours. No call. We called again and was told that a supervisor would call us. They did and he said that he had to charge us for one. What????? They are the ones who told us they were sending the tech out to FIX THEIR PRODUCT at NO CHARGE. What out for the ripoffs people. We are changing as soon as we can.
Me

I cant think of any service even off air that you dont need a box. Aside from the TV's that have an off air quam reader for the HD.

There were millions like you that hated the digital transition. However now that majority are converted you do have a picture like you never did b4. You went from hundreds of dots to hundreds of lines PSI. In fact with HD now you can receive thousands of lines per square inch.

Comcast has 2 ways a SIK "self install kit" and a pro install. The SIK is free that is you installing the devices the pro install is not.....UNLESS your service drop had issue or there was a trap placed on your line that had to be removed. I dont understand why you would have needed a supervisor to allow a trouble call fee be removed. That is a standard CSR option he/she can remove depending on the circumstances.

Like all utilies cable only maintains there service drop to the home. You wouldnt expect the power company to come in a rewire your home with new electrical jacks free or the TV repair to come to your home and fix your TV for FREE. Why would expect the cable company to replace/repair your inside wiring for free?

You do pay a monthly bill that keeps increasing from the power company shouldnt they rewire a power outlet free? In fact they dont even replace your power riser off your meter you have to call an electrician for that.

Review

Comcast Cable does not make good on their promotion promises

comcast is a joke.........signed up in july 2010 for triple play was told we would recieve a ipod touch in oct 2010, it is now march of 2011 an NO IPOD!!!!! i get a run around everytime i call. maybe i should call the 5 on your side guys!!! thinking direct tv may be getting some new business soon! i just dont get why they promote their company and then fail the customers...not good business, really this from a billion dollar company! and it is the poor shleps like me that wait for it to come..i am out!

Yes I too was duped....signed up for triple play and was told I would receive a $200 gift card. Four months later no gift card, spoke to numerous people, supervisors, etc.

and now are being told that my account is not nor was ever eligible for this promotion. What a scam...they should be ashamed of themselves...the big company that they are!

Review

Comcast raises prices by the minute!

I left Verizon b/c my DSL service went out and they had me stay home 2 whole days and both times they never showed up. Never an apology...nothing...and they made me pay for breaking my contract. Been with Comcast less than one year. Started out with a $69 promotion which was supposed to go to $99...now it's $117 a month and rising. They suck and I hate the monopoly they have on cable and the internet. The customer service rep said they have the right to raise the rates whenever they wanted. Does anyone know which politicians are getting money from Comcast/Verizon to maintain this monopoly?

Comcast promises are worthless

I recently called comcast to discuss downgrading my cable to extended. I told them it would be temporary. I also informed them i would like to start using my own modem and router instead of renting one from them. I was told to bring in all of my equipment, incl. the modem I wished to use instead of comcasts to my local (bellingham, wa) office. When I did as asked; the service rep first told me that I was misinformed; that no modem worked except for the one comcast was renting us. She said it was due to my getting my cable tv and dsl thru the same modem. I showed her that i had a cable modem, one that i had been assured would suffice; and she again said no, I must rent one from comcast. Then, she picks up my standard dvr off the counter and says that no one is allowed stnd. dvr's any longer and that she had to take it. I said wait, no, I want to keep it. She said I had to either pay for a hd dvr or go to a reg. cable box for 8.99. (I pay 9.99 for my dvr) I said no way and she ignored me and whished it away to another room. I asked to speak to someone else and finally she called up someone who ended up telling her that I could keep my dvr and he then gave her an authorization code which she entered into my account. But, when she went to retrieve my dvr, she came out with a new one, saying it took less time to enter the information she needed with a new one instead of my old one. I had over 30 hrs of recording on it and it all set up. She also "lost" my remote and gave me another one while acting P/O because the supervisor allowed me to keep my dvr. The last straw was when I asked for the one free cable box that comes with the extended basic. She told me I didn't get a free cable box, that I had to pay for my DVR, and also, for the cable box. I asked her for the adapter which comcast states on their site is free to allow tv's to get channels 25-75. She said there was no such a device, and that my only option was to either pay for both boxes or simply watch only the analog channels on the tv in the living room. DO I have any recourse to force comcast to provide a free cable box per their own advertising; or is this the penalty I have to pay for having stood my ground re: my dvr? If I am downgrading my cable so I can be a responsible customer and ensure I don't have services I can't pay for; then it follows that I can't afford to be paying for cable boxes and modems that either I already have, or that comcast promsies to provide for free. what is up with that? Pam thornton oregonwolf@hotmail.com
Comcast Tv Service
Loss

Poor comcast service.

I called comcast for service for my HD cable box. Five days have gone by and I am still waiting foor a response. No one has come to repair my cable box. Comcast has poor customer service. I called customer service and comcast promises that I will get a call from the tech and I recieve no call. With today's communication technology comcast has poor communication. Comcast has poor customer service. Comcast sent me an email stating thety will end my service. I have not authorized this action. They have no intention of providing customer service. I am looking at the competition for my cable internet and phone service.

Comcast review in Richardson, Texas: Unresolved Customer Service

I HAD ENOUGH!!! I have been a Comcast(Now, Time Warner) for over 15 years. For the last 4 months, my I have been getting a lot of dropped connections, then unable to to connect online for several hours or sometimes days. I have called their customer service with this issue and always been told that they will send a tech to my resident. I had emphasized to them that it's no use if the come over when my internet is working at the time. They are willing to check the problem at their own convenience but not mine(when the internet is not working). I know that it's not my modem, I replaced it a couple of times. Hard wiring my connection doesn't help either. One of the techs that came to my house told me that they have an on call tech to handle this issue and advised me to ask for it when the problem occurs, I tried but fell into deft ears. I had asked them why they keep sending a tech to my house when my internet is working because the techs will only tell me it's working and there is nothing to fix. DUH! I also tried to discontinue my service several times and got transferred to their retention department. This department will offer you a good deal to keep your business. I took the bait a few times because of the quality of the product(very fast!!, when it's working). On my last call, I gave them an option. I told them I will keep the service if you can send a tech right now, if not, then cancel my subscription. They chose to cancel my subscription. I really liked Time Warner speed compared to AT&T(my back up) but the customer service to resolve my ongoing issue got me frustrated and furious. SO, THAT"S ENOUGH!!!

We are about to be hit with the switch to digital and not analog, plus apparently needing a box for every TV. There is not accurance information forthcoming, and it also appears that a newer TV or DVR will still require a Comcast box, which sounds like a ripoff

COMCAST RIP OFF

Comcast says they will fix my internet connection problem, this is what happened... One day my internet started to get disconnected randomly. My bill was on time, never had this before. So one guy comes over and says oh the problem is in the street, so he can't do anything about it, says someone else will come. No one ever did for over 2 weeks! So I call Comcast, they send another guy, this time the guy says my modem is bad (the one that I own not lease from them! Smart hu?) So I get a new modem from them, he replaces wires inside and outside the house. This was fine until I got a bill in the mail for $29 when I was told this was going to be a NO CHARGE service. Before they charge me for this I get a letter in the mail, here is $20 for credit on your account for the trouble. Next bill there it is $29 for service call! PLEASE !!!!!! RIP OFF I am going to close my account and tell everyone I know about your sick monopoly on my local market! I cannot get another company other than comcast for high speed internet...WHY?! Control the price and market ! This is illegal! Wake up america!
Comcast Internet Service

Very satisified with Comcast.

It really cracks me up how some people go on here and smear a company that has been the top cable provider in the country since 1963. Every company has issues to be worked out or individual issues at individual homes with equiptment ect. It happenes in every aspect of every company. I have had Comcast for 17 years and have never had an issue. That is not to say that issues dont come up but be an adult about and call the 1-800-COMCAST number and ask for help instead of just being a hater. You folks complaining on here are also the same ones complaining about every other type of service issue with every other company you do business with. Get a grip on yourselves for goodness sake.

Very satified is Brian Robert's Mom - say Goodnight Gracie :zzz :grin ;) :roll :p

Me

Thats great thought I was a lone ranger here. I am a tech at Comcast and I do see every issue described within these threads on my day to day.

Folks hes right just call the number if you dont like the answer or the person your talking to HANG UP call back. There are like 24 call centers not to mention you can always jump in your car and drive to your local office. We only have ---------1 overseas call center. If you have got it you are most likely calling in the late hours or a time when the others are busy or in meetings.

Wait a bit and call back in. I hate talking to overseas troubleshooters myself. If you are not happy with the end result of your service or you had a complaint dont call....you will be called by our survey automated service within an hour after that tech closes your work order. Remember this automated call IS RECORDERED.

It can and in some cases be used for training purposes for the Comcast Employs. The supervisors do listen to these and ALL the bad ones are flagged for a supervisor to hear. Comcast does care about its customers. We are striving to to get to your issue and resolve it the 1st trip.

There are times when 1 guy misses something and a return trip is needed. There should not be a case when a 3rd trip to your home is needed. In these cases it is escalated to a supervisor automatically. We do not want to waste your valueable time no more than you want us repeating the visit 4 same issue.

As well you can ask 4 a specific tech to revisit your home if you liked his skill set or even ask for an expierenced tech only. You are the end user and it is your home dont be afraid to ask for specifics...

Not happy with a Company then don't do business with them. Need an example?

I hate Taco bell so i have a choice.

I can either go eat Taco Bell and then complain about how *** it is OR.....wait for it..........i can eat something else instead. Either i am a genius or some people struggle hard.

I agree, the cost of cable service is high and, I realize that I have the choice to spend my money the way I see fit. I used to work in the Comcast call center and I will be the first to say it was the worst job I have ever had.The customers a rude,immature and overall clueless.I should write a book on the experiences I had As far as my service, in the four years I have had subscribed to Comcast, I have never lost or experienced degraded picture quality or sluggish internet.Lets face it there is and never will be 'perfect service'. There are just too many variables.

I agree with the original writer of this post. I've had Comcast since they came to WA in 2002 and it's been great.

I don't know about other people, but here we have Qwest, CenturyLink and Frontier and they suck!! Dropped internet every Friday and Saturday. Plus they're only open 8 hours a day and closed Sunday (CenturyLink that is). Yeah Comcast is super annoying with their pricing, but you get what you pay for.

I use my internet for everything and I would go nuts if I had to go back to 1.5mg...yikes! TV not so much, I like Netflix and a land line is unnecessary this day in age.

The issue is that the channels that i've had for the past 2 years have been eliminated on 2-12-11 and the rest of the good channels are scheduled to be removed 3-22-11. I got the adapters that comcast said was needed to keep the channels that I was loosing and get 10 new ones.

Well I didn't get anything that the letter described and lost even more when I connected the adapter.

Customer service said that it will cost me $45 more a month for the package that includes what I lost. I hate comcast.

Robin139

You sure must like your job with Comcast, or are you a paid lobbyist?

What baloney. 17 years with Comcast and you're completely satisfied? I guess it's 'refreshing' to find someone who appreciates being rolled over by big business.

View more comments (7)
Review

Comcast jeopardizes small business move

After many weeks of dialog and attempted service connection with COMCAST for a small (35 person) northern Virginia office they now say the don't know when they can connect even though the cable is already into the new office space (we are moving from another office building); they say that the area served "is in transition".... what the heck does that mean; we're now a little of a week from our move-in date, in today's world small companies cannot function without reasonable internet connection/service and COMCAST looks like a bunch of lost sheep; the company appears to be incompetent. Kepler Research, Inc.
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast is deceitful n called my wife a liar

comcast will once in a while actually do maybe one thing right an back in january got our bill mess straightened out an was said we would be paying 150 per month starting jan 31 an so when we got our bill it was for 106 due to the credit they owed us an then wehn my wife went to pay this months or feb bill it said past due amount of 245 an then a another bill due after our reg months bill being a total of 427 an realy people are we *** to buy this bs well iam taking it to corporate an my wife is a mess an had a panick attack over it
Loss