Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
Please read the last paragraph--I have a suggestion about how all the disgruntled people can get back at Comcast. I called to schedule an transfer of service from my old provider to Comcast on 12/19/2010. They tell me that I can have it installed on 12/26/2010 between...

COMCAST SUCKS...HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE IF YOU COULD CALL IT THAT....UNPROFESSIONAL; LYING, CHEATING, BUNCH OF CROOKS.....MODERN DAY CORPORATE THIEVERY ALL AT THE CUSTOMERS EXPENSE...GOV SHOULD SHUT COMCAST DOWN!

DONT TRUST ANYTHING THEY TELL YOU GO TO VERIZON....OR ATT...COMCAST IS HORRIBLE!

View more comments
Review
Everyday I have to listen to Comcast customers calling in crying about "I can't watch Oprah" or "My kids Xbox isn't working" or "My new Blu-Ray player isn't working." 95% of the time, when I talk to them all of their COMCAST equipment and services are...

Missing you boo

View more comments

Comcast

I scheduled new service with Comcast and prior to coming out and being scheduled, my credit was ran and other personal information was verified. My schedule date was on a Sunday, the technician came out and stayed at my home for over 3 hours, towards the end he said there was a problem, that I had previous service at my address, which was a lie. Well, the technician took his equipment and did not replace my original equipment, which he promised, I was without a phone, which is a necessity, and cable. I contacted customer service ASAP, filed numerous complaints with Comcast and no follow up. This technician took a power cord that belonged to me in his hurry to run out of my house like a coward that he is. Needlss to say I will never order this service, nor will I ever use for my business. I will pursue this unethical business practice until all my expenses are paid. This coward was in my home for 3 hours, ruined my carpet, screwed up my service, left me without communication over their ignorance.

Comcast responded to my call for a slow modern service by offering me a double play package with promises of higher speed, an additional HD cable TV for a modest increase in price for new equipment rental. True enough, the first bill was fine $75, the nest bill was $250 with no explanation.

I have not paid it yet, I am angry as ***. Like everyone else I have been defrauded by this monopoly called COMCAST. Now it's even worse, they have just been approved to buy Warner Cable.

Unless something happens we're in for a big surprise.

AT&T is just as bad from my previous experience, ur I have never been scammed like I am now. I would rather grudgingly go back to AT&T

hardworkingamerican

Doesn't suprise me that they ran your credit but did you ever think that maybe you are just aggrevated and it isn't true what your saying. I am betting that there was cable set up in your home but maybe under your spouses name or another family memeber and it was probably delinquent and shut off so then you called to set it up in your name.

I mean you gave it away when you said they took equipment you already had. That would have to mean you already had the svc in the house. Come on ppl please be honest here.

You need that much attention you need to lie about something. what is with the people in this country.

justicefortangy

No surprise, Comcast has not followed up with me to date. I have filed a BBB & FCC complaint, hopefully this will get them thinking. This company has the worst customer service, I look forward to them going out of business.

View more comments (2)

Comcast in Boston, Massachusetts - Terrible customer service

signed up for a promotion they were having for 2yrs, great promo to get us from Verizon but then they change it after a year and came up with the excuse that they keyed in the wrong promo...already spent endless hours of trying to find someone to fix it and to no avail... now trying to find someone at corporate to see if they know how to fix it...8 people later and still no answers...nice company..going back to Verizon as soon as we can at least if they make a mistake you can find someone to fix it on one call.

Bad ip from comcast

mi ip from comcast has had black box spam reports on it since 2007. ive only had for 2 months. i have 2 other email accounts w computermail and yahoo. they give me time outs, and suspend me, because i have a bad ip. ive delt with all areas of comcast for 2 months stright, everyone passes it to someone else. the ex. office just left a message on my phone saying they changed my ip, but they did not. they refuse to communicate through email because i told them im saving all correspondance. all i want is a new ip. so much for comcast customer gaurentee.

August 24, 2013

Comcast

I am writing to inform you about the type of service provided to me by Comcast which is very different to your advertisements in various form. If I tell you the whole story it will be very long hence I will write highlights and you can check the file Comcast maintains on my account. The problem has been intermittent hence difficult to pin down.

Summer 2012 –We could not watch summer Olympics on high definition CBS due to interference to the point that picture and audio were not working at all. Comcast response – loose connections hence it was my responsibility. Solution – We watched regular CBS instead of HD since that time.

July 2013 – Very erratic internet reception to a point that lots of calls were dropped on our Vonage phone. Could not work on the computer at home because what should take less than 10 minutes took more than an hour (if I got connection). Comcast technician came, tightened connections and left. Problem continues.

August 9, 2013 – Comcast technician came and replaced modem after I worked with your technicians that there was a connection problem. The new modem made the problem even worse as the non-reception times were longer and the lights on the modem were not even lit for prolonged periods. Your technicians confirmed that the modem had no signal 57 times (I do not know over what period of time). Your technician insisted on sending another modem by UPS rather than with a technician.

August 15, 2013 – New modem arrives and I installed it with Comcast technician help. Your technician suspected the splitter was defective so modem was directly connected and TV was disconnected. After about 4 hours all modem lights were not lit and there was no reception. I installed a new splitter and watched. Internet connection was erratic. I contacted Comcast the following day and worked with Comcast technician. She could not see the signal from the modem. She suggested removing the splitter and she was able to see the signal thereby concluding that splitter was faulty. I suggested reconnecting the splitter and test again. It worked and confirmed erratic reception. Now scheduling the technician visit started. Comcast insisted on charging $50 to my account and if the technician felt it was not Comcast fault the charge will be reversed.

How much more do we need to go through before we get the service we have been paying for without getting the service promised? During discussion one of Comcast representative mentioned that it was your policy to credit my account $20 whenever a technician is involved and the problem continues. I should get a credit of at least $60 on this account. Your supervisor would not honor that commitment.

A technician was scheduled for 8/21/2013 with a window of 3-5 PM. I took time off from work and stayed at home. At 5 PM I was told the technician was running late and will be here at 6:30 PM. I had no choice but to wait and he never showed up and nobody called me. On 8/23/2013 I called Comcast to reschedule the technician. Your representative went through the entire history and we lost telephone connection because internet went down. I made another call and got another representative and I spent another 30 minutes to get a technician appointment. Soon after it was set we lost telephone connection again. Now the technician earliest appointment I could get is August 29, 12-4 PM. There goes your two hour window guarantee.

By the way, during last few days the reception on TV is scrambled on channels in addition to CBS HD and this is also erratic. Same thing is happening on the phone line put in by Comcast (luckily we are not depending on that phone line). Meanwhile, we keep on paying our bills without getting any reliable service. I hope you will listen to the recorded conversations that have taken place between your representatives and me. I can write an interesting book.

Regards

Chandra

Chandra P. Khattak, Ph.D.

11 Forsythia Dr.

Nashua, NH 03062

Home phone : 603-577-1703

cpkhattak@gmail.com

with a service like comcast you have a dynamic IP address, it changes all the time on its own. there is virtually no way that you've had the same IP address since 2007, you have probably had tens or hundreds in that time period. you can also force it to change anytime you want if you change your mac address.

also, because of the dynamic ip system, it is silly for a company like yahoo to ban an IP address, so it is probably also worth your while to contact them about it.

far more likely is that your computer is a malware'd up piece of junk and you spam people without knowing it.

169ip

Listen up, jag-off. You Will not get as you say "a new ip address".

The DHCP server will release a new ip with every service update that comcast issues.

If you are having issue with some online email service like yahoo or gmail, it's not a comcast related issue. This one's for you and all those other *** out there that think every computer issue is the issue of their isp! Comcast provides internet service...period!!

how you access it or access online apps and websites is your freakin problem. End of story.

Are you forwarding email to your other accounts? Email the abuse department at Comcast to see if they can help you. abuse@comcast.net

View more comments (3)
Review

Comcast in Honolulu, Hawaii - One of your customer's is dosing me for about two days now

Hello, I have been sniffing out who has been dosing me.. Not sure what you guys can do but here is the info: (TCP)66.176.231.16:64576->65.75.241.175:43594 ,40 Bytes source host:c-66-176-231-16.hsd1.fl.comcast.net Source IP:66.176.231.16 He has been doing it just now, and will not stop, I've asked him numeriouse times to stop, before i file a complaint, but he didn't. He beeen doing it for about two days now, It is damaging my VPS sever, and my vps company is not happy about that. Please do something about this, before I take legal action on this person.

get a lawyer we don't have time to police the internet

Review

"Comcast" is latin for "to rob."

I have so many complaints about this company, but I'll just focus on the two main points. My internet drops signal at least twice a day and each time the router needs to be reset. It's really caused a lot of problems, mainly because I take online classes and I actually failed an exam because my service was lost in the middle of taking it. I've called customer service many times and I've gotten the same answer: Comcast does not support wireless routers. I'm sorry, I just looked at my calendar and saw that it's almost 2011. HOW CAN YOU NOT SUPPORT WIRELESS?! Everything is wireless! What they mean to say, though, is that they don't support routers that weren't purchased through Comcast. Therefore, the only thing customer service reps can do is tell you to unplug your router and let it sit, then plug it back in. A five year old could have figured that out. That doesn't fix the problem. And I refuse to give more of my money to Comcast by purchasing an "approved" router, just so this bull will most likely happen anyway. Also, I rarely watch television but when I do, service gets interrupted probably about 3 times an hour. It's bad enough my service goes out, but it goes out in the most annoying way - the picture pixelates then freezes, and if there's any sound going on it gets all loopy, and sometimes there is even a big popping noise. I've probably uttered the phrase "I'm paying for this?!" about 10000 times since I've subscribed to cable. I really wish there wasn't this huge monopoly on cable providers in my area because I would LOVE to terminate my service. Thoroughly annoyed.

I agree with thoroughly annoyed...Comcast is lousy. I have the same problems with the TV and with the "so-called" fast internet service.

Thank God they don't have my phone.

Xfinity is a scam to get more money out of people for lousy service. Don't be fooled...stay as far away from Comcast as possible.

Also, it sounds like you need to have a technician visit your house to correct the problems with your cable TV services. If you already have, it sucks that they didn't resolve it and you should ask for a supervisor next time to make sure they send a lead tech.

If you haven't allowed them a chance to come out to try to fix it, then you can't really hold it against them. The problems you described cannot be fixed over the phone, and although it would be nice if this kind of thing never happened at all, there's no such thing as perfect technology.

I don't really understand why you would expect Comcast to fix equipment that is not theirs and has nothing to do with them. If you have a third party router that is not working correctly, you should call the manufacturer of that router for support.

My guess is that you don't want to do this because it's out of warranty and they want to charge you. Sorry about your luck, but that's how things go.

You are not entitled to free support for every device you connect to Comcast's network, or even free support from the manufacturer after it's out of warranty for that matter.

The good news is, however, that it's pretty cheap to get a router from Comcast these days. You can order one online at www.comcast.com/wirelessrouter.

geuss what comcast won't support your router in 2012 or 2013 either

View more comments (3)

Comcast lied to me

After being informed that I was losing my job, I contacted Comcast to lower my bill. I told them if they keep the billing rate the same after the promotional period ends, I wont have to cancel. They agreed to keep my bill the same. I called several more times between September and December to make sure there was no mistake. Well surprise surprise, they raised my bill. I called them to complain and cancel and was told there was no record of me contacting them. This is an outright lie. I am now filing a complaint with the AG and the FCC in CT.

Ct should be blown up for people like you. Get a job and pay your bill or disconnect no one cares if you cant afford a luxury. Read a book or go for a run you fat ***

Review
#211913 Review #211913 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast- shoddy payment system

Comcast customer service is an absolute joke. I literally spent an entire hour trying to use their shoddy phone system to make a payment. Press 1 for credit card and it asks for my checking account account routing number! How ***! It is $6 to talk to a person - there's 30 mins of press number garbage before that is even an option. I think Comcast deliberately has a shoddy phone system to steal from people more easily. ...Surely people that provide phone and internet service could have a system that actually works? Cox Cable is so much better- don't waste your time with Comcast. Cox has a phone system that actually works, better prices, and doesn't charge you $6 to talk to a person!

It doesn't cost $6 to talk to a person, but it might cost $6 to make a payment through a representative. This is indeed meant to deter you from making payments over the phone, as it costs to staff the call centers and it is completely unnecessary to make payments this way.

I suggest making payments online.

Go to customer.comcast.com. If you don't have your log in information you will have to call to get it, but they will not charge you for that, and assuming you don't forget your password you'll never have to deal with the pay by phone deal again.

I hate comcast

I hate comcast--stuck with this sucky service. TV show selection is poor... the *** box isn't compatible with the newer TVs and stereo systems.... customer service is not helpful in looking at the larger fix-- they just want you off the phone. I've spent hours on the telephoen with comcast--- many hours at home waiting thfor service person,and have had dto pay someone on numerous occasionsn to meet the service rep. Promises aren't kept. They have refused to hide the wires in teh front of my house... refused to use existing wires, and refused to work with correctly their system errors. Bait and switch with services. Lousy customer serice. I wish I had a choice of service providers.

Instead of crying get on a tread mill or do something else with your life. Like take a long walk off a short bridge