Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast increased our bill even when on promotion

We installed Comcast service in September with a promotion of Digital Preferred & Xfinity Internet for 12 months. From April, the cable tv bill went up by $20. When asked about this they said that Cable TV promotion was only for 6 months and Internet for 12 months. But the work order was with speicific wording 'Digital Preferred & Xfinity Internet for 12 months'. Contacted the Manager and nearest Customer center. But nobody is ready to accept the wordings on the Work order. Just going by their system record - 6 months cable and 12 months internet. We are fed up with this type of cheating. Hope that their days will be over soon.

Glad I checked the reviews as my husband and I decided to cancel the service prior to installation this week. You saved us a true headache. :)

Same here!! Don't know if they are in your area, but I switched to ATT U-VERSE and they are WORLD'S BETTER!!

Get over it. Did you need that extra few months to make your first million or what? Losers like you just *** people off with your whining over something tha you probably didnt read or understand from the get-go.

View more comments (2)

Comcast in Portland, Oregon - Billing errors and no customer service

Requested a service from Comcast. After 2 hours did't receive the promised service. Called and canceled with no problem. Next month billed for it. Called and stated a billing error and they would correct. Next month they billed me 3 times for the same service we didn't ever receive. Called and spoke with supervisor who was flip and will credit but advised me it was my fault that I should not have been able to cancel the pay per view (NHL) even if the service was bad and the product never received. Supervisor Ross was unfriendly, cut me off when explaining and never apologized or took ownership of their continued errors.
Loss

Comcast...should be cast out! Bad Bad company!

There is little good to say about this company. When you get wireless internet and they supply you with the netgear box...you can't get any help if it isn't working. Not unless you sign up for some second hand company for $100.00 a year. (I have yet to call and be helped, because of some "technical difficulties" on their end) The reason for this? It's because when you get the box it's already out of its three month warranty. Comcast buys them far in advance and then they let them sit and the warranty goes "poof". So then neither Comcast can help...cause it's not their box and Netgear won't help cause the warranty expired. If you call and are ever lucky, hahaha, enough for someone to answer I hope you are ready to settle in for, well...forever comes to mind. Everyone passes the buck, no one knows anything! I have been in tears over my frustration with these people. I have written the president of the company and received a call from some flunky, whose job it is, is to keep people like me from the president of the company. Now, what a nice guy, he gave me his number, "in case you ever have another problem, I'll patch you right in to the top guys" only...if you answer your phone or return your messages, which he, apparently does not do. So, another dead end...what a shock! And now...yeah, this is the best (and I've left TONS OF STUFF OUT) I find out that the whole time I've had my phone, no one could ever call in. Not a really big deal as I only recently got house phones and connected them. I was told this is a problem on their end and it will be fixed in 24 to 72 hours. When I asked what they were going to do, since I have been paying $45.00 a month for one-sided service she told me..."nothing". She said I should have called to tell them and I asked her how often she checks her phones to make sure they work? I don't call myself, specially since I have my cell phone. The worst of all of this is that you get the sense that either people don't care and/or they are working for a company that doesn't care. This needs to be stopped! I think this is definately something that the Better Business Bureau needs to looks into closely. It became almost too stressful, like out of the box frustration and anger in August when I was trying to get all of the hook ups done in time for my grandson to begin online schooling. I was so mad and I felt there was NOTHING I could do, nothing I could say...I felt so helpless and that really enraged me inside. I am not that kind of person, so to feel so helpless and to be denied answers, time after time, it really is a really horrible feeling. I can't even find the words to explain those days.

I would switch providers!! I had a similar experience myself!!

Go for At&t's U-Verse I love it!! No complaints here!!

I would switch providers!! I had a similar experience myself!!

Go for At&t's U-Verse I love it!! No complaints here!!

View more comments (1)
Review

Comcast in Olympia, Washington - Discontinnued ch.245 from my package.

I've had ch.245 for 2 years,(included in HD preferred bundle). Now I don't. Called Farrah at Fife, WA. Comcast office. She said it was a promotion,(so we could follow the problems in Japan),that started at the beginning of March and ended recently. She said if I wanted the channel, it was $24.95. I asked her for the address of the Comcast Corporate Headquarters. She refused to give it to me. I would like to write a letter of complaint. does anyone have the address? Thank you. p.s. The same thing happened to me with the speed channel a couple years ago.

Google it, it's a publicly traded company - I am sure the headquarter's address is listed somewhere..... like at One Comcast way in Philadelphia PA 19103.

See - google is amazing!

And TV Japan is not, will never be, and has never been a free channel, nor has it been included in a channel lineup package. Although it is a ridiculously

expensive channel, I will give you that, But your beef is an invalid one.

Comcast in Richmond, Virginia - Ppp

this is the stupidest thing you order a ppv program and all the sudden they cant get to your area this is about the 7th time this has happened to us its *** you charge us a arm and leg for the ppv and then cant deliver what next if comcast cant get there links to live events why do they advertise them in the first and speaking of ads why are there so many commercail on monday nite raw 10 to twelve every time redickless 3 mabay fourbut ten not good at all hope you can fix these problems dish doesnt have them
Review

Comcast has the worst customer service

My roommate and I signed up for Comcast because it was the recommended company that came in the little welcome packet when we signed our apartment lease. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE customer service!!! Every single month we had problems. My box kept cutting out and the DVR never worked so they had to send 3 different workers out to come fix it/replace the box. It STILL doesn't work all the time. They said they'd credit us $20 for the inconvenience and they tried to cheat and see if we wouldn't notice that that credit never showed up. Every single billing month we've had to call because they were trying to scam us on one thing or another whether they were saying we missed a payment, they didn't honor a credit, or they were making up charges to add to our bill. We're canceling our service. FIND SOMEONE ELSE!

Maybe it's time to defend Comcast and give all you *** a different point of view. I used to work for Comcast and I can tell you that I guarantee you were always late on your bills, have had your acct disconnected because of this multiple times, and furthermore, I know first-hand that Comcast DOES NOT make up charges.

How many promotions do you expect to get. The good news is that whatever cable company you go to will treat you the same way, then because of your own errors, you will complain about them too.

Comcast/Xfinity Lightbulb Joke

Lot of ads going around this area for Comcast XFinity's $29.99 teaser-rates. Yet I'm getting sick and tired of hearing the dude who has this Comcast keep whining about Customer Srvce's continually blowing him off. So therefore, I'm passing along an appropriate lightbulb joke which we both thought would be too good not to repeat here: --- Q: How many Comcast/Xfinity reps does it take to change a lightbulb?? A: Three. 1. That genial Sales&Marketing Rep to sell you on lightbulb-changing service at the $30 lowball teaser-rate + extra one-time charges. 2. That harried and overworked Technician to actually change the bulb. 3. The Billing Rep from the Corporate Office to run over with you in detail, the Written Contract which you just HAD to sign to get lightbulb service in the 1st place!! LOL, It's SO true!

I have had multiple issues with their services. First by saying that the cable boxes are dinosaurs and are refurbished.

Second, the customer service doesn't know one end to the other without giving you an answer that's true. Let me just say if you can avoid ordering their services, I would definately go with another cable provider.

The xfinity logo is a joke as well. They are so behind the eight ball, they mind as well call it endfinity!

Comcast Customer Service Sucks and Nobody CARES

Received by bill and it was $35 higher than the last few months and spoke with customer service agent after being on hold for over 1 1/2 hours and she was *** and transfered me to another person and after having to repeat my information some three times I then was promised a call back from the supervisor and never got the call back. Typical experience with Comcast, sure wish another cable company was in this area. No wonder they were in Bankruptcy. They truly suck as a company. Called customer service again and after another 1 hour 45 minutes finally spoke with a human and they aren't any help eitehr.
skippybadmitton

I switched to Comcast a year ago. They have the worst customer service on the planet.

Everyone at the call center speaks broken English.

I'm switching back to DirecTV. Never should have left them in the first place.

Plain and simple, Customers need to form a class action against Comcast(now Xfinity)for,

A- Price gouging.

B- Unfair business practices.

C- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

D- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

E- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

*** Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

G- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

H- False advertising.

There you have it folks, 8 good and valid reasons for a class action against Comcast.

The problem is for some reason people are afraid of forming a class action against this company...

My bill was $37 more than the previous month this month. I called and they said I was already paying a discounted rate.

What? When did Comcast decide to raise prices and not tell the consumer? WTF? I never received any information on price hikes on cable and Internet bundles.

I'm so sick of big conglomerate companies doing whatever they want and screwing the consumer that keeps it in business. I sooooo want to leave this horrible company that calls itself Comcast. They are such a disgrace and forget that the people it serves is the reason why they still have a job. All they want is money.

Greedy bastards. 10 years of loyalty doesn't matter.

Why? Because they own the world in cable/Internet services.

Direct TV did the same thing, charged me $500 for a dvr that i already bought 2 years ago! all they did was attempt to credit me but I spilled some colourful words and the "Law-suit" bomb, "I have the recipt from when i bought it 2 years ago and your re-bill for this charge refund or ill see you in court." they refunded my money the next day in a check.

Come to an understanding that all cable companies SUCK, similar sittuation with my friend and COX

Comcast has been billing me for digital converter boxes that we suppose to be free for 14 month. The admit they over charged me by $206, but are willing to credit me only for two months, about $35. I call this stealing.

I placed an on-line order with Comcast for new cable service in my home. My order was for the digital starter package, at 29.99, 2 additional digital boxes at 8.50 each and 2 adapters, at no cost. I understood what my monthly fees would be. I was told during our on-line chat that the installation would be $34.99, which was a savings down from the normal $50.00. Great deal! Come on and let's get going! When the tech arrived at my home, he had the 3 digital boxes but showed nowhere on his order the 2 adpater kits. No problem, he would drop them off the next day. Great. When we were discussing the installation, he said the $34.99 was for 1 basic install only: the additional boxes would be around $70 PER BOX! The sales rep I ordered thru never mentioned this to me and I re-iterated that I would only be paying the $34.99. Yes. That is it. It was out of the techs hands, and he indicated this kind of deceptive sales pratice was pretty common. Just the day before he arrived at a customers home and they were told the same thing. I contacted Customer Service at Comcast and they were no help: they said there are additional fees for installing the additional boxes and fishing the line. I called there Executive Complaint department and was told the same thing, however, she would waive the $34.99 fee and one of the other install fees. I don't think so.

There should be a transcript of my order details and in it you will find no mention of any potential additional charges for installation.

I wasted my Saturday waiting for the tech to get there, even went so far as to make it easy for him to pull the cable into the attic by cutting *** in the wall and running a string he could attach his cable to and pull it through. What a waste.

Comcast is doing nothing to honor their contract, which is what it basically is when I signed up with them.

I would like to see them honor their contract with me by sending the correct equipment ordered and installing it at the quoted $34.99 price.

As of yet they are unwilling to make good on their end of the agreement.

View more comments (5)

Horrible service from Comcast

I am a customer who buys cable TV, Internet and phone service from you. On 3/14 I lose my internet service. I call Comcast and spend 45 minutes on the phone try to get the problem diagnosed. They can't find the problem so I ask for a service call. It is set up for 3/16, between 8-11. I'm on the phone at for a couple of minutes around 9:30. Apparently that is the same time the tech is trying to reach me to confirm that I am home. I can't take the call because I'm already on the line. As a result my appointment is cancelled. First problem: NO ONE EVER TOLD ME WHEN I SET UP THE APPOINTMENT THAT 1.) A CONFIRMING CALL WOULD BE MADE THAT MORNING AND 2.) IF I DIDN'T TAKE THE CALL THE APPOINTMENT WOULD BE CANCELLED. NUTS. I call and ask for another appointment and am given the 11-2 slot for the same day. I have now lost a 1/2 a day from work. A tech arrives ( nice guy) and in about 20 minutes tells me that my wireless router has failed and that I can get a new one from Comcast at no cost by either ordering one and having it shipped or visiting a Comcast outlet about 15 minutes from my job. I tell him I want to pick it up myself at the outlet. He says It is Bloomfield but he can't give me the address or the phone number because " they don't give us that information". NUTS. I go online and Google "Comcast Bloomfield". A page appears. Surprise: No local phone number, no address. I call the 800 # on the screen and after going through a whole bunch of prompts am told to call some other 800 #. NUTS. I do some more googling and find the street address.The next day I take the 30 minutes round trip to visit the place. I take my ticket, wait in line. Then I'm told "You can't get routers from here, it's has to be done by mail." NUTS. I then order the router on 3/17 and am told it will be 3-5 business days before I receive it. BY 3/28 I still don't have it so I call. At that point I'm told that it will be 2-3 weeks and that I must have " "misunderstood". I didn't "misunderstand" anything. I know what "3-5 days" sounds like, which happens to be nothing like " 2-3 weeks". They don't sound remotely alike. In short, Comcast wastes the customer's time, make it difficult for them to get necessary information, and gives them incorrect information. On the service side of things I can't think of any other categories that are left to screw up. They disrespect their customers.

All of a sudden no channels are available above #22; only a "no signal" message appears where each should be. I've tried to call, but get put on "hold" indefinitely and hear nothing but recorded messages and menus--none of which address my problem.

Comcast is a lesson in abject frustration.

Why are they still in business? By the way, my payment is made automatically every month.

Review

Can't breath, I'm so mad at comcast

All I can say now is the I have been jerked around by comcast for months. Lied to, charged for service that's not working (DVR), promised a refund for months of non-service, then told, "Well, you only mentioned that the service didn't work in your last service call and we can only give you a partial month refund." I'd been calling and complaining for months. But, the topper today: They cut off service because I had, the said, not paid my account since January. Hey, folks, I said when I called, I just paid $170 two weeks ago to you! No, we don't have any record of that, they said. Funny that my bank account shows that amount going to comcast two weeks ago. If their lips are moving at comcast, they're lying.

I have been trying to advertise on Comcast for months now. I've spoken to everyone but the people in charge of commercials for tv,, , , apparently!

I spend around $6000.00 per month on advertising and wanted to switch it over to cable advertising, and no one seems to know who to talk to. Not a one of them passed my name off to the correct department....

let alone the right person!

Guess they are so rich that they don't need my advertising dollars!

I am so pissed at this company. I feel robbed and lied to.

I cannot express how angry and pissed i am. In had a bill of 65 dollars month for cable and a phone line. Then ingot internet and my bill came in at 405 dollars.

For a simple upgrade. I am sooooo *** pissed!!!!!

NO ***! these pig headed script reading lazy *** can not figure out anything.

I have been on phone with hours over days, 3 boxes later still not working.

How do they keep in business. I ma going to change as soon as I can

View more comments (2)