Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast review in Arlington, Virginia: Internet and phone don't work way too often

It is time for us to lead a consumer revolt against Comcast. My phone and Internet are out at least once a week. I have had enough. I am trying to get someone at The Washington Post to do an article, but until then, I have a suggestion: FOR EVERY DAY YOUR SERVICE IS OUT, DEDUCT THAT DAY FROM YOUR BILL WHEN YOU PAY IT. NOTE ON THE BILL THAT IT IS A DEDUCTION FOR LACK OF SERVICE. If hundreds of thousands of us do this, there aren't enough collection agencies in the country to handle the volume. Do it. Keep track of when your service is out, even for an hour, and deduct that day from your bill. We have to hit this mutil-billion-dollar company where it will matter...in its wallet. I'm starting today, August 26, 2011, in Bethesda, MD.

Do it, let it go to collections, have no service because they disconnect you for non pay and screw up your credit. Mass exodus and going to a competitor will effect them much more than deducting days without service - your approach is childish at best, but on the right track.

Comcast Internet Service

Complained to comcast neighbors in apt complex stealing my cable

Called comcast on several occasions, couldnt get anyone to listen to me. Apt complex that i moved into have a scam going on with cable tv seen them many times putting a ladder against my bldg to gt to cable . They do this late at night and have friends watch for someone coming. They are pulling cable into their roofs, and some thru their wall . I know this is common in apts and cable comes out after receiving complaints and can never detect this scam. This one particular guy does this for many tenants here. They even cheered when cable guy left unable to detect anything. This guy is good at what he does ,hardly anyone purchases cable, all they need is unsuspecting person that gets it installed. Theirs clicking of your box from every direction of apts. This guy drives around for hours clicking your box from outside when hookin other people up. If no box available he puts a ladder n uses splitter.

My recommendation: take a few pictures if you can, and call the police. This is something that cable companies can't necessarily detect all the time.

Review
Overall, I'm not satisfied with Comcast's service. I am satisfied with their internet speed but not with their customer service. Absolutely horrible. I have examples below... 1) Ordered services through their 3rd party Offerwire)- Some shady company out of the...

as a former employee of Comcast I can say that if you signed up for service thru a 3rd party - good luck! I often received calls from customers that were expecting an install or equipment to be shipped, but there was no record of any account at that address - the 3rd party seller did not submit the info into our database - we essentially had to create a new account and of course we did not have the same pricing that the seller offered and we would have to schedule the install at least a day or 2 out from when the customer was expecting it.

It was a big mess, when I complained to management they said "We know, we are working on it" but nothing ever changed. Eventually we were given a phone number for the 3rd party so we could refer the customer to them when these issues arose.

View more comments

Comcast-terrible sevice

Ever since comcast partnered with xfinity my service has deteriated. computer is slower,getting into the internet during the day is almost impossible. Cable-lose picture and sound(gets jumbled with squares and broken talking. At times loss of signal(not only one channel but a bunch). Lastley advertisement to buy into their telephone network. With this lousey service why would I. I feel I am in a monopoly here. I am tired of paying for poor service and I want it improved. ever since it went to XFINITY total Comcast service is worse and calls to comcast do not make it better, thank you.

They didn't partner with "XFINITY" because "XFINITY" is not a Company. "XFINITY" is "COMCAST" rebranding their products - like Verizon has FIOS (or had depending on the area) and AT&T has U-VERSE. They aren't seperate companies, just different branding of the services the company provides.

Comcast review in South Bend, Indiana: Support squad rebate

I called what I thought was Comcast to get a wireless router. Come to find out, it is support squad/saveology that I am talking to. I buy a router with the promise of a $45 rebate. When I get the router, I have to cancel the automatic $10/month fee for the service, which was a pain. At any rate, when I go to get the rebate like the salesman Roger Donahue told me I could get, I find I am not eligible for it because of a new service I didn't sign up for (I was an existing customer with Comcast). I call telling them I was told I could get a rebate. They were going to "pull the tapes and listen to the call" and get back to me. They never did. I call again weeks later: the manager can't be found but I'll get a phone call that day...no call. I call back weeks after that, wait a long time on hold, and am told I'll get a call back within the hour about what they determined regarding what I was told on my original call with Roger. No call back. What a piece of *** company...how do those that make decisions there even sleep at night?

Same thing! I called both Support Squad and Comcast and both deny charging us for their services.

Chase credit card called support squad and was able to dispute our charges. WTF?!

Reason of review
Poor customer service

Comcast not giving credit promised

2 months ago Comcast promised me a credit of 60. I called a month ago as the credit had not applied yet. They said it was denied but they would resubmit it. I call yesterday and the credit is still pending? I have spent hours on the phone with them and resolution. I have spoken with several supervisors and no one there seems able to help. I did find out reps can only issue 25, so a supervisor has to approve the credit. Do I need to do arbitration to get my credit? Or can I go to small claims court?
#331989

I have been waiting for 2 YEARS for 3 months of my bill to be adjusted. I have kept every copy of service calls, 48 in total now, when I call them, I hear that they have NO RECORD of me calling or no record that a tech was scheduled to come to my home.

When I mention how many receipts I have from service calls, they suddenly find some of them, however they claim that there is no information about a credit due to my account. I have been to comcast, called countless times, I was given a District Managers number, he NEVER called me back, and the worse part is that none of the services I've been paying for work all of the time. I was asked to track daily, when I had interruptions in any of my 3 services. In 45 days, I had issues with cable TV 26 days, the internet 31 days, my home phone 38 days.

Sometimes it was an hour without, sometimes it was 1 or 2 days without. This cause 2 BIG issues, 1) I office out of my home and couldn't any more since I couldn't count on phone service or internet service, so I had to rent office space out of my pocket, and #2 my security system was tied to my home phone and after the police came to my home the 3rd time, they said they were going to start charging me for false alarms. That was because my home phone wasn't working, my security system sent a signal to the monitoring station as they thought my phone lines had been tampered with so they sent the police out. I actually turned off my home alarm (I still have to pay for the service) so that I wouldn't have to pay fines to the police.

Comcast is responsible for me having to put at risk my families saftey and the security of my home because comcast wouldn't fix my home phone line.

They are a complete waste of time. If it were possible, I would switch service ASAP, and I wouldn't care how much it costs, as long as it works. Comcast has yet to fix all of the issues in my home and I recently noticed additional charges on my bill because they claim that they sent me a new DVR and the smaller boxes for 2 other TV's and I never returned the "damaged" ones.

I NEVER said I had damaged equipment and I never heard them say they were sending me new equipment. I NEVER received new equiptment. They are a JOKE! The interesting this about this site, is that regular people get to share their stories and I am sure comcast doesn't even know about this site and if they did, they wouldn't read it.

I sent several letter to comcast, their Board of Directors, several people listed in their prospectus and any other address I could find on line throug the BBB and NOBODY FROM THOSE LETTERS EVER CALLED ME. Those letters went to atleast 35 people in their company and on their board.

Loss

Comcast let me go for 7 days w/o phone or internet and i received a full bill and a service fee

comcastxfinity left me wo phone and internet services for 7 days i gave my ss# to so many people and i even spoke with 2 supervisors and they said they were sorry and would compensate me guess how much twenty dollars. I am so pissed off with these people i don't recomend this cable service to anyone.NOWWW I,m expected to pay my full bill and a service charge...just imagine if i was you how would you feel ..this is crazy ,,,it gotta be another way Direct TV might sometimes go out in the rain but they are coming to take care of you
Comcast Tv Service

Comcast and terrible service

I'm typing this on my phone because my internet is down again. I called, and as usual, it will take 4 days for a technician to show up. The rep didn't even pretend to care and was quite rude overall. I had better and more reliable service in Afghanistan from a small dish at a combat outpost. I hate this company with a passion. They also like to add charges to the bill on a regular basis, and then act surprised when I call to ask about it. They never seem to know where the charges came from. Liars and cheats.

Comcast gave the wrong PPV

So in my second month of service I ordered my monthly wrestling Pay Per View that is supposed to cost me $44.99. Well the family congregates to watch and changes the channel. We don't see wrestlers we see *** stars. After 45 minutes on the phone with the service rep, they got the PPV to work on another channel and said they would credit me for both the $44.99 showing and the $49.99 (HD) showing. I called the next day to make sure the credits were on my account, and they told me it was against their policies to credit for both of them, I could only be credited for one showing. Well after arguing with the rep and the supervisor for another 45 minutes, they kept sticking to their story about not being able to credit me. And wouldn't do anything to otherwise satisfy me. Well I had to clock in from my lunch so I just told them since they can't all agree on anything from day to day that they would have to hear back from me when I cancelled my services. I'll go find services elsewhere I guess. Dish Network carries all the same stations and is actually cheaper, even after the promotional period. I guess I'd rather deal with no internet than the reps at Comcast.

Comcast services

I do nothing it seems but every other day contact Comcast about the recurrent outage of thier services for my phone and internet. they take the complaint and then say they are sending someone but no one comes after I plan and wait for a repair man. I am convinced that the problem lies not in my home but the outside wirering and continually I get cut off when talking on the phone )this week it was with my Doctor ) x 4 and yet they have no interest in fixing the problem What can I do about this ? Please someone help

Karen I wouldn't do that if I were you. All it will do is ruin your credit because your service will be turned off due to nonpayment (meaning full payment).

I have had comcast for just a little over a month. I am getting rid of them due to the fact that my whole system (all 3) went out. They won't give you credit unless it has been out a full day. Plus I found out that I was being over charged for my service.

Plus my internet is slower. Yeah they are goners in my household. I am going to try ATT Uverse.

That is being installed in a 2 weeks. If they don't work back to att landline phone, dsl and direct tv.

It is time for us to lead a consumer revolt against Comcast. Like the person above, my phone and Internet are out at least once a week.

I have had enough. I am trying to get someone at The Washington Post to do an article, but until then, I have a suggestion: FOR EVERY DAY YOUR SERVICE IS OUT, DEDUCT THAT DAY FROM YOUR BILL WHEN YOU PAY IT. NOTE ON THE BILL THAT IT IS A DEDUCTION FOR LACK OF SERVICE. If hundreds of thousands of us do this, there aren’t enough collection agencies in the country to handle the volume.

View more comments (1)