Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast let me go for 7 days w/o phone or internet and i received a full bill and a service fee

comcastxfinity left me wo phone and internet services for 7 days i gave my ss# to so many people and i even spoke with 2 supervisors and they said they were sorry and would compensate me guess how much twenty dollars. I am so pissed off with these people i don't recomend this cable service to anyone.NOWWW I,m expected to pay my full bill and a service charge...just imagine if i was you how would you feel ..this is crazy ,,,it gotta be another way Direct TV might sometimes go out in the rain but they are coming to take care of you

Comcast and terrible service

I'm typing this on my phone because my internet is down again. I called, and as usual, it will take 4 days for a technician to show up. The rep didn't even pretend to care and was quite rude overall. I had better and more reliable service in Afghanistan from a small dish at a combat outpost. I hate this company with a passion. They also like to add charges to the bill on a regular basis, and then act surprised when I call to ask about it. They never seem to know where the charges came from. Liars and cheats.
Loss

Comcast gave the wrong PPV

So in my second month of service I ordered my monthly wrestling Pay Per View that is supposed to cost me $44.99. Well the family congregates to watch and changes the channel. We don't see wrestlers we see *** stars. After 45 minutes on the phone with the service rep, they got the PPV to work on another channel and said they would credit me for both the $44.99 showing and the $49.99 (HD) showing. I called the next day to make sure the credits were on my account, and they told me it was against their policies to credit for both of them, I could only be credited for one showing. Well after arguing with the rep and the supervisor for another 45 minutes, they kept sticking to their story about not being able to credit me. And wouldn't do anything to otherwise satisfy me. Well I had to clock in from my lunch so I just told them since they can't all agree on anything from day to day that they would have to hear back from me when I cancelled my services. I'll go find services elsewhere I guess. Dish Network carries all the same stations and is actually cheaper, even after the promotional period. I guess I'd rather deal with no internet than the reps at Comcast.

Comcast services

I do nothing it seems but every other day contact Comcast about the recurrent outage of thier services for my phone and internet. they take the complaint and then say they are sending someone but no one comes after I plan and wait for a repair man. I am convinced that the problem lies not in my home but the outside wirering and continually I get cut off when talking on the phone )this week it was with my Doctor ) x 4 and yet they have no interest in fixing the problem What can I do about this ? Please someone help

Karen I wouldn't do that if I were you. All it will do is ruin your credit because your service will be turned off due to nonpayment (meaning full payment).

I have had comcast for just a little over a month. I am getting rid of them due to the fact that my whole system (all 3) went out. They won't give you credit unless it has been out a full day. Plus I found out that I was being over charged for my service.

Plus my internet is slower. Yeah they are goners in my household. I am going to try ATT Uverse.

That is being installed in a 2 weeks. If they don't work back to att landline phone, dsl and direct tv.

It is time for us to lead a consumer revolt against Comcast. Like the person above, my phone and Internet are out at least once a week.

I have had enough. I am trying to get someone at The Washington Post to do an article, but until then, I have a suggestion: FOR EVERY DAY YOUR SERVICE IS OUT, DEDUCT THAT DAY FROM YOUR BILL WHEN YOU PAY IT. NOTE ON THE BILL THAT IT IS A DEDUCTION FOR LACK OF SERVICE. If hundreds of thousands of us do this, there aren’t enough collection agencies in the country to handle the volume.

Do it. Keep track of when your service is out, even for an hour, and deduct that day from your bill.

We have to hit this mutil-billion-dollar company where it will matter...in its wallet. I'm starting today, August 26, 2011, in Bethesda, MD.

View more comments (1)
Review

Comcast in Clovis, California - Incorrect Billing, Horrible Service, Broken Cable

Disgusting business ethics. Here's the rundown of my Comcast service: 1. I was told to keep my cable box and modem when I moved to my new house, the technician said that was wrong info and that I had to call Comcast and request a box to mail the equipment back. I mailed it back in THEIR box and then was charged $350 for missing equipment. They are still "searching" for the missing equipment. 2. The technician installing cable at my new house arrived 2 hours late (I waited home from work for 6 hours) and did not receive a "Customer Guarantee" credit 3. The line that they ran through my backyard is STILL not buried after repeated appointments and promises. It has now been over a month and I have to stand in the back yard lifting the cable up while my husband mows. 4. Our cable went out a few days after being installed and the agent said that if if we wanted a technician to come out and fix it, they would charge us $40 because we didn't have "equipment protection". Our only other choice was to drive to a Comcast lobby and exchange our cable box. 5. We drove an hour to exchange the cable box, waited an hour online and, of course, it didn't work. 6. A technician finally came out and all he did to fix the cable, was to call the in-office technician who "recoded" the signal. Not sure why they could not have done that with US over the phone. 7. TWO DAYS LATER THE CABLE WENT OUT AGAIN 8. We called to get this next outage fixed and the agent promised us that dispatch would call us within an hour to schedule a visit TODAY......it has now been two hours and guess what? We just got an automated message that said "Thank you for scheduling your repair visit on TUESDAY". Today is SUNDAY. And today is the day that we switch to satellite. I am posting this review on every board, Facebook page and discussion board that I can find online.

Promised everything delievered nothing Comcast

I had had cable since the beginning of time I got tired of the increases every other year, I got tired of the re-runs, I got tired of my neighbors stealing my cable and Comcast doing nothing about it, somebody should tell them that kids don't subscribe to cable. I got tired of them lying to me promising everything then doing nothing. I turned my cable off May 2010 and left owing Comcast about $118 they worried me (or at least tried to) for the money I told them if they handled my problems and concerns like they thought they would handle me getting their money there wouldn't have been a problem!! I've saved over $1600 in the almost 16 months since I turned Comcast off they have the nerve to have collections calling me about $40 I still owe them. They wasn't in a hurry to resolve my issues and almost 16 months later I haven't been in a hurry to pay them their money!

Turned my comcast tv cable off. They are unable to keep my neighbors from stealing it.

My neighbors even cheered after they left and they didnt see anything. Now they didnt hide put ladders next to my wall and hooked up more neighbors . I live in apts and theirs a scam going. So turned it off and heard these idiots try for a week before they stopped,tho they still try every once in awhile comcast should learn from these scam artists.

They know alot more than comcast does. I wonder how long it will take them to catch them,if they ever do.

ccountry

You chose to damage your credit. Good decision.

View more comments (1)

Comcast is the WORST Company Ever

There are not many things I hate more than realizing that I have to call Comcast about something. Let's see what I've had to deal with this week, and I don't even currently have their service. I moved here from Indianapolis where I discontinued service and paid my bill. A month after moving, I had a collection agency calling me to tell me I owed Comcast nearly $300. I called Comcast, was transferred between about 5 different people and on hold for 24 minutes, only to be told that I had to speak with the local office in Indianapolis because they couldn't do anything. The first time I was transferred to Indianapolis, the automated system told me to call back later. I called the 800 number again and went through the *** automated charade once more. I finally spoke to a rep who gave me the direct Indianapolis number. I called the number only to find out it was the number to a local Chase bank and they said they have hundreds of people calling them everyday asking for Chase. I gave up and called back the next day and found out that they did not record that I turned in my equipment until the day after my billing cycle ended, so they send a letter to a collection agency. They confirmed that they did receive them and I didn't owe any money (in fact I had a credit) and said I would have to wait for a local rep to MAIL me confirmation of the credit. I'm still waiting. Next, I had set up an appointment for Comcast to come set up my cable in Chicago. ***, I know, because I should have learned from my mistakes. However, they offered a great price over the phone but I know it will be higher on my bill. Regardless, they came 2 weeks ago and couldn't find the Comcast lines in my building. They left and rescheduled. The second round of technicians were confirmed multiple times to arrive in the 10am - 1pm window on a Saturday. I was not at home this morning and had 2 voicemails from Comcast at 9am saying they were at my building and leaving because I wasn't here. Well, I set the 10am - 1pm window because I knew I wasn't going to be around on Saturday before 10am. So I called the 800 number back, had to be redirected through 3 people, then someone who barely spoke English and didn't understand my problem said he will see if dispatch could call someone to come back, and that he would call me back. I waited an hour, called them back and was told someone would still come between the 10am - 1pm window. THEN I had the original person call me back to let me know that a technician will be out sometime before 8pm. THAT IS A 7 HOUR WINDOW. Apparently I'm not supposed to leave my house all day on Saturday in case the technician comes in that time frame before 8pm. The reason I made it earlier was so that I could still do stuff that day after the appointment. I am beyond frustrated with this ignorant and unprofessional company and am considering canceling the appointment to have RCN come out. I HATE COMCAST.

I promised myself when I switched to Verizon a few years back that I would not go back to Comcast. Well they hit me up with a great deal including free DVR for 2 years so I took the bait again.

One month in, they send me a letter saying they hoped I enjoyed the one month free trial and that they would begin charging me.

I'm kicking myself. I'm going back to Verizon and this time I'm not coming back.

My friends work for Comcast and they say Comcast does not use it's own service they use T1 internet services for employee computers.

wirelessbound

if we all ban together and report them to the FCC maybe things will change.

My DVR always worked good until they came out with Xfinity. Now nothing works the way it should.

I think Xfinity is a code word for how to screw the public.

It's amazing that the authorities allow them to get away their shennanigans.

In all my 70 plus years I have never seen a company like that, and a public utility monopoly to boot. Where are the regulations?

View more comments (4)

Comcast in Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Worst customer service ever

I lose cable / internet at least a couple times a month now. I have a home based business (that relies on internet) and I am a college student taking online classes. I just wish I had a reasonable alternative to Comcast, because relying on this company has been nightmarish. I came home from work today, to yet again discover that my house phone, cable and internet were down yet again. I called comcast and of course got their computer menu. I tried EVERY combination of choices. They all, but one, resulted in telling me to call 18005551212 (1800 directory service) and then ended my call. The only option that resulted in something different was the selection identifying me as a potential new customer. Sure - then they picked up. Of course they couldn't help. But they couldn't even give me a number to call. They kept offering me the number to my local cable office, but it was after 6pm and they would not be open. All I wanted to do was report that my service was down. . . . to ensure that somebody was working on the problem. It took over an hour of navigating computer menus and speaking to useless sales people and I got nowhere fast. This is some of the worst customer service I have EVER experienced in my life. I can't remember the last time I was this frustrated. Even after putting extreme caution to not take out my frustrations on the poor sales woman - I was getting absolutely no help. Really? call 1800 directory service? You've got to be kidding me. I've lost money and suffered in my classes because of comcast's consistent failure to provide uninterrupted service. And not having any recourse is driving me crazy. I HATE COMCAST and wish for a reasonable substitute so badly. I'd pay %150 of what I'm paying now, just to do business with a decent company. Grrrrrrrrr.
Review

Comcast in Canton, Georgia - Everybody, Don't Do Xfinity!

Xfinity, the much touted and advertised upgrade to comcast service. I have internet and TV with them. It's terrible. XFinity internet service is subject to slowing constantly, most of my programs will not work correctly. For example, logging in to a game server. They seem to randomly block ports and kill my game. XFinity TV is actually a downgrade. HD does not work correctly, Channels are missing, PnP no longer functions. When they sent a firmware update to my last DVR it exploded, losing most of my shows. The ON DEMAND service no longer allows fast forwarding on most shows. (Note: Exploded is a techy term for crashed and its the nicest one I could use) In conclusion, xfinity is terrible and I would switch if AT&T wasn't even worse.
Review

Comcast service terrible. 4 visits,problem still not fixed.

Our Comcast OnDemand has not worked for over a month. Now awaiting 5th service visit,supposedly by a supervisor who hopefully knows what he's doing. Last service visit actually made the problem worse. Long waits to talk to representatives; explain problem to service people who do not pass information on to the technician. Spent 45 minutes on phone with Comcast last night, most of it on hold listening to message of how Comcast really cares. All corporate BS. Entire organization geared to what's best for Comcast, not the customer. Terrible, terrible company -- really feel sorry for the service technicians and account reps who actually have to face and deal with Comcast customers.