Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast Sucks

My Comcast DVR keeps rebooting itself, and has been doing so for about seven months off and on. I pay for a service I can't even use, because I can't watch TV when it keeps shutting off. The "customer service" is a joke -- they are all incompetent and can never fix any problem, and when I specifically ask them to send out a repairman on a weekend, they give me weekday dates. I have a job, so that's obviously not going to work. I'm so extremely dissatisfied with Comcast -- beyond what words can express -- as I have had nothing but problems with them since installation last February! I've literally had to call, talk via online chat, and e-mail Comcast no less than 20 times. Sadly, I'm not exaggerating. This business rips off its customers, does not provide a suitable service, and should be shut down.

Oh, *** Truly the appropriate name. FYI, I spend my entire day reading and writing, as I write for a living.

So, after a 10- to 12-hour day, I like to relax in front of the TV.

You, in fact are the one who needs a life. I mean, who wastes time with that kind of comment?

Your a *** *** really get a life or read a dam book

Review

Comcast in Washington, District Of Columbia - Xfinity...ridiculously rude service rep and confusing bills

We have xfinity for tv, voice and internet. This company should be served with a class action lawsuit based on their billing practices. Over the past 15 months I have had to call them to straighten out our bill numerous times. Fro example, we will be billed for "special equipment". when We call about it we are told it is for our phone router...but we already get billed for the router for the internet. When that is pointed out, we are told we are right and that they owe us so much money...but having been charging it for MONTHS so they say, they "can only repay for the past 6 months"-- excuse me? When I owe money do I only go back 6 months??? A few months pass by and the bill goes up AGAIN. This time it is for "voice equipment"---again we call to find out we should not be billed for this, "We owe you a refund..." And sop it goes. I am so sick of monitoring that bill and having little charges under different names and headings show up over and over, then they acknowledge we were incorrectly billed WHEN WE FOLLOW UP ABOUT IT. This feels intentional.Just think, if they bill 500,000 customer and extra 7 or 8 bucks a month until they get called on it, that is a ton of money for them. How hard can it be to stand by what you say you will charge per month and not shhift the numbers all over the place month after month. Our phone bill and internet has vascillated by 12 a month like a yo-yo for no reason-- not for extra movies or anything. When we asked we were told that sometimes thhey put a router charge on one bill and not the other and the next month some of the internet charges may be put into the phone category, etc. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT??? So today I called again, said I was going to switch but just saw they have a new internet deal for $19.99/mo. If I were a new customer, I'd get that rate, so would you give me that rate to reconsider switching? This seems to make COLETTE pissed. She gets this condescending, rude tone of voice and basically lets me know what a *** question I just asked. She asks me to tell her where I saw the $19.99 deal, paper? tv? online? I can't remember right away because quite frankly, I am having a hard time taking in her tone of voice. Thank God she doesn't work for me, cuz that is no good for anyone's business. After she repeats for the 2nd or 3rd time why my question is ***, I say, "Ok, that answers that. I will be switching." This, is offensive to her on a rather personal level. So she then says, "Well, maybe if you asked me what we could do to bring a monthly bill down that'd be a different question that asking about the rate for our new customers whom we bill differently and it IS NOT PENALIZING REGULAR CUSTOMERS..." (Wow. Oh, now she acknowledges there is a $19.99/mo rate). At this point I said, "I am not interested this type of conversation with you, it is rude." She then continues her argumentative tone to say "she has not been rude and has not been "derogatory" towards me (she has also not been helpful, respectful nor used a professional tone of voice, however) and that if I want to speak to her supervisor it will be a 24 hour callback wait. (Bet I never hear from the supervisor). That was so ridiculous, no one has to put up with a customer service rep who is a bully like that so I ended the call. eehhh. Her tone of voice and pissiness made my hands shake by the time I got off the phone. The whole thing was like taking a relaxing walk around the block and running into some loose snarling dog. Go home, Colette. But seriously, what is up with their crazy and shady billing practices??

Comcast is pretty lousy

I know they are just another big company and people sometimes fall through the cracks, but I work for another and they go through great pains to keep customers and make them happy (within reason). I had bad service which cost me time and money as I rely on service for my job. Had to put in to cancel 3 times as they got it wrong every time AND had to pay during time I didn't even use service due to their mess up. Also was contacted by corporate agent who assured me he would see about credits, monitor my account and then call me back. 2 weeks later....nothing. Not even a memo on my account that he exists. And then the last rep that HOPEFULLY got my cancellation right, tells me I could have gotten service credits all along due to my issues. I even gave them a change. Almost 6 months worth of patience and waiting. Service was up and down. When I stopped calling they stopped caring. Which I understand, but honestly, if you have a problem fix it and then call it quits. Its a shame as they are one of the only carriers in my area. But thank goodness, I was able to get to another one and have the flawless service I need to actually work and make money.

Comcast

No internet again. Called comcast. Customer service offered to send tech out "some time this week". They have been to my house 5 times in the past 1 1/2 for problems. I said this was unreasonable. How many times do I have to leave work for something I contiue to pay for that never works as promised? CS rep said he had techs to house about "50 times in 2 years" he thought this was proof of good service! Are you kidding me? Why would you continue a service that required a rep to come into your home a couple times a month. Comcast must offer alot of vacation time!
Review
I have been a comcast customer for over 10 years, never paid late. moved from one city to another. Got comcast in new city. Immediately comcast turned me over to a collection agency, ERS equipment recovery service. I have been harassed for months over two modems...

Hi I'm from Nashville, TN. Transferred my Comcast service last year and ever since they've been chasing me for their equipments that are at my new service address!

And several times I called them and got the problem "solved". But now they turned me over to collections!

I had to email and call their CS, and now it's "solved" but I'm not sure it really has, or if they already ruined my credit and my health! If you are also considering a lawsuit, please contact me kevin972@gmail.

View more comments

Comcast is horrible!

Comcast is horrible. The internet and phone doesn't work consistently. When I call to get service they say that someone will be out, and that person doesn't show up. Then I call again and go through an hour of "checking the connection" with a new representative, who promises that someone will be out to fix the problem. Of course, no one calls or bothers to let us know what is going on. The last time I called, I was told that someone "might" be out today or tomorrow. I've called at least 20 times now. Even when my service is not "out", it's horrible. When I call to complain, I am told that there is nothing wrong. I want OUT of this contract! I am sick of not having internet!
Loss

Comcast why you did put QVCHD and HSNHD

Another ploy by the shysters by comcast management.I pay for HBO and Starz HD both premium channels. Whilst i was flipping through the guide i noticed that that Comcast conveniently slipped QVC and HSN between the two premium stations.Why put that *** there? My guess is they get paid by the shopping channels per item sold.So instead of putting these stations somewhere a more obscure (less sales)they put them where they have the highest traffic. I really wish i had another viable option in my area i would *** can these *** in a New York minute....ARRGGG I HATE COMCAST

If you want to save money on your Comcast bill call 877-824-2288 and ask to speak to the RETENTION Department. They will give you promotions and discounts that no other department can give you.

The promos generally last for 6 months so you have to callback every 6 months. It is worth the trouble because you can get discounts of 25-50%

I need to escape Comcast's Customer Service

Experience with Comcast's customer service, has led me to issue some sage advice to the public. Escape from them and sign up with other companies to service your TV and/or computer. I realized yesterday that my mental ability to deal with them was deteriorating when I made the decision September 7th to NOT call Comcast for the entire month of September. I desperately needed a break. Yes, as a good paying customer all these years, my billing got all messed up and I have been trying to resolve it since July 2011. It all started in May 2011 when speaking to a customer service representative about a TV issue. I was shocked when HE (didn't get his name) let me know that he discovered that Comcast had been overcharging me since January 2011. He quickly figured out credits due me. I was very happy. Then at the end of June 2011 I made the fatal error of wanting to pay all my bills online. I put my Comcast payment in for July. Mid-July I called because of a TV problem and was surprised to learn that my July payment was in arrears with a late charge and returned check fee. I immediately called the billing department, waiting on hold for quite some time. I spoke to a representative who told me that if your bank doesn't accept the check payment, there is a hefty return fee along with the late fee. I asked to speak to a supervisor upon which I gave her my confirmation number for the transaction. After being on hold, she returned letting me know that I had put in the incorrect information so the check was rejected by Comcast, hence the late fee and returned check charge. It had never even gotten to my bank. She mentioned that the transaction number isn't an indication of anything but she was able to look it up. She was kind enough to *** the charges and the payment was put back through and she verified it was all okay. I called back at the end of July and was amazed to find out that I owed the same payment with additional late charges and check return fees. On hold again, and after speaking to another representative, I was transferred to another supervisor. She was so sorry that this was happening to me, blah – blah. She told me that the bank again rejected my check so I let her know that it never reached the bank. She apologized profusely, suggesting I make a payment through a credit card. She would be glad to take all the other charges off. I asked her if I had put in my information as Marilyn Monroe with a phony amount and account no would I still get a confirmation n umber. She told me yes and agreed that it didn't seem to make any sense. I guess Comcast just wants to appear to make customers feel as though they have paid. It would be interesting to find out how much of their profit comes from late fees. YA? So I charged my monthly amount of around $125 to a credit card after having paid them all off several months ago. I hesitated to call Comcast back mid-August but due to a lack of service I needed to find out the problem. I just didn't want to hear that my billing was still a mess. Well it was and I was again in arrears of over $200. So after being on hold for a while, I told the representative to just put me through to a supervisor. This supervisor, as the others, apologized up and down and was so sorry that I had been going through all this. She said she would fix it once and for all. As I was on hold I saw my life being consumed with a company called Comcast. They couldn't get their stuff together and it was at my expense. The fact that these confirmation numbers are just fakes should be illegal and I am going to contact the FCC. She finally returned letting me know that I only owed a total of $106 plus some change. I told her I didn't have the address handy and would she email it so I could get the check out before I went out of town. She agreed. Several days went by and I hadn't received the address. I didn't want to spend time going through all my messy piles of bills to get it. I needed to pack. So I, reluctantly, sat down in my well-worn chair and called Comcast customer service again. The holding time was bothersome because all I could think of was getting stuff done for my trip. I finally spoke with a representative and asked her to give me the mailing address so I could get my bill out. She told me that she didn't have one, would I mind holding. HOLD I did for twenty minutes, at which time I hung up. My mind was so wrapped up in leaving town; I just couldn't sit there anymore listening to the music while on hold. I got my phone book and looked up the nearest Comcast store, wrote the check for $107, and mailed it to them along with a note explaining what was going on and to please forward it to billing. Whew, I thought and went off on my trip. It was a very nice break from Comcast. When I returned, I found that my payment envelope to Comcast had been returned "sender unknown". I was mortified. At that moment I decided to put off calling Comcast till October 1, so I could mentally take a break from this company's horrible customer service. So I took off September with Comcast constantly on my mind. I had always paid all my bills on time but what was this company doing to me. During a terrible rain and flooding episode in my city, I had to call Comcast to check on the status of my TV and internet which had gone down. OH my, they told me I owed over $400 and was overdue. I slammed down the phone and vowed to wait till October 1. On October 1, I found myself still putting off calling them, knowing I had till midnight. I got my mail and my goodness, I had a notice from Comcast warning me that they were going to cancel my service if I didn't pay September's bill. But I would still be in arrears over $300. So I set aside a good hour to call them. I spoke to a representative asking her to give me the name, title and email address of someone in the company that could resolve my problem. She told me I had reached the National Call Center and they don't carry that type of information. I asked for the headquarters address and phone number, and again she let me know that she didn't have access to that. So I was transferred to a supervisor. After being on hold again for a while, the supervisor also told me that they don't have any information on "important" people that could help me out. She recommended that I go online and talk to customer service live. Yes, that would certainly solve my problem. She did tell me that she would put a rush for another supervisor from my area to call me back the next day. I think she forgot it was Sunday. I decided right at that moment to sit down and write this all out, publishing it everywhere I could, thereby letting the public know about the very lousy service Comcast put a customer through. It isn't worth the mental anxiety. So "Public", hear my story. Beware of the giant company Comcast. Customer's service representatives are only there to appease you. I hope you got through all this. It was very cathartic for my mental state so I thank you for listening. I am now looking into Satellite TV. This is a very tired, disappointed, and angry customer.

You mention contacting the FCC. They may or may not have juristriction over the billing practices of Comcast.

Better yet, I would suggest you contact and file a complaint with the " Public Service Comission " in your state. They would have more juristiction in a situation such as yours. Additionally companies like Comcast usually have some sort of Franchise License or agreement with your city or town so you could contact your City Hall and find the appropriate department to inform about this.

I would suggest contacting these agencies by telephone AND more importantly by written letter sent through the Post Office. I would use E Mail as a third option as e mails are easily overlooked, deleted or bypassed.

In complaints such as yours or situations that have happened to me I have always had the best result with a written ( typed or PC generated and printed ) letter sent through the mail.

Try to keep written corespondence as brief and to the point as you possibly can. Agencies such as your City Hall and your states Public Service Comission may not have time to read long and multi page letters as they would for corespondence having one page.

If your city or town also has a " Better Business Bureau " it would be a good idea to contact them as well.

OMGoodness. When I tried to turn on my cable this morning, I had nothing but the guide.

A call to Comcast revealed that my service was suspended even though I had just made a payment on Sep 28. They said the bank returned my check, only I didn't pay by check, I paid on-line. They said that was the same as a check and that the account number was invalid. I received no notice of this, no e-mail, call, snail mail, nothing -- just turned off my service.

I was told by the automated voice system that I could make a payment on-line with no charge to bring the bill current. Neat trick with no *** internet service since they suspended my service. So I pay by telephone incurring an additional $2.99 charge. I then called a different number and told customer service my complaint.

They took off the late fee and the telephone payment convenience fee, but not the $30 returned check fee. My bank also never got the debit to my account, so how could they return it. I've had ENOUGH!!!

Although I don't have many options for internet service, I am getting satellite installed this weekend. It seems like this rejected account information is a SCAM!

I call them sometimes just to cry because, every month i end up paying 150 dollars for internet alone. :cry no matter how many times they pay in full they say i never payed. There bastards.

View more comments (2)
Review
 I signed up for cable Internet & phone service through comcast. I made an appointment for the 24th of September for installation between 8-12. At 1 when noone showed up I called the representative John Bowker and said noone showed up for my appointment. He took my...

I had pretty much the same experience. I am going on my 5th try, and as od now, the tech is an hr.

Late from their 8to10am window. They act as if their time is more vakuable than yours. $20 does not cover all the time I have spent waiting. It is rediculius.

And this is to install cable and internet. I dont even have their service yet....I just recieved a callback statimg they will be there at 12pm! That is 2 hours late!

Again! Worst company ever.

View more comments

No HD for Comcast Hillsdale

So I'm watching the MLB playoffs and Comcast does not offer it on HD. This is 2011, not 2001. Further, we are in the middle of Big Ten country and we don't get Big Ten Network on HD. Comcast is so bad it's beyond belief. And I can't get satellite here because of the setup. Comcast, please declare bankruptcy and go away. Oh, they want 100 words, no problem. Comcast remotes don't work worth a ***, the guide system sucks, the DVR system is not near as good as DirecTV, the Internet is slower than *** and on and on and on.

that is supposed to be ***-G-O-T

you are a *** :)