Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast why you did put QVCHD and HSNHD

Another ploy by the shysters by comcast management.I pay for HBO and Starz HD both premium channels. Whilst i was flipping through the guide i noticed that that Comcast conveniently slipped QVC and HSN between the two premium stations.Why put that *** there? My guess is they get paid by the shopping channels per item sold.So instead of putting these stations somewhere a more obscure (less sales)they put them where they have the highest traffic. I really wish i had another viable option in my area i would *** can these *** in a New York minute....ARRGGG I HATE COMCAST

If you want to save money on your Comcast bill call 877-824-2288 and ask to speak to the RETENTION Department. They will give you promotions and discounts that no other department can give you.

The promos generally last for 6 months so you have to callback every 6 months. It is worth the trouble because you can get discounts of 25-50%

View more comments (1)

I need to escape Comcast's Customer Service

Experience with Comcast's customer service, has led me to issue some sage advice to the public. Escape from them and sign up with other companies to service your TV and/or computer. I realized yesterday that my mental ability to deal with them was deteriorating when I made the decision September 7th to NOT call Comcast for the entire month of September. I desperately needed a break. Yes, as a good paying customer all these years, my billing got all messed up and I have been trying to resolve it since July 2011. It all started in May 2011 when speaking to a customer service representative about a TV issue. I was shocked when HE (didn't get his name) let me know that he discovered that Comcast had been overcharging me since January 2011. He quickly figured out credits due me. I was very happy. Then at the end of June 2011 I made the fatal error of wanting to pay all my bills online. I put my Comcast payment in for July. Mid-July I called because of a TV problem and was surprised to learn that my July payment was in arrears with a late charge and returned check fee. I immediately called the billing department, waiting on hold for quite some time. I spoke to a representative who told me that if your bank doesn't accept the check payment, there is a hefty return fee along with the late fee. I asked to speak to a supervisor upon which I gave her my confirmation number for the transaction. After being on hold, she returned letting me know that I had put in the incorrect information so the check was rejected by Comcast, hence the late fee and returned check charge. It had never even gotten to my bank. She mentioned that the transaction number isn't an indication of anything but she was able to look it up. She was kind enough to *** the charges and the payment was put back through and she verified it was all okay. I called back at the end of July and was amazed to find out that I owed the same payment with additional late charges and check return fees. On hold again, and after speaking to another representative, I was transferred to another supervisor. She was so sorry that this was happening to me, blah – blah. She told me that the bank again rejected my check so I let her know that it never reached the bank. She apologized profusely, suggesting I make a payment through a credit card. She would be glad to take all the other charges off. I asked her if I had put in my information as Marilyn Monroe with a phony amount and account no would I still get a confirmation n umber. She told me yes and agreed that it didn't seem to make any sense. I guess Comcast just wants to appear to make customers feel as though they have paid. It would be interesting to find out how much of their profit comes from late fees. YA? So I charged my monthly amount of around $125 to a credit card after having paid them all off several months ago. I hesitated to call Comcast back mid-August but due to a lack of service I needed to find out the problem. I just didn't want to hear that my billing was still a mess. Well it was and I was again in arrears of over $200. So after being on hold for a while, I told the representative to just put me through to a supervisor. This supervisor, as the others, apologized up and down and was so sorry that I had been going through all this. She said she would fix it once and for all. As I was on hold I saw my life being consumed with a company called Comcast. They couldn't get their stuff together and it was at my expense. The fact that these confirmation numbers are just fakes should be illegal and I am going to contact the FCC. She finally returned letting me know that I only owed a total of $106 plus some change. I told her I didn't have the address handy and would she email it so I could get the check out before I went out of town. She agreed. Several days went by and I hadn't received the address. I didn't want to spend time going through all my messy piles of bills to get it. I needed to pack. So I, reluctantly, sat down in my well-worn chair and called Comcast customer service again. The holding time was bothersome because all I could think of was getting stuff done for my trip. I finally spoke with a representative and asked her to give me the mailing address so I could get my bill out. She told me that she didn't have one, would I mind holding. HOLD I did for twenty minutes, at which time I hung up. My mind was so wrapped up in leaving town; I just couldn't sit there anymore listening to the music while on hold. I got my phone book and looked up the nearest Comcast store, wrote the check for $107, and mailed it to them along with a note explaining what was going on and to please forward it to billing. Whew, I thought and went off on my trip. It was a very nice break from Comcast. When I returned, I found that my payment envelope to Comcast had been returned "sender unknown". I was mortified. At that moment I decided to put off calling Comcast till October 1, so I could mentally take a break from this company's horrible customer service. So I took off September with Comcast constantly on my mind. I had always paid all my bills on time but what was this company doing to me. During a terrible rain and flooding episode in my city, I had to call Comcast to check on the status of my TV and internet which had gone down. OH my, they told me I owed over $400 and was overdue. I slammed down the phone and vowed to wait till October 1. On October 1, I found myself still putting off calling them, knowing I had till midnight. I got my mail and my goodness, I had a notice from Comcast warning me that they were going to cancel my service if I didn't pay September's bill. But I would still be in arrears over $300. So I set aside a good hour to call them. I spoke to a representative asking her to give me the name, title and email address of someone in the company that could resolve my problem. She told me I had reached the National Call Center and they don't carry that type of information. I asked for the headquarters address and phone number, and again she let me know that she didn't have access to that. So I was transferred to a supervisor. After being on hold again for a while, the supervisor also told me that they don't have any information on "important" people that could help me out. She recommended that I go online and talk to customer service live. Yes, that would certainly solve my problem. She did tell me that she would put a rush for another supervisor from my area to call me back the next day. I think she forgot it was Sunday. I decided right at that moment to sit down and write this all out, publishing it everywhere I could, thereby letting the public know about the very lousy service Comcast put a customer through. It isn't worth the mental anxiety. So "Public", hear my story. Beware of the giant company Comcast. Customer's service representatives are only there to appease you. I hope you got through all this. It was very cathartic for my mental state so I thank you for listening. I am now looking into Satellite TV. This is a very tired, disappointed, and angry customer.

You mention contacting the FCC. They may or may not have juristriction over the billing practices of Comcast.

Better yet, I would suggest you contact and file a complaint with the " Public Service Comission " in your state. They would have more juristiction in a situation such as yours. Additionally companies like Comcast usually have some sort of Franchise License or agreement with your city or town so you could contact your City Hall and find the appropriate department to inform about this.

I would suggest contacting these agencies by telephone AND more importantly by written letter sent through the Post Office. I would use E Mail as a third option as e mails are easily overlooked, deleted or bypassed.

In complaints such as yours or situations that have happened to me I have always had the best result with a written ( typed or PC generated and printed ) letter sent through the mail.

Try to keep written corespondence as brief and to the point as you possibly can. Agencies such as your City Hall and your states Public Service Comission may not have time to read long and multi page letters as they would for corespondence having one page.

If your city or town also has a " Better Business Bureau " it would be a good idea to contact them as well.

OMGoodness. When I tried to turn on my cable this morning, I had nothing but the guide.

A call to Comcast revealed that my service was suspended even though I had just made a payment on Sep 28. They said the bank returned my check, only I didn't pay by check, I paid on-line. They said that was the same as a check and that the account number was invalid. I received no notice of this, no e-mail, call, snail mail, nothing -- just turned off my service.

I was told by the automated voice system that I could make a payment on-line with no charge to bring the bill current. Neat trick with no *** internet service since they suspended my service. So I pay by telephone incurring an additional $2.99 charge. I then called a different number and told customer service my complaint.

They took off the late fee and the telephone payment convenience fee, but not the $30 returned check fee. My bank also never got the debit to my account, so how could they return it. I've had ENOUGH!!!

Although I don't have many options for internet service, I am getting satellite installed this weekend. It seems like this rejected account information is a SCAM!

I call them sometimes just to cry because, every month i end up paying 150 dollars for internet alone. :cry no matter how many times they pay in full they say i never payed. There bastards.

View more comments (2)
Review
 I signed up for cable Internet & phone service through comcast. I made an appointment for the 24th of September for installation between 8-12. At 1 when noone showed up I called the representative John Bowker and said noone showed up for my appointment. He took my...

I had pretty much the same experience. I am going on my 5th try, and as od now, the tech is an hr.

Late from their 8to10am window. They act as if their time is more vakuable than yours. $20 does not cover all the time I have spent waiting. It is rediculius.

And this is to install cable and internet. I dont even have their service yet....I just recieved a callback statimg they will be there at 12pm! That is 2 hours late!

Again! Worst company ever.

View more comments

No HD for Comcast Hillsdale

So I'm watching the MLB playoffs and Comcast does not offer it on HD. This is 2011, not 2001. Further, we are in the middle of Big Ten country and we don't get Big Ten Network on HD. Comcast is so bad it's beyond belief. And I can't get satellite here because of the setup. Comcast, please declare bankruptcy and go away. Oh, they want 100 words, no problem. Comcast remotes don't work worth a ***, the guide system sucks, the DVR system is not near as good as DirecTV, the Internet is slower than *** and on and on and on.

that is supposed to be ***-G-O-T

you are a *** :)

View more comments (1)

Comcast in Weymouth, Massachusetts - Directory Assistance

Thia is quite simple. Comcast Directory Assistance only gives the requested number once before it wants to charge you more to dial it. So I call Comcast Customer Service to request that they give me the number again without a second call charge. Seems they couldn't talk to me unless I gave them all my account information. Seemed a waste to me. So they kept saying they would transfer me to a supervisor but never did. They just kept putting me on hold and transferring me back into the Que. This went on for a fun filled 45 minutes before they won and I hung up.

so why didn't you Google it a-s-s h-o-l-e what makes you so special that you deserve the number for free? everyone charges to dial numbers by the way who the F-U-C-K calls directory assistance anymore

Review

Comcast said someone with a boat is taking our wireless internet

We have had wireless internet issues for over a month now and have had 4 techs at our house now all with diferent stories.sorry we think their is a boat in the lake stealing your wireless Internet,Another Tech said Their is to much Steel in your walls,Are you kidding me we have lived in our Wood Frame house for over 25 years.Sorry you are going to have to hard wire all your wireless devices with cad 5 cable wire You meen hard wire the whole house ? , Yep thats the only thing you can do to resolve this issiue Great! Thanks Comcast What Great Service.Try another excuse.

As a former Comcast employee who left becaue of all the excuse and poor culture toward customer service, let me tell you this is typical Comcast. If the product is defective or thy can't figure out what is wrong (most of these Techs have little trainig or experience) their fall-back position is its the customer's fault.

This let's them off the hook to resolve the issue. How to resolve? Threaten to cancel service or ask to speak to a supervisor, manager, director, corporate. This is the only way to get yor problem resolved.

The customer service rep is not empowered to fix your problem, many will try but have ther hands-tied by their supervisor or "umspoken" corporate policy. If you get to a Manager or above (especially the corporate threat) you'll get action. Corporate takes these things seriously, to the point of running a weekly report on "corporate escalations" that provides the names of all company individuals involved. You don't want to be on this report, so you'll get action if you use the "corporate card".

It will probably take a few calls and some time but you'll get satisfaction. Don't take the excuses; if you do they be pleased as your problem will be "resolved" in their eyes.

Finally, demand compensation for the days you're service is out and any time you spent trying to resolve the problem. I was personally involved in getting a customer a $300 check for the inconvenience we caused.

Loss

Comcast sucks

Enough is enough. They don't stand by anything. You feel traped by the system and why am I paying for stuff I don't want? I"m paying hundreds of dollars a month for a service that is below par and they are outsourcing in Mexico? Humm??? Comcast get a clue!! After waiting two hours on hold, my first service provider was unable to resolve any problems and I was then transferred to someone somewhere 20 minutes later who then asked me would I like to reduce my phone bill? No, I wanted a credit for what I was due. It took more time then you are worth to get this issue resolved and for about $5.44. I make $75.00 hr you do the math.

Comcast Sucks!

I have had repeated problems with comcast for 9 mos. No phone for at least a week out of the month for 3 months straight, including them porting my number to a unknown person (then having problems getting it back). extremly slow internet, pixilated picture on tv, service blaming problems on splitters they had previously installed, service saying all was fine, service not showing up for scheduled appointment and not even calling. service reps saying they would get to the bottom of the problem and call me, then never calling me back. service telling me there is a problem in my area and they would fix it within days (that one was weeks ago). that same serviceman unpluged my phone (without telling me) and drove away, no paperwork, no comment, nothing! How do they stay in business? This has been elevated to the corporate level and still no results. I can't wait for FiOs to come to my area! Michael Wessner in PA.

I think Comcast is only interested in selling subscriptions as it seems that is where they put most of their effort into, forget about service when things go wrong.

I tried Comcast phone and dumped it after a couple of weeks. Went back to the " real " phone company that has been here for decades. Similar so called " problem " with porting my phone number. I was lucky my " Real " phone copany got it back for me.

My Comcast internet usually works quite well, until something goes wrong. They always tell me it is " My Equipment " but every time it is " THEIR Equipment " which can take days or weeks of missed appointments, mis-diagnosis and solving of the real problem.

When I went back to my " Real " phone company after such a bad experience with Comcast telephone service, I also subscribed to DSL with the Phone Co. for only 19.95 per month as this will come in handy next time my Comcast internet service goes out of order and I have to wait who knows how long before they will finally admit " they " have a problem and restore my service.

Yep, the traditional " copper wire " phone line from the phone company never sounded better after my experience with Comcast phone service. DSL is pretty good too at 19.95 per month. It's a good back-up for when Comcast goes down.

had all the same problems, no suprise.

View more comments (2)

Update by user Oct 23, 2011

Finally received my check on October 6th. It definitely hadn\'t \"just been sent out\" when I last called and talked to someone one month prior. Fed up with this company.

Original review posted by user Sep 22, 2011

Back in April, I cancelled my account with Comcast. I had such a hassle with them trying to cancel!...

It's 2012 and Comcast is still pulling this same scam. They say they can't refund the money that they owe you until you return the equipment. After you return the equipment Comcast still bills you for the equipment even though you have a receipt showing it was returned.

Then they keep your money to pay for the equipment that you already returned. They say that receipt was issued by mistake and lots of people still have equipment at home, despite a receipt. They just can't find anything in their records so you get screwed.

Try a local TV station for consumer help, put complaints on the web, file a complaint with the FTC, State Attorney General, your federal representatives, and then go to small claims court. Warn everyone you know that this Comcast scam has been going on for years and Comcast has NO concern for customers.

Loss

Comcast

I was sold a bundle package by Troy in Retention at the comcast service center in Fishers, Indiana. Not only did I not receive it (the upgrade) when it was connected, I was charged a different price (a lot higher). To make matters worse, there is no accountability. The buck does not stop anywhere. I have tryed to get Troy in retention to return my call, to no avail. It is sad we now have to buy tv, and they have no customer service, even though every call says there is a comcast customer guarantee. I have asked a supervisor to review the call, as it states all calls are recorded. Ha!!! Guess what. Not. That is the story when you need it to be reviewed. So, there goes the safety net to prove what was discussed. Also, no emails can be sent to you email to confirm what was just agreed upon. This has all have proven to be very dicey. I would think this is about as crooked as any business can be run. IN the meantime, no TV. Hmmm, wonder how many others are dealing with this same situation!

You can lower our rates for Comcast services by threatening to cancel; they don't like that. They'll "work with you" on pricing and servies if you want to drop them.

Try it, you be directed to the "Retention" dept where you'll speak with a rep who is able to lower your cost. If you don't like what you hear, call back and try again. As a former employee who managed in a Retention area, you will find a an agent who needs to "save" a customer to make their quota that you'll get a better deal. If need be, demand to speak to a Manager; they do everything thay can can to keep your business (I know, I was one of them).

Also, threaten to go to corporate, they hate that! A report is run monthly listing EVERYONE who spoke to the customer before they went to corporate. As a management person, you don't want your VP of Customer Service to see your name on this report often so you do what ever you can to satisfy the customer. Believe me it works like a miracle.

Pressure is all they understand. Customer service is only given lip service. All they care about is that yo make your monthly payment for as many high-priced services they can get you into. Delivering the services is another matter and when they jack-up prices or don't seliver the service you need to threaten to cancel and/or speak to supervisors, If that doesn't get you satisfaction, ask to speak to their Manager; that usually changes their thinking, Finally, go corporate on them and watch them change their tune about "what they can do for you".

If you "roll over" for them, they'll continue to take advantage of you.

Believe me, as someone who was on the other end trying to satisfy upset customers (with hands-tied in many instances by "ploicy") these tactics work big time! Try it and get what you want and deserve.