Show reviews that mention
service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem people account
Filter review

Comcast is rude

ok so comcast comes in changes name and prices.... well i find out the other day im late on my bill i call the 800 number to find out why they called me. they say im late on my bill. just fyi i have had no past problem with paying neways. they tell me im $49 behind im like ok i just mailed a $60 check so are we ok? they said no ur account is in status for being shut off. they tell me i will have to call the local office. i do and they say there is nothing we can do.... i want insight back!

I called looking for service for the company I work at trying to get new service for a new location our company is moving to. I called asking for a proposal and asked them to email it to me so that I could show my boss.

The next day Comcast guy called saying I needed to sign email paper work and start service and if I did not like service then he said I could cancel it with in 30 days .I told him I needed to have my boss the owner of our company look it over first. The Comcast guy was very rude trying to pressure me in to service .He then said he would cancel the request if I did not sign the paper work .I told him to cancel it ,and that I c could not sign anything with out my boss looking at it .He then sent me a rude email ...

He made this experience of wanting to switch a defiantly no...Because I would never want to do biasness with a company that is so rude...

Comcast sent me an advertisement for business class at $99. Just talked with Kathy in Venice, customer service rep and she was a foul *** Don't waste your time.

My problem was with Insight. Over 10yrs ago when they started offering movies over coax and digital TV i had the premium package.

Every other day it was down and i had to reset the receiver 4 or 5 times a day. They eventually replaced the receiver but i did not get all the channels i was paying for. To make this short i bought a home that already had a satellite and decided to dump insight before i moved. I called insight and requested that my service be canceled before the next billing cycle.

They said no problem. When the time came for they to turn off the service and pick up the equipment they were a no show. After i moved into my new home i get a bill for $270 for 1 month of service and they equipment. I called them and told them they didn't turn off the service on time and didn't show up to get the equipment.

I also said they can come pick up the equipment at my new address and they stated that would cost me another $75. To shorten the story i took them the equipment and told them i was not paying the remaining $75 because they were late turning the service off and i wasn't paying for a month at a place i no longer lived. They told me they would wave the $75 and i thought everything was fine.

Next thing i know i am getting calls from a collections dept and the $75 ends up on my credit report. The mark is off my report now but i never will pay them nor will i use their *** service.

If you have never been late Comcast can give you a one time extension. I am not understanding why you are allowing your account to be in the arrears in the first place.

Just like any company you need to pay your bills on time. You probably called in with e funky attitude and comcasters are not taking it anymore. Treat comcasters with respect and you will get more assistance.

Treat comcasters rudely and you will get no where. Try it!!

View more comments (3)
Chicago, Illinois
Product
Comcast Account

Comcast

The best with Comcast is that when I had them, they could have cared less about me. I had their cable (Hi-Def) and their high speed internet. The service would literally go out 3 to 4 days per month and I begged for them to check and change my line. All they did was tell me that it was something else and finally I couldnt take it anymore. Now, they market the heck out of me. The addage, which is true, is that it is 10 times cheaper to keep an existing customer than find a new one. Why wouldnt they just make me happy when they had me? rsb306@lehigh.edu
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Loss

Comcast customer service is world class terrible.

We have had Comcast for 4 years and consistently the internet service is terrible, going out during the day. I work from home. Its critical I have an internet connection. When I call they treat me like I am an ***. Its always my equipment and never their problem. We have not had service for a week and after dozems of call to the Office of the President in Philidelphia from our entire neighborhood, yesterday there were finally trucks out looking for issues. The OOP told us it takes 3 calls from one neighborhood to get action. Otherwise they listen and hang up. Two times this week we called and then hung up and called back and got a totally different story. One time the agent hung up on us.
ID
#120863 Review #120863 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Comcast - Incompetent

Well, Comcast is at it again. This time i only wanted to transfer service. "Sure, we will see you Friday from 6-9 PM. No call, no service technician that night. SO...try again..."Sure we will see you from 6-9"...around 8:30 PM I call to see that they will make it out...nope, looks like it will be after 10:00 PM.... SO, i cancelled. Sure they may have made it out, but probably not. Joke is on them though. *** forgot to take out the in wall cable access, so now my Mother in law has free basic cable on them. Classic - big dumb *** company. Good thing their lobbyists are busy buying the votes of Congress so these jerks can continue to act as a Monopoly.
ID
#120808 Review #120808 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Washington, District Of Columbia

Online bill payment - scam

The online bill payment does not correctly charge what is owed for the month. When you pay this amount, comcast will charge you a late fee for not submitting the correct payment. According to the worthless customer service rep, we should be tracking our own movie rentals and adding those fees to the bill if we want it to be correct. This is a BILLION dollar company that can't update their online bill service to be reflective of what you actually owe?! How is it that I can receive a paper bill which lists one cost ($261), an online bill that lists another cost ($247), and phone service which lists another cost ($290) all for the same exact service? This is stealing from the customer!

Comcast shuts your service down, then block your online account so that you can't make a payment free of charge..Your only options to make a payment require a fee..Don't think this is legal. Suddenly when I have made a payment my username & password are now valid & I can access my account. Talk about double dipping.

If you think it's bad being a Comcrap customer it's way worse being an employee. Former employees won a class action lawsuit for making us work off the clock without pay.

Call Retention Department to get discounts. :cry :(

I paid my bill online on the 17th and entered a wrong number from my bank card, they shut my cable down on the 29th, and i called them to hear my balance was $234.00.i spoke to a rep to turn it back on and paid the amount but now i owe $5.00 for speaking to a "REAL" person to turn it on, an activation fee of $10.00 and $30.00 for a late fee. they're excuse was i had insufficient funds, i spoke to a new rep and they said to bring in a bank statement stating proving i had sufficient funds, i did, they told me at the office they can only waive this 1 time, the next bill statement i receive shows no waived fee, i called them and they said they cant do anything about it, CRAPCAST!

I recently called comcast customer service billing and authorized 97 dollars to be debited from my bank account. They debited 970 dollars which they are now telling me it will take 7 to 10 days to refund me!

Unreal, tried to switch my service tonight but I am moving in 3 months and would have to pay an additional 220 just to install a phone jack and get the new service provider. Now I can't wait to move and to get ride of Comcast.

Ughhh!! What a rip off!

It's easy to say get another service but because of franchise agreements some people are stuck with comcast especially if you live in an apartment complex where dish is not an opiton. Now go ahead and tell me to move.

God, ordering services thru their website is a joke! I know what I want, why after a place my order, I have to chat with some so-called know it all *** thru instant messaging.

If I wanted to talk with a service rep., I would drive to the nearest Comcast Center.

Just get my order process, *** it! Comcast believe me, "You don't hire nor train the brightest lightbulbs!"

You get what you pay for! Don't like the service change your provider.

View more comments (6)
ID
#120758 Review #120758 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Hickory, North Carolina

Comcast is unreasonable and deceptive

I purchased an on-demand movie, then had to pause it. When I came back less than 10 min later, it was gone!! It was NOT in "saved programs," not anywhere! I purchased it again to watch the rest. Later, when I called them about this, they said that I bought it twice and should pay for it twice!! but that they would remove the second charge "just this once." What is so special about on-demand if they charge more than the video rental stores AND won't even let you have the convenience that you get with a rented DVD??? This company is a rip-off, and if I could get internet better than dial-up from ANY other company, I would fire Comcast instantly!! They have a monopoly and they act like it - see why competition is good for America? :)
ID
#120646 Review #120646 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Manchester, Maryland

Sold my new phone # to telemarketers

****For all Comcast Customers***** Please very careful when getting your telephone service through Comcast. I was charged $50 deposit, $29.99 activation fee and now $1.50 to have this phone number unlisted. I have had this telephone service for less than 14 days and I has received more than 20 telemarketing phone calls. Just to find out that, Comcast sells the phone numbers to telemarketers and expect the customer to pay $1.50 monthly to stop the annoying calls. I am really annoyed with Comcast, one of our major cable carriers, expecting the customer to literally pay for some deal they have to get more money by selling the phone numbers and even more money to have them stopped. Someone pockets are getting really fat behind this.

Same thing here - I get tons of solicitations on my Comcast number. Even after I block calls, I get more.

It's like Comcast is always selling our numbers to anyone that will buy them.

I would have never thought of this if Comcast hadn't been so deceptive in their billing practices. What a nasty company.

Twice, I have had comcast install a phone line installed and on the same day of installation, charities and telemarketers were calling me by name requesting donations, etc. Comcast denies it but how can companies call my new number and have my name before I even had time to know my own new number and give it to anyone.

#205233

Same thing happen to me first off don't go to comcast to try and help you to stop the annoying calls just register on the National Do Not CALL list.

all this is is g r e e d ! Comcast wants it all and while I am okay with my comcast service, it WAS a 3-week nightmare until after bad routers, bad connections, too much sugar, not enough salt whatever my connection FINALLY worked !

and Praise God, I rarely call them, but recently had occasion to and in response to the rep peddling the phone service, cut him off saying "no upselling, I CAN get verizon fios cable" ..

this one shut up fast while I have had already a sour romance with "magic jack" I stick to my $19.95 walmart cellphone and make only calls I absolutely cannot avoid, but use email or chat instead. Tell comcast to have a nice day with their bleeping phone service !

please give me a call..im sooo *** 8328880482

I called comcast after reading this and informed them that I thought it was wrong for them to be selling numbers and that If they didn't credit me for a whole month(the time it takes for the national do not call registry to take effect) of phone service I would disconnect it. The customer service rep assured me that they don't sell phone numbers but they would gladly give me the credit anyway.

So call them up and break it off in their butt. It worked for me.

#19943

I mean it. I want to get more telemarketing calls or just anyone who wants to chat (919) 827-6494

#19942

Please give my number out to anyone (919) 827-6494

I've changed my number twice already after getting hammered with telemarketers even though I *HAD* paid Comcast to make my numbers unpublished. I was FURIOUS to find out my phone, name and address were all in the white pages (something that NEVER happened until I switched to Comcast phone service).

And my husband had changed his name to his nickname when we switched to Comcast (something he hadn't done with Verizon) and all of the telemarketers were calling him by his NICKname so we KNEW it was freaking COMCAST that kept selling our 'supposedly' private numbers. I'm so p.o.'d I want to scream.

And now that all of that info is out there on the net, changing our numbers once AGAIN is not going to erase our address and names (something I was always diligent about keeping private with other phone companies). I warn everyone to check your info regularily online to make sure your phone service provider is not selling out your info to the WWW for every scammer and telemarketer to gander at.

View more comments (8)
ID
#120623 Review #120623 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Washington, District Of Columbia

Service is the worst ever, no show and no return call

Waited 12 days to get cable TV repair to come out, scheduled from 8-11 AM, and no one came. When I called at 11:30, I was told someone came at 9 but left because I was not home. A total lie since I was sitting in the living room waiting for the doorbell or phone to ring, and nor was there a note left at the door. They had the correct address, but not the correct house description. I was then told a dispatch supervisor would call me in 30 minutes, that was 27 hours ago!! Comcast's horrible.
ID
#120565 Review #120565 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Houston, Texas
Comcast Tv Service

Comcast is the worst service company I have EVER dealt with

I cannot imagine having worse feelings about a company than those triggered in every interaction I have with Comcast. Other than the initial sales call six months ago when I was handing over hundreds of dollars for their cable-phone-Internet package, every single moment I spend interacting with this organization is beyond frustrating and results in money lost for zero services rendered. And when I say zero, I mean it. Three weeks and several service calls later and I NEVER had working tv, phone or Internet. I cancelled Comcast with NEVER having any service but it still cost me all the initial start up and installation costs. This all took place 6 months ago and now I am receiving additional bills from Comcast. The audacity of this company is beyond belief. So much so that it has instigated my first complaint...a very heartfelt, pissed off complaint!

:( Comcast is nothing but a joke. I pay over a hundred dollars amonth to watch the same movies over & over.

They say it's not them it's the network. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

ID
#120450 Review #120450 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Chicago, Illinois
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast is overcharging me!

I cancelled my cable TV with Comcast on 4/24/08. They are still charging me for it, and when I contacted them to find out why, they said this is standard procedure. I'll be paying until June for cable TV that was turned off almost 2 weeks ago! That's if they aren't lying, again... Why did I cancel it? I was told by customer service when I wanted to cancel the first time that they would extend the package pricing of tv and internet, then was later told after I got my bill at full price for each service that the representative had lied to me. They didn't even attempt to deny it! Don't get an account with them unless you like throwing your money away and being constantly lied to!
ID
#120199 Review #120199 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Salt Lake City, Utah

Comcast is terrible

I signed up for Comcast cable and high speed internet. The installer came over, started the process and then got a phone call and said that his buddy's car had just broken down at the local shopping center and he would go give the guy a jump start and be right back. Well you can guess what happened - he never came back. I called Comcast after a few hours to see what had happened - they said they would look into it and call me back - they never did. The next day I called twice and again they said that they'd look into it and call me back - no call back. Within the next few days I called and called and never got an answer. I even wrote (in old snail mail) to the local office and the corporate headquarters to complain and never heard anything. So I took the equipment back to the local office and dropped the service. I don't know how they can just ignore complaints and I can't see how they can turn off customers who would be spending over $100/month without even a concern - they spend so much money advertising for new customers you'd think they'd care for the ones they had.
ID
#119946 Review #119946 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Baltimore, Maryland
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast insisting change now to digital.

From time to time our cable goes out or only shows Channel 8. Despite the fact that analog is to be discontinued Feb 2009, customer reps insist we need to change to digital now or lose channels. Once the rep actually hung up when we tried to argue. On May 4 I insisted on speaking to a supervisor. Dorothy, supervisor, responded that the reason we have to change is that if something is wrong with our box, they have no more analog boxes to replace it. However, eventually the channels came back on so and the picture is good, so I have difficulty believing it is the box. On May 5 the channels became scrambled. Some channels appear on two different numbers, e.g. Bravo on 80 and 67. Others have disappeared, e.g. ESPN, CSN, MSNBC. Others are on the wrong numbers, e.g. HSN on 76. The pictures are clear and it is hard to believe that our box has suddenly done this. I know we have to replace boxes this year. But we are still paying for Expanded Basic and shouldn't we be able to receive it? Is there any governing authority where I can file an official grievance? Grace Wohlsen, Philadelphia

sorry bra the conversion to digital is all the networks converting to digital based on government laws. When everything turns digital it will free up frequencies in the air for government use not to mention the *** load of money that is gonna be bought by wireless companies just for air.

ID
#119940 Review #119940 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Comcast sucks

hi i have cable tv freeze ups and i also get "a poor quaility signal"message when it goes out too.i also get a blank black screen and the audio por- tion "skips"for lack of a better description.they cant of wont fix it.comcast sucks.is THIS why im paying for?i have no choise either...not really.they have the monopoly in this area.can anyone offer me any suggestions?thank 4 reading this.has anone he -her ever used satillite tv?i hear it stinks 2.ill stick to cable tv.thanks 4 reading this
ID
#119853 Review #119853 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Jersey City, New Jersey

Incomplete installation, calling over 3 months

When comcast came to install our service, the technician arrived 4 hours late and then informed me that he would have to come back the following day. He installed the service but never covered the outside box that is attached to the side of the house. I called soon after the installation to have them cover the box and have called over 10 times since over a 3 month period. I get the same response from "Customer Service": that they will forward the issue to maintenance but they can't directly influence them to complete the project. Aren't the technicians also Comcast employees? Why do they feel they can be totally unresponsive to customer concerns. Last time I called I got the corporate number (not toll free) and will try that route. But at this point, Comcast has been the worst internet provider that I have ever had.
ID
#119831 Review #119831 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Baltimore, Maryland
Comcast Installation

Lied to me Houston Tx.

I changed to comcast when they bought Time Warner. I was told my phone internet, tv cable would be $99.00 per month. I did not have to sign a contract. My first bill was $ 99.00 The next month was 148.00 next month 154.00 I called . The Rep. said he would send a corrected bill he never did. I called again The Rep. said he would take care of it. any way after 4 months . I went back with AT&T. Comcast would rather climb a tree to tell a lie ,than stand on the ground an tell the truth.
#62067

I work for comcast, and to tell you the truth!!!! WE HATE BLACK PEOPLE AND WILL NOT EVER KEEP THEM AS CUSTOMERS!!!!!!

#62065

On their add it clearly says "99.99 for the first month"... maybe you should read the fine print... of course, it shouldn't have gone up on the third bill, but the second bill was probably correct...

View more comments (1)
ID
#119715 Review #119715 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Houston, Texas