Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast the devil in red and white dress

There should be someway that you can take Comcast to court and sue them for bad customer service and bad service period. How is that they can make you pay your bill on time and can't fix your service on time. Shouldn't I beable to deduct a monthly service fee of the total bill each time my service doesn't work and the tech doesn't fix the problem. Average bill is $120.00 dollars, I bet somebody would be on time and the problem resolved if they had to pay out $120.00 each time they screwed up.

Update by user Oct 23, 2011

Comcast\'s proxy statement, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, put CEO Brian Roberts\' 2010 total compensation package at $31.10 million. Steve Burke, who became chief executive of Comcast-controlled media giant NBCUniversal in January, was awarded a...

Review

Comcast has cut HD channels!!!!

Comcast has done it again! I recently noticed that our HD Premium channels had been reduced, namely Starz and HBO. I called Comcast and the rep tried resetting the box to get our channels back. While on the phone his supervisor tells him that their broadcasters have pulled these channels from the HD lineup. The representative didn't even know this! We were told that other cable and satellite companies were doing the same thing (not true).Apparently the information came from corporate the day prior (October 18, 2011) and has not and will not be made public that HD channels were deleted from customers HD channel lineup. Elliotts supervisor (Rafael in Mexico) confirmed the same information and also stated that no refund would be forthcoming. It is perplexing that the representatives did not know what was going on with the HD programming. Comcast continues to rob their customers and make them pay more for less. Even though those same channels are on standard cable, the point is that we cannot watch these premium channels in HD which has the best resolution for our TV. I do not know how they can continue to get away with what they do!
Loss

Comcast in Mount Laurel, New Jersey - Channel thief--taking away my favorite channel.

Thanks comcast for stealing my favorite channel. I have been using the comcast triple play for 2 years. Part of the reason I am using the current package is because I received certain channels that I wanted. The Sportsmens Channel. #554 Was my favorite channel and now it has been moved to "preferred " channel status which will require me to pay for it when I have been watching it for free. That stinks. Thanks for nothing comcast. I guess it is time to start looking at Direct T.V. Additionally your other service sucks too. Beginning with the installation when the service guy only wanted to get the *** out of there and get to his next job. Paid by the job of course. He never did change out the old co-ax and left hole is the drywall I had to patch. The quality of broadcast often is poor, too. But I am sure Comcast is such a huge monopoly now that it doesn't even care.

Comcast lied!!

Comcast telemarker contacted me to bunlde my services. Lied about the cost on several different levels. Told me I could keep existing email addresses with previous provider, similar to how you keep your phone #. Ran a credit check without my knowledge and tacked on a $150 deposit without informing me. Three attempts to contact a superviser, no returned call. On hold know for over 30 minutes waiting to speak with a supervisor. Help! Need some help, does anyone know of a way to escalate this? Have others experienced this same issue or issues. Still on hold. Now 40 minutes. Need help soon. Pissed

YES! I went through **** with Comcast!!!

They are horrible! Good luck getting a suppervisior I held forever they came back and said one would be calling me with in 20 minutes.

After numerous phone calls and emails, I spoke with one that finally got things where I can live with them. As soon as Uverse is available in my area I am done with comcast.

Review

Comcast has wronged too many. I have started a Petition for US.

I have started a petition for all of us who have been frustrated and wronged by ***-cast/Xfinity, (you can put lipstick on a pig...) and I plan on very SERIOUSLY following up on this. I promise to put my effort in to the following states, NJ & FL, and I need volunteers to use our signatures to do the same in their respective states. PLEASE CHECK IT OUT AND JOIN! If you can't commit to mailing out the signed petitions to your gov't, simply click and sign and make your voice heard! http://www.change.org/petitions/cable-phone-customer-voice-one-voice-many-people
Tressa40

Unreal - I have had to deal with a *** a lot more than that. You don't even know half the story here.

This is only ONE thing. As for this one? I paid my bill. My problem with them is not them shutting my service off for non payment but for not NOTIFYING the CUSTOMER that there is still a remaining balance on the acct and shutting it off.

We are behind by less than $100 bucks. If I had known that an extra 41 would have kept it on? I would have paid it! Why don't you ASK for the entire story before trying to trash someone.

I had also spoken to corporate about this issue and they said they would look into seeing about notifying the customer that there is acertain balance that must be paid to avoid shut off. Again, you don't have the whole story so BACK OFF.

I am all for a legit complaint and i am even for petitions when someone has been wronged but c'mon..........i didnt pay my bill and i got cut off. I am going to start a petition too.

I didnt put gas in my car and it stopped running. I am petitioning the big three because of it.

Would love to sign petition, or at least be able to read it, but I am working off of my phone because my service was shut off today. I made a payment of $140 on Friday but apparently needed to pay an additional $40 to keep service on.

They can't make money off of customers via reconnect fees, late fees, over the phone payment fees, etc.. if they tell you that! And for anyone who wants to pipe in and say something about just pay your *** bill then?

Walk a mile in the shoes we have been wearing for four years. We are doing our very best.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Comcasts Lacks Customer Service for Existing Customers

Here is my experince with Comcasts customer service department. I came home one day and found my Cable and internet off. This was confusing to me since I paid my bill. When I tried to call comcast all I got was a recording telling me my account was past due and I had tp pay tp restore service. The only options I recieved was pay over the phone and press 2 for list of payment centers. I was never given the option to speak to a representiative. I called every number on my bill and the system reconized my phone number so no matter what I was redirected to this *** recording. Now I am getting very angry because the money has been taken out of my bank account they have it but I have been shut off and I cannot speak to a Live person to get it resolved. Finally I called the main number and selected the option to sign up for new service and finally a live person awnsered the phone who toke the brunt of my horu long aggravation of trying to reach a live person. She did handle it professionally and did see my payment was pending and restored my service right away. Luckily I knew to ask if there would be a restart fee added to my account and of course there was until I asked about it. Long story short I have been a customer for 6 years and I can't get in contact with the company unless I pretend to be a new customer which shows what they are really concerned about. If we are suppossed to be a service based economy and this is the level of service we recieve it is no wonder why are economy fell apart. P.S. with all of the layoffs and people out of work these are the people who are supossed to be the best available.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

Ginsburg v. Comcast Corporation et al, case number 2:11-cv-01959 western washington district court and king county (WA) superior court case #11-2-34714-1

If you search king county (WA) superior court records Comcast is being sued for not paying unemployment taxes they owe to employment security department

Plain and simple, Customers need to form a class action against Comcast(now Xfinity)for,

1- Price gouging.

2- Unfair business practices.

3- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

4- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

5- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

6- Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

7- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

8- False advertising.

There you have it folks, 8 good and valid reasons for a class action against Comcast.

The problem is for some reason people are afraid of forming a class action against this company...

I have called Comcast for service 3-times in the last 2 weeks. Once they came out because my cable tv was missing subscription channels, they "fixed" that on one television, channels were lost on 2 others.

They sent another rep out to "fix" the other two, and 2 days later, the same channels were lost again. We made another tech appointment, and then our comcast phone line went out.

We have ANOTHER appointment on Friday. GOOD GOD, WTH kind of sub-standard equipment and unqualified "professionals" work for COMCAST???

Ed1965

Customer service for existing customers is really bad with Comcast. Where I lived, there is no other way to get internet apart from Comcast so I am stuck with them but I would go to another company in a heartbeat if I could.

Now they have the Visa card deal for new customers while people like myself that have been a loyal paying customer gets nothing after 6 years of paying their crazy charges. By the way, my internet fee has tripled in the last 6 years while other companies have reduced their fees, Comcast is a rip-off.

Yes, WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! Avoid if at all possible.

View more comments (4)

Comcast: Never on time

Second time in a week, Comcast people didn't show during the 3 hour appointment interval. In the first one, I picked 8-11 AM option. They came on 11:10 and they said the signal is weak, they need other people to fix it. I called them again and made a second reservation again I picked 8-11 AM option. They didn't come as usual. They didn't even call me. When I called their office. they told me that they will be here in an hour. So, get used to it if you are planning to get Comcast.

Comcast is Pathetic!

THESE GUYS ARE PATHETIC! RUN, DON'T WALK, TO YOUR NEAREST OTHER ALTERNATIVE! I have been a Comcast customer for seven years now; not because I really want to be but because there are no other providers in my area, (Lake Stevens, WA). I can honestly report that not once, EVER, have they ever done any service request correctly. I don't just mean technicians but also calls to their service center for billing, etc... The most recent moronic display was during a call to negotiate a new service contact because, of course, our contract was "up" and we were billed double the usual rate. We negotiated a rate for one year of basic services, ($175 per month... pathetic!) and the bill that came was accurate. However, the next month the bill climbed by more than $50! When we called, the *** CS Rep told us it was because we were being charged for a new remote; even though he said the remote cost was $10 and the $50 was labeled under the "recurring service cost" component of the bill. These guys should not be operating!!!!!! Everyone I talk to regarding this company has nothing but horror stories. Literally... try this... ask five people you now about their experience with Comcast. I guarantee you it will be negative. They think that a change of their name to "Infinity" will suffice, but we all know who they are... Then, of course, there is the meager display of an outsourced company called Pioneer Cable attempting to masquerade as Comcast when you call for service. Are you kidding me? My wife refused to even let these mongrels in our home! They came twice, stunk up our carpets, made our reception problems worse, and scared our children. We now refuse to let them in our home and ensure our video security system tracks their every move. We told Comcast NOT to send Pioneer for our last service call to install a signal booster, (what a fraud) and what did they do? They not only sent one but sent THREE PIONEER BROKEN DOWN VEHICLES to our home to "assist" with a simple installation. Those *** stood outside our home chatting for more than TWO HOURS after the job was done. I'm sure they billed Comcast and I'm sure they passed it on to us. Again, PATHETIC! There is a reason the little ol' lady destroyed the computer in the Comcast service center with a hammer. We should take example from our elders. If you want a real example of a reason to protest corporate America, you should be camping out in Comcast lobbies all over the country! THESE GUYS ARE ***

Comcast Sucks!

I canceled my comcast triple bundle at end of June 2011. I still have not received my refund check since July 2011. They keep saying they are mailing me a new check but it never comes. Then I sit on hold for 45min to talk to a manager who is just as clueless as the service rep. They are crooks. If I don't pay them they can cancel my service and report to my credit. What can I do if I don't get my money? They should have to pay me interest!! Next time I will get my money back in person.