Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast review in Concord, North Carolina: Still charging for cancelled service, TERRIBLE SERVICE

Let me start by saying that Comcast does offer a decent service from a technical standpoint when it works, but their customer service, operations, and billing departments are ridiculous and unorganized. I gave them another shot when I moved to Fort Lauderdale a few months ago because their service was the only one offered in my complex. First of all I transfered my service from my old house to my new apartment and rather than just transfer my account, they instead removed all my equipment from their system and callcelled my account. What this meant was that I could not get my HD channels and regular service up and running for over a week after my transfer was scheduled. During this time I believe I had to spend upwards of 3 hours reading the numbers on my boxes to them and explaining the scenario to their representatives every time I called, because EVERY time you call you get some new person who seems to be missing a few chromosomes. In addition to THEIR MISTAKE, they billed me an additional month ahead on my service because of THEIR MISTAKE on the transfer. My internet quality was inconsistent and I constantly had problems with dropout and with On Demand service, even though I was paying more than $160 a month! Finally I gave up and returned my equipment to one of their offices no more than a month after getting the service. Of course the woman who took my payment and scanned my equipment back into their system never closed my account as promised. Two months later I am still getting billed for a service I don't have and I have to spend 30 minutes on the phone explaining why I am not paying $400 for service I don't even have, and waiting on a representative to straighten this whole ordeal out. All this after I already went to their office and spent an hour in line to physically return my equipment and close my account. Let me reiterate, in addition to the hour in line I spent at this office over two month ago, I know just HAD TO SPEND ANOTHER 30 MINUTES OF MY LIFE DEALING WITH A COMPANY WHO I LEFT OVER TWO MONTHS AGO. Comcast is the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with and this is not the first time I have had to deal with their organizational nightmare. Maybe instead of advertising the *** out of their product, they should invest in customer service and operational standards. Thank you for turning me into another enraged consumer! Oh and on top of this they STILL HAVEN'T CLOSE MY ACCOUNT A WEEK AFTER I WROTE THIS REVIEW!
Comcast Service Transfer

Between Comcast and Nothing? I'd Rather Live in the Woods.

I just really wanted to share my last experience with all the users out there to let you know what you will get if you go with Comcast. Let's put it this way: If it was between Comcast and nothing at all, I'd rather live by myself in a log cabin in the woods. When Comcast learned that I was canceling my service, they decided that they didn't like that all that much, so they chalked up over $300 of wrongful charges onto my account. I had had a one year contract with them that was shotty at best throughout the year, and the last month of my service, I didn't have service at all! So, I called and canceled. I sent back my equipment and was all set until one day they started calling. First, they told me that I owed them for three more months of service and for not returning my equipment. After months of fighting with them, they finally negated the equipment charge, because surprise! they found it! Then they tried to charge me for three months which I had already paid for, and had a receipt for! Finally, after about 6 months of no contact, I get a letter in my mailbox. This letter is informing me that I have apparently owed them $100 for so long that they have sent it to collections and are affecting my credit score. I called them, and the woman told me that I'm screwed, because it TOOK ME SO LONG TO DEAL WITH IT THAT IT'S OUT OF THEIR HANDS, even though the last time I had spoken to them they said I didn't owe anything. I will never use Comcast again, none of my friends will ever use Comcast again, and I suggest none of you do either, unless you want them attempting to trash your credit score just because you canceled their service. Review by Evin Grost Wyoming, MI 49519

This is almost exactly what happened to me with DISH only way worse!! Will NEVER use them again!! Thank goodness I kept receipts too!

If you think it's bad being a comcrap customer it's way worse being an employee. In the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent email telling us to work off the clock without pay.

We were fired not her when we told HR. Call the retention department and ask for discounts.

View more comments (1)
Comcast Internet Service
Loss
After using the same e-mail address for over 10 years Comcast in all of their life enhancing customer service skills just decided to turn it off. From what I understand, you can't have a Comcast e-mail address if your not spending money with Comcast. OK I wish someone...

PHONE ME

View more comments
Review

Comcast - worst customer service experience ever

A neighbors tree knocked down my cable line at Nov. 17 and I promptly reported at 1:06 am which took around 30 minutes including hold time and transfers. Service tech arrived Nov. 18 at 6pm and reconnected to line, but did not check any other connections, attempt to see if it was working -- just left. Call #1 to Comcast Nov 18 at 6:33 pm and took 30 minutes including hold time for rep to refresh and then if that didn't work I was to unplug device and re-try. Did not work. Call #2 at 7:09 pm took 28 minutes. Did not work. Call #3 at 8:16pm took 28 minutes. Did not work. Call #4 at 9:01 pm took 21 minutes, rep scheduled service call for Nov 19 8 to 10am. No show. Call #5 at 10am took 41 minutes. I asked to speak to a supervisor which never happened. Rep said there was no record of a service call nor any of the other calls. Her ticket said service was completed. Scheduled an appt for Monday am, but I don't feel I should have to miss work for it and she requested an "expedited" call. A service person will call me within 2 to 3 hours. I have no reason to think this will happen...so far its been 1 hour. I don't know what they mean by their customer service guarantee, but I can guarantee you're not going to like it.

Plain and simple, Customers need to form a class action against Comcast(now Xfinity)for,

A- Price gouging.

B- Unfair business practices.

C- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

D- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

E- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

*** Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

G- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

H- False advertising.

There you have it folks, 8 good and valid reasons for a class action against Comcast.

The problem is for some reason people are afraid of forming a class action against this company...

I agree. I was *** enough to believe the sales rep that I could hook up my own tv upgrade.

After calling about 16 service techs all from India I finally sent the two boxes back that would not work at all. The one i did get hooked up was not working properly. After calling about 10 times the rep finally said the problem was with the cable in the house. They finally sent out a service tech.

He told us the cable was all screwed up and fixed it. However, the tv still was not working properly. we had no on demand or showtime. He said that someone was going to come out to fix on the outside.

after another week the set is working properly about 50% of the time. The real clincher is that they are charging me for three hd boxes that never got hooked up. I have called at least 10 times to get this corrected and nothing happens. every time i pull up my bill there is a different charge.

they act as though they never received the equipment back. If I had only known that I was dealing with the worst company in the country I would have been more carefull.

Right now I just want to take the equipment and bring it into a comcast office and throw it at someone's head..... : :(

@d. mehrtens

Get in line, friend...many of us have been treated in this shabby way by this corporate glutton of a company. They abuse and abuse their customers and do not allow any competition that would force them to act better. To *** with them.

They know we have no comparable alterntinativetiwhere are the antitrust regulations?

I bet they never called. Same thing happened to me.

If you think it's bad being a Comcrap customer it's way worse being an employee. Former employees won a class action lawsuit for making us work off the clock without pay by a fat sup named Kim Edwards in the Lynnwood, WA call center. Call Retention Department to get discounts.

We have begged, pleaded, tried being nice, being nasty, everything we can think of to just get our cable and internet fixed. For a year and 1/2 every time it rains, we have no cable and no internet.

I just can't believe that there is no home office and no person that cares how their customers are treated. But apparently nobody cares.

View more comments (7)

Comcast sucks!

I have never in my life seen a company as horrible as this. Buyer please beware. We have had problems since day one when service was not installed right. It took us 75 days to get a tech out. After that, we were supposed to be issued a credit since they were making us pay for service that was not working as it should. The credit was never applied. They have turned off different services we have thru them at various times for no reason. We call in, spend a few hours on the phone to finally get them to turn it back on. We have to do this several times throughout the month. In the past week I have spent over 16 hours on the phone with them. Their customer service is horrible, they are rude and not helpful at all. Please be very careful getting service from them. I am getting away from them as quicking as I possibly can. They are horrible.
Review

Comcast review in Atlanta, Georgia: Doesn't tell the entire truth about services.

I'd been with them since February. While I was between jobs I was constantly getting cut off on the 24th when I get a check on the 30th I got NO RECEPTION not even for basic channels. then without my knowledge the disconnected one of my Cable lines...the one they installed. My boxes were constantly going out. THEN, a "nice lady" called and like the sap I am I went ahead and ordered a phone at her sales urging. thinking that only 30 or so dollars would be added. The additional fees for that phone installation doubled my bill and when my check was returned (poor me)...they came and snatched my equipment ...fine...but I can't get how they think I'm supposed to pay this fantastic amount...when I've only used half of that plus a check return charge. I am VERY UNHAPPY. Comcast has the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Comcast Installation

Same song different verse by Comcast.

I signed up via comcast.com for 2years and was suppose to receive internet/tv at $49.50 a month for the first year. Free HBO for 6 months, afterwards it would cost an additional $23.50 for HBO. Never got the HBO and 6 months later my bill doubled. Comcast said "sorry for the confusion, however we are unable to find where you signed up for this particular offer". Now I'm paying over $100.00 a month for basic cable and internet. SO I contact Comcast and send them a copy of the transcript from back in May. They refuse to honor the transcript, citing that "sometimes customer service reps are not properly trained and Comcast cannot be held accountable". Seriously Comcast? That's your excuse.......you aren't training your CSR's?

Hands down the worst company in the history of the world. I tell them that every time I have to talk to them, which is about every other week.

You should too.

I won't stop until the company folds and they all lose their jobs. You shouldn't either.

Comcast Internet Service

Comcast review in Livingston, New Jersey: Competition in Mobile Al

Comcast is over billing every customer, because of no competition here. They have railroaded the city, county and state auditors for this so called PSC that has absolutely no authority over them scammers. The people of Mobile are to weak to stand up to these people. You better take a look at the next election to stop these people. As of today I am a customer but as of tomorrow I will not be. This company really sucks. No management and always changing their procedures so everyone stays confused as they do. Wake up Mobile these people SUCK bif time
Loss

Comcast took my digital channels and told me that I needed additional equipment to get them back

Comcast removed my digital channels as well as some other analog ones under the guise of an upgrade. I bought digital tvs so I could get the digital signals before the big dtv conversion. Now they tell me that I need extra boxes or converters to get the channels back. I lost almost half of my channels but I am sure that my bill will not be reduced. This is BS because I was already receiving the digital channels. This is just a ploy for them to slide in an extra piece of equipment that seems reasonable, at first. They are just attempting to get more money from their customers. Their service is really not that great and they are forcing customers to eventually pay more. It is ironic that they preach customer service only to *** on the customers that have been loyal for many years.

It is very annoying....I have visited many other areas that do not have Comcast, and there are NO other areas that require a separate box for each TV like this horrible company. You can only get a few stations without a box, and only some of the stations with an adapter box that is a few bucks a month (each), and only the expensive box for all stations. Convenience sucks you in, especially with the internet service and the pain that it is to change e-mail stuff if you dump Comcast.

Comcast review in Miami, Florida: Worst service there is to offer

comcast is BY FAR THE WORST SERVICE THERE IS TO OFFER. I have almost stopped using my tv because it isnt even worth it anymore. very rarely i watch tv without problems. several times a weak i have to call comcast because of error messages. then it takes forever for someone to answer, and most of the time they dont solve the problem and i end up hanging up on them and turning off my tv. i have no faith in my cable box turning it on and expect problems. I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS SERVICE!!!!! I dont know how this company still has users and has not run straight into the round. i have only had it for a few months and already have called direct tv and they are coming to install that. BYE BYE COMCAST
Comcast Tv Service