Show reviews that mention
service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem people account
Filter review

Comcast - Business Class My ***

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. I see that i have a support group here who may share my concerns and maybe we should all file a class act lawsuit in which i am willing to fund if necessary. I called Comcast Last year to get hooked up and they said it would be $600.00 to run 300ft of cable. I then proceeded to show them another route and they said " OH YEAH" like idiots. After getting it hooked up for nothing they left an exposed terminal on the side of a pole for the world to see and hook up to. Indeed one of my neighbors hooked right up to it stealing my business class. I called and made a complaint and they finally came out and cut the line 45days or so later. They left an exposed line laying there on the ground. The neighbor then reconnected what seemed to be an exact match from comcast leading me to suspect he had a friend who worked for them. I just cut it last night and i'm removing it from the terminal tommorow and going to put the terminal on a pole with 50,000volts running to it and a camera lol. Ladies and gentlemen that is just the beginning. They still have yet to bury my lines as they run from my shop to my office. 4 months ago my IP gateway crashed and i called them. They sent a Guy out who said hey i'm sorry i'm not a tech i'm a Maintenance man. I had to show him the issues and diagnose the issues myself and request that he go back to the office and get a new Modem. He did so and my problem was solved and THEY GAVE ME THE WRONG GATEWAY IN THE FIRST PLACE. Online support team said they did not support the Gateway and i said " Well your tech brought it to me so explain that" . They apologized and did nothing to my bill to make up for the incompetence of their techs. In conclucsion ( PLEASE READ ) 3 Days ago my New IPGateway made by Netgear started crashing for no reason. My PS3 said contact the manufacturer so i did and they said they could not support the product because they had a contract with comcast stating not to. I couldn't believe it. So i then called comcast and even they said they also could not support the product and would send a replacement in 4-5 days. DOES THIS MAKE SENSE? I proceeded to tell them how i seem to know more about their products and services than the actuall people they have working for them in person and by phone. I went straight out and bought a new Modem for myself and when i got back i sat on hold for 1 hour and finally got someone on the line. After a very long hour of conversation and 3 transfers i was notified that " I'm sorry Sir, We do not support any modems from the local sores in your market area". OH YES!!! I was outraged. How can a Modem at Wal-Mart or any other store say right there on the Package. "Easy Installation-one phone call to your Internet Service Provider completes the setup". NO IT DOES NOT! Because Comcast does not support Modems that you yourself can purchase. Only what they can give you. THEN WHY WASN'T I NOTIFIED OF THIS? And how can a company false advertise this on their label in stores without knowing they would get a Lawsuit. I asked for a phone number to speak to a high end representative of the company and she informed me that there was no such number available and that i could email them at CONSUMER_COMPLAINTS@CABLE.COMCAST.COM Ladies and Gentlemen this is a major monopoly indeed and we should file suit. Thank You for your time and Oh yes if i could get any other type of highspeed for my business then trust me i would have already. So basically they have this area on Lockdown and it's illegal.

I have a number to a very wonderful Lady who can handle your very issue STONE MOUNTAIN resident. She will not only fix your problem but you will get a credit for any unlawful or unauthorized charges.

After a week of finding only the wrong people I finally met her and she is just amazing.

Email me at natehpi@yahoo.com. Thanks

Comcast has been very nasty with my account of over charging and leaving an old account open without me knowing it. bad bad people i spend half my time on the phone with them and still nothing on where there getting these high charges.i want my account investigated can some one give me any information on how are where to i can get help i need? my email msga369@aol.com thanks :cry

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email asking you to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them.

Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste

Is there a way to get these *** to answer the phone?!?!?!

If I ran my business with such disregard for my customers I would be OUT OF BUSINESS!!

Government supported monopolies like comcast should be outlawed.

Yet they wonder why the "occupy" movement is so angry.

***

We are a repo and impound company. Our 5 landlines all have a recording that says the number is disconnected!!

We were alerted to this issue Monday the 4th and immediately began making calls the 'tech support'. basically no one knows how to fix our phones. Tech support to them is really customer relations because they are good at kissing your *** while they sound informative. But bottom line is they dont know how to fix ***!!

We are still with phones and "Tier 2 Tech Support" had been "Expedited".

MY ***!! They dont know what to do and hope you never call back!!

Hey you can get help. Just ask for a 3 year contract at 59.99 per month it's what I pay now and it's great.

If you can't get help then I'll find out who you call.

But after all my problems I've had no more problems since then. It's been great service since.

We've subscribed to Comcast for over 5years at my home, we run a business and a website out of our home, in short Comcast shut down our internet without a phone call informing us as to why. Then we called them and they said we could not run a business from Comcast, we had to purchase from Comcast Business Class for our internet connection.

Long story short, they now charge us more for phone and tv because it is no longer in a bundle with the internet. Also, said internet costs more because it's business class, no matter who I talk to on the phone, they cannot tell me why it's more or the difference between regular comcast and business class comcast...this is a scam! It now costs approx.

$50 more per month, even though the bill remittance form has the same return address for payment, and we get exactly the same services...WTH!!! I am so pissed off by this but we cannot afford to NOT have an internet connection..so frustrating and no end in sight!

View more comments (7)
Atlanta, Georgia

COMCAST EXPERIENCE

I have been with comcast for the past 4 years and their customer service sucks or lack thereof. I am in the process of finding another cable/internet company in Knoxville, TN but they seem to have a monolopy on the market. During the month of April, I had several problems with my internet service and a tech had to come out several times. THe company gave me a 20 credit. When I called in to pay my bill, I was told that I had a negative balance because there was also a 124 credit. I naturally assumed that they gave me a month off for all the hassle. NO WAY!!! I received my bill this month and it has 2 months on it. I have talked to several customer service reps and a manager...nothing. I was told it was a mistake and that they couldn't let me have a month free because it was warranted. BS!!!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast - Credit? What credit?!

The worst service possible. Between customer service and repair people there is no communication. It's kind of like "who's on third!". Nobody! Three months of calling on continuing outages, tiling, no pic, no data and comcast rep would provide a short time fix, a "blast" thru the cable. Thinking that it is reasonable that I be credited for service paid for but not received, I requested a credit and each time was told it would show up on the next bill. Well, three months later I called the rep and they want to know when there was a problem! Unbelieveable!!!! I quit Comcast!
Miami, Florida

Comcast sucks big time

I currently have Cable and Internet though Comcast and since I switched my phone service to Comcast month ago I am unable to access to my account on line because it needed a pin # which I was not aware of. When logging in, it prompted me to have my pin# mailed to me.However, its been 4 weeks and still no pin # sent. So I went to the local branch office and was told that a pin# will not be mailed out to me unless I show my valid ID. What a hussle! When I called few days ago and demanded for the pin # I was told they will mail it out within 24 hours. When I called today the account Manager said it would take 5-10 business days to get my pin #. What a story! Comcast sucks big time. A. Blake
Shenandoah, Pennsylvania

Comcast Tale of Woe

I moved from CA to Maryland. I called comcast and cancelled my CA account and started a MD account. I was told to take my boxes with me. The MD installer could not use the boxes. Comcast told me to return the boxes to a local office. 2 months later I have received a bill for $1000 cut to $880 after they deducted $150 that should have been returned to me. They also say that they have no record of 2 payments totalling $300, which I have confirmation numbers from my bank for. I received a cut off notice. Comcast employees say there is no coordination between Comcast CA and Comcast MD so I have to deal with both. I am going to report them to the Consumer Protection Agency.
Baltimore, Maryland
Product
Comcast Account

Comcast Customer Service Sucks!!!!! BIG TIME

I called and canceled my service with comcast. The person I talked to on that day told me my next and last bill is going to be 27 dollars and then ..guess what??? They took out 116 dollars out of my account and totally took advantage of autopay. I called and talked to a guy and he said I should get a cheque in 3 to 4 weeks..for the difference, and then I called back..a lady picked up the phone, She said she said they had scheduled to mail out my cheque for 62 dollars..and i am thinking 116-27=62?? I don't think so..it should be 89 dollars. She said no you owe 59 dollars..umm..and I am thinking why didn't the guy told me that a week and a half ago..and the guy who i talked to this morning..why didn't they say anything???? Is it my fault that they gave me the amount and made my budget around it???? It;s their fault..they need to better train their staffs. God!!! I live on paycheck to paycheck..and the Supervisor even said she can't do anything about it...when my frnd is paying 20 dollars with HBO on demand and everything and I have alwys paid 89 dollars each month for to get what he was getting for 20..COMCAST IS A *** UP COMPANY!!! COMCAST SUCKS!!!
Minneapolis, Minnesota

The Incompetency of Comcast

Unfortunately, Comcast is the only service in the area, so we have to use them. However, this is by far the worst experience i have ever had with a company. When we had our initial connection they told us they could ONLY come to our apartment between 7&11 on a Sunday morning. The technician showed up at noon and when i asked him why he was late, his retort was, "Because i got other clients besides you". Um... excuse me? You had FOUR hours to find some time to actually be prompt to my home! Now, Comcast supposedly has an on time guarantee - but because he didn't damage anything while installing it, we still had to pay for waiting all that time for a technician to show up late and have an attitude! Had i known that was as good as it would get, I probably would have told him not to bother. The connection constantly goes in and out, resulting in us losing not only the internet connection, but tv as well. The cable constantly freezes and blacks out or will just lose sound every few seconds (as it's doing now!). Comcast's explanation? Well, they just don't care. When we finally got them to come check it out, we were stood up THREE times before anyone ever actually showed up. And to make matters even more annoying, we are paying for a phone that doesn't work! Why? Because Comcast doesn't feel the need to actually fix it! I have just never in my life experienced anything as horrific as Comcast, in quality and customer service. We are counting the days until FIOS is available and then we can finally tell Comcast where to shove it!
Alexandria, Virginia

STAY AWAY FROM COMCAST

Stay away from comcast. They just scored at the bottom of national surveys of cable/satellite companies and with good reason! They cut off my service before it was scheduled. Then they wouldn't transfer my service to my new address because the tenant owed a bill there! wtf, that has to do with me? I'm an exsisiting!!! And one that pays his bills BEFORE the due date! They told me "it's not you, it's the address". What *** Like my "address" is going to write them a check! Then they come to install my service and one jack didn't work. Called them and told them the tech didn't complete the job. They said, sorry, we'll have a tech there in 3 weeks!!!! Can you believe that...they mess up and want to make me wait for 3 weeks! Told them to cancel my service...guess what, tech was there the NEXT DAY! Also, the charge $1.99 for any "changes" to service. So I wanted to upgrade to a higher package. Boom...rep happy to do it. Get a bill for the change fee. Called and told cust rep that I was advised of this fee...basically told me sorry and told bad - couldn't waive it! Talk about horrible service. So I cancelled my Internet...got dsl with at&t (no problems and great service). And switched to Satellite. I refuse to give my hard earned money to a company that doesn't appreciate my business! comcast ***!!!!!!!!!!
Splendora, Texas
Comcast Service Transfer
Loss

Uppity uppity uppity Comcast customer service

I just got off the phone with a "manager" after the local Comcast office could not handle a complaint. They actually told me to go home and dial the 800 number and ask for a manager. After 20 minutes on hold trying to reach a "manager" the most uppity woman took my call. She wouldn't even listen to my complaint. When I tried to talk she just kept getting louder and louder and talked faster and faster and wouldn't come up for air. This only made me more angry and I reminded her that the whole deal with customer service was to listen to the customer and hear what they had to say. She then went mute and wouldn't say a word. I was then left talking to dead air. What's up with Comcast's arrogance that they can promote people to a level of management who don't have a clue as to how to fulfill their jobs? I can't wait for FIOS. Come on Verizon. As soon as you are on my corner I'm signed up. Comcast can go pound sand. I've sold all my Comcast stock. Wouldn't buy it back if I had a crystal ball and knew it was going to hit $50/share. Too bad we live outside of Philadelphia where the only thing you see on the horizon is the new Comcast ivory tower. Makes me sick to know that they are getting rich on our hard earned dollars.
Livingston, New Jersey

*** Comcast!

Here is my letter to Comcast! To Whom It May Concern: I am an at home mother, who in fact, is a medical transcriptionist at night. I have a lot of medical background and know this to be true; For every 1 person who complains to a hospital due to an injustice or a medical disservice there are 50 patients who leave without saying a thing. Those 50 patients that leave, tell family and friends about the poor service they received. Of course, you can see a chain of events that occur, a spider web of bad publicity. And years of trying to regain the communities trust. I also know that when an employee is hired, a company accepts this employee to represent them. Whether it be a truck drivers performance on the road or a doctors performance in the ER. These companies have trusted these people. I know that the current Michigan economy is not a welcome sight. So when there is a repeat of disservice, Comcast should look upon their company and find themselves cleaning house! Otherwise, Comcast is left with bad publicity and the competitor is granted the service. Now that I have said this, I would like to explain the disservice that I have received from your company. In October of 2007 I purchased the notorious Triple Play from your company. I have seen so many advertisements describing how this Triple Play will connect family members and save customers money. Let me tell you how your company has connected me to MY JOB! I had many disruptions in my phone, cable television, and internet connection from day 1. I was told that I just needed to continue to reset my communication box with a pen because I have yet to gain a strong signal at my residence, due to the new installation. Okay. That's fine. I continued to have disruptions over the next couple of months. Therefore, I discontinued my phone service and cable television with your company. You would think that someone would notice a red flag and wonder why this customer is discontinuing two services at her home. I guess I am just a number to your company. Are you the company I see on television “the big expensive phone company?” I can see who that commercial is really directed at, Comcast. Okay, the story continues, of course. I thought that I would still continue my internet service to see if this really was a glitch. Well it may have been a glitch because I didn't have any persistent problems. That's what I thought. Well then I noticed a Comcast truck outside and just before I saw the technician leave, my internet service was disconnected. I called Comcast and I was told to put a pen inside the reset area on the back of my communication box. The service did not reconnect. I was told to do that 2 more times. The woman on the phone told me that her computer was telling her that the internet was disconnected. Well I could have told her that much, in fact, I did. She probably wasn't listening. I was told that a technician would come out that evening and fix this issue, due to my work as a transcriptionist, and that he disconnected it when he was connecting a different customer in the building. Good, the technician came out and he connected the outside wires again. The second time this happened, it was on a Friday night and the Comcast truck appeared, once again our internet service was disconnected. I called Comcast and was told that since it was so late in the day, mind you I do my transcription at night, that a she would get a technician to come out on Saturday morning. I was displeased, but I was happy that she was going to have him come out on a Saturday to fix the issue. Saturday rolled around and 11 am passed by, no technician, like previously promised. I called Saturday at 3pm. The dispatcher on the phone told me that he arrived at 11 am at my apartment complex and was approached by a different Comcast customer with an ongoing problem with their cable television service and he fixed their problem. He left without following through with our request. I know that this technician had a order form of some sort that told him that apartment #12 needed assistance. The dispatcher continued to tell me that the technician could not come back until the following Monday. I am sure I do not need to complain about this certain situation, you can see my frustration. This is yet ANOTHER night of not working, in which, pays for YOUR service that I am not getting! Now, on to my third and final episode. A Comcast truck appeared once again at around 4 pm on 05/15/08. I wasn't going to wait for another irritating episode to happen. So I very politely went down stairs and said: ME: Can I make a request. TECH: Well it depends on what your requesting. ME: The last two times your service truck came to this complex my service was disconnected. Could you make sure that apartment #12 is connected after your done here. I do medical transcription at night for work and I need my service to be connected. TECH: Yeah, I am just tagging the wires to make sure we know what cable goes to what apartment. ME: Okay. The technician left without checking to see if my internet service was restored. It was not. So I called again to Comcast and spoke to a very nice representative. He told me that he was sorry for my inconvenience and that he could get someone out here at 2 pm the next day. I was irate at that time and asked, quite rudely I might add, to speak with his manager. I spoke to Omar and he wanted to help me out, but being so late in the day he could not get a technician out here until 9 am on 05/16/08. This is a good example of incompetent employees. This letter is to notify you of my disservice and of the inconvenience that I have experienced. At the end of the month I am discontinuing my service with Comcast and switching to AT&T. You wonder why there are some elderly out there that are rude and impatient. Probably because of years of disservice and mistreatment. People are not just numbers and timely bill payments. And by the way today is the 23rd and we only get our online connection in the early morning and late at night due to some bad connection in the celing. Yeah, they were supposed to call us on the 19th to get someone out here to fix the problem.

modem problems still not fixed and yes i have dyslexia its a handicap

Options

09-02-2010 02:40 AM

I had one "rca" rented from your company for my home address. I tried to get business class service with you but you all messed that all up and I yanked the contract from you. You failed to give me what I had asked for and gave me a big runaround + BAIT AND SWITCH AND I DON'T CARE FOR EXCUSES I tried to clear everything up several times and still got messed over by you all.. you connected two modems in my house the home side modem on the home account AND MY BUSINESS CLASS MODEM ON THE BUSINESS SIDE... MY HOME ACCOUNT modem only worked for 2 days maybe 3. I called you all to come get it 5 times. I have a taped conversation with your rep. stating she would send some one by to get it. This conversation went on three more times. I had already taken the liberty of fixing the problem my self by buying two good modems on line, one for a back up for my self.... I called and activated it no problem, the old modem remained at my house IN A CLOSET AWAITING PICK UP. Then I called for business class services to be added to my address the installer which canceled twice without informing me, finely showed up to install a second modem WHICH WAS ALSO AN RCA "rca" in the same address.. my residential side was still going to remain on, so my PERSONNEL modem (1xArris Ttm202a/tm02da102 Ethernet/cable Modem this one is online now from ebay

- eBay from old insight customer who certified it with a cashier's receipt payed in full 1 x Arris Telephony VOIP BROADBAND Modem TM402P with Battery Backup by Arris from Amazon.com) The old "RCA" from the home set up, which did not work, I gave to THE INSTALLER THAT DAY!! After several attempts by me TO GET SOME ONE OUT HERE TO PICK IT UP! I THOUGHT WELL HERES SOME ONE AND HE WORKS FOR YOU ALL; NOW THERE ARE 4 WITNESS TO THIS TRANSACTION... OK NOW COMCAST HAS POSSESSION OF THE FIRST RCA HOME MODEM FROM THE HOME ACCOUNT IS NOW IN THE INSTALLERS HAND IN WHICH HE TAKES TO HIS TRUCK... MY OWN MODEM "ARRIS" REMAINS AND A BUSINESS CLASS "RCA" OF COMCAST'S IS LEFT BY THE INSTALLER BOTH ARE NOW ACTIVE. THE BUSINESS CLASS MODEM SEEMS TO BE NOT FUNCTIONING CORRECTLY, ON A CLEAN FORMATTED COMPUTER WITH A GIGGA FAST ETHERNET CARD MY THOUGH OUT PUT IS ABOUT 3 Mbps DOWN AND 128 Kbps UP....NEED I SAY MORE!! OK FINE I ORDERED THE FASTEST SPEED FOR THAT ACCOUNT I WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE DOCS ES 3.0 AND I WOULD GET UP TO AT LEAST 30-50Mbps DOWN AND 5-10 UP YET ANOTHER LIE WAS FED BY COMCAST...... PEOPLE! now when COMCAST MESSED up my ORDER INSTALL DATE MY set up for business class... MY CABLE SPEEDS..I DID WHAT ANY GOOD RUNNING BUSINESS WOULD DO I CANCELED MY BUSINESS CLASS SERVICES WITH COMCAST BECAUSE THEY ARE COSTING ME AND MY COMPANY, TIME, WASTED EFFORT, CUSTOMERS, AND MONEY!!! IF COMCAST IS GOING TO BE THAT TROUBLESOME AND HORRIBLE AT EVERY THING THEY TRY TO DO THEN WHY WOULD I KEEP YOU ON MY BUSINESS SIDE OF THINGS... NOW I TOOK YOUR NEW MODEM FOR THE BUSINESS CLASS THAT THE INSTALLER PLUGGED IN FOR ME AND BROUGHT IT BACK BY HAND TO THE OFFICE IN E-TOWN ON RING ROAD ON FRIDAY AFTER NOON. I DROVE TO YOUR OFFICE ON RING RD and I had to demanded a receipt for my returned equipment, one "rca" business class cable modem. Now Comcast is in possession of both of their modems. But now because dsl reports and ripoff.com all said that I need to demand a return receipt if I was going to drop it off. Because apparently it never gets done right by the desk reps...AND COMCAST ALWAYS TRY'S TO CHARGE YOU, NOW THAT CAME FROM OTHER CUSTOMERS in which undoubtedly have been done wrong as well. In which I am glad I did make sure to get the receipt.... now up to date I LEFT MY HOME ACCOUNT ON BUT DROPPED MY BUSINESS CLASS WITH YOU, RIGHT? RIGHT! GOOD! I was going to switch over to my back up modem because it seems to be a better choice it has battery BACK UP SYSTEM AND BECAUSE I USE VOIPS THROUGH T-MOBIL, I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE BETTER. THE ELECTRIC ON THIS SIDE OF TOWN BROWNS OUT A LOT ......BUT OH WAIT MR. FARMER YOU ARE STILL RENTING OUR MODEM, AND I CAN NOT ACTIVATE UNTIL YOU TURN OUR OLD MODEM IN TO US...... what????? YET MORE PROBLEMS I HAVE TO DEAL WITH FROM COMcCKRAP............NOW CAN YOU CLEAR THIS UP? I'M A VERY BUSY MAN... I WORK, I RUN A GOOD COMPANY AND I DON'T HAVE EXTRA TIME TO DEAL WITH YOUR CORPRIT MESS UPS... I HAVE ALREADY TOLD MANY CONSTITUENTS NOT TO GO WITH YOUR BUSINESS CLASS SERVICES AND TO STAY AWAY FROM COMCAST .... I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY TWO THAT MY INFO WAS MUCH APPRECIATED AND THEY WON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS I DID AND GO WITH COMCAST.. AND IM GOING TO CONTINUE TO DO THIS UNTIL YOU ALL, UP THERE IN YOUR PLAY ROOM OFFICES, CAN GET YOUR CRAAP TOGETHER... YOU RUN YOUR BUSSNES LIKE A MAD HOUSE, WITH NO ORDER. IT SEEMS TO BE A CATASTROPHE IN ACTION, A PLACE OF ANARCHY, AND NO COMMON SENSE... YOU HAVE ALREADY TAKEN TO MUCH OF MY TIME WITH THE DAY TO DAY PHONE CALLS , LIES, BAIT AND SWITCH, AND CANCELED APPOINTMENTS! you play head games with all my posting. trying to dodge all my post by dancing around the problem and complaining about my spelling as if my dyslexia handicap wasn't hard another to deal with.... you all have to throw that back at me ... and find it amusing to laugh and some ones handicap enough already Some company you all turned out to be" and then trying to turn it around the best you can to make it my fault... some how switching the focus back to me seem to be another one of your wonderful physiological head games you all play when the costumer is right and you have a hard time admitting it.. for fear of the word finding out your a second class company .... you all also seem to twist what you can when the going get ruff for you... and find no fault of your own and place blame back on the costumer ... what are you all to throw at this customer let see we played blame me ... we played head games we played phone games email games and post notes games"well I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR your all's GAMES! SO FIX IT...YOU ALL WORK FOR ME... I DON'T PAY YOU GOOD MONEY ever mouth FOR ME TO SOLVE ALL YOUR MESS UPS. AS A COMPANY I BUY A SERVICE FROM YOU ....YOU ARE THE ONE THAT NEEDS TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND BE THE COMPANY IN WHICH YOUR PUFFERY CLAMS TO BE .. THIS IS WORK FOR YOU.... YOU COMCAST ARE IN THE WRONG!!!! I HAVE MADE 29+ PHONE CALLS TO YOUR CORPORATE OFFICES.. EMAILS TO YOUR SHARE HOLDERS AND NET BASED NEGOTIATION THROUGH 20+ EMAILS AND FORUMS. LOTS OF BLOGS TO WARN PEOPLE OF YOUR GAMES! I'M NOT THE PERSON TO SIT BACK AND JUST TAKE IT..I GET PEOPLE INVOLVED. I MOTIVATE PEOPLE TO STAND UP. I'M A BORN LEADER, A SHAKER ... AND I WILL NOT BACK DOWN. YOU CLAIM A LOT OF PUFFERY TO A WIDE MARKET... BUT YOU AS A COMPANY BOTH FAIL AND REFUSE TO STAND BUY YOUR CLAIMS... IT'S ABOUT TIME SOME ONE OUT HERE STANDS UP TO COMPANY'S LIKE YOU AND FORCES YOU TO DO THE MORAL AND RIGHT THING..even if i am dyslexic .. THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ THIS LETTER! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT 270-317-0954..or richardanthonyfarmer@gmail.com .Richard A.Farmer :(

FYI - if you work from home and you are using Comcast residential cable/ internet/ phone service in your work environment YOU ARE BREAKING YOUR CONTRACT and are subject to termination of service as well as civil litigation - when you use a residental service you MUST agree to the TERMS of SERVICE which clearly state conducting BUSINESS on a residental account is a breach of contract. I have no sympathy for some one who was breaking the rules and has the nerve to complaine about it - get BUSINESS class service to run your BUSINESS on - the service is more reliable and in the event of a servcice issue business accounts get priority

WHEN THE TECHNICIANS PICK UP EQUIPMENT THEY DO NOT TURN IT IN AND THE CUSTOMERS ARE CHARGED $200.00 PER BOX AND THERE IS NO ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THIS ACTION. CUSTOMER SERVICE WON'T HELP, THERE AREN'T ANY SUPERVISORS THAT ARE WILLING TO HELP AND NO WAY TO RESOLVE ISSUE WITHOUT COURT ACTION.

THEY CLAIM THAT THE WAREHOUSE IS CHECKED FOR INVENTORY AND NO EQUIPMENT IS EVER FOUND. THEY SCHEDULE DATES FOR MAINTENANCE AND DO NOT SHOW AND DO NOT CALL.

:( I work for Comcast as a level 4 technician and I can tell you first hand that Comcast is the worst company to work for. We are just numbers not people.

They treat customers the same way. They can care less about you or me all they care about is SALES! SALES! SALES!!

We as technicians do not have the time to fix the customers problems.

We are forced to meet a quota of complete calls by the end of the day and if we don't we are repramanded.

Numbers is all they care about not weather we fix an issue or make a customer happy.

The only reason I still work there is because the economy is bad now and I cannot afford to leave Comcast but If i had a choice i would have been gone a year ago.

I live in Maryland and Comcast is no better here than in Michigan. When I lived at my apartment, they would come out and just disconnect my cable for no reason at all.

This happened about 4 times. Turns out that they do auditing and expect you to call them to tell them that your cable is out. I got on the phone each time and very firmly explained to them that I pay my bill every month early to on time and that they better get out here and reconnect my cable immediatly. Fortunatly, they did.

The last time it happened, I told them that this will be the very last time that it happens. I have been very displeased with my service, which is why I have Verizon Broadband. Never have problems with my internet connection.

And be very careful with their triple play, because when your introductory period is over, your monthly bill will be exponentially higher.

I can't wait for Verizon to bring Fios to my area so that I can have Comcast out of my life forever.

View more comments (4)
ID
#121911 Review #121911 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Waterford Township, Michigan
Comcast Installation

Comcast is rude

ok so comcast comes in changes name and prices.... well i find out the other day im late on my bill i call the 800 number to find out why they called me. they say im late on my bill. just fyi i have had no past problem with paying neways. they tell me im $49 behind im like ok i just mailed a $60 check so are we ok? they said no ur account is in status for being shut off. they tell me i will have to call the local office. i do and they say there is nothing we can do.... i want insight back!

I called looking for service for the company I work at trying to get new service for a new location our company is moving to. I called asking for a proposal and asked them to email it to me so that I could show my boss.

The next day Comcast guy called saying I needed to sign email paper work and start service and if I did not like service then he said I could cancel it with in 30 days .I told him I needed to have my boss the owner of our company look it over first. The Comcast guy was very rude trying to pressure me in to service .He then said he would cancel the request if I did not sign the paper work .I told him to cancel it ,and that I c could not sign anything with out my boss looking at it .He then sent me a rude email ...

He made this experience of wanting to switch a defiantly no...Because I would never want to do biasness with a company that is so rude...

Comcast sent me an advertisement for business class at $99. Just talked with Kathy in Venice, customer service rep and she was a foul *** Don't waste your time.

My problem was with Insight. Over 10yrs ago when they started offering movies over coax and digital TV i had the premium package.

Every other day it was down and i had to reset the receiver 4 or 5 times a day. They eventually replaced the receiver but i did not get all the channels i was paying for. To make this short i bought a home that already had a satellite and decided to dump insight before i moved. I called insight and requested that my service be canceled before the next billing cycle.

They said no problem. When the time came for they to turn off the service and pick up the equipment they were a no show. After i moved into my new home i get a bill for $270 for 1 month of service and they equipment. I called them and told them they didn't turn off the service on time and didn't show up to get the equipment.

I also said they can come pick up the equipment at my new address and they stated that would cost me another $75. To shorten the story i took them the equipment and told them i was not paying the remaining $75 because they were late turning the service off and i wasn't paying for a month at a place i no longer lived. They told me they would wave the $75 and i thought everything was fine.

Next thing i know i am getting calls from a collections dept and the $75 ends up on my credit report. The mark is off my report now but i never will pay them nor will i use their *** service.

If you have never been late Comcast can give you a one time extension. I am not understanding why you are allowing your account to be in the arrears in the first place.

Just like any company you need to pay your bills on time. You probably called in with e funky attitude and comcasters are not taking it anymore. Treat comcasters with respect and you will get more assistance.

Treat comcasters rudely and you will get no where. Try it!!

View more comments (3)
Chicago, Illinois
Product
Comcast Account

Comcast

The best with Comcast is that when I had them, they could have cared less about me. I had their cable (Hi-Def) and their high speed internet. The service would literally go out 3 to 4 days per month and I begged for them to check and change my line. All they did was tell me that it was something else and finally I couldnt take it anymore. Now, they market the heck out of me. The addage, which is true, is that it is 10 times cheaper to keep an existing customer than find a new one. Why wouldnt they just make me happy when they had me? rsb306@lehigh.edu
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Loss

Comcast customer service is world class terrible.

We have had Comcast for 4 years and consistently the internet service is terrible, going out during the day. I work from home. Its critical I have an internet connection. When I call they treat me like I am an ***. Its always my equipment and never their problem. We have not had service for a week and after dozems of call to the Office of the President in Philidelphia from our entire neighborhood, yesterday there were finally trucks out looking for issues. The OOP told us it takes 3 calls from one neighborhood to get action. Otherwise they listen and hang up. Two times this week we called and then hung up and called back and got a totally different story. One time the agent hung up on us.
ID
#120863 Review #120863 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Comcast - Incompetent

Well, Comcast is at it again. This time i only wanted to transfer service. "Sure, we will see you Friday from 6-9 PM. No call, no service technician that night. SO...try again..."Sure we will see you from 6-9"...around 8:30 PM I call to see that they will make it out...nope, looks like it will be after 10:00 PM.... SO, i cancelled. Sure they may have made it out, but probably not. Joke is on them though. *** forgot to take out the in wall cable access, so now my Mother in law has free basic cable on them. Classic - big dumb *** company. Good thing their lobbyists are busy buying the votes of Congress so these jerks can continue to act as a Monopoly.
ID
#120808 Review #120808 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Washington, District Of Columbia

Comcast - Online bill payment - scam

The online bill payment does not correctly charge what is owed for the month. When you pay this amount, comcast will charge you a late fee for not submitting the correct payment. According to the worthless customer service rep, we should be tracking our own movie rentals and adding those fees to the bill if we want it to be correct. This is a BILLION dollar company that can't update their online bill service to be reflective of what you actually owe?! How is it that I can receive a paper bill which lists one cost ($261), an online bill that lists another cost ($247), and phone service which lists another cost ($290) all for the same exact service? This is stealing from the customer!

Comcast shuts your service down, then block your online account so that you can't make a payment free of charge..Your only options to make a payment require a fee..Don't think this is legal. Suddenly when I have made a payment my username & password are now valid & I can access my account. Talk about double dipping.

If you think it's bad being a Comcrap customer it's way worse being an employee. Former employees won a class action lawsuit for making us work off the clock without pay.

Call Retention Department to get discounts. :cry :(

I paid my bill online on the 17th and entered a wrong number from my bank card, they shut my cable down on the 29th, and i called them to hear my balance was $234.00.i spoke to a rep to turn it back on and paid the amount but now i owe $5.00 for speaking to a "REAL" person to turn it on, an activation fee of $10.00 and $30.00 for a late fee. they're excuse was i had insufficient funds, i spoke to a new rep and they said to bring in a bank statement stating proving i had sufficient funds, i did, they told me at the office they can only waive this 1 time, the next bill statement i receive shows no waived fee, i called them and they said they cant do anything about it, CRAPCAST!

I recently called comcast customer service billing and authorized 97 dollars to be debited from my bank account. They debited 970 dollars which they are now telling me it will take 7 to 10 days to refund me!

Unreal, tried to switch my service tonight but I am moving in 3 months and would have to pay an additional 220 just to install a phone jack and get the new service provider. Now I can't wait to move and to get ride of Comcast.

Ughhh!! What a rip off!

It's easy to say get another service but because of franchise agreements some people are stuck with comcast especially if you live in an apartment complex where dish is not an opiton. Now go ahead and tell me to move.

God, ordering services thru their website is a joke! I know what I want, why after a place my order, I have to chat with some so-called know it all *** thru instant messaging.

If I wanted to talk with a service rep., I would drive to the nearest Comcast Center.

Just get my order process, *** it! Comcast believe me, "You don't hire nor train the brightest lightbulbs!"

You get what you pay for! Don't like the service change your provider.

View more comments (6)
ID
#120758 Review #120758 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Hickory, North Carolina