Comcast Reviews

Show reviews that mention
service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem account people
Filter review

I discovered why Comcast customer service is so bad

Depending on which telephone option you select when you call, you will reach a different state or country each time you call. A technician came to my home in June to fix an issue with tiling on all of my HD channels. He determined it was caused by a faulty splitter on the outside of my house which he replaced. My billing is setup on Auto Pay and I noticed on the following statement that I was charged for a $50 service call. I knew this was a mistake since customers do not pay for service calls caused by faulty outside equipment/wiring. I called Comcast and a woman with an accent answered "thank you for calling Comcast home of the customer guarantee" and promptly began reading from a script. I explained the situation, she said "no problem, I will issue a refund for the $50." She was rude, abrupt and I had no doubt she was reading from a script the entire call. I didn't believe what she told me, so I called back after about 5 days to confirm if the credit was issued and this time I selected a different phone option. Another woman with an accent answered. I asked if the $50 credit was issued. She said that not only was the $50 credit not issued, but there was no mention in the notes that I requested a $50 credit. The only thing the previous rep wrote was that I called in reference to the $50 service charge. The rep then went on to say I was charged because my equipment was faulty and I should have checked all the connections on my equipment and wiring before I scheduled the appointment. I told her that I did indeed check all the wiring and connections before I scheduled the appointment and that the problem was with the wiring outside the home, NOT inside the home. I should not have been charged for the service call. Since I know that Comcast has outsourced call centers in other countries, I was curious and asked if the previous rep was located in the U.S., she said the rep could have been located in Connecticut, Costa Rica or the Philippines, she couldn't really tell. I asked where she is located and she said Texas. I asked when I can expect to receive the credit for the $50 service call. She said that she is not authorized to issue the credit. I asked why she isn't, and she stated she can't issue a credit above $14 because she is not located in the call center where I live; only someone in the call center in my state can issue credits higher than $14. She then told me that she will submit a request for a $50 credit which will show as "pending" for two weeks or more to get approval and I will have to wait for 1-2 billing cycles to find out if the credit has posted. A supervisor in the call center where I live will review the notes on my account and then will determine whether or not I deserve a refund for the $50. It will depend on how good her notes are, she told me. I can't reach anyone in my area, because it is an outbound collections call center. I posted a complaint on the Xfinity web site Help and Support forums and received a generic response to send an email to We_can_help@***.comcast.com. Of course they haven't responded back to my email yet. No apology, no "I'm sorry you have to wait to receive your credit" and no "I'm sorry you were lied to by the previous rep". What does it take to get decent customer service and a refund from Comcast? Apparently a miracle! Comcrap, home of the worst customer service guarantee.

What customer service.....paying for three lines only one words and that's off and on. Then told call another number!

I was quoted at a rate of $150 flat, after fees and taxes. Yet since my first bill it has been no less than $200 a month.

For the last year I have been fighting them for the correct amount that they quoted me. Now they want to change my "package" and charge me a whole new amount.

#822007

Simply no excuse for such terrible service. My husband is a director of outsourcing so I have sympathy for this business practice.

The six people I spoke with had heavy accents that I had great difficulty understanding. Among other issues, I was told my phone connection was poor and "Jeffrey" said he phone me back. Guess what? No call from Jeff.

Not one of my questions were answered. The rep simply switched to a different screen to read from. At times I was put on hold "for just a moment" (haha).

I believe a manager was consulted who advised the rep to read from another script that did not apply to my question. I thought AT&T's customer no-service was the worst but they have a rival with Comcast.

I agree, worst customer I have EVER experienced. All service agents located out of US, they read from a script, and don't listen to a word you are saying. I am beyond frustrated that I changed from AT&T to Comcast and at this point I am planning to cancel my service.

I signed up for something as simple as internet service. First tech, the "outside tech", was a third party contractor who used the F word in every other sentence, he needs to increase his vocabulary.

He checked and said that the line up to the house was fine but and "inside tech" would have to confirm the wiring inside. Two days later the inside tech showed up, actually tested the inside wires but checked the outside wires and found several breaks, no kidding, you can see the old wires sticking out of the ground. He ordered a new line with conduit burial and apologized that the did not have the equipment. Later that day I was informed that it would be 10+ days to get the outside wire in.

After several calls to: Virginia, Philippines, India, etc. they set up a tech for the next day. This tech shows up early Sunday and I explain to him what to do his response is "I DON'T BURY CABLES", guess he does not work either. He wanted to simply lay the cable across the lawn.

With two dogs that would have lasted less than a day. I explained that to him and his response was "if that happens then you will have to pay for repairs". I escorted him out of the yard and spent an additional two hours on the phone as well as a trip to the Xfinity store. Now supposedly they are going to get a rush line find and try to get it in the middle of next week.

Tomorrow I plan on making a trip to their corporate setup here in Denver and camping out until someone complies with the contractual agreement.

If they don't the next day will be spent filing a summons and complaint with Denver County Court, law school comes in handy. If it takes pain to get action, then I will be more than glad to do just that.

COMCAST - hands down the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE in my 60 years! Monopolies just do not care, folks.

Just this past two weeks, 3!!! missed appointments - lies, BS, and no one is responsible.

This is an example of what happens when companies outsource to other countries/vendors. Customer service is non existent and those of us who have Comcrap services have to deal with these idiots every time we have to call.

I have also been told about the "$14 credit limit" from one of those reps in the Philippines. I don't believe anything they tell me.

Totally agree. I had a similar issue...got cheated by them. Will never touch Comcast again.

Man ...I hate comcast . the only reason that Ihave to go back to comcast is becasue that i really have no choice. ATT does not serve my zipcode , and I can't install dish in my apartment complex. so I am stuck with comcast..

I was told by one of the managers at comcast the other day his name is ( ANTHONY ) with comcast initials (AYH) that he doesn't really care WEATHER OR NOT I cancel my service and he would be very okay with it...

I am actually thinking about starting a blog about him..

Follow up: I received a call from a supervisor in my local call center, she did give me the credit for the service call, plus an additional $20 for the trouble I have been through. When I mentioned about the two previous calls, she said that both reps I spoke to were employed by Convergys and she would forward a "coaching" to their supervisor.

She also told me that it is completely false that a rep cannot issue a credit over $14!

Verify everything you are told over the phone, you never know what is true and what is false.

View more comments (9)
Product
Comcast Account

Comcast run-around

I am a very unhappy Comcast customer, who has repeatedly been treated badly-incompetently by your operation, most recently by your hanging up on me as I waited (at 57:29 minutes and counting) to finally speak to a supervisor. Although you obviously had my number and account information, no one made any attempt to call back – so this is not an accident, quickly corrected, but a policy and a calculated way to avoid dealing with customer complaints. I know you are a largely unregulated monopoly, and that I effectively have no good way to switch away from you, but I at least want to note the difficulties you have created for me. This began on Wednesday evening August 8. We lost our internet connection. I tried unplugging the router, waiting, then plugging it back in. That didn't restore service. So I called your number and asked that a refresh signal be sent to our router. You then gave me a message saying that because we had experienced repeated problems, I would need to have a tech come to the house. You didn't ask me if I wanted this, you told me (via the automated menu) that I needed this and to hold on for an appointment. You gave me an appointment on Sunday August 12, sometime between 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. It's Sunday morning, but hey, you are Comcast, and I know to take whatever I can get. Note that I did not initiate this request for service; you told me I needed it. (Note also that you sent a refresh signal and our service was restored without problems on Wednesday evening.) Then, on Friday August 10 you called the house to go over a few things. My wife answered many of your questions but could not answer all of the technical questions. She asked you to call me at my office, and offered to give you the number. Your tech refused, saying that your automated system could only call my home number, that he couldn't call me at my office. That's bizarre, and if it's a signal of where you are technologically it's not a good sign. If it is some kind of privacy/make-sure-you-have-the-right-person policy it's also bizarre – I could answer any question about the account, and my wife, at the home number, was vouching for the new number. Your tech said that questions-had-to-be-answered, and could I be at home on Saturday morning at 9:00 a.m. I had planned to be at work, but I stayed home awaiting your call. When the call didn't come, I decided to take matters into my own hands and call you, thus initiating my 57 minutes and 29 seconds to hang up joy ride. After trying to navigate the options on your endless menu, first I talked to Donna, who turned out to be in billing. She wouldn't even talk to me until I could give her not just my address and name, but also the account number (which I found). She told me that yes, I am scheduled to have a tech visit tomorrow between 9-11 a.m., and my job number is 952 492, but she knew nothing about a phone call. The tech who had called, she reported, only wanted to verify that we had service installed. That's totally wrong – the tech who called on Friday had a whole series of complicated questions. When Donna couldn't begin to explain why we had been called, and whether the call mattered, and whether I needed to hang around the house, she offered to transfer me to the tech line. I waited more than ten minutes before I was finally connected with a tech, Sammy. Sammy was pleasant and friendly but also had no idea why we had been called or what questions there might be, and told me in essence not to worry about it. I asked to speak to a supervisor. That was at the 40 minute mark of the phone call. After two minutes, and then again at 45:24, Sammy came back on to tell me that she was still working on getting a supervisor for me. After 57:29 you simply hung up on me. As I noted, although you knew I was waiting for a supervisor, no one made any effort to call me back. So I wasted an hour waiting for a phone call, and an hour on the phone. That doesn't count the time my wife wasted yesterday trying to answer a set of detailed questions. All this when we already have a tech person scheduled to come to the house – for a problem we didn't know existed. For all I know your robocall menu made a mistake in telling us that we need a tech visit. And I do know that the last time we needed to have a tech to the house, the problem was "fixed" and the fix lasted about ten days before another tech had to come to fix the fix. (Our neighbors had the same experience.) How would you evaluate this? Is this about average for you, the way you treat all customers? Or is it a problem? If it's a problem, how will it be addressed to be sure that others don't experience the same problems? Note that I do not want you to blame the various people with whom my wife and I have talked: everyone has been pleasant and tried to be helpful, and the problem is clearly in your management systems and failure to communicate internally, not in the courtesy and behavior of the direct-contact phone people. My own solution would be to replace your monopoly with a city operated service. Sincerely, Dan Clawson
Northampton, Massachusetts
Comcast Service Transfer

Comcast outsourced American Jobs

Here I am, living in the USA, and thinking that when I need customer service from Comcast, that I will be talking to a representative in our home country. Not!! I am extremely upset with Comcast as they have outsourced jobs. On a couple of occasions I have placed a call to Comcast customer service, which by the way, will take 5-10 mins of pushing buttons to an automated "dummy" system, only to find myself talking to someone with an accent. I don't have a problem with someone's accent if I can understand them, but one time I just couldn't understand the rep on the other end of the line. After I asked, do you have someone who can speak better English, I was given another person who I could understand better. Mind you I do know some Spanish, but not enough to complete a technical call. Upon him asking me where I was calling from, I stated California, I asked him where he was at, and he said Guadalhara, Mexico. Yet another call on another date yielded someone who had a Phillipino accent, and sure enough, he stated that's where he was, receiving the call in the Phillipines! I think it totally outragious that Comcast outsourced American jobs. This is what is indicative of American companies creating a job deficit in the USA. Not only do we import foreign people, but we lose our jobs to their originating countries. We take people in who don't even know how to speak English, we have to build schools and hire teachers for them, we have to hire more police and public services to deal with them, we have to pay for food stamps, they don't have insurance, or in many cases, drivers licenses, we give them prenatal care and immunizations free, and have to pay their health care cost, etc, etc, all this while Comcast exports more jobs. Americans need to stand up and take action against this free *** outsourcing. We should levy penalties, fines and taxes so as to make it cost prohibitive to do so!

I too just ended a call from a customer service representative from Mexico. I had difficulty understanding and that's frustrating.

I am not a satisfied customer and am attempting to pry-off the talon's of this company.

I cancelled service and they continue to make monthly charges. Signed, Red, White & Blue!

It is not the fact that they are outsourced. It is the fact that a separate company is contracted by Comcast to handle your issues in which they do not provide this separate entity all the tools they need.

So on simple things like a refund request where they double charged you, they actually make a ticket to someone in America. So you contact them overseas, they contact an American agent for you who has the actual access needed, than the American guy, since he never has to deal with you, takes up to 3 days to handle any concern they escalated to you.

If they hired American union guys for 20 bucks an hour no one would be able to afford cable which is already outrageously expensive.

@PissedConsumer712775

bull$# if they hired an american for $20 an hr, the CEO wouldnt take home $2.7 million base salary and $22 million in stock earnings, you ignorant american sheep

@PissedConsumer712775

Well you'd think the 60+ billion dollars they eraned last year would help to offset that cost. Or the 30 million the ceo made in 2014.

At 14,000+ per hour for a 40 hour work week that would pay for a lot of 20 bucks an hour American union guys. If they can pay the ceo that much why can't they pay 700+ Americans to provide adequate customer service?

I too am out raged that all my calls go to the *** philipines and they are not helpful or knowlegable about anything your trying to ask about!! they jsut sit there and say " oh I understand, let me see if I can help you" and they repeat this *** over and over!

I am furiuos that I cannot talk to an american!!

Money is the bottom line - I think someone should start a website where companies that outsource are listed and these companies should be boycotted when ever possible. Companies outsource to save money but if they lose customers over it, there will be no benefit to profits and it will stop.

Our government will not do anything because many polititions are supported financially by the companies doing the outsourcing. Consumers are going to have to step forward and hurt the bottom line of these companies.

I was connected with the customer service in Mexico! Why should I have to provide my social security number (last four) to anyone in Mexico!

Comcast obviously doesn't have any respect for their customers personal information since they are providing it to people in other countries.

I have two choices, pay Comcast with pesos ( they can't say I didn't pay them) or consider another company to provide me the service.

Comcast has turned their back on America. Shame on them!!

@PissedConsumer593641

It is soo sad to read this, just to actually point the ugly truth people from the states are racist and just ignorant ppl...

@PissedConsumer647053

Why do people like you always try to paint the truth as racism?

View more comments (18)
Stockton, California
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast--Unbeliveable

I just wanted basic cable, they made an appointment, tried to charge me for a high def box, which I did not want, got that off the bill, they showed up 2 hours late, cut my phone line and made a mess out of it, never installed the cable, the installer gave me a fake number to call him on, the customer service person took my complaint, and they never called back to fix my phone line. Then, they showed up without an appointment when I wasn't home and could not explain why they came. RCN and Verizon are not better. What can a consumer do when the company's are writing their own regulations. Complaining to the FCC is not effective. I will never get cable. All of the companies are crooked.

We have been told by management their goal is 70% outsourced jobs - Unbelievable!!!! Just wait til they start giving tax credits to company's who Insource and I guess they'll have to pull the jobs back? Comcast is a greedy company increasing prices outrageously and doing nothing to helping provide American jobs....

Call the Public Service Comission in your state. This is the regulating agency for cable and telephone company services as well as other services.

View more comments (1)
Washington, District Of Columbia

Comcast Internet and Phone Service

In the latest installment of my problems with Comcast, I was told at 2:30 pm today that my appointment scheduled for 1-3pm today was cancelled yesterday for unknown reasons. I got no call, no email, no nothin'. I was told at 3pm by another service person (the 4th in 30 min) that there was another service outage in my area. After some discussion with the woman, I called back in and the auto voice confirmed the outage and I put myself in line for a return call when the problem was solved (which was to be by 7:04pm). At 6pm I got the all clear call..............except I have the same problem that I had on Tuesday when the service call was scheduled for Thurs at 1-3pm. I have no internet service and no phone service. I immediately called back to schedule a service call at 6:03pm, but after waiting 15 min for a human, I cut off the call. You see, I have limited income and could not afford to use up my Verizon cell phone minutes to wait for you to answer the phone. I am hoping that someone will read this and call me at 954-328-**** to schedule a human being to come fix your problem. This email is possible because my upstairs neighbor is subscribed to Century Link and is allowing me to use his service. Hoping to hear from someone at Comcast, the President of Comcast would be nice! Regards, Arthur Sissman
Cape Coral, Florida

They never show up for appointments and will not stop calling my phone.

Update by user Sep 10, 2012

Update:

I had my boyfriend call to change the number on the account to his so they would stop calling my phone. THEY KEPT CALLING.

I called and left a message for them to stop calling. THEY KEPT CALLING.

I chatted with an online technician called \"Joy.\" I told her I could not deal with this anymore and will just pay for the missing equipment. I brought up the fact that technicians had missed multiple appointments and gave Joy two options. 1. We could call it even. 2. I would pay and never use their services again. She chose option 2. I told her to please bill me no more than the $40 and to never call my phone again. I asked if I can rest assured that I will receive no more calls. She assured me. TODAY THEY CALLED AGAIN!

Original review posted by user Aug 09, 2012
I have already spoken on the phone several times, and sent an email that was never answered. Around June 10th, our internet stopped working. My boyfriend called a technician, who was unable to help us. (The internet hadn't been working well since at least the end of May, but they charged us for June anyway.) On June 15th, we cancelled our service and moved. We set up an appointment for a technician to pick up the equipment. They called my boyfriend and were at the wrong address. My boyfriend gave them the correct address, they said they would be there, but didn't show up. I made another appointment, which they didn't show up to either. I tried to make a third appointment, but was told, "Since they didn't go to the previous appointments, I can't promise they will go to this one, so you will need to return the equipment in person." I thought this was ridiculous, but my boyfriend returned the equipment in person and was told he was missing a piece. It could be in public storage or his mother's house, but I certainly do not have it at my mother's house. I have explained this, but they continue to call my phone. Also, on the Comcast site, I found that they claim to give $20 for every missed appointment. I emailed Comcast stated everything I have written above, and that they actually owe me money for the missed appointments. The email was ignored. I clearly stated to STOP CALLING MY PHONE, AS I DO NOT HAVE ANY EQUIPMENT, but they continue to call. Terrible service. Never get involved.
Worcester, Massachusetts
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast retaliates all the time.

Comcast turned a $47 bill that I disputed over to a collection agency. Its from 3 years ago, and the Collection agency keeps sending me letters and I'm still with Comcast. They never even warned me and I was with them all this time. I disputed the bill, and BAM it was with collection and ruining my credit. I believe this was RETALIATION, which they have done many times. For instance, they shut off my free HBO 6 months before it ran out normally, just because I sent an email complaining about one of their reps who kept calling me. She was allowed to retaliate by somehow shutting off my HBO. Why do these employees have access to our boxes when they are liable to retaliate???
Red Bluff, California

COMCAST=WORST SERVICE EVER

I tired to get internet service...(Only Internet) and spent about 2 hours online chatting wit the CS person to get it setup.. After I even called and talked to them and to the person on chat and asked them is the Modem they offer is Wireless and they guaranteed it would be. I received one that was NOT. I called 3 times over the next several day and they could never find my account after transferring me every place they could. I finally got someone and asked them how I get a hold of my local office to check if they had one before I spent an hour going to get it. He said they don't have a phone. What? No phone I said. He said well maybe they do but I couldn't get connected to them. ***... So he said he could check there inventory and those they had 19 on hand. Next Day I had my GF go to switch. Surprise they did not freakin have one.. And said they do not carry them.. IDIOTS.. Horrible customer service ..I told het in kind word to tell them to cancel our service we never activated and they said they showed it was cancelled 2 weeks ago..Umm that's before I actually ordered it...did I say idiots... K they cancelled it and said I would probably get my deposit in about a month.. Sure didn't take them that long to take it... Go with ATT and not this worthless company, they should close down out of pure stupidity...
Memphis, Tennessee
Loss

Annoying phone calls & Unclear billing!

Aside from this so called choice to be contacted thru email or phone (my choice was email) which seems to never happen! Other than being sent adverts about new deals and contracts and... Not once could comcast explane their billing, not once have they honored my request to not call my phone soley because while at WORK it causes problems! And like in all other areas of their "customer service" it was not honored and my work suffers. And by the way its the very reason Im writting this now. I was sent home just an hour ago because of another frickin call from COMCAST! The woman on the phone actually had nerve to become rude and decided she had some right to speak "down" to me as if I were someone from her family or something! They are by far the worst business I have ever encountered in all of my 46 years of life!
San Jose, California

Comcast of Sterling Heights MI line hanging down 4 feet above the ground

Cable line is hanging 4 feet above the ground and Comcast cable company of Sterling Heights Michigan does not see this as urgent???!!! Will they find it urgent if someone goes through my yard and gets hurt???!!!! This is UNEXCEPTABLE!!!!! I have called twice about this and they tell me 7-10 business days to get someone out here. I try to call and get it fixed earlier only to have someone tell (after being on hold for 10 minutes) me they understand and again, the soonest someone can be out is 7-10 days. And when they finally told me someone was coming out on Aug 10, they have me the window of 7am - 8pm. I asked about their 2 hour window they advertise on TV and they lady said it did not apply. This is unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!
Detroit, Michigan
Comcast Tv Service

Beware and Avoid Doing Business with Comcast

Both my phone and internet are out for four days. Comcast people lie on the phone. While the issue is with their signal outside of my house, they insist on you being there. Whether you miss work or your job is in jeopardy, they do not care. If you want to be a hostage of a predator, sign up with Comcast. If you would like avoiding being angry, frustrated, and feeling you are being laughed at while your ability to communicate with the world is non-existent, sign up with them. They use their very best people to sign you up. Once you have signed up, there is nothing but incompetence, carelessness, lack of customer service, lies, and endless frustration.

Comcast...they have you over a barrel and they know it. My cable has been going out every day for 3 months, 2-3 hours at a time.

They tell me that they have a signal and that I have to bring my box down to the Comcast office and exchange it. The people there are rude, and argue with everybody. I was told on the phone that I would get credit for my outages...yea, right. Paying $150 for basic tv, (that's 20 years old), and one computer is a rip-off in every sense of the word.

All the other companies will work with you regarding bills, except them. They will shut you off a day after the bill is due, and look carefully at your bill. Do other companies (utilities, credit cards, etc.) send you a bill for the month ahead? Nope.

Comcast does. Right now, my bill is for Sept.

8th to Oct. 8th, how is that right??

I'm compiling a list of people and stories just like this for a class action against Comcast. I'm in the middle of a situation that's been ongoing since 8/29.

As of today STILL no dial tone. I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY & THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!

Send your story to ComcastLawsuit@***.com

View more comments (1)
Hartford, Connecticut

Don't sign up for Comcast

Have spent 2 weeks trying to get Comcast to withdrawal their request to port my home number from my current company. After 9 calls and speaking with 15 people, including 2 supervisors at Comcast, my original company disconnected my service because Comcast didn't withdrawal the request. My original company has been telling me there's nothing they can do until Comcast puts through the request. This has been their reply every time I have spoken with them. This is my account, why can't I get this done without Comcast? Why does Comcast have the authority to make changes to my account with another company, but I can't? This has cost me many minutes on my cell phone and hours of my time.

As of today STILL no dial tone. I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY & THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!Send your story to ComcastLawsuit@***.com

Elkridge, Maryland
Product
Comcast Account

Repeated missed installation appointments

Comcast sucks Thursday July 19th. 2012: ME : I want to sign up for your Internet service... REP1: Have you had service with another provider since being with us? Me : Yes, I do have ATT Uverse service, but they use different lines than Comcast does. My house is good to go, I just need the line to be connected at the pole. REP1:Okay, then I'll go ahead and send you a modem and self installation kit ME(knowing that self-install kits are used for existing cable customers): I just want to be sure that you are sending someone out to connect my service at the pole, right? REP(Snaps at me): I KNOW MY JOB... The modem will arrive by Monday Monday July 23, 2012 appx 2PM************************************************ (modem arrives... I plug it in... no service. I'm dead at the pole... ME : (explain previous situation) REP2: I'm sorry about that! I'll go ahead and send a tech out within 48 hours you should be connected! Me : okie dokie thanks dude! :) Wednesday July 25, 2012appx 2PM*********************************************************** ME: (explains previous situation) ugh.... REP 3: Oh I see that he told you "48 hours" but what he should have told you was "by the end of today". The tech is at the house right before yours so you should see him within the next 2 hours... ME: YAY! (just forget about it until tomorrow) Thursday July 26, 2012appx 4pm**********RAGE SETTING IN******************************* ME: (explains previous situation) *steam boiling* REP 4: Let me take a look at what happened.... Looks like the installer arrived and no one was home. ME: There are two problems with this story... One is that the tech doesnt need access to my home in order to connect my service at the pole. This is all that was needed. The other issue is that I was home the whole time AND I had friends with me. REP 4: I can schedule a tech to come out but the earliest date available is the 31st ME : Thats not good enough. Please let me speak with your supervisor. REP 4: Hold on a second... REP 4: Okay, it looks like they DID in fact connect your service, but for the service speed you ordered to work, you will need to have an "advanced installation" which costs $249 ME(knowing a thing or two about Docsis modems): This doesnt make sense. Please let me speak with your supervisor on hold for 20 minutes, then disconnected... ******************************************************************************** Calling back in... still Thursday, July 26, 2012 ME: (explains previous situation) *steam boiling* I WANT TO CANCEL MY SERVICE REP 5 (Eric): Well it looks like your tech did not install and your revisit is scheduled for the 31st... ME: *slaps forehead* Thats not good enough. I've waited long enough. I want my service connected within 24 hours. ERIC: Would you be willing to give me a chance to make this right? ME: According to everyone else I've spoken to, this is impossible. ERIC: I'll tell you what. I'm emailing the tech's supervisor to get you squeezed in today. I'll call you tomorrow morning an if your service hasnt been connected then we will go ahead and cancel it. ME: Okay. ************************************************************** *ONE WEEK LATER* Thursday, August 2nd 2012: Still no service. I just called COMCAST and wouldn't hang up the phone until they finally cancelled the service I never had...
Detroit, Michigan

Comcast...gouging!

Comcast lures you in first of all with the converter boxes at no charge. Then they start charging for those and then up the HD fees and tack on whatever else they decide. My bill has consistenly gone up just this year alone from January to August. I'm now paying over $37.00 more a month in August than I was paying in January. Their customer service is the worst. They will sometimes give me their reasons for the charges and then up them again the next month. I hope everyone complains to their State governing agency...they need to be fined BIG TIME...they're a monopoly!

Comcast..extreme charges!!!lousy customer service

I've been with this company for over 9 years and especially over the past year....they have consistently gone up on my cable charges. Just this past year..they have gone up over $36.00 on my monthly bill. Every month I never know what "magic" charges I'm going to get when I haven't changed a darn thing. This is getting out of control and the gov needs to step in and stomp this company down as they're getting away with gouging. I thought the BIG MONOPOLY was supposed to be over when MA BELL was disbanded and now we're being gouged by Comcast. I encourage everyone to file complaints with your state govt.

Accidently purchased a movie but stopped the movie about 15 seconds into coming on, called comcast and was told a movie is charged to account if it's playing more than 10 minutes, CS couldn't tell me if I was charged because it just happened I had to wait until next day but he would leave a note as to what happened. Well I called next day and was told I had for my monthly statement.

Monthly statement showed up and I was charged, I explained the situation and was told it would be taken off my bill. Next bill the charge is still there and I'm being it's a credit, after an hour on the phone with a manager I was told CS keeps telling people charges will be taken off and she don't know why they keep telling cusotmers that.

She said she wiped the charges off and here is another monthly statement and the charge is still there. I only keep comcast because I can't get any other cable company but I'm really really considering getting rid of comcast.