Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

AVOID Comcast even if it appears cheaper

I was REQUIRED to use Comcast when I moved to my apartment in December 2009 because the complex had a special deal with them. Not only did they overcharge me the first 3 times I called because they clearly did not understand what I was explaining about how I already pay my apartment complex for basic cable and just needed to add DVR, etc., there were continuous problems thereafter. Over the course of the year, I called Comcast at least once every 3 months with problems with service problems and billing discrepencies; they also twice refused to let us pay for On Demand movies unless we upgraded to the next package (they wanted us to pay an extra $20/month to pay $5/movie...). One year later, my complex canceled their contract with Comcast and so we shopped around. Comcast SAID they would charge a certain amount (we were VERY clear in asking to total amount that would be on the bill each month), which ended up being the same or slightly cheaper than other companies, so when considering installation fees to switch we decided to stay with Comcast. The very first bill that came was TWICE was they said they would charge. We called to fix this and they "apologized for the other agent giving incorrect information" but they could not honor the price previously mentioned. They gave a new, higher price, and we made sure that this was the total amount that would continue to appear on our bill each month. From then on it was the same pattern: the bill would raise once or twice every three months, we would call, the agent apologizes for the previous agent and cannot honor the price they gave us. After this happened the first 2-3 times we caught on that agents were giving us specials (without telling us that it was a special or the stipulations) and so in follow up calls we would make sure to ask if they were specials and the agents would assure us they were not, but nevertheless the price would raise. Once, an agent did tell us about a special but said it was for an entire year and GUARANTEED that the certain amount would be the correct total on the bill through March 2012, yet 6 months later it went up -- I called and an agent said that we were still on the special, but that original price was for the "first tier" and now we're on the "second tier," which is apparently still a "discount/special" and less than the normal price, which will go up another $60 or so come March 2012. Comcast agents and supervisors also refused to put anything in writing for us to better understand our package and hold them accountable if their statements were inaccurate (short of recording our phone conversation, it would always be our word against theirs). Comcast also switched to Xfinity in the middle of our service with them, which jacked up our bill, and when we called they said it was "a new FREE service included for everyone now" -- if by free they mean they charge everyone more and you no longer have the option to NOT have Xfinity for the cheaper cost. The only reason we have not switched is because for the last year we have been on a month-to-month lease with our apartment and putting offers on homes. We are definitely planning on using ANYONE but Comcast when we move out, but since every few weeks we put an offer on a house that would require us to move in 30 days, we thought bothering to compare providers again and set up/pay for a new installation would be inconvenient. At this point, if we find a company that would do free installation, we would switch immediately, even if we end up paying a little more, just to avoid the headache and clearly dishonest, uncaring agents at Comcast. I have worked in sales for many years and rarely come across such blatant false advertising, intentional omission of information, and inaccurate quotes. As a side note, from working in sales I know that reviews tend to lend themselves to the extremes (people who rave about it and people who complain, but fewer people in the middle) and that many people who write reviews are often the problems of the experiences themselves because they don't understand, are too old/young to know the way things work, are uneducated, or just plain rude and like to complain about everything. I would like to negate that by saying I am 26, female, married with a dog but no kids yet, have a degree from one of the country's best private schools, and have a full-time job that pays well. I have never once written a complaint online, but my experience with Comcast has been so time-consuming, frustrating, and insulting that a company that large still needs to take advantage of their customers to help their bottom line and bank on the majority of them not making a formal complaint or bothering to write on a public forum. I have spoken to all of my friends and family and posted on social media my experience and have had many people say they had similar bad experiences with Comcast and literally NOT ONE PERSON who could say they didn't have any complaints with their Comcast service. It seems that an overwhelming majority have a negative opinion of this company but are too busy or apathetic about writing about it, which I have also been until this point. AVOID Comcast at ALL costs, even if that "cost" appears cheaper.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Your slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

Plain and simple, Customers need to form a class action against Comcast(now Xfinity)for,

A- Price gouging.

B- Unfair business practices.

C- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

D- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

E- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

*** Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

G- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

H- False advertising.

There you have it folks, 8 good and valid reasons for a class action against Comcast.

The problem is for some reason people are afraid of forming a class action against this company...

View more comments (3)

Comcast sucks

Comcast gave no notification they were changing stations to me, although the CS rep said they did. Then they promised I would have the box required in 3-5 days. The good news was the boxes were "free." They did not even ship it for 4 days so now it has been over a week and I have movie night at my house, nothing has been recorded and we can't even watch what we want "live". CS rep was rude, and did understand what I was saying. Supervisor, same thing, I should have known when I not longer got a channel. I record and often it is several weeks before I watch something. I am looking into dish - anyone have any suggestions.

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence.

so true

The did not send any emails. I keep my emails for 2 years, which I search and there was nothing.

jcmins

I currently have Dish TV. If you are not willing to pay for the premium channels, don't switch to Dish TV. Even the Hallmark channel is an additional premium.

I call this story bogus. Comcast mails out a letter letting you know the channels are changing and what the new channels lineup will be.

View more comments (4)

Comcast Billing Tactics

Comcast sends you a bill stating that if payment is not received on such date service will be interrupted. I fully understand that, but you receive the bill on the same day!!!! The representative from Comcast "Shandra" advises me I am 42 days late. I ask her why has no one contacted me earlier. The call went silent. I asked for a manager no one is available. How convenient that at 9:30am est there are no managers on the floor. This is not the first time it has happened they strong arm you into paying that same night and charge you a fee for using their online payment service. The moment I went 20 days late why did they not send the past due notice then?
Review

Comcast is undirected and inconsistent

I have never had a bad taste in my mouth until this week with Comcast. I had internet connectivity problems and after 5 hours on the telephone trying to resolve the issue, I got no where. The "specialists" didnt even know what they were saying. The 15 people I have talked to in the process are all inconsistent, telling me something different than the one before. After telling one of the people they were speaking chinese to me, he quickley diverted to the simliarities of cooking. Learning computers is like learning to cook. My ***. Comcast is a big disgrace.

A- Price gouging.

B- Unfair business practices.

C- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

D- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

H- False advertising.

I know that

He was trying to use an analogy you ***.

View more comments (4)

Comcast sucks

Comcast in toms river nj possibly has the worst service on the planet. After having my phone cableband internet not working properly for two and a half years, and after losing twenty days of work waiting for repairmen to come, they finally admitted to an area wide wiring infrastructure problem in this area of nj. They told me it will take them at least two more years to correct. They have secretly offered only the customers that are aware of this wiring problem a twenty five dollar per month credit. Shame on them how about the three thousand dollars I lost by taking twenty days off of work?
Loss

Comcast

I am very pissed about comcast service. I order a phone line with them online with the price 29.99/month. I have order number and call them, they have transferred me to so many peoples and the last one, a lady told me she need to boot her system and I can call back or wait for her, I chose to wait for her almost 20 mins but no one come back. I am very dissapointed with the comcast customer service. We stuck with them 4 days already, to me. I trhing I should go with AT&T service maybe better...

If we are going to write things, can we please use spellcheck if you cannot spell and use the past tense of words correctly please so we understand you. That is probably the problem, lack of communication and english understanding. You probably speak this way too.

Send me a work order of what services you want. I can find you several offers from different companies.

I will tell you all the hidden charges and fees. My services are FREE. I assitst many business customers manage their telecom expenses. INclude service address of course.

I have provided 100% of my clients cheaper rates and direct personal account management 1-877-986-4783. or email billreview@uniquecom.biz

It appears that Comcast is more interested in selling programming and service packages ( bundled services ) than they are in maintaining their systems or dealing with customer discrepencies.

I had Comcast phone service for a few weeks then dumped it quick and went back to the traditional phone company that I had for years and years ( the real phone company ). Too many missed calls, varying voice communication quality, it even faded out when talking to Comcast customer service.

it's worse being an employee. A fat sup named Kim Edwards at the Lynnwood WA call center sent email telling to work off the clock without pay.

Our law firm has won many off the clock work class action lawsuits against Comcast in past and present and WE WILL WIN TOO!!!!! If you want discounts call and ask for the retention department.

i have an issue with comcast myself. it appears that they have idiots working for them in a number of different positions.

from installation to activation, they have proved themselves to be Incompetent :zzz . i have comcast at my buisness and could not beat the price for the features.

i believe that they have over sold their capabilities and are suffering the benefits for the short time. i am waiting for a comcast rep to call me back about the problems with my anyroom DVR installation that took place today in my absence

Gee, to post on this site one has to know proper grammer?? :) oops

Are we supposed to understand this jibberish cr@p. Learn some proper grammar. We don't speak stup1d.

View more comments (7)
Review

Comcast sent me to collections for nothing...twice

They sent me to collections last year for $354.44. It had not yet gone on my credit and I quickly realized it was because I had cancelled my account and hadn't yet returned equipment. (Mind you this was a matter of days). I spoke to Comcast & the Collections agency and they both claimed my account was clear. My comcast account was officially closed in June 2010. I have since moved to another address and have a whole new account with Comcast (like an ***). Just received a phone call that they sent my account over AGAIN 8/8/11!!! For the same amount! Comcast is saying I have a $0 balance on all of my accounts. But they wouldn't call collections. So I called collections and patched in Comcast on a 3-way. Comcast told them I have a $0 account and the collections agency is still claiming this balance! Now it's on my credit.

Comcast customer service was so bad that I made a commitment to never consider Comcast for the remainder of my lifetime. If I am an influential grandfather someday, I will make an effort to make sure my kids and grand kids NEVER use Comcast again.

Poor phone conversations, poor response time, absolutely no respect for the customer and after proving to them that I closed my account, they still choose to bill me. Comcast and its representative are dirty dogs that deserve unemployment.

They did about the same to me. I had to move due to work, told this to the rep when I signed up and he told me not to worry since it was due to work.

Thought better of it but agreed. 9 months later, cancelled my cable and they told me there was a fee. I argued no based on what the guy said. Girl told me it would be waived.

3 months went by and I get a bill from a collections agency. Had my mail forwarded at the post office but never once got a notice. Called and got run around on both sides. Finally got to speak with a customer service manager who told me he did see that it was supposed to be waived.

Said he would see to it that it was taken care of. Still there 5 days later. Two more hours on phone with run around. Now they are hanging up on me when my hold time times out.

I plan to buy a home in the next 6 months. How is this stain on my credit going help me get a low interest rate?

View more comments (1)

Comcast TV digital cable

The new requirement from Comcast digital cable is a rip-off. Comcast or the new call xfinity now are requiring the use of their cable box for every TV in your house. My family started with Comcast cable many years ago. They are offering two cable boxes per client which means now I need to rent a TV cable box and they are charging $2 dollar extra per month. My main TV has split TV which means I need now a box for my VCR plus a cable box for every other TV. For example, if you have a four bedroom house with TV in every bedroom and one in the living room and one in the kitchen (hopefully, you do not have one in the garage). You will have to rent 3 or 4 cable boxes after the two extra they give you. Nowadays most people have their main TV in the living room with all kind of equipment. This is 8 extra dollars a month that turns into $96 a year extra that I did not have to pay before. Plus their taxes you will end up paying over $100 dollars a year. We are definitely planning to change cable companies. Gladly here in Houston we have more options to change cable companies. You could go satellite TV if Comcast cable is the only company in your city. An unhappy customer

Here's what you should know if you want a vacation stop on your service.

After slogging through two live chats in search of a vacation disconnect option - it certainly isn't listed on any Comcast web site - I was finally informed that Comcast does, in fact, offer such a thing. The call center drone, Rodrigo, gave me a number to call to "take care of it". Naturally when I called that number I ended up talking to a guy on the East coast. I live in CA. Mr. East Coast, Morgan, gave me the CA call center number and when I asked him if it would take me straight to a live human being he lied and said yes. After calling it and slogging through the phone tree twice, guessing (again) which number might actually take me to the right department, I spoke with Charles. He had to go ask someone about the Seasonal Disconnect, which it turns out is now called something else. When he came back he said it wasn't available in CA!

So I'm quitting Comcast cable service while I'm gone. I'll take them their precious cable box, which is three times the size of the ones they offer in Oregon, and the remote that goes with it. When I come home I'll pay the $5 reconnect fee and resume service. When I pointed out how difficult Comcast makes it to get anywhere with a request, Charles offered me a $10 discount for 6 mos. on internet service.

This officially makes Comcast many times more difficult to deal with, let alone save money when you're going on vacation, than my local paper, garbage service, or Netflix. Like Comcast, none of these businesses have any local competitors where I live, but unlike Comcast they offer easy service and live human beings to talk to the first time you call. I guess that's because they're all too small to lobby Congress for lax regulation, or employ their spouses and kids.

Comcast in Reading, Pennsylvania - Paying for service that i dont get

in the time i have been with the comcast system i had the techs out here about a dozen times and the problem still is there i get tiling and lose the channel screan goes black and im so tired of it i went to dish YES its not comcast but for the price atleast i have a clear signal and i have no complaints as of yet and maybe i wont also i get a lot more channels also i get HD for *** lot cheeper im sure my complaint wont be concidered but im placing it anyway i feel COMCAST is *** POOR in there promises and also there techs they were to change some sorta box on the line so i get a better signal and i watshed for days and it wasnt changed as yet so do as you may i left and quite a few of my neighbore are thinking about doing the same
Review

Comcast does not honor OfferWire discount rates

The discount service OfferWire.com found me a good rate for Comcast Digital Starter TV service with the HD option, and when I called the phone number from OfferWire.com to place my Comcast order a recording told me Comcast was an OfferWire affiliate. But Comcast did *not* honor the OfferWire rates. Over my 2 year Comcast agreement I'll be paying $108 more than OfferWire.com offered me. I spoke to OfferWire.com customer service and was told that in the end Comcast has full control over whether or not they will honor OfferWire.com rates. So I'm getting a little better rate than the regular Comcast promotions, but it feels like a bait-and-switch.

I bought a modem through OfferWire. When the Comcast rep installed theirs, he didn't tell me they were different companies. Now I am being charged a monthly lease by Comcast, even though I have a modem paid for.

Loss