Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast is undirected and inconsistent

I have never had a bad taste in my mouth until this week with Comcast. I had internet connectivity problems and after 5 hours on the telephone trying to resolve the issue, I got no where. The "specialists" didnt even know what they were saying. The 15 people I have talked to in the process are all inconsistent, telling me something different than the one before. After telling one of the people they were speaking chinese to me, he quickley diverted to the simliarities of cooking. Learning computers is like learning to cook. My ***. Comcast is a big disgrace.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Your slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

Plain and simple, Customers need to form a class action against Comcast(now Xfinity)for,

A- Price gouging.

B- Unfair business practices.

C- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

D- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

E- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

*** Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

G- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

H- False advertising.

There you have it folks, 8 good and valid reasons for a class action against Comcast.

The problem is for some reason people are afraid of forming a class action against this company...

I know that

He was trying to use an analogy you ***.

View more comments (4)

Comcast sucks

Comcast in toms river nj possibly has the worst service on the planet. After having my phone cableband internet not working properly for two and a half years, and after losing twenty days of work waiting for repairmen to come, they finally admitted to an area wide wiring infrastructure problem in this area of nj. They told me it will take them at least two more years to correct. They have secretly offered only the customers that are aware of this wiring problem a twenty five dollar per month credit. Shame on them how about the three thousand dollars I lost by taking twenty days off of work?
Loss

Comcast

I am very pissed about comcast service. I order a phone line with them online with the price 29.99/month. I have order number and call them, they have transferred me to so many peoples and the last one, a lady told me she need to boot her system and I can call back or wait for her, I chose to wait for her almost 20 mins but no one come back. I am very dissapointed with the comcast customer service. We stuck with them 4 days already, to me. I trhing I should go with AT&T service maybe better...

If we are going to write things, can we please use spellcheck if you cannot spell and use the past tense of words correctly please so we understand you. That is probably the problem, lack of communication and english understanding. You probably speak this way too.

Send me a work order of what services you want. I can find you several offers from different companies.

I will tell you all the hidden charges and fees. My services are FREE. I assitst many business customers manage their telecom expenses. INclude service address of course.

I have provided 100% of my clients cheaper rates and direct personal account management 1-877-986-4783. or email billreview@uniquecom.biz

It appears that Comcast is more interested in selling programming and service packages ( bundled services ) than they are in maintaining their systems or dealing with customer discrepencies.

I had Comcast phone service for a few weeks then dumped it quick and went back to the traditional phone company that I had for years and years ( the real phone company ). Too many missed calls, varying voice communication quality, it even faded out when talking to Comcast customer service.

it's worse being an employee. A fat sup named Kim Edwards at the Lynnwood WA call center sent email telling to work off the clock without pay.

Our law firm has won many off the clock work class action lawsuits against Comcast in past and present and WE WILL WIN TOO!!!!! If you want discounts call and ask for the retention department.

i have an issue with comcast myself. it appears that they have idiots working for them in a number of different positions.

from installation to activation, they have proved themselves to be Incompetent :zzz . i have comcast at my buisness and could not beat the price for the features.

i believe that they have over sold their capabilities and are suffering the benefits for the short time. i am waiting for a comcast rep to call me back about the problems with my anyroom DVR installation that took place today in my absence

Gee, to post on this site one has to know proper grammer?? :) oops

Are we supposed to understand this jibberish cr@p. Learn some proper grammar. We don't speak stup1d.

View more comments (7)
Review

Comcast sent me to collections for nothing...twice

They sent me to collections last year for $354.44. It had not yet gone on my credit and I quickly realized it was because I had cancelled my account and hadn't yet returned equipment. (Mind you this was a matter of days). I spoke to Comcast & the Collections agency and they both claimed my account was clear. My comcast account was officially closed in June 2010. I have since moved to another address and have a whole new account with Comcast (like an ***). Just received a phone call that they sent my account over AGAIN 8/8/11!!! For the same amount! Comcast is saying I have a $0 balance on all of my accounts. But they wouldn't call collections. So I called collections and patched in Comcast on a 3-way. Comcast told them I have a $0 account and the collections agency is still claiming this balance! Now it's on my credit.

Comcast customer service was so bad that I made a commitment to never consider Comcast for the remainder of my lifetime. If I am an influential grandfather someday, I will make an effort to make sure my kids and grand kids NEVER use Comcast again.

Poor phone conversations, poor response time, absolutely no respect for the customer and after proving to them that I closed my account, they still choose to bill me. Comcast and its representative are dirty dogs that deserve unemployment.

They did about the same to me. I had to move due to work, told this to the rep when I signed up and he told me not to worry since it was due to work.

Thought better of it but agreed. 9 months later, cancelled my cable and they told me there was a fee. I argued no based on what the guy said. Girl told me it would be waived.

3 months went by and I get a bill from a collections agency. Had my mail forwarded at the post office but never once got a notice. Called and got run around on both sides. Finally got to speak with a customer service manager who told me he did see that it was supposed to be waived.

Said he would see to it that it was taken care of. Still there 5 days later. Two more hours on phone with run around. Now they are hanging up on me when my hold time times out.

I plan to buy a home in the next 6 months. How is this stain on my credit going help me get a low interest rate?

View more comments (1)

Comcast TV digital cable

The new requirement from Comcast digital cable is a rip-off. Comcast or the new call xfinity now are requiring the use of their cable box for every TV in your house. My family started with Comcast cable many years ago. They are offering two cable boxes per client which means now I need to rent a TV cable box and they are charging $2 dollar extra per month. My main TV has split TV which means I need now a box for my VCR plus a cable box for every other TV. For example, if you have a four bedroom house with TV in every bedroom and one in the living room and one in the kitchen (hopefully, you do not have one in the garage). You will have to rent 3 or 4 cable boxes after the two extra they give you. Nowadays most people have their main TV in the living room with all kind of equipment. This is 8 extra dollars a month that turns into $96 a year extra that I did not have to pay before. Plus their taxes you will end up paying over $100 dollars a year. We are definitely planning to change cable companies. Gladly here in Houston we have more options to change cable companies. You could go satellite TV if Comcast cable is the only company in your city. An unhappy customer

Here's what you should know if you want a vacation stop on your service.

After slogging through two live chats in search of a vacation disconnect option - it certainly isn't listed on any Comcast web site - I was finally informed that Comcast does, in fact, offer such a thing. The call center drone, Rodrigo, gave me a number to call to "take care of it". Naturally when I called that number I ended up talking to a guy on the East coast. I live in CA. Mr. East Coast, Morgan, gave me the CA call center number and when I asked him if it would take me straight to a live human being he lied and said yes. After calling it and slogging through the phone tree twice, guessing (again) which number might actually take me to the right department, I spoke with Charles. He had to go ask someone about the Seasonal Disconnect, which it turns out is now called something else. When he came back he said it wasn't available in CA!

So I'm quitting Comcast cable service while I'm gone. I'll take them their precious cable box, which is three times the size of the ones they offer in Oregon, and the remote that goes with it. When I come home I'll pay the $5 reconnect fee and resume service. When I pointed out how difficult Comcast makes it to get anywhere with a request, Charles offered me a $10 discount for 6 mos. on internet service.

This officially makes Comcast many times more difficult to deal with, let alone save money when you're going on vacation, than my local paper, garbage service, or Netflix. Like Comcast, none of these businesses have any local competitors where I live, but unlike Comcast they offer easy service and live human beings to talk to the first time you call. I guess that's because they're all too small to lobby Congress for lax regulation, or employ their spouses and kids.

Comcast in Reading, Pennsylvania - Paying for service that i dont get

in the time i have been with the comcast system i had the techs out here about a dozen times and the problem still is there i get tiling and lose the channel screan goes black and im so tired of it i went to dish YES its not comcast but for the price atleast i have a clear signal and i have no complaints as of yet and maybe i wont also i get a lot more channels also i get HD for *** lot cheeper im sure my complaint wont be concidered but im placing it anyway i feel COMCAST is *** POOR in there promises and also there techs they were to change some sorta box on the line so i get a better signal and i watshed for days and it wasnt changed as yet so do as you may i left and quite a few of my neighbore are thinking about doing the same
Review

Comcast does not honor OfferWire discount rates

The discount service OfferWire.com found me a good rate for Comcast Digital Starter TV service with the HD option, and when I called the phone number from OfferWire.com to place my Comcast order a recording told me Comcast was an OfferWire affiliate. But Comcast did *not* honor the OfferWire rates. Over my 2 year Comcast agreement I'll be paying $108 more than OfferWire.com offered me. I spoke to OfferWire.com customer service and was told that in the end Comcast has full control over whether or not they will honor OfferWire.com rates. So I'm getting a little better rate than the regular Comcast promotions, but it feels like a bait-and-switch.

I bought a modem through OfferWire. When the Comcast rep installed theirs, he didn't tell me they were different companies. Now I am being charged a monthly lease by Comcast, even though I have a modem paid for.

Loss

Comcast

Comcast came to install cable at our apartment and the technician busted a pipe flooding two of my bedrooms. It took them six hours to send someone to fix the pipe (I was without water until then), and eight hours to send someone to "clean" our floors. The joke cleaning company they sent just tossed fans on the floor (not cleaning up anything) and took over a week to actually send someone to clean the floor. When we asked if they could clean the floors sooner, they refused to send anyone. Next, we call comcast to send someone else and they refused to send anyone. So now we're stuck with a dirty floor and two rooms that we can't use.

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence.

Review

Comcast has a horrible customer service

I ordered Comcast triple play more than 2 weeks ago. I spent more than 20min. w/ them. They said the work is backed up and I have to wait about 2 weeks. I wait for 2 weeks, no one came. I called Comcast and they didn't see my order! I have to re-order again. I ordered 5 HD boxes and 3 days later they came to my house w/ only 3 HD boxes and 2 digital boxes. I refused. They said they will come back the next day. Next day, I wait the whole day and no one show up. I just found out today that Comcast just disconnected my landline phone before any one came over here to install anything. Now I don't have a landline phone. I called Comcast again w/ my cell and they said they can give me an appointment in 5 days. I cannot wait any more and decided to cancel Comcast order. They switch me to another department to cancel and my phone was hanged up! I called Comcast again and they promise me to get someone come in the next day. I don't trust them any more and they said they will cancel my order. I rather pay a little bit more with Verizon fios triple play than have headache w/ Comcast!

liangdev

comcasts service is really bad

View more comments (1)
Review

Worst customer service, and lies from Comcast

So much has happened it has been unbelieveable. We called to find out about downgrading. We had our cable for many years and our internet we had for 1 year. I know I signed up for only 1 year but they said we signed up for 2 years when we started the internet. They wouldn't tell us on the phone what our "contract" says so they mailed it to us. What I noticed is the "contract" they sent us was dated for 4 months after we signed up and it said "if you don't reply to this notice you will be enrolled in a 2 year agreement!" What the heck is that?! I don't remember receiving it, so if we did get it it was mixed in with all the other random junk mail they send us. Very sneaky. But what is worse is after finally talking to several reps, one of them told me they have a "NEW" promotion where we could get basic cable and internet of 20 mbps for $39.99 a month for one year and $54.99 for the second year. I told her I don't like committing to contracts but that was what we were looking for so I agreed, she sent me to the VRU to confirm my agreement to their terms. She then told me to take all my boxes except the modem to their walk in. We went to the Auburn WA location, and we spent 1 hour, yes 1 hour in line waiting for assistance along with a ton of other people. During that one hour I saw the most worst customer service by someone named Christopher. He was belittling people, yelling at them, one he said "I am sick and tired of you people asking me questions about your bills, it is simple to read, what do you not understand?!" OMG, really? He proceeded to belittle, and tell people things like "too bad" and that's the way it is, and you people make your own line its not my fault it goes out the door (it was like 30 degrees out at 9am when they opened). I saw person after person storm out after talking to him, with nothing in their hands. Well it was our turn, we luckly got the other guy, but he said that they discontinued that offer and he couldn't help us!? Really? We were told it was a new offer a week ago and now it no longer exists and he said they cancelled it about 4 days into the promotion! Wow. He says there was nothing he could do and then quoted me a price of $64 a month for the same service that was quoted at $39. He even said there were noted in my account stating I was promised that package but he couldn't help me. So we said forget it, and we left, like everyone else, with nothing in our hands and a big distaste of Comcast and their horrible customer service and their sneaky business practices telling you you have it for 1 year and then sending something that looks like junk mail saying you are now being put into a 2 year contract, then telling me lies on the phone as to what they can offer me....AND they want to charge us a cancellation fee too!!!! Unbelievalbe! So after all this poor service, we decided to move all our business to Qwest and Direct TV. Comcast employees need a LOT of training, an overhaul of employees, and better education in customer service! Bye Bye Comcast, I hope you disappear just like Blockbluster and the other big companies who thought they were safe and can treat their customers so horribly.