Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast in Portland, Oregon - Added "equipment fee" after the blue after 3 years of service

Comcast decided that they would ad an equipment fee out of the blue to my monthly bill, even though I've never had any new "equipment" in the 3 years of obtaining service. Customer service is the worst of any company i've ever spoken with, They told me if I wanted to talk to a senior supervisor it would be 48-72 hours. I canceled my service immediately and will never again be a comcast customer. A great way to start the christmas season. Beware of this company and their deceitful practices. They didn't raise their service fee and they weren't allowed to do in the 3 years contract, but they added an "equipment fee."

I filed a complain in BBB.org 2 weeks ago.

Today, Comcast call me and have no answers to my questions:

1) Why, after 4 years contract with no equipment fee, you guys starting charging me that ?

2) Why I can't have my own modem to avoid this fee ?

So, they sad they will check it out and later will let know.

I call them twice and with the same issue.

First, they told me to buy my own modem to avoid the fee. When I call back to see the model I need to buy, they explain me this:

If you buy your own modem, you cannot have static ip.

So, they forcing me to pay the equipment fee because they know I need static IP. If I decide to use my own modem, I can't have static IP.

Doesn't make any sense.

If somebody wants to go againt Comcast, count with me.

I am another angry business customer who thought a signed three year contract meant I didn't have to worry about new fees. Evidently, Comcast can afford enough sleazy lawyers to write these contracts in a way that allows them to change the terms at will.

I will either eat the cancellation fee or cancel as soon as my contract expires.

If they can change terms, I am sure I can't depend on them for my business. I will rent space at a data center and us DSL for my home.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Your slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

Comcast gave a deal on their Business class internet. Although the service is constantly interrupted for servicing of the lines, they have more or less been reliable.

This Christmas, they decided to give a rate increase. They said it was in the fine print of my November bill, although I could not find it anywhere.

I spoke to TASHA in their customer service, who refused to help me. If you speak to TASHA she will be rude and unhelpful. I tried to be as polite as I could when I explained my situation, but she seemed upset that I would even take the time to complain about a rate increase. A very rude, unhelpful person.

They refuse to drop this new 'Equipment Fee,' even though the modem was originally included in the package. It's the old bait and switch.

All I want is for them to agree to charge me what the contract says, and they refuse.

Plain and simple, Customers need to form a class action against Comcast(now Xfinity)for,

D- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

E- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

*** Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

G- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

H- False advertising.

There you have it folks, 8 good and valid reasons for a class action against Comcast.

The problem is for some reason people are afraid of forming a class action against this company...

View more comments (5)

Comcast Internet Down

Our broadband internet with Comcast has been down for 2 full days now. Sometimes it will come up but cant do this, can do that...slow as ***. So, we start calling and get the automated Customer No Service says we have issues in our areas and that the techs are aware of the problem and our service should be restored by (1st time) 1Pm, (2nd Time) 7PM, (3rd Time) 2AM, NOW the 4th call says it will be midnight. What the heck is going on with this company? This isn't the first time. I actually got hold of a live person that has VERY minimal information. Why do they not tell these people what the REAL issue is so they can relate that to customers? COMCAST DOES NOT CARE, period. All they want is that money coming in every month and could care less whether we have internet or not. AND, cant get broadband from anyone else. I assume if anyone from Comcast reads this they are laughing right now...and all the way to the bank tomorrow. THIS COMPANY BLOWS and should be disbanded by the FCC.

My Comcast broadband usually woorks good, when it is working. When there is a problem is when it gets tough. First Comcast Reps on the phone will insist it is YOUR equipment that is at fault and not their system. They always ask " are you using a Router " if you tell them Yes, they will instantly blame it on your router !

Every time I have had a problem with Comcast Broadband Cable Internet, I always check out all of my equipemnt first. I have multiples of the equipment I use and it is unlikely they all can't go bad at the same time except for the modem.

Interesting, every time I have had a problem it always ends up being " Their Equipment / Service " that is the problem and Not My Stuff !

When I found I could get DSL from my phone company for only 19.95 per month, I now have that too as a back up. When my Comcast service goes out you never know how long it is going to take them to restore it.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine

I'm having the same problems as you. Are you living in the San Francisco area?

Comcast Internet has been down on Saturday, Monday and Tuesday for me.

It's really frustrating since I have finals and a research paper that requires me to use the Internet. Comcrap is the worst company and agree, should be disbanded by the FCC!

POVbyME

I had the same issues but when I called I was told that they had to have others complain to make it an issue. I live in a remote area and there was no one else to complain. They told me it would be 90 days to fix!

View more comments (3)
Review

Comcast in Columbia, Tennessee - HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I SPOKE WITH A CSR FROM COMCAST IN EARLY NOVEMBER TO CANCEL MY SERVICES ON DEC 02, 2011. THEY ADVISED MY CONTRACT RAN UNTIL DECEMBER 08, 2011 AND I WOULD INCUR AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE. I AGREED TO CANCEL THEIR SERVICES ON DECEMBER 08, 2011 BUT NEEDED THEM TO PICK UP THEIR EQUIPMENT ON DECEMBER 02,2011 BECAUSE I WAS MOVING OUT OF MY APARTMENT ON THAT DATE. I AGREED TO PAY FOR THE SERVICES UNTIL DECEMBER08, 2011. THE CSR ADVISED THIS WOULD GET ME OUT OF PAYING AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE. ALL EQUIPMENT WAS RETURNED ON DECEMBER 02, 2011 AND PAID MY FINAL BILL AS USUAL, WHICH COVERED UNTIL THE 8TH. ON DECEMBER 19, 2011 I RECIEVED ANOTHER FINAL BILL STATING I OWED $52.50 FOR AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE. I INSTANTLY CALLED COMCAST AND HAVE BEEN ON HOLD FOR OVER 60 MINS WITHOUT SPEAKING TO A PERSON WHO CAN HELP ME. THE FIRST PERSON (DEBBIE)WHO ANSWERED (AFTER 30 MINS OF BEING ON HOLD) STATED SHE COULDNT HELP ME AND WOULD TRANSFER ME TO SOMEONE WHO COULD HELP RIGHT AWAY. ANOTHER 30 MINS HAVE PASSED AND I AM STILL ON HOLD. THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICES I HAVE EVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF DEALING WITH.

Review

Comcast does not offer service that it advertises

I went thru five cable boxes for one tv and still did not get any cable. In the time period, about two weeks with one week on vacation, I received my bill. I considered writing a check for it that may or may not have worked, much like their cable boxes. After numerous times speaking to 'technicians' both local and elsewhere, I finally had to give up. I got promises of making it work and call backs, and they are full of ***. There were a couple customer service reps who tried to help, to no avail. I worked that 30 day back guarantee and cancelled the non-service. Even after explaining that I was done and wanted to deactivate what had not been activated, they still tried to convince me they had not tried everything. They told me they understood, and still tried to convince me to not cancel. I think that was on page 16 of their manual. Needless to say, I think I can find someone else who wants my money...honestly.

Loss

Comcast in Santa Cruz, California - Canceled my online statement

Update by user Jan 17, 2012

I had to keep calling because I could not get access to my account online and I could not get Comcast to mail me a paper statement, after talking to 6 people, 2 who said they were supervisors. When I received my next bill notification online and still could not login, I got on the \"chat\" communication on the Comcast site.

Told the rep I needed a line to speak to someone in a supervisory position because the reps can not help me and always end up having to open a \"ticket\". I told him if he could he should read my ticket file and then he will understand why I it is useless to speak to a rep. He asked me to hold, asked me questions (through the chat) and said he understood (after reading my tickets) and told me he will help and not open any more tickets or transfer me. After 45 minutes, Marlon J got me online under my original ID.

I had been told that I would \"never be able to use my original access ID again, that is just the way it is.\" I was also told I had to wait until my (non existent)Comcast Internet account cycled off the system before I would be able to have access again to view my monthly billing. They each said they would turn my mail statement back on so I could get my bill but none of the 10 reps ever did that either. After everything I was told about what I would never be able to do again with Comcast, by supervisors, Marlon J got me back online.

Since he is the only person there that seems to know what he is doing, he deserves to have his name mentioned. So after all else fails, Marlon J is the only one at Comcast that will be able to help you!

Original review posted by user Dec 17, 2011

I went on to pay my bill since I am a paperless statement customer and found I could not access my account. Called and was told because I am not an online customer, my access was canceled. All my problems started when I called to switch my HBO to another channel. Since then, they have taken me to the minimum channel selection, been double charged for services, been told my account has been switched to another channel selection (that never happened), received a box that I never opened (because I did not know what it was) and when I called was told I was an internet customer and the box is my equipment (am not an internet customer and never ordered), been charged for installation of the internet service that I never ordered, been promised free HBO for 6 months because of all the problems (that never happened) and now have had my online bill canceled because I am not an internet customer!

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

Comcast treat you like ***

I lived in many states using many services from companies like Brighthouse and Charter and had always excellent customer service with them. But with Comcast would be my worst nightmare and support. I moved in December 2010 from Florida to Tennessee into an apartment complex. The management gave me a letter with a phone number and name on it. He would be the representative from Comcast for this area, they said. So I called him and he gave me a package price for internet, base TV and home phone of $67 per month included taxes and fees. What he didn't say was that this was a so called promotion, good for 12 month and what the price will be after that. So after 12 month I received a bill for $119 for the package. I was surprised and thought it would be just a mistake. So I called the hotline and a guy told me finally it was just a promotion to get customers. Shocked about that I told him I want to cancel the package and I don't want to be a lied to Comcast customer anymore. So he connected me, what I understood, to the solution department. A woman picked up and asked me for my permission to ask me a few questions first. I have to say that they state a few times that the conversation would be recorded. So she asked me the reason for canceling. I told her about the almost 100% increase which I wasn't satisfy with. She asked me if I would consider not to cancel if she would be able to give me a better price. I said yes. So after about 15 minutes of chit chatting with her she told me that she could bring me down to $61 plus taxes and fees and that this would be good for another 12 month again because it is a promotion again. And I have to call in 12 month again and ask if they have a promotion again. Ridiculous! Mention that this price was only for home phone and internet, since I do not have a TV for over a decade now. She also said that the new price would be shown in two to three days on my online account. After about three weeks I checked my Comcast online billing account and to my surprise nothing was changed. Still the $119 showed up. So I called the hotline again. Talked to a guy again. He said he can see when I called the last time, but cannot see any changes or notes in the system or even the recordings on my last call. Really mad about this customer handling and parody I told him to cancel everything immediately. He connected me again to the solution department! A guy talked to me asking me the same question about my permission to ask questions about my reason why I would like to cancel and if he would give me a good price if I would change my mind. He made me then an offer of $159 per month!!!! Remember, luring with $67, trying to keep you as a *** customer with not changing price of $61, trying to get still the $119 and finally to punish customer for calling to much with an excessively price of $159. He told me then that his supervisor is calling me the next day to discuss this and to find a solution. Never received a phone call! What company does this?? How can they still have customers?? They lure people with low prices, not telling that it is good only for 12 month, then they increase it almost %100 and when you talk to them they raise it even up another 25%. My recommendation is: Get another provider, because any other company is better than them. For me I got three very good friends who are attorneys and I already told one of them about that. He is taking care of this now. Let's see what they have to say about that and I also submitted this to the Better Business Bureau and filed a complaint with the FCC Consumer Complaint. Good luck to you all with Comcast.
Review
#282071 Review #282071 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast Cable: worst customer service I've ever seen

Totally out to lunch CS. Left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. Very,very bad. ! meg internet, billed for 12 meg internet. Stood up on 2 appts, clueless account people, no recourse. Unable to speak to a supervisor. I don't think there are any. If there was ANY other reasonable way to get internet, I would switch in a heartbeat. This is an excellent argument against granting monopolies to a company. They don't give a flying foop. After being told you can't buy your own modem, and have to rent one from them, a tech told me that wasn't true, and that the co. just says that because they make a boatload of money from rentals, and don't want you to own any equipment. They have such poor management that it seems there isn't any. EEEEEK!
Review

Comcast in Salt Lake City, Utah - Don't do what they tell!!!

Comcast is so annoying!! At first, they tell you the wrong balance we need to pay...then, the next month, they charge you a late fee. Their offer is always a trap. I should have just stuck with QWEST. QWEST is good at sticking with their promises unlike Comcast...Now, I cannot even switch it to QWEST because there is an additional charges that I can't afford. Guys! Do not get into the trap that comcast creates....It is tiring and too annoying. Stick with QWEST if you currently have qwest and thinking about switching to comcast. I have called COMCAST enough to solve the problems, but this time, I am tired of calling them. Thanks

Can someone please tell me why Comcast does not have a solid price list for the services offered? All I see are "promotionals" without telling the current customers what options we have.

I have been a customer for 8 years and am unable to cut some services without maintaining the ones I want. Seems like a monopoly on how they "channel" things.

FCC - any answers? Sounds like an unfair monopoly practice duping customers.

H- False advertising.

if you thinks it's bad being a customer it's worse being an employee. A fat sup named Kim Edwards in the Lynnwood,WA call center sent email asking to work off the clock without pay.

we are winning a class action lawsuit. call the retention department and ask for discounts.

View more comments (2)

Comcast really sucks

i ordered the comcast internet and tv service and the technical specialist came and said my house can't have two internet port because of some technical reasons. If i insist on installing two internet ports, they would charge me $200 more. My house is equipped with these ports before I believe the previous owner was able to get these two connection ports. i ordered the comcast internet and tv service and the technical specialist came and said my house can't have two internet port because of some technical reasons. If i insist on installing two internet ports, they would charge me $200 more. My house is equipped with these ports before I believe the previous owner was able to get these two connection ports.
#392003

It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste. LOL ROFL LMAO

:grin 8) :p

You more than likely misunderstood the tech. You would be charged more for aditional equipment and you more than likely don't need a second modem.

Just because their is room for it, doesn't mean you need it.

Get a router if you need mulitple computers hooked up. This is a user education issue and not a Comcast issue

View more comments (1)

Comcast

When I started using Comcast, they provided me with a new email account at comcast.net, and sent all of my bills to that address that I didn't even know how to access. There wasn't even an option to send my bills to the email that I actually check. Of course I never checked this email, thus I never knew when i needed to pay a bill and therefore got stuck with late fees. I will be cancelling my service, since I would rather have no internet at all than *** internet and bad service. Thanks for being terribly inconvenient, Comcast.

Be careful you monitor what they are doing when you cancel your account. My husband and I switched to Qwest about 6 months ago.

We called and spoke to a rep on the phone at comcast and told them we were canceling and we would be paying the early termination fee. Then two months later we got a bill for two months, and we paid it. We were thinking maybe it was the final bill after the termination. Then 3 months after that we got another bill for three months.

Again we called them, and we were told that we were required to turn in the router. Even though when we cancelled we were not advised of this. We were told on that call that once they get the router back that they would remove the three months of billing and we would be done. I took the router to their office personally.

Then four months after that my husband received a call from a collections agency adviseing that comacst had turned us over to them for 7 months worth of billing. Then to make matters even better the very next week a salesman from their sales department called to say that since we were current customers that they had other offers for us to save money. At that point I came unglued on this person. Not only did they report us to the credit agency for something that we were not even using, but our credit card companies decreased our credit limits on all our cards, and almost doubled our interest rates on the cards.

All we got from comcast when we called about this was "We are sorry for the inconveince". SORRY!!!! Your mistake is going to cost us thousands!!!!

I will be calling the attorney general regarding this comapnay. Do not ever deal with these people at all!!!!

Isn't that ever te truth. Comcast does not create the email, the customer does.

When will they start taking responsibility for their actions and stop blaming Comcast and reps. Grow up and stop sucking your thumbs and get your head out of the sand.

Ginsburg v. Comcast Corporation et al, case number 2:11-cv-01959 western washington district court and king county (WA) superior court case #11-2-34714-1

If you search king county (WA) superior court records Comcast is being sued for not paying unemployment taxes they owe to employment security department

Send me a work order of what services you want. I can find you several offers from different companies.

I will tell you all the hidden charges and fees. My services are FREE. I assitst many business customers manage their telecom expenses. INclude service address of course.

I have provided 100% of my clients cheaper rates and direct personal account management 1-877-986-4783. or email billreview@uniquecom.biz

Just another *** unable to take responsibility for their actions. So you "couldn't" access the email and what?

You thought that meant you didn't have to pay your bill? Grow up!!!

Nice try but Comcast doesn't create the email address for you. YOU create the email address yourself.

So YOU created the email address and just never checked it. YOUR mistake NOT Comcast.

View more comments (5)