Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Who's the bad guy-Comcast or UniSports

I hate comcast.. service interruptions galore from internet connectivity to missing channels......now all three HD cable DVR boxes are not receiving most of the non-basic channels, but when I call for tech help -0- they suggest the box(es) are due for replacement... REally?/ all three boxes *** out at once.... Now - that said --- While it sucks that Comcast has dropped Universal sports, it seems the reason is because the folks at Universal sports are getting greedy -- they want the station to be offered as a premier/pay for channel rather than on the basic or enhanced cable lineup.....

View more comments (1)
Review

Comcast Nightmare, non credited returned items

I returned my cable box but comcast cannot find it and is therefore charging me $ 40 for It. After MANY calls to comcast I was finally given the regional customer service superviser number ( Anita Jones, Jacksonville,FL area) She promised returned calls with in 3 day, NO CALL, I have called her 4 times and no returned call yet. This is Terrible comcast!! I am so happy I closed my account with you!! Now I just hope that collections will not come after me. I am sending a letter to the CEO of comcast to vent my complaint. I refuse to pay the $ 40. Just on the principle,that I will not pay for something that I do not owe.. even if it would be the easy way to get rid of the frustration . comcast, how many more people have you done this to?? Shame on you!! Lena

I completely understand how you feel! This is happening to me right now. I am so pissed off at Comcast right now, my blood pressure has skyrocketed.

I assume you do have the receipt.

Review

Comcast can't fix a typo

Comcast made a typo when signing me up for my account. I called it in - they have no way to fix it. I have to go to a Comcast store to get the name spelled correctly. So I am supposed to spend an hour going into a Comcast store to fix THEIR mistake. No way. That pretty much says it all. They are typical corporate bullies. If I had absolutely any other option for internet I would change. That pretty much says it all. They are typical corporate bullies. That pretty much says it all. They are typical corporate bullies.

Why is he on Obama's jobs council? Comcast is a legal monopoly, statutory monopoly, or de jure monopoly a monopoly that is protected by law from competition. Comcast was created by government.

cthoman

granted comcast made a mistake. They wanted u to go to the store and show ur id to prove how ur name is spelled and to make sure they spell it correctly.

My last name is spelled h.o.m.a.n. However it i normally spelled h.o.l.m.a.n. There could be a person with the second last name and it could be a real person.

So buck up like an adult and go get it fixed. Or dont but quit ur bitchen.

Comcast lied to me!

I am 22-years-old and moving into my first apartment in Boulder, Colorado and wanted to get internet from Comcast. Over the phone I gave them my information, they told me that they had a 6 month new customer price which was $29.99 per month. They scheduled a time to come install it and I thought I was good to go. Three days later I got a call from Comcast and they said there was an issue with my account, and they could not identify me over the phone. My only option was to go to the Comcast store. When I went to the store I was treated VERY rudely by the representative. I told her the issue and she typed in some information and then informed me that they could start a new account. I would have to pay a deposit of $50 and my monthly payment would be $60. I told her that I was told over the phone that for a new user it should be $29.99 for 6 months. She said the only way to get that price is to order over the phone, which is right back to the original problem. I called Comcast and told them what the store representative said and they said I could only get service from that store for $60. Bait and hook is not my idea of good business practice. Thanks for your friendly help Comcast, not.

The cable installer told me that the DVR was free for one ywar. I didn't need it but for free, I'll tale it.

I am being billed for it and they said that it was never offered for free.

They will not honor the offer. ***.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

coloradocowboy

Good luck with these ***. This is on of the most mismanaged companies I have ever dealt with.

I just wasted an hour of my time trying to follow THEIR instructions on getting a digital adapter. Internet ordering (which they instructed me to do) was an absolute dead end.

After an hour of wasted time they told me to drive across town. I spend $175 a month with these jerks for this kind of service and constant tiling on my HD tv.

Comcast

Billing mistakes handled by people in the Carribean with no authority to make corrections. What used to be simple takes SOOO much time. Double wammy...they make a mistake and customer loses their time. Just getting to a person takes too long. Very impersonal. Their bills are very high. In our area Comcast outsources their installation and repairs and treats the technicians like piece work factory workers. They are all working twice as hard and making half the pay. GREEDY company taking advantage that that they are almost a monopoly with only Verizon as a competitor. Why not do everything to keep people happy instead of having us shop around? It costs a fortune to get a new customer.

Comcast sucks

So for a year now we have been experiencing problems with our phone and internet and tv. With the tv half our channels would not work or would occasionally work so they would come and replace boxes or replace cable connections through the wall and cable lines, this happened about 5 times over 12 months. With the internet we always had poor signal strength and poor download speed so they would come and tell us to update our modem and router and they would charge crazy amounts for them and they still would not work and finally last week they came and said it was our neighbors house that was some how causing interference.They said they would fix it and now tonight i am on the phone with them and they have not fixed my neighbors house so our internet is still ***. And while on the home phone my connections keep getting droped and i have to call them back again comcast is a waste of anyones time and money!!!

www.facebook.com/comcast.must.perish

Comcast in Forestdale, Massachusetts - Customer service

I called tv was not working correctly the service rep. did not speak english well at all, I told her I could not understand her direction, and may I please have another rep. but no response so finally had to hang up and redial. next rep was fine. This has happened before calling comcast. You clearly need to hire reps that have maybe slight accents. I am sure there are plenty people out there that speak better english. It is very annoying when you have a problem, never mind trying to communicate to a rep that does not speak English very well.

Comcast in Manchester, New Hampshire - PISSED EMPLOYEE

Ok children, stop calling comcast and pretending that you were unaware of your promo rates ending. last time I checked and believe me it's part of my job to check the competitor prices and their PROMOS and trust me their promo deals ends also. You can't call up and demand a price You think it's the right price.If half of you so called pissed customers started your own business and gave your product away without making profit,then you won't be in business for long. Stop crying, pay up and research!btw comcast movie channels $19.95 Fios-$21.95! RESEARCH!

I never took one of your promos, and it was Comcast that Hijacked my internet Without Notice when they pushed another independent company out of business and took it over.

When will Comcast Reps stop telling me that it is Always MY equipment that does not work right but when your repair people " Finally " show up, it is always a Comcast Problem out in the street somewhere ?

Comcast should be paying ME for all the time I have to stay home from work waiting for service people that do not show up on schedule. Could YOU run a business if you had to hang around all day waiting for service people that can't keep appointments ?

I now have one of your competitors in here as a backup for my Internet, when yours goes down and I have to wait over a week for service, your competitors internet works just fine and at only 20 bucks a month ! ANd that is NOT a Promo Price either ! More than half the price of Comcast and many times it is even Faster than Comcastic Fraudband !

Ouit Crying Comcast and stop telling people it is Always their equipment that is bad and Never Comcasts ! You know there are some technical people that are subscribers who just may know more about your system than you do !

Yay! Finally...

I get that *** all the time. People call in and ask why their bill increased. Duh! Your promo is over.

Every company has promos and they expire at a certain point. So don't call to threaten to cancel your services. Shut up and cancel already. PS if your on a fixed income.

The only service you need is phone service. It's nobody fault but yours that you didn't plan for the future.

Comcast

*** You ***! *** *** expensive service for *** *** 250gb WTF YOu dirty mother *** go *** off and burn in *** all of you. I can't believe this ***, my rates were raised every singkle month since I joined. It went from 50$ to 80$ a month are your *** kidding me. What good is high speed when you have a god *** cap on that *** . since when did I start paying for giga bytes *** holes . My bill specifically states unlimited internet. access you *** *** and you want to cancell my account for going over 250gb You *** everything is streaming media and digital downloads now days , it's *** easy to go over 250gb, jesus christ , downloading a game from steam already kills like 20gigs!! *** you guys

Loss

Comcast dumped Universal Sports. I dump Comcast.

Comcast says Universal Sports dumped them. Universal Sports has been running ads to keep USN on cable. Sorry folks, I believe USN. Frankly, this will be it for me. I'm moving to satellite. Everytime I have a problem - it's not Comcast's problem. When it IS their problem. Constantly have internet that drops and it's never their problem. This one is now it - I watch USN exclusively. As I told the agent I just spoke with when she said that USN refuses to work with Comcast...it's takes two sides in a negotiation and it hasn't been Comcast that has been prodding viewers to contact the providers, it has been USN. Come on, folks, I am now paying the same for a line up that has now changed. I don't need another "paid advertising" channel - I want back what I signed up for.

brian_roberts@comcast.com is email address of CEO of Comcast

Please bring back Usn. It was my favorite sports station.loved the track and field.

I have sent many a comment and requests to Comcast as to why Universal Sports is not on and never got a response. I called and spoke to 2 different reps and was told that they didn't know why. :( :(

So,

In an Olympic year, you decided to pull Universal Sports from free cable, including parent company Comcast, and put it on DirectTV, meaning people who were fans of Unirversal Sports, and wondering why it was mismanaged in such a way that the only ads it could attract were C-class ***, are now faced with switching to satellite, and then paying extra for an expanded package, which in an overwhelming number of cases won't happen.

Or, if they do decide to switch, in a fantastic assbackwards strategy of reverse synergy, IT WILL BE AWAY FROM PARENT COMPANY COMCAST, who just bought Universal Sports, I assume to make money. I just can't figure that one out.

Brilliant! In an Olympic year! Exactly when viewership of an Olympic sports station, if managed competently, which it hasn't, would spike! So now, I gather, the two arms of Comcast are negotiating with eachother, and apparently not coming to agreement, because Universal Sports is still dark on cable in all forms, which means it is making no money at all.

Oh, and that *** astroturf campaign, where viewers were supposed to contact their provider and plea for Universal Sports, as if it was the providers who were changing the deal! As if the providers weren't actually owners of Universal Sports! No mention made of Universal's repositioning strategy. So we were supposed to stay ignorant while being conned into doing your work for you! That's hilarious, in a Carl Rove sort of way. What a way to build support!

In the meantime, viewers are moving on and giving up, and it will be a fight to get them back. That is, the ones, such as myself, who aren't furious. The only way that US management could be happy with these results is if they intended to actually kill this station in a way that generates the greatest amount of confusion and ill will. My comments above are misinformed or missing the mark? Well, perhaps it is because a big fan, who is very interested in the station, and knows his way around the internet, CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT THE *** IS GOING ON!

Do you remember the Netflix fiasco? This is actually a much worse case of arrogance, mismanagement and misleading communication, and the only reason it isn't a bigger deal is because, unlike Netflix, US has never managed to figure out how to be successful in the first place. Another thing I can't figure out: Marathoning, cross-country skiing, swimming, gymnastics, etc. . .these are sports followed by the highest-achieving students and eventually the highest income professionals in the country. You found no way to reach them?

In conclusion, whether you are incompetent or merely duplicitous, you are shmucks. Feel free to circulate this letter. I will.

Comcast is abysmal. With Universal Sports being dumped it's the last straw - I'm on to Direct TV.

There is a group of us who get together to watch the Alpine Skiing and we'll get it one way or the other. You're spot on about them not taking any responsiblity for anything, the fact that the TV in the bedroom does not get HD of course is our fault etc.... For the love of God, if after listening over the phone to the longest line of B.S. instructions leading to an absurd "kabuki dance" to correct it didn't work, don't you think you could send a tech out?

They're like th old joke when Bell monopolized the phone companys. "We're the phone company (insert "Cable"), we don't have to care....

Comcast just lost a lawsuit filed by the Tennis Channel for favoring their own channels over ones they don't own. Because of this, they won't pick up Universal Sports until someone like Time Warner does first.

Universal Sports was distributed via Multi-cast, which means it sat on additional bandwidth that local NBC affiliate channels are required to have available.

They are moving off of multicast to regular cable in a sports tier in order to collect cable subscriber fees (from the cable companies) to fund the increase of the production value of the network and provide better programming. DirecTV was the first one to offer them distribution in this form and they are working on additional deals with Time Warner, Verizon VIOS, Comcast, etc.

I'm considering dropping my digital preferred package because Comcast has dropped Universal Sports. Universal Sports wasn't part of the package, but this is my way of showing my displeasure.

If I could drop Comcast entirely I might do it, but we get bulk service at my condo building and I'm charged for basic cable through my monthly assessment whether I want it or not.

Universal Sports is one of my favorite channels and even after a couple of days I'm already missing it! The "negotiations" response from Comcast customer service seems absurd considering Comcast owns Universal Sports!

Isn't it strange that Comcast says is was dumped by Universal Sports when Comcast owns 100 percent of Universal Sports. I too will be leaving Comcast!

View more comments (8)