Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
Comcast seems to think they can charge whatever they want. We pay our bill online and usually within 7 -10 days of the due date. We pay what their site tells us is owed up to that due date being that the new charges are due the following month. If you pay your bill...
EvilBostonTerrier867
#1720304

I had been a customer for many years with Comcast. I asked them to transfer my service to a new address, a week in advance because I was in process of moving.

On the date that the technician was to come out he was a" no show". I called to find out why and was informed that I needed to contact comcast on that following Monday during business hours. I called that Monday, none of the customer service rep's knew why I was calling, I explained to them what had happened and again why I was calling I had been told to speak to a Representative in billing. Still not understanding the call they ordered another day for a technician to come out.

The day In question still a "no show", no one came out to connect my service and again I made another call, only this time, I'm told that my contract had ended and I needed to update it in order for them to transfer my service which now is 10 days from the date they supposed to have came. What? You just got paid, so what are you saying? Again, I've called and so they're saying this time I owed a full month payment and I asked them didn't they get paid already, because my payment date is from June 28-July 28th, and I asked for service to be transferred on July 1st.

They had just received a payment on June 16th, so what was the problem? No one could fully make sense of what was going on. I needed phone and internet service immediately! I was told that my contract with comcast had expired, so I took a promotion with AT&T the next day.

July 10th. After doing this someone called from Philadelphia (Comcast Representative) asking what was going on because they where trying to understand the calls and exactly what happened, and I explained that I had been told by Comcast that I no longer had service with Comcast it had expired and that I needed to have renewed my contract before it could be transferred, I said to them I thought that I was under a new contract but was informed by one of the team members that every thing had expired. I asked why hadn't I been informed she said she didn't know. I said the *** with Comcast, next day I called At&t concerning their service, made arrangements for them to come out and service me.

Comcast called back, they then wanted to give me their service with a great promotion package, that I couldn't except because I had already took one from At&t the day before Comcast second call and I informed them that I was under contract. Within the billing period Comcast took funds out of my bank account saying that I owed them. The dates of service was from June 28 through July 12 when they officially closed out my account all the while I had been told it had expired on June 30th. I made another call asking Comcast where did the funds go where was it applied because when one get services from them they charge two months payments in advance.

I was told I had to pay for equipment that I had been paying on every month while using their service. I continuously questioned them about the advanced months payment they had taken from me during my initial first contract. No one would answer that question. They tried to charge me with their equipment but I told them I had taken the modem and internet box back to a Comcast store, gave them the receipt number so that I had proof that the equipment had been returned.

So why am I still having to pay? They're saying that it was me that terminated my agreement with them. I didn't! Now, two years later I'm getting calls from a collection company saying I owe Comcast a full month payment.

I said I owe no such thing! Comcast has lost their integrity, they cheat and they lie! I'm speaking with an attorney. I'm writing to my congressman and to the Attorney General.

I can't afford this, I'm a senior and I pay my debts and I will not be cheated by Comcast or any other creditors! ENS

View more comments
Loss

Does the word "theives" mean anything to you comcast people?

Tell us what happened; well its very simple. Comcast is nothing but a bunch of Rapists. How dare they charge $189 per month for the infamous "triple play" deal that they advertise at $99 per month. I cut everything out but basic cable and the triple play still costs me $160. The ONLY reason I have stayed with Comcast is because of the great free Exercise TV workouts. Guess what, Exercise TV is now *** and gone from the provider as of the end of November. Comcast, in their infinite wisdom, has replaced Exercise tv with FIT TV. Inhave never seen so many unprofessional fitness trainer wannabes in my life. Just a thought; a prediction if nyou will...some unsuspecting soul who is new to doing workouts is going to get seriously injured because these excercise yahoos do not perform warm-ups prior to just jumping into the workout. What a joke. Hey Comcast, you know those pretty little dishes people perch on their rooftops? Its called AFFORDABLE CABLE, and thank the lord, that's where I'm headed. Adios you theiving sh*tbags.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

Hey, so sad...did you happen to read the part about Comcast engaging in the practice of price guaging? Oh, that's right, you must have forgotten to actually comprehend that theiving was the whole point of the post. Keep up the good work Zippy the pinhead.

You can get exercise DVDs for a lot less.

You *** ***. You do realize that Comcast has NO control over who Fit TV shows as their trainers. Oops I forgot you don't otherwise you wouldn't have posted such a petty complaint.

View more comments (3)
Review

Comcast in Tallahassee, Florida - Every concievable aspect of their business is Terrible

I just wanted to tell you guys that I am moving in a month and cant wait. I will finally be done with comcast. This will be the second happiest day of my life, second only to buying my own home. I cant believe ive put up with your services for over two years, and just felt that it was time to voice my opinion. All Ive ever wanted from you guys was consistent internet, as I am a student. Not once, in the entire history of being your customer have I felt that the level of service, both internet and support, have ever once justified the costs. If it wasnt for online classes, I would have terminated our relationship eons ago. I also feel it is my duty to get at least 5 different households, friend and family, to switch from comcast to whoever your competitor is. I then intend to follow this up with getting each of those five to do the same. Needless to say, your ability to provide basic service has been truly exemplary in the depths of failure you have achieved. Good day.

Loss

Comcast in Olathe, Kansas - Price is ridiculous!!!

I called to down size my plan because 60.00 dollars a month for a few more channels is ***. With the "economy" plan I lose ON DEMAND, which is fine with me but the guy tells me that the little extension box in the bedroom will longer work and I will have to plug to TV in the wall just to get the little local channels. I do have the option of paying for a "box" for an extra 8.00 dollars a month if I want the economy package in my room. Nice. Rip, rip , rip off........I am about to get one the "converter"boxes and say forget it to cable companies. People, the only way to stop companies like this is to boycott. Lack of business is the only way to to wake them up.

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email asking you to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN

8) :grin :p

I have JUST basic and it is now almost 16/month-a few months ago it was 13 and it started out at 5/month

and you just get ***-plus they pull channels... can't see paying their prices to upgrade since I am not a big tv watcher-when I called years ago to change- they thought i wanted to 'upgrade' and when I said I just want the BASIC to just keep it on- they did 'turn' on me.................... :?

bobhead

*** those prices,

Comcast will burn in ***.

na must be a high level Comcast exec - great cust service - agree with us or leave LOL ROFL LMAO 8) :p :grin :) :zzz :upset :?

If you don't want to pay the prices then go elsewhere and stop complaining!!!! Get a life.

Ginsburg v. Comcast Corporation et al, case number 2:11-cv-01959 western washington district court and king county (WA) superior court case #11-2-34714-1

If you search king county (WA) superior court records Comcast is being sued for not paying unemployment taxes they owe to employment security department

Plain and simple, Customers need to form a class action against Comcast(now Xfinity)for,

1- Price gouging.

2- Unfair business practices.

3- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

4- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

5- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

6- Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

7- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

8- False advertising.

There you have it folks, 8 good and valid reasons for a class action against Comcast.

The problem is for some reason people are afraid of forming a class action against this company...

I am looking for another company. Can you imagine $180 a month just for tv and internet?

Not even the highest types either, just mid level

$8 per box for 3 tvs HD PLus a $12 HD tech fee each month PLUS a $7 for something called a super HD so just for HD alone we pay $40.

For internet we are paying $64.00

For televison Digital starter NO MOVIE CHANNELS $65

So for JUST BASIC COMCAST TV and INTERNET nearly $200 a month? I don't want this anymore

Seems way too high

View more comments (8)

Worst Company Ever Comcast

I recently moved and transferred my service since then i have had my service turned off twice, been sent 3 digital boxes which none of them have worked. I was supposed to have a service call and they didn't show up for their appointment, Home the of the customer guarantee please this is the worst service I've ever seen. The lack luster attitude that they have for getting probelms resloved should not be tollerated. Their needs to be some type of accountablitly to hold these huge companies to treat their customers better. I can't stand for this

8) :grin :p

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards (MOMO) sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

#411988

On 11/16/11, I paid Xfinity $339.89 for an alarm system they were supposed to install on 12/3/11.On 12/3/11 I took the morning off from work (losing $100), so I could be at the house when they came to install the alarm, from 8 am 12 pm.On 12/3/11, at 11:55 am, Xfinity called and said that, even though they had charged me $339, they had no alarm equipment, so they had to reschedule for 12/16/11. Again, on 12/16/11, I took the morning off from work (losing again $100).At 12 pm on 12/16/11 (they were supposed to come between 8 am - 12 pm), Xfinity called and said that there had been a problem and they had to reschedule AGAIN for 12/23/11.

On 12/23/11 a very nice guy came at around 2:30 pm, and spent the whole afternoon trying to get the alarm system to work. He left at 7:30 pm and I still didnt have an alarm. I called at 8pm on 12/23/11 to request a refund. The representative said that I would only get $50 refunded!

I asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor said that I would get my $339 refunded in 3 business days. After more than a week passed, I called again on 1/3/12 and spoke with the same supervisor. He then told me that I would get the $339 refunded in 5 business days.

On 1/13/12 I still didnt had the money refunded, so again I called. This time, the incompetent representative told me that the account didnt show that I paid $339! As I had the December 2011 bill and my bank account statement that showed the charge staring at me, I asked to talk to a supervisor. I was told that a supervisor would call me in 15 minutes.

After more than an hour passed without a call from a supervisor, I again called and was told the same thing, that a supervisor would call me in 15 minutes. Im still waiting for that call. I want my $ refunded now!

I used the money for my cable/Internet bill to buy an alarm system from another company, thinking that those idiots would then credit my account if making a refund if it was too difficult or intricate for their limited intellects, and now Comcast is threatening to disconnect my account, even though they owe me more than what is due on the account! WORST COMPANY EVER!!!

its apparent you learned how to complain when you were a child before you learned how to spell properly.

View more comments (3)

Comcast in Puyallup, Washington - Billing and change of name

I have been a client of Comcast ever since they came to Washington. They had my personal and business service. Two years ago, I canceled my personal service, they raised my rate for internet, phone and TV to $164.00 per month. I went to Dish TV and lowered my rate to $99 without internet. I tried to change the business name on my billing from the former insurance company to Lake Tapps Insurance. Nine months later it still isn't done. Caller ID on you TV, still shows the former company. I am sitting here on hold with Comcast, trying to get them to correct the problems for the 5th time. I'm not holding my breath. Comcast is not on my Christmas Wish list.

Comcast you *** suck

Update by user Dec 23, 2011

Oh and *** again...just making sure you got it

Original review posted by user Dec 23, 2011

Just *** Comcast. You suck balls....for a company who tries to take over you should have the best service....I just hate you. *** you *** *** you *** You *** *** you *** You you suck you suck fuckypu You sick kiss my *** you *** basic cable is more enjoyable during sex at least I have dome to watch without getting pissed. You still suck....*** you ***....wait this channel should be available shortly...*** you you suck I hate your service...and *** you some more. If God had cable it wouldn't be yours

I really think you have Tourette's syndrome and a fetish for naughty dirty talk or something. Please buy book or an encylopedia and learn other words.

Try some medication for that repititious *** *** comng out of your thoughts and everywhere else. Godd lawd. I am sorry to hear about your sick kiss. Thanks for warning everyone though.

Thanks for sharing the disgusting aspect of your sex life while watching a dome.

Quite a visual. YUK.

1- Price gouging.

2- Unfair business practices.

3- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

4- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

8- False advertising.

View more comments (2)

COMCAST IS THE WORST

COMCAST HAS THE WORST SERVICE,TECHNITIANS,AND CUSTOMER REPS,THEY CAME FOR THE FOURTH TIME TO FIX A PROBLEM WITH MY FAX LINE AND LEFT ME WITH NO PHONE LINES OVER 3 HOURS AT MY BUISNESS.AFTER REPEATED CALLS TO SUPERVISORS NO ANSWERS AND NO RETURN PHONE CALLS.OVER ONE HALF HOUR TWO TIMES JUST TO GET A HUMAN ON THE PHONE THAT DOSNT KNOW ANYTHING.THECHNITIANS CAME 4 TIMES 2 TIMES WITH NO HARWARE TO REPAIR THE PROBLEM WITH.THE MOST INCOMPTENT PEOPLE I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH.AND THE WORST PART IS NO ONE YOU TALK TO SEEMS TO CARE WHATSOEVER.

Comcast XI2go SUCKS

I got the COMCAST USB adapter, the so called XI2go or Comcast internet to go 3 months ago. The service literally sucks. You have to run a program, XFINITY, to activate the comcast USB adapter and connect to internet. That is not so unusual. The problem is that this program is constantly freezing. Everytime the screen goes to sleep the program stops and I have to constantly Ctr+Alt+Del to open the task manager, kill the XFINITY manager and restart it again. It is slow to connect to internet, sometimes it takes 1 minute, when a simple USB WiFi adapter does it in seconds. If that was not enough when I tried to cancel the service I was told that there was an early termination fee of $150, which the representative that sold me the service over the phone failed to tell me.

Comcast Cable TV

I recently upgraded my service and a technition came out to install a new internet modem. He also replaced one of our HD receivers with a recorder HD reciever and then replaced another generic box with an HD box. I did not order this. When I called to complain I was told it was my fault because we let him install it. Well I was not home at the time and my son did not know any better. Now I have to waste my time and money to return these items. I am considering dumping Comcast and going with a Dish network. Who knows how much they will raise my bill after the year contract is over.