Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast employees are ignorant

I ordered internet service through Comcast, as my wife is enrolled in online classes and we are in the process of moving. The service was set to be installed. Rather than calling her at home, which was the directions given to them. They called me out of town in meetings and unable to help them. They went to the wrong address which was reviewed three times by my request to ensure they could provide service to the new address. I found out after the issue arose not only did they call the wrong number repeatedly, they can't provide service to my new residence. Therefore I wasted my time, and my wife waited for three hours on someone who went to the wrong address, and I still don't have service. I can't believe this went through three reviews and was not caught even when I specifically asked. If this is the type of service provided why even waste your time dealing with people who can't do their job.

Comcast Internet Service

Comcast is not worth the money nor the headache

Comcast service is both expensive and spotty. I am paying $62 a month for JUST internet...customer service is horrible, and I have no other choice but to use their service. Their scam is to get you in for a "promotional period" and 6 months later, raise your prices, and again, raise their prices 6 months again. I paid $35 for the first 6 months, $45 the after that, and now $62 after that. This company can do this because they have very little competition in most locations, very little I (or most others) can do. If you have an option, I recommend that you stay away from Comcast by all means.

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email asking you to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN 8) :grin :p

View more comments (1)
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast review in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: Com cast continues to bill after termination

On 23 Dec2011 I terminated my com cast contract. Turned in all equipment and told the lady at the office to give me a final bill so I could be done with their outlandish billing practices. She gave me a bill I paid it in full. She assured me that everything was fine. 2 weeks later I receive a bill in my email for my final bill. I went to the local office where I live now and they tell me they can't access records from other geographic areas. And to pay the email bill or my credit will be effected. I have no recourse unless I drive all the way back to Florida. This is unbelievable!

Same issue; my son finished college in Pittsburgh Aug 2013. Paid final bill.

Almost a year later, he gets a bill for the month after he returned to CA. We go to the local Comcast office, get the same "can't access another region". Get bills from ECN (contracted out of Florida to collect for Comcast). Write letters.

More than a year later, Comcast Pittsburgh is claiming he still has an outstanding bill. Bunch of pierogi-eating idiots.

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN 8) :grin :p

Review
I am sick of the "dial up" speed for the alleged "high speed" and the design sucks too. They added this (at a glance) for email. It is yet another slow step to get to email that does not work. Did they ever look at another service like AOL. It sucks, it's slow...

No Comcast Refund

On November 18, 2011 I terminated my Comcast service and delivered the equipment to local Comcast office. Since then I have been trying to get my refund. Everytime I call I get then same story that the service will not be terminated until a serviceman goes to the pole outside my house and "cuts the wire" so to speak. That date is Jauary 6, 2012. Today is January 13, 2012 and I still don't have the refund check. They freely admit that they owe me a refund but will not send it until the wire is cut. So, they have been using my refund interest free since November 18th. Multiply that times millions of customers and they are making interest on money that is not theirs.

Comcast makes no interest off a refund if the account hasn't been disconnected at the pole yet. The system will still show a balance for services until the disco goes through and at that time credits/ adjustments are applied by the system to show the refund amount.

Agents have to look at future statements to determine your projected refund amount. Plus you should see the thousands of accounts charged off from customers who never paid what they owed or never returned equipment....

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards (MOMO) sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

View more comments (3)
Review

Comcast Businesss Class Internet Sucks!!!!!!!!

Update by user Mar 05, 2012

You know is really sad that this company has done nothing no email, phone, nothing!!! Tells you where we stand with them!!!

Update by user Jan 25, 2012

You will never guess what this company did now....The payment was rejected by them and now they are charging me a late fee!!!!!!! This company sucks.....!!!!!!!

Original review posted by user Jan 12, 2012

I have been with Comcast for several years and this past year I moved. I took my service with me and have had a terrible service since I moved. They started saying it was my computer then the router (which now after a year I have had it replace six times) and then they stated it was the lines. Now they are back to it is the router and once again they want to charge me $99.95 to come to my house to fix it ( which I have paid several times this past year). Then this month with no warning they start charging $7.00 for the *** router. I have been paying $60.00 a month and now an additional $8.50 ( $7.00 plus taxes ). I called to discuses this with them and their only answer was for me to discounted the service .....so I guess that is what I going to do............. I run a small business and if I started to charge for additional things and treat my customer the way they do I would be out of business!!!!!

Comcast review in Greenville, Alabama: Upset Customer who paid early

My name is Ashley Edlund and I am a brand new Comcast customer, who is about to drop the company completely. I payed my first bill early on the 22nd of December. It was due January 1st. I payed it online through your website with my checking account. I entered my checking account routing number, etc. Because I payed the bill early, I thought I wasn't seeing the charge on my account because it didn't go through until later. So when I didn't see the charge right before the bill was due, I called Comcast and they told me I owed them 64 dollars in returned check fees because my account had insufficient funds. I knew my bank account had enough money in it, so I called the bank and they verified that the account never had insufficient funds. I also double checked the routing number with the bank and they said it was correct. So I then just payed the 64 dollars. I called Comcast again and they said I needed to print out the bank statement, go to a Comcast building and the charges would be reversed. I live in Dothan, Alabama and went to my nearest Comcast building. I showed them my bank statement, and they said my payment of 64 dollars was received. I saw that it went through my checking account Wednesday, January 11th. I came home after work and all my services were locked. No cable, no internet. My apartment pays for the cable, so I don't understand why that I was locked. I called Comcast again and they said I owe another 30 dollars for check fees, after my 64 dollars already went through and cleared. And that until I pay the 30 dollars, everything is locked.

I have a list from august 2nd 2012 to now (Aug 25th) of service interruptions. This has been going on for FOUR FREAKING YEARS ...

List of dates of service interruptions

- August 2nd

- internet 11:04-11:19am and 12:39-3:59pm

Product
Comcast Account
Loss
Let me say first that I generally like Comcast products, and I have been a subscriber to Digital TV, Hi Speed Internet, and Telephone service for over 4 years. What I do not like are the shoddy business practices. This includes the practice of renting digital converter...

I had the same experience where Comcast just decided that the NEW modem I bought off of Amazon.com (from Amazon.com as the seller) was stolen! What??? Of course in their system they registered it as their inventory on about the same day that I registered for my internet service (few days after I bought it from Amazon.com) And they don't have the S/N of the device (instead they have the MAC ID as the S/N).

View more comments
Review
So for 6 months, we were paying for 20 mb speed, but had really *** service. we were then going to be charged for more for the same *** service so we complained. things that we learned: 1) we found out that we shouldve received a new modem that could process 20 mb...

8) :grin :p

View more comments

Comcast Lies

I received Comcast Business Internet in May of 2011. I was told at that time by Mario Rodriguez that my interet charge would remain the same for one full year. I received my current invoice and it went up $2.50. I called Comcast Business customer service and was told that it did not matter what I was told when I signed up, that per their legal fine print, they can raise my rates whenever they like. They sent out a mailer last month notifying me of additional charges and per the customer service rep, they are within their rights. We are talking about $2.50. I asked her to please credit me for four months the $2.50 or $10 over four months and she said no. That again it did not matter what I was told or what was in my contract, they cannot help me. Now I will look again for an alternative to their internet service. $10.00 is more important to them then a customer who has always paid her bills on time for many many years.

If you can't afford it, then don't buy it. It's really that simple.

I want a new Ferrari, but I know I can't afford the payments and insurance so I don't sign up for the agreements.

You signed, you pay.

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

Ginsburg v. Comcast Corporation et al, case number 2:11-cv-01959 western washington district court and king county (WA) superior court case #11-2-34714-1

I can't begin to go into all the details of how Comcast has not only lied numerous times in their Customer Service Dept, Retention, and even Dispatch. I have written down every name, the numerous hours I have been on hold (one time for 80 minutes), and the different stories each and every one of the people have said.

But, the most interesting of all is the Technician that came out to our home to install our cable, phone, & internet. He went out to his truck and NEVER came back! He did not let me know why he left. I have tried to reach someone/anyone to have a person come back out but....not yet!

Is this madness! I think so.