Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast in Forestdale, Massachusetts - Customer service

I called tv was not working correctly the service rep. did not speak english well at all, I told her I could not understand her direction, and may I please have another rep. but no response so finally had to hang up and redial. next rep was fine. This has happened before calling comcast. You clearly need to hire reps that have maybe slight accents. I am sure there are plenty people out there that speak better english. It is very annoying when you have a problem, never mind trying to communicate to a rep that does not speak English very well.

Comcast in Manchester, New Hampshire - PISSED EMPLOYEE

Ok children, stop calling comcast and pretending that you were unaware of your promo rates ending. last time I checked and believe me it's part of my job to check the competitor prices and their PROMOS and trust me their promo deals ends also. You can't call up and demand a price You think it's the right price.If half of you so called pissed customers started your own business and gave your product away without making profit,then you won't be in business for long. Stop crying, pay up and research!btw comcast movie channels $19.95 Fios-$21.95! RESEARCH!

I never took one of your promos, and it was Comcast that Hijacked my internet Without Notice when they pushed another independent company out of business and took it over.

When will Comcast Reps stop telling me that it is Always MY equipment that does not work right but when your repair people " Finally " show up, it is always a Comcast Problem out in the street somewhere ?

Comcast should be paying ME for all the time I have to stay home from work waiting for service people that do not show up on schedule. Could YOU run a business if you had to hang around all day waiting for service people that can't keep appointments ?

I now have one of your competitors in here as a backup for my Internet, when yours goes down and I have to wait over a week for service, your competitors internet works just fine and at only 20 bucks a month ! ANd that is NOT a Promo Price either ! More than half the price of Comcast and many times it is even Faster than Comcastic Fraudband !

Ouit Crying Comcast and stop telling people it is Always their equipment that is bad and Never Comcasts ! You know there are some technical people that are subscribers who just may know more about your system than you do !

Yay! Finally...

I get that *** all the time. People call in and ask why their bill increased. Duh! Your promo is over.

Every company has promos and they expire at a certain point. So don't call to threaten to cancel your services. Shut up and cancel already. PS if your on a fixed income.

The only service you need is phone service. It's nobody fault but yours that you didn't plan for the future.

View more comments (2)

Comcast

*** You ***! *** *** expensive service for *** *** 250gb WTF YOu dirty mother *** go *** off and burn in *** all of you. I can't believe this ***, my rates were raised every singkle month since I joined. It went from 50$ to 80$ a month are your *** kidding me. What good is high speed when you have a god *** cap on that *** . since when did I start paying for giga bytes *** holes . My bill specifically states unlimited internet. access you *** *** and you want to cancell my account for going over 250gb You *** everything is streaming media and digital downloads now days , it's *** easy to go over 250gb, jesus christ , downloading a game from steam already kills like 20gigs!! *** you guys

Loss

Comcast dumped Universal Sports. I dump Comcast.

Comcast says Universal Sports dumped them. Universal Sports has been running ads to keep USN on cable. Sorry folks, I believe USN. Frankly, this will be it for me. I'm moving to satellite. Everytime I have a problem - it's not Comcast's problem. When it IS their problem. Constantly have internet that drops and it's never their problem. This one is now it - I watch USN exclusively. As I told the agent I just spoke with when she said that USN refuses to work with Comcast...it's takes two sides in a negotiation and it hasn't been Comcast that has been prodding viewers to contact the providers, it has been USN. Come on, folks, I am now paying the same for a line up that has now changed. I don't need another "paid advertising" channel - I want back what I signed up for.

brian_roberts@comcast.com is email address of CEO of Comcast

Please bring back Usn. It was my favorite sports station.loved the track and field.

I have sent many a comment and requests to Comcast as to why Universal Sports is not on and never got a response. I called and spoke to 2 different reps and was told that they didn't know why. :( :(

So,

In an Olympic year, you decided to pull Universal Sports from free cable, including parent company Comcast, and put it on DirectTV, meaning people who were fans of Unirversal Sports, and wondering why it was mismanaged in such a way that the only ads it could attract were C-class ***, are now faced with switching to satellite, and then paying extra for an expanded package, which in an overwhelming number of cases won't happen.

Or, if they do decide to switch, in a fantastic assbackwards strategy of reverse synergy, IT WILL BE AWAY FROM PARENT COMPANY COMCAST, who just bought Universal Sports, I assume to make money. I just can't figure that one out.

Brilliant! In an Olympic year! Exactly when viewership of an Olympic sports station, if managed competently, which it hasn't, would spike! So now, I gather, the two arms of Comcast are negotiating with eachother, and apparently not coming to agreement, because Universal Sports is still dark on cable in all forms, which means it is making no money at all.

Oh, and that *** astroturf campaign, where viewers were supposed to contact their provider and plea for Universal Sports, as if it was the providers who were changing the deal! As if the providers weren't actually owners of Universal Sports! No mention made of Universal's repositioning strategy. So we were supposed to stay ignorant while being conned into doing your work for you! That's hilarious, in a Carl Rove sort of way. What a way to build support!

In the meantime, viewers are moving on and giving up, and it will be a fight to get them back. That is, the ones, such as myself, who aren't furious. The only way that US management could be happy with these results is if they intended to actually kill this station in a way that generates the greatest amount of confusion and ill will. My comments above are misinformed or missing the mark? Well, perhaps it is because a big fan, who is very interested in the station, and knows his way around the internet, CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT THE *** IS GOING ON!

Do you remember the Netflix fiasco? This is actually a much worse case of arrogance, mismanagement and misleading communication, and the only reason it isn't a bigger deal is because, unlike Netflix, US has never managed to figure out how to be successful in the first place. Another thing I can't figure out: Marathoning, cross-country skiing, swimming, gymnastics, etc. . .these are sports followed by the highest-achieving students and eventually the highest income professionals in the country. You found no way to reach them?

In conclusion, whether you are incompetent or merely duplicitous, you are shmucks. Feel free to circulate this letter. I will.

Comcast is abysmal. With Universal Sports being dumped it's the last straw - I'm on to Direct TV.

There is a group of us who get together to watch the Alpine Skiing and we'll get it one way or the other. You're spot on about them not taking any responsiblity for anything, the fact that the TV in the bedroom does not get HD of course is our fault etc.... For the love of God, if after listening over the phone to the longest line of B.S. instructions leading to an absurd "kabuki dance" to correct it didn't work, don't you think you could send a tech out?

They're like th old joke when Bell monopolized the phone companys. "We're the phone company (insert "Cable"), we don't have to care....

Comcast just lost a lawsuit filed by the Tennis Channel for favoring their own channels over ones they don't own. Because of this, they won't pick up Universal Sports until someone like Time Warner does first.

Universal Sports was distributed via Multi-cast, which means it sat on additional bandwidth that local NBC affiliate channels are required to have available.

They are moving off of multicast to regular cable in a sports tier in order to collect cable subscriber fees (from the cable companies) to fund the increase of the production value of the network and provide better programming. DirecTV was the first one to offer them distribution in this form and they are working on additional deals with Time Warner, Verizon VIOS, Comcast, etc.

I'm considering dropping my digital preferred package because Comcast has dropped Universal Sports. Universal Sports wasn't part of the package, but this is my way of showing my displeasure.

If I could drop Comcast entirely I might do it, but we get bulk service at my condo building and I'm charged for basic cable through my monthly assessment whether I want it or not.

Universal Sports is one of my favorite channels and even after a couple of days I'm already missing it! The "negotiations" response from Comcast customer service seems absurd considering Comcast owns Universal Sports!

Isn't it strange that Comcast says is was dumped by Universal Sports when Comcast owns 100 percent of Universal Sports. I too will be leaving Comcast!

View more comments (8)

Comcast Played Games With My Very Life

Comcast was due to set up internet today in a new apartment I am moving into, scheduled to arrive between 9 and 11 am. At 11:30, I called to see what the hold-up was and was told I'd get a call back within 1/2 an hour. No call. So I called again. To the second CSR, I explained that I was a diabetic who needs regular meals and can't be waiting around all day for the technician. They promised me a call back too, which never came. I called a third time, same result. By now it was 12:45. I called again, and spoke with a supervisior, Cecelia, who was helpful and did call me back at 1:20 to tell me the technician would be here by 2. Then I called again, fifteen minutes later, to confirm this and to make my complaints about the horrendous service so far. The supervisor I spoke to this time around was horribly rude, speaking over me and talking to me like a child when she didn't even understand what I was telling her. How Comcast has managed to become so successful when they treat their customers like *** and display NO accountability or concern for their clients is beyond me. And if I ever see the second supervisor I spoke with today on the street, I will leave her mangled body in a heap of blood and regret for how uncaring and awful she was. I cannot even describe the rage I feel at Comcast and its *** customer service department right now, so I guess this is the place to end.

I was thinking of getting Comcast until I read all these comments. Thank you to the contributers.

I will not choose Comcast.

I now have AT&T UVerse, and they pulled a dirty trick too, on New Year's day, without warning, and even without tech support knowing about it. We are at their mercy.

when does comcast become resposible for you, your condition, or your sense of childishness and psycho babble and incoherant thoughts and ideas. Do you not have food in your home?

Really, seriously.

Get a life and or a better excuse. No one can be this ignorant.

No this particular complain has merit. Sorry to hear about what happened, i work in sales and honestly you got unlucky with the reps you got.

Unfortunately, attitude is not a uniform idea around here...to answer your question about the success part...Its because the majority of our customers go through their comcast experience without barely a roadbump. oh and they like their service iguess.

Comcast has so may customers you are just 1 *** on out of thousands!!!! Get another carrier!!! How *** can you be?

So you are at home waiting for the cable guy to come and you can't eat because?

How is Comcast responsible for your diabetic condition? That's YOUR responsibility. Apparently your concern for TV/Internet/Whatever outweighs your concern for your condition but you can't blame Comcast for any of this.

View more comments (6)

Comcast Cable

We had a home phone line and dvr hooked up in our home. We already had exiting service and have been customers for years. We pay our bill on time and every month. The techinican they sent here ran the cable line along the wall over a dresser and through the middle of the room across a set of golf clubs to hook to the tv. He left all the old equipment here and lines hanging all over the desk. He was very rude and unprofessional. When checking to see if the phone was working he was making flirting conversation with the female on the other end of the line. He left in a hurry and when we asked him about the cable he said it was not his problem. We asked to talk to a supervisor he said he would have his call us. This never happened. I have talked to cable company numerous times and never recieved a return call from them. On one of my calls to them the lady took off the insulation fee which I cant believe they had the nerve to charge me anyway.

Comcast just keeps getting GREEDY

We lost our wireless connection, called Comcast to get "support" from tech dept. They told me they only provide the cable/internet. If I wanted help with my computer connection. I would "HAVE TO PAY EXTRA FOR THE HELP." They really have to be out of there minds. Or A friend of the CEO's needed work for his company. And they are working together to screw us one more way. Just a couple of months ago we added a computer and they helped us with setting it up to be wireless. We should all cut out the extras for several months and let it hit their pockets. Just to remind them, without US the customers, they wouldn't have what they do. Maybe they over spent their budget and are trying to make up the money. When I called the Corp. Office. I was told, someone would get back to me. When I asked when they said they didn't know. GO figure.

Yeah, comcast is ***... over priced ***!

my bill it 98 a month...

i shouldnt have to watch SD on my HD tv! I dont wanna zoom in!

comcast is the worst company ever ! We paid them to bury some cable wires and they never showed up we kept talking to managers ...

they dont care finally after 2 months they showed up un prepared to work and a month later it finally got done and still not done right ... plus they take over certain areas which make it so you cant get another company and drop them ... i was told by att that we could never get thier internet tv service due to comcast.

Alot of ppl dont want comcast they just dont have a choice... unless they want to live as the amish do ...........

Tv and internet = Luxuries, not necessities. Alternatives?

1) Learn technology. Its the 21st century honestly.

2) Need services for work/schooL? >>>>>> Dialup/DSL/publiclibrary/

3) Too expesnsive? Overtime.

4) Bad experience? Leave em.

5) Mad about what you've read so far? Your probably a grouchy person anyways.

Yes i understand that alot of people that hate comcast have legitimate reasons to do so and voice their cause. It could be due to lazy, unknowledgeable, or uncaring workers/reps. But On the other hand generalization should never be embraced by modern civil people and while it does seem to be a large # of complaints. The vast majority of the 47million customers have no issues. Sometimes its not them...sometimes its us.

Reflect :)

How greedy you are...your wireless is your responsibility!!!! Comcast provides internet, tv and phone...those are the services. Comcast is not there to hold your hand as far as your equipment is working.....read the directions!!!!

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

Ginsburg v. Comcast Corporation et al, case number 2:11-cv-01959 western washington district court and king county (WA) superior court case #11-2-34714-1

If you search king county (WA) superior court records Comcast is being sued for not paying unemployment taxes they owe to employment security department

I agree with DUH if you can't fix your own device you should pay someone to do it for you. And to Comcast will go under if it was the connection then no computers would work not just one. :cry

Plain and simple, Customers need to form a class action against Comcast(now Xfinity)for,

A- Price gouging.

B- Unfair business practices.

C- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

D- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

E- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

*** Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

G- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

H- False advertising.

There you have it folks, 8 good and valid reasons for a class action against Comcast.

The problem is for some reason people are afraid of forming a class action against this company...

PS 'DUH which applies. It wasn't the computer.

It was the connection.

But Im sure your mom told you, you know everything. :grin

First let me say hi comcast employee. For the amount of money that is paid to them monthly.

They should off support. Comcast dirt ***. Not to mention they have offered support here where I live.

So yes, now its about the money to them. Wake up sleepy

Stop being cheap and hire someone to help you. Comcast can't help you fix your computer anymore than Ford is interested in giving you free driving lessons.

View more comments (9)
Review

Comcast in Chicago, Illinois - Second time in three months they made me pissed beyond belief

This is the second time in the last three months I've had to write in about an issue, Comcast has by far the WORST customer service I have ever dealt with. The first time, even after several phone calls and online chats you refused to disconnect my service at my old house after I moved. Now, I am even more frustrated than I was the first time. I canceled my internet because I was so angry at the company after the hoops you made me jump through when I moved. Firstly, I never had the internet installed, and yet it was never removed off of my bill, so I was paying for services I never had. So after while when I decided to come back and have the internet, I was told to come to the local office and pick up some equipment and then I would be all set. I work the same hours as the local center so I asked to have them mailed. They never were mailed. Then after some time of waiting, I had to take time off of work to go pick up the equipment. Then I get it set up, and surprise! It does not work. So I called the company and was transferred over and over again until after about an hour I was frustrated enough to stop trying. This calling process was repeated twice and then again over live chat another two times. So this is about four or five hours of my life WASTED trying to get the service that I pay for to actually work. Not to mention the money I lost when I had to *** of work. This is all out of pocket time and money that I am using on this company, to do Comcasts job. Then, finally after OVER a month of trying to get the thing to work I am told I have to get a service call to have the wall jack installed. Basically Comcast is stealing my money. Why am I paying money for services I cannot get to work? Why am I spending all my time and taking off of work to do something that should have been done? Really I would like to know why it is that not a single employee that I spoke to before this day could not have told me that I need a service call, or in fact why was I instructed to spend my gas and time to go and get equipment, that was supposed to be mailed to me? So after spending all of this (which for someone who is working pay check to pay check trying to keep up with bills, is a pretty big deal) Comcast really has the audacity to ask me to pay for yet another set up/service call? Really!? Well, I think not.

I would never have spent all that time you spent on this matter....you must be a very desperate illiterate person.

Or- I don’t like spending my money for nothing in return. I would rather spend my time than my money.

Paying thirty dollars a month for something I don’t have, starts to add up. And how on earth does the "illiterate" part even come into play?

If I was unable to read or write how would I read my bills, work a full time job, go to school, write this letter, or even respond to you? I think someone should have gotten a dictionary for Christmas.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Comcast is not a professional company

Their customer service sucks. on hold waiting to speak to a customer rep is 45 min. You pay ur bill on line by check a week later they still have not taken that amount from your bank and diconnect your service. THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ME TWICE AND i HAVE ONLY HAD THEIR SERVICE FOR 4 MONTHS. NO WONDER EVERYONE I KNOW HAS DIRECT TV now . GOOD BYE COMCAST HOPE YOU GO OUT OF BUISSNESS! I will never recommend them to anyone. i have never seen a company ran so poorly in my life. Direct tv here i come. bye

Loss

Comcast: my complaint resolved!

I've been to ticked off by Comcast for the last time. High prices racked my wallet since they were the only carrier at my complex. When they officially disconnected me I officially decided to divorce them. I called and got many rude reps. I wanted my device officially turned off. Three months later I was still getting bills even though I had paid the final balance. I called again. More rude sales associates. This time I wrote down their names and wrote a letter to corporate. I ACTUALLY GOT A WRITTEN RESPONSE from the local location. The name of department is Corporate Escalations. The address is 8505 West Tidwell Road, Houston Texas 77040. PHONE to Ashley Law is 713-895-2488. Hopes this helps someone! I got all my fees removed and found out THEY OWED ME MONEY!