Show reviews that mention
service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem people account
Filter review

Comcast Nightmare

We have been trying to transfer our Comcast service from our old address to our new home. We had an install appointment on Saturday, 8/16/08, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. They didn't come. We called and were told the technician would call us but to call back in 1 hr. if we weren't contacted. When we called back in an hr., we were directed to call back during regular business hours. Starting at 9 a.m. on Sunday, we called and were told our ticket had been escalated and to call back every hour until the technician arrived, which we did. (please keep in mind, we were also attempting to move) Everytime we called, we were put on terminal hold, transferred to dead lines, or someone's voicemail. We were told we had a 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. service appointment and to respect that appointment and quit calling but then told before hanging up to continue calling every hour. We were told they had attempted to come on Saturday but we were here. I was here all day Saturday. We were told they never came Saturday. We were told we already had service at the new address and did we want to cancel it. The call center is in Mexico City, several times they transferred us to a Houston, Tx call center but on other calls, we were told they could not transfer us. We were not allowed to speak to supervisors. We were told they were too busy or that they couldn't help us but would not speak to us. Once, the person I was speaking to put me on hold and came back and said he was the supervisor, that he had no supervisor, that he had no one who supervised his work or that he reported to and that he could not help us in anyway. Then I was told that we never had an installment appointment, as it was Sunday and that I should call back on Monday. We were told several times that someone would be calling us, no one ever did. Comcast charges for installation so we were paying to be abused. Finally, late Sunday night, a very nice man came and attempted to install service. Our internet is up (Thank God, as my husband's job requires he have home internet service at all times...he is on call) but our cable television is barely functional. We brought our old cable converter box to trade for a dvr/high def box. The installer didn't have the box we had ordered days previously. Instead of the channel package we had before/and were supposed to continue to have, we have part of basic cable. And we have yet another appointment to continue the install...on Tuesday. Does this mean the weekend's nightmare is unending? My suggestion to everyone is: if you have any other choice for internet/cable service, do NOT use Comcast.
Houston, Texas

Comcast: The Truth about Your Complaints

I used to work for Comcast for 4 years in the NE. Be advised their internal attitude toward consumers is "they can't touch us". Comcast management, especially the Roberts, know they have more money and lawyers than any customer. When they say they will work on an issue, it goes into a dead letter file. Their people are taught to confuse and obfuscate. They love it when someone threatens to sue because there is nothing you can do to them. Change service, don't use them, badmouth them whenever you can. It's all you can do. If you work for them, their HR Department is instructed to look for anything and everything they can place in an employee file which they can use later when firing. There is also no secret in the company that when there are public hearings Comcast hires people to sit in the audience and take the corporate line. This was recently a story in the Boston Globe when they were caught, and their legal department didn't even flinch. Remember, your complaints to Comcast go absolutely nowhere and they are not interested in doing anything to resolve them. The company mantra is "we can outlast and outspend anyone in any dispute". Be warned, and spread the word.

very unhappy with this company, when i first called them for service they were so helpful in getting me set up, they emailed me a contract i signed electronically on line, there technician hooked up my service a few days later, and the problems started there. the tech.

did a very sloppy job, left wires hanging everywhere, hooked up my cable box backwards, i had to get another tech. out to make wiring repairs, my contract stated that my total reoccuring monthly bill would be $72.85, and was under a 2 year agreement. my first monthly bill was $112.85. that took me an hour on the phone to straighten out.

then we are a commercial account and require our entire legal name on our statement or it effects business license with the state. comcast said that they couldnt fit our entire name on our statement, and would in no way type up a letter head stating our business relationship. my business license is being held up because of their lack of concern for their customers.

when i told them if i couldnt provide the needed documents to state i would be forced to use a different supplier, he immediately transfered me to the disconnect dept. hows that for customer apprrecation?

Being in the business world all my life with the last 20 as a senior executive, it amazes me how poorly run they are especially in customer service. If I treated my customers the way they treat me, I would have been fired.

Actually I would have fired myself!They are the worst in the country so, I will be leaving them and saving money each month. Get a life Comcast!

@PissedConsumer522139

LOL

They need to be shut down period. Their customer service is completely worthless.

Nothing but a bunch of liars. I will spend every waking moment of my life either until they fix everything or remove everything and set me back up with my old phone company.

By the way I have only been dealing with them for 2 weeks. Let everyone know not to ever deal with them again.

@PissedConsumer409575

These are the most impossible, horrible people to deal with. Since 11/29/12 I have spoken to 11 people trying to fix my bill.

They say I owe them money for months I didn't have their service. Of all of these people only 1 has helped me and they refuse to let me speak to him. They refuse to transfer my calls to an English speaking person.I recently (3/21/13) spent an hour and a half trying to get my service reconnected. I had a payment schedule to pay one last payment or my service would be suspended.

Keep in mind all of this trouble began in their own billing department. I was told unless it was paid service would be off. I immediately came home from work on 3/21 to pay bill. I turned on the TV and, guess what, it was off.

To make a long story short 1 1/2 hours later they say I owe them $132.

I wish Comcast would lose there license so no one would have to deal with them. I hate this company :x

Incompetence is rampant in the customer service and technical service departments. We would NOT use them if we had a choice.

The technician who came to set up our telephone and cable service was unable to set up one of the cable connections (bad box) and he made no attempt to fix it. He also spent 2 hours in my home without a clue how to set up the phone system (note - the previous owner had used comcast and had a landline). Eventually my husband went to the crawl space and made the phone connection. The tech was dumbfounded.

We just spent 2 hours on the phone and computer with their customer service. The phone technician was late. They had assured me I would be compensated $20 if the tech was late. Instead, they want to charge me $15 to have someone come and connect the cable that was never accurately connected.

In our conversations we were transferred to 8 different people. The phone issue was resolved (after the initial Comcast representative had me switch a cable to the wrong port) and finally someone said they would send us a working box for our second television. 2 hours of my life I will NEVER get back. One person hung up, one person chose to be very rude, several people were absolutely clueless as to how to remedy the issue.

Comcast says customer service is first, but when I had the follow-up call - I could only comment on the last person (who resolved the issue) not the other 6 incompetent representatives. I do not believe they care about customer satisfaction. That is just lip service.

They know we have no choice. I only wish they had competition in our area.

comcast is *** up. They are the worst ***. dont use them.

what I have done and still am doing is, BAD MOUTH, NEGITVE CAMPAIGN. GET A BUNCH OF ADDRESSES TO HAVE THEIR COMCAST CANCELLED, OR BETTER YET DON'T PAY YOUR BILL, SAY HEY I DON'T TO PAY YOU FOR YOUR *** NONSERVICE, THEN THEY WILL SHUT IT OFF!

WELL IF EVERONE DID THAT FOR WEEKS AT A TIME, THEY WOULD BE JUST DISCONNECTING THEIR NONSERVICE ON A CONSTANT BASIS, CUTTING THEIR OWN THROATS, AS DESERVED. THEY REALLY BELIEV THEY HAVE US UNDER THIER THUMB, GUESS AGAIN, CAUSE COMCAST, YOU SUCK, YOU ARE A BOTTOM FEEDED,THEY WILL BE PULLLING THEIR OWN PLUG!!!THEIR PLUG... IT'S EASY, TO TLL COMCAST GO AHEAD SHUT IF OFF, I DON'T CARE. AND IETHER DOES ANYONE ELSE I KNOW.

i'M CIRCULATING THESE COMPLAINTS AROUND TOWN TO THE COMCAST OFFICES, SO ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE WILL PARTICIPATE. SEE IF THEY RECOGNIZE THEIR OWN METHOD OF TEACHING.

BOYCOY COMCAST!! THEMORE PEOPLE WHO SIMPLE SUT THEM OFF THE BETTEROUR CUSTOMERS DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU EITHER AND WE WILL NO LONGER HAVE YOU AS A NONSERVICE NONPROVDER.

SO BYE BYE, WIIL YOU MISS ALL YOUR MILLIONS OF CUSTOMERS?? OH WELL MAYBE THEN YOU WILL REMEMBER THAT ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS EQUAL ALL YOUR DOLLARS...

SAY BY BY TO YOUR MONEY. MAN ARE CORPERATIONS ***.

FILE A FRAUD COMPLAINT THEY ARE NOT LARGER AND DO NOT HAVE AS MANY LAWYERS OR RESOURCES AS THE GOVERNMENT.

View more comments (9)
Orlando, Florida

Comcast didn't show after 14 hour wait

Called Comcast on Monday (11 August) they said someone would be out Wednesday (13 Aug) after 3pm, but I could keep calling Tuesday to see if I could pick up a cancellation. After repeated calls Tuesday, I was finally told that I had a "MUST COMPLETE" ticket and they would show up sometime between 8a and 8p on Wed; they wouldn't give me a time. Took the day off and started calling them at 6:15p to find out when they were coming..........kept getting the "MUST COMPLETE" story. I called every 15 minutes until 9:30p and was told I would have to call back Thursday morning and reschedule my appointment. Called Thursday at 6:30a and got an appointment between 2p and 4p. At 1p, someone called and asked if I still needed someone to come out. They showed at 3p and finally the cable that was cut coming across the neighbor's yard. The call center was RUDE and CLUELESS and I was without cable, internet and phone for 3 days. They didn't even apologize for the delays. Unfortunately I am out a day of wages and even if they refunded the 3 days of service I would never see it because it is paid for by the Homeowners Association. Contract is up for renewal next year and I am going to vote not to renew! Call center repeatedly refused to let me speak with a supervisor.
San Jose, California
Loss

Comcast, bad service, liars! long hold times! Comcast = *** Artists!

I hope comcast is reading this!!! So i set up service in june. since that day i have had bad service! the tech did not install my modem, instead he was texting his "G mama baby mama mam thing whatever". after that the internet worked for a few (3) days. after that i had 4mb service. i did sign up for 16mb high speed for only $90 bucks. i called about it and they gave me my 16mb back. also i do server level upload and download from home. well that lasted for 2 weeks. then i noticed that my ip address does not resolve to my modem. a tech came out at 5 pm, i had comcast schedule the tech to out there at 6p. i was coming home when i found that the tech came out eariler and that he cannot wait for me to get on site. i told him what need to be done. the ignorant SOB told me that he doesnt know how to log on to my home computer. i ask if he has a tech's (company's) laptop. the answer is NO. so i told him that OK go keep yourself busy be checking the line inside the home, his response... i dont know where the modem is. i told him where is was. he didnt test it. i told him, ok go to the outside box and test the line there. well that was the end of that. well there went about a month and a half of 45+ min hold times 3 times a week. oh and the sad thing is that a few times i got voice mail. that just pissed me off! finally i get a hold of some one friday 8/8/08 i immediately ask for a manager or floor supervisor, 30min wait. he assured me that he would have a technician out on tuesday 8/12/08 despite my unwillingness to pay for very bad and unfair service and he gave me a $20 bonus credit. well tuesday rolls along, at work around 10am i get a call to see if i wanted the tech to come out earlier, i said no because i was at work(1 hr commute to home) the appointment was for 1p-4p. i went home at noon to be there at 1, which i was. i wait and wait, i get a "courtesy" call at three that the tech cannot come out because of the bill issue. i explain the situation to them, basically they want me to pay 225$ for a service im not getting and they denied that i was holding for 45min at a time because they "monitor" the calls. and customer service hung up on me too! today i am going to call someone over there that is above a floor supervisor! i have be wronged as a subscriber. i am done with comcast!!! at&t here i come!!! now i know how this person feels: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/17/AR2007101702359.html I hope comcast is reading this!!!

I would say screw comcast because they are ***! PLUS THEY *** LIE TO YOU!

Chicago, Illinois
Loss

Comcast is not willing to fix my problem

I'm a comcast client for almost 7 years, my service is not working. For the first time I requested phone service with comcast and my phone, internet and cable is not working. Comcast technitians have missed three appointments and customer service states is nothing they can do. I have a bill of almost 3 hundred dollars for a service that I'm not receiving, I'm running out of options. One of the technitian told my husband that the amps are not strong enough, I should I fix this problem? I'm having a contractor review the lines that comast is not willing to check... I need help.
New Castle, Delaware
Loss

If you know what's good for you, don't go with Comcast!!

They are a rip off! I signed up for it online because of a promotion they were running and when I got the invoice for the installation I called them because they charged me for basic cable that the apartments that I live in pay for. After waiting on hold for 30 minutes and being transferred two times I finally get to talk to someone who can't even speak English clearing. What the ***? After explaining my situation to that *** 4 times, she finally told me that since the owner of the apartments pays for basic cable I don't qualify for the promotion. Of course not. They want to rip off you as much as you'll let them. I got so frustrated I yelled at her to get me a supervisor. After talking to the supervisor, my bill went up from 49.99 to 65.00 a month. What a deal, right? She told me to call back when I got my first bill in the mail so they could fix it because it was going to be more than what I really owed so I did. The *** that I talked to told me that he fixed it and assured me that my bill was going to be around 65.00 a month. The next day I'm flipping through some channel and come across some channels that I no longer get. OMG! So, I called yet again to talk to another one of the idiots and trust me he was. He told me that my apartments doesn't pay for basic cable and that if I want the channels I once had it would cost 75.00 a month. Again, jack up the price. Did I mention that I don't get any kind of movie channels? None. This is just for the basic stuff. I've had it. My boyfriends mom is one the the leasing ladies at the apartments so he called her and told her what was going on. She called those *** and they told her that since I had the online promotion I can't get the free cable that my apartments pay for. I don't have that promotion!!!! So, now I have to call these *** again. I'm going to cancel this *** and go to dish. Do not get Comcast! You will regret it!

:? Iam just having the best word to describe.

This site is fraud!! I advised few hundreds of my friends in there to get the *** out!! Incoming mails are all auto set. I don't believe that a standard member can only send a "wink" back but not reply.

My credit cards are mine, don't demand for that. This is a total *** site!!!

Fremont, California

COMCAST HAS STOOD ME UP THREE TIMES SO FAR

As a new resident to Houston, I made an appointment for a Cable installation for Thursday, July 31st between 5-8 PM. The service reps contacted me to confirm my appointment the day before. Around 7:30 PM that evening, another agent called me to inform me that my technician was on the way. By 8:30 PM, no one had arrived. I called customer service again, and the agent said he should be expected to come around 9:00 PM because the technician was backed up. The technician never showed up, and I never received a courtesy call to at least notify me not to wait anymore. I called Comcast the next day to reschedule. I was unhappy that I could not be rescheduled for August 1 on the account that I had been stood up the day before with no notice. Both an agent and her manager confirmed my new appointment for Saturday, August 2 between 5-8 PM. I called a Comcast agent on Saturday at 5:30 PM to confirm that my appointment was still on, and this agent also confirmed. By 8:30, the technician did not show up once again. I called to find out what happened, and this agent informed me that my appointment had apparently been rescheduled to August 11th from 2-5 PM by the last agent I spoke with. I did not make any changes to my account, and no one even bothered to contact me and let me know they decided to change it hemselves. I would never even schedule a 2-5 PM appointment as I work in the daytime. The manager I spoke with on Saturday evening rescheduled my third appointment for Sunday, August 10th but graciously tried to see if an emergency tech might be able to come yesterday. The tech could not make it yesterday, and apparently there's no way for me to be scheduled any sooner. I recognize that the situation is out of his hands, but it is absolutely ridiculous that I will have to wait three weeks for someone to finally show up to an appointment they are committed to. I made my first appointment in a timely manner and paid for it in full in advance. I suppose I have no choice but to settle and wait another week until my next apppointment. Hopefully someone will actually honor their commitment and show up this time.

I wish there was another cable company I could go to.

This is my third appointment that I've been stood up on.

Comcast is the worst cable company in the world.

I cant take this anymore, I'm going to see if RCN service my area.

Houston, Texas
Comcast Installation

Comcast messed up my DirectTV Connection!

One of the tenants in my building has Comcast and every now and then they would need a technician to come by and fix whatever was wrong with their cable connection. I currently subscribe to a few specific channels that are offered from an independent company working with Direct TV (kinda shady I know, but it’s legit). Sometime around March 2008, a Comcast technician came by to our building to fix my tenant’s cable and in doing so messed up my satellite connection. I had to get someone from the independent company to come by and repair whatever was wrong and got charged $35. I called Comcast because I wanted to be reimbursed for this. I called and got in touch with a customer rep. and I explained my situation to them. The rep didn’t really seem sure of what to do but he gave me a ticket/reference # so I could call again another day to check the status of this ticket. A few days later I called and gave a customer rep my ticket number. The rep told me that the number did not exist and I had to re-explain everything to them again. I was put on hold several times for a total of 1 ½ hours! The rep told me the reason for these long holds was because she had difficultly putting in this order because I did not have a Comcast account. She told me that I should call Direct TV instead to get a reimbursement but I told her that I couldn’t do that because I get the specific channels from an independent company that works with DirectTV. I also added that I wouldn’t be here in the 1st place had the Comcast technician not mess up my satellite connection. The rep said there was nothing she could do and I asked to speak with a supervisor and she put me on hold for another 15min. A supervisor came on and I had to re-explain everything and all he said was that I could call the legal disputes department. It was really late at night so I asked for that department’s # so I could call the next morning. The supervisor said that they cannot give that number out and the only way to get a hold of that department was to call customer service and asked to be transferred to that department. Of course I’d have to re-explain everything and have them try to convince me that it wasn’t Comcast’s fault. I decided not to call because I was just too tired with this awful mess. Today, August 12, 2008, someone from Comcast called me and said that they wanted to reimburse me. They said they would credit my account and I told them that I did not have an account with them at all. I told the man, “The reason why I don’t have Comcast is because of all the issues I’ve had with them”. He assumed that I used to have Comcast and switched over to another provider and I just didn’t bother to correct him. He said that he would have their insurance company call me about a reimbursement. Like that is ever going to happen.
Chicago, Illinois
Comcast Tv Service

Comcast sucks!

I've had a terrible experience with trying to get Comcast wireless internet and phone set up in my home. Two service appts (both with the tech arriving late). One service appt on the wrong day (I was at work). Numerous hour+ phone calls trying to get the system to work. Sometimes they couldn't find my account -- had to transfer me to the billing department where (surprise, surprise) they found me with no problem! Finally, in total frustration, I canceled the internet service altogether. Now I'm waiting for the bill to see if they actually take that portion off. I don't know if there's a government agency that regulates them, but I'm guessing no -- because they can charge whatever they want and treat customers any way they want to.
Medford, New Jersey

Comcast - Rip off!

Comcast is an absolute rip off. I signed up for one service and got another (which was of course more expensive as comcast wouldn't have it any other way!) I went without internet service for 1 month because the tech screwed up and then they charged me 50 dollars to have someone else come "fix" the problem. It took 4 seperate appts times for a tech to finally arrive and give me service. Horrible Horrible Horrible is how I would describe this service and the customer service dept. They didn't give me a credit for the lack of service and didn't honor the package that I orginally signed up for and wanted to purchase.

Signed up with Comcast for 1 tv, no extras. Just television, no added HBO or Showtime and got medium speed internet.

Bill started at 69 bucks a month and within 12 months sky rocketed to 140.00 a month!

And no additional services did we add at anytime. Terrible.

I TOO HAD COMCAST SERVICE. EVERY MONTH THE BILL GOT HIGHER AND HIGHER.

THEY HAD TO COME TO MY HOME 4 DIFFERENT TIME TO INSTALL THE CABLE. THEN LEFT THE CORDS ALL OVER THE PLACE IN EXCESS. I MENA FOR WHAT. WHO WANTS TO TRIP OVER CORDS EVERDAY.

THEN MY PICTURES KEPT JUMPING BECAUSE OF A DEFECTIVE BOX. AFTER 2 ATTEMPTS TO HAVE SOMEONE COME OUT A YOUNG MAN CAME WITHA DVR AND SAID NO CHARGE. HOWEVER, IT WOULDNT BE COMECAST IF THEY DIDNT CHARGE ME AN EXTRA 17 AMONTH FOR SOMETHING I DIDNT ASK FOR. THE SAID HE DIDNT HAVE ANY OF THE BOXES I HAD IN MY HOUSE(THE SMALL ONE AND THE BIG ONE) THEN WHEN I ASKED ABOUT A CHARGE THAT WAS ON THE BILL THAT APPEARED OUT OF NO WHERE THEY SAID WELL IF YOU LOOK AT YOUR BILL AND SEE THE CODE G568 THEN THAT MEANS YOU WILL BE BILLED FOR EACH BOX AT A DIF RATE.

SO I WATCHT HE SAME CABLE IN DIF ROOMS AND DEPENDING WHAT ROOM IM IN, IT WILL COST MORE TO WATCH TV. I DONT THINK SO!!! THANKS VERIZON FIOS FOR HAVING THE THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PRODUCTS. NOW THEY HAVE ISSUSES TOO BUT THE DIF IS THEY ACTUALLY ACT LIKE THEY WANT TO KEEP YOUR BUSINESS.

COMCAST ACTS LIKE THEY COULD CARE LESS. THEN I MOVED TO ANOTHER HOME AND BC SOMEONE LEFT THERE SERVICE THERE AND WITH A BALANCE THEY WOULDNT TURN MY SERVICE ON. I HAD TO FAX MY LEASE AND CREDIT REPORT. WTF I THINK NOT!!!!

THEY WILL NOT GET A DIME FROM ME.

IM SURPRISED THEY HAVENT GONE OUT OF BUSINESS. BUT LIKE THE OTHER POSTS SAYS WE AS CONSUMERS NEED TO STAND UP AND STOP SUPPORTING THESE JACK LEGGERS!!!!

Yes,comcast used to be in complete control over many areas and even had the support of the local government to do so and of course the local govs all got a piece of the comcast pie to do so.The internet is changing that now and their competion is so great now they will be forced to lower prices or go out of business.

#191659

We were paying 50 a month and they raised us out of the blue to 75 a month. and then they turned off our cable from the box by accident.

they took five days to get out here and fix it. the tech had six excuses for them making the mistake and then charged us 27 dollars to fix it.

Comcast seems to create a lot of internal gossip about individuals under the guise of being 'transitioning experts' which creates nothing for people save problems. I was approached by one of the executives in their training group to be coached by her in my workplace through her contacting my corporate office and asking to do it blindly.

She used the information internally to place me in a bad light - completely made up while my company placed her and her group under some sort of compliance.

I'm not sure why they reach out to senior leadership to check on people whom consider them stalking others in their workplace. I've also been visited by some of their former employees in my home who come across like paranoid budhists.

I agree. Big money for no service and a bad attitude!

PLUS, they charge you a month in advance, then shut you off if you're a minute late paying. I will not pay in advance for service. The bill is NEVER the same from month to month. They nickle and dime you to death too.

I shut Comcast off and am going back to Verizon and DirecTV.

Coprporate greed in this country is what is causing the bad economy. Consumers need to stand up for good old fashioned SERVICE and VALUE.

View more comments (5)
Burlington, Vermont

Terrible Comcast Experience Today

I had my first terrible experience with Comcast today. After waiting a week for my appointment date (today, noon-4pm) and staying home from work, I get a call at 3:30 letting me know that they're cancelling my appointment and moving it out a week. Thanks for the timely notice, Comcast. Then when I call to find out what can be done about it, I'm on hold for 20 minutes before I get transferred to a "supervisor's" voicemail. I'd be amazed if I actually get a call back. I've always heard horror stories, but I've never experienced it until today. Guess there's really no incentive for these guys to respect their customers since they're the only show in town. I'll probably end up calling back tomorrow to cancel my order and switching to DSL instead - just on principle. If there's any of you guys in Seattle that had a similar experience, I just found out that we're not completely powerless. You can always file a complaint with the Seattle government agency that oversees these guys - maybe that's the only way to get taken seriously. Here's the phone #: Seattle Office of Cable Communications 206-684-8498 Jamie

Sorry about your bad experience! Comcast is a terrible company to deal with. My husband and I couldn't get a dish when we moved into our new home 2 yrs ago due to trees in the neighbors yard. We called Comcast to set up service. We also stayed home from work on the appointment day but no one ever showed up.

We called the company and they called the installers. They said they would be there soon. Two hours go by and still no installers.

We call back and end up scheduling a new appointment. Originally they wanted to push it out for a month away but a supervisor got us an appointment the next day.

THEN at almost 11pm - the installers call our house to tell us that they weren't going to make it to our house!

A different installer showed up the next day. He was wonderful and very nice but the overall experience was terrible.

The entire time that we were with Comcast was terrible. The tv service was very unreliable and the customer service was terrible. Blah!

We recently scrapped Comcast for Verizon FIOS TV and couldn't be happier! :)

Seattle, Washington

Dealing with Comcast is a NIGHTMARE

I live in Savannah, GA and have been a comcast customer for 4 years. In those 4 years Comcast has taken EVERY opportunity to screw up. From disconnecting my service by mistake and then making us wait 4 days to come back out and reconnect (which we had to *** of work for), 2 faulty cable boxes were delivered to us, missing THREE appointments for which my husband or I took off of work to wait for the technician, never returning phone calls, and in the last week and 1/2 I have been trying to transfer our cable service from our apartment to our new home. I have spent HOURS on the phone b/c 1 cs agent will enter 1 thing and then never call back to follow up as promised, then I call back only to find out that request was never entered and then I get to go through the entire process again, again, and again. I am looking at other options with direct tv or any other service b/c I can't in good concience pay another cent to a company who can't get it together! I dont' know of any other company who provides such a pitiful service. I just want my cable to work, I don't want to sit on the phone for 5 hours to make it happen, and I don't want to take days off of work to wait for technicians only to be stood up during my scheduled appointment time. (912) 629-4187 Mrs. Stincer
Lake City, Florida
Comcast Tv Service

Comcast - Service is bad. phone,internet,over charging on billing ect

The service that I have received from com cast is like working like with a bunch of rookie's. Internet the phone and TV.Billing, constant increases. The service techs totally messed up my alarm where I had to get the alarm company to straiten out there mess. Over 16 service visits, what a waste of my time.I was in action mode and was getting charged for regular rate, after a com cast rep. said that it would stay in vacation mode. Tonight I have been on the phone for over a hour and a half and no results. Wasted time again, I'm changing.
Reston, Virginia

Comcast

Denise L. Robinson 4508 South Dakota Ave., NE Washington, DC 20017 Phone: (202)526-5525/(202)486-2561 July 30, 2008 To Whom It May Concern: I want to start off by saying that I am truly disappointed in the recent service that I have received from Comcast. On July 21, 2008 I decided that I would like to save some money by bundling the phone, internet and television, I was already receiving cable from Comcast and thought I would give Comcast a try in Bundling my service and discontinue the phone and internet service I had with Verizon. So on July 21, 2008 I called and spoke with a gentleman in customer service and asked him what would be the price if I wanted to Bundle my phone, cable and internet and he said $109.00, and I went on to ask him if this would include all the channels I had at that time and he assured me that it would, we talked a little further and I said to him you know that I have 2 digital boxes with (1) being the DVR box and he said he knew exactly what I had and again I asked would that $109.00 be the bill for all that I had and he said yes, I then asked would I be getting boxes for the other 2 televisions and he said that would be an additional charge to the $109.00 a month and at that point I told him that I would not be taking anything else other than what I already had and he said OK and we set the appointment up for 7/28/08 to have someone to come in and install the telephone and internet service, I call back to cancel that day and rescheduled for July 29, 2008. The installation did take place on July 29, 2008 and at that point I thought that everything was good to go but my husband noticed that we no longer have HBO, STARZ, and Showtime channels. I call Comcast this morning (7/30/08) to voice my complaint and was connected to a gentleman by the name of Alex and when I asked for his last name he gave me his number 6081. I told Alex the problem as I stated above and he asked me what was the persons’ name that I had set the new service appointment with, I told him I did not have his name because I did not know that I would need to have his name at that time, but I told him if he went back and pulled and the service ticket that was done on the 7/21/08 he should be able to get the persons’ name who assisted me in obtaining the Bundle Package, he kept putting me on hold saying he would need to find out this persons’ name before he could do anything then he would come back on the phone and ask how many cable boxes I have and he could not see where I had ever had Showtime. HBO or STARZ and that I only had Basic Cable and I told him that was not true that ever since I switch my service over I had the Premium Channels that were listed above. I kept telling him that I needed to speak with a Supervisor in Customer Service and he stated that he would be the person that I needed to speak to, but he just did not seem knowledgeable enough to handle my situation because he did not how to go back and pull the service ticket to see who I had actually spoke with on 7/21/08. So when after 30 minutes on the phone with Alex he came back on the line and stated he was still trying to find out the gentleman’s name that I had spoke with on the phone so that this person could be reprimanded to the highest and that he would have to call me back within 2 hours and he never returned my call. So I started calling Comcast back trying to reach Alex and I never was able to reach him. I did speak to a young lady by the name of Aretha Lyons who seemed to be very knowledgeable and she pulled the service ticket and found the name of the person who assisted me on 7/21/08 and she told his name is Joseph Glover and his supervisors name is Victor Montgomery. She listen to everything that I told her and she stated that he did give me the wrong price for the Bundle Package I wanted, and I went on to explain to her that this was not an error on my part and was told that I would get this Package Deal at $109.00 and felt that I should not be penalized for this, I also explained to her that I had just dropped Verizon thinking that I would get a better deal with Comcast and then I was totally misled. She took the time and e-mailed a letter to Mr. Victor Montgomery also Mr. Joseph Glove telling them the things I had explained to her and asking that they return a call to me immediately. And up until this point I still have not received a courtesy call from anyone at Comcast. As you can see in the past you all have never had a problem with me paying my cable bill in the past so I trying to find out why am I now getting the short end of the stick. PLEASE Contact Me ASAP, because I am at my wits end and I am also on my job and I have taken up a great portion of my work day to deal with Comcast on yesterday and today. Denise Robinson Phone: (202)526-5525 Cell #: (202)486-2561 Work Contact # (202)576-9311 cc: Seven on Your Side
Upper Marlboro, Maryland

Comcast sucks!

What's the point of having On Demand with Comcast if it never works!!! I called and they didn't do anything for me. Said the would check back in 48 hours to see if ti started to work. How is it going to work if they don't do anything. Does that sound On Demand to you?!! Atlanta doesn't have good cable service! We're waiting for Bellsouth to start up a better cable service so we can switch. Along with be cable problems with comcast, the internet is the other huge problem. We are constantly having problems with the internet and comcast. Don't use comcast if you have any other choice!!

Dear Muffinc79,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your On Demand services. I would be more than happy to get you some assistance with this. Please email me at We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com if you would like to discuss your matter further.

Sincerely,