Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I called this past Friday, very reluctantly I might add, to switch my service from Verizon to Comcast in an effort to save some $$. While I was speaking to the guy I tried to get a weekend install but was not able to so I agreed to a Monday install between 4-6. I get...
#419341

I agree - they are horrible - may be when you have 22 million customers you can do that. Wehn they have 12 million customers I wonder if they will get it.

I use my NJ cell number for my Florida comcast. SO every time I call I get routed to someone who deals with NJ. It takes 20 minutes - everytime- to get it right. Then when I used their automated service to use their Vacation plan it didn't register with thenm and they continued to bill me for months at the regular rate.

They refused to even accept the fact that I tried to use the automated Vacation Plan. Compensation - forget it.

Theyu are horrible. And they wonder why folks switch as soon as they get a chance.

Review
We have had Comcast Triple Play for several years, but I am still burned about how we got ripped off and Comcast would not help make it right. I didn't know about this website until now! Comcast uses 3rd party cons to sell their services. We were supposed to...

Type I have a complaint about failure to provide services offered and agreed to. My husband and I were working with Alex" about a package that would include internet at 200 download and 25 upload speed, preferred plus cable, 220 channels incl NFL and sports and the security system installed (fee waived).

Alex explained that the offer included $600 security products at no charge. The package was two yrs at $175.88 the 1st yr, $188.88 2nd yr - Alex confirmed multiple times that this included all of the above including the fee for the three boxes for our 3 tvs - everything except taxes. We had asked him to call back because my husband is a disabled vet in the VA VocRehab program and they would be willing to pay the internet portion and we were working with our VA rep to see how to do that. On the 3rd night I agreed to the package with Alex.

He read a statement, I confirmed agreement.

Today home security called to schedule installation - they said to my husband that it would be an "additional" $24.95 per month added to our "current" bill. My husband explained that this was a new package and included this fee - they had nothing about a new package.

I have spoken with multiple people at Comcast since 11 am this morning - the regular number, their home security office, etc and no one can find notes on this.

Right after speaking with Lauren – (ID: letter T, then the squiggly line, then open parenthesis) who is a Comcast supervisor with Customer Solutions I found the number that Alex had called from (855-817-7968) and the confirmation number (18013016680566) that he gave me and called Lauren back. Lauren – IN COMCAST CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS could not see the order in the system. So I called the number while on another phone with Lauren. They answered Comcast Online Services - the 1st person could see the order and the pricing but she said it was cancelled and no longer available.

At this point I ended the call with Lauren as it appeared that I had found the right office to help me.

This person again said that she can see the offer but it is not available anymore, my husband had cancelled it and we could no longer be given that offer. Now about this time I am getting pretty disgusted and upset. I again said it was not cancelled and asked (demanded) to speak with a supervisor.

Aron, who is supposed to be a supervisor, was also able to open the file with the confirmation number). He said to me that my husband cancelled the contract today and it is now expired. He saw the offer and what was included. We discussed it.

He said that offer is no longer available, it expired. I explained to him again that my husband did NOT cancel the plan agreed to with Alex. What he did was tell home security that they were attempting to install on the old plan at an add'l rate, not the new one with Alex. My husband said that he did NOT want the security system under the old plan – especially at the additional monthly rate.

The supervisor repeated that is not available anymore because your husband cancelled it - wrong again.

He transferred me to someone whom he said could find a plan that would be equal. Well..., that did not happen. This person said she cannot offer that.

She “might” be able to get it close to that price but I would have to give up services to get it there. I again said that I wanted the plan offered to me and agreed on by me. She also COULD NOT SEE the order in the system.

She then transferred me to customer escalation where I spoke w/ Richie ID 9KY.

I explained it all again - that we did NOT cancel the offer that we had agreed to and we wanted that offer. I gave him the confirmation number and told him that the supervisor (Aron) that I had just spoken with could open the order and see it. I explained that he said the order was, once again, cancelled by my husband – which is absolutely not true. Richie also could not see anything about it stating that there is no order.

And this is now CUSTOMER ESCALATION, and they cannot see the order So, he said that it might have been a 3rd party provider and I stated that they answered Comcast and NEVER said anything but Comcast. They even processed the request to have home security installed so there was an order. He again said that he "might" be able to match the price but I would have to give up services - or just pay more! That is not acceptable!

I feel that Comcast took an order that they knew they could not give with the idea that we would just say oh, ok go ahead and install it - $25 isn't much more. But we DO NOT agree to that. We want what was offered/promised and what we agreed to. We had a contract for that.

Comcast will not let us out of a contract and should honor theirs. If Alex messed up and offered something more than he should have that is not my problem. I accepted his offer and Comcast should honor it. I cannot believe that no one - other than one person and then the supervisor Aron at the 855-817-7968 could find that confirmation number, notes or the details of the order.

The supervisor would not provide the information on where that order was placed from or who placed it. Again, the order was for 200Mpbs download/25 upload, preferred cable with Starz and Showtime, 220 channels with NFL and sports, all the kids programming, the Home Security system monthly fee included with the system installed at no charge and the bonus of $600 in security equipment at no charge. This price included the router and three boxes. The agreement was for two years.

The total price, except for taxes, was quoted at $175.88 the first year, $188.88 the second year and a $20 pr month increase the 3rd year. This order was prepared and submitted by ALEX, And this was seen by Aron who acknowledged it but continued to say that this is no longer offered - we lost it when we cancelled today, which we did not do. WE DID NOT CANCEL THE PLAN CONTRACTED WITH ALEX THIS WEEK. My husband stated to the Home Security office that he did not order or accept home security service as an addition to the plan that we had that was to be changed with this new contract.

I am asking that someone at Comcast find out who Alex is and confirm this order with him. Also that someone contact Comcast to find the details on why the Home Security was setup to be installed on the plan that we were changing and not the new plan that we agreed to. I am also asking that this contract made with Alex (Comcast) be honored – every detail of it from what it includes to the pricing that was agreed to. In fact, they should give us a greater discount for all of the wasted time and unbelievable frustration this has caused us.

I lost a day at work (at the Veterans Benefit Office) today to try to straighten this out. It has also stalled the Veteran’s Vocational Rehabilitation plan that my husband is in while waiting for this to be straightened out. I, as the customer, do not care whether this contract was completed with a “Comcast” representative or a third-party representative. I initially called the main Comcast personal sales office and ended up with this representative (Alex).

I dealt in good faith with him and I expect Comcast to honor his work if they use him to represent and sell services for Comcast. your message here

View more comments

Theft by Comcast

I noticed a charge by Comcast of more than $104 on my Visa card. Since I never have and never would do business with a company that has such a slimeball reputation I called them to try to get an explanation of where the charge came from. The only good thing I could say about the call is that it appeared to be handled by humans in the US instead of screen readers in some 4th world country. Other than that, they couldn't care less that they are making their money now by making fraudulent charges to the credit cards of people who never have and would never want to do business with them.

If you want to save money on your Comcast bill call 877-824-2288 and ask to speak to the RETENTION Department. They will give you promotions and discounts that no other department can give you.

The promos generally last for 6 months so you have to callback every 6 months. It is worth the trouble because you can get discounts of 25-50%

#420652

nice comment you got there, just so you know it isnt easy to be on the place of your so called SCREEN READERS.. you dont know a thing about their job and how they handle calls of racists like you.

View more comments (1)

Tip for Getting Things Done at Comcast

I've had Comcast service for five years, and it has never worked well. But, there is a way to get things done, and it's to use their phone-tree to get to the 'disconnect' department (also known as the 'loyalty' department). They have the override-capability which other departments, including the executive offices, do not. They can also arrange for account-credits, when other departments will not, or cannot. But, you have to go through the Comcast phone-tree CAREFULLY, because the disconnect department is usually hidden away under some category like 'other.' Sometimes you'll also hear the phrase, 'do you want to downgrade or disconnect service?' That works, too. Good luck!
#420562

I have never.. NEVER..

had a service of any kind that is and has been as BAD as Comcast. Their managment is the problem. . the strengh of the pack is determined by the swiftness of the leader..

Managment NEEDS TO BE FIRED, LET THE LOSER LIARS PUT THEIR APPLICATION IN A KMART, BUT.. Kmark likely would not hire them.

I have been lied to, screwed, short circuited. .my whole house electrical system was efked with Comcast and their boxes.. and, THEY KNEW THIS ALL ALONG..

TWO OUT OF FIVE OF THEIR BOXES ARE DEFECTIVE!!!!!!!!!! hello.. Where the efk is our Government and our FCC and our Georgia Public Service System??? We are efked in this nation is WE, the American people, allow this *** to continue!!

I say sue the liars.. N.

Georgia Federal District Court.. seek Class Action, and let the sorry loser thieves and liars pay.

COMCAST SUCKS

Comcast charges way to much for a product that doesnt work. Then they want to charge you $52 dollars to have a tech come out and fix a product that never worked from they day you get it. Everyone please do not use comcast, I want this company to go bankrupt and all these *** crooks to loose their jobs, money and hopefully commit suicide. I pay for HD channels and most of them dont work and yet they will not do anything to fix them, I have had to change boxes multiple time which doesnt work. I hope they all die

I agree completely. COMCAST SUCKS!!!

I've had similar experiences. That's why I just launched ComcastSucks.biz.

This is a place where we can all share our stories and maybe we'll even get heard and something will get done about terrible service and horrible products. Please post your story on our site too.

Loss
Every so often I get a pop-up over one of my television channels saying we've detected an interruption. Please check the connections and if the promblem is not resolved contact Comcast at 1-800-Comcast to restore service. We're sorry for the inconvenience. I checked...

Same thing happens to me and it’s 2018!!

View more comments
Loss
January 15, 2012 6:24PM Having no telephone or internet service, at 6:24PM I contacted Comcast at 804.743.1150 and spoke with Mat. After numerous attempts of resetting my modem Mat determined that he was unable to connect with the modem and it was defective. Mat...
Review
I orderd service on dec 19th they gave me a huge price for installation when I asked why so much they said because I requested a wireless router and that if I had it mailed instead they'd wave me $50 so of course I said mail it then. They told me they couldn't...

Comcast horrendous service: Florida; Delray Beach

Had appointment from 8-9 AM to replace TV cable box and repair service...DVR does not work. internet slow. they are all rahrahrah about Infinity but they are worse then ever! Repairman never showed. It is 11:30 I never received a phone call regarding when or if repair will actually arrive at home. called 3 times...no-one knows what is going on. can't reach service person, don't know where he is....if anyone will ever come....they know absolutely nothing about their own service. they promise service within allocated time but that has never happened yet. and ironically ...they call to confirm the appt! HORRIBLE INEFFICIENT DISORGANIZED COMPANY.

You should learn proper grammar. Did you attend school ?

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email asking you to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN

8) :grin :p

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them.

View more comments (2)
Review

Comcast is a communications company and cant communicate

First comcast stated that they would be by to install my business services between 8 am and noon. I told them that no one would be at the site until after 4pm. They stated they would let the tech know, obviously they did not. Now I am losing money because my servers are down and all comcast can say is they can get a tech back out tomorrow afternoon or later and they are sorry. What if all of their customer's didn't pay their bill for a month and just said they were sorry? That's on top of them adding a residential account under my name and it was not requested. Everytime I attempt to talk to them about that I get disconnected!! Wtf?!!

8) :grin :p