Show reviews that mention
service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem people account
Filter review

Comcast - Comast refuses to refund money

I had cable and internet with Comcast. The introdutory fees were ok, but soon after a while the fees climbed. On November 2008 I terminated the Internet (fees were outragous). I turned in the equipment at the local office. Last August i got disgusted with their service fees and terminated the able service. A year later, they are saying I didn't return the modem for the internet terminated a year ago. They refuse to return my money. I hope to never do business with omcast again. In no way before last month a year later did the company say anything about the modem. Who would think about keeping a reciept for a year?
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast - Promised credits by phone, but bill shows same rate

I called in to turn my service off. The CSR told me she didn't want to lose my business and that she would adjust my bill to keep me at the same rate of promotion. I have made numerous calls to Comcast, because I was credited 1 month, but now back at the inflated rate again. They say the same when I call in- "I will go in and credit your account, fix the problem and you will see it on your next bill." Well I haven't!! Anyone else had the same issues that can share the results?

This is true. Contact the better business bureau, they will help you.

The more people that report them to the BBB.

They'll HAVE to finally get some CSR, that know what the heck they are doing. They also MIGHT be able to provide good service ONE DAY!

sosickofcomcast

CSR,

Maybe you need to find a better job, because it's CRS like you at comcast. That make us consumers PISSED!

Then we all leave comcast and you will be without a job. So maybe you need to get a life!

a promotion by its very nature is a special introductory offer with set termination date - you are not entitled to the special rate after the promo expires. what makes you think taht you are so special that you should pay less for the same service as your next door neighbour? get a life.

View more comments (2)

Comcast - Over charge every month

Every single month I have to call att to get credit on my automatic pay account. I have, as I write this been on the phone with att a total of 3 hours this morning. I can not access my account because the website will not verify my social number but if I am fortunate enought to actuall talk to someone they can verify it, go figure. My reason for this post is I have to watch my bill so closely that every month for nearly a year I have had to call them to get credit for the over charges from att. What do we do? I am going to call Comcast and maybe get there phone service, they are just another wart on the other side of my ***.
Memphis, Tennessee

Comcast - Raised TV rates again

My rates for Comcast cable TV went up. We had no notification either. On top of that I have 2 less channels than I did 2 years ago. I called to complain and suddenly lost the connection. I called back and the agent agreed with me that there was no notification and that the only recourse was to downgrade or cancel service. It seems that in this times of bad economy that Comcast would not be raising rates. Apparently they have a monopoly across most of the U.S. It is time to switch to satelite, as if Comcast cares.

yes, I had same exp. with comcast and I am still trying to find out why my services are down graded even though they are charging me more than 12 month intro. offer.

Allianna

Yeah seems like comcast is making all kinds of new friends, DIRECTV satellite services dropped Comcasts show Versus from 604 as a sp[orts channel cause they tried that with them. Maybe you should think of dropping them like DIRECTV did.

View more comments (1)
Aurora, Colorado
Comcast Tv Service

Comcast - Turned off my television service because another customer was late to pay their internet service

My cable service is paid for by my condominium association every month. My tenant has internet service with Comcast and was late to pay his bill. They cut off his service and my cable service. When I called to try and straighten it out, I was passed from one phone number to the next with people who could not speak English well. I was placed on hold for long periods of time. I was told my account was past due but they couldn't give me any information. They refused my request to speak to a supervisor. I could not get my cable service turned back on which of course was paid for by my condo association until my tenant paid his internet bill. I am so angry and frustrated. I wish I could get rid of Comcast. I hate them. To turn off my paid for cable because someone else is late for a different service is pure extortion and I am sure it must be illegal not that that matters.

Who's name is the bill in, and does comcast know theres 2 different people living in the same address?.

Why are you mad at Comcast for turning off the service when they weren't paid... why aren't you mad at your Tenant for not paying the bill?

Comcast Dosen't Finish Installatioin

For over a month now I've been waiting for Comcast to bury a cable that runs from the road to my house. I've made no less than 4 appointments to have this done and the company continues to loose, delete or otherwise disregard these appointments. I've called, visited the local office and used the online chat. All with the same results: I am told the appointment is in the system but I can't get a confirmation number so I should just call the Comcast customer service and it will tell me when my work order is scheduled. Needless to say every time I call I get the infamous "you have no appointments scheduled" message. When I visit the local office I get a run around that Comcast uses subcontractors, only one person has access to the scheduling system in the office, and that person, is of course out. I leave my name, phone number and email but get no response. Winter is coming and the cable is unburied and I'm not paying my bill until Comcast finishes the job they started.

I guess the tone of the letter dictates the tone of the response. You must work for the company, because you seem very knowledgable of the inner working of it.

Apparently, no one explained this to this customer or they wouldn't have had to wait for over a month for advice from you. They could have had a utility company come out like you suggested.

Again, I say - it was the runaround or the personnel are not being trained properly.

In most areas there is a subcontractor who buries most, or all, lines over a certain footage. At times there are factors such as a large abundance of roots from trees, utilities, that will delay the bury until all other lines and such are located. You could hurry the process and have these marked yourself by the utility companies in your area, and it is usually free of charge to have it done.

View more comments (1)
Blacksburg, Virginia
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast suspended service without notice

Comcast suspended my service of tv/phone/internet and never sent me a notice, or warning, not even a BILL! I never even got a bill in the mail. When i called in and spoke to a representative she informed me that that the suspension stands, and I'm at fault. Also that if I view my account online that I'm AUTOMATICALLY signed up to NEVER receive a paper bill and that it is my responsibility to view my account online. BULL!!! Then she told me that cable/phone/internet is a luxury and its not a necessity and i needed to BORROW THE MONEY FROM A RELATIVE OR FRIEND to have my service turned back on. seriously, are you kidding me?? I asked to speak to a manager and was hung up on. I'm now switching to Verizon. Comcast has the WORST service i've ever dealt with.

Exactly. You signed up for service, so you knew you had a bill to pay each month.

***. :grin

For some reason Comcast sends 1 bill every 2-4 months. Being your typical busy person I could never understand why I would always get a turn-off notice.

Finally I went to auto-bill pay via my bank so I don't have to worry. I guess Comcast saves 6 or more stamps a year over their customer really base adds up.

here is a tip - when you register for ANYTHING online there is a service and privacy agreement that you are encouraged to read and you MUST indicate that it was read and that you AGREE with the terms - try READING then you would have full knowledge of what you are registering for. just because you did not get a bill does nto mean you dont have to pay for service - when no bill came and you knew you should have gotten one IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to call the billing department and advise that no bill was received - had you done so (instead of thinking you were getting away with something)you would have been informed that you were enrolled in paperless online billing and you would have had the option to request a paper statment be issued to you.

You chose not to call because you are dishonest and thought you were getting away with receiving services and not paying for them. dishonest people will pay for thier dishonesty - i doubt that you have learned any thing from this experience

What Jeff said ..lol. I know where my money comes from and where it goes and there are those never ending monthly payments that are always the same ..

You honestly believe by saying you did't get the bill that you do not owe.

Geesh! Be 21 for Christs sakes!

Wait you never got a bill and you didn't think to call in to ask what is going on? HA HA HA.

What did you think you would be getting FREE CABLE? :grin "I never even got a bill in the mail." FAIL!!!

View more comments (4)
Brick Township, New Jersey
Loss

Comcast Knoxville and Corporate Escalation

FrontierNet raised rates so we thought we'd go ahead and switch everything to comcast for tv, internet & phone - i was without phone for a week and had to buy a cell because they forgot to enter the order - it went downhill from there --- poor customer service, rushed techs who messed up my tv reception and lost all my internet settings, and even someone from corporate escalation was totally unsympathetic and insinuated we lied. now they're saying the rates were given were wrong and they're charging more. Unbelievably painful experience all the way around. if you have a choice, stay away from all things comcast.

No, Comcast does suck. At our business the phones and internet go out at least once a day.

There is no way to transfer it to another phone when that happens without calling Comcast from a cell phone and wait 15 minutes on hold.

I had internet only at home and when I moved across town they said it would be $100 to hookup. I argued since I was already a customer and they said they'd knock it down to $80. When the tech came out he said it'd be $300.

Told him to get the *** out. We still have Comcast at work, but it's the only service available in our area and a lousy one at that.

We have had them for many years ... in the last year we have been without tv, phone or internet at least once per week ...

you call, they set up appt, it mysteriously gets cancelled ... the escalation person said I called and cancelled it ... I didn't ... so basically called me a liar ...

terrible service ....

my neighbors all have the same problems I have ... They make TOO MUCH MONEY TO CARE!

Dandridge is a small town with service provided by both Comcast and Charter. The line splits at the city limits heading out to Burchfield.

You may be referring to a Charter tech, but I doubt a Comcast one.

Knoxville happens to be run by the best supervisor and tech team going in the Knoxville/Metro area. I doubt they screwed anything up and that it was a misquote from a CSR/CAE, which happens from time to time. People make mistakes and no one is perfect.

So yes. A class action law suit for being human is a great idea.

Might want to include yourself as well in that suit too as defendants. :grin

I feel your pain EXACT thing/situation happened to us as well. we should get a class action law suit together.

View more comments (3)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast cutomser service horrific-read and see if this is our fault (letter sent to corporate)

To Whom It May Concern: I have been a loyal customer to Comcast for the past three years. My husband and I have had difficulty in the past when it came to help with our service and were disappointed but remained with Comcast service. This last issue was the last straw we had with your company. This all started a week ago. I had a live chat with one of your customer service reps, Pamela. She was very helpful with me when I informed her that we were going to be moving and needed our services moved from one place to another. She informed me that the earliest time they had was to come out on Monday October 5th from 1-3pm. The hours did not work for us since we both work 8-5pm jobs, which is the norm. She informed me that she would make a note in the job to have the technician arrive between the hours of 4pm -6pm, which worked for us because my husband could leave a little early to arrive. October 5th Monday comes around and my husband and I are both at work. He is planning on leaving work early so he can be home at 4pm to be there for Comcast. 3:20pm I am in a meeting at work when I receive a phone call. When I am at work, as anyone, you don't take personal calls especially in a meeting. Once I got out of the meeting I informed my husband that a particular number called me and that he should call back to see if it is Comcast. First of all there was no message left for me. I gave the number to my husband, he called and no one answered, it was a personal cell phone. This is the number 1-630-726-3318. 4:00pm: My husband is at home waiting for the Comcast technician to show up. I arrive and it is now 5:30pm, no technician. Finally 7:15pm rolls around and we are getting upset so we call Comcast. The answer we received is that "the technician called you at 4:20pm and that we missed our appointment" We informed the representative that this is not true. Our phone clearly shows that they called at 3:30pm. Now why would a technician call us 30 min before the time? They informed us "they call before they come set up" I was not told this at all. You can review my chat transcript and you can see that I was not informed that a technician would call and this is the only way they would come out. On top of that, why would the technician not leave a message? Another thing, when we called the technician right back, why was there no answer? Very poor customer service on your end. I strongly believe you should get a hold of this technician and inform him of his poor communication skills. How does this end up being our fault and constitute as us missing our appointment. I should say absolutely NOT!!! We were on the phone with 5 different representatives who were all unable to help us. Why should we have to wait another week, Friday was the next available date, for mistake on your end?? I find it very hard to believe that there was not a single technician who could have been there the following day. Instead we get a response from a manager "Let me call you back in an hour to see what we can do" The time was 8:00pm 9:00pm No phone call. This was ridiculous. A manager did not call us back that evening. How can management not even take care of a problem or have the courtesy to return a phone call. They informed us that our issue was escalated. If this were true, a Manager would have called us back that night. Don't say one thing and then not follow through. October 6th We are awaiting a phone call from Comcast. I make sure to have my phone on me at WORK to ensure that someone will call and that I don't miss a representative. I receive a call at 3:18pm from 1-800-266-2278. It's an automated message from Comcast informing me that if I don't return my equipment to the nearest Comcast drop off I will have to endure $500 charges. No the call I was expecting. It's clear that Account Management is not a top priority to Comcast. Why would I receive a phone call relating to an entire different issue? I inform my husband to call Comcast to find out what's going on. A representative informed us that someone would call us by 7:00pm that evening to reschedule a time. 7:00pm 7:00pm rolls around and there is once again no phone call. WE have to call Comcast again to help. Why would the customer have to call again when promised a phone call from a MANAGER. We get on the phone again and once again they can't reschedule us for an immediate time. We ask to speak to a Manager and apparently all the Managers were busy. So they informed us they would call back. 8:00pm We have had it with Comcast and their lack of Customer service, Client Account Management and the Managers themselves. Why could no one have been able to help us?? There is no reason as to why a customer has to endure all of this just to have their services transferred over. So we decide to become proud customers of Direct TV. Who is able to get someone out to us the following day!! It's funny because they asked who was previous provider and we said Comcast, and they informed us that they have received many new clients from Comcast due to their lack of customer service. 9:00pm We call Comcast to have our service cancelled. And then they have the nerve to ask why. Well maybe if the representative would have seen information about our account a question like that would not have been asked. So we explained again and she looked at our account and said "well it appears you missed your appointment" It's apparently obvious that whoever has been helping with our account and Comcast for that matter, believe that WE are at Fault. Now I ask you after reading all of this, put yourselves in our shoes and imagine how irritated and how much time has been wasted on your part, is this our fault?? Comcast, I think that this corporation better figure out how to handle their accounts and have every personnel going through training and learn the basics such as: "¢ Leaving a message "¢ Answering a telephone "¢ Making promises you keep. I assure you that if there are not changes made within this company, your clientele will significantly drop. Let me be the first to say that I am going to be mailing this letter to as many people as I know and include several copies to your corporate, better business bureau and our local newspapers. This is not a proper way to run a business. There is nothing that can be done to fix this issue that could have been solved easily within that first hour of this problem. Instead your company was blaming US!

I moved last year. There was no phone line in my appartment. A new line had to be laid from the node in to th building and then in to my appartment.

I waited 10 months! hmmmmm your few days make me laugh. Please post all over I need the laugh.

Good lord you got the run around a little. I spent 10 months paying for parking, driving in to the shop weekly, wasting my time and money for 10 FREAKING MONTHS! You have a few days? Please.

Why moan and slobber? You switched and you should be happy. Do you have a problem with lack of attention? There's medication for that. You should get some. You need it. BADLY!

Dallas, Texas
Product
Comcast Account

I call comcast to lower.........

I called comcast to lower my package,and I was told that I would be charged $15, but my account has a promotion to have the internet for $24.99 instead of $42. then I was told that I would be charge $1 and something to up grade. On October 14th, I will be calling to cancel the *** service. We basically have to pay them to give them more ore less money. SCREW COMCAST....... I've written a letter to my landlord advising them of the problem, it's either we have the option of the Dish or Comcast, or I will not be renewing my lease...
Chicago, Illinois
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast took my car payment and applied it towards my comcast bill

Last week I recieved a bill for this months car payment. I opened it to discover it showed me still owing for last months payment. I knew I sent the payment through my bill pay. I called my bank. After a few minutes the person said my payment got sent to Comcast. Not only was my creditors name on the account, but the account number as well. It hhad gone to the wrong address. Comcast recieved the money, saw that it had someone elses name and account number and cashed it. They never called me . I have been strung along promised to be called back and the end result...... I had to finally call up again, settle for part of the money back and I (this is the *** part)have towait 3to 4 weeks to get my money back.This company is so unprofessional and lacks any type of integrity. Jon-Paul Magan

lol who do you bank with so I can make shure I dont use them. :grin

You're a retard, how is this Comcast's problem? All they see is their acct number and the amount from the bank.

The bank didn't tell them it was for your car payment and they wanted to make a quick buck and put it towards your account. Quit wasting everybody's time and quit being a freaking ***!

What does you bank have to say?

I would think that they bank could handle Comcast for this much easier than you and I would definitely try that route.

I worked at a bank for years and years and the bank should have caught this error before it was ever deposited into Comcast's account.

View more comments (2)
San Jose, California
Product
Comcast Account

Comcast's lack of customer service is amazing

We have had digital cable for about a year and a half. During that time we have gotten Disney On Demand since the beginning. About 2-3 months ago we noticed my grandson was not able to get Imagination Movers. I called customer service and asked if they had changed the tiers and was assured that they had not. They were aware of the problem and they were working on it. A month later when we still were not able to get the service I called back. Again was assured the tiers had not changed and that I need a service technician to visit and repair it. A visit was scheduled and the tech arrived and immediately said that he couldn't repair it and had been able to repair another customer with the same problem a few weekds ago. After wasting about an hour of my time he said he was sure the tiers had changed after I told him I had asked that. When he left I called to complain to a supervisor about the lack of knowledge in the company and the amount of my time that had been wasted to accomplish what could have been accomplished with my first phone call. I was told the supervisor would have to call me back. That was 3 weeks ago. I have not heard from a supervisor. The lack of customer service evidently goes up the chain of command.

I’ve been visiting your blog for a while now and I always find a gem in your new posts. Thanks for sharing.

one day i went shopping outside,and in an ed hardy store,I found some kinds of ed hardy i love most they are Your website is really good Thank you for the information links of london online links of london online links of london fine jewellery links of london fine jewellery love links of london love links of london links of london jewellery stockists links of london jewellery stockists links of london ring links of london ring links of london gold links of london gold authentic links of london authentic links of london links of london shop links of london shop links craft links craft 2010 link of london 2010 link of london 2010 New Arrivals 2010 New Arrivals 2010 New Arrivals link of london 2010 New Arrivals link of london 2010 new link of london 2010 new link of london Thank you for the information

To me who appears ignorant in your post is obvious, CSR.

:grin

here is a thought - mabey, since your kids favorite channel is not available, you could take the time to go for a walk with him or mabey read him a book or teach him to play baseball or bake a batch of cookies. If you did any of those things the US of A would not have so many fat ignorant illiterate people in it. what the *** did you do with your time before Cable was invented - thank god your constitution provides for the right to bear arms - the rest of the world has some hope that you will self exterminate

Where is the state attorney general when it comes to this rip off cable company?

Sorry. The first post was suppose to be in reply to the reply to my original post.

To Annoyed Customer,I hear you even if Comcast does NOT.

I also called the 1-800 number to get the digital boxes. When I got a computer I hung up and dialed my local number to place the order. After ordering the 2 boxes (which will also leave 2 of our tv's boxless) I told the rep about my recent customer service problems and that I had been waiting for over 3 weeks for a customer service rep to return my call. He transferred me to a supervisor and I went over the story again from beginning to end. She apologized and gave me her direct number. I told her the tech has told me that Comcast did not make their customer service representatives aware of what service the customer was paying for which, to me, boggles the mind. :upset She admitted that that was a problem and told me that the service rep I had spoken with who was going to have a supervisor call me back was outsourced and she would make sure they knew about the situation. Outsourced? Perhaps that is the problem. She also gave me her direct number should any other problems arise.

I hope your year contracts time speeds by and you can change service providers if that is what you choose.

I am going to stay put for the time being in the hopes that any further issues can be addressed with the local number. I plan to avoid the 1-800 and the Comcast on line representatives of Comcast Customer Dis-service like the plague. I really have my fingers crossed that Comcast doesn't further disappoint me.

What do you think the odds are? :grin

What do you think the odds are? :grin

:( You aren't kidding! Their customer service SUCKS!!!!!! :(

This is an ACTUAL TRANSCRIPT OF an interaction between a COMCAST "analyst" and myself, an ANNOYED CUSTOMER. Look at how helpful they are--NOT!!!!!!!! The *** even ADVISES me that I can buy a cable box THAT WON'T WORK!!!!

user Annoyed Customer has entered room

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:50:54 EDT 2009)>DTA Order Entry

analyst Roy.39113 has entered room

Roy.39113(Mon Oct 5 15:51:11 EDT 2009)>Hello Annoyed Customer, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Roy.39113. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Roy.39113(Mon Oct 5 15:51:16 EDT 2009)>hi! How are you doing today?

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:51:29 EDT 2009)>I am doing poorly.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:51:39 EDT 2009)>I just got a letter from COMCAST/

Roy.39113(Mon Oct 5 15:51:45 EDT 2009)>How can I assist you today?

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:52:00 EDT 2009)>They are telling me that I have to get DIGITAL ADAPTER BOXES if I want to keep watching TV

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:52:07 EDT 2009)>I have MANY TVs in my house.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:52:14 EDT 2009)>You only provide TWO for free.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:52:20 EDT 2009)>I will need more than two

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:52:36 EDT 2009)>I am being told I have to PAY FOR SOMETHING I WAS GETTING FOR NO ADDITIONAL COST.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:52:43 EDT 2009)>Consequently, I am ANNOYED.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:52:50 EDT 2009)>No, more than annoyed--FURIOUS.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:53:13 EDT 2009)>I have five additional televisions BESIDES the one with the digital box on it.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:53:18 EDT 2009)>We don't USE THEM ALL THE TIME.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:53:24 EDT 2009)>We use them when family visits.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:53:36 EDT 2009)>Now my visiting family will not be able to watch TV in their rooms.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:53:52 EDT 2009)>You did not TELL ME ABOUT THIS WHEN YOU LOCKED ME INTO A ONE YEAR AGREEMENT.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:54:05 EDT 2009)>It is causing VERY NEGATIVE FEELINGS ON MY PART.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:54:16 EDT 2009)>I will not be continuing with COMCAST once my year is up.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:54:45 EDT 2009)>In fact, I will be sounding the alarm to everyone about what you've pulled with this sneaky "You Need A Box For Every TV" bait-n-switch.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:55:01 EDT 2009)>DO YOU OFFER THESE BOXES FOR SALE?

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:55:17 EDT 2009)>I would rather buy them outright than pay you dribs and drabs every frigging month.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:55:38 EDT 2009)>I never thought I'd be stuck with a ten buck surcharge on my bill--sneaked in there with NO WARNING.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:55:46 EDT 2009)>Shame on COMCAST.

Roy.39113(Mon Oct 5 15:55:50 EDT 2009)>I am sure this has been an inconvenience; let's look into your account

to see how we can fix this today.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:56:04 EDT 2009)>No, you can't "fix" it.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:56:11 EDT 2009)>Is this a robot, or a real person?

Roy.39113(Mon Oct 5 15:56:31 EDT 2009)>The only option we provide for our boxes is leasing them.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:56:45 EDT 2009)>There is no "fixing"--COMCAST has decided that they are going digital, and they will only provide TWO DIGITAL ADAPTERS along with the *** box.

Roy.39113(Mon Oct 5 15:56:46 EDT 2009)>Shall I process the free boxes for you?

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:57:13 EDT 2009)>There is no place or way to PURCHASE THE BOXES?

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:59:07 EDT 2009)>Can you tell me why COMCAST did not tell customers about this before now? They obviously KNEW. I found out that they converted in other regions some time ago.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:59:20 EDT 2009)>I guess waiting for you to answer each question is a failed effort?

Roy.39113(Mon Oct 5 15:59:25 EDT 2009)>Yes, that is correct. You may option buy other adapters at Radio Shack or Best buy. But will will not be compatible with our signal.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 15:59:50 EDT 2009)>Well, there would be no point in buying boxes that do not work.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:00:04 EDT 2009)>Do you offer wireless communication--LIKE FIOS does?

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:00:18 EDT 2009)>FIOS has a wireless option for their TV service.

Roy.39113(Mon Oct 5 16:01:24 EDT 2009)>We currently do not have that option available.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:02:52 EDT 2009)>I realize you are either just an employee or a robot, and you do not control the management of the company, but I am one seriously pissed off customer. I originally got COMCAST because I could get basic service through the cable wire WITHOUT ALL THOSE DUST CATCHING BOXES THAT CLUTTER UP THE SET TOP AND LOOK HIDEOUS. Now I am being told that I have to stick ANOTHER frigging box on my TVs, and I will have to pay two dollars for each TV in my LARGE HOUSE for TVs that are probably used two or three months out of the year....at VARYING TIMES, so getting boxes, and then turning them in, is NOT AN OPTION.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:03:10 EDT 2009)>You are basically SCREWING ME OUT OF TEN BUCKS A MONTH in addition to what I am already paying.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:03:15 EDT 2009)>I am FURIOUS.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:03:32 EDT 2009)>I will cancel my COMCAST SERVICE WHEN MY CONTRACT IS UP.

analyst Roy.39113 has been temporarily disconnected. Please wait while the analyst attempts to reconnect.

analyst Roy.39113 has entered room

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:03:59 EDT 2009)>I will advise ALL of my friends and relatives to not use your service.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:04:14 EDT 2009)>Hanging up on me doesn't make the situation any more palatable.

Roy.39113(Mon Oct 5 16:04:33 EDT 2009)>Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:04:44 EDT 2009)>I would like you to pass this information and this extreme customer dissatisfaction on to your bosses.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:05:21 EDT 2009)>I would like you to tell them that I am an unhappy customer and I will be both cancelling my service as soon as my contract runs out, and I intend to "bad mouth" your service to everyone I meet, loudly.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:05:28 EDT 2009)>I really think you people pulled a fast one.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:05:39 EDT 2009)>You'll be the death of TV as we know it.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:06:17 EDT 2009)>Hellooooooooooo?

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:06:27 EDT 2009)>You guys don't really care, do you?

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:06:46 EDT 2009)>Once the customer is "on the hook," you're going to get your money, so you just don't care.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:07:16 EDT 2009)>I always thought those FIOS commercials were unfair...now I'm thinking "Eh, not so much!"

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:08:55 EDT 2009)>I was going to get COMCAST INTERNET. Now I'm going to just stay with DSL--I just don't want to be screwed by y'all with that, too.

Roy.39113(Mon Oct 5 16:10:41 EDT 2009)>I do apologize, as much as I want to process for free all of the digital device, the system will not allow me.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:11:05 EDT 2009)>Ah, yes...the "system."

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:11:23 EDT 2009)>Will you tell your bosses that they are going to lose customers as a consequence of this *** action?

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:11:32 EDT 2009)>Will you tell them that I am enraged?

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:11:56 EDT 2009)>Will you advise them that they lost an INTERNET customer as a consequence of this dumb move?

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:12:26 EDT 2009)>Will you tell them that I'll be moving over to FIOS as soon as my contractual obligation to COMCAST can be terminated?

Roy.39113(Mon Oct 5 16:12:41 EDT 2009)>I will make a note on that.

Roy.39113(Mon Oct 5 16:12:42 EDT 2009)>Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:13:32 EDT 2009)>No, COMCAST can not assist me with anything, apparently. All they can do is charge me ten dollars for equipment I never needed before, but now will have to have in order to provide television in my bedrooms.

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:13:40 EDT 2009)>I can't wait to switch providers.

Roy.39113(Mon Oct 5 16:13:59 EDT 2009)>Thank you for contacting Comcast, it has been a pleasure assisting you today. Please take a moment to participate in the survey by answering the pop-up questions when you click the "end session" button after this chat. We will greatly appreciate your feedback to help us improve our services.

Roy.39113(Mon Oct 5 16:14:03 EDT 2009)>You can visit us onlone at www.comcast.com/digitalnow. The www.comcast.com website also provides you information on where you can settle your payments, request for connectivity, get to know the latest pay-per-view events, view your channel line-ups and more!

Roy.39113(Mon Oct 5 16:14:04 EDT 2009)>lose

Annoyed Customer(Mon Oct 5 16:14:11 EDT 2009)>I am very disappointed in your service. And I have been a cable customer for many, many years.

Roy.39113(Mon Oct 5 16:14:07 EDT 2009)>Thank you for contacting Comcast! Comcast appreciates your business and values you as a customer. Our goal is to provide you with excellent service.

If you need additional assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800 COMCAST or through Live Chat (available 24 hours a day, seven days a week). Comcast also offers excellent FAQs and Help forums located at www.comcast.com to help you reach a resolution independently.

Good bye for now. Take care!

Roy.39113(Mon Oct 5 16:14:13 EDT 2009)>Analyst has closed chat and left the room

analyst Roy.39113 has left room

Remote Control Status: Disable View Only Full Control

Chat

View more comments (7)

Comcast - Outlandish Charges

I wanted to save Money but, I got the runaround from there Local call in center. They told me that I had to take the Cable box back to them before, They could lower my package. Why? I complained but got nowhere. I finally got my package changed but, they still wanted the box back. It doesn't make sense to me. I switched to expanded basic package Channels 2-69 and they are charging me an extra $5.00 a month for the box. But the whole thing is a ripoff because the music channels are a part of the basic package also Channels 401-446. So you already pay for these channels but unless you have the *** box you cannot get them. Therfore you are being charged twice for the service. Expanded basic should have the box at no extra charge. So my bill that should only be $39.00 a month is $55.00. This company is located in Manitowoc Wisconsin.
Hate W

Comcast does not care and in some communities like large apartment buildings ids the only option if you want tv reception. Just moved to a house and am glad i will have other options now

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comcast technican targeting elderly consumers

I don't know what the deal with Comcast is but I hope they are not trying to target and scam elderly people. My father and his wife who are both in their 70's decided to give internet a try. They got the 3 package in 1 (internet, telephone and cable). The Comcast technician came out and told them that their computer was too slow to take internet but that they could go to a store he knew that would sell them a computer for $200. My dad and his wife decided not to do that and cancelled it instead. My dad got the computer from my brother who works as a tech support personnel in a computer based business. My brother had used the computer before he had given it to my dad. My brother knew it was internet ready. My brother took the tower and brought it to his home because he already has internet, a much faster speed than what my father was ordering, and wanted to see if it would work there. Sure enough it did, even with the faster connection. My brother called Comcast and what is really sad about the whole situation is that the Comcast representative didn't appeared surprised that this had happened. My brother got the impression that the Comcast representative had heard this before and that Comcast wasn't doing anything about it. Instead, it appears they are allowing these technicians to take advantage of the elderly, non-computer illerate people, etc. Shame on them.
Bayside, New York

Comcast makes imaginary charges

I had service installed on 8/3/09. For the installation and initial service, there was a charge on the work order for $65.95 cents. The work order was signed and a check was written for $65.95. The next month, I get a bill stating there is a $35.52 unpaid balance on my account. Naturally, I call to find out what it is for and it is for installation. They claim it is related to a handwritten note made by the installation technician "New A/O by the attic". Nowhere on my work order does it say this is a $35.52 charge. First of all, I was here during the installation. The man never went near the attic. Complete opposite side of the house. Secondly, I signed for services totaling $65.95 and paid $65.95. Comcast is adding charges for something that was never done. They've promised me several times that a credit will show on my account balance. Still hasn't happened. I also love the canned answer to "May I speak with your supervisor?" "No, he is unavailable. I can put in a request to have him contact you."
Homestead, Florida