Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast in Fairfax, Virginia - Billing price more than twice quoted price

My husband just received his bill from Comcast for Internet and phone service. It was almost $300, much more than twice the price he was quoted on the phone. Comcast did the exact same thing to me a year ago, so I warned my husband to take notes. He did, and they quoted him the same prices they quoted me a year ago: $25/month for the first six months, then $45/month for the next six months. But he was billed for $60/month plus an $80 install charge plus a $35 activation fee, plus charges for two modems he did not ask for nor receive. How do we get a government agency to look into this? When you take an additional two hours of your time to get through their automated phone system and argue with them, they apologize and explain that their computer won't let them adjust the amount. The customer should pay the extra $100 to $200 dollars and expect a reduced bill sometime in the future. This is highly dishonest and probably illegal. Comblast has been doing this to their customers for years: * They quote a low price to get you to sign up with them. * They bill customers more than twice the quoted price. * They force customers to pay 3 to 4 months in advance, making money off of our money.

I was quoted an installation fee of $40 by TWO different Comcast reps. The installer also said Comcast WILL honor what they quoted me. I just got the bill and the installation fee was $145!

I need to find out how to contact the Better Business Bureau in the Northern Colorado area, but cannot find a telephone number for them.

I fought Comcast online CS for two weeks over a jacked up Bill and "free" promotional services that they would not honor. Finally I took the order confirmation and bill to the local Comcast/Xfinity office and they removed all of the extra charges and got my bill and services all back to what I had signed up for.

PLUS the kind lady gave me a 5% store discount, upgraded me with 80 additional channels, doubled my internet speed and gave me a free months service. And she warned me to NEVER order services and Never contact online CS.....only work with the local Comcast/Infinity Stores in person if at all possible.

Good advice! It's like working with a totally different company!

deb41rn

I definitely FEEL YOUR PAIN;!! Similar situation when I changed to new AT&T U-Verse and internet service.

There has to be a way to take legal action because these companies are dishonest and out and out liars on the phone. They will promise anything and everything to get consumers to change. It is a pain to go back and change back and THEY know it.

Most likely we try to work things out. Is there a legal action we can take.We need to band together and demand fairness.

View more comments (2)
Review

Extremely irritated with Comcast right now.

After working going over my order with two people, one even in persone, they still couldn't get my order right. The guys showed up today and only had me down for modem and one cable box (should have been two) so they didn't show up with the 2nd box. Then they said there was no connection to the street (even though previous tenants had Comcast before). So they leave without putting my place back together. The outlet box was wide open with insulation and wires hanging out. Then, for the icing on top, they disconnected something which broke my DirectTV connection. So now I have no TV at all. Thanks for NOTHING Comcast!! You guys need to get your act together. I had you guys in Oregon and you were great. Not so much in Maryland (Carrol County).
Review

Comcast in Arlington, Virginia - Raised rates, billing statement too complicated to understand

Comcast Cable continue to raise my rates even after I turned in some of their equipment I can't afford. Called several times for an explanation but they seem to always make it too complicated to understand. Even the paper billing I received in the mail is too complicated to understand. When calling on the phone they always want you to wait for a call-back because they are supposedly waiting on other customers. The call back can take as long as 2 hours. When I finally get their call-back I can be on the phone with a customer service rep for at least 20 minutes. One call to them in particular on 3/22/12 lasted about 8 minutes, then he put me on hold for another 32 minutes. I couldn't hold on any longer. This is the last straw. I am in the process of contacting the Public Service Commission of my state. If that dosen't work, then maybe I will start a class action law suit.
nikalseyn

Time to go with someone else, n'est pas?

Suit for what??????????????????????????? :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :upset :upset :upset :upset :upset :upset :upset :upset :upset :upset :upset :upset :upset :upset :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Comcast Epic Install Fail

After a week of being lied to by Comcast, Not returning my calls and totally failing on the install, I have had enough. This video says it all. Simply copy and paste into your browser since this site won't allow links. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zVzoWtF7r8 A perfect example of what a monopoly in a given market will produce, lack of competition means they don't have to give their best to get your business and can ignore complaints since they know you have no other providers to take your business to. I hope this video goes viral!!!

May 3rd - 2 weeks ago my wife had enough and sent an e-mail to Andy Wise who is an investigative reporter and consumer advocate in the Memphis area. He simply forwarded the email to someone high level in Comcast and two days later our the tech was here and re-ran the cable. But still no word from them about fixing my wall.

Update:

There was supposed to be a tech here today to redo the cable runs but as expected from Comcast, they didn't show.

I am at my wits end with these people and I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on someone I can call such as consumer advocates or regulatory boards, etc...

Comcast throttling algo is written by 2 year olds

So, I was watching a Youtube video and Comcast blows up my connection and stops it cold ofr 5 minutes. JUST YOUTUBE. I am not downloading movies or anything exciting. And netflix is getting blackballed by the carrier and my connection is often horked to Netflix because comcast is trying to pimp their crummy XFinity deal. YOU SUCK COMCAST. And then of course HULU comes in fine because the studios have a great deal. Comcast's throttler is just punishing people who are doing legal streaming because they want us to watch their garbage Xfinity. And I PAY 70 bucks a month for rate limited internet? Who do these guys think they are???
ed15206

This System screwed up this complaint is for hhGreg

ed15206

Made several huge purchases with the Monroeville, Pennsylvania newly opened store. They had great pricing and were willing to bend that good pricing even furlther just to get the sales number.

How ever deliver was terrible damaged door way of home and pryed floorboard off in attempt to get it in. Promised to take care of it. Nothing happened. I have been placed on hold by Asia a rude rep who had me on hold for close to two hours.

At first the manager was busy with a nother customer then after I asked for her name placed me back on hold again. I am on hold as I type this complaint. The Whirlpool range we purchased in May of 2011 has only worked one time. The oven will glow but not light.

Kelsy the manager has given us the supreme run around. The customer is horindous. We purchased top line product and we did great pricing but the customer service after the sale is the worse. The corporate office is not much better in assisting a customer.

I have listened for hours how great hhGreg is, they started their business in 1955 in Indianopolis and the hype goes on. However these people new a rude awakening. They will treat you terribly. By the way I am still on hold.

The most important thing to hhGreg is the sale. Anyuthing after that let the chips fall where they may. A refund or exchange is not something they want to deal with. You being pleased with the sale is not something they are concerned about.

Well HH and Fancy you guys are to be ashamed of yourselves. Trying to get the range serviced. The high end miocrowave we had installed stays on until unplugged. If you purchase from them good luck.

Buy the warranty, you'll still argue with them but at least perhaps you can take them to court or something. May as well have brou ght it off a guy on the corner in New York. I believe I would have had a better chance of getting my money back or at least have his cousin Vetto come out and fix it.

I guess to summarize. BUYER BEWARE!

Loss

Comcast Forces Customers to Use DTA at Increased Cost

MA customer not happy with latest Comcast changes and fees. First Comcast provided a signal for TV's to work inside your home. Then chnages came about requiring a control box, then DTA were required. Now, my TV worked without an adapter one day and the next it doesn't work. I'm told Comcast now requires all TV's that connect to a cable (in my house) to have a cable box or DTA. Comcast provides 2 DTA's free, but all others cost $1.99 each per month. Why do I need to spend more money per month and use more electricity? This is a rip-off!! Skip

Never RENT any equipment from coNcast. Waste of money.

Most basic digital channels can be viewed with newer digital tvs, since 2008.

If you want more channels, use the internet to view what you really want and use a video cable to hook the pc to the tv. DONE !

Review

Comcast Internet - WORST FIRST-TIME SERVICE EVER!

This is the first time I've ever had any sort of internet service on my own. Before this, my mom would always get dial-up, which I hated, or I would just go over to my friends' houses and *** off their internet. After I moved into my own place, I decided I wanted to get the internet. Well, Verizon was more expensive where I'd moved to because of "special wires" that supposedly also shoot fantastic laser shows once a week or some ***, so I opted for Comcast. The service was great, technician was fast, setup was painless. Everything was perfect. But then, just shy of me having the service a month, I started having problems with the service. I would literally get cut off while sitting here, minding my own business, reading an article or cruising Facebook. And this would happen over and over and over. It would be fine for a few hours, then cut off inexplicably, then cut right back on. So I asked for a technician to come over and fix it. "Since it's your first time, we won't charge you." Technician refreshed the router, everything was fine. Next day, same problem started right back up again. "Since it's the same problem, we'll send another technician out, and we won't charge you." Technician replaced the modem. Everything was fine. A few days later, a woman calls claiming to be from Comcast. I complained to her about how it took them a whole week to fix a simple problem, and that I didn't appreciate the hassle. Same day my internet starts cutting off and on again. Since then, I have made several calls, all resulting in some form of "we can send someone out, but we can't say if you'll get charged or not, because everything looks okiley dokiley over here." It has been two weeks since I started having problems. This is ridiculous. I'll be switching over to Verizon and their fancy wires.

Comcast has the worst customer service. Period.

This same problem happened to me. Comcast kept telling me everything was fine. They told me that it was my modem. I bought a new one and the same problem continued to happen.

They finally came out and checked the lines, and it was a problem with their line from the pole to the house. Luckily, I live in the Chattanooga area, where we can get fiber optic Internet through the Electric Power Board.

I switched to them, and no more problems with horrible customer service. Make life a little more stress-free.

Review
I signed up for Comcast Cable Internet Service (Now XFInity) for my home office in early 2011. Service was OK apart from the typical, occasionally arrogant blowhard in tech support. Speed was not too laggy and uptime was fair -- maybe 5 outages ranging from a few...

Evenmorepissedconsumer: don't pay them and change providers. If they want to sue you for a few hundred dollars, you can say they provided lousy service, document what you can and you'll probably win.

My attorney said they'd have to take it to small claims. No need for you to sue them so long as you don't mind harassing phone calls until they eventually get the hint. They won't listen to you, so don't bother wasting breath talking to them. That's been my experience with them.

Just another big, *** company that handles it's customers with procedures instead of quality service and personnel. *** em.

View more comments
Review

Comcast in Albuquerque, New Mexico - Worst phone/internet service EVER!!!

Frequent (daily and sometimes hourly) breaks in connectivity. Dropped calls and breaks in internet service are a daily problem with Comcast. Despite numerous customer service calls, countless reboots of the modem and a visit by a bad attitude technician, the problem persists. Save yourself the frustration and go with Century Link for phone/internet and DirectTv for cable programming. I normally do not write reviews or complaints and simply stop giving my business to a company when dissatisfied, but this experience has been so *** BAD that I am hoping to help others avoid the frustration that I've endured for the past year.

Comcast Random Bill Raise

Comcast recently wrote me and told me that they have been "incorrectly charging me for the past 4 months" and that they are now going to raise my bill. But be happy! They aren't going to charge me for the past months that they didn't raise my bill for no reason. Randomly writing customers to notify them that all the sudden they will be charged more? Only a cable company would do this.. I'm not sure how long it will take for these companies that the switching costs for consumers are not that low. Looks I'll be jumping back to a different service soon (verizon, dish, direct).