Show reviews that mention
service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem people account
Filter review

Comcast, poor customer service

Scheduled to upgrade my cable TV to include Phone and Internet access...the service man disconnected my phone on FEB 14th and failed to connect service. After many phone calls to the company's contact number 713-341-1000, I became irate due to the fact that this company has no communication skills with it's field staff and do not assist there customers (although I advised them that I needed my local phone for Emergency use)...it was continually difficult to speak to anyone about the initial phone person, each 'supervisor' I spoke to advised me there was nothing they could do...one kept saying "I'm afraid...." at which I advised they should be afraid..if this was the service they provided. In addition to calling the company (at least 4 times) I also emailed the Vice President of Customer Service...who guaranteed 24 hour contact...I received no contact via email or phone. I continually asked the customer service person (supervisors) for the address of the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) and was advised that they do not have that address...that I should look it up on line (I can only presume they assume I have internet...apparently not thru them tho...as they haven't connected me yet). As service providers to my area, I feel they have a certain Monopoly and feel they do not need to provide "good" customer service... The service I have received up to this point is beyond POOR.

you people are complete idiots - its not comcast's job to sign your contract - if you lose the paper work THAT IS YOUR FAULT not comcast - they are a cable company not a daycare service. Also a promo that is put out for NEW customers is for NEW customers not for some jack *** who feels he should get special treatment

I just switch over from another service to comcast and I agree it is the worst service of any utility service I have ever had. I do not like nothing about comcast to put in words all the issues would take a long long time.

They are extremely UNPROFESSIONAL.

They did not port my line as promise. They quote me one price over the phone and when the tech showed up he had something different and then said the sells people say anything for a sell (its all lies) when the first tech show up he said he was new on the job and didnt know much, so he had to call the TECH DEPT for help, but he had to pretend like he was a CONSUMER ...otherwise he would be charged. He didnt know basic things to get the job done...the SECOND tech although knowledgeable and capable was able to move the line ...except he could not move the line where I wanted it, because COMCAST didn't have my original number ported as promised by several indivduals.

THe second tech and the complaint department told me the first tech was fired for stealing..imagine they sent a theif to my house ..... I just dont believe COMCAST has so so many issues...its a horrible company and their work is really substandard...now they are sending me a bill for shoty work I am so so dissappointed and wish I had left things the way they were

May 30th a Comcast tech came to hook up my cable for a 12 month digital cable promo that included HBO. I have a receipt and everything.

Yesterday I called Comcast, when I realized that my HBO was not working. They claimed that I was suppose to sign a contract that I didn't know was coming in the mail, and since I didn't, they moved me to a six month promo. By the way, they took me off the six month promo one month early. I am currently on the regular contract rate.

They are dishonest, and apparently banking on people losing their paperwork. Not me, not today!

I dumped ***-cast and dropped their cable from my home. It now sits across the street in a pile at the base of a pole.

They (initally) offered the $99.00/month deal for cable, tv and telephone to new customers only. I called and wanted the same deal. They told me no, new customers only. O.k.

A new cable outfit came to town. I successfully changed EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON MY STREET (SAVE FOR 2) OVER TO THE NEW CABLE COMPANY. The new cable companyis 100 times better. They give MORE FOR LESS.

Over a year later and it is still a bed of roses. If you can dump ***-cast, I would do so.

View more comments (3)
Comcast Tv Service
Loss

Comcast cable just Bites!

Seriously, if there was something better out there...EVERYONE would get it. It's just really sad that we have to deal with *** customer service rep's who have a mean streak a mile wide every day. I realize it must suck to work there for that pay too but suck it up and stop being to friggen angry and taking it out on people who call in. There's always Walmart people!! You could be working there ya know so lighten up! And DO NOT get me started on how rude the contractors are when they are in your home!

I agree. For whatever reason, I have been completely cut off from all of my email!

I have service at my house but for the past week, people have been calling me to tell me that their emails to me keep getting bounced back. So outside of the ridiculous prices I spend on BASIC cable and the underwhelming download speeds, I'm now the victim of someone driving by and knocking over my mailbox with a baseball bat.

I've already had Cavalier at my office with very little incident and it seems like they now win my personal account as well. Has this happened to anyone else?

For whatever reason, I have been completely cut off from all of my email! I have service at my house but for the past week, people have been calling me to tell me that their emails to me keeep getting bounced back.

View more comments (1)
Houston, Texas
I pay $60 a month for cable and received about 75 channels including unwanted shopping channels. Comcast recently removed a substantial number of long time standard watchable channels to its “Digital lineup”. As I was paying for access to these channels...

No, you need 2 contact your states attorney generals office!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast Tv Service

Comcast - Poor Customer Service disconnected local line before new svc connected

Requesting a bundle pkg, I took off work for installation, appt set up for bet. 11-2PM on Feb 14, 2008, I arrived home at about 11:10 AM and apparently missed the guy. Called comcast to check, they told me they couldn't tell until after 2PM. Called after 2 and was told 'he' was still in the area, and should be by. NO SHOW. Called to reschedule, was told it would take 2 weeks. Come to find out, my local phone was disconnected on the 14th by comcast....Now i have no local service until they can come back out (the soonest is Feb 25 bt 2-4PM...which means I have to take another day off work)......I called and spoke to 4 diff. people at comcast, requesting a supervisor...to no avail. finally got a voice mail. when no one returned my calls, I called again. Got 'another' Supervisor "Oscar"...who has an Operator ID of TC( (closed parenthesis symbol???- what the *** is that???, and ID with a 'closed parenthesis symbol' get real.....and his Supr/Mgr is IVAN, but IVAN does not have a last name or an Operator ID as he is a manager? and he can't actually take calls or call people back?) I can only assume COMCAST is lucky to have any customers at all...no wonder so many are going to Direct TV, even a small amount of CUSTOMER Service is better than NONE.
Brookport, Illinois
Comcast Bundle
Loss
Comcast costumer service is a big fat *** joke. I got rid of them purely because everytime I needed something from costumer service- there was this problem, or that problem. Since I have cancelled and moved to DISH network, Ive been in heaven. Even when DISH gave me...

whenever I need additional service I find myself waiting on you. I called 4 days ago about an alarm system as was told that someone would call me back.

I called back today after never receiving a call what is with that?

You have other companies looking for a sale. I’m a customer being treated like ***!!!!!

Comcast bundle a joke!!!

I got the Comcast high speed internet, cable and telephone bundled together. The order went fine. From there it was all downhill. I had more service techs come out than anyone should have. The service was hit and miss. A tech said it was all the stuff running off the cable the more you run on it the weaker the signal. They do not tell you that when they are hawking it. Don't sell what you cannot keep up and running. I now have a dish and verizon service they have it all together and it works fine!!! I won't go back to comcast for any reason.

How did you get out of your contract?? we got our bundle in Nov of 2011 too and are very dissatisfied and want to go back to direct tv bundle.

shut up comcaster. comcast is a joke.. we got forced into getting these digi boxs and the channel often gets hung or becomes unavailable hours at a time :/

#319344

Reading the comcast responses reminds me of the last time I had cable decades ago. Customer service have a "take it or leave it attitude".

Comcaster#2 and Comcaster are taking the "not our fault approach" and are generally being ***. Customer service etiquette is not Comcast's strong suit.

#195769

Cable plants are designed so that you have enough singal for up to 4 outlets. When you go beyond that or alter the cable yourself or use your own equipment it changes its integrity.

You cannot compare verizon, att and dish to a system that uses Fiber Optics to broadband coax, you just cant. You can try that reinvention of the wheel but sooner or later if you want undeniable fast service and superb picture quality, you'll be back.

My Comcast internet is below DSL levels when testing the speed on the internet. Congestion management? Very poor service.

One can blame the company for consumers that split the signal so many times in their home. When you go over 4 devices you need a amplifier. Its not a matter of maintaining the services, they consumer plays a big part as well.

View more comments (5)
Washington, District Of Columbia
I cancelled my Comcast service in October 2007. Between that time and the beginning of February 2008 I received 2 statements showing that I owed money for service dates ocurring after I cancelled. The first time I called Comcast and they said it was a mistake, they...
Cumming, Georgia

Comcast - Sent to collections

After three days of a simple call to change my service address, I received a automated call from a company hired to intimidate and threaten consumers. They did not know exactly what they wanted from me. Turns out they wanted my equipment. They told me i was a deadbeat and I even though I pay monthly for the equipment, it is comcast's. Once they realized a mistake, told to call comcast. Comcast had no idea that the company existed. I asked to speak to a supervisor, was told "shut your mouth and listen". I never received any calls from supervisor and told none will be available for me. I cancelled my service immediately. My life is 10% happier.
Marietta, Georgia

Pissed Comcast Customer

Comcast complaints can be made by calling this number. 1-800-593-9692. This is a number that is sacred to comcast employees, and comcast employees will not give it to you willingly It reached my hands "in error" if I should say. It is funny how you can easily google 1-800-COMCAST, and get over 300,000 search results, and... God forbid you try to google 1-800-593-9692. No search results, plus this number is not listed anywhere on Comcast's website!! There! You have it. Call over 100 times if you have to. I had to make over 10 phonecalls to have my service restored. It took 8 days for them to come.

I was talked into purchasing a phone line in addition to my business internet in order to save money on the installation and monthly rate. I called to cancel the service but they would not do so because I did not have the security pin.

I had to request a new pin only available via mail. By the time I received it, the 30 day cancellation period ended. I am now told that I would owe nearly $700 in order to cancel the phone line.

They refuse to discuss the matter beyond telling me that the 30 days has passed. The sales rep was Kahlil El

kahlil_el@cable.comcast.com

Phone: 610.234.3786

They are criminals. Awful. Burn in ***..

this is a shame when you call and your transferred several times and it just hangs up on you, its also a shame that Comcast has the worst answering system. I have spent several hours and had them tell me that it want happen again.

Cannot seem to get bill charged out like it is suppose to be.

Always over charging and they want pay you back there figure out a way to rebill and up charge for something else. Worst cable company in the world.

The comcast experience should be shared with newly weds... Take notes, be specific, every detail.

You will benefit from

this happening, this chapter in your life, you will be an educated consumer after this test. Thank you, guido.

I tried to reach that number however, I received an error message stating this number can not be reached from my calling area

:? comcast sucks to the highest of sucktivity went out in the middle of superbowl called in service out for three days bill constantly goes up every month,jackson ms will be leaving comcast goes out whenever it rains

Ok' so I decide to change from comcast to Att. I return my equipment (takes one and a half hours to do) and am advised not to pay bill until final bill comes in a couple of weeks.

New bill comes. Doubles old bill. I call and rep apologizes and says that they will make proper adjustment. I question late charge, asking how I can be dunned when I didn't get a bill.

They agree to remove late charge. Two weeks later new bill comes, no late charge but fifty buck charge for not returned equipment. I explain that I did return the equipment and that I have receipt for same. They apologize tell me it will be fixed in two days or less.

I offer to fax receipt, they tell me no need. Week later, new bill comes, still has charge for not returned equipment, I call and they tell me to fax copy of receipt. This bill threatens to refer me to collection agency. I speak with rep and rep tells me that if receipt is forwarded to them that there will be no referral to agency.

Today bill comes from collection agency - weirdly enough or correct amount. I call comcast, they tell me that I own twice as much as I actually do through automatic menu, when i speak with agent he tells me I owe a hundred bucks more than I owe.

Agent tells me to fax receipt. These people SUCK

June 28, Getting 28 t0 50 KBs upload now for a month.

Thedownload is so slow Face book doesn't even work.

I called 5 days ago and the said it would be resolved.

XFinity My Butt. More like X-Wife..

Well there ya go... Comcast Crooks..

My mother visited Comcast located inside the Brandsmart store at 7260 North Kendall Dr. in Miami Fl.

to inquire about your services and possibly switching from AT&T U-verse to Comcast and one of your employees, who identified himself as George Alvarez, was extremely bad mannered to her after she did not accept the recommendation of the services he suggested.

She just wanted to consult with her family before making a decision to switch her services. She is a senior citizen and I personally find that his actions are not only unprofessional but disrespectful and gives a dreadful reputation to your company to a potential customer who was merely inquiring about your services.

Had an appointment today at 2 all I got was a dumb machine call did not give it any attention because that machine called up the previous day telling me that "IF YOU WERE NOT TO CANCEL THIS SERVICE, YOU SHOULD NOT DO ANYTHING AT THIS TIME." Called them up and they said I cancelled the appointment by not calling back. Huh?!?

that's the dumbest thing a CABLE company can do; rely on a MACHINE to tell you if the customer is still willing to get cable service from you. On top of that, those call center people can't even get a hold of the technicians out in the field.

View more comments (41)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Comcast Internet Service
Loss
I was a Direct Sales Installer in Beaverton, Oregon. Complained to Curt Henninger about corruption in my department involving my co-worker, Chris McQuery, our lead, Alan Jost, our supervisor, Don Willis, Don's supervisor, Tim Ream, and Tim's supervisor, Mike...

boy could I tell you stories about NJ , same stuff

ID
#111945 Review #111945 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Portland, Oregon
Comcast Internet Service
all of you uneducated consumers out their *** and moaning about the sub standard customer care you received with comcast is SERIOUSLY making me want to puke! NO ONE CARES!! i am a current employee of comcast and a representative for their video repair department. ...
#208608

Verizon recently cut my Comcast cable line when installing fiber optics in my area. Called Comcast and they came out three days later and put a temporary cable line in across my lawn and then charged me for the service call and admitted they were charging Verizon too!

That's so unfair.

Then they came back two weeks later and put the temporary line about two inches in my lawn and left. They are just plain lazy@

Seattle, Washington
Comcast Technical Support

Comcast lacks Quality Assurance

Over the last four years we've had nothing but trouble with installation, and this year our frustration was compounded trying to get a billing error corrected due to an improper installation billing---what ever happened to the Customer is Always Right? The money amount is minimal, but it is the principle of the thing. If somebody stole $40 out of your wallet, wouldn't you call the authorities? In this case, it doesn't seem to matter much to Comcast if we get our money or we don't. We've made many calls, a personal visit, and used Comcast's computer chat feature to try and solve our problem. When the installer filed his paperwork, he claimed an added wall installation and a "professional install"--neither of which were performed. It took us several calls after he left to get up and running. We've invited Comcast personnel into our home to confirm that he did not install an added plug-in, but they did not take us up on our invitation. On three occasions, they promised to credit our bill...and they did not. Calls were not returned; promises were broken; representatives lacked proper knowledge and telephone ethics; technicians passed the buck to software companies; and installers have left our home without setting us up properly. We are more frustrated and disappointed than anything else. At one time we called and the lady who answered said, "What do you expect me to do about it?" and then she hung up on us. To us, dealing with Comcast's customer service has truly been a nightmare.
Naples, Florida
Comcast Installation

Comcast, still awaiting my deposit

After cancelling Comcast Cables' TV, internet and phone - I am still waiting for my equipment deposit credit back from them after 7 months. They were quick to take my $189/ month for over 20 yrs, but slow to return a credit. I got the run around from customer service and waited on the phone for 40 minutes. Verizon Fios is much clearer for tv, much faster internet and more reliable phone service. Comcast will be losing more and more market share- but how rude not to return a good customer's deposit hoping we would forget about it (@$75). A Happy Verizon Fios customer
Malvern, Pennsylvania

COMCAST IS THE WORST

I am renting a home in Florida for 6 weeks. They have COMCAST as their provider. I ordered additional Cable Services from COMCAST during my stay. It is now 7:00pm. I am waiting for the COMCAST Installer who was supposed to be at my house between 4 pm and 6 pm to add the additional cable services. He hasn't arrived. I was also on hold for 20 minutes after having pressed the appropriate telephone button for repair service. I was finally greeted by the billing department who then put me on hold for a trouble call dispatcher. I hung up after 30 minutes. Tomorrow, I will cancel my order with COMCAST. I canHow does this company stay in business.
Honolulu, Hawaii

Comcast should be investigated

I reside in Nashville, Tennessee and Comcast cable service here is absolutely HORRIBLE! Many of my complaints stem from the most obvious and makes you wonder why you pay so much every month (even with the constant price increases and channel changes) for something that really, if you think about it, is not worth the money you paid for it. 1. You can ask three customer service reps the same question and receive three different answers. Does this company even train their employees regarding cable services provided by Comcast? 2. Comcast has a message service that advertises worthless tidbits of information. How about posting when you are changing channels and rate changes? Many of us dont know of these changes until we receive the bill or flip through channels to notice that a channel you once had is no longer in the lineup. 3. Comcast had two rate increases last year (early spring and in the winter). Why so many and so often? Why has service not improved? 4. Why is there no other cable provider? Is Comcast the only conglomerate that, because it's the only "spoiled child", is willing to take more money from its customers since there is no other competition? What of Charter? I wish someone with the FCC or some other commission would come in and investigate the practices of Comcast. Many, MANY people are dissatisfied and feel they have no other choice but to select them. Our only choice is Dish Services and DirectTV but they offer sattelite services. Pity. They could make a killing with a lot of unhappy Comcast cable customers. I laugh when I see the commercial that states "... Comcast is the nation's leading cable provider..." It's the leading provider because for some of us, it's the ONLY worthless provider! Terrible customer service, increasing rates, constant changes, lousy service and *** decision makers whose only concern is to line their pockets and not benefit the customer is what makes Comcast number 1. Andy

Comcast/Xfinity is a piece of ***. They rip u off with fees.

I'll be glad when a new cable company come with some better service and better rates. Die comcast, please do us that favor.

@PissedConsumer685021

Remember, too, how modems that customers own "somehow" wind up in the company's inventory !! And those employee IDs ..

once overheard a phone CSR yelling about "..I gave out a really great ID last time." WTH?

File complaints w/BBB and FTC and FCC. Have to read the rules as to what complaints the FCC and FTC handle, however.

comcast bought time warner. they are the same company

I agree with you 100%.

Comcast is horrible. I reside in Miami, and alas, Comcast is the only cable provider. The past 30 days, my internet has been down on and off for a total of 10 days.

When I called, they have no clue what is going on (even the supervisors) and keeps on giving assurances that now no longer means anything since it never works.

I think the worst part is the fact that there is pretty much no other cable company besides them here.

I think this kind of monopoly should not happen, where Comcast is the sole provider in an area etc.

Bring on some competitor like Time Warner and I am sure services will get better.

View more comments (3)