Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast - Not Telling the Truth

We lived in an apartment for a year and had the slowest internet only from Comcast. The "promotion price" was $34.71 per month including the $7.00 modem fee and taxes. The Comcast representative said that after six months the amount will go up $9.99 per month. After six months the bill sky rocketed to $70.53!! I called Comcast, was put on hold many times, passed around and frustrated. They said, I was mistaken but they were willing to take $10.00 off my bill. No mistake on my behalf, the conversation was accurately in my notes.
Review

Comcast does NOT want your business

Comcast blatantly lied to me about what I was getting when I signed up a year ago and again when I tried to have my service fixed this year when my bill rose significantly. The first salesman lied about my whole package, the cost and what I was getting. I asked a supervisor for help a year ago and got nothing...just got to pay more. After my bill, that was supposed to increase by only $20 after the first year. increased over $70, I was given more details on the lies I was told. Turns out, I never even had the package both the salesman and his supervisor said I had. Furthermore, when I tried to get the package corrected, I spoke with a young lady named Lakreshia that promised me a 2 year bundle package containing all of the premium channels for about $125/mo give or take a couple dollars for taxes. Well, when I got my bill, I noticed that I had been charged $160. I spent a total of 6 hours on the phone being passed from one flunky to another and went through a series of rude and useless supervisors, such as a Ms. Dolla, Ms. Chee and Michellle located in the Atlanta office. The bottom line - the package that I was promised did not even exist. I told a supervisor by the name of Amia that I wrote everything down as I understood it from Lakreshia and read it back to her so I could have her verbal confirmation of what was promised on the recorded conversation. I, then provided the date and exact time of the conversation so it could be pulled to honor what was promised. Amia refused and said that I would have to take another package regardless of what the associate told me. I literally shake with anger over the amount of time I have spent fighting with Comcast over the past year. They are a truly horrible company and are run by an army of half-wits who, based on my and the experience of others, are actually instructed to lie as none of what is promised comes to fruition. Furthermore, they take it a step further to insult their customers by suggesting promises have been made up or that they don't think one of their employees would make such promises. I am 100% for boycotting Comcast. It is obvious to me that Brian L. Roberts, CEO of Comcast, is a dishonorable thief and a liar if he accepts the way the company is handling a customer service-based business. I would love to see him answer for the ridiculous *** his inept employees cause.
Review

Comcast...doesn't care about its customers

I have basic cable (about 17 channels), high speed Xfinity interent, and Xfinity home phone service with Comcast. I was paying around $64 a month for almost 2 years when Comcast got rid of my internet/phone bundle deal and raised my bill to $118 / month, which was absolutely ridiculous. I called to ask them what my options were and was basically told that they couldnt help me. After about 4 hours worth of phone calls, I cancelled my internet and phone service and they made no effort to keep my business. A few months later, I see some great new deals on their website so I sign back up for internet...mostly hassle free. Then this week I decided to sign back up for phone service. I decided to place my order online since they refused to waive the Activation fee when I called. I had to talk to 4 different agents before they would agree to give me the deal that was ADVERTISED ON THEIR WEBSITE. I kept being told that the speical deal wasn't in their system yet so they couldnt give it to me even though it was ADVERTISED ON THEIR WEBSITE! Anyways, after they finally agreed to give me the advertised deal, they told me I would need to set up a $30 service appointment for a tech to come install a new modem. I assured them that I already had a comcast modem and they kept firing back at me saying it was a DIFFERENT modem, so I finally relented and set up and appointment. Today I had to take time off of my busy day at work to drive 20 mins back to my apartment only to hear the tech tell me that the modem I had was fine and he has no idea why they sent him since all they needed to do was activate my phone line from their office. So 40 minutes of driving and 1.5 hours of work missed for no reason. Thanks Comcast!

Maybe if you get up and get a job instead of living of the taxpayers you won't have this much time to watch TV. Nothing bothers me more then when I hear about someone living off the government and then complaining.

You are not paying Comcast I am. If you earned your own money then you can complain

I absolutely agree with you Geb. i had a very similar problem with comcast.

i also had a bundle with the internet and cable, then when i became unbundled my cost went sky high. i'm only on SSDI and get my money the 3rd of the month. i pay my bill by the 4th or 5th and they's told me i was late, charged me with all kinds of fees, and put me behind almost $300. i couldn't believe it.

no matter who i talked to, they wouldn't work with me. unless i pay the full amount by the end of the month, i'll get totally shut off. i told them like a hundred times i was on a limited income, but they didn't care, just give us the money they said. unfortunately i live in a place where all you can have is comcast.

in my state, they're not regulated so they can do whatever they feel like. it totally sucks. DON"T ever get comcast, they're the absolute worst and very greedy.

They're a corporation, typical of corporations is that they could care less about people, just their pockets. I hate comcast and all their cold, unfeeling employees :( .

Review

Klepto-Comcast--collecting for non-existent service.

Klepto-Comcast--collecting for non-existent service.
On occasion I have had to contact Customer Service for many organizations. Occasionally, the first rep I speak with is able to resolve the issue. More often than not I need to escalate before a suitable resolution occurs. In some instances I need to escalate to the executive level. However, until today, I felt that as a consumer, if I were determined, a satisfactory answer would be forthcoming. Comcast is the exception. Their approach is opaque and shirks all responsibility. I have been billed four years for services that I cancelled and could not receive. (I moved four years ago.) One can attempt to reach the executive level, but they are shielded by a response team that deflects calls to regional offices. In this instance I attempted to contact Neil Smit's executive assistant--Betsy Wilkinson at the corporate headquarters number 215.286.1700. I spoke to a member of the "team" named Justin who provided no value add--referring me to the regional office.

I used to be a CAE at Lynnwood,WA Tech Repair call center. Comcast Cares Day is a joke.

You had to use a vacation day to participate in the HARD PHYSICAL LABOR VOLUNTEER SERVICE DAY.

Comcast Cares...but not much.

Comcast Cares...about $$$. If you want discounts call the 800 phone number and ask for the retention department.

Loss

Comcast in Atlanta, Georgia - Billed for a rental modem I never had, now refuse to *** charges

Comcast needs to monitor their CSR's more, do better training, correct the problems and fire the incompitent ones. I have had their service for 1 1/2 yrs in GA and didn't have problems until I moved. The rep I talked to when I ordered my move and new service put a rental modem on my account even though I told her no fewer than 3 times I had one. Tech sees I have my own when he comes out, so has it taken off my bill. I get electronic bills so I don't look at them unless price seems way too high. After 6 months the intro price of my bundle goes up, so I look over the bill and see the modem charge on there, all the way back to my second month of service at current address. I call, am told it has to be escalated to be taken care of and usually takes 2-3 weeks. After 2 months of not hearing anything and no change on my bill, I call back in. Told is not resolved, but I am welcome to stop paying the modem fee as they will take it off the bill once corrected. After 3 more months and now getting late fees for the buidling modem charge I call again. This time, I get a competent CSR who makes the corrections to my account, however when they take the rental modem off, it puts a freeze on the modem registered to the account, so my internet is down. I call back in, and get an incompetent person as usual, they do manage to get my modem reactivated, but put it on the account as a rental. I see my bill the next week, finding the modem charge gone for only 1 day. Yippee.... I call back in, and am told I need to take my modem to the local office with proof of my purchase to get it corrected. I do that, the ladies at the local office are nice and verifiy it is listed as what they call a retail modem. I call in again, and don't know if the CSR is incompitent or not, but she tries multiple things and can't get the billing corrected. She tells me she will monitor and make sure it is corrected. No call for 3 days, so I call back. I am told by a non-English speaking CSR that the modem listing is now corrected however the near year of billing for a rental modem I never had is still on my account. I demand to speak to a supervisor, told that they have to escalate and an account manager would call me within 3 business days. I told the rep if I do not receive said call I would be escalating the process. Obviously by this complaint and the same thing posted on the Consumer Affairs website, no such call has been received.

Was suggested by my complaint posted on Comcast's customer service forums site to send an email to their corporate (executive?) customer service team. Received a phone call yesterday (4/4) that it was finally all taken care of and my bill for service for this current month was credited along with credit for the previous months I was billed for the modem.

Checked my Comcast account this morning and indeed I have been credited. Problem has been resolved.

My suggestion for anyone having issues with their customer service is to go directly to their forums site and post something there. I got a quick response that resulted in my issue getting fixed.

Dont Get Service from Comcast!!!!!!!1

When I first called Comcast regarding service I received a quote that was higher than their price on the internet, the salesman told me that only certain departments are allowed to offer those types of prices even though I called the sales representative line. I called back five days later and talked to a new sales representative who informed me that they could give me a little better deal. That experience reminded me of a used car lot. I eventually obtained service through them and chose to install the service myself with a self install kit. I hooked everything up and the receiver for the cable didn't work, so I called technical support but they couldn't find the serial number for the cable box in their system and they never heard of the model that I received. Apparently it was some kind of prototype. They told me to send it back to them and they would send me a new one. The new cable box arrived and it was the same model, but this time it worked. This is a great representation of the company's organizational skills and knowledge of their products. I had this service in my home for a year then I moved. In that year I had numerous problems with equipment failure, service failure, and billing errors. For example, the bill for the last month of service was supposed to be forwarded to my new address, but instead they sent it to collections. They gave no notice, no email and no phone call. When I received the bill from the collections company it was about thirty five dollars more than normal. During the last month of service my cable box failed again and Comcast wanted me to drive forty miles one way to get a new one. By this time I was fed up with their service and demanded that a representative replace it, they eventually sent a technician out and changed the cable box. I was charged thirty five dollars for this. This is a brief overview of what my experience was like. I cannot believe this company is still in business and do not wish this service on to anyone. I will never have Comcast again!!!!!

Comcast Customer NO Service

Comcast Customer Service is actually an "I'm very sorry" learned response, with NO resolution. I have had multiple problems with Comcast from the very beginning of service. I've swapped boxes over the course of almost 9 months. You can call your customer service center and tell them the problem and they will listen...they may even schedule a tech to come out, but these techs have little to no training and keep passing off the buck. After months of box issues, I was advised by someone in Corporate, Ms. Childs, that a new DVR Whole House System was about to be unleashed in October 2011 and that we would be on the top of their list for install. In March, 2012, we called Comcast to find out what happened. We were set up to have the system installed after one customer service person told us they did not have it in our area and a second customer service person, told us they would set us up with install. The first "turkey" to come to install was at my home for several hours and could not get the system to work properly after talking on the phone to a remote engineer. A second "turkey" tech came and swapped out remotes and assured me that the problem was solved. By the next day, same problem existed. A third tech arrived and still could not handle the problem so he gave my husband a cell phone number to call "Nick." We left multiple voice mails to "Nick" and never heard back. In a final attempt to get a supervisor on the phone, I was advised by another customer service person they they were VERY SORRY for our inconvenience but that a supervisor was not available at that time. I have since call DISHNET and they have installed a whole house DVR system in one try and everything works fine. If you are reading this, I hope you take my advice and do not sign up with Comcast because it will be aggravation if you have any technical problems.

Treating their employees that way does not surprise me. Another reason to find a alternate company to do business with. So far, DishNet has been a great improvement for me.

Comcast for the most part gets low end field techs and they don't pay them a living wage compared to other technical type jobs that are around. Many of the techs Comcast uses are " independent Contractors " who get less than $20 in many cases to come to your house ( if they show up ) and get in and out of your [place as fast as possible.

They get no benefits or health insurance. Hey for people working for " coolie wages " don't expect too much.

COMCAST HIT AND RUN!

On Jan 22, a Comcast driver hit our family vehicle, then drove away from the scene without leaving any information! I had an investigation done by the CAlifornia Highway Patrol, and he found a witness...yep thats right, a PG&E driver saw him do it! Now, they say because my car is too old, they wont fix it...nor pay for the rental car that we were forced to have because the car was undrivable... We dont want miracles, only for our car to be restored to the condition that it was in prior to their driver smashing it! My next step...suing Comcast for the damage, my expenses, and my time!

I know who did it

More Confusion At Comcast

Update by user May 06, 2012

UPDATE:

When my next Comcast Bill came in the mail, it showed I am being charged a $10 \" Standard Shipping \" charge. I was told previously by one of the Comcast phone reps there would be No shipping charge.

Additionally I was charged another $10 charge for a \" Video Self Install Kit \" . I dont know what this \" Self Install Kit \" is supposed to consist of as the digital adapters come in a box with a plug in \" wall wart type \" power supply, the digital adapter box, a remote control with batteries, and a coaxial cable about 3ft long with the appropriate connectors on each end of it. This was all in one box per digital adapter.

I once again called Comcast, spent the time entering enough prompts so I could speak to someone which I finally did. I went through the entire scenario with this rep who looked it up on their account screen. I was then informed that my order for the digital adapter boxes had been \" Improperly Coded \" on my account and I was not supposed to be charged for shipping or any self install kit. This rep informed me that on the following months bill I would get a $20 Credit.

The next months bill has not arrived yet so I don\'t know if the credit has been applied or not. If not I will have to call again.

It would seem that Comcast can not even get the simplest of transactions completed without numerous errors. If I had not looked at my bill carefully those charges they added which are invalid, may have gone un-noticed !

Original review posted by user Apr 02, 2012

A few weeks ago I got a post card in the mail informing me that after " upgrading " their system to all digital, all subscribers would have to have a Digital Adapter ( essentially a Modem ) for each of their TV's connected to Comcast. If the Digital Adapter box was not used the subscriber would get no signal to their TV from Comcast Cable. The Digital Adapter boxes would be supplied at No Cost. I called the toll free number on the card to inquire further and the rep told me that since I have Basic Service I would not need one of these boxes. A couple of weeks later I was getting no TV from Comcast. I called their regular customer number and was told that without the Digital Adapter Box I would not get any TV. I told them about my call the week before and they apologised for the error. I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor told me that every Comcast subscriber would need the Digital Adapter and that I could either pick them up at a nearby Comcast local office or have them sent to me by UPS. I was told by the supervisor that each subscriber was entitled to 2 Digital Adapters and there would be a $10 shipping charge. Knowing how Comcast mis-informs subscribers, I called back a short while later and spoke to a different rep. This one told me that the previous information I had received was incorrect that each subscriber is entitled to up to and insluding 3 Digital Adapter boxes and there is No Charge for shipping ! A few days later I recieved the Digital Adapter boxes, connected the first one up ( not a difficult thing to do, if you can hook up your own VCR, DVR or DVD player you can do this yourself ). You have to call Comcast to have the Digital Adapter Box initialized with Comcast before you will get any TV signal. Before Comcasts " Digital Upgrade " I was getting good quality pictures on my Phillips Digital TV. The picture quality I get now has poor definition and narrower bandwidth than what I was getting before this so called " Upgrade ". Also, channels I was getting before this " upgrade " aare not there any more. I called Comcast to inquire about the degraded picture quality compared to what I was getting without any converters or cable boxes before their " Digital Upgrade " and also channels I was able to get before but not now. The Comcast rep explained to me that if I wanted better picture quality I would have to have an HD Cable box at a cost of $11 per month. It seems each time Comcast " Upgrades ", the quality goes down and the consumer cost goes Up ! I am not going to spend any more money with Comcast than I have to, I will try to wait patiently for Verizon Fios and see if they can offer anything better at a similar or lower cost.
Review

Comcast = Horrible/Frustrating Internet!!

Comcast internet works (at times) times which are NOT the times I use the internet. I am a gamer and I have a degree in computer science with an emphasis on networking (So believe me I know my stuff) .. The internet works just fine for the most part, until about 5pm m-f when everyone starts getting home and hopping on the internet, at which point it becomes USELESS. My game of preference is Modern Warfare 3 which requires a STABLE connection. There have been countless times where I join a game only to be kicked out immediately after, kicked off the game server, kicked from xbox live. The internet reconnects and is again usable, for about 3-5 minutes. The time is now 10pm on a sunday (there is moderately high wind outside) and I have been trying to play 1 full 15 minute game for the last 2 hours but have been kicked off every 5 minutes. Speed is not the only thing that matters. For the most part comcast's speed has met expectations. The problem is in this thing called jitter and packet integrity. If there is foul weather or it is a high-traffic time of day the internet bogs down so bad I am often better off tethering off of my phone. I have called Comcast several times to be told that I should check the coax connection from my modem to my wall... umm.. the connection that has been there since the house was built? I'm also told to reset my modem which occasionally temporarily helps. I have yet to receive an open answer from comcast stating that their internet is worthless during high traffic times. Bottom line, if you are A) a serious gamer, B) a movie streamer or C) a business owner who requires STABLE and CONSISTENT UPTIME stay away from these guys.

I phoned Comcast yesterday:

Operator: "Hello, welcome to Comcast Customer Service, how may I help you?"

Me: "Hello, I called because I have been getting slow internet for the past month, and I wanted to see what you people can do about it."

Operator: "Sir, please give more details. Is your internet slow all the time? Or is it slow some of the time?"

Me: "It is only slow most of the time. Its okay some of it."

Operator: "Okay......(static)......(static)...."

Me: "Hello? Hello?"

It turns out the call had dropped. due to their "outstanding" service.

Please do yourself a favor, do not even think about getting Comcast.

I think you have accurately described a problem that Comcast has all over the country and that they have not solved and make many excuses for.

Here in Frederick Maryland, what is now Comcast used to be Adelphia, and the owners of that company are in prison.

I say this to assure you that you are not dealing with an honest, above board company, and that, giving companies monopolies tends to incentivize them to give whatever service is available and gouge for it. I just paid a $ 125 Comcast monthly bill today -- no cell phones -- and I think mine is relatively small.

I am surprised there aren't more complaints about flawed Comcast internet service on the web.

Bert Gold, Ph.D., FACMG