Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I recently applied for Internet service from comcast. While talking to a customer service representative online, he/she has asked for my SSN. On further discussion about providing my SSN, the customer rep clearly mentioned that there won't be any credit checks run on...

Comcast is the Worst

My boyfriend and I have had problems with Comcast right from the beginning. From different representatives telling us conflicting information, to not getting (but still paying for) services we were not receiving, Comcast has been one big headache. Our internet constantly goes out, sometimes six or seven times a day. We have called and called, they sent us a new battery but that made the problem worse. Now they gave us a four hour window for when they will come and look at it, they call ten minutes before the end of the window, we miss the call on the last ring, call them back right away and no one answers. The guy didn't knock on our door and our neighbor was outside and offered to let him in our building and he said no and just left. There is no truck out front or anywhere on our block and now they're saying we need to make a new appointment tomorrow when my boyfriend and i have class and work. Today was our day off and we wasted it waiting at home for no reason. I wish there was another option for cable here, but there isn't.

Comcast is a company that is forced on us just because we dont have choices.I booked an appontment for my first installation and wasted the whole day.Minutes before the window expired I called and the told me I should continue to wait.That day was wasted.

Almost two years later i wanted to move the service from the current location to a room in the same house.The same thing happend.This time the was no appointment booked while I was home waiting for a technician.What can I say about this company that does not care but forced on us.

The rep would not allow me talk to a sup

COMCAST IS A SHADY COMPANY... RUN DON'T WALK

May 25, 2012 - I called Comcast at 9:25 pm and hung up at to 10:16 pm. I was on hold for 30 minutes but that is the least of my problems. I orderd the Double Play package in early May 2012 (TV & Phone) for $79.99. That was the price that was quoted to me at that time. They also told me that I could keep my original phone number. I was put through a "port" phone call to "port the phone number" on 3 separate occasions. Well good luck with that one, of course, I was told numerous times by various technicians that I needed to contact comcast because they "maybe forgot to put the order through" while other technicians told me I needed to contact Verizon (my old carrier). (I did contact Verizon closed out my account earlier so I don't know what they were talking about) However, as we all know, of course, I could never keep the phone number. I got my Comcast bill today and it was $338. I was paying about $75 for just TV prior to my ordering the "Double Play Package" which was supposed to be TV and phone. I was charged for a variety of things like a $100 misc. repair charge, $40 for unlimited comcast (what's that? don't know) small fees like the modem fee of $7 for the "required" box for the phone system, of course, comcast forgot to tell me about any of these charges. Other charges included $84.55 for phone service, $78.25 for TV, $29.95 to activate the phone, $29.99 to install the phone.... need I go on. ARE YOU READY FOR THE CLINCHER : I was put through to the supervisor because the original person handling the call and told me she couldn't help me. Then, I was told comcast that that when I put my original order in she doesn't know why I was quoted the $79.99 charge and that Comast could not honor that price because they would lose money. Comcast was quoting this price all over the internet and TV when I put the original order in. After many adjustments and about 15 phone calls, (I am not exaggerating, I mean really...15 phone calls) I guess I owe them $191. I am truly afraid to get my next bill (I can't switch to a new provider because the building that I live in only allows Comcast) DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, IF YOU READ THIS, YOU SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM COMCAST... THEY QUOTE PRICES, MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND GET AWAY WITH IT AND IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO WORK THROUGH IT AND GET ANY RESULTS.... TRUST ME, I WISH I WOULD HAVE KNOWN ALL THIS BEFORE I PUT THAT ORDER IN.... Life is too short for this kind of aggravation...

I used to be a CAE at Lynnwood,WA Tech Repair call center. Comcast Cares Day is a joke.

You had to use a vacation day to participate in the HARD PHYSICAL LABOR VOLUNTEER SERVICE DAY.

Comcast Cares...but not much.

Comcast Cares...about $$$. If you want discounts call the 800 phone number and ask for the retention department.

Review
#320948 Review #320948 is a subjective opinion of poster.
I am not sure if you will ever read this but I was compelled to write about my frustration. I am a 50 year old divorced woman living in Exeter NH. Comcast is our local cable provider. Three years ago I was divorced from my husband of 23 years. He left the area (In...

I'm so sorry to hear that Bobbi. I was in a similar situation with Sprint a few years ago.

They gave my ex access to all my cell phone records. I too had a protective order. Did you get the situation resolved?

Let me know- I might be able to give you some pointers.

Good luck.

View more comments
Review
#320195 Review #320195 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast review in Fort Wayne, Indiana: Customer Service is terrible

So I called and made an appointment for trouble and was informed it would be three weeks. My girlfriend called the same time I did to get new service, and someone was there the same day. Once you are a customer, they could care less about you. I am not making a judge on once instance, I have had trouble for years. I have dropped service and my hope is that the new provider we have will run Comcast out of town. I strongely advise anyone thinking of using Comcast to check around and be sure it is your only choice.

Review
#320186 Review #320186 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Comcast Customer Care

Don't use Comcast

If you have any other option, don't use comcast. Every time I move, I have to suffer through several missed appointments before a technician shows up to install my internet and cable. When you speak with the customer service reps about this, they blame the customer and tell contradicting stories. I was told the the technician couldn't enter my building due to problems with the phone access system (my building doesn't a phone system, it has a front desk security guard) and another person told me, no, the technician couldnt' find my building. After this, 2 separate reps told me that I would receive a call from the dispatcher to set up a new appointment. The call never came. When I moved 2 years ago, I had 4 missed appointments before the technician showed up. I understand scheduling can be difficult but Comcast does not understand that for each missed appointment, I have to take a half day at work. Instead of an apology and some sympathy, I receive blame. As soon as I can switch services, I will. Also, your bill will increase randomly. Your service will be interrupted. Your DVR won't always work. They might shut off your cable then say, it was an accident that occurred when you upstairs neighbor moved but they won't be able to fix it for 2 weeks. Don't use Comcast.

Review
#319997 Review #319997 is a subjective opinion of poster.

COMCAST - THE WORST

signed up for Comcast on March 30 2012. They billed me $126.80 just to sign up and install a couple of outlets. When I disputed it I was told they would give me a one time courtesy refund of the $126.80. The next thing I know I have a shut off notice and now my bill is $340.00!!! No credit give. I call in and they tell me oops sorry we'll take care of it and the woman says she will follow up to make sure I don't get shut off. I pay $120.00 and am told I won't be shut off. They shut me off anyway!!!! They only applied a $40 credit to my account instead of the $126.80 and I get bounced around to 4 people before I get the rest of my credit applied and need to tell the story to each one. Two hours on the phone and unbelievable frustration!! I had Direct TV for a year and half before this and only went back to Comcast because I'm at the wrong angle for Direct. Comcast SUCKS!!! The service and product are so sub-par to Direct TV and the customer service is horrible!!!! Do yourself a favor, go with Direct TV if you can!!

Review
#319757 Review #319757 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast Needs a Make Over

It is May 20, ever since March 28, with the new improved changeover, my cable TV service has been intermittently malfunctioning. I have spent 20 + hours on the telephone with "customer service", which is a misnomer. Isn't that when service is provided to the customer? And now they want me to pay $49 for a technician to come out. My TV service was fine before the "new equipment". Why should I have to pay. And the attitudes of the representatives, most are snotty, arrogant, and got ya by the ba**s. Know what I mean? Considering canning it all together.

Review
#319635 Review #319635 is a subjective opinion of poster.

COMCAST HAS NO IDEA

Update by user Jun 21, 2012

Ended up with AT&T uverse. Took 7 techs to get it up and working.

However, they came out each time and actually left their cell numbers so I could contact them.

ComCast just had no clue and the people they sent out looked like they had just got out of jail that morning. Don\'t cut corners with ComCast...AT&T has the experience and know how!

Original review posted by user May 18, 2012

Placed a comcast order for phone, internet and any room dvr on May 10th. The installer came out Monday without the equipment. Friday, they came out without the equipment. After dealing with 5 different people, the any room dvr is not available in my neighborhood. After telling me I had perfect credit, all of a sudden they wanted a $200 deposit, which they would bill me for? You know the hassel with being here between 3 and 5 and trying to gear your 2 DAYS around waiting for nothing. Will keep the DISH and the AT&T Phone and Internet.

Comcast Cares...but not much. Comcast Cares...about $$$.

If you want discounts call the 800 phone number and ask for the retention department. :p

Review
#319314 Review #319314 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast review in Little Rock, Arkansas: Prices change only a few cents but over time it adds up.

Written by disgruntled costumer on May 18, 2012 From Little Rock, Arkansas, US I had two services when I had to use comcast. New development and SBC did not offer it in that area. The bill for promotion was 65.95 for cable and internet for six months. I never watched the tv so ended up just down grading to the net only. They told me me that my bill just for the cable would be 65.95. Every other month cents have been added to my bill. Nearly a year later and my new bill is 70.44. No missed pays no cancels and they are taking my bill up for the same service that I had in the beginning now faster speeds or notice of why the prices are continuing to slowly rise.

View more comments (1)
Review
#319208 Review #319208 is a subjective opinion of poster.