Filter by rating
City:
Product:

COMCAST HAS NO IDEA

Update by user Jun 21, 2012

Ended up with AT&T uverse. Took 7 techs to get it up and working.

However, they came out each time and actually left their cell numbers so I could contact them.

ComCast just had no clue and the people they sent out looked like they had just got out of jail that morning. Don\'t cut corners with ComCast...AT&T has the experience and know how!

Original review posted by user May 18, 2012

Placed a comcast order for phone, internet and any room dvr on May 10th. The installer came out Monday without the equipment. Friday, they came out without the equipment. After dealing with 5 different people, the any room dvr is not available in my neighborhood. After telling me I had perfect credit, all of a sudden they wanted a $200 deposit, which they would bill me for? You know the hassel with being here between 3 and 5 and trying to gear your 2 DAYS around waiting for nothing. Will keep the DISH and the AT&T Phone and Internet.

I used to be a CAE at Lynnwood,WA Tech Repair call center. Comcast Cares Day is a joke.

You had to use a vacation day to participate in the HARD PHYSICAL LABOR VOLUNTEER SERVICE DAY.

Comcast Cares...but not much. Comcast Cares...about $$$.

If you want discounts call the 800 phone number and ask for the retention department. :p

Review
#319314 Review #319314 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast in Little Rock, Arkansas - Prices change only a few cents but over time it adds up.

Written by disgruntled costumer on May 18, 2012 From Little Rock, Arkansas, US I had two services when I had to use comcast. New development and SBC did not offer it in that area. The bill for promotion was 65.95 for cable and internet for six months. I never watched the tv so ended up just down grading to the net only. They told me me that my bill just for the cable would be 65.95. Every other month cents have been added to my bill. Nearly a year later and my new bill is 70.44. No missed pays no cancels and they are taking my bill up for the same service that I had in the beginning now faster speeds or notice of why the prices are continuing to slowly rise.

Comcast Cares...but not much.

Comcast Cares...about $$$. If you want discounts call the 800 phone number and ask for the retention department.

Review
#319208 Review #319208 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Why I'm still not a Comcast customer

Here's the surreal conversation between me and the comcast rep: Chris: Is this the first time that you will add our Home Phone service? You: i would like internet service. I was signing up for it, and couldn't figure out how to add phone service as well You: yes, it's the first time Chris: I will be very happy to assist you. For phone service, would you like to have unlimited local calling or unlimited local and long distance calling? You: both Chris: Is this the first time that you will add our Internet service? You: can you tell me the difference in price, please Chris: Sure! I can check that for you. Chris: May I ask what types of things do you usually do online? Chris: How are things coming along? You: email, uploading pictures, downloading pictures, same for video, writing blog posts. I do all this a lot. You: not sure what your last question means Chris: Do you have speeds in mind for me to recommend a good internet plan for you? You: I am sure the one I just tried to sign up for, with 20mbps upload, is adequate. I don't do movies. and it's faster than my dsl Chris: How many computers or gaming devices do you connect to the internet? Are any of them laptops? You: one laptop, two desk tops Chris: Do you have compatible, reliable equipment to connect to the Internet (e.g. modem)? You: compatible with what. I have something that is compatible to my DSL You: I really filled out the whole internet order on line. Could you check what I did, and then could we just add to it? Chris: I apologize I am only an Online Sales Specialist and does not have access to any customers' account for security reasons. Chris: Is this the first time that you will add our Internet service? You: well tell me how to sign up for the phone and internet together online. I am getting really irritated. Chris: Sure thing! May I ask if this is the first time that you will add our internet service? You: yes Chris: Thank you so much for those information. One moment please while I look for a package that best suits your needs. You: also you were going to tell me the difference between just local and local plus long distance Chris: Local would mean calls within the States and Long distance would be out of the States. Chris: Please hold. You: within this state or within the U.S. and long distance would be international? is that what you mean Chris: Let me check please. You: thanks Chris: Unlimited local and long-distance calling to the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. You: and what does without the long distance include. that's what is unclear to me. what is considered local? Chris: One moment please. Chris: Please hold. Chris: Thank you for waiting. Great news! Our Performance Internet at this time has a promotion for the first 6 months at $19.99/month for current customers with Cable TV or Phone adding internet for the first time. Chris: When you continue using our Performance Internet from months 7 - 12 the pricing would be $34.99/month. From months 13 and on the pricing of our Performance Internet is at $62.95/month. Chris: With the Comcast Unlimited plan, you will receive unlimited local and long distance calling including 12 popular calling features for one flat monthly rate. Unlimited local and long distance calling will include the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Canada and certain other U.S. territories. Chris: Are you still with me? You:  Well, that is significantly more money than I am paying for DSL service except for the first 6 months. What kind of deal is that? You: You still haven't told me what local means on the telephone and what the cost is for all three services combined. I am offering to buy two new services that I have never had from you before, and I am having trouble getting all the info from you. You: By all the info I mean defining the term local re telephone and all the prices. You: What will i pay total for my current tv services, my new internet, and my new telephone services (two prices needed, one with local, one with local and long distance; and what does local mean?) Chris: We can check how much your monthly bill will be including the tax when we reached Step 5 of the order process before you commit to anything. You: This is very unfriendly, and again, your internet price is too high You: I'm supposed to be getting a better deal than I am currently paying. But you are saying in a year I will be paying double what I am currently paying for internet alone! Chris: I can understand that. Comcast Internet services are powered by an enhanced fiber-optic network, it's faster than any other internet provider and we have the most reliable speed. You'll surely get your money's worth. You: Also, why do I have to wait to get a definition of what "Local" service means. Your previous definition was unclear. I would like to make that decision now and get it behind me, but you are not giving me the basic info Chris: I apologize I do not have control over the prices and promos of our services with its equipments. I am only a Sales Online Specialist who will be answering your questions about our packages online. You: No, give me someone who can bring the price down You: the whole point of getting numerous services packaged is to get a better dealYou: not a worse one Chris: I really apologize however, I can only offer you the prices that are found on our website with its corresponding eligibility. You: but really, can you please give me a definition of "local" telephone service. Is a call to California included. It seems that is what you meant previously You: give me someone else if you can only offer the prices that are on your website Chris: Unlimited local and long distance calling will include the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Canada and certain other U.S. territories. You: and give me someone who can clearly define the word local You: you are only defining local and long distance. what is the definition of no long distance Chris: Those are the places you can call. You: you are still not answering the question. please give me someone who can You: I am copying this *** conversation and posting it online as proof of comcast failure. Chris: I really apologize. One moment please. Chris: Local calling would mean that it is within your area and zip code while Long Distance would be outside your zip code. You: thank you for that bit of clarity Chris: You are welcome! Chris: Did you know that XFINITY now offers the total home security and home control solution? Chris: It's called XFINITY Home, and it lets you easily and remotely manage your security system, monitor your home, and control your lights and thermostat. XFINITY Home keeps you more connected to your home and family – wherever you are. To learn more about Xfinity Home and speak with one of our Xfinity Home specialist, go to http://www.xfinity.com/home or call 888-738-5673. You: really, not that I care, but if I called center city, which is a different zip code, it would be long distance? ha ha. you have got to be kidding. You: I am just trying to get internet and telephone. so far you haven't helped me with that You: i do not want to hear about any other options Chris: Our Performance Internet at this time has a promotion for the first 6 months at $19.99/month for current customers with Cable TV or Phone adding internet for the first time. Chris: When you continue using our Performance Internet from months 7 - 12 the pricing would be $34.99/month. From months 13 and on the pricing of our Performance Internet is at $62.95/month. You: You already mentioned that and I pointed out that last price is double my current rate. You need to get me a supervisor Chris: I really apologize however, we can only offer you the prices that are found on our website with its corresponding eligibility. You: good bye. you just lost this customer

brian_roberts@comcast.com is email address of Comcast CEO

it went downhill from there. First I lost my telephone service two days later because Comcast slammed me.

Then Verizon said for five days that they couldn't yet restore my service because they hadn't gotten the Comcast cancellation I requested. And Comcast claimed they did put in the cancellation.

Everyone admitted some level of culpability in the end. And finally , when my husband wrote a column in the newspaper, we got better service and deal from Verizon, a better deal from Comcast for our tv service and I'm irritated with both of them, but more so with Comcast.

:cry HOLY ***!! It's like a whos on first! Very entertaining for the spectator...hopefully you have more/better options in your area...that a joke!

View more comments (3)
Review

Comcast doesn't want my business!!!

Today I spent an hour trying to order comcast TV and Internet bundle. I first tried on-line and could not get through the process without having a live chat. On the second live chat the person left in the middle of the chat!!! The third person came on but wanted me to start over. NO WAY at this point. In addition these people had no clue about their own service/pricing. OK thought I would give it one more shot and call the customer service line. The person was nice but somehow one of the live chat people blocked by address from getting service then I was discontected. So I am staying with Directv.

Comcast- price gouging

My Comcast bill has steadily increased since a rate promotion on a bundle package that expired. You think that after it expired it would be reasonable or at least near the rate as what is offered for existing customers. My beef is that the bill is never consistent and it keep increasing each month and now at 154.00 per month. This is for cable and internet (which barely works and is slow). Checking with my family and neighbors in the area, they all area paying different monthly rates for the same service. They have no continuity with their service rates that is irritating. I have called them 5 times on my lunch break and they still cant resolve my issue. Canceling my service to go with satellite service because i just cant stomach having those sheisters get over on me. I dont like satellite cable but desperate to get rid of my problem.

brian_roberts@comcast.com

Thats the truth, the whole truth so help me G....

I am in the same boat.

Review

Comcast Customer Service Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year I moved 1 mile. I called Comcast to move my service. They screwed up my order and I lost my phone numbers. It took about 12 phone calls and 4 hours out of my life to resolve it. Now, I'm getting ready to move again. I called Comcast to move my service. The guy on the phone did not give me confidence so I called back. Sure enough, they didn't have it right. Of course, the second CSR needed to transfer me to someone else and I got disconnected. I called back again and got transferred again. This time the person I was transferred to said I was out of her region. She gave me another number to call. I called that number and they had to transfer me to someone else. That person gave me a different number to call (he would not transfer me) and I got a recording that said I needed to call back during business hours. I spent 4 hours last year on this problem and today I've spent an hour and a half and the problem still isn't resolved. I'm going back to AT&T!!!!

Comcast in Johnson City, Tennessee - 5 phone calls 1 hour chat no resolution

Slow speed Internet I have 3 modems which I pay for service on I wired, I wireless gateway and a telephone The wired modem is dedicated to a videophone for my deaf daughter. A serviceman checked out the VP and it is fine Comcast asked to run the speed test software which I did several times Then they went on blah blah blah about computer maintenance. I am computer savvy and do all this. PLUS all this stuff has been working fine for years The upshot is they want me to either pay for a serviceman or join their $10.00 a month "signature service plan" Two of them had attitude when i explained i had to communicate to my deaf daughter and hung up after 30 seconds the second or third time I had to do this. One I could barely understand and had attitude because I asked her to repeat. She didn't even try to help and just wanted to sell me their service. I must admit I lost my temper and hung up on her. This was the 5 th call. I am a senior in a wheel chair and fell trying to do one of the things.they were asking and was disconnected from that call too. The chat person repeating and repeating the blah blah blah info I told her I knew and already did ended the chat If they weren't a monopoly I would change in a heartbeat. I am going to duscontinue all premium services and wait until the last possible day to pay my bill on time
Review
We started off with a 2 package service, cable and internet, probably under $100 several years ago. Then progressively after the initial term of service, either 6 months or a year, they started slowly jacking up the prices...to $129 to $150 and the highest our bill...

*** Comcast they are the *** devil PRICE GOUGING PIECES OF ***,they are a *** monopoly owned by NBC so bend the *** over cause they dont give a *** *** what any one thinks they have you over a barrel with no lube .God knows they arent spending the money on their customer service up selling *** and dumb as a *** rock

View more comments
Review

Comcast says something is done on chat, then tells you over the phone that it is not possible.

So much for "customer Guarantee" so after spending much time online, and on the phone, your company refuses to honor what they promised. (everytime I called or chatted, my account info was verified) When I called I was told that the internet deal was online only, and I had to go online to complete, which I did. The only problem was that they where unable to remove the installation fee, and that I needed to call to have it removed. when I called, I spoke with a very rude Micheal, who told me that he could not remove the fee, and that I was not eligible for that offer. He continued to be very rude the entire call, refusing to let me finish speaking, and refusing to honor what i was told was a done deal. I asked to speak with a manager (which i was told that Micheal was). Zach (supposedly a manager also) called me back (he tolk a SLIGHTLY better tone), but still refused to honor what the online chat told me was a done deal. Zach kept saying that 'The terms and conditions are the final word'. But would not admit that your costumer guarantee is BS. If a representative for comcast says something whether it be online or over the phone, I expect that the company would honor the deal that was promised, to me this is costumer guarantee. This issue has caused me to cancel ALL Comcast service completely.

I had a similar experience where I ordered a promotional deal online and was specifically told I could renew in 6 months. I saved the chat, and sure enough in 6 months they said sorry but the rep was mistaken and it didn't matter if I had the conversation in writing.

Waste of time dealing with them. I have had to write the Better Business Bureau to get their attention.

Review

Comcast in Simcoe, Ontario - PAM-CALL ROOM SUPERVISOR 432-1644 DOESNT RETURN CALLS

Had Comcast install TV/Internet/phone January 2012. Service is intermittant. They sent a tech out 3 times to fix the problem and never did fix it. We are from Canada and had to fly home. I contacted Comcast several times thorugh email and phone calls to setup another appointment. Long story short they setup the appointment for Friday and it was all set. We flew down and they did a no show. I called them and they said the service call was scheduled for the previous Monday but they never came because they tested from their office and saw I had a good signal. Unreal. Back in Canada again. Faxing 3 times aday and leaving a message on the call centre supervisors phone 239-432-1644, her name is PAM. MORGAN AND MORGAN RETAINED