Show reviews that mention
service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem people account
Filter review

Cut Off Again by Comcast

For the past 3 months I have had to call customer no-service a total of 14 times. The major problem has been the free converter boxes that are needed to get channels 26 and above on oldr model televisions. They are continually looseing connectivity with the system and a call to custemer support is required to reboot them on their end. We have given up on trying to keep the 2 boxes with this problem going and have disconected them and they lay on the floor behind the TV's. What a horrible company can't even keep their own equipment working. And as far as their customer service goes, I wonder how they stay in business?? Comcast do us a favor and have the powers that be rob the company blind and go out of business!!!!
Norcross, Georgia

Comcast is horrible at everything

bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV, bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV bad service, unreliable/poor quality cable TV

They suck so bad...They are liars and thieves..

actually they are only bad at one thing and that is fulfilling the obligations that they promised their customers, however I have tried other services and they were even worse.

qwest cost me $1,100.oo worth of computer equipment and has the nerve to send me a bill for early disconnect, to which I send them my bill for $1,100.00 dollars. LOL it works for me.

View more comments (1)
Cockeysville, Maryland
Comcast Tv Service

Comcast Digital Adapter Scam

We have limited cable with Comcast. In November 2009 they made us get a digital adapter. At the time, they told us it was free. I asked several times. We had trouble installing it due to some channel problems, so we had to pay for someont to come out (they could have told us how to fix it on the phone). Now it is January 2010. They started charging us for the adapter, and said they wanted it back because we only have limited service. Wait a minutes, we had to pay to get it - and now we have to give it back. What's the problem here? Any comments, let me know at CWar.5.destwar@spamgourmet.com

It's way worse being an employee. A fat sup named Kim Edwards in the Lynnwood, WA call center sent email asking for off the clock work.

Employees who complained got fired but she still works there.

We are winning a class action lawsuit. Call retention department and ask for discounts/promotions.

This is TOTAL BS. I had to go get the digital adapter.

Comcast just disabled all of the functions I purchased with my TV. However, you can get them back by paying another $9 a month per TV to UPGRADE to a full HD Box that will perform the same function.

They say it is so they can provide better service. It is a total ripoff. They have figured out a way to make it inconvenient and make you pay to get the convenience back.

TOTAL BS.

This should be cause for a class action lawsuit.

It's not about the money. I would spend $2,000 of my own money to go after these @&&holes.

:) I had to get a digital adapter for my extra tv in my bedroom it was no charge and really easy to set up and activate. only problem is you have to use the comcast remote that comes with the adapter!

you may want to call the 1800 comcast number and tell them about your local comcast dicking you around. best of luck!

View more comments (2)
East Brunswick, New Jersey

Stop Merger Comcast - NBC. Write to dpt of Justice

Comcast is a company that is failing in every possible way. I believe it is not an accident that NBC went into an implosion with the Leno/O'Brien debacle as Comcast is trying to buy it. The department of Justice is already giving an indication that the merger has to be scrutinized. This is the time to write to the Department of Justice and address your concerns. OPPOSE THE NBC-COMCAST MERGER!!! I am presently writing a series of complains against them. I can show you how to be effective. For all my complaining, as for prices, they give me excellent breaks. My HD/DVR/HBO/2HD receivers CableTV service is presently at $50/month total!!!! But that's because they constantly screw it up and they always have to give me a promotion for free! What got me is the way they treat the elderly and the disabled. They do not let them know about the right to "Limited Service," a government program for less than $15/month!!! It is outrageous! These people need the service! Comcast ought to be sued by them! DO NOT PULL THE PLUG! IT IS YOUR TV! IT IS YOUR RIGHT! IT IS THE LAW! Call up your government and complain. In NJ, where I am, Telecommunication Companies complains are the 2nd consumer complains in frequency. you are not alone! Complain to your government. You can also try the President's hotline at their headquarters. Threaten them you will write to consumer affairs in your state. It works. send me an email for more info. can1z-at-aim.com. I will start sending you the complains I am filing against Comcast. Let's get Comcast to do the right things right. It is our right.
Plainfield, New Jersey

Stop Merger Comcast - NBC. Write to dpt of Justice

Plainfield, New Jersey

Comcast high speed internet horrible service then charged for it

saturday january 9 internet out called comcast. appt. set for sunday. no one came. called sunday evening. technician came monday and diagnosed problem on the pole. he called for maintainance man. no one came by tuesday evening. called back tuesday night. there was no record of diagnosis. another technician came thursday and said problem on pole. he called maint. man to come that day. he never came. called friday. maintainance came to pole. no problem there. said modem was bad. he called tech to bring one. he never came. we went to wal mart on saturday and bought one and hooked it up ourself. bill came today and there is a $30.00 service fee for repair!

Comcast high speed internet is horrible your modem will go offline everyday five times a day for 5-15 minutes randomly. For some strange reason they cannot fix the problem I'm currently thinking of switching internet services its just rediculous in my opinion.

Terrible ... service is not satisfactory ..

not even close. I'm am so glad I have a choice. I am finally switching to Electric Power Board in Chattanooga, Tn. I wish I had a nickel for every time I have had to call Comcast about various problems.

My bill varies (never have figured that one out). My service is horrible (internet an phone). TV is OK.

I quit. After a few years, I've had enough.

i believe there is something wrong with comcast. i suspect (ONLY MY OPINION), Comcast is about to go Adelphia's way, a competitor that went defunct because of management irregularities.

today i wrote a letter to government officials and I will ask the justice department to halt their merger with NBC. I found the company has problems at every level including customer relations, pricing, equipment, management and installations. please write to me at can1z-at-aim.com.

View more comments (2)
Charleston, South Carolina

Comcast

Comcast is the worst cable company around gonna bill me with my friend old cable bill just because my address on my id, and his name in there computer as him with a pass due bill. I just moved in my house payed the first month in full and the next bill they sent was $400.00. I called and they had me on the phone and hour came back and told me that in two days my bill will be back to 0.00 the next week my cable was completely turned off. I am going to serve they as Thurday, afternoon, and let the judge, tell they *** off + I will have my room mate to show up in court stating they put his bill on me... dam!!!! ***.....

Washington, District Of Columbia

Comcast - Netbook Scam

I got caught with the Comcast bait & switch during their Bundled Service special last summer: order the $99/month service and receive a FREE Netbook. I switched my Verizon service to Comcast in Aug 2009 with lure of free Netbook. Comcast claims they didn't receive my signed contract, but they're billing me the $134/month. Attempted working it out w/ several reps, mailed in the contract twice - still no Netbook. Spoke w/ rep today (Jan 2010) and I don't "qualify" because they didn't get the paperwork. Asked for waiver of $150 early termination fee - they're happy to disconnect me but not a guarantee it will be waived. So - I'm a slave to their contract for 18 more months and they get my free advertising of my poor experience. I'd look at your other cable/internet choices!!!
#190563

I am exactly in the same situation. I subscribed in August 2009.

And whenever I called I would get a very different response. Sometime I am not eligible, then they said they have processed their part and I should get it in next 60-90 days (by the way this pphone call was in December 2009). I waited till April, but no lucl.

Contacted again,same useless answers.

Today I aent an email to Sherri and now I am going to report it to BBB as well.

It took about 7 months, but I did get it, and I only got somewhere when I started to e-mail We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

so I recomend that to anyone who is waiting for the netbook. tell them your name, account number, and that it's been forever lol!!!

i am in the same boat. when i called today since i was told that they were shipping out the netbook back in Dec 2009, the rep said that the sales person forgot to enter the promo code when i got the triple play bundle deal.

i told them it's not my fauth and the rep said i'll get $100 giftcard.

this is cheaper than the netbook which i want so i will contact them to eitehr send me the netbook or give me $200 giftcard. Comcast has really poor customer service, i was transfereed around 4x before someone could actually help me.

Hello All,

I was in the same situation as you. I signed up in Aug 2009 for the triple play with the free Netbook after ninety days.

After I waited about 16 weeks I called to see what was going on several time and each time I was given the run around, promised to be called back with an answer with no luck and still no Netbook but cable with a contract....so I was doing my part of the deal and was getting hot with angry by the day that Comcast was not doing their part. SO I had been looking online and saw that a couple of people suggested filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau so at the end March 2010 I did so. At that point it was like week 29 which is well pass the time Comcast promised I had also called Comcast to find out what was going on and the Check Myrebate number to see if they had any information which they advised Comcast had not forwarded or my eligibity forms. At week 31 I called Comcast to just cancel...for me it was princple....Yeah I could have brought my own Netbook but I committed to them for two years so I was going to get what they promised or I would never do buisness with them again.

I believe when I called back April 1 I got a different response....Of course they blamed it on the wrong contract so I fill it out again but my Netbook has finally been mailed out....I received a letter from Comcast saying it is on the way with a tracking number so I suggest everyone make a report with the BBB online. It helped me!

:( :(

I have been getting the runaround from Comcast, and they offered me nothing in the end.

UPDATE: Well after several hours on the phone in February, it appears that they put the right "code" on my record on February 16th. The problem though is I got service in August of 2009 and that should have started my 90 days.

Now I have to wait until at least May or June. If is not in my hot little hands by the middle of June, I'm feeling a class action lawsuit.

I too was promised a netbook when i signed for the triple play in august. No luck on the netbook.

I have been waiting for months and just today comcast told me: the agreement has already been cancelled, after the attempts that we have tried to reach you.

They claim my email address was invalid, which I doubt since they send me my bill every month so they mailed the agreement. Never received it either.

Update to my previous post... thanks to Sherri and Detreon @ Comcast I got my netbook last week!

I recommend that you communicate the facts to them, and be respectful but persistent. Good luck.

Well I since November I have been trying to get to the bottom of my notebook issue with Comcast. Today I found out they finally put the "right code" in my record so I could contact the rebate center.

Contact the rebate center and they say they have no record, and could be 6-8 weeks before they even have the record let alone the 2-4 weeks to get shipped after that.

Absolutely insain that they do business this way, and very dissapointing.

I never got mine either, but I contacted Sherri at Comcast and she got the ball rolling for me. It took about a month, but I am looking at my netbook right now. Go to Comcast's Twitter page or email We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com.

View more comments (32)
Redmond, Washington

Comcast Complaint

Does anyone else out there think this Cable TV thing is a rip off? First Comcast tells us we have nothing to worry about with the Digital transition and nothing will change. Now they tell us that they will be terminating their analog signal in 2010 and if we want to continue to receive a signal for all our TV's, we must rent either a DTA or DCT conversion box for each TV. DCA box? DCT box? How many more components do we need? What happened to a simple single signal for all TV's. Then they try to make us feel like we are getting a deal by saying that our first two rental conversion boxes are free. How complex can we make cable TV in the 21st century! It's just a money making scam. $100+ per month for a basic TV plan, give me a break! Comcast, be prepared because I'm recommending to viewers to switch to Satellite to avoid your additional hardware components and fees. Consumers, please speak out and make your thoughts known! They won't change unless you do.

Yesterday Comcast took away almost 1/2 of the analog stations (most of the rest to follow soon). You now need a Comcast's "Digital Transport Adapter" (they provide 2 boxes free; $1.99 per box after that) to see the same stations they offered previously when connected directly to the coaxial cable.

What angers me is they previously offered me the HD feed on my HD televisions from the local affiliates (on 3.1; 6.1; etc) through the coaxial cable. Now with the DTA box they won't offer those feeds (I thought they had to provide local broadcast signals...i guess the FCC loophole is they can offer 480 but not HD local broadcasts). I called Comcast and they confirmed I have to have an HD box for each TV now to view ANY HD programming. Also, your television's internal V-chip is now useless (I used if for the kids room).

32 years a customer. I'm very dissatisfied.

#208384

I just installed two of these dta boxes and they are horrible. I will be canceling my servic and going with dish. Good luck comcast

I could not agree more. We need to do something to let Comcast know that they cannot continue to take advantage of their customers just because they have a near monopoly.

The key is "near". I would like to find a way to organize a boycott of Comcast movie rental and any other way anyone can think of to hurt their bottom line.

That is all they care about and thus the only way to get their attention. If anyone knows how to get our voices heard, please help.

I got two DTA boxes from Comcast today. I connected both, called to activate, and NEITHER would activate beyond the screen message "service temporarily interrupted" .

On the phone multiple times with support for almost 2 hours and finally gave up and returned the cheap boxes after seeing so many online complaints. As an Electronic Engineer by profession, I tried even more things then suggested by support - still not functioning. I returned them, told them they were "junk", and refused replacements!

This is not first time that support and services have been poor. I am sick and tired of Comcast and will be calling RCN for a better value and more content customers!

View more comments (3)
Forest Lake, Minnesota

Comcast=Sh*t

I've been without cable for a week!! I Wednesday, made an appointment for Friday (I'm a home stay mom), placed a note on my door asking them to knock hard that I was home and produced my phone #, waited whole day and finally got a call at 4PM saying they were at my home at 3:20 but none was home...I was like WTF?...ok maybe was an honest mistake, let's reschedule! I rescheduled for Saturday (Whole day appointment) so, did the same...placed a note on my door, none called or showed up! when I called them that evening, they told me someone came by and none was home!! I cannot curse here...but that's what I feel like doing...***ing lying bastards!...I was like disconnect the *** service, the lady was like well is weekend and I'm an operator, you will have to call Monday! So I've been on the phone for 34 minutes! to disconnect my services...the guy was like...Why do you want to disc. your serv.?...LOL you got to be kidding me!! Anyways I disconnected, I will not pay a dime of my hard work money to this lying bastards!

Arlington, Virginia

Comcast - Cable Service Is Horrible- When You Call - On Hold Over and Over Again

Our cable boxes auto reset themselves time and time again..Comcast calls it crazy 8's...anyhoooo, when we call they put us through a long hold (Tonight we are still on hold and it has been 17 minutes so far.) and then put us to the techs who put us through the reset process (OK - we have this part down.)and then they say they have to have someone out and they give you windows of time and ask you to stand by your phone (If you don;t answer they cancel the service....) At any rate - the person came out - they fixed it and now it still does not work ....they charge you whether it works or not - they do not care if they take your time. Do not get comcast no matter what they promise you - the service is terrible, the delivery is terrible and they will threaten you over and over again if you want to cancel the service.

Waltham, Massachusetts

Comcast Is A Giant That Must Be Brought Down

I have complained about this monster for years now. Obviously it makes no difference to them. Accepting the fact that we are individually not powerful enough to make a difference, but collectively we can. As my 7 year old daughter said. Mommy stop fighting with them - why don't you just pull out the plug and make it all go away. This idean is gaining momentum and all should join. Hit the b****rds where it hurts. In their NASDAQ pockets. Without the customers -- there is no comcast. Power to the people! March 13, 2010 is "National Pull the Plug on Comcast Day" Solidarity means strength in numbers.

I want to hear your story. Thank you

I'm pretty convinced that Comcast is the devil! It's not like it was one bad experience, it's more like 50.

The 1st time I was a Comcast customer was okay, not great but okay, as in nothing compared to the 2nd time. The first time I cancelled they gave me such a hard time about returning the equipment, which I did promptly. However, according to them I didn't and they kept sending me bills for a couple hundred dollars every 3-6 months AFTER i returned equipment. Everytime I called they said "no, you returned it and you are all set" but then a few months later collection notice. Long story short took about a year to clear this mess up. BTW this exact same scenario happen to one of my best friends as well.

This time, oh Lord, I cancelled in June b/c I moved out of the residence. Comcast kept billing me for the next 4 mos regardless of me calling, "fixing" the problem and Comcast telling me "oh, sorry miss ***, I took care of it for you". Then the last time they took money out of my checking account was for 3x as much as the other times (b/c the new residents upgraded their package, lucky me but really lucky them, shooot). BTW i had been (unwillingly/unknowingly) paying for the new residents cable that moved in since June. This time I was irrate I called and EVENTUALLY Comcast ended up agreeing to issuing me a check for 1/3 the total Comcast took from me since June. Comcast sent me a check, which I didnt deposit right away (maybe a week later) then sent me another within a week. Both checks came for the exact same amount to my current address. I deposited the first one and was going to throw 2nd check away since I figured it was a mistake. Comcast turns around and cancels 1st check after I deposit causing a $20 returned check fee from my credit union. Now, Im REALLY mad!!!! Comcast is saying I CALLED to say 1st check was going to wrong address....heeellllloooo they both were sent to my current address and I NEVER called and how would I even know it was going to wrong address. It's not like Comcast provided me with a tracking number for the checks. How was I supposed to know they were going to send two (their mistake)?? SO, this is where I'm at right now. Comcast "cannot guarantee we will be able to reimburse the $20".

This mistake was not mine to begin with. All I'm asking for is for Comcast to make things halfway right, which clearly is like pulling teeth. FYI: Every single time I talk to somebody, they have NO IDEA what's going on (I'm like welcome to my life), they make promises and NEVER follow through and ALWAYS say someone will call me back which NEVER happens!!!!!!!!! Even when I say "nobody EVER calls me back" &, of course, Comast responds with, "someone will for sure call you", it NEVER HAPPENED not even once. I have called @ least 30x and they have never called me back once. One time a so-called manager gave me his personal line and promised to call back, never did and when i called him I left probably 10 VM's and still NOTHING!!!

I have NEVER been treated so poorly and been so disgusted with a company. I will never Obviously be a Comcast customer again and I tell every person I know not to do it as well. Because even though you think you got away clean when you cancel, it's far from over. I swear if I had the time I would spend my full days posting negative comments, blogs etc.

I will never have anything good to say about Comcast & I make it known how terrible they treat their customers. They do not deserve to be Successful!!! They are simply terrible.

View more comments (1)
Smyrna, Georgia

Comcast - They promised a $20 credit for a missed app. and did not give it

I didn't have phone service for 2 weeks and the cable or internet were real bad. I called to schedule a tech to come out, tehy never came i called they told me they would give me a $20 credit and then did not. Such liers...first they don't give good service and then tey don't even give the credits they promised What a shame that they charge for such expensive ervice and then thy don't even deliiver what they promise. I hope I can find a better company soonmn and take my business elsewhere, they don't care.
#201896

I am currently waiting for Comcast to show up for the third time. The first time, they showed up with the wrong equipment.

They did not even bother to show up or call the second time. They are currently a half hour late on their third visit and for all this, I have been told I will receive three twenty dollar credits. We will see if I get it. The messed up thing is, all I want to do is upgrade my service!!.

Get it? I want to spend more money, and they wont let me!.

They are liars. If they just said, we cant get to you for a month, I would have gladly waited a month.

But to have me sit around on three different occasions is ridiculous.

They are either ***, incompetent, or just indifferent. I truly believe the dumbest people in the world go to work for Comcast.

After I put in a request to cancel my phone and give me a double play due to my bill getting higher' a rep said they would give me the triple for $109 for the next 12 months and would credit my current bill $50. Fast foward to today' I paid my "new" ballance but the system says that I owe $50.

I called back and they said a credit was never placed on the account.

THEY LIED TO ME. Now my budjet is F'd up.

I want to hear your story. Thank you

March 13, 2010 is National "PULL THE PLUG ON CAMCAST" Day!

They know they are powerful and untouchable. But consumers have power in a very simple way. My daughter who is 7 said "mommy just pull out the plug and make them go away forever" Talk about out of the mouths of babes.

HISTORY

I have been trying to get COMCAST to reimburse me for their *** contractor who tried to bury cable in my ornamental flower garden which carried low voltage wiring to an outdoor deck. He blew out my electrical outlet that the wire was plugged into and when I told him to leave it alone, he reconnected it, causing a surge which blew out a HD tv, refrigerator, wireless router and worst of all my entire basement electrical system.

View more comments (3)
Miami, Florida

Comcast sucks

Comcast advertises that its internet service is faster than DSL. What Comast won't tell you is that the service is totally unreliable. When I switched to it I had two service outages of about three hours each and then lost service for two days. When I called, I was told Comcast was working on it. I switched back to DSL after a month. And then try to go to the company website to find out what's on. Three out of five times it doesn't work. What a horrible company. And to think we pay for this sort of lying and abuse. The company is good, though, at co-opting the local officials who "oversee" the franchisee. Municipalities are given their own broadcast channel, and far be it from the *** mayors and city councilors to pull the Comcast plug. No matter the abuses endured by their constituents, the politicians want to keep their mugs on the non-viewed broadcast channel. What a joke.

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Comcast internet..

First time trying service. Called to get internet and TV hook up. The comcast install guy comes out and hooks up everything except he didn't have the cable for my computer seeing as it runs off of my dad's which is the main computer. So he tells my dad that he can come back later that week to hook it up. Mind you I've been without internet for almost a week because we have moved into a new home. So instead of waiting, my dad got what was needed and we were able to hook up my computer. Good thing we did, because the guy never did come back. Now however, I've tried the service and honestly I have to say it sucks. I'm going to be switching back to AT&T when I get the chance. Comcast you suck. You're service not only internet but TV as well bites. I got my channels using DirectTV and I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg. Eighty bucks a month for both services seems to be a deal until you see how little you get. Sad really, I was hoping for a better deal. Next time I'll learn.

Grand Rapids, Michigan