Show reviews that mention
service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem people account
Filter review

How can you get comcast when you cannot afford it when you are on SSI?

AM I GOING TO HAVE TO CHOSE BETWEEN food and cable? I'm on SSI and cannot afford comcast at 70.00 / month with everything costs more.I feel like this is another SCAM!! IT IS SIMPLY UNACCEPATABLE,they think they will gain more customers,WRONG!!!,People cannot pay these insane money prices with the econmy,In my book, family first,then luxeries!MYpoint is this is unfair to the disabled and poor,wich we are both,wife has been disabled entire life due to espispy,she cannot work,i work part time,but do not make enough to pay for everything,AGAIN I SAY THIS IS WRONG!!!

Food more important than any cable company, I going to shut down my cable also. In not worth the price of going without food. I can't see paying out 80.00 just to see tv.

Do you expect anyone to feel sorry for you? You don't need cable to live so stop you're whining.

You do realize that it's not Comcast's responsibility to make sure that you have your soap fix or are able to watch Oprah every day, don't you? Why don't you get the local channels? It's because you feel entitled to get the highest level but be able to only pay $20 a month because you're on a fixed income.

Grow the *** up.

You're online, that should be enough. If you're at the library (which I highly doubt) then go check out some FREE movies and stop you're *** complaining.

It appears that your computer is working just fine and you're able to afford internet access - read your news and catch up on your soaps from there. There are lots of things I'd like to have too, but alas, evil people and organizations expect me to pay for them.... :cry

It's possible to qualify for a "Senior Citizen" rate--IF Comcast offers such. I know AT&T was offering Senior Citizen rates on some of their services in florida.

:? If you can't afford it, you can't get it.

Sorry to hear about your situation, but Comcast (or other cable tv) is not a right. It is a "luxury", to use your term. This issue is not about fairness.

No one needs cable tv. Be glad you can put food on the table and have a roof over your head.

View more comments (4)
South Bend, Indiana

Comcast - Customer service suucks.

Comcast online service was not able to close order beacause error in system - they send me to store - store have different prices than web - I have to pay $3.00 more per month - ok. Tech show up to install cable card - card not working for some reason - I agree to have box. He install box but not compatible with HD signal but I ordered HD TV package!?. Call again - they promise - first HD box free, scheduled another app. When second tech show up he had "service call" only in work order. He called dispatch and they offer HD box for $9.99 for month. I called cust. service again they confirmed - 1st box free but when they transfer me to tech support they no nothing about and they can install HD box for $16.99 fee + $9.99 per month. It's worst than communism - communist's at least had no computers or technology. What is going on?
Bolingbrook, Illinois
Comcast Tv Service

Comcast - Used my DTA w diff account

Comcast sends me a DTA box for new cable. I hook it up correctly. Website says it may take 24 hours for service. I wait 4 days. Call in, Justin gives me the run around, says DTA wasn't on our account, says he set it up & to call back in hour if it doesn't work. 1.5 hours on the phone the next day and Guillermo says Justin didn't put the DTA into my account. Said my DTA is synced with another account due to a human error, but not my error. I have to set up a new box when he sends it to me. He also said the phone numbers they send DTAs to often appear under multiple accounts and mine was confusing. We've had this phone number for 23 years and never moved. Not confusing.
Elmhurst, Illinois
Comcast Account
Where else do we have to pay in advance for a service? The airlines? Legal advice? I guess overcharging and advance payment go hand in hand. How about being told your bill will be 140.00 per month and it's 170.00 every month? Unfortunately, I feel bad for the...
Columbus, New Jersey

Comcast - Router, Router--Who's got the Router?

Add me to the list of those who have been "led astray" by DECEIPT courtesy of Comcast. I received a call from a ComCast telemarketer 2 weeks ago (Feb, 2010)--we talked about my current service phone Company DSL as opposed to Comcast. he gave me examples of packages--and we talked further as I was a little hesitant of changing ISP as i NEED 2 computers to be networked & share an Internet connection. The Telemarketer assured me the "transition" would be smooth & there would be NO charge for Installation--plus the price was "Right". So against 'instinct" I agreed. The service call took place as scheduled this morning with the installation guy prompt. After laying some cable & making the necessary connections, computer #1 was online & going great. HOWEVER, computer#2 seemed to be having trouble signing in to messenger. It turned out computer#2 was linked to an Ethernet switcher, but when the DSL was disconnected, so was the Modem/Router unit. Ergo, NO "connectivity" for computer#2. Then the installation guy said "well, you need to buy a Router"---"REALLY? No *** Sherlock", was my first thought. I tried repeatedly calling, chatting online with Comcast--even called their "Corporate Office" and spoke to a woman, whom the second time I spoke with her (3 hours later--didn't REMEMBER me until I started re-hashing the story"). The up-shoot was Comcast could send a Technician with a Router--but it will cost $149 to install--I told them I didn't NEED to for the Tech to install it, I'd do it myself. They WON'T send him over to simply "drop off" a Router. My second suggestion was I'd go pick up a Router at one of the local Comcast Centers--but they didn't HAVE any wireless Routers at their local Centers. My THIRD suggestion was to go to Radio Shack, etc buy a Router & get re-imbursed/compensated by Comcast--but they're not "authorized" to do this. However they ARE "authorized" to MIS-LEAD you into thinking that install is free & then inform you that you need a Router--which will co$t $149 to install. I have left messages online chat & over the phone for someone to get back to me --talked (supposedly) to the Secretary to the President--who said she would "escalate" my complaint --but STILL haven't heard from them. So, I'm taking matters into my OWN hands by filing this review, then will make a report to Better Business Bureau--Re: "Bait & Switch" tactics & then will look for ANOTHER Phone/Internet provider & DUMP Comcast where they belong--in the TRASH!

Ditto with respect to the complaint above (now here in 2011 when the supposed free routers were available). Ditto with respect to completely inconsistent info from customer service, and after telling me when I ordered (immediately) the "free" router plus S&H that it would be 3-5 days, it is now going to take 8 weeks.

PLUS, they refused to affer me ANY credit. I am switching back to DTV and Verizon.

From what you wrote, Comcast never promised you a free router. You assumed they would provide one for no charge, but you assumed wrong.

At that time, they did not offer routers to ANY customers without signing up for the "home networking" service which is the separate $149 charge you speak of.

Comcast does now provide free routers (although you do have to pay for shipping) and you can order one at comcast.com/wireless router. I agree that they were late to the game in providing them when compared with other services, but it's up to you as a consumer to weigh the pros and cons when you choose your provider instead of complaining when they don't give you things they don't offer.

"Addendum" to "Router, Router--Who's got the Router"?--after several emails back & forth "From the office of the Vice President", a representative has offered me a $25 credit. Nice gesture, but fIRST of all--any DECENT Router will cost upwards of $35--secondly and I DID emailthem back, saying Thansk but I would GLADLY return the $25 credit for someone to DROP OFFa Router.No response--these folks at Comcast are something, eh?

View more comments (2)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast Sucks!

My husband and I have been Comcast customers for a number of years off and on. I haven't posted anything about Comcast until now because they really pissed me off! So here's what happened...We ordered Comcast in November 2009 because we moved to a Comcast only zone and at the time could not quality for Direct or Dish, so the end result was Comcast. We started out ok but unforeseen circumstances came up and we got behind on the bill. That was no problem because I caught it up and got it current. So I recieve a bill in Jan 2010 stating that we only owed about $142 so I was like cool. Time passed on and I recieve another bill stating that we now owe about $420!!! I was like oh H no!! So I called them. The rep tells me that there was a misapplied payment on my acct that wasn't supposed to be there and they yanked it off of my bill, so the total was what I owed. Ok, now I understand that it may have been a misapplied payment but when I ask for a payment arrangement, the *** rep tells me that she couldn't provide a payment arrangement due to my account being 60 days past due??? (few choice words, trying to keep it clean) So I tell this rep that while I understand what you are saying, but whose fault is it? My account was not 60days behind until you applied this money to my acct and now I'm asking for an arrangement to get this paid and you deny me!!! So she tells me that a rep will be coming out to pick up my boxes and you know what I told them...come get the (a choice word)and hung up the phone. So they came later on that night because I guess the rep didn't like my tone with her and I really don't care about her or Comcast and that's why there is competition like AT&T whose been around for many years, so that will be my next step! Good riddance, Comcast!

Comcast is as equally fusterating to consumers and employees alike. There billing system sucks. Most times customer service sucks too because of several factors. 1.)The way they train employees

2.)The way they treat employees

3.)They way they teach employees to be jerks.

Everything comcast stands for shows directly from the customer service you get.

Atlanta, Georgia

We've been duped - Comcast Netbook SCAM

My experience is similar to many who've posted to this and many other sites, but I want to add that after almost 8 months of the royal run-around, Comcast will NOT send the netbook NOR will they give me any compensation other than a "we apologize for the inconvenience" and oh - "how about a $30 credit to your account?" Basically, it's a clear case of deception. They offer you the Triple Play services plus the free netbook, then they turn right around and send you a contract DIFFERENT from what you were offered, clearly hoping you don't read the fine print (or are even able to interpret THEIR INTERPRETATION of the fine print) so that they can turn around and say, "I'm not sure what was offered to you, but that is NOT what was in your contract." This finally came to a head today 3/18/10, my SEVENTH call (not to mention all the online service "chats" I've had with Comcast) to inquire about the netbook and a lot of back and forth between Comcast and their outsourced "Rebate Center." I also got a different story EVERY time I called. Today, after an hour of interacting with the cutomer service rep as he performed a fine-toothed comb treatment through my account, I finally was transferred to a supervisor from a call center in Mexico who was very abrupt (but, at least he wasn't rude). He put down the hammer on the whole issue, was adamant that I would not receive a netbook or anything comparable, but offered the $30 credit. How can we go about instituting a class action law suit??? It seems to me that many were intentionally duped, and the whole offer seemed to be a bait and switch at the very least. I started filing a complaint on the Better Business Bureau website. Is this worthwhile???

I too am filing a complaint against Comcast with my Division of Consumer affairs in NJ. I signed up for Triple play in November with promise of a camcorder.

After many calls for the past 5 minth, (the person I talked to in in March said that the camcorder had been shipped and they would track it and call me back within 2 weeks). NO phone call and no camcorder as of this writing. So, I call today and they say that I MUST sign up for HD TV to get the camcorder that I was promised 6 months ago. I told them my TV is 20 years old and the service tech should/should have told me that when they were at my home installing everything.

Now the woman says someone will call me back and explain what I signed up for.

I am not *** I have the paperwork and it does not say that I need to go to HD TV which will cost more per month to get this *** camcorder. IF there is a class action law suit out there let me know and I will sign right up.

:( absolute hate comcast...where can i find this class action lawsuit against them

have tried getting someone to talk to me for over 3 months...i get the same response. I will file and email...

you didnt send the contract in on time

I DID...

this is ridiculous.

I filed a complaint today with the BBB but again I am not sure if it will help but I am also thinking about filing a class action law suit because I do not like the lie that Comcast fooled us all with!!

View more comments (3)
Hayward, California

Comcast Usage Meter!!!

Yesterday, I received an email stating that Comcast is pleased to announce the pilot launch of the Comcast Usage Meter in my area. My jaw instantly dropped to the floor. The message even went so far as to claim that it was a service related email intended to notify me of the service upgrade that provides the usage meter. Obviously the management at Comcast believes its customers are *** What's next? Slap our faces and tell us how good it feels? The implementation of a usage meter on the Internet is a counter cultural move because Internet connectivity has ALWAYS been based on a single price unlimited use model. The Internet has evolved far beyond the simple notion of a network of networks. Indeed, the modern Internet has become the single greatest medium for individuals to exercise their freedom of speech. Now Comcast comes along and wants to limit the amount of free speech that we get from our connection. I intend to contact my Congressional representatives and to begin an online campaign to end the Usage Meter once and for all. I hope that all other Comcast subscribers will join me.
Stafford, Virginia
Comcast Internet Service

List of my Comcast problems

Internet- slow, their modem freezes up often, they kick me off my router...or atleaast blame the router for all problems. All issues can be resolved with resetting the modem. Or atleast that is all the customer service people know. Cable-We often get the digitized boxes, sound drops out. THe DVR box has been a mess. One day I turned it on and everything I had recorded and all of my programing was gone! Erased like it was a new machine. I was shocked. Lately my shows record, it doesn't get the right program. The recorded program might say it recorded 2 1/2 men at 9 pm on Tuesday, but the show that comes up when i it play is other shows from an hour earlier. And the DVR still says it is the right show. One SAturday night i set the dvr to record a show at 10 to 11 pm. It recorded it twice (on both tuners). When i got up, I found out it was still recording. It had recorded 10 hours of sci-fi on 2 tuners. SO it recorded 20 hours of stuff i did not need. Ugh! I think the box is possessed. On Demand has not been working either. Some days it says i dont have that services. I hate talking to customer service for comcast. When i call for cable problems, they have the same advise as the internet cust. service, "Reset it". When we get our house next month, we are going with Directv or Fios. Can't be any worse than Comcast. And MUCH cheaper
Rose

Aside from the DVR troubles you described, we experienced the same troubles basically from the first day of being hooked up. We must have had 200 signals sent to the box, and nothing worked.

And getting a tech to show up out here is impossible. Twice they were scheduled and twice they never showed, and when we called to complain, the customer rep said it was written up on the work order as "cancelled" because no one was home. Though they never called, and never showed up. We made sure someone was home between noon and 5.

Our bill went up 35.00 in the last 2 months for no reason. The promo period ended in November. We never got a rate increase notification nor did we upgrade anything.When we again called for an explanation,the first customer rep. read off the bill and charges, when I asked it to be explained, she promptly said, "Maam, I am not here to argue with you" I hung up.

My husband called later that evening, they told him we fell in the middle of a billing cycle. Which they socked us for back in Aug 09 for the same reasoning.

We have since canceeled the Tv and went another direction. And yes Comcast, we now are happy!

Beaverton, Oregon

Comcast suckd

For the last 6 mths problems with billing i did not order c-max and i am being billed. every time i call they say sorry we will fix it this time. just purchased a router from them and i have nothing but problems they say they will send a tech and they never show up. when you call you get i am very sorry sure. well today i call the corp headquarters 215-665-1700. they said someone will call me 3/16 sure. bottom line is that COMCAST OVERALL ***. so call the phone number the is listed above.
Rose

I can hear you loud and clear.. Too bad they dont.

We signed up for cable in June 09 because of the digital transistion and Comcast has the conglomerate here. From day 1 we had trouble. Screen freezes, sound disappears, lost channels, equipment failure, poor signals to mention a few. Once in Aug.

09 we needed a tech out here, they never showed. When we called about it, they said they had wrote it up as cancelled because no one was home. A whopping $20 credit. WOW!

February, still experiencing the same *** problems and yet again, tech blows us off. Another $20 credit. ***, how can they afford it? When for no reason as the amounts on the bill show, our bill went from $65.00 a month to $85.00 in Feb, to $98.00 in March.

The customer rep. said it was because we fell in the middle of a billing cycle. We already were socked in Aug.09 for 145.00 for that same reason. So when I read the comments that they lie, do not care about customers because the bottom line is all that matters...

It rings very true. Sad but True. They even resorted to bad-mouthing the satellite company that was here for the installation when they convienantly showed up to take back their precious equipment.

That was the utmost show of professionalism I have seen in my life. I guarantee Comcast, you wont be playing "Welcome Back" for us!

Flemington, New Jersey
Rose

My husband just got a call from comcast wanting us back. When he told her he didnt want her to go over her 9 minute limit, she said and I quote.... " I am not from customer service, I am from customer relations." Never denied the limit, so it must be true, but only for the poor saps in customer service!

View more comments
Orlando, Florida
Comcast Customer Care

Comcast is worthless

I've never had a worse experience with any company in my life! After 6 months in a new house with Comcast, and probably 11 calls to try to fix TV and billing problems (some of which were never resolved), I finally cancelled them. On two occasions they actually sent technicians out to disconnect my cable for no reason, and I had to call and wait up to a week and a half for them to send a tech back out to reconnect me. I finally got DirectTV, which I love, and suddenly on a Saturday afternoon it stops working. It turns out Comcast had again sent out a technician to disconnect the cabling to my house used by the DirectTV dish!! Comcast actually disconnected my DirectTV and made me wait again for service to be restored. If I ever see another Comcast technician on my property I'm calling the police. I hate that company with the fire of 1000 suns.

Comcast don't care about the customers

The truth is Comcast does not care about their customers, they just care about numbers, customer service representatives have to make sure they resolve technical problems within 9 minutes, if representatives still on a call after the 9 minutes, representatives are harass constantly by supervisors, and operations. They have people on the floor making sure representatives finish their call as soon as possible, even if representatives are in their weekly manager meetings, system issues, still affect them, that company does not have a good operations system, to work on exceptions.

I know all this because I had a few friends working for Comcast, most of them have resigned due that work was too extremely stressful, some of them still remain looking for another job, due to the bad economy. That's the reason why customer service rep are rude, the company does not care about customer service just numbers.

The truth is comcast does not care about their customers, they just care about numbers, customer service representatives have to make sure they resolve technical problems within 9 minutes, if representatives still on a call after the 9 minutes, representatives are harass constantly by supervisors, and operations. They have people on the floor making sure representatives finish their call as soon as possible, even if representatives are in their weekly manager meetings, system issues, still affect them, that company does not have a good operations system, to work on exceptions.

I know all this because I had a few friends working for comcast, most of them have resigned due that work was too extremely stressful, some of them still remain looking for another job, due to the bad economy. That's the reason why customer service rep are rude, the company does not care about customer service just numbers.

View more comments (1)
Chicago, Illinois
Comcast Tv Service

Comcast Liars

I recently received several phone calls and an angry letter from Comcast threatening to cancel my service because they claimed I did not pay my bill. My bank statement clearly shows that Comcast took my money. I have a confirmation email to prove it. When I called the Comcast Customer Service, I was spoken to like a thief. They were very rude and no one was willing to help me. I've faxed copies of my bill and bank statement illustrating that I paid what they claim I did not. To date, the issue is still not resolved. To the Comcast Customer Service poster, I was nice. I spoke in a calm, friendly voice and was still treated like a thief and was not helped. I am looking to cancel my service. I've been a loyal customer who has paid my bill on time for almost 2 years. After a problem with YOUR system, I'm being threatened. This is unacceptable.
Washington, District Of Columbia

Comcast is rip off

This new move to digital is nothing but a money maker for Comcast. They say they are giving away 2 adapters per house - but it is just another way for the further control your viewing and monitor what is being viewed. I decided I would pay for an extra HD-DVR - but I not only had to pay their advertised rate per month but then an additional fee for having more then 3 HD boxes (they don't advertise that). So now with their *** digital adapters I have ANOTHER remote that I have to use. They are out of control and just add fees on top of fees. I'll be looking at alternatives - but I think they have a pretty good monopoly.

What's the latest with "on Demand" the programs they run no longer have a fast forward feature. I use on demand to see programs i don't have time to watch regularly,if i don't have time do i really want to watch commercials?

furthermore why the same ones over and over? come on comcast if you can't afford to put the programs on without a fast forward feature don't offer them!!!

I so agree ... I feel like we are stuck and Comcast knows it ...

we have 3 choices ... no cable TV (which I am close to doing but will miss HGTV and the Food Network and FOX News), Comcast Digital Cable, or Sattelite TV ...

we sure can't expect the government to help us! *** world we live in!

Comcast has fraudulant sales policies. I received a call from them telling me that my high speed wasn't as fast as it could be and they would like to install a free modem.

Knowing Comcast as I do I asked how long it was free for. The answer? Till I stopped my service. Then I asked if it was free even though I was not going to sign up for their digital phone service they are always hawking.

The answer was yes. Can you guess? It wasn't free at all. So after over an hour of yelling in the phone I got them to give their "long term, valued" customer a credit and reduce rate - for 6 months.

After which this long-term, valued customer will be taking his business elsewhere. Fraud is will not be tolerated!

#121984

got my digital box lost all the local tv stations that were broadcasting in HD. now they tell me I need to get a HD box to get the HD channels I had before the change to digital cable which only helped them not me and now will cost me. I too will be looking at alternatives.

#121927

My family and I were scammed as well. never received our net-book.

was to get it before the holiday.

I am going to the BB. hopeful will hear from them soon.

View more comments (4)
Indianapolis, Indiana

Comcast - Repeated notices of subscriiiption expiring and money due.

Nov. 2009 I sent check #658 in the amount of $65.90, I have canceled check to cover subscription renewal for Lisa Morganweck, Dorothy Harada, Nancy Morganweck, Krystal Morganweck and mine, Shirley Furey. I have received multiple notices the subscription was expiring! Please give me a status on my account. (The check that I sent you was dated 11/28/09 and cashed by your company Dec 09.) If you need copy of dated check please notify me and I will send it on to you. Shirley M. Furey, 535 South St 4-1 Fitchburg,MA 01420 stanley4877@comcast.net
Fitchburg, Massachusetts