Show reviews that mention
service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem people account
Filter review

Comcast Customer Service Sucks and Nobody CARES

Received by bill and it was $35 higher than the last few months and spoke with customer service agent after being on hold for over 1 1/2 hours and she was *** and transfered me to another person and after having to repeat my information some three times I then was promised a call back from the supervisor and never got the call back. Typical experience with Comcast, sure wish another cable company was in this area. No wonder they were in Bankruptcy. They truly suck as a company. Called customer service again and after another 1 hour 45 minutes finally spoke with a human and they aren't any help eitehr.
Kelcy

I switched to Comcast a year ago. They have the worst customer service on the planet.

Everyone at the call center speaks broken English.

I'm switching back to DirecTV. Never should have left them in the first place.

Plain and simple, Customers need to form a class action against Comcast(now Xfinity)for,

A- Price gouging.

B- Unfair business practices.

C- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

D- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

E- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

*** Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

G- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

H- False advertising.

There you have it folks, 8 good and valid reasons for a class action against Comcast.

The problem is for some reason people are afraid of forming a class action against this company...

My bill was $37 more than the previous month this month. I called and they said I was already paying a discounted rate.

What? When did Comcast decide to raise prices and not tell the consumer? WTF? I never received any information on price hikes on cable and Internet bundles.

I'm so sick of big conglomerate companies doing whatever they want and screwing the consumer that keeps it in business. I sooooo want to leave this horrible company that calls itself Comcast. They are such a disgrace and forget that the people it serves is the reason why they still have a job. All they want is money.

Greedy bastards. 10 years of loyalty doesn't matter.

Why? Because they own the world in cable/Internet services.

Direct TV did the same thing, charged me $500 for a dvr that i already bought 2 years ago! all they did was attempt to credit me but I spilled some colourful words and the "Law-suit" bomb, "I have the recipt from when i bought it 2 years ago and your re-bill for this charge refund or ill see you in court." they refunded my money the next day in a check.

Come to an understanding that all cable companies SUCK, similar sittuation with my friend and COX

Comcast has been billing me for digital converter boxes that we suppose to be free for 14 month. The admit they over charged me by $206, but are willing to credit me only for two months, about $35. I call this stealing.

I placed an on-line order with Comcast for new cable service in my home. My order was for the digital starter package, at 29.99, 2 additional digital boxes at 8.50 each and 2 adapters, at no cost. I understood what my monthly fees would be. I was told during our on-line chat that the installation would be $34.99, which was a savings down from the normal $50.00. Great deal! Come on and let's get going! When the tech arrived at my home, he had the 3 digital boxes but showed nowhere on his order the 2 adpater kits. No problem, he would drop them off the next day. Great. When we were discussing the installation, he said the $34.99 was for 1 basic install only: the additional boxes would be around $70 PER BOX! The sales rep I ordered thru never mentioned this to me and I re-iterated that I would only be paying the $34.99. Yes. That is it. It was out of the techs hands, and he indicated this kind of deceptive sales pratice was pretty common. Just the day before he arrived at a customers home and they were told the same thing. I contacted Customer Service at Comcast and they were no help: they said there are additional fees for installing the additional boxes and fishing the line. I called there Executive Complaint department and was told the same thing, however, she would waive the $34.99 fee and one of the other install fees. I don't think so.

There should be a transcript of my order details and in it you will find no mention of any potential additional charges for installation.

I wasted my Saturday waiting for the tech to get there, even went so far as to make it easy for him to pull the cable into the attic by cutting *** in the wall and running a string he could attach his cable to and pull it through. What a waste.

Comcast is doing nothing to honor their contract, which is what it basically is when I signed up with them.

I would like to see them honor their contract with me by sending the correct equipment ordered and installing it at the quoted $34.99 price.

As of yet they are unwilling to make good on their end of the agreement.

View more comments (5)
Knoxville, Tennessee

Horrible service from Comcast

I am a customer who buys cable TV, Internet and phone service from you. On 3/14 I lose my internet service. I call Comcast and spend 45 minutes on the phone try to get the problem diagnosed. They can't find the problem so I ask for a service call. It is set up for 3/16, between 8-11. I'm on the phone at for a couple of minutes around 9:30. Apparently that is the same time the tech is trying to reach me to confirm that I am home. I can't take the call because I'm already on the line. As a result my appointment is cancelled. First problem: NO ONE EVER TOLD ME WHEN I SET UP THE APPOINTMENT THAT 1.) A CONFIRMING CALL WOULD BE MADE THAT MORNING AND 2.) IF I DIDN'T TAKE THE CALL THE APPOINTMENT WOULD BE CANCELLED. NUTS. I call and ask for another appointment and am given the 11-2 slot for the same day. I have now lost a 1/2 a day from work. A tech arrives ( nice guy) and in about 20 minutes tells me that my wireless router has failed and that I can get a new one from Comcast at no cost by either ordering one and having it shipped or visiting a Comcast outlet about 15 minutes from my job. I tell him I want to pick it up myself at the outlet. He says It is Bloomfield but he can't give me the address or the phone number because " they don't give us that information". NUTS. I go online and Google "Comcast Bloomfield". A page appears. Surprise: No local phone number, no address. I call the 800 # on the screen and after going through a whole bunch of prompts am told to call some other 800 #. NUTS. I do some more googling and find the street address.The next day I take the 30 minutes round trip to visit the place. I take my ticket, wait in line. Then I'm told "You can't get routers from here, it's has to be done by mail." NUTS. I then order the router on 3/17 and am told it will be 3-5 business days before I receive it. BY 3/28 I still don't have it so I call. At that point I'm told that it will be 2-3 weeks and that I must have " "misunderstood". I didn't "misunderstand" anything. I know what "3-5 days" sounds like, which happens to be nothing like " 2-3 weeks". They don't sound remotely alike. In short, Comcast wastes the customer's time, make it difficult for them to get necessary information, and gives them incorrect information. On the service side of things I can't think of any other categories that are left to screw up. They disrespect their customers.

All of a sudden no channels are available above #22; only a "no signal" message appears where each should be. I've tried to call, but get put on "hold" indefinitely and hear nothing but recorded messages and menus--none of which address my problem.

Comcast is a lesson in abject frustration.

Why are they still in business? By the way, my payment is made automatically every month.

Windsor, Connecticut
Comcast Internet Service

Can't breath, I'm so mad at comcast

All I can say now is the I have been jerked around by comcast for months. Lied to, charged for service that's not working (DVR), promised a refund for months of non-service, then told, "Well, you only mentioned that the service didn't work in your last service call and we can only give you a partial month refund." I'd been calling and complaining for months. But, the topper today: They cut off service because I had, the said, not paid my account since January. Hey, folks, I said when I called, I just paid $170 two weeks ago to you! No, we don't have any record of that, they said. Funny that my bank account shows that amount going to comcast two weeks ago. If their lips are moving at comcast, they're lying.

I have been trying to advertise on Comcast for months now. I've spoken to everyone but the people in charge of commercials for tv,, , , apparently!

I spend around $6000.00 per month on advertising and wanted to switch it over to cable advertising, and no one seems to know who to talk to. Not a one of them passed my name off to the correct department....

let alone the right person!

Guess they are so rich that they don't need my advertising dollars!

I am so pissed at this company. I feel robbed and lied to.

I cannot express how angry and pissed i am. In had a bill of 65 dollars month for cable and a phone line. Then ingot internet and my bill came in at 405 dollars.

For a simple upgrade. I am sooooo *** pissed!!!!!

NO ***! these pig headed script reading lazy *** can not figure out anything.

I have been on phone with hours over days, 3 boxes later still not working.

How do they keep in business. I ma going to change as soon as I can

View more comments (2)
Houston, Texas

Beaware of Comcast

I had Comcast Xfinity internet connection (Account # - 8772 10 557 0752713). I had closed the service on 01/22/2011 and the prorated refund amount was USD 23.65. I was told within maximum of 4 - 6 weeks I will receive the refund amont at the forwarding address I had provided at the time of account closure. Now it is more than 2 months, but I still have NOT received the refund amount. I have been calling for last several weeks to get the status. But no one is providing any information. Every time I call, they say that they are raising an escalation and I will get a call from the team within next 24 hours. But till date I have not received any call from Comcast. Now I am completely stuck as I have no other alternate option to reach out to comcast to resolve the matter. As this is going on for ever, last week (on 03/19/2011) when I talked to the customer care person (Name - Jennifer, Badge # - 5172) and she was not able to provide me any solution I had asked for her manager. Then I talked to the manager (Name - Amanda, Badge # - 1825) and she assured me that I will get a call by 03/21/2011 because she is logging an excalation ticket. But till date (03/26/2011) I have not received any call.

at&t U-Verse all the way!!!

It will take about 3month for you to get your money from comcast, granted that they can't find some reason not to give it to you. It's like they have a cap on how much money they can give back within a month, no doubt a lot of people are asking for refunds because the company is robbing the consumers.

Their charging me $7 a month for modem rental...

but I own my own modem. :sigh

View more comments (1)
Macomb, Michigan

Comcast Has No Equipment

On 3-15 I placed an order with Comcast to provide me with Telephone, Internet and TV. I was told the equipment for my order would be at my house by 3-22. On 3-24, I still had not received my equipment. I called Comcast and asked the status. The agent said he would have to talk to his manager. He came back on line and told me that the person that originally took my order had not "released" the equipment to ship. He told me as a result of Comcast error, he would ship the equipment overnight and I would have it on 3-25. He gave me a confirmation number and told me that I could track the shipment at Comcast.net. On 3-25 I went on line for 20 min. and could NOT find any way to track my order. I called Comcast and after lots of waiting got a rep who told me that there is no way to track an order on Comcast.net. He transferred me to another department. The rep from the new department told me that the order was NOT shipping overnight and I would get it in 3-5 business days. I asked to talk to his supervisor who was Monik Employee# Semo0610. Monki told me that Comcast did not have any equipment to ship due to their vender delays and that all orders in March had been delayed due to this. I asked Monik why none of the half-dozen Comcast employees I had spoken to had told me this. Instead they all said "you will get your components in x-days". Monik could not tell me when the order would ship, but it would not be before April. She then told me that I would need to go through the "Order Release" process all over again because this needed to happen AGAIN because the order was delayed. I asked to speak to her superior and was told that there was no person I could talk to and that Comcast managers do not receive or return calls. So, right now, I have been lied to a number of times and I have no idea when I will get my equipment. This is not a way to run a company and I WILL NOT accept this kind of extremely bad service.

April 9 and still no router^*&%^%#^%*)^*%&*%^$^$%&^%%^!!@(!@*@!!!!

Seems to me that they are scrambling to compete with U-Verse. In other words, trying to do what they should be doing and not shafting everyone. But they were not ready to break out of their monopoly slump!

I am still waiting for my wireless router. They said it won't ship until after April 1st.

I am very angry.

I finally got my installation fee waived, but it took alot of effort. I feel jipped!

View more comments (1)
Berkeley, California

Comcast - Billing lies

Comcast complaint One consistent theme of Comcast is that no one ever does what they promise you will be done and no one ever calls back to follow up!! We decided to get Comcast service for the first time when moving from Kansas to Indiana in November, 2010. My wife has a brother who works for Comcast and our landlord also has family working for Comcast. Therefore, we began this experience with a positive outlook about the company. We ordered Comcast's Double Play – Phone and Internet service package for $39.99/month. This was ordered online on Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 12:56 p.m. Our confirmation shows Bridgevine Order Number:ap-244761. We have a printed copy of this. Our Order Reference Number was: 427915292 and our Account Number was: 017273130735. Installation was scheduled for Monday, November 22, 2010, between 1-5 p.m. Ticket Number was: CR228438974. Service was installed on time and worked fine; for exactly one week! The installation man would install only one connection for our whole home. We had a phone and two computers hooked up to it, a desktop and a laptop. On the afternoon of the next Monday, November 29, the laptop started receiving a message that Comcast was having problems connecting with it. Then began a series of trying to seek correction of this Comcast problem, beginning with online assistance and then many phone calls to their tech support. Everyone I spoke with was polite; they just were all lacking any ability to correct the problem. They would tell me they had to send it to more technical staff within Comcast and that they would then contact me. No one would allow me to actually speak with a more technical person and I was never called back by anyone! After almost two weeks of this, I thought the problem might be with my laptop, although the messages from Comcast online always said they were having problems connecting. I wiped the computer memory clean and reloaded everything back onto it. I got the same exact message from Comcast. A friend has AT&T Internet service, so I took my laptop there to see if it would work on AT&T. It worked immediately from first plugging it in! At this point, I decided to switch to AT&T. Even though the same service was more expensive with AT&T, at least it worked. I terminated Comcast service, effective Monday, December 20. Since it was still within the Comcast 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, I was told that I would receive a full refund of the $98.29 I had already paid. This first bill that I'd paid billed me $47.20 for monthly service, instead of the $39.99 that I had ordered! When AT&T was here to hook up their service, they informed me that Comcast had cut all of the AT&T lines which had been in the house, running service to every room. Comcast uses totally different types of lines, going to a different location, and there was no legal reason for them to cut the AT&T lines. In fact, it was a criminal action! On Tuesday, December 21, at 10:35 a.m.; I spoke with Sheila at Comcast. She issued a work order, number 002344563, for Comcast to repair the cut AT&T lines; agreeing that the lines should not have been cut! She told me that a Mike 'Estes' (spelling?) at the Anderson Comcast office would be contacting me to get it fixed. His phone number was given as 765-622-2914. He left one voice mail message for me and has not returned any on the messages I have left for him! She told me that I would receive the full refund check within 4 to 6 weeks. This guaranteeing of the refund to be in the mail within 4 to 6 weeks is a habit of Comcast, a delaying tactic that they used with me every month. They can issue bills promptly, but seem unable or unwilling to issue refund checks! At 3:45 p.m. that same day I returned the Comcast modem and power cord to their office at 335 E. 10th Street, Anderson, Indiana. On Wednesday, January 12, 2011, at 3:53 p.m., after receiving another bill from Comcast, I called them and spoke with Jackie, employee # 6421 in North Carolina. She told me that their records did show that I had returned the modem for which they were billing me and that I should ignore the current bill. The 'final bill' should be received by me 4-6 weeks after December 21, 2010. Then the 'refund check' should be received by me 4 weeks after that. She said they would follow up on the damage claim. No one had contacted me to repair their damage. I next received another bill from Comcast, showing current account activity through January 14, 2011, adding more money due! It was charging me $70.14 for 'unreturned equipment'!!!. On Friday, January 21, I received a COLLECTION ACTIVITY ALERT from Comcast, dated January 18, for the full amount of the bill dated January 14. After only 4 days from issuing a bill, they sent the COLLECTION ACTIVITY ALERT for the amount of $119.29! On Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 1:54 p.m. I called Comcast and ended up speaking with Dan, employee number 86907 from Fort Wayne. He was nice, polite and assured me he would take care of everything and that I'd receive the refund check in 4 weeks. However, the only thing that actually got changed was to show the return of their modem! On February 14, Comcast billed me for $49.29 (monthly service charge, including tax)! I had terminated service two months prior and they still owed me the refund of $98.29. But, instead of refunding me, they were still charging me more!!! On Wednesday February 22, at 4:18 p.m., I called Comcast again and spoke with Clint, employee # 86118 in Indianapolis, and his supervisor Stacia. They reassured me that I would actually get the refund check in 4 weeks, saying they could not expedite it despite its long delay. They also issued a new work order to repair my cut AT&T lines, # 002465355. On Saturday, February 26, I received another COLLECTION ACTIVITY ALERT for the new amount of $49.29. Now, on Tuesday, March 22, I received a COLLECTION NOTICE from a collection company trying to collect this $49.29 for Comcast! I still have not received my refund check, many months promised and far past due, while Comcast still tries to collect unjustified charges! Plus, they are ruining my good credit rating!!!! Can anyone help me with this monster?

I am experiencing something similar, how did your situation turn out?

Indianapolis, Indiana
Loss

Comcast - I used to get basic hd channels for local tv

Last week I used to get ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC local stations in hd. Now comcast tells me that I have to get an hd box to view these stations and to top it off, I would have to use another remote to control this box. I can barely afford what I get now which is basic service. They tell me now I have to fork out $8.95 more /month to get these. what a rip-off .... first they mess with my e-mail address, now this. As if they don't get enough money through a monopoly in my area....what is next Comcast?.. a door to door search to see what else you can rip from me?

You can get HD local channels just by using HD Rabbit ear Antenna.

Somerville, Massachusetts

Comcast - Lack of Consideration

I was displeased to arrive home from work to find I had no internet or tv service. Of course, after spending an hour on the phone with comcast turning every box in the entire house off and back on I resigned myself to the fact that it was a lost cause. I made appointment to have a technician out the following evening. The next night, no one came to fix the cable. After calling to inquire as to why, I was told that my operator never put in the appointment as she had stated that she did. Of course, even though it was a comcast error, I was left without an cable service. I tried to explain that in the real world, those who make a mistake at work stay until its fixed and that while it is not the technician's fault, comcast has a responsibility to keep the appointment and fix my cable. Apparently that makes no sense in the comcast world. I made appointment to have a technician out the following evening. When the technician arrived, he found that comcast had disconnected me, instead of my neighbor. Thanks comcast. So, tyou disconnected me, you didn't schedule my promised appointment, and I had two days - that I PAID for - with NO service what so ever. I'm finding a new provider.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Comcast 800 number techsupport sucks

a week ago I received a call from comcast sells department to upgrade the service. The sell person very nice educated borring. anyway after an hour of talking and clearing things to make sure I understood what the deal was he nerver mentioned to call the selfintall kit phone for help after I asked him if I need it help where am I suppose to call. He told me and insisted that I can call 800 comcast. After completing the sell I got connected to another cell person and the same thing I asked and he told me to call 800 comcast. I chose to get the require equipment local here in Miami, but the fact is that I did not get everything that was require for me to have for the self intall kit. At first I got lucky and connected the modem fine except the phone service . I spent 8 hours to resolve the problem and the fact was that with all the idiots of comcast tech support that I talked the never mentioned about a self install Phone line help. Instead including a supervisor insisted to sent a technitian when in fact there was nothing would off able to do except charging for something that it was there fault ( not activating the phone in the first place or rather giving me the correct phone number to get help.
Miami, Florida

Comcast - Customer service

i tried too get comcast but was put off for different dates,called customer service too try too get help with the first bill,too no end,but was not helped so i cancelled the installation,yhe install person called me back,and said he could do ,the install on the 25th,but i allready cancelled,this is why i cancelled my service with comcast the last time,because of yor customer service people,what comcast needs is a guy like me too come,in and start firing people,and get people who want too make this a better company,to do business with,all i can say your people,need a different job,or different people running that company,thank you mr.jerry gilbert 5414 webster st fortwayne,in 46807

The way you spell and punctuate I would think that the last thing they need is a guy like you.

Rochester, New York

Comcast is Horrible!

Every interaction I have with Comcast is horrible! They have the worst customer service that I have ever experienced! I have worked for many call centers before, and Comcast doesn't even come close to how you are supposed to treat your customers. Now on top of everything else, they are billing me a service call fee for replacing one of their old lines that is their responsibility! They also are charging me for canceling my TV service and re-activating it when I never even requested it! I wish I had another provider I could go to for Internet. They are even pushing me to wondering if I can go without Internet completely!

I'd call their corporate office. I don't call 800-COMCAST anymore. I never get anything accomplished, nor is it even resolved.

They will forward the complaint to the local office, and they are more willing to help!

Dial 215-665-1700 and ask for Lucile Fatil and they will transfer you to the Office of the President.

Don't waste your time anymore!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast does not keep promises

I have spoken to 4 different comcast employees, the first promise free HBO for a year and 30 dollars credit every month from service, the next day i called again and the second told me that she saw those notations didnt know why i had no service. The third person I spoke to told me that he does not know where there promotion came from, offer free hbo for 3 mth and a one time credit of 30 dollars. When the tech finally came to my house the following day to fix another problem, he told I had no codes for HBO on the line, called again, the customer service agent told me that he saw the order for HBO but could not add, not his department. The last one one I spoke to told me no such promotions, but he can add any other services. I have left the service as is, and will be shopping around for another provider.
Michael S

Don't waste your time anymore!

Miami, Florida
Comcast Tv Service

Service fee unless your buy comcast insurance.

I called comcast due to Internet issues . No service. They sent a Tech that installed a new router. After he left I had no service. I work from home so again i called and the next Tech wZ wonderful. He put in a New router and the tech said it was a bad box. It happens. My bill just arrived with a $30 service fee! I called comcast and was told that is standard but for 3.95 a month I could purchase insurance ! What ? This is your equipment ! I cNt wait for Vios ! They took off the fee ! *** unbelievable a
Me

The insurance is a small fee that keeps you from paying the $60 truck roll fee. It actually cost a little over $77 to roll a truck to your home for 15 minutes.

The router although it may belong to Comcast is a complementary item for the end user to set up and maintain. Comcast does not support wireless connections unless you have paid the wireless install fee. AT&T charges near twice that to replace or work on a standard phone jack.

There insurance "linbacker" is 4 times Comcast wire protection plan monthly fee. They gave you a free service call fixed your issue yet the complaint is still posted???

Spotsylvania, Virginia
Loss

Comcast has had 8 years to fix our Internet service and FAILED.

We have had nothing but problems with Comcast in Bartow County, Georgia. Over the last 8 years, our Internet and TV service has been horrible. Poor signal quality, old equipment, bad customer service on the phone. We have Business Class service. They told us when we signed for it that we would have 4 hour response time and generally have better service than normal home users. This is a lie. Our service went out last night (8 hours ago) and is still out. All they will promise is that someone will be at our office sometime today !! My wife does web site design and hosting and has been down all day!! This is not the first time. Last month they had us down most of 3 weeks while they were "working" on the lines in our area. We have had continuous problems with our TV and Internet signals for eight years, and nothing has improved. Ever. Comcast is full of incompetent people who have no business being in business. Our biggest problem is that there isn't anyone else to go with in our area.

We had similar issues with Comcast internet and cable tv. Every time you call you rarely get a competent or honest service representative.

There is one call center where our service seem to get directed that seem to find an excuse to say it's your problem and not their service. When all the computers in the house are not working, the modem lights are not blinking and tv picture is intermittent how is that a customer wiring or equipment problem.

Then they lie and said we should a different modem and they sent us a notice(which they did not). Funny how that our declared outdated modem started working again less than an hour later. They have nothing to offer but excuses and rationalizations for the poor service.

And that includes incompetent service representatives who didn't even know how to get into a computer directory.

They act like they know but they definitely do not know.

The field techs who come to your house tend to be much more competent than the bozos they have in their service centers. There are some issues there as well the service centers are all but useless and a show for Comcast to say they have them.

Atlanta, Georgia

Comcast - Did not refund money owed to customer

Comcast is great to military families.On base when you discontinue service, many families have complained they charge an extra month or two. In our case, they have yet to refund the $103.00 they owe us. Instead they continue to send us a statement each month of the "credit" we have with them. This has been going on for over a year. Their response... go to a Comcast office and get your refund. There isn't one here or even within a hundred miles.Maybe we who have complaints should band together and let America know of the poor business practices of this company. Write the BBB, your newspapers, e-mail, etc. Let people know not to do business with them.
Charlotte, North Carolina