Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast service is outrageous!

A construction crew, working behind our town home, cut the cable line, last Wednesday. We called Comcast to have it repaired, as we do not NOW have TV, internet, or phone service. We were informed that it would take over TWO WEEKS to get someone to our home. This is simply outrageous service. When asked about the bill, and adjusting the amount we will owe for this month, we were told that we would later, have to submit a request for a reduction! My husband and I are fairly new to the Atlanta area, and are accustomed to quick service with our cable companies! Are we held captive by the Comcast company in Atlanta? Surely they can afford to hire crews to service their customers! We're thinking DISH TV, or DIRECT TV might have much better and quicker response than COMCAST! No one that we spoke with by phone, could give us a superviser or CEO's number, so that we could discuss our problem or complaint about their service. Convenient, yes?

while it is not Comcast's fault that your service is out, they should be able to get someone to your home within 24 hours when you have ALL SERVICES OUT that includes home phone - the tech can come out and inspect the issue and attempt to fix it, possibly by placing a temporary line to restore your service...in rare situations, they may not be able to do that and would have to get their own "Construction" crew out to replace the line which takes up to 48 hours - should take no more than 3 days to restore it and 95% of the time it will be 24 hrs or less.

If you are told 2 weeks then that rep clearly has no business working for Comcast as they are a *** and you need to just call back. You can request to speak to a manager but ALWAYS make sure that you are speaking to someone in the US and someone that works FOR Comcast and not for a 3rd party outsourcer who really could not care less about you.

A real Comcast rep has the ability to properly address your issue. Good luck in the future.

rumplefiveskin

The process is 2 weeks because the 'construction crew' that cut the line is responsible and liable in this case. Personally I would take the issue up with the city/town that you live in and possibly seek compensation from the 'construction crew' that cut the line.

View more comments (1)

Comcast

Comcast is not a good provider at all when i first got my services they didn't give me what i asked for had to call multiple times to get it right now that i have moved and wanted to transfer services they gave me the run around spoke to eight reps and two managers who stated they were managers and werent so when i did find a supervisor it came down to they dont service the area all the reps told me different things smh i suggest DISH ppl comcast very unprofessional and liars. I will never deal with them again.

Comcast Lies and is not Comsumer Helpful

I have now talked to 8 comcast people today. I told that my new HDMI box will not get, nor show channels 37-76 but it shows every other channel up to 500 and something. They say because I do not have a certain type of service I cannot get these channels on my program guide. Funny but I don't get channel 524 but it shows up on my guide. No one is listening to me. Either something is wrong with the new HDMI cable box or something. The other regular digital converter cable box we had got channels up in the 70's but now nothing about 33? I will be persistent but this is wrong. Susan

what cable package do you subscribe to? Check online to see what channels are -supposed- to be included in the package that you are paying for.

I worked for Comcast for many years - it was extremely common for customers to be getting the wrong channels on some or all of their cable boxes - some customers would get too many, some would be missing a few channels - but you would have to base it on the current channel line-up for your area. Just because you can see channel 55 on 1 set doesn't mean you are SUPPOSED to get it...could easily be a glitch that Comcast is not aware of - they will FIX the glitch if you let them know though!

I signed up for triple play and was told if I did it online, within three days and paid, I would get $100 gift card and a flip recorder. Never got recorder and it took several calls and months to get gift card.

Basically called us liars. Had a two yr contract that increased to over $170 a month when assured it would stay at $127. Now that contract is up and my dvr and programming not working they are raising my bill again.

You,d think those adds saying us customers are guaranteed satisfaction would be true but simple BS and screw ya instead. I doubt I will use them again after this month.

View more comments (1)

My 2 overcharged bills for internet with Comcast

Account Number 8777 70 317 0234226 My bill with Comcast for internet service was the same for many years: 43.66. Suddenly on their October 4 bill Comcast charged me 72.00 for as they say "Self Install Kit" which I never needed or received and they started to charge me $7.00 for "modem lease fee". I never agreed to any lease fee and I have my modem for many years from the company which was before Comcast took over. I canceled my services with Comcast after that. They turned off my internet service on November 9. I don't give my business to corporations who STEAL money from their customers. And Comcast was STEALING from me via automating payments using my Discovery card. Services for Comcast September 3, 2012 and for many years before that were charged on my Discover card for $43.66 monthly. Services for Comcast October 4, 2012: Charged: $72.00 Overcharged: $72-$43.66=$28.45 Services for Comcast November 3, 2012: Charged: $55.65 I canceled my service on November 9 and they charged me for 6 days $55.65? My monthly bill is $43.66:30days=$1.455 per day and for 6 days it will be $8.73. So for November they needed to charge me $8.73. They owe me for November : 55.65-8.43=$46.92. Credit was given by Comcast $ $22.83 (which was never received). Comcast owes me for October 2012 $28.45 and for November 2012 $46.92 in total: $75.37
evestrin

Yes, I been talking to Comcast a lot and writing to them, but they would not refund my money...they only saying, that their prices went up

sounds like a data entry error...before this "charge" appeared, did you contact Comcast to make any changes to your service?

The account databases are pretty difficult to read and most of the reps barely know how to type so it could have been a mistake where they clicked the wrong thing and you got a charge. It happens...I used to work for Comcast...they aren't trying to scam you -- you just got a rep that wasn't too bright.

I did complain to to my state board of Public utilities, but they wrote to me "The Public Utility Commission has no authority over complaints against Internet Service Providers, Wireless Phones, and Cable/Dish TV Services".

We, 99% have no place to go. Corporations take as much our hard earned money as they desire. :cry

Complain thru your state board of public utilities. I did and got a $100 credit which was way over the amount they owed me.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Comcast call centers the worst on earth!

My On Demand wasn't working for several weeks (not the first time). I didn't want to call for tech support because it's always a bleak experience. So, I followed the on screen instructions to unplug the cable box for a minute, then plug back in. I now had no picture at all. I had to call for help. I was told that the wait time would be over 10 minutes. It was 20. I got someone at their call center in Mexico. We went through the verification process. The account is password protected in lieu of last 4 of the social security number. The rep INSISTED that I had to give her that number. I explained that I had a password and that was sufficient (it is). I've called many times and that's accepted. I asked her to transfer me to someone else if she would not assist me. She flat out refused. I asked for a supervisor. She flat out refused. We went around and around for over 10 minutes. I'm angry as could be by now. She won't transfer me. She won't help me. She finally hung up on me. I had no choice but to call again and wait on hold for another 20 minutes. The next person accepted the password, but was unable to figure out what the problem was. He kept asking me to repeat the problem and putting me on hold. This time, out of frustration I hung up. I was eventually able to figure out how to get the picture back. I don't know if the On Demand issue has been resolved. I'm too frustrated to deal with it right now. God in heaven, their call centers are the worst!

Oh God I Hate Manila!

they have call centers in Manila, Philippines - they are horrible and have no clue what they are doing, most of them have probably never touched the equipment they are troubleshooting. I worked for Comcast for many years - we never outsourced to foreign countries other than Canada for the longest time, about 2 years ago they got rid of the Canadian reps (who were equally terrible but could speak English) and started using Transcomm in Manila.

They are not supposed to ask for the password or SSN unless you are making changes to the account or scheduling a tech - if they ask for it up front just to troubleshoot an issue or ask a question, decline to provide it.

Had a very bad experience with Comcast Cable TV--- Call Center in some other country that does not speak English. Took me 4 different agents and the issue is still not resolved.

They did not understand me nor I them. What is wrong with this country?

I will leave Comcast if this cannot be resolved. Very Sad.

They did not understand me nor I them. What is wrong with this country?

I will leave Comcast if this cannot be resolved. Very Sad.

View more comments (3)

Comcast SUCKS!!!

When I initially tried set up Comcast for my new home it took me calling 3 times to get it set up, hung up on twice....*** me should have been my sign. I am now in my new place, they shipped me 3 cable boxes for my 3 t.v.'s and now 4 hours later they still are not working. I tried the online activation, then the automated activation and then talked to the customer services.... 6 service people later and hung up on twice I still do not have my cable working or a date for a service tech to come to my home. I am done!!!!

My goodness I sooooooooo now how your feeling! Just got this *** *** service 4 days ago and nothing but frustrastion!

Im seending their *** back smashed into peices! yes this is how I feel lol!

Then when you call customer service it justed *** you off more because you can totally tell they are reading off that peice of paper and if one more freakin person tells me to uplug my cable box and wait 30 secs to plug back in or im going to send a refresh signal to your box im going to snap! RANT DONE!

Tags
  • new place

Comcast online deal not honored

I called Comcast today and spoke with a customer service rep about an offer for current customers for $79.95 trying to lower my bill as it is the HIGEST utility bill that I have bar none. The rep was unhelpful to say the least and refused to honor the online offer telling me that I was mistaken about the offer. I informed her that the offer clearly stated it is for current customer only. I finally became so frusterated that I told her DirectTV also has TV & internet for less and I will be calling them today to return to DirectTV as a customer. I have had nothing but issues with Comcast since my install in March, cancelled appointments without so much as a curtesy call to say they aren't coming, billed improperly for service that had not even been installed in my home, credit not applied for no show techs & so on. DirectTV here I come!!!
Loss

Comcast billing me for account closed for over two years!

In mid 2010 I moved from an apartment complex with an exclusive with comcast to one with an exclusive with U-Verse. I returned all of the equipment and paid my remaining balance on the account in person at the Foster City, CA Comcast office after cancelling with a phone rep and confirming that the account was in fact cancelled with the rep at the office. A few months back, I started receiving phone calls from an extremely rude and pushy bill collector over an unpaid balance of around $54.... the exact amount I paid when I turned in the equipment. I checked my credit, and sure enough Comcast has put it on my credit report! I have called Comcast numerous times and every time I was told that they were unable to do anything about it, it had already gone to collections. I was never sent an additional bill, I was never given a chance to dispute the charge. Almost two years after the fact, I am being relentlessly pursued by never ending phone calls. The collection agency purchased the erroneous debt from Comcast and will not remove the credit hit unless Comcast tells them differently. I have tried disputing the charge via equifax, etc but so far to no avail.
Loss

Comcast in Mifflinville, Pennsylvania - Started new billable features on my account

Comcast sucks - they started new billable options on my account without my knowledge and then argued with me for 1.5 hours on the phone when I called and asked them how the new features got on my account - arrogant dishonest ignorant Comcast really Comcast really sucks Comcast really sucks Comcast really sucks Comcast really sucks Comcast sucks - they started new billable options on my account without my knowledge and then argued with me for 1.5 hours on the phone when I called and asked them how the new features got on my account - arrogant dishonest ignorant Comcast really suchsk Comcast really sucks Comcast really sucks Comcast really sucks Comcast really sucks

Comcast = Nice at first

Well what started out as a good thing end up on a bad note. I was paying my bills on time for months then had some things come up, especially with my old roommate. I fell behind by like a month, which was odd later on when I figured out I was paying two months ahead (check the dates when they send you a notice). At the end of my lease, I was moving out, I even went over to comcast early in the month just to get it all taken care of. I went there, they said I still had one more bill, about a month later I had a bill in the mail. It was 1/3 of the normal monthly fee because I turned in my modem and cable box early. I tried to talk to customer service at the center and then on the phone (outsourced). The same result, i owe them money. As of now I have not paid them but they have sent it to a collection agency who calls twice everyday, yes even weekends. So now even my credit has dropped quite a bit. The bottom line, they will rip you off one way or another. Avoid them!
Tags