Show reviews that mention
service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem people account
Filter review

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I SPOKE WITH A CSR FROM COMCAST IN EARLY NOVEMBER TO CANCEL MY SERVICES ON DEC 02, 2011. THEY ADVISED MY CONTRACT RAN UNTIL DECEMBER 08, 2011 AND I WOULD INCUR AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE. I AGREED TO CANCEL THEIR SERVICES ON DECEMBER 08, 2011 BUT NEEDED THEM TO PICK UP THEIR EQUIPMENT ON DECEMBER 02,2011 BECAUSE I WAS MOVING OUT OF MY APARTMENT ON THAT DATE. I AGREED TO PAY FOR THE SERVICES UNTIL DECEMBER08, 2011. THE CSR ADVISED THIS WOULD GET ME OUT OF PAYING AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE. ALL EQUIPMENT WAS RETURNED ON DECEMBER 02, 2011 AND PAID MY FINAL BILL AS USUAL, WHICH COVERED UNTIL THE 8TH. ON DECEMBER 19, 2011 I RECIEVED ANOTHER FINAL BILL STATING I OWED $52.50 FOR AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE. I INSTANTLY CALLED COMCAST AND HAVE BEEN ON HOLD FOR OVER 60 MINS WITHOUT SPEAKING TO A PERSON WHO CAN HELP ME. THE FIRST PERSON (DEBBIE)WHO ANSWERED (AFTER 30 MINS OF BEING ON HOLD) STATED SHE COULDNT HELP ME AND WOULD TRANSFER ME TO SOMEONE WHO COULD HELP RIGHT AWAY. ANOTHER 30 MINS HAVE PASSED AND I AM STILL ON HOLD. THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICES I HAVE EVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF DEALING WITH.

Plain and simple, Customers need to form a class action against Comcast(now Xfinity)for,

D- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

E- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

*** Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

G- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

H- False advertising.

There you have it folks, 8 good and valid reasons for a class action against Comcast.

The problem is for some reason people are afraid of forming a class action against this company...

Columbia, Tennessee

Comcast does not offer service that it advertises

I went thru five cable boxes for one tv and still did not get any cable. In the time period, about two weeks with one week on vacation, I received my bill. I considered writing a check for it that may or may not have worked, much like their cable boxes. After numerous times speaking to 'technicians' both local and elsewhere, I finally had to give up. I got promises of making it work and call backs, and they are full of ***. There were a couple customer service reps who tried to help, to no avail. I worked that 30 day back guarantee and cancelled the non-service. Even after explaining that I was done and wanted to deactivate what had not been activated, they still tried to convince me they had not tried everything. They told me they understood, and still tried to convince me to not cancel. I think that was on page 16 of their manual. Needless to say, I think I can find someone else who wants my money...honestly.

Phoenix, Arizona
Loss

Canceled my online statement

Update by user Jan 17, 2012

I had to keep calling because I could not get access to my account online and I could not get Comcast to mail me a paper statement, after talking to 6 people, 2 who said they were supervisors. When I received my next bill notification online and still could not login, I got on the \"chat\" communication on the Comcast site.

Told the rep I needed a line to speak to someone in a supervisory position because the reps can not help me and always end up having to open a \"ticket\". I told him if he could he should read my ticket file and then he will understand why I it is useless to speak to a rep. He asked me to hold, asked me questions (through the chat) and said he understood (after reading my tickets) and told me he will help and not open any more tickets or transfer me. After 45 minutes, Marlon J got me online under my original ID.

I had been told that I would \"never be able to use my original access ID again, that is just the way it is.\" I was also told I had to wait until my (non existent)Comcast Internet account cycled off the system before I would be able to have access again to view my monthly billing. They each said they would turn my mail statement back on so I could get my bill but none of the 10 reps ever did that either. After everything I was told about what I would never be able to do again with Comcast, by supervisors, Marlon J got me back online.

Since he is the only person there that seems to know what he is doing, he deserves to have his name mentioned. So after all else fails, Marlon J is the only one at Comcast that will be able to help you!

Original review posted by user Dec 17, 2011
I went on to pay my bill since I am a paperless statement customer and found I could not access my account. Called and was told because I am not an online customer, my access was canceled. All my problems started when I called to switch my HBO to another channel. Since then, they have taken me to the minimum channel selection, been double charged for services, been told my account has been switched to another channel selection (that never happened), received a box that I never opened (because I did not know what it was) and when I called was told I was an internet customer and the box is my equipment (am not an internet customer and never ordered), been charged for installation of the internet service that I never ordered, been promised free HBO for 6 months because of all the problems (that never happened) and now have had my online bill canceled because I am not an internet customer!

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

Santa Cruz, California

Comcast treat you like ***

I lived in many states using many services from companies like Brighthouse and Charter and had always excellent customer service with them. But with Comcast would be my worst nightmare and support. I moved in December 2010 from Florida to Tennessee into an apartment complex. The management gave me a letter with a phone number and name on it. He would be the representative from Comcast for this area, they said. So I called him and he gave me a package price for internet, base TV and home phone of $67 per month included taxes and fees. What he didn't say was that this was a so called promotion, good for 12 month and what the price will be after that. So after 12 month I received a bill for $119 for the package. I was surprised and thought it would be just a mistake. So I called the hotline and a guy told me finally it was just a promotion to get customers. Shocked about that I told him I want to cancel the package and I don't want to be a lied to Comcast customer anymore. So he connected me, what I understood, to the solution department. A woman picked up and asked me for my permission to ask me a few questions first. I have to say that they state a few times that the conversation would be recorded. So she asked me the reason for canceling. I told her about the almost 100% increase which I wasn't satisfy with. She asked me if I would consider not to cancel if she would be able to give me a better price. I said yes. So after about 15 minutes of chit chatting with her she told me that she could bring me down to $61 plus taxes and fees and that this would be good for another 12 month again because it is a promotion again. And I have to call in 12 month again and ask if they have a promotion again. Ridiculous! Mention that this price was only for home phone and internet, since I do not have a TV for over a decade now. She also said that the new price would be shown in two to three days on my online account. After about three weeks I checked my Comcast online billing account and to my surprise nothing was changed. Still the $119 showed up. So I called the hotline again. Talked to a guy again. He said he can see when I called the last time, but cannot see any changes or notes in the system or even the recordings on my last call. Really mad about this customer handling and parody I told him to cancel everything immediately. He connected me again to the solution department! A guy talked to me asking me the same question about my permission to ask questions about my reason why I would like to cancel and if he would give me a good price if I would change my mind. He made me then an offer of $159 per month!!!! Remember, luring with $67, trying to keep you as a *** customer with not changing price of $61, trying to get still the $119 and finally to punish customer for calling to much with an excessively price of $159. He told me then that his supervisor is calling me the next day to discuss this and to find a solution. Never received a phone call! What company does this?? How can they still have customers?? They lure people with low prices, not telling that it is good only for 12 month, then they increase it almost %100 and when you talk to them they raise it even up another 25%. My recommendation is: Get another provider, because any other company is better than them. For me I got three very good friends who are attorneys and I already told one of them about that. He is taking care of this now. Let's see what they have to say about that and I also submitted this to the Better Business Bureau and filed a complaint with the FCC Consumer Complaint. Good luck to you all with Comcast.
ID
#282071 Review #282071 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Nashville, Tennessee

Comcast Cable: worst customer service I've ever seen

Totally out to lunch CS. Left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. Very,very bad. ! meg internet, billed for 12 meg internet. Stood up on 2 appts, clueless account people, no recourse. Unable to speak to a supervisor. I don't think there are any. If there was ANY other reasonable way to get internet, I would switch in a heartbeat. This is an excellent argument against granting monopolies to a company. They don't give a flying foop. After being told you can't buy your own modem, and have to rent one from them, a tech told me that wasn't true, and that the co. just says that because they make a boatload of money from rentals, and don't want you to own any equipment. They have such poor management that it seems there isn't any. EEEEEK!
Boca Raton, Florida
Comcast Internet Service

Don't do what they tell!!!

Comcast is so annoying!! At first, they tell you the wrong balance we need to pay...then, the next month, they charge you a late fee. Their offer is always a trap. I should have just stuck with QWEST. QWEST is good at sticking with their promises unlike Comcast...Now, I cannot even switch it to QWEST because there is an additional charges that I can't afford. Guys! Do not get into the trap that comcast creates....It is tiring and too annoying. Stick with QWEST if you currently have qwest and thinking about switching to comcast. I have called COMCAST enough to solve the problems, but this time, I am tired of calling them. Thanks

Can someone please tell me why Comcast does not have a solid price list for the services offered? All I see are "promotionals" without telling the current customers what options we have.

I have been a customer for 8 years and am unable to cut some services without maintaining the ones I want. Seems like a monopoly on how they "channel" things.

FCC - any answers? Sounds like an unfair monopoly practice duping customers.

H- False advertising.

if you thinks it's bad being a customer it's worse being an employee. A fat sup named Kim Edwards in the Lynnwood,WA call center sent email asking to work off the clock without pay.

we are winning a class action lawsuit. call the retention department and ask for discounts.

View more comments (2)
Salt Lake City, Utah

Comcast really sucks

i ordered the comcast internet and tv service and the technical specialist came and said my house can't have two internet port because of some technical reasons. If i insist on installing two internet ports, they would charge me $200 more. My house is equipped with these ports before I believe the previous owner was able to get these two connection ports. i ordered the comcast internet and tv service and the technical specialist came and said my house can't have two internet port because of some technical reasons. If i insist on installing two internet ports, they would charge me $200 more. My house is equipped with these ports before I believe the previous owner was able to get these two connection ports.
#392003

It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste. LOL ROFL LMAO

:grin 8) :p

You more than likely misunderstood the tech. You would be charged more for aditional equipment and you more than likely don't need a second modem.

Just because their is room for it, doesn't mean you need it.

Get a router if you need mulitple computers hooked up. This is a user education issue and not a Comcast issue

View more comments (1)
Lynn, Massachusetts

Comcast

When I started using Comcast, they provided me with a new email account at comcast.net, and sent all of my bills to that address that I didn't even know how to access. There wasn't even an option to send my bills to the email that I actually check. Of course I never checked this email, thus I never knew when i needed to pay a bill and therefore got stuck with late fees. I will be cancelling my service, since I would rather have no internet at all than *** internet and bad service. Thanks for being terribly inconvenient, Comcast.

Be careful you monitor what they are doing when you cancel your account. My husband and I switched to Qwest about 6 months ago.

We called and spoke to a rep on the phone at comcast and told them we were canceling and we would be paying the early termination fee. Then two months later we got a bill for two months, and we paid it. We were thinking maybe it was the final bill after the termination. Then 3 months after that we got another bill for three months.

Again we called them, and we were told that we were required to turn in the router. Even though when we cancelled we were not advised of this. We were told on that call that once they get the router back that they would remove the three months of billing and we would be done. I took the router to their office personally.

Then four months after that my husband received a call from a collections agency adviseing that comacst had turned us over to them for 7 months worth of billing. Then to make matters even better the very next week a salesman from their sales department called to say that since we were current customers that they had other offers for us to save money. At that point I came unglued on this person. Not only did they report us to the credit agency for something that we were not even using, but our credit card companies decreased our credit limits on all our cards, and almost doubled our interest rates on the cards.

All we got from comcast when we called about this was "We are sorry for the inconveince". SORRY!!!! Your mistake is going to cost us thousands!!!!

I will be calling the attorney general regarding this comapnay. Do not ever deal with these people at all!!!!

Isn't that ever te truth. Comcast does not create the email, the customer does.

When will they start taking responsibility for their actions and stop blaming Comcast and reps. Grow up and stop sucking your thumbs and get your head out of the sand.

Ginsburg v. Comcast Corporation et al, case number 2:11-cv-01959 western washington district court and king county (WA) superior court case #11-2-34714-1

If you search king county (WA) superior court records Comcast is being sued for not paying unemployment taxes they owe to employment security department

Send me a work order of what services you want. I can find you several offers from different companies.

I will tell you all the hidden charges and fees. My services are FREE. I assitst many business customers manage their telecom expenses. INclude service address of course.

I have provided 100% of my clients cheaper rates and direct personal account management 1-877-986-4783. or email billreview@uniquecom.biz

Just another *** unable to take responsibility for their actions. So you "couldn't" access the email and what?

You thought that meant you didn't have to pay your bill? Grow up!!!

Nice try but Comcast doesn't create the email address for you. YOU create the email address yourself.

So YOU created the email address and just never checked it. YOUR mistake NOT Comcast.

View more comments (5)
Oxford, Georgia
Comcast Internet Service

AVOID Comcast even if it appears cheaper

I was REQUIRED to use Comcast when I moved to my apartment in December 2009 because the complex had a special deal with them. Not only did they overcharge me the first 3 times I called because they clearly did not understand what I was explaining about how I already pay my apartment complex for basic cable and just needed to add DVR, etc., there were continuous problems thereafter. Over the course of the year, I called Comcast at least once every 3 months with problems with service problems and billing discrepencies; they also twice refused to let us pay for On Demand movies unless we upgraded to the next package (they wanted us to pay an extra $20/month to pay $5/movie...). One year later, my complex canceled their contract with Comcast and so we shopped around. Comcast SAID they would charge a certain amount (we were VERY clear in asking to total amount that would be on the bill each month), which ended up being the same or slightly cheaper than other companies, so when considering installation fees to switch we decided to stay with Comcast. The very first bill that came was TWICE was they said they would charge. We called to fix this and they "apologized for the other agent giving incorrect information" but they could not honor the price previously mentioned. They gave a new, higher price, and we made sure that this was the total amount that would continue to appear on our bill each month. From then on it was the same pattern: the bill would raise once or twice every three months, we would call, the agent apologizes for the previous agent and cannot honor the price they gave us. After this happened the first 2-3 times we caught on that agents were giving us specials (without telling us that it was a special or the stipulations) and so in follow up calls we would make sure to ask if they were specials and the agents would assure us they were not, but nevertheless the price would raise. Once, an agent did tell us about a special but said it was for an entire year and GUARANTEED that the certain amount would be the correct total on the bill through March 2012, yet 6 months later it went up -- I called and an agent said that we were still on the special, but that original price was for the "first tier" and now we're on the "second tier," which is apparently still a "discount/special" and less than the normal price, which will go up another $60 or so come March 2012. Comcast agents and supervisors also refused to put anything in writing for us to better understand our package and hold them accountable if their statements were inaccurate (short of recording our phone conversation, it would always be our word against theirs). Comcast also switched to Xfinity in the middle of our service with them, which jacked up our bill, and when we called they said it was "a new FREE service included for everyone now" -- if by free they mean they charge everyone more and you no longer have the option to NOT have Xfinity for the cheaper cost. The only reason we have not switched is because for the last year we have been on a month-to-month lease with our apartment and putting offers on homes. We are definitely planning on using ANYONE but Comcast when we move out, but since every few weeks we put an offer on a house that would require us to move in 30 days, we thought bothering to compare providers again and set up/pay for a new installation would be inconvenient. At this point, if we find a company that would do free installation, we would switch immediately, even if we end up paying a little more, just to avoid the headache and clearly dishonest, uncaring agents at Comcast. I have worked in sales for many years and rarely come across such blatant false advertising, intentional omission of information, and inaccurate quotes. As a side note, from working in sales I know that reviews tend to lend themselves to the extremes (people who rave about it and people who complain, but fewer people in the middle) and that many people who write reviews are often the problems of the experiences themselves because they don't understand, are too old/young to know the way things work, are uneducated, or just plain rude and like to complain about everything. I would like to negate that by saying I am 26, female, married with a dog but no kids yet, have a degree from one of the country's best private schools, and have a full-time job that pays well. I have never once written a complaint online, but my experience with Comcast has been so time-consuming, frustrating, and insulting that a company that large still needs to take advantage of their customers to help their bottom line and bank on the majority of them not making a formal complaint or bothering to write on a public forum. I have spoken to all of my friends and family and posted on social media my experience and have had many people say they had similar bad experiences with Comcast and literally NOT ONE PERSON who could say they didn't have any complaints with their Comcast service. It seems that an overwhelming majority have a negative opinion of this company but are too busy or apathetic about writing about it, which I have also been until this point. AVOID Comcast at ALL costs, even if that "cost" appears cheaper.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Your slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

View more comments (3)
Annapolis, Maryland

Comcast sucks

Comcast gave no notification they were changing stations to me, although the CS rep said they did. Then they promised I would have the box required in 3-5 days. The good news was the boxes were "free." They did not even ship it for 4 days so now it has been over a week and I have movie night at my house, nothing has been recorded and we can't even watch what we want "live". CS rep was rude, and did understand what I was saying. Supervisor, same thing, I should have known when I not longer got a channel. I record and often it is several weeks before I watch something. I am looking into dish - anyone have any suggestions.

so true

The did not send any emails. I keep my emails for 2 years, which I search and there was nothing.

jcmins

I currently have Dish TV. If you are not willing to pay for the premium channels, don't switch to Dish TV. Even the Hallmark channel is an additional premium.

I call this story bogus. Comcast mails out a letter letting you know the channels are changing and what the new channels lineup will be.

View more comments (4)
Richmond, Virginia

Comcast Billing Tactics

Comcast sends you a bill stating that if payment is not received on such date service will be interrupted. I fully understand that, but you receive the bill on the same day!!!! The representative from Comcast "Shandra" advises me I am 42 days late. I ask her why has no one contacted me earlier. The call went silent. I asked for a manager no one is available. How convenient that at 9:30am est there are no managers on the floor. This is not the first time it has happened they strong arm you into paying that same night and charge you a fee for using their online payment service. The moment I went 20 days late why did they not send the past due notice then?
Indianapolis, Indiana

Comcast is undirected and inconsistent

I have never had a bad taste in my mouth until this week with Comcast. I had internet connectivity problems and after 5 hours on the telephone trying to resolve the issue, I got no where. The "specialists" didnt even know what they were saying. The 15 people I have talked to in the process are all inconsistent, telling me something different than the one before. After telling one of the people they were speaking chinese to me, he quickley diverted to the simliarities of cooking. Learning computers is like learning to cook. My ***. Comcast is a big disgrace.

I know that

He was trying to use an analogy you ***.

View more comments (4)
Denver, Colorado

Comcast sucks

Comcast in toms river nj possibly has the worst service on the planet. After having my phone cableband internet not working properly for two and a half years, and after losing twenty days of work waiting for repairmen to come, they finally admitted to an area wide wiring infrastructure problem in this area of nj. They told me it will take them at least two more years to correct. They have secretly offered only the customers that are aware of this wiring problem a twenty five dollar per month credit. Shame on them how about the three thousand dollars I lost by taking twenty days off of work?
Livingston, New Jersey
Loss

Comcast

I am very pissed about comcast service. I order a phone line with them online with the price 29.99/month. I have order number and call them, they have transferred me to so many peoples and the last one, a lady told me she need to boot her system and I can call back or wait for her, I chose to wait for her almost 20 mins but no one come back. I am very dissapointed with the comcast customer service. We stuck with them 4 days already, to me. I trhing I should go with AT&T service maybe better...

If we are going to write things, can we please use spellcheck if you cannot spell and use the past tense of words correctly please so we understand you. That is probably the problem, lack of communication and english understanding. You probably speak this way too.

It appears that Comcast is more interested in selling programming and service packages ( bundled services ) than they are in maintaining their systems or dealing with customer discrepencies.

I had Comcast phone service for a few weeks then dumped it quick and went back to the traditional phone company that I had for years and years ( the real phone company ). Too many missed calls, varying voice communication quality, it even faded out when talking to Comcast customer service.

it's worse being an employee. A fat sup named Kim Edwards at the Lynnwood WA call center sent email telling to work off the clock without pay.

Our law firm has won many off the clock work class action lawsuits against Comcast in past and present and WE WILL WIN TOO!!!!! If you want discounts call and ask for the retention department.

i have an issue with comcast myself. it appears that they have idiots working for them in a number of different positions.

from installation to activation, they have proved themselves to be Incompetent :zzz . i have comcast at my buisness and could not beat the price for the features.

i believe that they have over sold their capabilities and are suffering the benefits for the short time. i am waiting for a comcast rep to call me back about the problems with my anyroom DVR installation that took place today in my absence

Gee, to post on this site one has to know proper grammer?? :) oops

Are we supposed to understand this jibberish cr@p. Learn some proper grammar. We don't speak stup1d.

View more comments (7)
Mount Laurel, New Jersey

Comcast sent me to collections for nothing...twice

They sent me to collections last year for $354.44. It had not yet gone on my credit and I quickly realized it was because I had cancelled my account and hadn't yet returned equipment. (Mind you this was a matter of days). I spoke to Comcast & the Collections agency and they both claimed my account was clear. My comcast account was officially closed in June 2010. I have since moved to another address and have a whole new account with Comcast (like an ***). Just received a phone call that they sent my account over AGAIN 8/8/11!!! For the same amount! Comcast is saying I have a $0 balance on all of my accounts. But they wouldn't call collections. So I called collections and patched in Comcast on a 3-way. Comcast told them I have a $0 account and the collections agency is still claiming this balance! Now it's on my credit.

Comcast customer service was so bad that I made a commitment to never consider Comcast for the remainder of my lifetime. If I am an influential grandfather someday, I will make an effort to make sure my kids and grand kids NEVER use Comcast again.

Poor phone conversations, poor response time, absolutely no respect for the customer and after proving to them that I closed my account, they still choose to bill me. Comcast and its representative are dirty dogs that deserve unemployment.

They did about the same to me. I had to move due to work, told this to the rep when I signed up and he told me not to worry since it was due to work.

Thought better of it but agreed. 9 months later, cancelled my cable and they told me there was a fee. I argued no based on what the guy said. Girl told me it would be waived.

3 months went by and I get a bill from a collections agency. Had my mail forwarded at the post office but never once got a notice. Called and got run around on both sides. Finally got to speak with a customer service manager who told me he did see that it was supposed to be waived.

Said he would see to it that it was taken care of. Still there 5 days later. Two more hours on phone with run around. Now they are hanging up on me when my hold time times out.

I plan to buy a home in the next 6 months. How is this stain on my credit going help me get a low interest rate?

View more comments (1)