Show reviews that mention
service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem people account
Filter review

Demanding Comcast agent @ my door at night

We just had a very demanding Comcast agent knock at our door to tell us something about their plans to perform work on the lines outside our home in Troy, Mi. After a quick Thanks ( thru the window, we don't open doors to anybody), but we don't subscribe to Comcast, I said goodbye and turned off the porch light. This *** banged n my door, rang the numerous times and demanded to speak to me. I told him to stay off our property and not change anything. He recanted that he was part of a Public Utility and they will perform any work they see fit. What a bunch of losers.!

Sterling Heights, Michigan

COMCAST SCREWS US AGAIN

So of course: why would I want to watch the last four minutes of the Giants-49'ers game when I can watch a series of game interruptions with COMCAST/XFINITY commercials? I've had it with their lousy service and ridiculous pricing structure. Every time we call customer service we get someone whom we can barely understand who only wants to send us a technician so we can waste another half day while some incompetent pokes around at our wiring and talks on his cell phone. One time a COMCAST tech spent three hours at our place, then just left and never returned, with the problem unresolved.

Comcast has NO idea what they are doing. Upper mgmt is a joke and the CEO needs to read his own code of conduct book.

Stay away from this festering mess they call a company.

David L

Always request a COMCAST technician not a contractor..the service you get sucks a lot less. And please let me know if anyone can actually read and understand a Comcast bill?

8) :grin :p

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste

Agreed. Horrible. Almost broke my TV.

View more comments (7)
Annapolis, Maryland

Comcast Imbeciles

S.F. Giants game. Lost HD rep told us that they could send out a service tech for a fee.. Phoned back got a different rep who sent a signal and within 10 mins. we had the HD back..why don't you train your personal in your product and how it works. We pay an incredible amount of money for this service. No wonder why everybody is pissed off at Comcast..This is why customers are dis-satisfied with the service and are looking for better options Managment are you listening?? What does it take to get decent service in the U.S that we pay so much for.

8) :grin :p

Saw the 4 Xfinity commercials during the Giants/49ers game, NOT DURING COMMERCIAL breaks... I think I'm returning my boxes in the morning.

they need to stop showing *** commercials DURING THE GAME.....WE WANT TO SEE THE GAME NOT BUY XFINITY SERVICE

Steve

You use Comcast. That is your first problem.

View more comments (4)
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Comcast Tv Service

Comast - the most *unreliable* Internet

Comcast Internet is *EXTREMELY* unreliable. I have been on Internet plus limited basic from them at 30 Mbps. The reason I do this is because I stream most of my tv entertainment. This will be th future of tv - that is why Comcast bought NBC is so they could leverage owning content instead of of cable lines when people don't subscrible to cable anymore. Funny thing is, they would have been smarter to spend the money investing in a more reliable internet. It is AWFUL. I constantly have to reset my modem and router. Constantly. I NEVER had to do this with my uverse Internet connection. Or a dsl connection. Awful. They love to make it seem like it is your issue-except I never had these problems with AT&T. As it stand right now, when my year with Comcast ends in March, I will spend twice as much with AT&T for a slower speed - AND I own my modem - so I would rather trash a modem I bought than use an INFERRIOR Internet service. Pathetic. Get it together Comcast!!! Trust me - most of your customers hate you - they just don't take the time to complain.

why is this comcast service even in buisness

comcast is so unreliable,,,did they get a government hand out?,,,. well i sure did not

and this comcast sucks at it`s best.

Give me more choices you *** government

So... traded out my OLD Comcast provided modem for a NEW Comcast provided modem.

I did this because I was having to reset the modem at LEAST once a day after Internet service kept going out. NOW I reset it an average of TWICE a day... except for today when I had to reset it 10... yes TEN times!

Seriously guys? I should get 6 months service FREE for the inconvenience. And the only other option would be Satellite... which clearly isn't an option!

Don't like being forced to have to use service that sucks! AND have to pay for it!

View more comments (3)
Alpharetta, Georgia

COMCAST RIP OFFS

We just changed our plan to save us money because things were going up so bad. WE were quoted a price on the phone that was acceptable and so we did it. We pay the new amount for a month, and this month, 1 month later COMCAST the rip off company is trying to charge us 11.17 more. Right off the bat. They are trying to RIP US OFF!!! They think they are the best company out there and so they are back to cheating their customers as quick as possible. WE were told that we would have the lower price for a year, and 1 month later they are attempting to rip us off .... CHEATS!!!!!!!!!

Comcast charges really are getting me miserable. I pay more for 1 month of cable service tht I do for gas & electric combined!

How can they expect people not to look into a dish option when they are overpriced and have poor customer service!!

They offer "introductory" new customer specials then after 6 months they RAPE your checkbook! Way to go CONCAST!

If you're getting the bot malware notification just know that it may not be on your computer! I just got off the phone with a security assistance tech (no charge) and it turns out the malware changed the DNS settings on my wireless router over a year ago when I was in Germany and my desktop was subsequently replaced - there was no malware to find but our computers were still being directed to rogue servers. If you can't find it on your computer check your router DNS settings.

*** xfinity pop up alert that you have am aleron bot malware in your computer. It is a lie and a fraudulent lead in to get you to purchases their signature tech support.

do your own work with your own security software - then twhen you find out there is nothing wrong, trying to contact them to stop doing the pop ups is impossible.

View more comments (4)
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Comcast lies and misleads

Inside BestBuy, Comcast rep offered Infinity triple play for 99$mo, saying to call in a year and prevent price increase to $119 (saying it was against BestBuy policy to offer promotionals which later go up). After installation difficulty, technician offered Showtime and HBO "free for my trouble". After a year, Comcast jacked me up to $179 (instead of $119, telling me I was lied to by the salesman, and they had no cheaper offer for near equivalent service.) Comcast customer service told me to contact salesman but could not give me correct contact information. Beware of Comcast deceptive salespeople and technicians!

Rcently offered triple play. Seemed like a good deal.

Specifically asked three times what installation fees were because spread over 12 months that might mean no money saving. Was told there were none. Techs came out. Told me needed new outlet for $29 and okayed that.

Then got bill and found $70 additional in installation fees. Called Comcast and was told I okayed when i didn't review the pink slip the techs left. That's true but that's not a good way to do business Comcast. Min my mind you just went from a company that finally had its customer device issues and tech issues in Houston resolved to a lying, deceitful company.

But hey, it's only $70 right?

Well you will be getting $70 times 100 worth of bad customer to potential customer pr from me. Hope it was worth it to you.

View more comments (2)
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Comcast Installation

Comcast Cable Internet Service Sucks

I have had comcast high speed cable internet service for a few years due to lack of another comparable service in my area. I REQUIRE this high speed internet due to running a home server as well as running a small business and other misc jobs that my wife and I have. My internet has always had problems, and no matter how many (well over 30) visits by a technician, they are unable to help, fix, or determine what the problem is. They claim I am the only one with issues. I have spent over $300 on new equipment over the last 6 months alone just in attempt to resolve my service issues. Nobody in the company seems to be able to give me even the slightest idea of what the problem is other than (maybe your equipment is bad). Well the chances of 4 different brand and/or models of modems going bad is pretty much worse odds than winning the lottery. I would give anything to have another internet provider. I need a minimum of 8MBS download speed to keep everything running smoothly. The main issue I have been having with my service is that it will go out for a few seconds every 5minutes or less about 12-14hrs a day. Needless to say you cannot run a server, let alone check email with the internet spurts of 30seconds or less that rule my life.

I actually did that for a few months, but then they just started raising their prices and It still did not fix the issue, However, after I switched back to residential service (cheaper), they sent out at least 5 different technicians to investigate the issue. The last guy finally noticed that there was a bad connection in their box outside my house. Now tell my why it took so many technicians, and over 1 year to get the problem fixed???

I continually have to call them about my service being interrupted! I don't see how they say you are the only one having issues. LOL

I have bought 3 different routers because they always blame my router.. ok maybe one but all freaking 3 of them?? I highly doubt it!!

If they don't get on the ball with my service soon and stop the random outages... I'm dropping them like I already dropped their *** ... high priced cable service!!

8) :grin :p

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards (MOMO) sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

#412055

Why not sign up for Comcast Business for your home?

View more comments (5)
Knoxville, Tennessee

Could not view the last 2 games of World Series

My picture was so badly pixilated I had to turn it off. I called Comcast. They said that there were no problems in my area. I kept calling, 3-4 more times that night. I woke the next day to see headlines, "best World series game ever". I went nuts. I called comcast 3 more times that day. That night it was the same thing. I sent 2 emails to complain. To date they haven't admitted there was a problem, they in fact deny that there was one, and said I only called once. Never believe anything until it's been officialy denied. The strange thing is, as soon as the series was over, no problems. Things like that don't fix themselves. I've not yet gotten any response from Comcast, at all. I'm still pissed and I want an answer. Pissed Off Baseball Fan

Hatfield, Pennsylvania

COMCAST SUCKS!

I have been attempting to resolve a matter that arose in early November 2011. Stemming from an account I HAD with comcast and an DRUG ADDICTED EMPLOYEE who COMPLETELY SCREWED WITH MY ACCOUNT!!! NOW I'M IN COLLECTIONS! HOW HAPPY AM I YOU ASK?!?!? After SEVERAL phone calls to comcast, I was finally given a "Ticket Number" and told by CSR "Corporate will call you back within 48 hours". That was on 12/22/11. Today is 01/18/12 and I STILL CAN'T GET THIS ISSUE RESOLVED!!!! USE DIRECTV!!!!!! THEY ARE GREAT!!!! AND THEY HANDLE THEIR CUSTOMER ISSUES PROMPTLY!!!

Washington, District Of Columbia

COMCAST THEIVES

I called to remove HBO and the Sports Package from my programming a few weeks ago. I received my bill today and there was a mysterious charge of $5.00 for a "non-recurring" event. I called customer service and was informed the fee was a "service change" fee that is assessed when you make a change in your programming. I was NEVER informed of this fee upfront. I was NEVER given an option of avoiding the fee or told that it would ever cost me to change my programming. By the end of the conversation, I had cancelled ALL Comcast television service. My internet service cost went from $34/month to $63 because I cancelled the television portion. I will shop for another provider. COMCAST IS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!

If you want to save money on your Comcast bill call 877-824-2288 and ask to speak to the RETENTION Department. They will give you promotions and discounts that no other department can give you.

The promos generally last for 6 months so you have to callback every 6 months. It is worth the trouble because you can get discounts of 25-50%

#420725

Same thing here. I called to drop HBO after the 3 month free offer.

I got hit with a $5.00 'service charge'. I called customer no-service and spoke with a woman who was adamant it was justified.

Only after getting a supervisor involved did I get it removed-yet the no-service rep clung to her 'it was a justified charge' spiel.

Horrible display of how to value-or not value-your customer. I've replaced them in my house.

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email asking you to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN 8) :grin :p

View more comments (3)
Denver, Colorado
Comcast Tv Service

Comcast had come to the Most Worst Service in the Industry...!!!;

I had Comcast sevice in the Past three months ago and I did have sevice from this Company for only a month , Then I got Overcharges from this Company , I called but there was No answer was made Through at so many calls !!!???!!! . After a Month this service had Cancelled and They still send Billing to me every months for a Charges of $82.89 for What???? Even this Service Had Cancelled two Months ago???!!!! And I still got Bills , Doesn't matter I came to the Office located in Lancaster have a Talked to them that I had Cancelled the service already but you guy still send me these Bills what was the Problems and Purposes ???? And Howcome I did Cancelled the service already but I still got these Bills every months ??????!!!. Today is : JANUARY, 18 th , 2012 I would made this for A Lawsuit for what they has had Not Stop Charges me for Not Using the Service and Overcharged ...Etc....!!! All Product had Supplied for the service Had Returned more than Two Months ago as like : " Cable Box and Remotes "!!! This is for the most Purposes and Persuing for A Lawsuit If they Did Not Stop Charge for Not Using service or others Issuing !!!.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Comcast had come to the Most Worst Service in the Industry...!!!;

I had Comcast sevice in the Past three months ago and I did have sevice from this Company for only a month , Then I got Overcharges from this Company , I called but there was No answer was made Through at so many calls !!!???!!! . After more than Two Months I Cancelled this Service and They still send Billing to me every months , Doesn't matter I came to the Office located in Lancaster have a Talked to them that I had Cancelled the service already but you guy still send me these Bills what was the Problems and Purposes ???? And Howcome I did Cancelled the service already but I still got these Bills every months ??????!!!. Today is : JANUARY, 18 th , 2012 I would made this for A Lawsuit for what they has had Not Stop Charges me for Not Using the Service and Overcharged ...Etc....!!! All Product had Supplied for the service Had Returned more than Two Months ago as like : " Cable Box and Remotes "!!! This is for the most Purposes and Persuing for A Lawsuit If they Did Not Stop Charge for Not Using service or others Issuing !!!.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Comcast SUCKS!

well i became a comcast customer.... somehow a $56 a month internet turned into over $180 in less than two months. Late fees even though automatic payment option was set... non existent customer support. funny part is, i just logged in on to my account and rechecked the auto payment option and it was on.... so i decided to play it safe and payed manually online.... oh wonder 5 minutes after it said ty for your payment ... another late fee appeared, this time twice the amount of the first one! The "we dont give a f** *** about you just give us your money approach.... thats FREE MARKET for you guys ..... shakes his head ..... and most of all ... no one to control or oversee those bastards! and then we ask why is the country the way it is .... @#$@WED@#R$#@E#@E#@
Renton, Washington
Product
Comcast Account

Comcast does not honor their word

Our payment was late and we called to notify comcast we would pay the following Thursday. The customer service representative recorded (I assume) the notification and said that would be fine. Sunday the service was turned OFF. Upon calling they explained certain reasons. I inquired as to why the customer service rep with whom I made the arrangements would not have informed me of these other requirements? If we had been informed we could have made other arrangements!!!! Thanks so much to that representative for that courtesy. Perhaps comcast should pay their employees more to enable hiring people who are more responsible?????? I would like retribution. thank you

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN 8) :grin :p

Antioch, California

Comcast employees are ignorant

I ordered internet service through Comcast, as my wife is enrolled in online classes and we are in the process of moving. The service was set to be installed. Rather than calling her at home, which was the directions given to them. They called me out of town in meetings and unable to help them. They went to the wrong address which was reviewed three times by my request to ensure they could provide service to the new address. I found out after the issue arose not only did they call the wrong number repeatedly, they can't provide service to my new residence. Therefore I wasted my time, and my wife waited for three hours on someone who went to the wrong address, and I still don't have service. I can't believe this went through three reviews and was not caught even when I specifically asked. If this is the type of service provided why even waste your time dealing with people who can't do their job.

Miami, Florida