Show reviews that mention
service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem people account
Filter review

Pulled TV station....

I just moved from another state 5 weeks ago. I signed-up with comcast for my cable and internet. I got the starter package. Today they just eliminated a station and put it into a Preferred package. It is only TruTV which I watch for COPS and Las Vegas Strip which I enjoy. I had no notice that this was going to be done. It appears that when you sign up for a package, you pay a certain amount but they can change the programming whenever they want. In other words, they do what they want but I must pay even though I signed up for certain stations. They can break their end of the deal but I can't. Is this fair? I am not a happy camper.

If you want to save money on your Comcast bill call 877-824-2288 and ask to speak to the RETENTION Department. They will give you promotions and discounts that no other department can give you.

The promos generally last for 6 months so you have to callback every 6 months. It is worth the trouble because you can get discounts of 25-50%

Fremont, California
Comcast Tv Package

Comcast is the worst company in the world!

I had comcast from January 9, 2012 until yesterday. It only worked for one DAY! I replaced the box and it still did not work. I had 11 appointments that were cancelled by Comcast. They never called or showed up to fix the problems. The worst experience I have ever had. DO NOT USE COMCAST. I would rather watch snow and hope a Poltergeist would get me!!! Sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks. They need to go bankrupt. They are total *** have no concern. Worst Company in the world. Go with any company. Don't be fooled by them !!!!!

brian_roberts@comcast.com is email address of Comcast CEO

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

COMCAST MADE ME *** ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Shreveport, Louisiana

Month ahead billing and extra fees

i've been a comcast coustmer since 1987, at one time had the whole package , but with their prices and added extra fees , i'm now down to just internet. Today 1-30-12 i recived a call from their coustmer service wanting thier past due 29 dollars to avoid shut off. this is the remainder of the amount owed for the month of january!!!! amazing, milti billoin company and tehy have to get as much out of their decaticted consumers. i'm currently looking for another internet provider and good riddance to comcast, and their crroked ways. At&t cell phones are next. The parent company of comcast. more people need to do this and make them see you actually put them there, US!!!!!

Vancouver, Washington
Loss

Absolutely the worst company in the world!

I called this past Friday, very reluctantly I might add, to switch my service from Verizon to Comcast in an effort to save some $$. While I was speaking to the guy I tried to get a weekend install but was not able to so I agreed to a Monday install between 4-6. I get an automated call on Sunday to confirm my install between 3-5, not the time slot agreed upon but ok. The tech calls me at noon on Monday I am in your area can I come early, my reply no I will see you at three as agreed upon I am at work 45 minutes away. Call back a few minutes later, can you buy a router we don't have any in the warehouse. My reply yes I will go buy one and you will deduct from my bill, ok he says. Then I leave earlier as now I have to go out of my way to stop at Walmart and buy a router. Go home no tech shows up. Call Comcast. We can't do the install tech came at noon and saw no line going from the pole to your house he put in a construction ticket at 12:55. I asked why he did not call me so I would not have made the trip home. I am asked if I want to log a complaint and have his supervisor call me. You bet I do. I want compensation for my time too. We can give you a $20 credit off your bill. Now they have to do the dig and after i notice the ground dug up I can call them back to schedule an install, they can not call me. Really $20 you just cost me about $200. I called Verizon renegotiated my plan, got a few bucks off. It will be a cold day in *** before I ever deal with Comcast. Can't wait for his supervisor to call me. They don't even have me yet and already I am treated like ***.
#419341

I agree - they are horrible - may be when you have 22 million customers you can do that. Wehn they have 12 million customers I wonder if they will get it.

I use my NJ cell number for my Florida comcast. SO every time I call I get routed to someone who deals with NJ. It takes 20 minutes - everytime- to get it right. Then when I used their automated service to use their Vacation plan it didn't register with thenm and they continued to bill me for months at the regular rate.

They refused to even accept the fact that I tried to use the automated Vacation Plan. Compensation - forget it.

Theyu are horrible. And they wonder why folks switch as soon as they get a chance.

Baltimore, Maryland
We have had Comcast Triple Play for several years, but I am still burned about how we got ripped off and Comcast would not help make it right. I didn't know about this website until now! Comcast uses 3rd party cons to sell their services. We were supposed to...

Type I have a complaint about failure to provide services offered and agreed to. My husband and I were working with Alex" about a package that would include internet at 200 download and 25 upload speed, preferred plus cable, 220 channels incl NFL and sports and the security system installed (fee waived).

Alex explained that the offer included $600 security products at no charge. The package was two yrs at $175.88 the 1st yr, $188.88 2nd yr - Alex confirmed multiple times that this included all of the above including the fee for the three boxes for our 3 tvs - everything except taxes. We had asked him to call back because my husband is a disabled vet in the VA VocRehab program and they would be willing to pay the internet portion and we were working with our VA rep to see how to do that. On the 3rd night I agreed to the package with Alex.

He read a statement, I confirmed agreement.

Today home security called to schedule installation - they said to my husband that it would be an "additional" $24.95 per month added to our "current" bill. My husband explained that this was a new package and included this fee - they had nothing about a new package.

I have spoken with multiple people at Comcast since 11 am this morning - the regular number, their home security office, etc and no one can find notes on this.

Right after speaking with Lauren – (ID: letter T, then the squiggly line, then open parenthesis) who is a Comcast supervisor with Customer Solutions I found the number that Alex had called from (855-817-7968) and the confirmation number (18013016680566) that he gave me and called Lauren back. Lauren – IN COMCAST CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS could not see the order in the system. So I called the number while on another phone with Lauren. They answered Comcast Online Services - the 1st person could see the order and the pricing but she said it was cancelled and no longer available.

At this point I ended the call with Lauren as it appeared that I had found the right office to help me.

This person again said that she can see the offer but it is not available anymore, my husband had cancelled it and we could no longer be given that offer. Now about this time I am getting pretty disgusted and upset. I again said it was not cancelled and asked (demanded) to speak with a supervisor.

Aron, who is supposed to be a supervisor, was also able to open the file with the confirmation number). He said to me that my husband cancelled the contract today and it is now expired. He saw the offer and what was included. We discussed it.

He said that offer is no longer available, it expired. I explained to him again that my husband did NOT cancel the plan agreed to with Alex. What he did was tell home security that they were attempting to install on the old plan at an add'l rate, not the new one with Alex. My husband said that he did NOT want the security system under the old plan – especially at the additional monthly rate.

The supervisor repeated that is not available anymore because your husband cancelled it - wrong again.

He transferred me to someone whom he said could find a plan that would be equal. Well..., that did not happen. This person said she cannot offer that.

She “might” be able to get it close to that price but I would have to give up services to get it there. I again said that I wanted the plan offered to me and agreed on by me. She also COULD NOT SEE the order in the system.

She then transferred me to customer escalation where I spoke w/ Richie ID 9KY.

I explained it all again - that we did NOT cancel the offer that we had agreed to and we wanted that offer. I gave him the confirmation number and told him that the supervisor (Aron) that I had just spoken with could open the order and see it. I explained that he said the order was, once again, cancelled by my husband – which is absolutely not true. Richie also could not see anything about it stating that there is no order.

And this is now CUSTOMER ESCALATION, and they cannot see the order So, he said that it might have been a 3rd party provider and I stated that they answered Comcast and NEVER said anything but Comcast. They even processed the request to have home security installed so there was an order. He again said that he "might" be able to match the price but I would have to give up services - or just pay more! That is not acceptable!

I feel that Comcast took an order that they knew they could not give with the idea that we would just say oh, ok go ahead and install it - $25 isn't much more. But we DO NOT agree to that. We want what was offered/promised and what we agreed to. We had a contract for that.

Comcast will not let us out of a contract and should honor theirs. If Alex messed up and offered something more than he should have that is not my problem. I accepted his offer and Comcast should honor it. I cannot believe that no one - other than one person and then the supervisor Aron at the 855-817-7968 could find that confirmation number, notes or the details of the order.

The supervisor would not provide the information on where that order was placed from or who placed it. Again, the order was for 200Mpbs download/25 upload, preferred cable with Starz and Showtime, 220 channels with NFL and sports, all the kids programming, the Home Security system monthly fee included with the system installed at no charge and the bonus of $600 in security equipment at no charge. This price included the router and three boxes. The agreement was for two years.

The total price, except for taxes, was quoted at $175.88 the first year, $188.88 the second year and a $20 pr month increase the 3rd year. This order was prepared and submitted by ALEX, And this was seen by Aron who acknowledged it but continued to say that this is no longer offered - we lost it when we cancelled today, which we did not do. WE DID NOT CANCEL THE PLAN CONTRACTED WITH ALEX THIS WEEK. My husband stated to the Home Security office that he did not order or accept home security service as an addition to the plan that we had that was to be changed with this new contract.

I am asking that someone at Comcast find out who Alex is and confirm this order with him. Also that someone contact Comcast to find the details on why the Home Security was setup to be installed on the plan that we were changing and not the new plan that we agreed to. I am also asking that this contract made with Alex (Comcast) be honored – every detail of it from what it includes to the pricing that was agreed to. In fact, they should give us a greater discount for all of the wasted time and unbelievable frustration this has caused us.

I lost a day at work (at the Veterans Benefit Office) today to try to straighten this out. It has also stalled the Veteran’s Vocational Rehabilitation plan that my husband is in while waiting for this to be straightened out. I, as the customer, do not care whether this contract was completed with a “Comcast” representative or a third-party representative. I initially called the main Comcast personal sales office and ended up with this representative (Alex).

I dealt in good faith with him and I expect Comcast to honor his work if they use him to represent and sell services for Comcast. your message here

View more comments
Oak Park, Michigan

Theft by Comcast

I noticed a charge by Comcast of more than $104 on my Visa card. Since I never have and never would do business with a company that has such a slimeball reputation I called them to try to get an explanation of where the charge came from. The only good thing I could say about the call is that it appeared to be handled by humans in the US instead of screen readers in some 4th world country. Other than that, they couldn't care less that they are making their money now by making fraudulent charges to the credit cards of people who never have and would never want to do business with them.

#420652

nice comment you got there, just so you know it isnt easy to be on the place of your so called SCREEN READERS.. you dont know a thing about their job and how they handle calls of racists like you.

San Jose, California

Tip for Getting Things Done at Comcast

I've had Comcast service for five years, and it has never worked well. But, there is a way to get things done, and it's to use their phone-tree to get to the 'disconnect' department (also known as the 'loyalty' department). They have the override-capability which other departments, including the executive offices, do not. They can also arrange for account-credits, when other departments will not, or cannot. But, you have to go through the Comcast phone-tree CAREFULLY, because the disconnect department is usually hidden away under some category like 'other.' Sometimes you'll also hear the phrase, 'do you want to downgrade or disconnect service?' That works, too. Good luck!
#420562

I have never.. NEVER..

had a service of any kind that is and has been as BAD as Comcast. Their managment is the problem. . the strengh of the pack is determined by the swiftness of the leader..

Managment NEEDS TO BE FIRED, LET THE LOSER LIARS PUT THEIR APPLICATION IN A KMART, BUT.. Kmark likely would not hire them.

I have been lied to, screwed, short circuited. .my whole house electrical system was efked with Comcast and their boxes.. and, THEY KNEW THIS ALL ALONG..

TWO OUT OF FIVE OF THEIR BOXES ARE DEFECTIVE!!!!!!!!!! hello.. Where the efk is our Government and our FCC and our Georgia Public Service System??? We are efked in this nation is WE, the American people, allow this *** to continue!!

I say sue the liars.. N.

Georgia Federal District Court.. seek Class Action, and let the sorry loser thieves and liars pay.

Folsom, California

COMCAST SUCKS

Comcast charges way to much for a product that doesnt work. Then they want to charge you $52 dollars to have a tech come out and fix a product that never worked from they day you get it. Everyone please do not use comcast, I want this company to go bankrupt and all these *** crooks to loose their jobs, money and hopefully commit suicide. I pay for HD channels and most of them dont work and yet they will not do anything to fix them, I have had to change boxes multiple time which doesnt work. I hope they all die

I agree completely. COMCAST SUCKS!!!

I've had similar experiences. That's why I just launched ComcastSucks.biz.

This is a place where we can all share our stories and maybe we'll even get heard and something will get done about terrible service and horrible products. Please post your story on our site too.

Burlington, Vermont
Loss
Every so often I get a pop-up over one of my television channels saying we've detected an interruption. Please check the connections and if the promblem is not resolved contact Comcast at 1-800-Comcast to restore service. We're sorry for the inconvenience. I checked...

Same thing happens to me and it’s 2018!!

View more comments
Waterford Township, Michigan
Loss
January 15, 2012 6:24PM Having no telephone or internet service, at 6:24PM I contacted Comcast at 804.743.1150 and spoke with Mat. After numerous attempts of resetting my modem Mat determined that he was unable to connect with the modem and it was defective. Mat...
Richmond, Virginia

Comcast sucks they should change that commercial to a lady cryBECAUSE THE XFINITY GUY IS THERE!

I orderd service on dec 19th they gave me a huge price for installation when I asked why so much they said because I requested a wireless router and that if I had it mailed instead they'd wave me $50 so of course I said mail it then. They told me they couldn't get a tech out til the 28 Th who showed up late and then said he could not install my service because he did not do new wiring ? So they sent someone else out the next day it got installed but still no router I kept calling they said they no longer mail them? then I asked why they gave me the option that didn't exist they then. Told me its cause. They have a new " gateway box " which is modem/router combo so I Asked them to send me that they said it was on its way a week later I call asking where it is they said my order was canceld then they told me. Cause I needed to do the third Party verification which they connected me to Spanish then I kept calling they lied me it got shipped yestherday no it got shipped this morning they charged me for over night shipping $30 twice!!! And I just called back and said over night it's been a week where is it? Oh there sorry gateway boxes cannot be shipped because the tech needs to install your phone number in it a tech must bring it u need a. Appt? But they charged me $60 for shipping? So all they know how to Do is charge you for *** that you don't even get COMCAST YOU SUCK ..... Thank god I got to cancel cause there full of *** don't fall for there commercials that lady is crying cause she knows she signed up for 2 years of ***!!!!!
Hollywood, Florida

Comcast horrendous service: Florida; Delray Beach

Had appointment from 8-9 AM to replace TV cable box and repair service...DVR does not work. internet slow. they are all rahrahrah about Infinity but they are worse then ever! Repairman never showed. It is 11:30 I never received a phone call regarding when or if repair will actually arrive at home. called 3 times...no-one knows what is going on. can't reach service person, don't know where he is....if anyone will ever come....they know absolutely nothing about their own service. they promise service within allocated time but that has never happened yet. and ironically ...they call to confirm the appt! HORRIBLE INEFFICIENT DISORGANIZED COMPANY.

You should learn proper grammar. Did you attend school ?

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email asking you to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN

8) :grin :p

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them.

Boynton Beach, Florida
Comcast Tv Service

Comcast is a communications company and cant communicate

First comcast stated that they would be by to install my business services between 8 am and noon. I told them that no one would be at the site until after 4pm. They stated they would let the tech know, obviously they did not. Now I am losing money because my servers are down and all comcast can say is they can get a tech back out tomorrow afternoon or later and they are sorry. What if all of their customer's didn't pay their bill for a month and just said they were sorry? That's on top of them adding a residential account under my name and it was not requested. Everytime I attempt to talk to them about that I get disconnected!! Wtf?!!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Product
Comcast Account

Comcast absolute nightmare

We had Comcast cable and internet service for several months on our brand new LED/LCD 55 inch 3d TV. Things were fine until I noticed several channels not coming in and random things like on demand service not working. We called to have a technician come out and look at it. When he started unplugging the cable he got shocked by the cable line coming out of the wall. He got his superior over and it turns out they had never grounded the cable lines when they were put in. They added a ground line without contacting our Landlord or even letting us know what they were doing. They advised us to call an electrician when they were working on the cable but once they placed the ground line they told us that it was unnecessary and they had fixed it. The original tech then started re-hooking up all our electronics including our surround sound and playstation 3. Then reprogrammed the box and checked that the channels were coming back in, then left. We left it on for a bit and then as we prepared to leave the house we turned it off. Upon doing so the cable box burst into flames at the back where the cable wire was connected, not at the outlet...which had a surge protector on it. All the electronics shut off and never came back on. As it turns out they were all fried. An electrician came and checked it out determining that it was not the house itself but an improper in installation of the cable. The branch manager of the Comcast in our area came out and basically said that it was not the cable despite what the electrician said and refused to take their burned up equipment back. Then they continued to call and harass us for a non returned equipment fee even though we had begged them to come get the ***. In fact they have still not shutshut of the cable but are not charging for it. They just refuse to come back to the property all together. They took a list of all our broken items months ago and nothing has ever come of it besides them taking us to collections for not returning equipment. They are all incompetent idiots and apparently wusses too.

Olympia, Washington
Loss

I simply could not despise any company more than Comcast

Oh Comcast.. how I hate you. So, from the beginning I found the comcast website to be very confusing when trying to decide which service to order. I go on the site under double-play packages and click where it says "80+ channels etc, etc for 69.99". This brings me to a page which says "blac extra package". Now, NOWHERE does it say what type of cable you get with this package and obviously since I had just clicked on 80+ channels (the digital starter package) on the previous page I think "ok this package has 80+ channels". No. Do not order services online people, please just don't do it. So I decide this is the package I want for 69.99, good internet all the channels I want, awesome. I go to enter my address and it won't let me order and tells me to call customer service. So, I do and they tell me that my address is simply not in their system and that they have to put it in. While I am on the phone with this woman she does it, very polite, and tells me to try again so I do and it works I say thank you and hang up. When I look back to my computer the screen has changed and it says "new customer" and offers the blast extra package for 39.99 now! I'm thinking I must have it wrong so I pull up another page and it has the exact same description as what I was planning on getting for 69.99. I'm thinking cool this is great. So that's what I order. The guy comes and installs everything, no problem. When he leaves I decide to watch some tv, except, I have essentially no channels! I call and see what the problem is and they say that the blast extra comes with only basic cable which IT DOES NOT SAY UNDER THE DESCRIPTION! Why is it when I click on "80+ channels" on one page it brings me to a package that does not offer 80+ channels??????? Someone tell me if I am just crazy. At this point I have to get to work so I tell them I will figure it out later. The next day, I call again and try to simply get a receipt with exactly what I ordered and what do they send me? The description of the blast extra package (with no price) that everyone can see online. I tell them no, I would like to see EXACTLY what I ordered and they say they do not have access to special promotions... you are the sales department!!! They say they see nothing for 39.99.. then why is that how much I see on my bill?! Uugh. Finally I just give up and say w.e I'll decide what to do later, right now I am just happy my internet is working. I also ask about the fact that my on demand is not working anymore and they say that that does not come with basic cable.. which makes sense but when I ask them why it was working for us for a week they have no explanation. I let it go. A couple days later, my internet ceases to work. I call for tech support and the girl is just plain rude. She treats me like I am a complete *** and I am someone who is pretty well versed when it comes to technology. First thing she tells me is to unplug the modem, so I do. A couple minutes later she says "I do not see that it is online... is it plugged in?" with an attitude. I said no you just told me to unplug it sorry. It starts to work and I say oh its working thanks and she just says "is that all?" like I've bothered her in some way. I then have her transfer me to the sales department because my boyfriend and I have decided we want to upgrade for better cable. I am talking to this woman while online looking at packages and ask her what she can offer me for an upgrade. She tells me well we cannot upgrade your package without you cancelling first and then ordering new service. So, what she is telling me is that I must cancel, order new service, stay home to have a tech come to my house again ("it is different equipment that must replace what I have") just to upgrade at all. I then ask her just what it is i'll be able to upgrade to and she says she cannot tell me while I am an existing customer because what is offered to me will change when I am no longer a customer... ummm ok. As I'm talking to her my internet goes again!!!! I tell the woman I just had this "fixed" and she ignores me as I am on the *** of tears after dealing with these people for days and keeps asking if I want to upgrade. Finally I get so upset and just have her cancel it which requires yet another transfer. The woman I deal with while cancelling is by far the nicest person I have had to deal with at comcast, go figure. They need to be boycotted, people cannot be scammed and treated this way. It just sucks that they are my only option. I have gone without cable and internet for a month now despite being an online student just to avoid having to deal with them, so horrible. Just thinking about getting their service makes me tired. If you get comcast go talk to someone in person so you know who to blame when you don't get the service you thought you were paying for.

New England, North Dakota