Show reviews that mention
service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem people account
Filter review

Comcast Cable

We had a home phone line and dvr hooked up in our home. We already had exiting service and have been customers for years. We pay our bill on time and every month. The techinican they sent here ran the cable line along the wall over a dresser and through the middle of the room across a set of golf clubs to hook to the tv. He left all the old equipment here and lines hanging all over the desk. He was very rude and unprofessional. When checking to see if the phone was working he was making flirting conversation with the female on the other end of the line. He left in a hurry and when we asked him about the cable he said it was not his problem. We asked to talk to a supervisor he said he would have his call us. This never happened. I have talked to cable company numerous times and never recieved a return call from them. On one of my calls to them the lady took off the insulation fee which I cant believe they had the nerve to charge me anyway.

Groton, Connecticut
Comcast Tv Service

Comcast just keeps getting GREEDY

We lost our wireless connection, called Comcast to get "support" from tech dept. They told me they only provide the cable/internet. If I wanted help with my computer connection. I would "HAVE TO PAY EXTRA FOR THE HELP." They really have to be out of there minds. Or A friend of the CEO's needed work for his company. And they are working together to screw us one more way. Just a couple of months ago we added a computer and they helped us with setting it up to be wireless. We should all cut out the extras for several months and let it hit their pockets. Just to remind them, without US the customers, they wouldn't have what they do. Maybe they over spent their budget and are trying to make up the money. When I called the Corp. Office. I was told, someone would get back to me. When I asked when they said they didn't know. GO figure.

Yeah, comcast is ***... over priced ***!

my bill it 98 a month...

i shouldnt have to watch SD on my HD tv! I dont wanna zoom in!

comcast is the worst company ever ! We paid them to bury some cable wires and they never showed up we kept talking to managers ...

they dont care finally after 2 months they showed up un prepared to work and a month later it finally got done and still not done right ... plus they take over certain areas which make it so you cant get another company and drop them ... i was told by att that we could never get thier internet tv service due to comcast.

Alot of ppl dont want comcast they just dont have a choice... unless they want to live as the amish do ...........

Tv and internet = Luxuries, not necessities. Alternatives?

1) Learn technology. Its the 21st century honestly.

2) Need services for work/schooL? >>>>>> Dialup/DSL/publiclibrary/

3) Too expesnsive? Overtime.

4) Bad experience? Leave em.

5) Mad about what you've read so far? Your probably a grouchy person anyways.

Yes i understand that alot of people that hate comcast have legitimate reasons to do so and voice their cause. It could be due to lazy, unknowledgeable, or uncaring workers/reps. But On the other hand generalization should never be embraced by modern civil people and while it does seem to be a large # of complaints. The vast majority of the 47million customers have no issues. Sometimes its not them...sometimes its us.

Reflect :)

How greedy you are...your wireless is your responsibility!!!! Comcast provides internet, tv and phone...those are the services. Comcast is not there to hold your hand as far as your equipment is working.....read the directions!!!!

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

Ginsburg v. Comcast Corporation et al, case number 2:11-cv-01959 western washington district court and king county (WA) superior court case #11-2-34714-1

If you search king county (WA) superior court records Comcast is being sued for not paying unemployment taxes they owe to employment security department

I agree with DUH if you can't fix your own device you should pay someone to do it for you. And to Comcast will go under if it was the connection then no computers would work not just one. :cry

Plain and simple, Customers need to form a class action against Comcast(now Xfinity)for,

A- Price gouging.

B- Unfair business practices.

C- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

D- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

E- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

*** Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

G- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

H- False advertising.

There you have it folks, 8 good and valid reasons for a class action against Comcast.

The problem is for some reason people are afraid of forming a class action against this company...

PS 'DUH which applies. It wasn't the computer.

It was the connection.

But Im sure your mom told you, you know everything. :grin

First let me say hi comcast employee. For the amount of money that is paid to them monthly.

They should off support. Comcast dirt ***. Not to mention they have offered support here where I live.

So yes, now its about the money to them. Wake up sleepy

Stop being cheap and hire someone to help you. Comcast can't help you fix your computer anymore than Ford is interested in giving you free driving lessons.

View more comments (9)
Denver, Colorado

Comcast - Second time in three months they made me pissed beyond belief

This is the second time in the last three months I've had to write in about an issue, Comcast has by far the WORST customer service I have ever dealt with. The first time, even after several phone calls and online chats you refused to disconnect my service at my old house after I moved. Now, I am even more frustrated than I was the first time. I canceled my internet because I was so angry at the company after the hoops you made me jump through when I moved. Firstly, I never had the internet installed, and yet it was never removed off of my bill, so I was paying for services I never had. So after while when I decided to come back and have the internet, I was told to come to the local office and pick up some equipment and then I would be all set. I work the same hours as the local center so I asked to have them mailed. They never were mailed. Then after some time of waiting, I had to take time off of work to go pick up the equipment. Then I get it set up, and surprise! It does not work. So I called the company and was transferred over and over again until after about an hour I was frustrated enough to stop trying. This calling process was repeated twice and then again over live chat another two times. So this is about four or five hours of my life WASTED trying to get the service that I pay for to actually work. Not to mention the money I lost when I had to *** of work. This is all out of pocket time and money that I am using on this company, to do Comcasts job. Then, finally after OVER a month of trying to get the thing to work I am told I have to get a service call to have the wall jack installed. Basically Comcast is stealing my money. Why am I paying money for services I cannot get to work? Why am I spending all my time and taking off of work to do something that should have been done? Really I would like to know why it is that not a single employee that I spoke to before this day could not have told me that I need a service call, or in fact why was I instructed to spend my gas and time to go and get equipment, that was supposed to be mailed to me? So after spending all of this (which for someone who is working pay check to pay check trying to keep up with bills, is a pretty big deal) Comcast really has the audacity to ask me to pay for yet another set up/service call? Really!? Well, I think not.

I would never have spent all that time you spent on this matter....you must be a very desperate illiterate person.

Or- I don’t like spending my money for nothing in return. I would rather spend my time than my money.

Paying thirty dollars a month for something I don’t have, starts to add up. And how on earth does the "illiterate" part even come into play?

If I was unable to read or write how would I read my bills, work a full time job, go to school, write this letter, or even respond to you? I think someone should have gotten a dictionary for Christmas.

View more comments (2)
Chicago, Illinois
Loss

Comcast is not a professional company

Their customer service sucks. on hold waiting to speak to a customer rep is 45 min. You pay ur bill on line by check a week later they still have not taken that amount from your bank and diconnect your service. THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ME TWICE AND i HAVE ONLY HAD THEIR SERVICE FOR 4 MONTHS. NO WONDER EVERYONE I KNOW HAS DIRECT TV now . GOOD BYE COMCAST HOPE YOU GO OUT OF BUISSNESS! I will never recommend them to anyone. i have never seen a company ran so poorly in my life. Direct tv here i come. bye

Mesa, Arizona
Comcast Tv Service
Loss

Comcast: my complaint resolved!

I've been to ticked off by Comcast for the last time. High prices racked my wallet since they were the only carrier at my complex. When they officially disconnected me I officially decided to divorce them. I called and got many rude reps. I wanted my device officially turned off. Three months later I was still getting bills even though I had paid the final balance. I called again. More rude sales associates. This time I wrote down their names and wrote a letter to corporate. I ACTUALLY GOT A WRITTEN RESPONSE from the local location. The name of department is Corporate Escalations. The address is 8505 West Tidwell Road, Houston Texas 77040. PHONE to Ashley Law is 713-895-2488. Hopes this helps someone! I got all my fees removed and found out THEY OWED ME MONEY!

Tooele, Utah
Comcast seems to think they can charge whatever they want. We pay our bill online and usually within 7 -10 days of the due date. We pay what their site tells us is owed up to that due date being that the new charges are due the following month. If you pay your bill...
Blanton
#1720304

I had been a customer for many years with Comcast. I asked them to transfer my service to a new address, a week in advance because I was in process of moving.

On the date that the technician was to come out he was a" no show". I called to find out why and was informed that I needed to contact comcast on that following Monday during business hours. I called that Monday, none of the customer service rep's knew why I was calling, I explained to them what had happened and again why I was calling I had been told to speak to a Representative in billing. Still not understanding the call they ordered another day for a technician to come out.

The day In question still a "no show", no one came out to connect my service and again I made another call, only this time, I'm told that my contract had ended and I needed to update it in order for them to transfer my service which now is 10 days from the date they supposed to have came. What? You just got paid, so what are you saying? Again, I've called and so they're saying this time I owed a full month payment and I asked them didn't they get paid already, because my payment date is from June 28-July 28th, and I asked for service to be transferred on July 1st.

They had just received a payment on June 16th, so what was the problem? No one could fully make sense of what was going on. I needed phone and internet service immediately! I was told that my contract with comcast had expired, so I took a promotion with AT&T the next day.

July 10th. After doing this someone called from Philadelphia (Comcast Representative) asking what was going on because they where trying to understand the calls and exactly what happened, and I explained that I had been told by Comcast that I no longer had service with Comcast it had expired and that I needed to have renewed my contract before it could be transferred, I said to them I thought that I was under a new contract but was informed by one of the team members that every thing had expired. I asked why hadn't I been informed she said she didn't know. I said the *** with Comcast, next day I called At&t concerning their service, made arrangements for them to come out and service me.

Comcast called back, they then wanted to give me their service with a great promotion package, that I couldn't except because I had already took one from At&t the day before Comcast second call and I informed them that I was under contract. Within the billing period Comcast took funds out of my bank account saying that I owed them. The dates of service was from June 28 through July 12 when they officially closed out my account all the while I had been told it had expired on June 30th. I made another call asking Comcast where did the funds go where was it applied because when one get services from them they charge two months payments in advance.

I was told I had to pay for equipment that I had been paying on every month while using their service. I continuously questioned them about the advanced months payment they had taken from me during my initial first contract. No one would answer that question. They tried to charge me with their equipment but I told them I had taken the modem and internet box back to a Comcast store, gave them the receipt number so that I had proof that the equipment had been returned.

So why am I still having to pay? They're saying that it was me that terminated my agreement with them. I didn't! Now, two years later I'm getting calls from a collection company saying I owe Comcast a full month payment.

I said I owe no such thing! Comcast has lost their integrity, they cheat and they lie! I'm speaking with an attorney. I'm writing to my congressman and to the Attorney General.

I can't afford this, I'm a senior and I pay my debts and I will not be cheated by Comcast or any other creditors! ENS

View more comments
Golden, Colorado
Loss

Does the word "theives" mean anything to you comcast people?

Tell us what happened; well its very simple. Comcast is nothing but a bunch of Rapists. How dare they charge $189 per month for the infamous "triple play" deal that they advertise at $99 per month. I cut everything out but basic cable and the triple play still costs me $160. The ONLY reason I have stayed with Comcast is because of the great free Exercise TV workouts. Guess what, Exercise TV is now *** and gone from the provider as of the end of November. Comcast, in their infinite wisdom, has replaced Exercise tv with FIT TV. Inhave never seen so many unprofessional fitness trainer wannabes in my life. Just a thought; a prediction if nyou will...some unsuspecting soul who is new to doing workouts is going to get seriously injured because these excercise yahoos do not perform warm-ups prior to just jumping into the workout. What a joke. Hey Comcast, you know those pretty little dishes people perch on their rooftops? Its called AFFORDABLE CABLE, and thank the lord, that's where I'm headed. Adios you theiving sh*tbags.

Hey, so sad...did you happen to read the part about Comcast engaging in the practice of price guaging? Oh, that's right, you must have forgotten to actually comprehend that theiving was the whole point of the post. Keep up the good work Zippy the pinhead.

You can get exercise DVDs for a lot less.

You *** ***. You do realize that Comcast has NO control over who Fit TV shows as their trainers. Oops I forgot you don't otherwise you wouldn't have posted such a petty complaint.

View more comments (3)
North Tonawanda, New York

Comcast - Every concievable aspect of their business is Terrible

I just wanted to tell you guys that I am moving in a month and cant wait. I will finally be done with comcast. This will be the second happiest day of my life, second only to buying my own home. I cant believe ive put up with your services for over two years, and just felt that it was time to voice my opinion. All Ive ever wanted from you guys was consistent internet, as I am a student. Not once, in the entire history of being your customer have I felt that the level of service, both internet and support, have ever once justified the costs. If it wasnt for online classes, I would have terminated our relationship eons ago. I also feel it is my duty to get at least 5 different households, friend and family, to switch from comcast to whoever your competitor is. I then intend to follow this up with getting each of those five to do the same. Needless to say, your ability to provide basic service has been truly exemplary in the depths of failure you have achieved. Good day.

Tallahassee, Florida
Loss

Comcast - Price is ridiculous!!!

I called to down size my plan because 60.00 dollars a month for a few more channels is ***. With the "economy" plan I lose ON DEMAND, which is fine with me but the guy tells me that the little extension box in the bedroom will longer work and I will have to plug to TV in the wall just to get the little local channels. I do have the option of paying for a "box" for an extra 8.00 dollars a month if I want the economy package in my room. Nice. Rip, rip , rip off........I am about to get one the "converter"boxes and say forget it to cable companies. People, the only way to stop companies like this is to boycott. Lack of business is the only way to to wake them up.

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email asking you to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN

8) :grin :p

I have JUST basic and it is now almost 16/month-a few months ago it was 13 and it started out at 5/month

and you just get ***-plus they pull channels... can't see paying their prices to upgrade since I am not a big tv watcher-when I called years ago to change- they thought i wanted to 'upgrade' and when I said I just want the BASIC to just keep it on- they did 'turn' on me.................... :?

bobhead

*** those prices,

Comcast will burn in ***.

na must be a high level Comcast exec - great cust service - agree with us or leave LOL ROFL LMAO 8) :p :grin :) :zzz :upset :?

If you don't want to pay the prices then go elsewhere and stop complaining!!!! Get a life.

1- Price gouging.

2- Unfair business practices.

3- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

4- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

5- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

6- Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

7- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

8- False advertising.

I am looking for another company. Can you imagine $180 a month just for tv and internet?

Not even the highest types either, just mid level

$8 per box for 3 tvs HD PLus a $12 HD tech fee each month PLUS a $7 for something called a super HD so just for HD alone we pay $40.

For internet we are paying $64.00

For televison Digital starter NO MOVIE CHANNELS $65

So for JUST BASIC COMCAST TV and INTERNET nearly $200 a month? I don't want this anymore

Seems way too high

View more comments (8)
Olathe, Kansas
Comcast Tv Package

Worst Company Ever Comcast

I recently moved and transferred my service since then i have had my service turned off twice, been sent 3 digital boxes which none of them have worked. I was supposed to have a service call and they didn't show up for their appointment, Home the of the customer guarantee please this is the worst service I've ever seen. The lack luster attitude that they have for getting probelms resloved should not be tollerated. Their needs to be some type of accountablitly to hold these huge companies to treat their customers better. I can't stand for this

8) :grin :p

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards (MOMO) sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

#411988

On 11/16/11, I paid Xfinity $339.89 for an alarm system they were supposed to install on 12/3/11.On 12/3/11 I took the morning off from work (losing $100), so I could be at the house when they came to install the alarm, from 8 am 12 pm.On 12/3/11, at 11:55 am, Xfinity called and said that, even though they had charged me $339, they had no alarm equipment, so they had to reschedule for 12/16/11. Again, on 12/16/11, I took the morning off from work (losing again $100).At 12 pm on 12/16/11 (they were supposed to come between 8 am - 12 pm), Xfinity called and said that there had been a problem and they had to reschedule AGAIN for 12/23/11.

On 12/23/11 a very nice guy came at around 2:30 pm, and spent the whole afternoon trying to get the alarm system to work. He left at 7:30 pm and I still didnt have an alarm. I called at 8pm on 12/23/11 to request a refund. The representative said that I would only get $50 refunded!

I asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor said that I would get my $339 refunded in 3 business days. After more than a week passed, I called again on 1/3/12 and spoke with the same supervisor. He then told me that I would get the $339 refunded in 5 business days.

On 1/13/12 I still didnt had the money refunded, so again I called. This time, the incompetent representative told me that the account didnt show that I paid $339! As I had the December 2011 bill and my bank account statement that showed the charge staring at me, I asked to talk to a supervisor. I was told that a supervisor would call me in 15 minutes.

After more than an hour passed without a call from a supervisor, I again called and was told the same thing, that a supervisor would call me in 15 minutes. Im still waiting for that call. I want my $ refunded now!

I used the money for my cable/Internet bill to buy an alarm system from another company, thinking that those idiots would then credit my account if making a refund if it was too difficult or intricate for their limited intellects, and now Comcast is threatening to disconnect my account, even though they owe me more than what is due on the account! WORST COMPANY EVER!!!

its apparent you learned how to complain when you were a child before you learned how to spell properly.

View more comments (3)
Westminster, Colorado

Comcast - Billing and change of name

I have been a client of Comcast ever since they came to Washington. They had my personal and business service. Two years ago, I canceled my personal service, they raised my rate for internet, phone and TV to $164.00 per month. I went to Dish TV and lowered my rate to $99 without internet. I tried to change the business name on my billing from the former insurance company to Lake Tapps Insurance. Nine months later it still isn't done. Caller ID on you TV, still shows the former company. I am sitting here on hold with Comcast, trying to get them to correct the problems for the 5th time. I'm not holding my breath. Comcast is not on my Christmas Wish list.

Puyallup, Washington

Comcast you *** suck

Update by user Dec 23, 2011

Oh and *** again...just making sure you got it

Original review posted by user Dec 23, 2011

Just *** Comcast. You suck balls....for a company who tries to take over you should have the best service....I just hate you. *** you *** *** you *** You *** *** you *** You you suck you suck fuckypu You sick kiss my *** you *** basic cable is more enjoyable during sex at least I have dome to watch without getting pissed. You still suck....*** you ***....wait this channel should be available shortly...*** you you suck I hate your service...and *** you some more. If God had cable it wouldn't be yours

I really think you have Tourette's syndrome and a fetish for naughty dirty talk or something. Please buy book or an encylopedia and learn other words.

Try some medication for that repititious *** *** comng out of your thoughts and everywhere else. Godd lawd. I am sorry to hear about your sick kiss. Thanks for warning everyone though.

Thanks for sharing the disgusting aspect of your sex life while watching a dome.

Quite a visual. YUK.

1- Price gouging.

2- Unfair business practices.

3- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

4- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

8- False advertising.

View more comments (2)
Marysville, Washington

COMCAST IS THE WORST

COMCAST HAS THE WORST SERVICE,TECHNITIANS,AND CUSTOMER REPS,THEY CAME FOR THE FOURTH TIME TO FIX A PROBLEM WITH MY FAX LINE AND LEFT ME WITH NO PHONE LINES OVER 3 HOURS AT MY BUISNESS.AFTER REPEATED CALLS TO SUPERVISORS NO ANSWERS AND NO RETURN PHONE CALLS.OVER ONE HALF HOUR TWO TIMES JUST TO GET A HUMAN ON THE PHONE THAT DOSNT KNOW ANYTHING.THECHNITIANS CAME 4 TIMES 2 TIMES WITH NO HARWARE TO REPAIR THE PROBLEM WITH.THE MOST INCOMPTENT PEOPLE I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH.AND THE WORST PART IS NO ONE YOU TALK TO SEEMS TO CARE WHATSOEVER.
Miramar, Florida

Comcast XI2go SUCKS

I got the COMCAST USB adapter, the so called XI2go or Comcast internet to go 3 months ago. The service literally sucks. You have to run a program, XFINITY, to activate the comcast USB adapter and connect to internet. That is not so unusual. The problem is that this program is constantly freezing. Everytime the screen goes to sleep the program stops and I have to constantly Ctr+Alt+Del to open the task manager, kill the XFINITY manager and restart it again. It is slow to connect to internet, sometimes it takes 1 minute, when a simple USB WiFi adapter does it in seconds. If that was not enough when I tried to cancel the service I was told that there was an early termination fee of $150, which the representative that sold me the service over the phone failed to tell me.

San Bruno, California

Comcast Cable TV

I recently upgraded my service and a technition came out to install a new internet modem. He also replaced one of our HD receivers with a recorder HD reciever and then replaced another generic box with an HD box. I did not order this. When I called to complain I was told it was my fault because we let him install it. Well I was not home at the time and my son did not know any better. Now I have to waste my time and money to return these items. I am considering dumping Comcast and going with a Dish network. Who knows how much they will raise my bill after the year contract is over.

Poughkeepsie, New York