Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast in Derry, New Hampshire - Lie's and abuse

20yr cust, id has benn messed up,for over a yr. asked for someing writing to let me know, on phone for over 40hrs, still call me and it is my problem. got a work order# said they would call back. i called them and my problem was closed, got call today asking the same questions i have given them for ever, then was told for the 5th time, give me all your info about my poblem. said you have it. told we can't help unless i repeat it agian. can't do it anymore, writing now hurts me. i have never done this before, but how do you deal with this
Loss

Comcast has the worst service and even worst customer service

Tomorrow will be exactly 3 months I've had this service and it has been nothing but problems from day one. I have had to call them every week for service issues, two replaced boxes, 8 days without service on one box and the technicians have been to my home at least four times. Today was the final straw. The same box they replaced last month is out again and I was told it would be 6 days before they could replace the box. I ask to speak to a supervisor to see about getting someone out earlier and the rep told me I could not speak with anyone and I could not be placed on hold until the next supervisor was available. Needless to say the rep told me he was going to disconnect the call and he did. I tried so hard to be patient but like they say you get what you pay for and I got was a TERRIBLE service and a major headache. Its back to Directv for me.

you should be charged for the replacement of the boxes! you obviously have an electrical problem in your home that is burning up the boxes.

once they are bench tested and electrical fault is found , you will be charged hundreds of dollars for burning up comcast property with your faulty home electrical system. stop calling comcast and call an electrician before your house burns up next.

Comcast in Manitowoc, Wisconsin - Whole-Home DVR

Recently moved and was told there was no clear line of sight for my satellite. Forced to order Comcast. Negotiated "whole-home" DVR service. I have 4 TVS. I received 4 DVRS in the mail. HA! I guess that is their idea of whole home DVR service. Only problem, each DVR comes with a $20 rental fee. I asked why didn't they just install the real whole-home service? I was told it is not available in my area. I said then don't negotiate one thing and then send another. Not only are their boxes gigantic but they are really ugly as well with an bright old-fashioned huge pale orange display. End of story? I cut down a tree and now I have Direct TV again. Beautiful high-tech cool blue panel on front panel. Noticeable? Yes, but in an AWESOME way. Bill is half what Comcast wanted. Guide display is years ahead of Comcast. Bottom Line? Comcast needs to at MINIMUM follow Direct TV if they wanna compete in the TV-service market. Note: I kept Comcast internet, that service is AMAZING!

Me to kept Comcast Internet dropped their cable price sucked and so did service

Moved to this rental community that has exclusive contract with Comcast. They won`t let us have Dish, Direct, Verizon or BrightHouse.

Comcast service sucks. Service, channels or internet is always going down. They don`t care when you call `cause we can`t go anywhere else. They don`t return calls or they tell us it`s not their problem.

At my wits end. Will move after my lease expires.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Comcast charges to get router password.

I recently switched my services on Comcast, I wanted to switch to AT&T because of the cheaper rates but I decided to stay. Comcast gave me a new router for my internet service, but they did not provide the password or modem name. When I called to get the password because none of the passwords on the router was working they offered to charge me to retrieve the password to the router THEY provided. They should have provided the password with the router, but they decide to charge me for it. Great. I opted out to pay the fee and used my old router. Comcast has to have the worst customer service, what kind of company charges extra for information they should have already provided!
  • Computer security

Comcast in Denver, Colorado - I hate this company!

My internet has bee up and down hundreds of times over the last five months. Comcast told me to buy a new modem and it still doesn't work. They rerouted a cable and left it sprawled across my yard for the last two months in an attempt to fix the problem, but it still dsn't work. DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THEM!! I am in jeopardy of losing my job because I need to work from ho!me. I was just left on indefinite hold and after van hour, was hung up on. Worst customer service ever! I hate that I am stuck with them.
Loss

Comcast - Cancellation NIGHTMARE!!

I called to cancel service, asked if I was going to another provider, "yes, more services LESS MONEY!" Well, we can reduce your cost - really, you've had 5 yrs to do it, why wait until I'm leaving?? Sent a box for equipment to be returned, was supposed to have return postage, did not, cost $12 to send back. Within the week a COLLECTION AGENCY started calling and has called THREE TIMES despite giving them the tracking number on first call. Just talked to NON-Customer Support - it takes up to FORTY FIVE, yes 45, DAYS for the equipment to be tracked and processed once received!!! Then why is a collection company calling me when I've told you (idiots) and the company "here's the tracking number, shows was delivered TWO WEEKS AGO!?!?" "I'm sorry ma'am, it takes up to 45 days to process..." Then tell those people to STOP CALLING ME IF YOUR PROCESS IS THE HOLD UP!!! DESPISE THIS COMPANY!! If there are other options, go with them...HORRIBLE!! Cost of postage and TWO HOURS OF MY TIME.
  • Call option

I hate Comcast

Seriously, I have had Comcast for twenty years, but because of their monopoly in my county, I am screwed. My only other options are Verizon DSL...yes, remember dial-up ISPs at 0.5-1.5Mbps?...or satellite internet at a mindblowing 10Gbps and an equally mindblowing price tag. It is like a bad marriage in a country where divorce is illegal. And their customer service surveys? They know we hate them, the survey clearly states "you are rating the poor sap who works for us at below minimum wage, and not us greedy bastards in management who rob you blind for *** services."

I will be leaving Comcast Xfinity as soon as possible! My typical bill is over $250 per month.

I've been with them for over 12 years. That's $36,000 paid to them - and probably another 12 years I would have been with them. Long story short. Serive was out for a long time - like 3 weeks.

They just reimbursed me for the time that it was out. I wanted another $100 for my time and higher cell bill since the internet/wifi was out. They would not do it. IDIOTS!

All my past revenue, future revenue - none of it mattered to them. I am sure it will cost them more than $100 to find a replacement for me.

Really poor business sense!

I'm so happy - I get to tell them what I think of them by leaving! See ya, Comcast!

I just took Comcast to Small claims Court an I revived a judgement against them for $140 Court cost plus $1,000.00 and they are required to remove any negative information from my credit that was about $85 Total judgement $1,225.00.

The great thing is I know have a judgement against Comcast so the next people who want to sue can look up this case. (Comcast offered to settle for removing the $85 collection amount!) I obviously turned down such a lame offer!

Do not let people tell you you do not have a case and do not go to arbitration this is a waste of time! Get a judgement if you can for any amount if enough people do this things might change!

I spoke to a couple of attorney who said I would not prevail and Comcast told me I did not have a case.

GUESS WHO WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway I hope this helps

(Stop putting up with such bad service!)

Contact the Federal Communication Commission with your complaints. I did.

Comcast/Xfinity is one if thee worst monopolies on the face of the earth! Talk about too big to fail.

Price gouging, "do it yourself" service policies, horrible robotic customer service methods. This company is the only provider in our neighborhood, therefore we are slaves to their abuse. Government officials acting on behalf of the people need to stop these companies from taking over competition and preventing healthy competitive services so people have choices and have SOME control over these out-of-control companies. Comcast needs to be regulated as they have abused their endless power over customers who have no choices.

The government needs to stop allowing mergers of these massive entities. Why do they keep allowing them to grow to the point where they enslave whole communities, apt.

buildings, and other developments. If you have a choice, choose wisely & go elsewhere or you too, will become a slave to Comcast/Xfinity.

View more comments (3)
  • Minimum wage

Comcast in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota - Over a Month Later and Billing is Still Not Right

I should have known it was a bad sign of a company when the install guy is three hours late. Five weeks later and I'm still having billing issues. I had the guy install two outlets, one upstairs and one downstairs. I currently have one TV and wanted the second outlet for future use. What happens? The guy leaves a second receiver without telling me it's an additional cost. In fact he didn't quote me on any of the install costs, except to say when prodded that since I was getting two services, TV & internet that both outlet installs would be free.. not the case. Twice I've spoken to a customer service rep and both said that once I return the second receiver I would be credited. Instead I've been charged for March and now April. Additionally, I request paper service bills. My first bill stated it was due by 3/28/13 to which I paid it in full. After the fact I happen to go online and a second bill is posted saying I owe an additional $86.00, for a total of $244 due by 3/24/13. What?! Where did this additional amount come from, why was my due date moved up four days, and why didn't I receive a paper copy?! Every time I talk to a customer service rep they say my account will be updated in 24 hours. That has not happened and now the two online bills have been deleted by Comcast. I also can't believe that such a large million/billion dollar company has such limited customer service hours Monday through Saturday with no Sunday availability. I've made it clear with every one of my interactions with Comcast that I have never been a customer with them before. At this point I will no longer be a customer with them.

The same thing happened to me... They go around and around. Each month the bill gets higher for no reason, and they "fix" it, but nothing ever changes. Have to call the back each month and talk to an Indian who has no idea what I'm talking about.

The only time I made any progress is when I told them I wanted to cancel. Immediately after, I am transferred to an American person who knew exactly what my problem was and then gave me a fixed rate for a year. I had to agree to a contract, but whatever, I have no other choices.

I suggest every time you have a problem, tell them you want to cancel. They will send you to someone who will fix your problem right away.

Comcast in Atlanta, Georgia - Monthly Bill/Price Changing

As cable keeps going up and up and me not really a TV person and not taking advantage of all their services, I switched down to basic cable and internet. The long story short, basic was so basic I was just going to get an antenna and cancel the cable all together and just keep the internet service. At that time they offered me a good deal on both so I took and got a confirmation letter. To make a long story even shorter, I got several other confirmation letters (one even had me renting the cable modem…. Which I owned and had been using for years), so after 2 different calls and being tossed around from one person to another and having to start the whole conversation over again I just decided to fire them and just cut off my cable and soon to be cutting off my internet with them as well. That’s the problem with big companies today. The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing.
Review

Comcast in Tacoma, Washington - I hate these people!

I cannot believe what these people put me through yesterday. Yesterday was just a normal day. I have the Comcast, or Xfinity or whatever dumb name they wanna call themselves, triple play where you get cable internet and a phone line for an ungodly high price every month. surprisingly, that wasn't even the problem. Now apparently my phone line was down. Now I didn't know this because I conduct all of my business on my personal cell phone because you know how unreliable home phones can be. Now anyway it's about five a clock and it's my day off. I'm doing nothing except enjoying a relaxing night at home with my girlfriend. Eventually we start having sex. Then about halfway through I hear this pounding at the door. I put on underwear and reluctantly open the door. It is a Xfinity representative or technician or something. He demands to enter my home to which i politely tell him I am busy ( he sees that I am in nothing but my underwear) and I ask to come back another time. He said he called to make an appointment to fix my phone line. No wonder I didn't get the call, MY PHONE LINE WAS DOWN! I tell him I don't care about my phone and ask him again to leave (I'm making love with my girlfriend for Christ sake) and plus isn't it dinner hours or something anyway? regardless he tells me he cannot leave because also I have my cable set up incorrectly to the point where it is giving off a bad signal to other comcast users or something insane like that, and he refuses to leave as he barges his way into my home. He looks around for a bit and I tell him to leave. He says that it is a problem that cannot wait. I make him go to the back yard where our cable line is and he says he has to cut all the cable from the street. I tell him no because then I won't get cable. He cuts all the cable and phone lines to my house anyway and says he'll be back Saturday to finish the job. Gets in his van and leaves. Now I'm without phone and cable for a couple days so I'm paying 200$ for internet a month. When I got back in over an hour later my girlfriend was like, "well now I'm not in the mood, that was such a buzz kill" So Comcast came to my house, unannounced, Destroy my phone line, my cable line, and my chances of getting laid for the night. I am switching my cable provider the second I pay off my debt to theses corporate bastards.