Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast charges to get router password.

I recently switched my services on Comcast, I wanted to switch to AT&T because of the cheaper rates but I decided to stay. Comcast gave me a new router for my internet service, but they did not provide the password or modem name. When I called to get the password because none of the passwords on the router was working they offered to charge me to retrieve the password to the router THEY provided. They should have provided the password with the router, but they decide to charge me for it. Great. I opted out to pay the fee and used my old router. Comcast has to have the worst customer service, what kind of company charges extra for information they should have already provided!
  • Computer security

Comcast in Denver, Colorado - I hate this company!

My internet has bee up and down hundreds of times over the last five months. Comcast told me to buy a new modem and it still doesn't work. They rerouted a cable and left it sprawled across my yard for the last two months in an attempt to fix the problem, but it still dsn't work. DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THEM!! I am in jeopardy of losing my job because I need to work from ho!me. I was just left on indefinite hold and after van hour, was hung up on. Worst customer service ever! I hate that I am stuck with them.
Loss

Comcast - Cancellation NIGHTMARE!!

I called to cancel service, asked if I was going to another provider, "yes, more services LESS MONEY!" Well, we can reduce your cost - really, you've had 5 yrs to do it, why wait until I'm leaving?? Sent a box for equipment to be returned, was supposed to have return postage, did not, cost $12 to send back. Within the week a COLLECTION AGENCY started calling and has called THREE TIMES despite giving them the tracking number on first call. Just talked to NON-Customer Support - it takes up to FORTY FIVE, yes 45, DAYS for the equipment to be tracked and processed once received!!! Then why is a collection company calling me when I've told you (idiots) and the company "here's the tracking number, shows was delivered TWO WEEKS AGO!?!?" "I'm sorry ma'am, it takes up to 45 days to process..." Then tell those people to STOP CALLING ME IF YOUR PROCESS IS THE HOLD UP!!! DESPISE THIS COMPANY!! If there are other options, go with them...HORRIBLE!! Cost of postage and TWO HOURS OF MY TIME.
  • Call option

I hate Comcast

Seriously, I have had Comcast for twenty years, but because of their monopoly in my county, I am screwed. My only other options are Verizon DSL...yes, remember dial-up ISPs at 0.5-1.5Mbps?...or satellite internet at a mindblowing 10Gbps and an equally mindblowing price tag. It is like a bad marriage in a country where divorce is illegal. And their customer service surveys? They know we hate them, the survey clearly states "you are rating the poor sap who works for us at below minimum wage, and not us greedy bastards in management who rob you blind for *** services."

I will be leaving Comcast Xfinity as soon as possible! My typical bill is over $250 per month.

I've been with them for over 12 years. That's $36,000 paid to them - and probably another 12 years I would have been with them. Long story short. Serive was out for a long time - like 3 weeks.

They just reimbursed me for the time that it was out. I wanted another $100 for my time and higher cell bill since the internet/wifi was out. They would not do it. IDIOTS!

All my past revenue, future revenue - none of it mattered to them. I am sure it will cost them more than $100 to find a replacement for me.

Really poor business sense!

I'm so happy - I get to tell them what I think of them by leaving! See ya, Comcast!

I just took Comcast to Small claims Court an I revived a judgement against them for $140 Court cost plus $1,000.00 and they are required to remove any negative information from my credit that was about $85 Total judgement $1,225.00.

The great thing is I know have a judgement against Comcast so the next people who want to sue can look up this case. (Comcast offered to settle for removing the $85 collection amount!) I obviously turned down such a lame offer!

Do not let people tell you you do not have a case and do not go to arbitration this is a waste of time! Get a judgement if you can for any amount if enough people do this things might change!

I spoke to a couple of attorney who said I would not prevail and Comcast told me I did not have a case.

GUESS WHO WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway I hope this helps

(Stop putting up with such bad service!)

Contact the Federal Communication Commission with your complaints. I did.

Comcast/Xfinity is one if thee worst monopolies on the face of the earth! Talk about too big to fail.

Price gouging, "do it yourself" service policies, horrible robotic customer service methods. This company is the only provider in our neighborhood, therefore we are slaves to their abuse. Government officials acting on behalf of the people need to stop these companies from taking over competition and preventing healthy competitive services so people have choices and have SOME control over these out-of-control companies. Comcast needs to be regulated as they have abused their endless power over customers who have no choices.

The government needs to stop allowing mergers of these massive entities. Why do they keep allowing them to grow to the point where they enslave whole communities, apt.

buildings, and other developments. If you have a choice, choose wisely & go elsewhere or you too, will become a slave to Comcast/Xfinity.

View more comments (3)
  • Minimum wage

Comcast in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota - Over a Month Later and Billing is Still Not Right

I should have known it was a bad sign of a company when the install guy is three hours late. Five weeks later and I'm still having billing issues. I had the guy install two outlets, one upstairs and one downstairs. I currently have one TV and wanted the second outlet for future use. What happens? The guy leaves a second receiver without telling me it's an additional cost. In fact he didn't quote me on any of the install costs, except to say when prodded that since I was getting two services, TV & internet that both outlet installs would be free.. not the case. Twice I've spoken to a customer service rep and both said that once I return the second receiver I would be credited. Instead I've been charged for March and now April. Additionally, I request paper service bills. My first bill stated it was due by 3/28/13 to which I paid it in full. After the fact I happen to go online and a second bill is posted saying I owe an additional $86.00, for a total of $244 due by 3/24/13. What?! Where did this additional amount come from, why was my due date moved up four days, and why didn't I receive a paper copy?! Every time I talk to a customer service rep they say my account will be updated in 24 hours. That has not happened and now the two online bills have been deleted by Comcast. I also can't believe that such a large million/billion dollar company has such limited customer service hours Monday through Saturday with no Sunday availability. I've made it clear with every one of my interactions with Comcast that I have never been a customer with them before. At this point I will no longer be a customer with them.

The same thing happened to me... They go around and around. Each month the bill gets higher for no reason, and they "fix" it, but nothing ever changes. Have to call the back each month and talk to an Indian who has no idea what I'm talking about.

The only time I made any progress is when I told them I wanted to cancel. Immediately after, I am transferred to an American person who knew exactly what my problem was and then gave me a fixed rate for a year. I had to agree to a contract, but whatever, I have no other choices.

I suggest every time you have a problem, tell them you want to cancel. They will send you to someone who will fix your problem right away.

Comcast in Atlanta, Georgia - Monthly Bill/Price Changing

As cable keeps going up and up and me not really a TV person and not taking advantage of all their services, I switched down to basic cable and internet. The long story short, basic was so basic I was just going to get an antenna and cancel the cable all together and just keep the internet service. At that time they offered me a good deal on both so I took and got a confirmation letter. To make a long story even shorter, I got several other confirmation letters (one even had me renting the cable modem…. Which I owned and had been using for years), so after 2 different calls and being tossed around from one person to another and having to start the whole conversation over again I just decided to fire them and just cut off my cable and soon to be cutting off my internet with them as well. That’s the problem with big companies today. The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing.
Review

Comcast in Tacoma, Washington - I hate these people!

I cannot believe what these people put me through yesterday. Yesterday was just a normal day. I have the Comcast, or Xfinity or whatever dumb name they wanna call themselves, triple play where you get cable internet and a phone line for an ungodly high price every month. surprisingly, that wasn't even the problem. Now apparently my phone line was down. Now I didn't know this because I conduct all of my business on my personal cell phone because you know how unreliable home phones can be. Now anyway it's about five a clock and it's my day off. I'm doing nothing except enjoying a relaxing night at home with my girlfriend. Eventually we start having sex. Then about halfway through I hear this pounding at the door. I put on underwear and reluctantly open the door. It is a Xfinity representative or technician or something. He demands to enter my home to which i politely tell him I am busy ( he sees that I am in nothing but my underwear) and I ask to come back another time. He said he called to make an appointment to fix my phone line. No wonder I didn't get the call, MY PHONE LINE WAS DOWN! I tell him I don't care about my phone and ask him again to leave (I'm making love with my girlfriend for Christ sake) and plus isn't it dinner hours or something anyway? regardless he tells me he cannot leave because also I have my cable set up incorrectly to the point where it is giving off a bad signal to other comcast users or something insane like that, and he refuses to leave as he barges his way into my home. He looks around for a bit and I tell him to leave. He says that it is a problem that cannot wait. I make him go to the back yard where our cable line is and he says he has to cut all the cable from the street. I tell him no because then I won't get cable. He cuts all the cable and phone lines to my house anyway and says he'll be back Saturday to finish the job. Gets in his van and leaves. Now I'm without phone and cable for a couple days so I'm paying 200$ for internet a month. When I got back in over an hour later my girlfriend was like, "well now I'm not in the mood, that was such a buzz kill" So Comcast came to my house, unannounced, Destroy my phone line, my cable line, and my chances of getting laid for the night. I am switching my cable provider the second I pay off my debt to theses corporate bastards.

Comcast in Pleasanton, California - Greedy Company

I would give a 0 if it is possible is something I feel so strongly about for Comcast and this branch. Came here a month ago to cancel service and return everything. Comcast had tricked me into a 2 year agreement at a set price but decided after 1 year that they are allowed to up the fee by more the $35 per month but I can't do anything about it. I called so many times to ask for adjustments or better promotion but was told the same *** and finally I decided to just switch. Came here to return my equipment and waited for almost an hour because only 1 person was working when there was about 25 people waiting. There was at least 3 people who verbally complained to the front desk person but no help was given to the 1 person working. When it came to my turn, returning was easy, they didn't seem to care or want to save a customer. I asked the guy to let me know what my refund is, since I had just paid for the entire month. He did the math, added the early term fee and told me it would be around $60. I called the 1800 number after I got home and asked about the wait time and to once again confirm the amount and they said the same...about $60. NOW, 1 month later, I called Comcast to see where my check is. They told me it will be in the amount of $18 and it will come in about another 3 weeks. WTF happened to the rest of the $40 some dollars? Had 3 different people try to figure out the difference and all i got was, that is your penalty? So for 2 days of service and a 3 month early term(told $15 per month), you are taking away about $100? WOW...How much does each day cost? I don't care how fast your SPOTTY internet is, dealing with a company with no honor, honesty or integrity is NOT worth my time.
  • Returning

Comcast in Monroe Township, New Jersey - Transfer Of service

analyst Jereze has entered room Jereze: Hello old customer, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Jereze. Please give me one moment to review your information. old customer: My Issue: I have been trying to get a connection from Comcast since Februray 17th and havent been able to get it yet. I have spent several hours getting to different customer serverice, account management, sales and many other agent types but no help Jereze: I am here to provide you with excellent customer service today. Please be assured I will do my best to help you with your concern. old customer: 3 different technicians and 1 tele-cable person have come to my place and no help yet old customer: I am completely unsatisfied with the service old customer: and thinking of going to verizon old customer: my account number is old customer: and the last ticket number was old customer: the last agent I spoke to was Joan_brown@cable.comcast.com old customer: she said that if I send an email to her, she will get back to me old customer: but nothing has happened old customer: I have no internet for almost 2 months now Jereze: I understand that you want to subscribe for Xfinity Internet service and there was no installation yet, am I correct? Jereze: I am here to help you and provide you support with your Comcast Services. old customer: well i had asked for a transfer of service old customer: and they cancelled my last account and created a new account old customer: The last technician who came in told me to tell the comcast agent the following old customer: 1. "Cat house" is on the right hand side of the building and a cable has to run through the pipe (which exists today) by the NJ contractor tele-cable old customer: first so he (the technician) can come back and connect the cable old customer: so I can have the internet Jereze: Do you mean the line is ready, old customer? old customer: Yes, the cat house has the live connection old customer: that's what the tele-cable contractor of comcast showed me old customer: but the technician who came after him told me that a cable still needs to be drawn from the cat house to my side of the house old customer: its been a month to that and I have spoken to several reps on the call and everyone promises action but nothing happens after that old customer: So, the ticket number I gave you was provided to me by a sales rep who said that he is going to send a contractor to my house so that the cable can be run through the pipe from the cat house. old customer: Later he also said that once the tele-cable guy finishes his job, a technician will come to connect the internet old customer: I have provided you almost 2 month long history and there is nothing more I can say old customer: If you can help me ...fine...otherwise tell me so and I will make a move to verizon old customer: i am extremely frustrated by comcast so far and ready to give it up... Jereze: Thank you for all the information you have provided me. Jereze: I truly understand your situation. old customer: What are you going to do about it? Jereze: I will be checking on your account for details of the ticket number you have provided. old customer: ok Jereze: While I pull up your account, let me tell you about our Comcast Guarantee. We standby our customer's needs and it's our promise to provide you the best customer experience and stand behind our products and services. If you ever have a question you can reach us 24 x 7 online. Jereze: Thank you. old customer: I cant do any online thing because I dont have an internet old customer: I am using a computer outside of home Jereze: Oh, I see. Thank you for the information. Jereze: I have your account pulled up now. old customer: ok Jereze: I can see here that you have provided some informations that we needed on the Customer Information box before you initiated the chat. I'm glad it matched the informations in our system. Jereze: I will be checking on your account now for the details of your request. old customer: ok Jereze: Would you mind waiting for 2-3 minutes while I do this? old customer: ok Jereze: Thank you. Jereze: Thank you for patiently waiting. old customer: np old customer: i need this worked out today. old customer: If this is aint happening, I need to know and move on. Jereze: I have reviewed your account and the ticket number you have provided and it shows that you have cancelled the request for installation. Jereze: This is the reason as to why you don't have any service as of now. old customer: This is WRONG!! old customer: I had never requested cancellation. There are 2 agents who have told me that someone named Dwayne had made that error old customer: and the last agent Joan told me that she had fixed this old customer: She also told me that she has got her boss involved to get this fixed ASAP. old customer: I am really shocked that she also did not fix it old customer: I repeat. I never asked for a cancellation old customer: This was WRONGFULLY done by a person named Dwayane old customer: Dwyane old customer: I dont know if comcast agents are in sync or not... analyst old customer has left room user old customer has left room old customer: I hope I have clarified it for you Jereze: Thank you for the additional information you provided me. Jereze: I understand and thank you for the patience you have shown regarding this issue. As I have done everything I possibly can from my side, I will escalate this so our team that can investigate further and get back to you. Is that OK with you? old customer: I dont understand what you are telling me Jereze: I will be escalating this issue to our higher support team and they will thoroughly research all options to provide a solution. old customer: Basically, you are putting me in a loop like all others before you. I dont think comcast want my business old customer: So, I am forced to take a decision here. old customer: Unless you are willing to solve it now old customer: I have heard this many times before you and no one got back to me old customer: so, basically, there is nothing you can do now? Jereze: I really love to resolve your issue, old customer. Moreover, we need to have the higher support team check on this as they have access to all account options. They will give you a feedback within 24 hours. old customer: I think I have made it clear after almost 2 months of wasting time with comcast old customer: I should have switched then itseld old customer: I dont trust your word at all old customer: no body is going to come back old customer: Its best that we close this here old customer: No idea why a company of the size of comcast will trouble its customers like they have done to me Jereze: No worries, our higher support team will really look into this as I have set it to top priority. old customer: I dont believe you. Jereze: I greatly apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. old customer: Once i hang up here, I am calling verizon and trust me, they will get it done in 2 days time old customer: dont apologize...

Comcast in Lawrenceville, Georgia - Very Dissatisfied Customer

They are the biggest ripoff I've ever encountered. They want to charge for equipment and services that have been connected months ago.........don't buy their services! You'll be sorry if you do! That's why I disconnected my service and will NEVER use them again!Don't buy, don't buy, don't buy don't buy, don't buy, don't buy, don't buy! You'lll be sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry...........please don't do it!!!!!!!!! Biggest regret! Switched to another carrier with better prices and better customer service,,,,,,customer service is the key! Customer service is horrible! horrible! horrible! horrible! horrible!

Comcast has got the worst customer service..... try and call and all you get is "I'm sorry but that is a different department" then you wait on line like forever and half the time it disconnects.

I've even tried their "live chat" and in the middle of the chat got a phone call from the chat analyst who told me to exit out of the chat room and then he hung up on me........