Show reviews that mention
service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem people account
Filter review

Comcast, horriblehorriblehorrible!

This is the worst internet provider I have ever chosen. Occasionally, the internet connection is fine, but frequently there are a wide scale of problems. Recently it has taken six times the normal time or more to load a video on any site. Gaming online is now impossible due to the mountain of lag. I'm positive it is not my computer, because I have scanned it several times and restarted it, but nothing changed. Another computer in the same house is having the exact same problems. I do not recommend Comcast to anybody. It took me forever to go through Google to get to this site due to the slow loading, but I felt writing this review would be worth it before I give up on it again for the night. *** you Comcast, *** you.
Ypsilanti, Michigan

Comcast class action- 14.7 million customers

MY CLASS ACTION CAN AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS!!!! I signed up for Comcast at the end of 2008. Throughout 2009, like many of you, I was unable to receive all the channels I was paying for from Comcast. After a year of being told "a manager will get in touch with you," on December 2, 2010, I was forced to file a claim against Comcast with the American Arbitration Association ("the AAA"). I could not take them to court because, like 14.7 million other customers, I had an arbitration agreement forcing me to use the AAA (according to Comcast, only 18,000 customers have "opted-out" of the arbitration provision). On December 9, 2010, the AAA sent a letter to Comcast and myself, stating that Comcast's "arbitration provision has a material or substantial deviation form the Rules and/or Protocol [of the AAA]," and informing Comcast that the AAA must revise its arbitration provision for the AAA to hear any more complaints involving Comcast. Comcast's response? No response. The AAA and myself tried various avenues (fax, USPS, email, telephone) to inform Comcast of this complaint, but were again ignored. On March 11, 2011, I received another letter from the AAA (also CC'd to Comcast), informing me that the AAA was refusing to hear my claim, and that "since the business has not complied with our request to adhere to our policy regarding consumer claims, we must decline to administer any other consumer disputes involving this business. We request that the business remove the AAA name from its arbitration clause so that there is no confusion to the public regarding our decision." Comcast's response? As you can see (http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/SubscriberAgreement.html), Comcast continues to defraud its customers and the American public by having them enter agreements under the assumption that there is an adequate remedy for any complaints, when in fact, there is none. Not only has Comcast defrauded myself and 14.7 million other customers (not my number, but the number of Comcast customers that Comcast represented to the court were under similar arbitration clauses), but they have had a number of court cases dismissed because the party failed to seek arbitration before going to court (even though the arbitration provision was, and remains, a sham), hence effectively defrauding the American justice system, as well. Comcast recently removed my case from state court (of Fulton County, Georgia) to federal court(Northern District of Georgia) under the Class Action Fairness Act, claiming that the federal venue is appropriate because my claim is over $5 million. I never put a numerical value on my claim, but not only did Comcast represent to the court that the amount in controversy exceeds $5 million, Comcast stated, in their Notice of Removal to federal court, that "even taking only one month of the lowest average monthly bill...the amount in controversy would be $837.9 million." While I believe this is a gross exaggeration of the expected damages, Comcast seems to admit, finally, they have a serious issue with their arbitration agreements which could affect over 14 million customers. If you have ever been overbilled by Comcast, waited for Comcast service technicians that never showed up (or bothered to call you to inform you they were not showing up), had complaints dismissed by Comcast customer "service," been sent to collections for amounts you did not owe, had personal property damaged by Comcast technicians, or do not like the fact that Comcast fraudulently induced you into entering an agreement under the pretense that you would have a recourse to address complaints, please share this post with others. If enough people find out about this lawsuit, maybe Comcast will open its eyes and change its arbitration clause. I am doing this for every Comcast customer who has been screwed over and left with no recourse. Thank you in advance for your support.
Randy

can someone please post the attorneys info

#520064

This charge is currently pending in Georgia, but I will be moving to certify a national class.

brian_roberts@comcast.com is email address of CEO of Comcast

I am a first time customer, who got some bogus bill for $90 for unreturned equipment, which is quite interesting since I never had my own account with Comcast.

I am now going on 2 weeks waiting for an answer. They even tried to push my ticket back to a later date, saying I called a week after my original complaint.

I think I will give them another few days, before I start contacting 3rd parties to help them resolve this fraudulent practice. I don't know why I cannot get a answer to a simple question after 2 week, and talking to 4 different reps? Where did this charge originate from?

I used to be a CAE at Lynnwood,WA Tech Repair call center. Comcast Cares Day is a joke.

You had to use a vacation day to participate in the HARD PHYSICAL LABOR VOLUNTEER SERVICE DAY.

Comcast Cares...but not much.

Comcast Cares...about $$$. If you want discounts call the 800 phone number and ask for the retention department.

To A Edwards: Fulton County (GA) Superior Court Civil Action No. 2012-CV-212984; Northern District of Georgia Civil Action No. 1:12-CV-1397-SCJ

HI. Can you provide the name of your case and where we can get more information? Thank you.

View more comments (6)
Washington, District Of Columbia

Comcast is absolutely the worst!

We switched to Comcast from AT&T because they had gotten too expensive. Little did we know the problems we would be having with Comcast. After a month, we've had 6 service calls, innumerable phone calls and their service stinks. We still have problems with the phone, which has been there since the beginning. Today when I called, they told me it was probably our "wires" and it would cost $50 if they found it was us. I told him I've told every single service person about it and no one would address it. I got a bunch of excuses, and they wanted to sell me a "customer service protection plan" for an additional $3.99 a month....after all this *** we've dealt with. I am just ready to switch back to AT&T. We never had a problem at all with them...just expensive, but we have found that cheaper really means "cheap and no service". I'm just sick of this company. Even one of their service people told me they had such a bad reputation that he was looking for another job. That's pretty bad. Please...if you are considering this company, run as fast as you can another way. They don't care about the customer once they get that check.
Mount Laurel, New Jersey

Comcast is always giving us trouble

We have been Comcast customers for less than a year (around 8-9 months). We used to have Astound and we were very pleased with their services. However, we moved to a new place and the building only allowed the tenants to have Comcast. We've had problems with Comcast from the very beginning, we've had multiple cable guys coming to our place and try to fix the problems. One of them stayed at our house for 4 hours. We've had our cable box replaced multiple times. We've had problems with the channels multiple times. The On Demand feature is never available when we need it. We call them, they say they're gonna fix it, they're gonna refresh it in a few minutes. Next day, the problem is there again. We are extremely disappointed with Comcast. We never had so much trouble with a cable company in such a short time. It certainly feels like they could not care less about the customer's satisfaction. We would definitely switch to a different company if our building allowed us to do so.
San Mateo, California

Comcast adjust charges again

for the 3rd time in less than 2 years of service, comcast has arbitrarily added $10.00+ to our "bundled" services. no explanation, no advanced notice. the 1st time, comcast tried to raise our rate by $16.00/month; when i inquired they said i had placed a call to comcast and changed my service (a complete lie as i had no reason to contact them or change my service). when i pushed for more information, 3 separate customer service reps HUNG UP on me (and i was not being rude, just kept asking for details on when this supposed call took place; none of the reps could ever answer that). finally had to go to the dept for canceling service and only then did i get someone who would help (no apology, however). then approx 6 mos later another bill arrives with another increase. had to repeat the same procedure and finally a very nice young man in customer service resolved everything. here it is not even 8 or so months later and another bill with another raise of $10.00. no information on the increase. COMCAST IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER TO DO BUSINESS WITH; AVOID THEM. THEY LIE, STEAL YOUR MONEY, AND CREATE MULTIPLE LAYERS OF BUREAUCRACY WHEN YOU NEED TO CALL THEM AND RESOLVE ISSUES.
Nashville, Tennessee

Comcast

I have had a Comcast package twice now. Both times my Internet and Phone would shut down for minutes to hours to days. I'd be in the middle of something on the internet and be shut right off. Frustrating !! I would be on the phone (when it worked) and get cut off...not be able to get a dial tone back..and sometimes that would last for hours. What if I had an emergency? I complained to the Company many times and no technician could find the problem. I don't feel I should have to pay full price for such horrible service.
Dallas, Texas

Comcast - Wasted my TIME- Not Satisfied with Customer Service

I needed to install internet in my home. I called in to talk to one of the representatives of the 24-hour customer service. I remember I spoke with three different employees. One of them was Robin. I had the modem and router already plugged in. I just needed to verify that everything was done correctly and launch internet. I spent about 2 HOURS on the phone, trying to figure out why there is no internet access. At the end, FINALLY one of the representatives transferred me to the High Tech Support Department. I spoke with Kristin and in about 5 minutes we figured out that one of the previous owners disconnected a wiring when moving out. I was so frustrated that I spend 2 hours dealing with an issue that could have been resolved in about 5 minutes. A waste of my time and evening. I am not satisfied with Comcast Customer Service. Every time I call in, I spend at least an hour on the phone. It is very frustrating.

Absolutely the same problem on my part, *** customers service. actually the worst I have ever had. I will be switching to dish also.

We have had Comcast in my home for 9 years and it was nothing but a big headache since day one. It began when the service was installed.

The technician cut the cable line too short and rearranged my living room to accommodate the short cable line, when I told the technician that is unacceptable he developed an attitude with me. After he connected the service he left. Didn't even check the TV's to make sure the service was up and working correctly. I turned on the TV and the box wasn't even programmed.

I was furious. I called Comcast after waiting 25 minutes on hold I was told "We can come back out on Tuesday", the service was installed on a Thursday. I told them they needed to come back that day and could not be an entire weekend nevertheless World Series weekend with TV. They said the next available appointment would be Monday between 10-2.

I said I wanted a supervisor. They stated none were available." How convenient. I told them I was not taking another day off from work and this was the technicians fault, not mine. They finally sent someone out later that afternoon.

There's been too many issues since then from non working refurbished boxes, *** service, too expensive and extremely poor customer service. This past Saturday we had Direct TV installed and they were already ahead of the game from Comcast the service actually worked and the technician took his time explaining how the service worked. I was so excited to call Comcast Saturday evening and tell them exactly what I thought of their service and I wanted immediate disconnection. You have know idea what I had to go through to do that to.

Because the account was on my husbands name they needed his permission to speak to me, his social security number (he refused to give), and the exact dollar amount I paid last month. All because they could not look us up in the system with our address and phone number, then to be told "Oh,you called the wrong calling center." I was furious I said " No, *** I called 1-800-COMCAST." Amazing, they had the address to mail me a monthly bill for 9 years and I couldn't be found in the system. They said they couldn't disconnect service they couldn't find. Well, today the boxes are all going back, and a receipt for the return will be requested and they better not pull *** the service was never disconnected.

PEOPLE GO TO DIRECT TV ITS AWESOME.

I was paying $126.00 for Comcast, I now pay $61.00 A MONTH for the same service including brand new boxes that are included. COMCAST IS ALA CART CABLE.

View more comments (1)
Ellensburg, Washington
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast decieving sales practices.

I recieved a sales call concerning bundle services. I was told my bill would be even less than what my current bill was. It was $100.00 more than previously, in the end I dropped some movie channels to lower my bill. Secondly, I wanted cable wired to 2 rooms, I was told it would be $34.99, when I obtained my bill there were additional charges totaling $70.00. Of course when I call to complain on a Sunday they are closed, apparently the complaint department is not 24/7. Thirdly, we could not hook up to the internet, I stayed on the phone 6 hrs. In this six hours I was told to wipe out my entire computer and start over. In the end, I was hit by lightening and the card for the internet was blown. All comcast does is cost me time, money and phone calls, they SUCK.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Comcast Bundle

Comcast - My cable and internet was out for 12 hours

I was sitting waiting for my favorite program to start, and all of a sudden my cable and internet went out. I called Comcast, only to get a recording that said it would be out until 9:00am, the next morning. Too bad i had just paid my $ 180.00 bill. They don't hesitate to disconnect your service for non-payment, but they can take their time when it comes time to restore service. I hate them, and unfortunatly, tv doesn't work without it. We need another cable company, COMCAST SUCKS! I want compensation for the hours of service that i did not get.
Ajtease

Hello Anon, guess what? more great news!

I called ComCast a second time, to downgrade my service, after i left the library(ckecked out a book of witty responses). I used my new-found witt on the customer service lady, and she placed my account under a promotional plan, where i get to keep all of my services at $62.00 discount, for 1 year. Let me take the honor of doing the math: $180.00-$118=$62.00 for 12mos.

that's um, let me see, a grand total of $744.00 i'll save on cable, just from a phone call. THANK YOU,MY FRIEND :grin :grin

Ajtease

I don't need a library card, i have a collection of books, and you can talk your *** off, but i have recieved a 2 day credit for my inconvienence, thank you very much!:)I spend more time reading, than you spend breathing. My problem is solved.

Thank you,Anon, for the suggestion, i don't play about my money.Guy Number 3, now that you don't have anyone to play with, would you like to borrow a book? LYMFAO

Ajtease

Every dollar counts, it's my 2.50. I bet they'd cut you off for 2.50.

Like I said, my bill was paid in full, on time, if you like being screwed, fine, never cared for it, personally.

Imagine if that were 2.50 per person,the cable was out, in the entire area, that equals rip off. Please find something else to do, you mean nothing to me

So far, following your own ramblings, you paid late, paid in cash, and are upset you missed 12 hours of TV. And you still can't come up with a witty response that makes an ounce of sense. And as far as how I pay my cable bill, I do it the simplest way possible, automatic billing.

I do hope they reimburse you for that 12 hours, let's see 150 bucks for internet and TV divided by 30 days is 5 bucks a day, then take half of that for 12 hours, and you should be receiving $2.50

My recommendation is you take the $2.50 and use it to pay the late fee on your library card, that way you'll have something to do when the TV doesn't work, and you might even find a book on witty responses in the humor section

Anon, if my cable would have been out for 5 days, i would have climbed up the cable pole. Even though i have a dvd collection of over 300, i love my cable. You must have the patience of Job, i want to be like you when i grow up

Anon,this happened Saturday night, so first thing Monday morning, i will call and ask for an adjustment. I know, 12 hours really isn't a long time, but i work at night and i'm an avid crime documentary freak, i only get to catch up on my favorites(Deadly women, Who the Bleep Did I Marry?)when i'm off, that is, the new episodes.

I was just so outdone, i thought my service would be up, within the hour, and like i stated before, i just paid a hefty bill and i pay every month like clockwork, and when you pay for something, in this day and age, you want what you paid for. If i only watched cable for 12hrs. would comcast accept 12hrs. worth of payment?

LOL! Thanks for making me laugh about it!

Only 12 hours? My services were out in Jan.

for 5 days!

Have you tried asking for a bill adjustment? I asked for a 5 day credit on my bill and they gave me a bill credit worth 9 days and an apology with no questions asked.

Ajtease

Tim Thomas, i don't know who you're talking to, or what you're talking about. My point stands, i paid for service that i didn't get!

Is your back door open, too! know a guy named Bubba, who will help you close it. How's your wife? Apparently any response will work for you, maybe you'd better not ask for vaseline, when the cable company comes to ***, who knows, maybe that's how you pay your bill.

Silly me, i took the old fashioned route, I paid CASH!

When i pay for a month, i want a month of service, not a month- 12hours. It's my issue and my complaint, if they gave you the grease before poking you, that's great, and please don't comment again, dickwads make my head hurt

"They don't hesitate to disconnect your service for non-payment, but they can take their time when it comes time to restore service"

Kinda shows they disconnected you before for not paying your bill.

And, witty responses only work if you weren't raging in the first sentence.

Ajtease

I pay my bill the minute i get it, i don't need ***(highly offensive)and *** If you like paying for service that you don't get, seems like your back door is wide open. Tell your mom amd sister hello

View more comments (10)
Jacksonville, Florida
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast sucks! Get Netflix!

Comcast stole $314 out of my checking account and says it will take a month to give it back! I cancelled comcast and got netflix and century link internet for a fraction of the cost comcast was charging. I watch the news on my computer or sports games. Cancel comcast before they *** over too!..... Their internet was also always going out, and we constantly had to reset the modem! I am so happy I cancelled comcast and got netflix and hulu, no commercials on netflix and hulu. I also got pandora radio which is pretty awesome I can listen to it anywhere and its free.
Denver, Colorado

Cancel comcast! Get Netflix & Hulu

they took $314 from my checking account when I only owed $150. I cancelled comcast and got netflix and hulu. I watch the news online I am so happy I cancelled comcast, netflix is great and only $8 a month, I got internet through quest/ century link and its way faster and never freezes for $35/month. Everyone should cancel comcast! I also only pay $8 a month for hulu and cut my bill $100 a month. Comcast is old and outdated form of entertainment. I will never do business w/ comcast again! yay! there are finally other options to comcast!
ID
#312093 Review #312093 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Boulder, Colorado

Comcast - Digital box snafu

My Cisco box died. I was told that I could exchange and didn't need remote. Brought home, followed directions and now stuck on 1 station. Customer service said they would call back in 20 minutes. Never got a call. I am going to dish or direc tv. Comcast is awful. Finally answered after 19 minutes. No fix over the phone. Earliest available appointment is sunday which is 3 days from now. No offer of credit was offered, so I guess I will have to go to small claims court to get money. Oh well some companies just need to be smacked.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Comcast Tv Service
Loss

Comcast - Worst Internet service I have ever used

Have done several speed test and can never get above 1.5 mbits of speed. Most times i wait long than the old dialup service. Test were preformed both wireless and hardwired. I am an international pilot and can get better service on the plane. Don't know what Comcast problem is but I know dsl will work better and faster from my location. Unless comcast can provide better service it time to change. xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xx x x x x x Butch Lowe 3838 Treasure Cove Circle Naples Florida 34114 316.393.4962

You probably have the economy internet package, which is only 1.5 Mbps down. Check your bill or call customer service to find out. You must have performance or higher to recieve faster internet.

Bonita Springs, Florida
Comcast Internet Service

Don't change from Vonage to comcast!

I was approached by Comcast to bundle my phone from Vonage....big mistake. My outbound caller ID has never worked. I am either - unknown, my phone number or Washington. I have made countless long calls to Comcast trying to get this fixed. I just found out that they are saying it is not Comcast but the other carrier's problem. My problem is that these calls are local and international calls with the same problem. So is every carrier the problem except Comcast? The last agent I spoke to gave me her name, Heidi and extension 2912433. Big surprise...the agent's number just rings and rings....no one ever answers the line. Tonight I was told that they can't get a supervisor or anyone to talk to me and that a ticket can't be opened to address the problem... So much for customer service. If you have vonage...stay with them!
Renton, Washington

Comcast - Not Telling the Truth

We lived in an apartment for a year and had the slowest internet only from Comcast. The "promotion price" was $34.71 per month including the $7.00 modem fee and taxes. The Comcast representative said that after six months the amount will go up $9.99 per month. After six months the bill sky rocketed to $70.53!! I called Comcast, was put on hold many times, passed around and frustrated. They said, I was mistaken but they were willing to take $10.00 off my bill. No mistake on my behalf, the conversation was accurately in my notes.
Radford, Virginia